Audio: Ending home-ice skid will force Game 7

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Travis Moen

The Canadiens’ terrific 2-1 victory over the Washington Capitals last night at the Verizon Centre brings the Eastern Conference quarterfinal back to Montreal for Game 6 on Monday.

If a seventh game is necessary, it will be in Washington on Wednesday. And to force that, the Habs must end a home-ice playoff losing streak that now stands at six games.

Ailing defenceman Jaroslav Spacek, who’s missed the last two games with a virus, skated on his own. He was the only player to skate, save goalie Carey Price who went out alone as a forward to take shots, with the day devoted to an off-ice workout and a little mental downshifting.

The Canadiens return to full practice tomorrow morning in Brossard.

1. topher5468 says:

Just wanted to say How proud of the effort Les Boys gave last night. Im so excited for a game 6 in front of the best fans in the NHL. I know we have struggled at home but i think that will play in our favor. All things end eventually and so will this home playoff losing streak. I was extremely hard on Jaro for his medicore play down the stretch and in games 2 and 3 but after last nights performance he showed me he can be a big game performer and I appreciate his outstanding effort. a guy like Benny Pouliot needs to piggyback off that performance to elevate his game to match those of Jaro, Gianta, Cammy Gill Burner and Gorges.  By all rights this could be a 3-2 advantage for us, its not, but I still believe and will continue to believe until I have reason to not believe. Oh by the way, I have also been hard on Gill all saeson long but he has also earned my respect by showing a lot of grit and tenacity this playoffs, he truely is a veteran

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

2. Clay4bc says:

Price has won everywhere he’s been…except in the NHL.

Not his fault though, Tom. Gainey is to blame, and we all know it. Price needed AHL time. At least one season, and maybe 2. Being a back-up can only help his development.

At the risk of offending you by not answering any reply, I’m going to sleep – it’s 20 past one AM here in Shanghai. Have a wonderful day!

_________________

Don’t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

3. TomNickle says:

My opinion is open for debate.  Just wondering when the last time you heard the crowd chant Jaro was?  I’ve watched or listened to every game the team has played this season, I’ve only heard it once.  I guess your hearing is better than mine.

And by the way, when you aren’t expected to win and had the shaky performance that Jaro had in game 2, there’s really not much worse that can happen.  So yeah, no pressure.

Ever been there?  Have you ever played as an underdog?

With Jacques Martin at the helm, we are doomed to be a good team instead of a great one.

4. Clay4bc says:

LOL…no pressure in an elimination game…sure.

_________________

5. TomNickle says:

Price has won everywhere he’s been.  So I guess he doesn’t really need to be taught how to do that.

6. Chuck says:

And don’t forget his rebound control. It’s uncanny, his ability to kick shots right out into the slot.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.