Audio: Eller gets shot with a top line

Lars Eller (left) will play Friday night with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta.

• AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Carey Price 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Brian Gionta | Lars Eller

Thanks to Robert Laflamme of Presse Canadienne for providing the Price audio

Newcomer Lars Eller will find himself on the left wing on a line with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta tomorrow night as the Canadiens entertain the Ottawa Senators at the Bell Centre.

Eller usually plays centre but he said today he’s comfortable on the wing and he’ll play wherever the organization wants him to play as long as he has a spot on the team.

Benoit Pouliot played with Gomez and Gionta for a good portion of last season and he’s under some heat to step up his game. He was one of the Canadiens’ better forwards in a 4-2 loss to Boston last night.

The lineup tomorrow features the players who didn’t dress last night.
The other lines should look like this: Andrei Kostitsyn-Dustin
Boyd-Mathieu Darche; James Wyman-Andreas Engqvist-Dany Masse; Ryan
White-David Desharnais-Max Pacioretty.

Alex Henry and P.K. Subban
will be paired on defence and Alexandre Picard will play with Ryan
O’Byrne. We’ll also see two of the following four: Marc-Antoine
Desnoyers, Kyle Klubertanz, Mathieu Carle and Brendan Nash.

Auld will start in goal and play 30 minutes. Coach Jacques Martin
declined to say which goalie will finish the game but he said he won’t
go back to Carey Price, whose next appearance will be Saturday in
Ottawa. Martin will decide between Robert Mayer and Peter Delmas.

1. avatar_58 says:

Don’t tell ME to relax, I’m one of the “leave Carey price alone!!!” guys 😉

Also let’s see more of Subban, every pre-season game please. SUBBAN. 😀 And not just because he’s my man-crush player. Haha

2. TheDagger says:

Well if you don’t know anything about movies and think that it’s easy to be a lead actor then boo your ass off. But you know a thing or two about movies and have a shred of respect and dignity you won’t act like you’re missing a few chromosomes.

3. Mark C says:

I hear ya, but this is how teams handle preseason. Those players will get into other games until they are cut.

4. Curtoph says:

Well if you like it are you allowed to start cheering and singing OLEEE OLEE OLEE?

5. GrimJim says:

I’m thinking of getting t-shirts made; on the front will be the HIO logo and on the back instead of a name plate it will say “Relax, it’s preseason”

6. mike g says:

Well then..

Glad I was able to bring back some memories!

And I too can recall a few times where the movies got quite rowdy.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

7. observer says:

Please excuse the caps.

8. Mark C says:

Henry has been, he gave us the ultimate Jack Edwards-is-a-huge-flaming-douchebag moment.

Yes, Shawn Thornton and his goal scoring resume, all 15 goals in 290 games, hell of a resume. Hope he has a good cover letter.

9. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Lol…good point, although I am sure many here will not agree with the analogy.

However, people do get carried away at the movies sometimes. I’m reminded of an anecdote I heard about in which some woman, during the movie Hancock actually yelled “Look out Will Smith!” when his character was being attacked onscreen. Totally random and unrelated to this situation, but funny nonetheless and your post made me think of it.

10. avatar_58 says:

I’m aware, I just would rather see multiple games of Leblanc, Palushaj and etc than see career AHL’ers. No disrespect to Henry, but comon.

11. mike g says:

So tonight I’m going to the movies…

Takin my gf, so that’s two people incase some can’t count. So it will cost me 20$ for the tickets, and probably another 20$ for an extra small drink and a tiny bag of M&M’s….$40 in total.

Now if I go see “Inception”, and I think that Leo Dicaprio isn’t doing a great job of acting in the movie, do I have the right to yell, boo and scream for 2 hours?

I mean, I’ll have paid good money to go watch this movie, and the guy is making millions and millions of dollars. So if I’m not happy about the way he’s performing in the film, I can boo right?

Please clarify this for me, because I don’t want to look like a bafoon in public.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

12. observer says:

he’s been treated exactly the way he deserved to be treated by the way he has played since jan.1, 2009 – 20 wins out of his last 68 games for a guy who all hoped would be a STAR. these very same fans once voted him to the all-star team.

13. habs_1993 says:

So, tomorrows game is being shown on tv right? On RIS?

14. Mark C says:

Relax, its preseason. Montreal has 5 games in 6 nights coming up, everyone will play. All players need the work, however all players need not be overworked on the same hand.

Don’t know what to tell you but, Henry, Darche, Sanford, and Wyman have all played NHL regular season games with Montreal within the past two seasons, so I guess they are considered to be on the depth chart.

15. Bryan says:

Wyman got called up last year for a brief stint, so obviously the organization sees something in him.

Henry’s been called up before, and was quite decent if I remember correctly.  It never hurts to give your depth players experience in the big games.

Although I’m also pretty disappointed that Avtsin and Schultz haven’t played yet.

