Gomez v. Ladouceur at Canadiens’ Tuesday practice

Gomez
Yes, this just might be a topic on L’Antichambre:
The session in Brossard was enlivened by a heated exchange between Scott Gomez and assistant coach Randy Ladouceur.
“I screwed up on the drill,” Gomez said after practice.
“It happens all the time. Shows you the fire is still there.”

“There was no argument,” Gomez added. “It was a coach yelling at the player for messing up a drill.”

“We’re all grown men,” said Hal Gill. “We get heated and yell at each other. That’s part of the game, part of a team.”

“I played for an emotional coach, John Tortorella, and this happened often,” Mathieu Darche said. The difference, he added, was that practices in Tampa were covered by two journalists, not the battalion that descends on Brossard.

“It was more about competing and doing the drill the way it was intended to be done,” said Randy Cunneyworth, who restricted Gomez to less than eight minutes of ice time against Carolina Monday night and would not confirm that the Canadiens’ highest-paid player would be in the lineup against Boston.

“We’re looking for the lineup that will play the right way,” Cunneyworth said.

“Our job,” Tomas Plekanec said, “is to play hockey and not worry about who is playing and who is not.”

Lines at practice: Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty | Darche-Plekanec-Bourque | Leblanc-Eller-Palushaj | Kostitsyn-Gomez-White

Yannick Weber was back at practice, but in a no-contact jersey

AUDIO: Scott Gomez | Randy Cunneyworth | Hal Gill I and II | Tomas Plekanec

1. habs17 says:

once again scott gomez is the scapegoat for this team, which is unfair but gomez can handle it with his positive attitude and does not let u haters get to him
    I support Scott Gomez

2. Danno says:

Are there some underlying issues which are affecting Gomez’s play and attitude?

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

• SmartDog says:

I’m a big believer in looking at the player as a whole, their motivation etc. But at some point you just say enough. It’s not like Gomez has some temporary issue.

I’m convinced Gomez’s issue is Gomez. What he says in interviews always seems out of touch with reality. He says he’ll be better, he says he’s trying so hard, etc. And most of the time what we see is peripheral play or east-west play when everyone else is going north-south. I think he’s a guy who’s still trying to do what made him successful at one time and not really listening to anyone, not hearing what he’s being told to do. He used to say over and over “I’m a veteran, guys look up to me”. Yeah, like they looked up to my cousin Jimmy in high school when he was a track start. Now he’s just an ordinary guy, nice guy, but people don’t look up to him. Gomez think’s he’s still a star. He thinks it ain’t really broken so why fix it. That, I believe, no matter what he says to the contrary, is the problem. He doesn’t think he needs to change, he thinks he just needs to ‘try harder’ while doing the same stupid things over and over.

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• Da Hema says:

Gauthier certainly thought so when he explained after the playoffs last year the team was expecting Gomez to be better prepared for this upcoming season. I interpreted that as a conditioning issue — that Gomez was not keeping himself in elite athletic shape and that the team would be more demanding of him. Of course, Gomez missed a chunk of this season with an ambiguous “injury.” I think on this, more than anything, Gauthier revealed himself to be spineless.

• kempie says:

He’s not very good anymore. I believe that’s the main issue here.

3. Danno says:

Double post.
    ________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

4. HABZ24 says:

gomez is an over rated over paid floater extraordinaire,why we keep this guy up is beyond me.send this clown to hamilton allready.if he doesnt improve down there let him go, buy him out send him to the siberien hockey league,whatever.

GO HABS GO

5. Da Hema says:

Hmmm. “Felon Of Smog” is an anagram for “Geoff Molson.”

6. Da Hema says:

Did you know an anagram for Randy Cunneyworth is “Raunchy Nerdy Town?”

Or another for Tomas Kaberle is “A Meerkat Slob” — but for those who wish to see him traded, “Marketable So!”

Fascinating.

• SmartDog says:

Or “So Marketable”! Which shows why I don’t put much stock in anagrams.

Though Cunneyworth does seem like a guy who comes from raunchy nerdy town. That one has some truth in it.

————————————-
      Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• Danno says:

“Hyena cry downturn” is also an anagram for Randy Cunneyworth and pretty well sums up this season too.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

7. SmartDog says:

Gomez says:
    “No one wants to win in Montreal more than me”
    AND
    “I’ll never let down my teammates.”

This just shows he’s out of touch. Cole wants to win more. Patches, Plekanec, Price certainly does – Subban does…. most of the team does.

And as for never letting his teammates down. What was all of last year? The man is delusional. The things he says have no anchor in reality, just in what he wants to believe.

————————————-
    Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

• matt jordan says:

his counter arguements with Ladouceur must have been so lame and pathetic.
      Gauranteed contracts are amazing. Gomez has absolutedly failed the job he was supposed to do. All he has to do is show up, sober, than skate around for eight minutes a night.

We shouldn’t be so hard on him I guess, he’s having his best month offensively since February of last year.

• SmartDog says:

If they’re anything like what he said to the press, yeah. He’s so f-n proud and yet so f-n useless. So something’s gotta give, and you know what it is? Reality. He has no idea how stinkin’ bad he is. He thinks he’s playing his heart out and just not getting the bounces. The #1 thing that I can’t stand about Gomez is that he plays how he wants to play. He doesn’t do what NEEDS to be done, he does what he WANTS to do. Which is lame – but he has himself convinced it’s awesome.
        ————————————-
        Listen to the Smart Dog. He knows his poop!

8. SPATS says:

Conspiracy theory:
    Shulz and White were called up because there was a deal for Gomez, AK & Moen in the works with San Jose earlier in the day. The deal started to unravel because of Moens injury and PG kept the lines open during the game and instructed RC to keep AK and Gomer nailed to the bench to prevent further injury and keep the deal alive so he could keep trying to sell San Jose somehow.

Now (assuming I’m onto something here) the deal is on life support, tomorrows tilt with the B’s could clear things up should they both be in the pressbox as the news above is hinting… If they do play, what would be wrong with putting AK and Eller on Gomer’s wings? This combo has the potential to open up some ice for Gomer while the studs crash the net? Another DD, Cole, Patches type line? It couldn’t have hurt RC to try this in the 3rd last night, unless he was under orders to give us steady doses of Palushaj instead… We basically ran out of gas running 3 lines. No matter how pissed RC was with them (and I’m not buying the explanations) even he would have to admit he could’ve used their fresh legs in the 3rd non?

I’m running on fumes myself trying to justify staying tuned these days. It’s causing me to seriously consider self medicating before games. I rather stay on the Habs wagon than fall off the other one… B’s and Vodka next!

Spats out

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

• Bripro says:

That’s quite the theory.
      But I know it can’t be so, because neither Moen nor AK played the first two periods on regular shifts.
      PG would have pulled them after two.

As for pairing Gomer, Eller and AK, they’ve all had chemistry playing with the other.
      Better to put Gomez at wing, that way he has a wider patch of ice on one side to roam around on….in no particular direction.
      Let’s be honest, he’s great to carry it out and through the neutral zone, but like I’ve posted before, he gets to their blue line, and he loses his faculties.

9. Psycho29 says:

MAB is a healthy scratch tonight. Could there be a deal coming that would send him back to Montreal?

Timo?

10. rogieshan says:

Kostitsyn had chemistry with Eller for a few games, why demote him to the 4th line and give the guy more reason to sulk?

11. Captain aHab says:

Lessee: Snorators vs TB or do something productive with my life? What says the Commentariat?

I’ll preface by saying that I will miss the Boston game tomorrow because of a family obligation.

—————-
    McGuire for GM!
    Roy for Coach!
    Sh*t for Brains!

12. Captain aHab says:

Reading that article, I’m seriously starting to think Gomez won’t live up to his contract.

As a Mexican, I wonder what he thinks of that Mississipi politician who wants to rename the Gulf of Mexico “Gulf of America”. Maybe that’s what is weighing Scotty down.

—————-
    McGuire for GM!
    Roy for Coach!
    Sh*t for Brains!

13. Mr_MacDougall says:

$8 tickets for Habs panthers game in Florida.. why did I go to Montreal and spend $1,000 on tickets (between 4 of us, 2 couples)

next year it will be Florida!

14. Captain aHab says:

Darche for Nash…has a nice sound to it.

—————-
    McGuire for GM!
    Roy for Coach!
    Sh*t for Brains!

15. nickster13 says:

I dont know about you guys, but i DO NOT want Rick Nash. He’s been a perennial loser and will be on the downswing of his career (arguably already is). And he would cost an arm and a leg. No thanks! Id rather trade for someone like Jonathan Huberdeau if we’re gonna ship some guys out.

• Lizardking89 says:

Not his fault he is on a crap team either, he’s a power forward to build around he’s only 27! Who the hell is is playing with… Antoine Vermette and Vinny Prospal? You put him on a decent line and he’d light it up. The point is moot anyway he doesn’t want to come here and we have no assets to trade for him.

• Captain aHab says:

The reason I would not want Nash is because of what we would have to give to get him.

—————-
      McGuire for GM!
      Roy for Coach!
      Sh*t for Brains!

• aj says:

@ nickster13: That is if Florida will agree to trade Huberdeau. The guy’s a workhorse playing for Team Canada at the World Junior this past January alongside Mark Stone. By that performance alone will tell you the Panthers are not going to compromise their future prospects.

16. Marc10 says:

Here’s a thought. Kabs for Komi straight up. Both awful deals for awful players, but I have to believe Komisarek would regain some form playing Markov or Gorges or PK.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Kaberle is better than Diaz, Weber, Gill, and Campoli right now.. I just don’t understand all the hate for this $4mill d-man.

• Laramy87 says:

13 points in 21 games with the habs… Id take it.
        Sure a little soft on D, but he does have good vision and can move the puck

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Exactly, put him with Georges and most of his “gaffs” would end up being covered up. His breakout passes are typically perfect, he pinches often in the offensive zone and usually at the proper times. Defending on the rush is his biggest weakness.. his D-Zone coverage is ok.. it is on the rush where he is weak, otherwise a decent player, and great passer.

• jmsheehy19 says:

Stats only come into play when they support people’s irrational hatred.

For example, rather then comment on Kaberle’s impressive point total, they focus on one play in which he was beaten by one of the premier players in the world. Also that he eats baby koalas, FACT!

It’s irrefutable, because I followed it with FACT and used an exclamation point.

Not intending to attack you Marc, more a condemnation of the whole populace.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

You’re right, but it’s easy to say Kaberle sucks because people agree with that. Last night Josh Gorges was as bad as any Canadiens defenceman, and Max Pacioretty was Cammalleriesque™, but the TSN news actors won’t tell you that, so people just say things like Kaberle is awful.

“Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded this month”
        – Sean Bonjovi

• piper says:

no………Kaberle was awful.

• Sean Bonjovi says:

…awful yes, but still not the worst.

“Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded this month”
            – Sean Bonjovi

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Exactly, too many “quick stories” here are a few that they are looking for in the next couple of months…

Kaberle is soft
          PK at “it” again
          Gomez sucks
          Insert French/English story

What about these:
          Max Pac has rebounded magnificently from a serious injury and is on his was to 30 goals in his first full NHL season.

Carey Price has kept Habs in games all season, the key to the leagues BEST PK

Eric Cole is the model of consistency and effort.

PK Subban having a solid SOPHOMORE season despite a drop in offensive production.

The DD story, un-drafted, doubted, given a chance.. rising to the occasion.

Louis Leblanc looking like an NHLer

Lars Eller solidifies himself as an NHL talent, future looks promising. Excels at many different roles.

• aj says:

@ Mr_MacDougall: Yeah well, Kaberle then (in your opinion) is better than Diaz or Webber or Gill or Campoli in that respect. However he blew it last night on the PP which costed the Canadiens a win against the Canes.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

I remember seeing an amazing power move with speed by Staal, sure Kaberle was the player that on coverage, but Price could have poke checked, or had his five hole covered.. IMO it was a great goal more than a bad play on D or in goal.

• piper says:

Id do it. Komis contract is almost up isnt it?

17. Laramy87 says:

I painfully hate toronto sports media sometimes. While on my drive home from work listening to TSN 1050, James Cybulski was asked if last nite loss to Carolina solidifed our season and we are finished, to his response, “mmmmmmmm yeah”, in one of the cockiest most arrogant attitude. I felt like turning around and driving to TSN building and punching him the face. You dont get to say that, especially. While the chances at the Habs making the playoffs is a long shot still, but if Leafs lose tomorrow we are in the same position we were Sunday morning (with one less game)- 7 out with 25 games and a chance to pull within 5. I jsut hate cocky Toronto media that think the world revolves around the Leafs. Oh Nash is avail Leafs should sign, with what assests?

Habs have been playing better hockey of late and have played the Bruins well all year, with 2 losses coming in one goal games. I think Habs will beat the Bruins tomorrow and pull within 5. Habs are not gonna die and will make it interesting. Im still an optimistic habs fan.

Now let the pessimists attack me!

18. habs17 says:

I GURANTEE YOU the habs will NOT get NASH

I support Scott Gomez

19. Grumpyoldhab says:

Monkey see, monkey do.

In case no one has mentioned this one, the Regina Pats defeated the Saskatoon Blades last night 1-0. The only goal was a shortie scored as Jordan Weal sped around defenceman Darren Dietz. Is Dietz trying to be Kaberle Light?

• Mattyleg says:

Diet-z Kaberle?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• habsgod says:

i was at the game last night don’t worry dietz looked fine he got beat by 1 of the best players in the entire whl weal has done that to almost every defenceman in the league ! i also got to see brendan gallagher here he’s awesome and is going to be a very good player for us

20. Mr_MacDougall says:

Molson Brothers sold 80% of the Habs to George Gillett in 2001 for $185 million.. GG gives the organization focus, leadership, and meaning. (remember rumors of the team moving to the states before he stepped in) 2009 Geoff Molson purchase 80% of the team from Gillett for $550 mill. Atta Boy George!!!!

What kind of leadership do the Molson’s provide compared to Gillett?

21. piper says:

can someone please tell me how to add a profile picture?

22. Psycho29 says:

And for some positive news today; Jarred Tinordi leads the entire OHL in Plus/Minus with a +38

• Mr_MacDougall says:

I know he is big, my brother said he is mean…. will he and Emelin be the “physical cornerstone” of the future Habs?

• Psycho29 says:

He’s still growing…on draft day in 2010 he was 6-6, 205.
        He’s now 6-7, 218 according to the OHL site. He turns 20 next week.
        If he’s half as mean as his Dad, he’s a keeper.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

If one of Ellis and Beaulieu can become an offensive NHLer the future on D is looking very promising.

• piper says:

Yes, I like their future on D but you never know. I saw Tinordi earlier this year and he looked a little timid but I think it was his first game back from injury so thats understandable. Pattern and Bennett also looked good in the game I saw them in. Pattern has good size and is fairly agressive.

23. Mattyleg says:

Aww, what happened to longtime poster V.I.P. SportsWeb©?
    I had lots of Habs questions for him.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

24. Gary says:

Let’s just face it: The Canadiens have descended to the level of the laughable, a pathetic, bottom tier team with no inspiration, no real power, no vital leadership, no reverence for what it means to be a Hab, nothing. They are a substandard club, with absolutely no killer instinct. The game has gotten better, they haven’t. It’s coming up on 20 years since the last championship. Forget about near term – this is a multi-year process both acquire and develop talent, find a coach for the ages and put real leadership in the office. They’ve got nothing on any of these fronts. So write the club off for years to come, pray for a progress through evolution generated by sound leadership and maybe, just maybe, one day we’ll have something. Right now it is pathetic. Watching other teams play with the intensity the Habs virtually never showcase breaks my heart – and the skill level around the league far surpasses ours. That’s the simple truth folks. Sam Pollock, Grundman, Blake and Bowman built dynasties. It’ll never happen again – the league is too big, the talent spread too far and wide. But to have a shot, they need something they haven’t had for years. HEART.

Gary

• piper says:

I was buying it until you said Grundman.

• Cardiac says:

But to have a shot, they need something they haven’t had for years. HEART.

…and a number one center. …and depth on all four lines. …and defensemen with size. …and the second-coming of Patrick Roy.

Should I go on? LOL

– Jerry Maguire

• joeybarrie says:

So a team is now laughable if in 5 years they win the East standings. Make the Conference finals, make the playoffs each year, thus saying they’re at least in the top half of the teams.
      So what does that make the rest of the teams with the exception of 5 others???
      Why does that make the current NHL…?
      You must realize this is not 1950. There are not only 5 other teams to compete with.
      Players like Koivu had no heart? He led this team for most of those “laughable” years.
      Did Raymond Bourque only have heart in his last year?
      How did guys like Moen, Gill, Gomez, Gio, Kaberle, Campoli, etc win a cup then? Exeption to your rule?

• HabFarmer says:

But on a more positive note, I had a really tasty bowl of chile for lunch. So life ain’t all bad – in fact it’s not bad at all.

*******************

Bring on zee Fembaahhts!!

• chilli says:

Yeah, and had they won last night 3-0 you’d be posting how much heart they’ve shown over the last 5 games. You can’t just bounce from game to game like so many fans on this site do.

There are 4 or 5 elite teams, the rest can win or lose on any given night, but he lesser teams will lose more than win. We have been a lesser team all year. If you really thought a team with rookie defensemen, a 22 year old (PK) asked to carry a big load, players like Eller and Max to lead the way to elite status – you know nothing about hockey.

We have the foundation to improve but we are not an elite team right now and we never were. Not with this lineup.

But a fan must remain a fan through and through. Or else jump on another bandwagon.

Tre

25. Bradzerker says:

I’m not sure the Habs have the horses to get a deal done for Nash. Columbus HAS to make the playoffs and Howson will be trying to save his job. He’s not looking for a total rebuild. I can’t believe prospects like Tinordi, LeBlanc, Beaulieu or picks would be of much interest. Howson needs guys that can make them competitive now which means on Montreal it would be a Nash for Price or Nash for MaxPac PK scenario. The Habs aren’t exactly stocked with can’t miss prospects. This trade could hurt the team short term.

No question Columbus needs a goaltender. If they are serious about trading the face of their franchise they need to get a goaltender in return. That makes the Habs a very unlikely dance partner.

26. stevieray says:

Just had a brain fart !!!! trade Gomez for Heatley/…..both are unhappy where they are at ,,,the cap hit is the same ( will close 7.5 Gomez vs 7.37 Dano) and the lenght of the contract is the same …maybe even through in a Weber or Campoli to sweeten the spot …

• bleedhabs81 says:

No thanks. I have a hard time with Heatley. I know he was young and stupid, but he still is responsible for killing someone and was never really held accountable (aside from his own rehab and whatever else goes on in his head).

• jmsheehy19 says:

And to stay on topic, I’m sorta with Bleedhabs on this one. From a purely hockey standpoint, no doubt. But it’d be hard too root for him.

• stevieray says:

About heatley ..I’m sure he thinks about that event constantly . As your post has shown ..people also don’t forget …although if I recall the Snydor family forgave him ….
      OK enough of that ..no more Brain Farts !!! I promise !

• bleedhabs81 says:

And the Snyders are better people than me.

The thing is though, he was lucky it was only Dan that was killed. I am assuming (and pure speculation on my part) that Dan was a willing participant in the joy ride.

He was doing 85 mph in a 35 zone and was lucky no one else was hurt. I have no problem with people endangering themselves but the instant you put someone else at risk, you lose every ounce of respect from me. Driving careless does that.

27. Mattyleg says:

To be honest, all this piling on and bandwaggoning regarding AK is pretty funny. He’s got the 4th most hits on the team, tied for 3rd most goals, and 4th most shots.

People have it in their minds that he’s lazy or something, but I don’t see it. He’s not Erik Cole or DD, but there are around 20 other players on the team that aren’t them either and don’t have the stats AK does.

He needs to be more defensively responsible, I agree, but being paired with Gomer isn’t going to help anyone’s +/-

He’s great with the puck, very strong, and doesn’t generally make bonehead giveaways. He’s a good 2nd to 3rd liner.

I don’t get the hate-on.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• stevieray says:

AK is and always has been the least of this team’s problems… In case all the haters haven’t noticed …Gomez has been his center lately …
      Just ask Eller ..I bet he’d love to have AK back …

• piper says:

That line of AK Eller and Moen looked good while together.

• neumann103 says:

This season, after Desharnais and Pacioretty the Forward combination that has been the most synergistic (both improving the other) has been Eller and AK46.

I recognize Kostitsyn’s issues with consistent effort but don’t get all the hate.

For lines the Habs need to keep
        MaxPac with DD,
        AK46 with Eller
        Give Plekanec at least one winger that does not suck.
        all the rest you can juggle.

“Et le but!”

• Le Jadester says:

Very good assessment Matty and I agree.

To be honest, I have no clue how the dynamics in the room work with the coach and players and upper management and all ?

But I do know that AK 46 is a good hockey player and I can’t for the life of me understand why he is not being used to his strengths ?

I’m a fan of AK 46 and was also of SK 74. But for some reason it seems like its not gonna work for him here in Montreal, for whatever reason ? I would bet that he is gonna be moved and go on and do well elsewhere like SK 74.

I think Randy or whoever is making the calls now made a mistake with the handling of AK. And no one is held accountable for the talent we ruin all the time and pass along to other teams for free pretty much.

I’ve watched Palushaj enough times now to know that there is no way he’s an NHLer. Dags was way better. We burn on that trade too, along with the SK deal. But at least JM got to prove his point (laughing all the way to the bank) and now Randy is proving his (while he gets another job somewhere else next year) and our team gets fleeced again by losing to good hockey players with little return all because coaches cannot utilize talent appropriately or their pride gets in the way. Not a good way to run a pro organization IMO. To much emotion and not enough calculation I think ?

Either way, I’m sure this will be all over when he’s traded soon. Can’t wait to see who’s next in line once AK’s gone.

Habs, OLE !

• jmsheehy19 says:

19 games for a 22 year old who was used primarily on the 4th line for a few minutes a game isn’t really enough time to condemn a player’s future effectiveness.

• Le Jadester says:

Yes, you are correct to a certain degree and I could easily be wrong on this one and I hope I am, for the sake of our team.

I just don’t see much there in terms of good promising future this year or last. I don’t know why, but thats how I see it and I know, that I don’t know much. I think Blunden is more promising. But again, its just my take which, doesn’t mean squat.

When I first saw Louie for example, I thought for sure he is NHL calibre and gonna be good for us.

Habs, OLE !

• Mattyleg says:

Hold your horses there Jadey.
        Nothing is done yet.
        Just because people yap on a forum doesn’t mean that anything is a done deal.
        He got himself into the doghouse with a lax effort, we don’t know what came before, but he’s played through adversity before, and he will again.
        I don’t see the Habs getting rid of him, unless we do a real housecleaning. He’s averaged 43 points during his 4 years here, and won’t be too far off that this year. I don’t see him leaving unless they have real trouble resigning him.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Sean Bonjovi says:

I’m not big on Palushaj, but IMO he’s every bit as good as D’Agostini was when he got traded.

“Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded this month”
        – Sean Bonjovi

• HabFanSince72 says:

AK is clearly a notch below our top 4 attackers (Plex and the DD line) in terms of production. He is on pace for a 17-18 goal season.

He is essentially tied with a 22 year old sophomore (Lars Eller) for goals and points.

(The difference is that Lars is getting better and AK isn’t.)

At his salary that just isn’t good enough.

How many times does he have to glide back to the bench while the other team mounts an attack (typically after he gave the puck away)? (Look at the first goal last night.)

He has one good game followed by three bad ones, and has followed this pattern for his entire career, including playoffs.

People want to remember the good times, and on Valentine’s Day that is very sweet. But this relationship has to end.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

• Mattyleg says:

I dunno. His salary isn’t terrible for what he does, and there is at least one player like him on every team in the NHL.

The only thing is that every team thinks that player should be better, and wants to get rid of him for another player that does the same but makes less. Then that player finishes his contract, and you have to pay them more to stay. Then you get bored of him, and the cycle reinstates itself.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Le Jadester says:

I agree with ending the relationship.

If they were grooming him to be like Alex Kovalev, then I don’t think they gave him a fair chance. I’ve watched every game for the last 4 years and he has only been inserted into important roles on the team when someone has been injured or when he was with Kovy and Plex. (i.e. PP, the half wall position on the PP, 4v4’s etc) . Everyone else and their brother has had those opportunities, even as newbies to the team and have failed at them and still get numerous other chances to succeed (i.e. Ryder, Higgie, Pleks, Lats Patches, just of the top of my head). AK46, one eff up and he’s done-zies. As well, he’s never had a center to play with except for Lang and now Eller. IMO I consider Pleks to be a shutdown guy and not a set up guy first. Add now he’s with Gomer (I don’t know, mabey they’re drinkin’ buddies too ?)

My point is, we as an organization “effed up” with the K-bros. I like them, but don’t care if they’re both gone. I care about the organization/team. They should have been at very worst….. an excellent 3rd line for us with a decent 3rd line center at (i.e. Lang who was a senior citizen at the time) at a good price. Or if we knew they weren’t gonna be good for us in the long term, they should have been traded for a good return when their value was good in the market. Instead, just soap operas and fleeced trades while other teams benefit from our picks and development.

So my question is, who is responsible for this ?

Habs, OLE !

28. sane hockey fan says:

Canadiens fans trade logic:

Here, take all our crap players we don’t want, and give us one of your best players, maybe two.

• shiram says:

That’s why PG is an awful GM.

• Cardiac says:

Better yet, the free agent philosophy:

Why didn’t we try to sign XYZ??? We could have offered him the same money!!!

– Jerry Maguire

• jmsheehy19 says:

Team development philosophy:

“Player X is clearly never going to be an NHLer due to his 2 game call up as a 22 year old. I can’t believe we gave up on Player Y when he was still so young. Management never gives our prospects time to develop!”

29. Bradzerker says:

$11 million dollar 4th line …. sweet!

30. otter649 says:

With signing of Boychulk by Boston he becomes the second highest paid Bruins dman (for now) going into next season……..

31. Sisky33 says:

PLAYERS I WOULDN’T TRADE-

Price
    Eller
    PK
    Emelin
    Max p
    Georges

EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD BE SHOPPED!!
    Landing a big name CENTER that is age 24-29 like (Carter,Getzlaf ) should be PRIORITY #1 besides locking up Price of course.

Thank God we didn’t go after a natural goal scorer over the last few free agent periods … coughGaborikcough

PG has to GO!!
    I don’t think I would have him make too many moves…

• aj says:

Columbus and Anaheim are no pushovers. I don’t believe their assests like Carter or Getzlaf will be traded.

For example, who’s the latest Blue Jacket rumored to be traded, its Rick Nash. The Jeff Carter rumor just faded right after Nash’s name got put up by the media.

• Sisky33 says:

Im just saying no scoring punch down the middle. I like Pleks but Carter can do everything he does plus score. Pleks has had so many missed break aways over the last2 years that 5mil. cap hit is just as frustrating as gomez is for less than80 points. If that was the case we could have brought back Koivu for less $$

• piper says:

I agree with your list but would you trade PK Leblanc and Gomez for Nash. I think I would but not sure Columbus would.

• Sisky33 says:

I think PK can be the horse we saw glimpses of in his 1st year. Its lack of maturity to Montreal’s night life. We ship out guys because of it… ex Ribiero, Ryder, SK74, Grabovski HIGGINS ECT.and so on FOR WHAT IN RETURN THOUGH?

• Cardiac says:

No love for Plecks?
      What about Desharnais?
      My God… COLE???

Three defensemen and two forwards? Wow…

Btw, we would have had to pay Gaborik $7million+ to play here. Just because we want someone to sign here as a FA doesn’t mean he will sign.

– Jerry Maguire

• Sisky33 says:

If for a rebuilding process? Then yes.

Cole has a no movement clause.
        DD is a hard worker and you obviously read to far into it. When is the last time we heard DD was going anywhere/?
        Pleks can’t finish.
        ALL OUR CENTERS HAVE ASSIST TOTALS YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT NOT POINT TOTALS

• Cardiac says:

Last time I checked, assists count as points, we’re still putting the puck in the net… LOL

– Jerry Maguire

• Sisky33 says:

whens the last time Habs have had a 30 plus goal scorer i guess I’m getting at.

• Cardiac says:

Alex Kovalev… four years ago. Where the heck is he now?
            Gionta has 29 last year and if we’re lucky we’ll have two this year.

– Jerry Maguire

32. habsperspective says:

Probably been said already, but is it Wednesday in Quebec already.

33. habs17 says:

if every1 really wants to blow this team up then we have to trade cole, by trading cole we can get at least a 1st rnder and a prospect which will make us alot younger, i believe cole is only going to get worst and worst the man is 34 trade him now and start the rebulild
    I support Scott Gomez

34. krob1000 says:

Eklund has Nash to Kings done…Penenr, Bernier,etc

35. Batalla says:

PG has to make a serious play for Rick Nash. He is that size guy with scoring punch. Just wonder how high the price would be. Does anyone know if Nash has a NTC?

• shiram says:

Capgeek.com is great for those kinda questions.
      Yes he does, and also has a contract of 7.8 millions cap hit for 6 more years.

• aj says:

Not going to happen. Nash’s contract is a pain if you’re going to combine that with Gomez’s. PG’s not going to gamble big this deadline.

PG may try to play his cards this time when deadline comes. Because if he makes a move, he better be sure its the right one. I’m sick and tired of having a Gomez or a Kaberle type of trades here. We need players who has the size and skill but also the drive to make our team win.

• jmsheehy19 says:

we’d have to move one of Patches, PK, or Eller to get it done among other pieces obviously ( like our 1st).

Doesn’t really make sense for us short term or long term. and even if it did, the price would likely be to steep.

• Phil C says:

He has a NTC. NHL radio were reporting that he has given the GM a very short list of teams he would consider. Extremely unlikely Montreal is on that list. Probably one of the Kings, Leafs, Rangers, ie big market team in the playoff race with cap room.

36. habs17 says:

l Gomez has a right to be mad the guy got 7 minutes last night, no wonder we lost the game, a person of gomez’s caliber gets 7 minutes if i was gomez i,d demand a trade
    I support Scott Gomez

37. Jonson says:

funny how Boone makes fun of rds and antichambre about making this a story.. hello…. its HIO’s front page story!!! the irony

• Les Canayens says:

The preemptive strike strikes back.

▭ ◌ ▭ ◌ ▭ ◌ ▭ ◌ ▭
      ❝ I can’t really hear what Jeremy says, because I’ve got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears.❞

38. Kooch7800 says:

Would you trade AK for Ruutu from the Canes straight up?……I am thinking I would

Time to rumble.

Leafs win over Flames tonight will be the final nail in this team’s coffin. I root for… Tank.

41. mfDx says:

Gomez is not going anywhere, my friends. Sorry.
    The only ways we can get rid of him are:
    a) part of a package that includes Price ,Subban or Pacioretty.
    b) trade him for Rick DiPietro
    c) wait for him to be a late cut at training camp.

Kaberle, however, we should trade.
    As the playoffs approach, I can’t see Pierre Gauthier as the only GM who fancies a pretty playmaker with a short stick. Both Subban and Weber have smartened up a bit lately, better PP quarterbacks IMO, and I would let Markov finish the season with the club fielding a 7D lineup.

If you can get decent picks for Campoli, fine.

But unless you can get returns that will be in the lineup this september, Kostitsyn, Moen and even Gill should stay just in case the Habs get the opportunity “upset” the Reigning Champions this postseason.

Sent from my CHphone

• Stev.R says:

Would you trade Gomez for Dipietro?
      Pros: Dipietro is always hurt and would never count against the cap
      Cons: If he got healthy, he would be an expensive back up.

42. Stev.R says:

A poem entitled “Gill and Subban”

(Gill)
    It’s not time to make a change,
    Just relax, take it easy.
    You’re still young, that’s your fault,
    There’s so much you have to know.
    Find a groove, settle down,
    If you want you can play D.
    Look at me, I am old, but I’m happy.

I was once like you are now, and I know that it’s not easy,
    To be calm when you’ve found something going on.
    But take your time, think a lot,
    Why, think of everything you’ve got.
    For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

(Subban)
    How can I try to explain, when I do he turns away again.
    It’s always been the same, same old story.
    From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen.
    Now there’s a way and I know that I have to go and play.
    I know I have to go… and play

(Gill)
    It’s not time to make a change,
    Just sit down, take it slowly.
    You’re still young, that’s your fault,
    There’s so much you have to go through.
    Find a groove, settle down,
    If you want you can play D.
    Look at me, I am old, but I’m happy.

(Subban)
    All the times that fans cried, hearing all their anger intensified,
    It’s hard, but it’s harder to ignore it.
    If they were right, I’d agree, but it’s them They know not me.
    Now there’s a way and I know that I have to go and play.
    I know I have to just be me.

43. MiltonHab says:

I was and have been a big supporter of Scott Gomez since he arrived in Mtl…But I’ve had ENOUGH. Get his sorry ass out of here!

” That’s part of the game, part of a team”

Too bad winning doesn’t seem to be part of the team.

45. Phil C says:

Plekanec can be an excellent shutdown centre against the smaller and speedier centres in the league. He was able to shut down the Tavares line and the Kessel line last week. He shutdown Sid Crosby in the playoffs in 2010, and Pleks is one of the few centres in the league that can match Crosby’s quickness.

But against a big centre like Staal, I wonder if Eller should get the shutdown assignment instead of Plekanec? There are only a handful of true big centres in the league and most of them are in the western conference, so Pleks would still get most of the assignments. He could have just had a bad night, but I think it was a bit of a mismatch.

46. habsfan0 says:

Realistically, it does appear the Habs’ season will draw to a close in approximately 8 weeks. There use to be a time when, even though the hockey season ended prematurely,Montrealers would at least have the upcoming baseball season to look forward to. Obviously,with the Expos having departed for greener pastures (lol) a long time ago, there is now a void for sports fans between seasons.

There must be a group of Montrealers with deep pockets who understand this and also are aware of the fact that next to hockey,football in Quebec has quite the following…i.e. CFL, NFL, and at the scholastic level.

Why can’t such a group put together the funding needed to secure an NFL franchise when, a team that has been rumoured to relocate when its owner passes,i.e. the Buffalo Bills, does indeed look to relocate. While the consensus seems to be that the Bills will relocate to Toronto, the Bills in Toronto Series over the last few years has been somewhat less than successful. As to where the NFL team could play, I’m sure Olympic Stadium could be upgraded by lowering the playing field allowing additional seats to be installed as well as adding luxury boxes.

There isn’t much doubt in my mind, that should this occur, Montrealers and Quebecers in general, would support this team wholeheartedly.

The Bills’ colour scheme is red,white, and blue which would fit perfectly with Montreal sports teams.

I don’t think the richest person in Canada gets an NFL team in Canada. The NFL’s business model is focused on TV revenue. The numbers in Canada mean diddly squat to them, compared to a team back in L.A. etc….

There will be an NFL team in Mexico before Canada, in my opinion. Ted Rogers blew his load to get the Bills to come to Toronto for 1 game per season, the prices they are charging for tickets is stupid and they have been papering the stadium for those games.

I would love to see an NFL team in Canada, I just don’t see it fitting the economic model which the NFL is following.

• Cardiac says:

I agree on economic impact it would have on the league. Also, you brought up one crucial point, and that is no Canadian city has at its disposal an NFL ready stadium. You need a stadium to host 60,000 fans plus. Not gonna happen this decade.

– Jerry Maguire

• Les Canayens says:

Commonwealth Stadium and, gulp, The Big O, both has 60k seating.

Wouldn’t a NFL team in Canada will ended up having a CFL caliber roster given that many NFLers will be barred from Canada with their criminal records? (OK a bad attempt at a joke)

▭ ◌ ▭ ◌ ▭ ◌ ▭ ◌ ▭

47. aj says:

I think here’s what is going on: When the coaching staff eyeball’s you, be better prepared to take the heat!

I believe all of the player’s performances are caving in to how their confidence and comfort levels are. I think its good that RC and RL got fed up with Gomer’s useless attitude and useless play.

For $7million a yr, he should better grow up and act like a man!

48. Bripro says:

So I arrive here late today, deciding to truly work and shake off those winter blues, the Habs not helping.
    Let’s see…what’s new today?
    The Vatican makes the front page…
    The citizens of Greece are more tict off than a Habs fan after a game against Carolina…
    Euro bail out…
    My early appointment is cancelled … the customer’s plant burned down
    Valentines Day…OH S$%T! Oh well, too old for that anyhow…

And on here?

Gomez attacks! Coach counter-attacks! Gomez onslaught on HIO!

Darche plays his keester off! Darche onslaught by non-partisans!

AK gets benched for 3 silly putty plays. Kaberle gets a goose egg for being soft boiled!

Yesterday’s enthusiasts are today’s panic-stricken!

So, it’s business as usual I see. Boy, the Gomez reprieve didn’t last long.

49. boing007 says:

Pariah de jour. Good one. Could make Larousse one day.

Richard R

50. Dr.Rex says:

Palushaj has been immitating Jason Blake quite a bit lately with his useless laps around the net with the puck. Clearly he is not a fan of driving the net.

I support Scott Gomez’s forced retirement.

51. Dr.Rex says:

Kostitsyn is clearly one of those players that will improve once leaving Montreal. BUt Im starting to think he will never surpass what we have seen. But his value to other teams may be his biggest asset to our franchise. PG should be in talks with LA right now about how to put a deal in place to get Jack JOhnson in a habs uni. WE would have to give a young player away but JJ is also young and ready to contribute to our team today and therefore fits the mentality in MOntreal of remodeling not rebuilding. I dont think the price for JOhnson would have to be as big as many negative nannies will say it is. KOstitsyn, Palushaj and Ellis would get it done.

• joeybarrie says:

Clearly we can see by his current play that AK will improve once he has left Montreal. Its obvious. Its a shame that PG doesn’t recognise this as clearly as we do. I just don’t understand why PG refuses to talk to LA.
      Hopefully Lombardi reads this site and realizes what a great deal this is. A free agent, a 4th liner (maybe), and Dan Ellis (who plays for Anaheim by the way). Pretty good deal for both.
      That being said, I hope we can get this done cause despite the fact that we clearly see AK doing better elsewhere, I also do not believe he will do any better than what we see. No improvement there. But he does have an upside, that may or may not outweigh his downside.

• Get AK a try with Flyers.
      You will be surprised how he’ll improve playing with Giroux and Jagr. 30+ goals a season esily

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is Choibolsan.

• boing007 says:

Find him good linemates here and let them develop together. Eller and Bourque should do the trick. Stop juggling him around. He needs stable linemates.

Richard R

• boing007 says:

Get him a fulltime chaperone to keep him out of mischief.

Richard R

• Strummer says:

If AK’s play will improve leaving Montreal then maybe the problem is Montreal – specifically the coaching.

Part of a coach’s job is to get the most out of his players.

See Muller, Kirk.

Management/Coaching housecleaning required

______________________________________________________
      “It’s just an opinion – I could be wrong”
      -Dennis Miller

52. habs-hampton says:

So how come Kaberle doesn’t get called out for his Dion Phaneuf impression last night? That was a brutal play, and is typical of what we get from him.

53. shiram says:

So Randy won’t confirm that Gomez will play against the Bruins, does he have the cojones to do what JM would not?

54. Habfan10912 says:

I am glad the coaching staff are upset with AK and Gomez. The most important game of the year with potentially the season on the line and these two guys plus Kabrele decide not to show up. I don’t believe that these two guys are popular in the “room” today.

55. H.Upmann says:

Click Gomez icon. Drag to recycle bin. Empty. open browser and surf N.A.G sites

56. habsnyc says:

Gomez is a sunk cost, whether or not he plays. If Gomez is a third or fourth line center, the cost of replacing him is not $7 million but less than $1 million for a fourth line center or $2 million for third line center.

I do not think he is well suited to the fourth line. Either give him minutes or seek alternatives.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

57. twilighthours says:

This I also don’t get: lots of posters are angry at the Tankers among us because they feel the team/players shouldn’t quit.

Yet you get angry that Darche plays over Kostitsyn.

Uh, guys: Kostitsyn quit a long time ago. Darche busts his *** every shift. If you’re an anti-tanker, you gotta love Darche. He embodies your never-say-die attitude.

Me personally: more Darche, less or no Kostitsyn. That guy just doesn’t give a sh!t.

• Propwash says:

The thing is, Kostitsyn, when he’s on, he’s on. It’s sort of a catch 22, trade him away, and he does better elsewhere, all hell would break loose around these parts.

_____________________________
      Don’t let the wultures getcha.

• Phil C says:

Kostitsyn scored 10 goals in month a few years ago, and he looked like he could score 50 before he got injured on a low check by Keith Ballard. He has the speed, the shot, and the hands to be a top producer. But he seems to consistently annoy the coaching staff and end up in the doghouse. I would really like to see him with two good forwards to see what he could do. Imagine AK with Malkin or Datsyuk?

But he has to be frustrated to play with Gomez. He never had chemistry with Gomez even when Gomez was better in years past. At least put him back with Eller and LL, they have had some chemistry this year. At least that would put some pop back in his step.

• LafleurGuy says:

Took a long time to return after being knocked out by Coyotes Kurt Sauer. Camera showed brother Sergei very upset on the bench. Funny how these non-stars are almost ignored with their head injuries compared to Sid. See also Marc Savard, David Perron, Matthew Lombardi, and for more than half a season last year, Derek Boogaard, and Colton Orr.

“May you live in interesting times.”

• boing007 says:

Kostitsyn playing half ass is still better than Darche at full tilt.

Richard R

58. Chuck says:

I’m not one for posting line combinations, but here’s what I’d start with against Boston:

Cole/Desharnais/Pacioretty
    Leblanc/Eller/Kostitsyn
    Darche/Plekanec/Bourque
    Schultz/Engqvist/White

Say what you want about Kostitsyn’s consistency, but he’s missed 10 games and is still 5th in team scoring. No one can argue the chemistry that he was developing with Eller when Moen was in the lineup. Get him back with Eller and get him engaged in the game. Having him float around the ice with Gomez is a waste.

You’ll also note that Gomez isn’t in my lineup. This is another opportunity to send a message to the players who WILL contribute to next season’s squad: bust your ass in game and practice, and you will play. It’s pointless to ice a player with Gomez’ skill set for 6 minutes per game, and he hasn’t earned any more… so it’s Bell Centre steamies and paper airplanes for him against the Bruins.

If the 4th line is going to get 6 minutes, then populate it with players that best suit that roll ie: White and Schultz. Call up Engqvist to centre them; at least he’s a big body at 6′-4″, and at 6 minutes and the home ice last change you’ll be able to shelter him from the other team’s top lines.

59. Ali says:

Boston resigns Boychuk for three years @ cap hit of $3.36m per year. Can spend the next three years getting his ass handed to him by Ryan White.

Makes the Gorges deal seem about right salary wise, not sure about the length of that deal still though.

60. Corson27 says:

Why the hell is Darche playing so much? Ok he hustles, I will hustle also can I play on the second line? Pathetic.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

The current coaching staff wants players that allow them to make all of their decisions for them… That is why rookies and non-creative Vets are getting loads of Ice time… and Pleks.. but how could you NOT play Pleks?

I loved when PK made some exciting and effective rushed last night, but I fear it was not part of the “plan” and he will be reprimanded.

61. arcosenate says:

Mister, would you please help my Gomez?
    He’s over there behind the tree
    He’s down in the dirt, would ya help him?
    I think he is done

Mister would you please help my Gomez?
    He’s firing blanks and he won’t leave
    He’s cryin’ like a baby, would you help him?
    I think he is done

Mister, would you please help my Gomez?
    He’s down and he ain’t gettin’ up
    He messed up a drill at the practice
    I think he is done

Gomer, Gomer, Gomer

Mister, would you please help my Gomez?
    I think he is done

Mister, would you please help my Gomez?
    He’s over there lookin’ at me
    He can’t play because he’s a one-trick pony
    I think he is done

62. Rainrocket16 says:

AM I the only one who knows it’s not Wednesday!?

63. Storm Man says:

Must be a slow day in Habs land that we have to talk about Gomez vs Ladouceur both won’t be here next year. As for the Nash talk please let’s pass on that guy.

• Boomer says:

Do people here actually believe we could land Nash? lol

• habsnyc says:

Nash has an NTC. He is controlling the process. I think it safe to assume he would only play for a contender with a playmaking center on a team with a limited travel schedule. To me that makes NYC the most likely destination.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

64. slimjim111 says:

Louis Leblanc: 21 GP, 3 G, 4 A, 7 PTS, +4
    Scott Gomez: 27 GP, 1 G, 7 A, 8 PTS, -4

Is this guy really worth 7 Million?!?!?!?!?!?! SEND HIM TO HAMILTON and bring up Leblanc; at least he’s an investment…

65. Habfan10912 says:

Well for the last week we’ve heard a lot of ‘Gomez is great in the room. Gomez is well liked by his teammates. Gomez just wants to win. Blah blah blah friggin blah. ” It is time to say good bye to this guy once and for all even if it embarrasses Bob Gainey. Enough!!!!

Sorry to say it James, but I don’t see Molson cutting a cheque like that yet. While Gomez isn’t ligting the world on fire, (heck right now he would have a hard time winning a tiebreaker on Survivor for first to light a fire) I think teams biggest problem is defence. Too many soft passive dmen, and these same soft passive dmen do not provide near enough offense to offset that.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

I’d like to see Emelin cloned, and Markov HEALTHY!!!

Markov Emelin1
        Subban Georges
        Emelin2 Emelin3

now that is a heavy hitting defense!

There has to be scientists in Russia that could do that, probably for less than we are paying …. nevermind he shall not be mentioned.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

I saw in the recent Canadian Tire flyer some sweet new Mastercraft bionic knees, $299.99 plus installation.. as for the cloning, latest reports show clones have aggressive tenancies… so Emelin 2 &3 will be a little more heavy hitting then 1… I can deal with that.

• Phil C says:

I agree it would be tough to eat that contract, but what if you built it into the business plan? Instead of spending to the cap of $64M, you spend to $57M? Then the question becomes are you better with Gomez in the line up or not? Right now, I think the answer is the Habs would be better with him in Hamilton until he fixes his game.

• Habfan10912 says:

Good point Phil. Also I understand Gomez’s salary does decrease next year but I am not sure if it has any impact on the cap hit. Hopefully there will be a one time buyout clause in the new CBA. Fingers crossed.

• ABHabsfan says:

Can’t remember who said this but it was not me,”if he is so great in the room, we should leave him there!”
      Anyway if you allow the assumption that the Habs could use the cap savings of putting Gomez in the minors for 2 players that would get the Habs in the playoffs, then the playoff revenue would more than cover the costs of paying an AHL player $5.5 M or whatever his salary is next year. Even from a pure business perspective, this move makes sense. This is a scenario for next year, the bed is made for this season

Topic of Rick Nash, I don’t think Nash will go for nearly the large package some people have indicated. The GM for Columbus has virtually zero track record for winning deals. The Jackets are not dealing from a position of strength, they have the franchise player per se, but given his size of contract, I just get the feeling he will be had for less than expected.

Worst part is I am concerned a GM like Chiarelli or Burke is the one to hoodwink Columbus and get him for something like 1 Top Prospect, 1 1st round Pick and 1-2 current players on roster. I obviously have no inside information, but I know the Columbus owner signed off on big contracts under the mandate of get me playoff revenue. There will be no playoff revenue for the next few years apparantly in Columbus, so the GM must trim that payroll.

Nash, Carter or Wiz any of them must go, eventually the Jacket GM says Yah okay lets do it.

• Habfan10912 says:

Gerald! I was worried about you when I didn’t see you this morning. My first thought about Nash was my own lack of confidence in the Habs GM and PG doing something stupid. The guy that has seemingly stuck us with Kabrele is capable of not so great decisions, no?

Overall I don’t think PG is a bad GM, but I don’t see him being above average either. I think he is mediocre, or an average NHL GM. So short answer, No not capable of great decisions.

Edit: Was far to angry/frustrated after game and this morning to allow myself near this site till this afternoon.

• Habfan10912 says:

Yeah they sucked me back in after the 4 game streak only to tear my friggin heart out again. No more this year. I am done feeling any emotional attachment to this group.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Nash to Van for Schnider, Hodgson, 1st. That makes sense for both teams… and, Clb could “win” the trade long term.

67. HabFanSince72 says:

“I screwed up on the drill,” Gomez said after practice.
    “It happens all the time. Shows you the fire is still there.”

What is he saying exactly?

Screwing up all the time shows he still has the fire? (obviously not).

Ladouceur yelling shows Ladouceur still has the fire? (well, no one ever said otherwise).

Gomez yelling back shows that Gomez still has the fire?

Is that it?

Gomez yelled because he still has the fire?

Like Al Pacino in Heat?

Gimme what you got! Gimme what you got!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

68. Mr_MacDougall says:

Palushaj turned the puck over at least, AT LEAST, half a dozen times while attempting to pass to the point, every time leading to the Habs defending a rush coming back the other way. AK isn’t the most consistent, but I bet if Eller had his choice of #60 & #46 he would choose 46.

69. aemarchand11 says:

I believe in Harvey Dent

70. avatar_58 says:

“The coach also benched Andrei Kostitsyn for what Cunneyworth described as “three shifts, three turnovers that were painfully obvious.”

Yeah because Kaberle never had any of those

71. francbiss says:

Want more ice time Gomez… EARN IT!!! Make me sick to my stomach that Eller is missing out for that overpaid bum. Enough already. Send him to Hamilton.

Hmm, I can’t see this being much of a topic here this afternoon. :)

73. Propwash says:

If it was Subban, it would be headline news.

_____________________________
    Don’t let the wultures getcha.

74. joeybarrie says:

But what if this group is the same group the will make the playoffs?

Your not by chance interested in about 150 Hab Coloured party plates with napkins to match are you? I may have some available.

That would imply trying to build a Cup champion in 2-3 years and maybe miss the play-offs next season as opposed to making the play-offs next season and being middle of the pack for the next 10 years. C’mon man. The Habs don’t build contenders, I mean Tank™.

77. habs_moleman says:

why would you want to trade pleks? I really don’t understand the mentality of trading a guy who has the least consistent linemates yet consistently manages to contribute to all facets of the game: penalty kill, powerplay, faceoffs, and goals. What is there not to like about him? And taking on someone like Doan seems completely against your argument to get younger and build within.

I really don’t think this team needs to blow up to rebuild (i wouldn’t mind the high draft pick tho), there are a lot of young exciting prospects, but blowing up your team and hoping that things fall into place rarely happen. Aside from Chicago and Pittsburgh (where a great deal of luck comes into play), who can you say has had any success with that strategy?

78. The Jackal says:

One high pick and we’ll be contenders next season! It makes perfect sense! But does it really?

79. boing007 says:

Agreed. Keep AK46.

Richard R

80. habitual says:

You’re right, this site never changes.

Another post blaming the coach. Been here long enough that you joined the chorus wanting Carbo and Martin canned?

Or longer still, wanting Vigneault and Julien canned? They can’t coach worth crap.

81. Bripro says:

You forgot Kaberle. Stall made him his b*tch last night, but he wasn’t benched. I don’t get it.

82. habs_moleman says:

i think you missed his sarcasm

83. jmsheehy19 says:

I don’t know why everyone is so up in arms about that play.

It’s a long season. Occasionally, a defender is going to get beat. Also occasionally, one of the best players in the world is going to make someone look silly.

I don’t understand how peole seem to forget there are other guys on the ice playing against our team.

PS, not meant to be an attack on you Bipro, just the subject.

84. mb says:

I’m guessing they’re implying possible options only.

85. habs17 says:

nick kypero’s said there would be 29 other teams more then happy to have him

I support Scott Gomez

86. Da Hema says:

I’m still trying to make sense of the 91 people who think the Canadiens should keep Gomez.

87. mb says:

They thought it was a trick question?

88. habs17 says:

up to 95 now

I support Scott Gomez

89. matt jordan says:

Those are the people obsessed with Fenwick and Corsi numbers who ignore useless statistics like goals, or points.

90. Da Hema says:

I think Kypreos was referring to 29 teams in the South Twaddlefart Recreation Hockey League.

91. Say Ash says:

Interesting. They should play on the same line.

92. naweed235 says:

If Gauthier or the next GM trades DD, the Mtl mob will burn his house down. You simply cannot trade a super affordable Quebecois who gives 110% every night, has amazing vision and play making abilities and has a bit of a scoring touch… regardless of his size. I think we found gem here as far as DD goes … he has put up better numbers in his first 2 yrs than Martin St-louis did…

93. HabFanSince72 says:

The stats geeks think he is lucky or being sheltered by Cole and MaxPac. The size queens only see his height.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

94. Mr_MacDougall says:

DD needs to shoot more in certain situations, he had the game on his stick wide open in the slot twice last night and simply passed it into a crowd rather than shooting. Otherwise, I am interested in watching him play and progress. He could have a VERY high career potential. Maybe a little faceoff work too haha

95. Trisomy 21 says:

Max broke out last season which ended prematurely, surely he was going to have an outstanding season this year. Cole has played like his hair is on fire, I don’t think it’s fair to say either of them are having such a great year because of their centerman.

96. Say Ash says:

Chicken and egg, really. Compare that to AK, who has been thrown with just about everybody on our roster for a number of years, and still provided consistent production.

97. matt jordan says:

Of course MaxPac said DD is the best centreman he’s played with… last year he was on Gomez’s line.

98. Trisomy 21 says:

Hahahaha

99. Stev.R says:

Let them think that. When contract time comes we get him for cheaper.

100. habs17 says:

I support Scott Gomez

101. Lizardking89 says:

He’s also done, finished, kapput, terminado, fini. He signed that contract and hasn’t even come close to living up to it either on the Rangers or here. Has he given any of the money back? Retired? No? Then I have no, absolutely no sympathy for him whatsoever. He’s a massive boulder around this franchise’s neck that hopefully get’s dumped into the St. Lawrence after this season is up.

102. Propwash says:

A smidge overdramaticized, but funny nonetheless.

_____________________________
    Don’t let the wultures getcha.

103. Trisomy 21 says:

I’m with HH on this one, the girl’s gotta suck.

104. habs17 says:

thanks for the advice hh and trisomy much appreciated

I support Scott Gomez

105. Da Hema says:

I need a cigarette now [wipes sweat off brow].

106. Clay says:

Did you miss the satire?

__________________________
    ☞ “Talent is a gift from God, but you only succeed with hard work. Yvan was proof of that.” – Jean Beliveau. ☜

107. Da Hema says:

Uh, you must be new to HIO, yes?

108. Un Canadien errant says:

No, he’s just a one-joke pony. At least now with his avatar it’ll be easier for me to skip his posts.

———————————
    How about it NHL? No fighting, just hockey?