Audio from Canadiens after 4-3 shootout loss

PriceBruins

No video tonight because the idiot HIO blogger left his camera at home.
But lots of audio from the Canadiens, who were disappointed that a pretty solid effort hadn’t yielded two points.
Just try to imagine the faces.

“When we play the Bruins, a lot of emotion comes with it,” said Josh Gorges. “No matter what the standings are, these are always close games.”

AUDIO: Josh Gorges | Randy Cunneyworth | Hal Gill | Tomas Plekanec | Matthew Darche |  | Ryan White | Max Pacioretty

1. knight77 says:

It’s high time that the NHL blew the whistle on the local yokel Montreal fans who are wearing striped shirts. Early in the third period, Frederic L’ecuyer called Boston defenceman Johnny Boychuk for interfering with Max Pacioretty. This wasn’t interference in the old NHL or the new NHL or anywhere else. In fact, Boychuk had timed his take-out of Pacioretty very well. This call was made with the obvious goal of helping L’Ecuyer’s favorite team secure the tying goal. Ecuyer should go, but he should have plenty of company: honest Stefan Auger, Marc Joanette, Real Cormier, and Pierre Racicot, to name a few. In the first period the other night, Racicot didn’t call three successive Montreal offsides. And why do Cormier and Racicot work an inordinate number of Canadiens’ games?

The late Red Storey’s pro Montreal shenanigans – which included yelling “look out Doug” to Doug Harvey as a Chicago player closed in on him from behind – got so bad that the NHL President Clarence Campbell had to can him. Why can’t we get any action now/

2. Roy93 says:

And sorry last thing. How the hell do these former players just keep sticking it to us? Why us? Halak, Pouilet, Koivu, Spacek, Muller? Wtf?

• ooder says:

wouldn’t you want to stick it to a classless organization like this one.
      i mean seirously.. they trade spacek and don’t even tell him to what team… pouliot was benched by JM if he farted to loudly.. then again so was everyone if they wern’t a veteran

——————
      The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

3. Roy93 says:

If it’s not Kaberle beating us it’s Gill. If it’s not Gill it’s Campoli. No need for the other team to show up. We can continue to beat ourselves. Next time there’s a shootout Price should just put a pilon in the net and take a seat on the bench. What’s the bloody difference? I got 2 words for these bunch of losers. It’s GARBAGE and SELL.

So the 2012-2013 season will be 2 decades since montreal won their last cup. Since then not a single year has the team within a sniff of contending for the cup. What is it with this organization?

And it’s not like next season is going to be any better, especially if the ex senators garbage is still here which (judging by Molson’s “i don’t give a f as long as my beer is being sold” attitude) will most likely to be the case.

• momotan69 says:

You have it be one of the bigger underwear stains I have come across on the web. Your never around when they win, but we can sure count on your drivel when they lose. Not happy? Pick a new team. Thats what fairweather fans like you do. As for a sniff, seems they had one a couple years ago. But don’t let that barge in on your pity party.

• savethepuck says:

But the Habs are still the only team in history to go only 1 decade without winning a Stanley Cup. that would be 2000 to 2009, whatever that decade is called.
      Every other franchise has gone several decades, usually 2 or 3 decades in a row. Rangers 4 decades, Leafs 4 decades and counting, Bruins 3 decades, Black Hawks 4 decades, red Wings 3 or 4 decades ( I don’t have the time to go back and check how much they sucked in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s until the mid 90’s etc…etc…There are 30 teams now, it’s a little tougher to win a Cup but no other organization can come close to comparing with the Habs.