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

16. showey47 says:
    this should cover it. I will be expecting my hug at the summit,lol
    36- Alexander Avtsin
    87- Nicholas Champion
    84- Peter Delmas
    65- Robert Mayer
    31- Carey Price
    30- Curtis Sanford
  17. SeriousFan09 says:

Leblanc at 205, Tinordi at 230 will be very good players. You could see Pouliot able to keep his feet better tonight because he added 12 pounds over the summer. Max-Pac, I’d like to see how he works with those 12 extra pounds as well.

#1 reason rookies hit the wall in the NHL is they meet NHL bodies and they’re still children.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

18. Chuck says:

That quote gives me a vision of him ragdolling some big-mouthed, smartass drunk on Crescent Street.

19. SeriousFan09 says:

Henry and Subban have played together in Hamilton, JM’s taking advantage of some old chemistry to make sure his D has some okay footing for the game.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

20. TomNickle says:

Hard to keep Henry as a captain and have 20 year olds respect him in Hamilton if he doesn’t even get a fair shake in pre-season.

21. avatar_58 says:

Uhhh…why are guys like Henry playing pre-season? I mean come on, it’s not like he’d ever be called up. Play the guys you know will compete. I see no reason to be “testing” Darche, Sanford, Conboy, etc when I’m sorry but they will never be the ones counted on to add something to this team.

I mean where’s Avtsin? Wyman?? Is he even considered on the depth chart at all?

Silly silly moves. Stick with the rookies and AHL’ers who have a chance to make the team please. Just my two cents.

22. Rugger says:

There was a lot of bumping into each other last night that will be better once lines settle down.

23. TomNickle says:

As far as non-regulars who impressed go…..Leblanc, even though you can’t judge a player by one night’s work, looked to be by far the most ready for the NHL… far.

24. mike g says:

Guys who showed the most promise last night:

Leblanc, Palu, and Tinordi (in no particular order)

But, they all lack one thing: NHL weight.

In a year or two, they should have a few extra pounds that will help them play with the men. Last night they looked like lightweights. But they’re young kids, not even 20 yet.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

25. TomNickle says:

I made a comment last night in the first period that I loved the way he was playing.  He drove the net well and was strong on the puck and on the walls.

He did have too many mental lapses with the puck when he had options though.  Very likely just a confidence issue.

26. SeriousFan09 says:

Palushaj had a good night as a rookie I found, seemed to keep up with the pace and while he gave up turnovers, he seemed willing to pay the price when he should have to in a game. Only guys out there who really looked like he was in full form IMO was Pleky and Laps, everyone else was shaking off rust.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

27. SeriousFan09 says:

I like it, taking a nice jab at the jerks who get off on the anonymity of booing from the cheap seats.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

28. TomNickle says:

Yeah, I just had the wrong guy…… was Palushaj, don’t know how the hell I missed that.

29. TomNickle says:

Oh my god.  My apologies……..if I could spell dislexsia I would label my self a victim of the disease immediately.

Palushaj committed the turnovers, not Desharnais.

30. fbkj says:

price has never been outspoken about how unfairly he has been treated by some of the fans

id say good on him

31. Say Ash says:

Ah, thanks, Tom! I finally figured it out! They put AK out there for the kids to learn what not to do.

32. SeriousFan09 says:

Tom, Desharnais didn’t play last night, you got someone else on your mind?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

33. TomNickle says:

And how did you feel about the three turnovers he committed at the Bruins blueline last night instead of dumping the puck into their end or simply chipping the puck by the defenseman at the blueline?

I think he’s a good player too but those plays don’t fly with the coach especially considering he already has Andrei Kostitsyn doing it on a regular basis.

34. Danno says:

Is this a smart PR move? Wouldn’t the silent and stoic approach be better?

“Nobody’s ever come up to me and said, ‘You suck’ to my face. I don’t
    think anybody would ever do that. It’s just that when you get in a
    crowd, people are a lot more brave.”

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

35. 123456 says:

i do not know this harani character – do i want a hug form you??

i’m guessing leblanc since most others are already taken that i wuld have guessed

secret mod

36. Kappy says:

Cool, thanks man.  I will look for it, even though I am on some low budget cable service out here in the

stiks.  It would be nice to catch the game because I am starting my weekend tomorrow and wouldn’t mind

having a couple or twelve beers.

37. Storm Man says:

The media is trying to make a scandal out of something? How dare they do that…… It is his contract year and that had alot to do with him jacking 50 out of the park this year.

38. ZepFan2 says:

Carey Price

– Steven Tyler

39. SeriousFan09 says:

Desharnais will need to improve his skating first, it’s average for an NHLer and at his size, he’s got to move like Gio or Cammy when he plays to survive.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

40. Kooch7800 says:

If he was on another farm team he might make it. With the habs already being small I don’t think he will get his day to shine.  Too bad cause he has earned it.  His skating needs to be improved though for the NHL level.

