Audio: Fallout on Kostopoulos suspension

Tom Kostopoulos met the media after today’s practice to discuss his suspension and reiterated his remorse for having injured Toronto’s Mike Van Ryn with a check into the boards in Toronto on Saturday. Audio from the dressing room (Carbo courtesy of Andie Bennett from The Team 990):

• Head coach Guy Carbonneau on the suspension;
• Carbonneau on Kostopoulos’s’ hit;

1. Nahlsy says:

Let’s see how many games Brown in LA gets after his horrific cheap shot on Ribeiro near the end of the Stars/Kings game tonight. (My guess… knowing Colon Campbell… 0, just like Colon’s IQ)

2. nightmare_49 says:

You Gotta Checkout Sundin’s Pad he just Sold for 5.7 million .. by James Mirtle/From The Rink ….. …………….. Oilers Claim Jesse Boulerice Off Waivers from Colorado – Steve MacIntyre placed on IR after Tilt with Godard .. Press Release ….. ………………………………………… The NHL’s Premiere Pest, Sean Avery, Treats his Teammates Like Dirt as Well .. NHL FanHouse …..

3. Hoegarden says:

Excellent read once again Robert !

4. Ian G Cobb says:

I thought the hit on Andre K. was more intensional, but the game was in Toronto. Both hits were wrong and stupid, but like DD said, double standard.

5. DD says:

Can you spell ‘Double Standard’

6. Sakus Evil Twin says:

Well said…

While it’s easy to defend our own players… that’s a key observation… especially as you say, TK’s gloves were on and his hands down when he was attacked.

Tom isn’t Chris Simon – he’s not a dirty player and it’s a shame that this incident will brand him so.

“I like women and I like cake ” – HIO Summit 2008

7. Gr8stFranchizEvr says:

Very good observation. I remember the Souray/Koivu scenario. But, I don’t expect much from too many NHL refs these days. Their consistency is inconsistency…

8. showey47 says:

I’m surprised this never came up but does anyone think coliacovo should of recieved a 2 min/5 for instigating? I don’t blame him for standing up for his team mates but he did attack t.k. afterwards. Remember when souray jumped armstrong when he drove koivu? We ended up with a captain who had his bell rung,being shorthanded for 7 minutes and no souray for the rest of the game. The sad part was the replayed showed armstrong dropping his gloves first. Carlo clearly attacked while tk’s arms were down. But i doubt the home town boys fraser/mccreary wanted to leave the leafs down to 4 dmen for 2 and a half periods.