“They don’t hang Conference Championship Banners from the rafters here”
      Carey Price

5. I don’t often post, but I do thoroughly enjoy the debate, dialogue, and even the sometimes completely seventh-grade name-calling and stupidity that shows itself—and I’m a teacher.
    However, I do need to register just a minor comment.
    We are, under any circumstances, dealing with the actions of people, real ones at that. I know, from experience the frustrations of dealing with the petty bureaucracy, the seeming arbitrary decisions (that I don’t agree with) that define life. It’s one of the reasons that I (we) watch sports, because on the big screen we see all those little pettiness-es write large…a turnover there…a hit there..a goal, and then a goal against. A post! A Ref! Damn him! In our offices, classrooms, and field work we face those frustrations.
    But I have never, and will never, understand the willingness of “fans” to excoriate, and to, under certain circumstances, cross the moral line.
    Yes, wouldn’t it have been lovely if Price had stopped Seguin. Lovely, no doubt, except for the fact that nos Canadiens have been woeful in actually scoring on the shootout. As you all know, from your classrooms and cubicles, it takes a crowd to tango well and make it fun. Otherwise, we’re just watching two people, and we don’t much care.
    But on the issue of the crowd celebrating the Chara puck to the neck. Suppose he had bled more. Suppose he had bled out. At what point do we acknowledge that our attachment to a sporting event overshadows our ethical understanding of the way life should be, for people? Perhaps it’s a little late for ethics, but it’s troubling.
    Last year, on March 8, I was one of those fans from across the continent, from Seattle, in fact, who witness and was crushed and horrified and angered by what happened to Max.
    The story is his recovery. It is one of the great stories in sports right now.
    His story is diminished by pettiness, by those who cannot remember to separate “sport” from their own lives. Celebrate what we have witnessed. Do not wish the end of a career on someone else.
    Unless you’re willing to tolerate, and call just, the wish of the dude or dudette down the hall, who’s really hoping that you’re going to have a heart-attack soon, because you’re such a pain in the ass to deal with.

Although, you might not be that important. A pain all its own.

• Timo says:

Like you said “dealing with actions of real people”… well, we are real people too and so our actions are not scripted out or rehearsed.

Tomorrow I will not care as much about the game as I do now, but now my blood is boiling and the single luxury I have as otherwise powerless fan is to yell and name call and wish bad things to hcokey players I don’t like. At least my actions do not affect them while they cause me grief and frustration for at least couple of hours 3-4 times a week.

• Yeah…well, the way we react when faced with “fantasy” does connect with our realities. I don’t really give a rat’s ass who criticizes who…as long as there is some touch with the fact that we’re dealing with people. And that’s it. Price get’s traded to Columbus for Nash. We’re dealing with real people. And the howling would begin. But who cares. Both folks are still employed.
        But folks wishing serious bodily harm to…anyone…need to look in the mirror.
        I guarantee there is someone in your circle who really wishes you’d take a long holiday. Some garbled golden rule, here, but it’s kinda true.

• G-Man says:

Considering the player the puck hit in the net, it appears you and Gooins fans care. The ape broke Pac’s neck. I would celebrate if Chara’s career ended tomorrow; it couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

6. ooder says:

campoli and kaberle are the 2 worst d-men the habs have had since….?
    fill in the blank because i can’t.. seriously was Souray even this bad.. komisarek post lucic?
    ——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

7. montreal ace says:

Team that needs the win the most, has the pressure on them in the shootout. There is a big difference when you can relax when shooting and know that your season will continue. I enjoyed the effort the team put out tonight

How I wish something bad happened to Pierre Gauthier.

9. ooder says:

at least under cunneyworth we are actually watching hockey..i almost forgot what the looked like with JM.
    same players.. completely different attitude.
    with JM it was the msot boring protect the lead even when you don’t have it type hockey
    this is actually entertaining
    ——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

10. habs17 says:

nothing better then playoff hockey, longer warmer days and playoff hockey, bell center rocking, intense hockey, oh well maybe 2020

I support Scott Gomez

11. habs17 says:

3-2 leafs 8 points out were done

I support Scott Gomez

12. SKHab says:

What is the rule about having a jersey tied down if you get into a fight? For example McQuaid?

13. C-Sword says:

So Eller was benched after being penalized for high sticking. Seriously? Is this how you develop your young players? They get benched and scratched for every mistake they make. Why the hell wasn’t Gill benched for his horrible play that led to the 1st goal by the Bruins? I bet he won’t even be scratched for a single game this season, the guy is totally worthless 5 on 5.

14. ooder says:

didn’t see the game but great effort by the team.
    price seemed to play well except the bergeron goal.. wtf was that softy?
    also somebody needs to take our marchands knees.. disgusting human being
    campoli is a tragedy on ice…
    ——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

15. habs17 says:

yep i could care less for chara getting hit by the puck and if that’s classes’ then i dont want to be classy

I support Scott Gomez

16. gp52 says:

Where is Paul Mara when we need him.

I bet Gauthier is flying everywhere trying to find the elusive PauL Mara.

17. Bripro says:

So is that Salo-type hit by the rat worth a review?

18. bellcentre hotdog says:

Loved the physical edge in the Habs’ game tonight.

One thing is becoming very clear:

Erik Cole should be wearing the C.

19. habs17 says:

so why do we not go for the win in OT put 3 fowards on their cole pacs, D.D and 1 defencman go for the win we suck at SO

I support Scott Gomez

20. Laramy87 says:

According to Louis Jean, Marchand was quoted saying the crowd was classless for the crowd cheering when Chara took a puck in the face.

Well submarining a guy with no time left in the period isnt? Marchand should not talk, the guy is a dirt bag

21. ProHabs says:

I didn’t see the game tonight but after reading Boone’s blog tonight, I see Chara got a puck in the face. What is Boone’s problem dumping on the Habs fans over this. Does Boone not remember that Chara tried to murder a 23 year old kid last year. What did he expect the fans to do, give Chara a standing ovation. If Boone is a Bruins fan, he should go join Jack Edwards over at NESN.

22. Laramy87 says:

I dont understand all the hate for Kaberle. The guy is a puck moving defenceman and creates offence. He makes one mistake and everyone blasts him (i will admit the 3rd goal agaisnt Hurricanes was his fault). However, when Gorges and Emelin make mistakes no one jumps all over them.

Kabs has like 14 pts in 22 games since being traded to montreal, thats not bad for a defencman. Like it or not, he is here and not going anywhere.

Before I say what I have to say I have to give hats off to Cole. I rarely respect hockey players but he has my 100% support. That being said this is a one effing line team. 3 forwards and 3 defensemen and that’s effing it. No hockey team can win when only 6 guys on the team contribute. I am so sick of all that admiration for Eller. Where is he when team needs that extra goal? Where is Pleks? Cole line needs a relief. But none is or will be coming.

Cunnyworth is a brain dead retard. After Cole turn Thomas inside out on the third goal where was he in a shootout? Bourque and Pacs have what… 10% record in shootout this year? F! Go with a effing players that have some creativity in their game. As much as RC hates AK he is a better shootout bet than Pacs. Try Leblanc – goalies don’t know him. Eller, the next one, that 4 goal game will be his stanley cup for the rest of his career. Useless.

Now Price. I have steered away from any kind of goalie debate since… well, always. But now I am ready to state that Habs will not win or go anywhere far with Carey Price. The guys is talented and a good goalie. But he is not a clutch goalie. He does not win when it counts the most. He doesn’t perform in the biggest games.

But then again… hard to blame a goalie who plays behind Kaberle, campoli and Gill.

Man, this last two games have been beyond frustrating. I hate all that ex senators garbage that is ruining the franchise. I hate Molson for allowing this freak show to continue.

The core of these team will never have an appropriate support cast to help take some pressure off until a-la detroit smart hockey people take over, rather than beer makers and vegans.

But once again – hats off to Eric Cole.

• habs17 says:

completley agree what was cunneyworth thinking, i think this was his worst coached game this year

I support Scott Gomez

• db says:

Kaberle plays with a smaller stick than DD. Much smaller. He can’t even take a damn slap shot, just a weak wrister.. every time! He always backs up and never challenges the shooter. Any opponent coming in on him will get a shot on net, since the won’t be poke checked nor bodied off the puck.

I didn’t have much of an opinion until tonight. I was at the game and couldn’t believe he was getting more PP ice than Emelin. Ya ya he has points… but damn that 4.5 mil would look good elsewhere for the next 2 seasons.

Terrible reffing tonight but it’s kinda expected… it’s the NHL.. almost too fast to have refs on the ice anymore.

Marchand is a rat that low bridges someone at least once a game.

Why not just roll 4 lines at this time of year. We aren’t going anywhere with just 1 line & Darche (lol).

The Belle Centre was pretty lame tonight until the third… passion lacking on all fronts it seemed.

• chilli says:

It’s too bad we are getting one helluva season (and a healthy one) out of Cole but will have nothing to show for it. I tip my hat to that man – considering after the fist two weeks I thought he was the worst player I had ever seen.

But this points are useless right now. Teams will not move much from here on in. This points for us will give us an 10th pick as opposed to a top 4 or 5.

That Boston team is a tough team to play. Darche played great tonight – never thought I’d say that.

Tre

• habsguy says:

how would you feel if they scored 2 in the shootout and won ???
      It`s hard to win effing shootout when you dont score!!!!!!!

• Sportfan says:

I totally agree with you we have a hand full of guys who have played every game this year and tried there best with the rest being on and off. I’d really with they would fire Gauthier cause this is pathetic

• habsperspective says:

Nice to see some emotion. And logic. A rare combination.

Ya and RC, for JM, was as usual, an illusion. Martin wasnt the problem, and Cunny, certainly isnt the fix.

Price is no clutch goaltender, absolutely. +++

And regardless of what I think of Gomer, Plax, and Kost personally. There talent is undeniable, and if I worked for a completely clueless GM, I wouldnt put half my effort forward either.

Schmuck run organization. Country friggin club. Product is always going to be secondary to profit.

Ill add one asterisk, maybe you can put Price in the really not caring category as other floaters. But thats all the slack ill even slighly consider. Proper development and a good culture might change all that.

• Bill says:

It’s not a one-line team, it’s a two-and-a-half men line team.

Price is kind of sieve-like at times, but I will not judge him until he has a decent team to play in front of him.

Full Breezer 4 Life

24. Laramy87 says:

Oil tied it at 2….. Lets Go Oil

25. habs12 says:

I don’t get how you can put Eller out there as the third shooter. RC benches him and plays him 5:48, then decides to put him in the shootout? If your preaching accountability, don’t put him in the shootout. It just bothers me when a guy like Cole who plays so passionately every night is not out there when the game is on the line, especially after the goal he scored tonight and the goal he scored last game against carolina.

• Laramy87 says:

RC knows better than anyone else here about who to put in a shootout. He is the one who is there in pratices and sees who does well.

Although Eller was on the bench for the majority of the game, being cold doesnt really affect your ability to take a 1 on 1 shooutout. Eller has perhaps the best hands on the team and scored last week on Fleury. He tried the same move, but Thomas got a blocker on it… I love Cole and his passion, but perhaps his shootout ability is not that good.

• Timo says:

RC is a moron. Brain dead unqualified moron.

• ProHabs says:

At least he shows some fire behind the bench. JM would have shook his head side to side twice, written something in his pad and then moved on. RC is intense, I wish he could suit up and play.

In other news, Ben Eager beat the crap out of Brown for the Leafs.

26. RiverviewCanadien says:

I am still fuming over the bush league reffing tonight. AK46 gets an interference call, but PK lays a hit, then Campbell? hits PK when the puck is on the other side of the ice! NO (frankin) call!

Emelin gets hit late by Thornton, ’cause he is a baby from an earlier clean hit (which Shawn could not do against Emelin), no call.

Why the #%@$ aren’t more refs fired for (frank) sake! They are the reason the Habs lost. The Habs played a great game, but were F’d over by the F’n refs!

Loved how right after the hit by Thornton, Emelin says “I got my eyes on you”. What a gem he is.

F’n refs, F’n Bettman, F’n Jeremy Jacobs and F’n Bruins!

FACK the NHL!

• ProHabs says:

Who were the refs tongiht.

• NCRhabsfan says:

You need to understand that Canadian teams don’t sell TV time in the US. Mr Bettman is all about American teams winning, at any cost. He fixed games in the NBA for business reasons, why would you expect him not to fix games in the NHL? It is what it is.

Secondly, Mr Bettman is doing nothing about the horrible standard of refereeing in the NHL because it doesn’t suit his purposes. Yes, officiating in the NHL is the worst of any professional sport anywhere. But calling the game by the rules wouldn’t result in serious injuries and fights, and that’s what Mr Bettman thinks will sell hockey in the deep south. I’m sure he says a little prayer that someone will be killed every night – because that will really resonate in the deep south. It is all about TV revenues and business. Anybody that thinks the sanctity of the game ever factors into NHL decisions is smoking rope.

• bellcentre hotdog says:

Bang on.

Officiating very questionable. No interference calls on the hits on Emelin and PK … yet a marginal call on AK.

27. habs17 says:

2-2

I support Scott Gomez

28. twilighthours says:

This team would be a lot better if it didn’t have to give minutes to campoli, kaberle, and (sadly) gill.

29. habs17 says:

how predictible was that game when it got to the shootout. got to go for it in OT

I support Scott Gomez

30. The Jackal says:

I must apologize to the Tank supporters. I’ve been very sarcastic and dismissive, mostly because I like to play devil’s advocate, and because I hate the idea of the team losing on purpose. You guys all have valid points, and a high pick would be a great thing for this team. I still enjoy watching games and hoping for wins, so I’m ambiguous on how the season goes, as I see the good of whatever happens. However, this team is missing some key pieces before it is a real contender, and a high draft pick may be something that goes a long way in helping out the team. So…. you guys are not crazy – we are all crazy habs fans, and I know in the Tank you find the best for the team, and I respect that. I was hoping we’d win tonight, I still think we can make the playoffs – 75% pt. percentage in the last 6 games (4-1-1), which is on pace… so you never know, and as they say, once you’re in you never know. But it is a lot easier to get to the promised land if you have the right players, and so far we are missing a couple.

• habs17 says:

well your apology is accepted from a tank supporter

I support Scott Gomez

• twilighthours says:

We never wanted the team to lose on purpose. But welcome aboard. It’s not so bad here

• jo_maka says:

Apology accepted.

Although, I feel the need to point out that it’s that ”you never know” factor that I wanna do away with. I want my- sorry- our boys to be top contenders on the regular. That can’t happen with a truckload of hope alone that we never know. A high pick is a good way to start. It won’t take us as long as Edmonton to get there.

_________________________________
      Open-mindedness is not a skull fracture

• Timo says:

The key piece that this team is missing is a smart General Manager who will in turn hire a smart coach. The rest will follow.

• NCRhabsfan says:

Could we stop calling it “tank”? I think people have trouble with the notion of a team losing on purpose. I think the Habs should play their hearts out and try and win every night. I also think that strategically it makes sense to deal all of the UFAs and some of the other veterans to try and get prospects and draft picks to help the team become more competitive in the long term.

Will that result in a bunch of kids finishing the season in Montreal. Yes. Will they likely lose more games with a bunch of youngsters? Probably. But since it is in the long term good and it is marked by a bunch of guys working their tails off to secure a future in the NHL, that seems fair. I don’t think it is tanking though; it’s doing the best you can with the guys you have at a particular moment. And that is all any team does on any given night.

31. matt jordan says:

Ryan White was so effective, i thought the same, he’s making Gomez and Kostitsyn look good, no easy feat.

32. bellcentre hotdog says:

Despite White’s spirited play, I thought Gomez was invisible.

The 7 million dollar Bell Centre ghost.

We are still tanking though, right? I resisted at first but I totally bought into the Tank, HH. I am with it.