41. Kooch7800 says:

Other than the top line that is going to be pretty weak offense. Looking forward to seeing Eller, Subban, pacc’s and deharnais

42. GrimJim says:

You said it was a huge poster

43. ManApart says:

The best player on that team outside of Gio and Gomer is Desharnais IMO. Too bad that guy is another small center, because he’s got NHL talent.

44. pic1983 says:

HUGE accomplishment, and extremely unfair that certain people in the media are trying to make a steroid scandal out of it.

45. pic1983 says:

Thanks for the link. Good read.

46. Chuck says:

I’m on Rogers, and get RIS as part of the package that gets me RDS.

It’s not an ideal way to watch a game, but the audio feed from CJAD with intermittent video from RIS will get me by.

47. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Any truth to the rumour Carey built the athletes’ village in Delhi over the summer?

Just askin’  – if fans want to blame the kid for everything we could start there!

48. mbplekfan says:

Game 2 of the ex, no big deal unless you are Endqvist, Eller, MaxPac or White.

All the others are pretty well set in where they will be in two weeks.

These four have to show well and with the exception of Eller try to get a few more games in before cuts.

49. Bugs says:

Yes. I’ve seen enough out’ve PK. He’s convinced me. Therefore off-radar.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory:

50. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Even PK off the radar?

51. Bugs says:

I wanna see Ellie; I wanna see Dezzy; and I wanna see da Pac-Man. Everyone else is off-radar, far as I’m concerned.

Yesterday, I wanted to see Paloosh, Louie, and the Torrid Jabrone. (actually kinda pissed Plecky and Lappy stole the show) Everyone else was off radar.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

52. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

53. Bill J says:

The next 3 games will be broadcast on “RIS” as part of their show called “NHL sur le vif” its the hockey game with frequent interuptions, but hey – it’s something.

Those who get RDS via Bell get RIS (Channel 124 if I am not mistaken)

Unsure if Rogers/Shaw customers get RIS though.

54. Mark C says:

I’m sure Molson is willing to take a $500K hit if it means improving the big club. It’s only $300K more than the team paid Darche to play in the AHL last year.

55. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

They need a player like Darche who will sit in the press box for most of the year without complaining, the prospects need to get their playing time in Hamilton.

56. Traf27 says:

I personally would put Desharnais between Max-Pac and Kostitsyn with Boyd centering the 3rd line and I agree on the lack of Shultz. I had heard good things abut him from training camp.

The struggles of today will make the victories of tomorrow that much sweeter.

57. Kappy says:

Ya, me too.  I wanted to see Avtsin as well.  In actuallity I won’t be able to “see” the game at all because

RDS is not broadcasting the next 3 games.  I still can’t figure that out.  I bet last nights broadcast of the

game was the best ratings they have had since the playoffs.

58. mbplekfan says:

He still has a one way contract paying him $500k. Molson still has to pay that out.

59. Kappy says:

That is awesome.  He is one of only 26 or 27 players ever to hit 50.  I guess that is one bright spot for the

Jays.  I actually think they might be contenders in a few years with all the young talent they got coming up.

That’s if the Yankee’s don’t take all the good one’s.  They need to talk to the Twins management about how

to stay competative on a budget.

60. BJ says:

Interesting line combos tomorrow. It’ll be nice to see the other half of the team:

61. Corio says:

Ya what happened to Shultz?  Was hoping to see him.. odd.

62. TheDagger says:

63. Mark C says:

How bad does that Darche contract look now?

Just put him on waivers and he comes off the NHL cap.

64. mbplekfan says:

After years of struggling with no prospects coming up through the ranks and little ability to sign free agents this team finally has competition for spots on the team.

Scorers: Cammaleri, Kostitsyn, Gionta, Pouliot, Eller, Pleks, Gomez

All arounds: Boyd, Moen, Lapierre, Halpern, Palushaj, Pyatt, White, Endqvist, Darche, MaxPac

If you let your guard down you might lose your spot.

If Palushaj and Endqvist can handle the NHL on a nightly basis we may see some trades by Xmas.

How bad does that Darche contract look now?

65. RGM says:

Not hockey, but how about Bautista hitting #50 today!

66. Bugs says:

Nice one, Cur…

Hey, where are you?

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

67. Curtoph says:

Jaro Halak!

*runs and hides*

68. habs03 says:

First, you guys are gonna love Eller tomorrow, followed him a lot from around the time since the Palushaj trade, you guys are going to be impressed, but I have mixed feelings on him playing LW, I want to see him do well tomorrow, but I much rather have him play C!!

69. Harani says:

I was walking to my bus stop (in Brossard) and noticed a new poster on it. It was fairly huge and featured a Habs player. And “Nous Sommes Canadiens” And I want you to guess who was the featured superstar? Guess away! The person who guesses it right gets a big hug from Harani.

“It must be love!”

70. Bugs says:

A hug from Harani?!

In that case, I’m gonna say the superstar on the poster was you, Harani.

Was it you? Am I close?

Either way, just for sayin that, I should get the hug anyway.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits