Audio: Eller gets shot with a top line

Lars Eller (left) will play Friday night with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta.

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Carey Price 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Brian Gionta | Lars Eller

Thanks to Robert Laflamme of Presse Canadienne for providing the Price audio

Newcomer Lars Eller will find himself on the left wing on a line with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta tomorrow night as the Canadiens entertain the Ottawa Senators at the Bell Centre.

Eller usually plays centre but he said today he’s comfortable on the wing and he’ll play wherever the organization wants him to play as long as he has a spot on the team.

Benoit Pouliot played with Gomez and Gionta for a good portion of last season and he’s under some heat to step up his game. He was one of the Canadiens’ better forwards in a 4-2 loss to Boston last night.

The lineup tomorrow features the players who didn’t dress last night.
The other lines should look like this: Andrei Kostitsyn-Dustin
Boyd-Mathieu Darche; James Wyman-Andreas Engqvist-Dany Masse; Ryan
White-David Desharnais-Max Pacioretty.

Alex Henry and P.K. Subban
will be paired on defence and Alexandre Picard will play with Ryan
O’Byrne. We’ll also see two of the following four: Marc-Antoine
Desnoyers, Kyle Klubertanz, Mathieu Carle and Brendan Nash.

Alex
Auld will start in goal and play 30 minutes. Coach Jacques Martin
declined to say which goalie will finish the game but he said he won’t
go back to Carey Price, whose next appearance will be Saturday in
Ottawa. Martin will decide between Robert Mayer and Peter Delmas.

1. TheDagger says:

Well if you don’t know anything about movies and think that it’s easy to be a lead actor then boo your ass off. But you know a thing or two about movies and have a shred of respect and dignity you won’t act like you’re missing a few chromosomes.

2. Mark C says:

I hear ya, but this is how teams handle preseason. Those players will get into other games until they are cut.

3. Curtoph says:

Well if you like it are you allowed to start cheering and singing OLEEE OLEE OLEE?

4. GrimJim says:

I’m thinking of getting t-shirts made; on the front will be the HIO logo and on the back instead of a name plate it will say “Relax, it’s preseason”

5. mike g says:

Well then..

Glad I was able to bring back some memories!

And I too can recall a few times where the movies got quite rowdy.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

6. observer says:

AND THEY WERE TRYING TO TRADE HIM AT THE END OF JULY AND STILL ARE CONTEMPLATING DOING IT THIS WINTER AS YANKEES BUY AND REPLENISH THEIR ALREADY ALL-STAR TEAM – GRANDERSON, THAMES, BERKMAN, ETC.

Please excuse the caps.

7. Mark C says:

Henry has been, he gave us the ultimate Jack Edwards-is-a-huge-flaming-douchebag moment.

Yes, Shawn Thornton and his goal scoring resume, all 15 goals in 290 games, hell of a resume. Hope he has a good cover letter.

8. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

Lol…good point, although I am sure many here will not agree with the analogy.

However, people do get carried away at the movies sometimes. I’m reminded of an anecdote I heard about in which some woman, during the movie Hancock actually yelled “Look out Will Smith!” when his character was being attacked onscreen. Totally random and unrelated to this situation, but funny nonetheless and your post made me think of it.

9. avatar_58 says:

I’m aware, I just would rather see multiple games of Leblanc, Palushaj and etc than see career AHL’ers. No disrespect to Henry, but comon.

10. mike g says:

So tonight I’m going to the movies…

Takin my gf, so that’s two people incase some can’t count. So it will cost me 20$ for the tickets, and probably another 20$ for an extra small drink and a tiny bag of M&M’s….$40 in total.

Now if I go see “Inception”, and I think that Leo Dicaprio isn’t doing a great job of acting in the movie, do I have the right to yell, boo and scream for 2 hours?

I mean, I’ll have paid good money to go watch this movie, and the guy is making millions and millions of dollars. So if I’m not happy about the way he’s performing in the film, I can boo right?

Please clarify this for me, because I don’t want to look like a bafoon in public.

Thanks..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

11. observer says:

he’s been treated exactly the way he deserved to be treated by the way he has played since jan.1, 2009 – 20 wins out of his last 68 games for a guy who all hoped would be a STAR. these very same fans once voted him to the all-star team.

12. habs_1993 says:

So, tomorrows game is being shown on tv right? On RIS?

13. Mark C says:

Relax, its preseason. Montreal has 5 games in 6 nights coming up, everyone will play. All players need the work, however all players need not be overworked on the same hand.

Don’t know what to tell you but, Henry, Darche, Sanford, and Wyman have all played NHL regular season games with Montreal within the past two seasons, so I guess they are considered to be on the depth chart.

14. Bryan says:

Wyman got called up last year for a brief stint, so obviously the organization sees something in him.

Henry’s been called up before, and was quite decent if I remember correctly.  It never hurts to give your depth players experience in the big games.

Although I’m also pretty disappointed that Avtsin and Schultz haven’t played yet.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me Bi-Polar.

15. showey47 says:
    this should cover it. I will be expecting my hug at the summit,lol
    FORWARDS
    87- Nicholas Champion
    84- Peter Delmas
    65- Robert Mayer
    31- Carey Price
    30- Curtis Sanford
  16. SeriousFan09 says:

Leblanc at 205, Tinordi at 230 will be very good players. You could see Pouliot able to keep his feet better tonight because he added 12 pounds over the summer. Max-Pac, I’d like to see how he works with those 12 extra pounds as well.

#1 reason rookies hit the wall in the NHL is they meet NHL bodies and they’re still children.

17. Chuck says:

That quote gives me a vision of him ragdolling some big-mouthed, smartass drunk on Crescent Street.

18. SeriousFan09 says:

Henry and Subban have played together in Hamilton, JM’s taking advantage of some old chemistry to make sure his D has some okay footing for the game.

19. TomNickle says:

Hard to keep Henry as a captain and have 20 year olds respect him in Hamilton if he doesn’t even get a fair shake in pre-season.

20. avatar_58 says:

Uhhh…why are guys like Henry playing pre-season? I mean come on, it’s not like he’d ever be called up. Play the guys you know will compete. I see no reason to be “testing” Darche, Sanford, Conboy, etc when I’m sorry but they will never be the ones counted on to add something to this team.

I mean where’s Avtsin? Wyman?? Is he even considered on the depth chart at all?

Silly silly moves. Stick with the rookies and AHL’ers who have a chance to make the team please. Just my two cents.

21. Rugger says:

There was a lot of bumping into each other last night that will be better once lines settle down.

22. TomNickle says:

As far as non-regulars who impressed go…..Leblanc, even though you can’t judge a player by one night’s work, looked to be by far the most ready for the NHL…..by far.

23. mike g says:

Guys who showed the most promise last night:

Leblanc, Palu, and Tinordi (in no particular order)

But, they all lack one thing: NHL weight.

In a year or two, they should have a few extra pounds that will help them play with the men. Last night they looked like lightweights. But they’re young kids, not even 20 yet.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

24. TomNickle says:

I made a comment last night in the first period that I loved the way he was playing.  He drove the net well and was strong on the puck and on the walls.

He did have too many mental lapses with the puck when he had options though.  Very likely just a confidence issue.

25. SeriousFan09 says:

Palushaj had a good night as a rookie I found, seemed to keep up with the pace and while he gave up turnovers, he seemed willing to pay the price when he should have to in a game. Only guys out there who really looked like he was in full form IMO was Pleky and Laps, everyone else was shaking off rust.

26. SeriousFan09 says:

I like it, taking a nice jab at the jerks who get off on the anonymity of booing from the cheap seats.

27. TomNickle says:

Yeah, I just had the wrong guy……..it was Palushaj, don’t know how the hell I missed that.

28. TomNickle says:

Oh my god.  My apologies……..if I could spell dislexsia I would label my self a victim of the disease immediately.

Palushaj committed the turnovers, not Desharnais.

DUH

29. fbkj says:

price has never been outspoken about how unfairly he has been treated by some of the fans

id say good on him

30. Say Ash says:

Ah, thanks, Tom! I finally figured it out! They put AK out there for the kids to learn what not to do.

31. SeriousFan09 says:

Tom, Desharnais didn’t play last night, you got someone else on your mind?

32. TomNickle says:

And how did you feel about the three turnovers he committed at the Bruins blueline last night instead of dumping the puck into their end or simply chipping the puck by the defenseman at the blueline?

I think he’s a good player too but those plays don’t fly with the coach especially considering he already has Andrei Kostitsyn doing it on a regular basis.

33. Danno says:

Is this a smart PR move? Wouldn’t the silent and stoic approach be better?

“Nobody’s ever come up to me and said, ‘You suck’ to my face. I don’t
    think anybody would ever do that. It’s just that when you get in a
    crowd, people are a lot more brave.”

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

34. 123456 says:

i do not know this harani character – do i want a hug form you??

i’m guessing leblanc since most others are already taken that i wuld have guessed

secret mod

35. Kappy says:

Cool, thanks man.  I will look for it, even though I am on some low budget cable service out here in the

stiks.  It would be nice to catch the game because I am starting my weekend tomorrow and wouldn’t mind

having a couple or twelve beers.

36. Storm Man says:

The media is trying to make a scandal out of something? How dare they do that…… It is his contract year and that had alot to do with him jacking 50 out of the park this year.

37. ZepFan2 says:

Carey Price

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

38. SeriousFan09 says:

Desharnais will need to improve his skating first, it’s average for an NHLer and at his size, he’s got to move like Gio or Cammy when he plays to survive.

39. Kooch7800 says:

If he was on another farm team he might make it. With the habs already being small I don’t think he will get his day to shine.  Too bad cause he has earned it.  His skating needs to be improved though for the NHL level.

40. Kooch7800 says:

Other than the top line that is going to be pretty weak offense. Looking forward to seeing Eller, Subban, pacc’s and deharnais

41. GrimJim says:

Gill

You said it was a huge poster

42. ManApart says:

The best player on that team outside of Gio and Gomer is Desharnais IMO. Too bad that guy is another small center, because he’s got NHL talent.

43. pic1983 says:

HUGE accomplishment, and extremely unfair that certain people in the media are trying to make a steroid scandal out of it.

44. pic1983 says:

Thanks for the link. Good read.

45. Chuck says:

I’m on Rogers, and get RIS as part of the package that gets me RDS.

It’s not an ideal way to watch a game, but the audio feed from CJAD with intermittent video from RIS will get me by.

46. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Any truth to the rumour Carey built the athletes’ village in Delhi over the summer?

Just askin’  – if fans want to blame the kid for everything we could start there!

47. mbplekfan says:

Game 2 of the ex, no big deal unless you are Endqvist, Eller, MaxPac or White.

All the others are pretty well set in where they will be in two weeks.

These four have to show well and with the exception of Eller try to get a few more games in before cuts.

48. Bugs says:

Yes. I’ve seen enough out’ve PK. He’s convinced me. Therefore off-radar.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

49. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Even PK off the radar?

50. Bugs says:

I wanna see Ellie; I wanna see Dezzy; and I wanna see da Pac-Man. Everyone else is off-radar, far as I’m concerned.

Yesterday, I wanted to see Paloosh, Louie, and the Torrid Jabrone. (actually kinda pissed Plecky and Lappy stole the show) Everyone else was off radar.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

51. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

AK46

52. Bill J says:

The next 3 games will be broadcast on “RIS” as part of their show called “NHL sur le vif” its the hockey game with frequent interuptions, but hey – it’s something.

Those who get RDS via Bell get RIS (Channel 124 if I am not mistaken)

Unsure if Rogers/Shaw customers get RIS though.

53. Mark C says:

I’m sure Molson is willing to take a $500K hit if it means improving the big club. It’s only $300K more than the team paid Darche to play in the AHL last year.

54. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

They need a player like Darche who will sit in the press box for most of the year without complaining, the prospects need to get their playing time in Hamilton.

55. Traf27 says:

I personally would put Desharnais between Max-Pac and Kostitsyn with Boyd centering the 3rd line and I agree on the lack of Shultz. I had heard good things abut him from training camp.

The struggles of today will make the victories of tomorrow that much sweeter.

56. Kappy says:

Ya, me too.  I wanted to see Avtsin as well.  In actuallity I won’t be able to “see” the game at all because

RDS is not broadcasting the next 3 games.  I still can’t figure that out.  I bet last nights broadcast of the

game was the best ratings they have had since the playoffs.

57. mbplekfan says:

He still has a one way contract paying him $500k. Molson still has to pay that out.

58. Kappy says:

That is awesome.  He is one of only 26 or 27 players ever to hit 50.  I guess that is one bright spot for the

Jays.  I actually think they might be contenders in a few years with all the young talent they got coming up.

That’s if the Yankee’s don’t take all the good one’s.  They need to talk to the Twins management about how

to stay competative on a budget.

59. BJ says:

Interesting line combos tomorrow. It’ll be nice to see the other half of the team:

Gionta-Gomez-Eller

Kostitsyn-Boyd-Darche

White-Desharnais-Pacioretty

Wyman-Enqvist-Massé

60. Corio says:

Ya what happened to Shultz?  Was hoping to see him.. odd.

61. TheDagger says:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

62. Mark C says:

How bad does that Darche contract look now?

Just put him on waivers and he comes off the NHL cap.

63. mbplekfan says:

After years of struggling with no prospects coming up through the ranks and little ability to sign free agents this team finally has competition for spots on the team.

Scorers: Cammaleri, Kostitsyn, Gionta, Pouliot, Eller, Pleks, Gomez

All arounds: Boyd, Moen, Lapierre, Halpern, Palushaj, Pyatt, White, Endqvist, Darche, MaxPac

If you let your guard down you might lose your spot.

If Palushaj and Endqvist can handle the NHL on a nightly basis we may see some trades by Xmas.

How bad does that Darche contract look now?

64. RGM says:

Not hockey, but how about Bautista hitting #50 today!

65. Bugs says:

Nice one, Cur…

Hey, where are you?

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

66. Nina76 says:

Okay Mikey……………I agree with you but what can we do about it??????? I hate it to, makes me feel very ashamed to be a true Hab Fan but after saying that, Price should be able to deal with these idiotic fans he has been here for 3 years now & supposed to have matured so he should be able to handle it. He knows that the real TRUE FANS are not the ones that are booing so come on Price get with it. Give us the best you,ve got & ignor the boo birds LAUGH ABOUT IT & GET UNDER THEIR SKIN SHOW THAT YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THOSE IGNORANT PEOPLE> There are 23,000 fans in that building & they all are not booing.                GO FOR IT PRICE & GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!

67. Curtoph says:

Jaro Halak!

*runs and hides*

68. habs03 says:

First, you guys are gonna love Eller tomorrow, followed him a lot from around the time since the Palushaj trade, you guys are going to be impressed, but I have mixed feelings on him playing LW, I want to see him do well tomorrow, but I much rather have him play C!!

69. saskhabfan says:

Months? You give him way too much credit. Funny how he comes here and tells everybody what their opinions should be everyday and yet he is constantly wrong about everything. One of the biggest jokes on the site,right up there with retromikey.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

70. Harani says:

I was walking to my bus stop (in Brossard) and noticed a new poster on it. It was fairly huge and featured a Habs player. And “Nous Sommes Canadiens” And I want you to guess who was the featured superstar? Guess away! The person who guesses it right gets a big hug from Harani.

“It must be love!”

71. SeriousFan09 says:

If you’ve been in the upper management of a company and these are your communication skills, no wonder we’ve got economic woes.

72. Propwash says:

Managing a hockey team is a whole different ballgame than managing a business.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

73. HabFanSince72 says:

Just so we can get a better idea of where you’re coming from, what exactly did you manage?

Did it have a draft and a salary cap?

Did you have to hire employees when they were 17 years old?

Did you have to pay employees ten times your own salary?

Was success defined by being the  one out of 30 companies that made the most profit, and anything else, even being in the top 10%, called failure?

74. Bill J says:

Halak was “here” for 5 years. (remember he is 25)

Price has been here for 3 years. (remember Price is 23)

& you should strongly consider

1) laying off the italics.

2) laying off the bold type character.

3) use spell check, it’s a beautiful thing!

75. LA Loyalist says:

we can’t use spell czech about Halak, he’s Slovak and they are sensitive.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

76. Caper says:

Gerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been! You’ve dropped island from your name. Good to see you haven’t changed….I think.

77. HabFanSince72 says:

$5M for 2 years.

No matter how you define poor, he ain’t it.

78. Mark C says:

Best anti-management post ever and I mean that. Here are a few counterpoints.

What mangers in pro sports tell the truth all the time? Answer is none. In fact, as a fan of a team why you want your team’s management telling the truth? In hyper-competitive sports and businesses full truth telling can be a detriment.

Management was not comfortable naming a new captain due to such high player turnover, so they decided to wait one year. Why was this such a debacle? It didn’t seem to hurt on-ice performance, did it? What if the wrong captain was picked and it negatively affected the team?

Sure, Price should have answered the questions last night, but it’s the preseason does it really matter? He answered those questions today, some odd 15 hours later. The players and coaches would have been asked questions about Price regardless if he was there are not. Is that really pathetic? Sounds like overreaction to me.

Let’s be clear – the Habs made a miraculous run to the Stanley Cup last year thanks solely to the guts and talents of the players and in spite of an archaic and autocratic management team whose main reaction to this miracle was to trade away the leader of the pack…without telling fans the truth.

So this means the chicken comes before the egg, right? You cannot take credit away from management in this situation, they put the team together. What truth are they hiding about Halak?

79. Da Hema says:

You have some sobering points, but I do believe you have been too harsh in your assessment of Gainey’s tenure. We need to place some of your critical comments in a wider context, and the best way is to compare Gainey’s regular season records against his two immediate predecessors.

Bob Gainey (2003-2010): 252-183-50-4

Andre Savard (2000-2003): 94-106-22-4

Rejean Houle (1995-2000): 175-173-58

Gainey’s tenure marked a turnaround in the fortunes of the organization. The organization was stabilised, with less turnover and more internal loyalty to the club. The team became more consistently competitive, to the point where the Habs have a renewed nation-wide following. Gainey reduced the bleeding of the organisation’s young talent being given away to other teams, which was frankly the defining characteristic of the Houle years.

I agree there remain some areas the team needs to improve. The drafting priorities still seem questionable to me, and the organisation has an uneven record in terms of player development. But the evidence is clear: Gainey left the team in better shape than he found it. His predecessors cannot make that claim.

————————

“There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge….”

–Hunter S. Thompson

80. HabsFansince49 says:

I like to write in support of those “drunken fans”, as one person described them, who booed Carey Price.  I am almost 70 years old, so I’m not a young hot head and I have followed the Habs since ’49.

It is unfair that Price is the recipient of this discontent just a few minutes into an irrelevant pre-season game, but unfortunately he is the front guy for bad management decisions.  I have been a manager (not sports) for most of my professional career and I believe I have an idea what goes into sound management. The Montreal Canadiens, who I dearly love, have been poorly managed in recent years. When I say this I am not talking solely about the decisions that have been made. Some have been good; others disastrous. All have been non-transparent.  That is, no one really tells the fans why decisions are made – they are given rationalizations but never sound arguments.

To be a good manager, you need

- to be open and transparent – tell people the truth; Gainey and now Gauthier simply rationalized

- make sure the message is clear; the captaincy debacle is a sad commentary on what was once a great organization

- know your constituency; here the Habs management has totally failed, totally blind to the very passion of many fans.  Example – as another commentator pointed out on this site Price  should have been made to meet the press after last night’s game. Instead we have the players and coach coming to his defence the next day. Pathetic.

I truly feel bad for 22 year old Carey Price. My God! 22 years of age! He is being crucified for the sins of Gainey, Gauthier and company.

Imagine where this present and potential team would be if the people running the show possessed a modicum of management skills.

Good grief! The mind boggles!

I don’t pretend to be an expert; just a die-hard Habs fan passing my opinion

81. The Cat says:

Good post.

82. CBrady12 says:

Let’s be clear – the Habs made a miraculous run to the Stanley Cup last year thanks solely to the guts and talents of the players” …except it was the two GM’s that don’t “possess a modicum of management skills” that put those players together…

83. TripleX says:

Thank you!  I am constantly being told to shut up and that I have no business criticizing the management team because of my youth. I am 17 years old by the way.  It usually goes like this ” when you grow up kid you will learn”.  What?  What does youth have to do with what I observe with my own eyes?

Having someone with your age and experience echoing my sentiments is wonderful.  We have had bad management for years and that is not a revelation to those willing to be objective.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

84. ed lopaz says:

100% AGREE! with Habs 49 Post.

I love my country, that does not mean I support the present government.
    I love the Habs, that does not mean I support the present Habs management.

85. SeriousFan09 says:

Here’s the thing, the fans do not know how to run a hockey team, they utterly do not and that’s why they are the fans and not the management. The management is charged with building a winning hockey club and they say their decisions are based on bringing the Canadiens closer to the Cup. Now while we may not agree with all their decisions or like when they say ‘we brought this guy in because he knows about winning’ we’re not really in a position to know better. Hal Gill? Massive goat all year when it wasn’t a PK, the second the playoffs hit? He was a hero in Montreal because the management knew in the post-season, Gill is one of the best shutdown men in the entire NHL.

It’s not the management’s job to dumb down their rationale and explain what they’re planning to do all the tme, partly because loudly telling everyone what you’re planning to do (see Toronto) tips the other teams off to how they can squeeze you in a trade or what UFAs you might be targeting. By playing it quietly, the Habs often move under the radar and get things done. Gainey and Gauthier built that playoff run team. Everyone but Halak is still there as well. You were around for the Sam Pollock era ‘fans are great, but the quickest way to lose them is to listen to them’.

And what Captaincy debacle? Waiting a year to see who the best man is to lead the team among a room of great players like Cammalleri, Gionta, Gorges and Markov? The C will be given to the man who best leads the team on the ice and off of it. It will not be slapped on a jersey to satisfy tradition.

86. Propwash says:

Granted, the management of the Habs have made a few blunders, no doubt about it, however that very same management built that team that made the run last season. It would be unwise for them to call out players if they had a bad night.

Everyone is getting all bent out of shape over something as trivial as a preseason game and throwing Price under the bus, it’s absolutely insane! Wait till the end of the season to seriously cast judgement of players and management, because that’s when you’ll find out if they did a good job or not.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

87. GERRY FROM THE WEST ISLAND says:

HEY!!!  Habs Fan since 49.

AT LAST!!!   You very clearly,succintly and non passionately explained clearly the ameteur management skills that have been foisted on the loyal “dogs” in other words our loyal fans.

I can not add anything to what you said. I too have been in the executive arena.Management(good) is everything in business.Attention to detail.Being honest with yourself,and not engaging in passive aggresive behavior-what you call rationalizing- is crucial to being successful-not just in business but in life.

Price has been here 5 years.I think it would be clear to everyone what caliber goalie he is.His statistics don’t lie.The truth is is that he is a very average to below average goalie based on his won/loss and save percentage statistics.He has had real problems competing at this level,which is obvious to everyone but those in pathological denial.

The scarriest phrase heard time in and out is “he has great potential”.”He’s going to be great someday”.

Halak was off the charts in the playoffs last year,and has been just as good over his entire carreer.He has almost 2 wins for every one loss and is raked way up in save percentage.

The absolute worst move that management could have made was to trade the guy who without doubt had got them deep in the playoffs

88. Say Ash says:

Hickey, there’s not nearly enough mention of Price in your post.

89. Storm Man says:

After the Quebec tax man gets his share he will be :)

90. SeriousFan09 says:

For more NHL goalie struggles!

91. showey47 says:

LMAO “I just stubbed my toe on the worlds largest emerald”

92. HabsoluteFan says:

Cammy should be booed, we pay him good money to put the puck in the net and he didnt last night, in our first preseason game…We should also boo Eller because he has something to do with Halak beeing traded.

Because of Price, we are off to a horrible start in this important preseason. He’s a bum who couldnt stop a beach ball while playing his first game since the start of April last year.  How could his timing be off ?

How could he let in a breakaway goal and a nice move by Bergeron on the 3rd goal ?

As if we needed this drama before the season even starts.  Price will be fine if we cut him some slack.  I honestly don’t see Price doing well until the crowd leaves him alone.

As a Habs fan, you’d think we would want the team to do well(i.e not putting more pressure on Price) and not give a sh*t about a preseason game.  I remember the habs going 6-1 and Marius Czerkawski ending the preseason on top of the NHL scoring leaders.  We all know what a great carear the great Marius had right…

It’s ok to be passionate about something but as my dad always told me, ”l’exces en tout est un défaut”

93. LA Loyalist says:

Price has had 2 years of slack. Going well, isn’t it?

94. CBrady12 says:

He went back to bed

95. ZepFan2 says:

Well it is past 7. My bad.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

96. ZepFan2 says:

+ 10

I guess Red missed that.

————————————————————————

– Steven Tyler

97. HabsoluteFan says:

Pleks did look great last night.  I was pretty pumped with Palushaj also ! Lets hope they keep it up

98. SeriousFan09 says:

Pleks was awesome, he’s hitting 80P this year.

99. likehoy says:

i was really worried plekanec wouldn’t be able to put up another great season, but after watching last night’s agme, it looks like plekanec will equal or better his previous season. I was impressed with his skating and confidence out there.

it shows how far some of the kids have to go to be established NHLers because even the “good skaters” weren’t able to keep up with plekanec

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

100. JSP1990 says:

I thought Avtsin would play tonight?

101. Say Ash says:

Unless he’s in nets, he should make out OK. Have you hit him up for tickets yet?

102. mike g says:

What a thrill…

I mentionned this a few times before, but Danny Masse was a player that I used to play against. He’s making his debut in the NHL tomorrow night, and it must be so exciting for him.

Nice to see some guys I know playing in the NHL, and for the Habs.

And if you’re going to the game, please be nice to him.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

103. larisalapointe says:

Some of these media people should be booed. By the way anybody see Guy Carbonneau knocking Price on RDS last night? Barely got rid of Bob Hartley.  I miss Dick Irvin.

104. SeriousFan09 says:

No Avtsin? BOOOO.

105. Mark C says:

Properly best to keep him as far away from Kovy as possible.

106. TorontoHabsFan says:

Man am I ever excited to see Eller!!

107. mike g says:

He wasn’t a good friend or anything. I played against him for about 5-6 years, but never played on his team. He played for Lanaudiere, and I always played for the Montreal team.

And they always beat us.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

108. rocketsglare says:

It will be intersting to see what Eller can do tomorrow night. But I have a feeling that he

is the real deal and he is going to impress us during the pre-season.

109. Bugs says:

He dang well better impress us for what we gave up for’m.

Or he’ll get booed too.

We give no quarter here.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

110. TorontoHabsFan says:

One last thing about the booing, braying morons: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but know how Habs fans like to fancy themselves the smartest fans in the game? Well around the league you’re not seen that way – know what everybody thinks of when Habs fans are mentioned? Looting and booing their own.

Montreal is quickly becoming a national punchline – know why TSN jumps on any hint of discord in Montreal? Because it’s funny to everybody else…”hey everybody, look – those ridiculous habs fans are booing their goalie! Isn’t that hilarious!?”

Frankly, Montreal’s sporting reputation is just as low as Philadelphia’s. I hope the morons don’t mind.

111. Bob Dobbs says:

Ain’t that the truth.

112. larisalapointe says:

Maybe some things are true about your post. But the large majority of Montrealers like myself despise those ”fans” as well.

But let’s not exaggerate. TSN is Toronto’s network. Any chance to make us all look bad……..you know the rest.

It is also TSN who keeps telling us Halak is our hero. He isn’t mine and judging from all the posts, he isn’t everyone’s.

The only hilarious thing is not even making the playoffs year after year after…………you know the rest

113. showey47 says:

They had this very topic on nhlxm today. The hosts of the show still feel toronto is worse when it comes to media and fans. I think tsn likes to jump on montreal every chance they get because 1)they are based out of toronto and 2)it takes the negative attention away from their own team.

114. Xtrahabsfan says:

There is no bad fans but there are bad performances! And to think you or anyone else can MAKE PEOPLE DO WHAT YOU WANT in a free society is quite stupid, after all we all have different fingerprints just to prove you got high hopes!The fans make it possible that you can watch your fav team and they bring great forms of other entertainment as well through their patronage.They are the customer and the CUSTOMER IS ALL-WAY’S RIGHT! …That my friend is how it is,quite yer bitching……

115. linp says:

I am strongly against booing your own team. It only hurts the team. As a fan, we should support our team. But I can understand that there are paid customers who has spent time and money to only get their evening spoiled. Not everyone going to the Bell Center are diehard HABS fan. Hockey is a religion in Montreal. People are getting very emotional about it. When they are disappointed, they could lose control of their action. You won’t react the same way when you are sitting in your living room.

Anyway, it is up to the team to entertain the customers and earn their support.

116. Bugs says:

Boooooo!

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

117. LA Loyalist says:

Yes Gainey turned the boat around – but the bar was very low, probably the Roy trade was the low point of the franchise.

The standard we should be going by is not the Andre Savard/Houle standard.

If that’s the bar then we have no chance at greatness.

“To failing hands we’ve passed the torch.”

118. SeriousFan09 says:

It’s much harder to fix something to destroy it. The damage Serge Savard’s later trades did (along with a very bad draft record after ’87), Houle’s administration and the blah of Andre Savard left Gainey cleaning up a mess. The scouting department, establishing a proper farm team for MTL, restoring the club to the point where we could sign free agents like Cammalleri, Gionta and re-sign guys like Plekanec because they see a future in the club and respect the organization.

119. ed lopaz says:

the fans do not know how to run a hockey team, they utterly do not and that’s why they are the fans and not the management. ” posted by a very smart and serious fan.

Do you, as a “fan”,  have the right to criticize Houle or Savard as GM’s?

120. SeriousFan09 says:

It’s one thing to look at a GM’s record when they left and see what the results were for years afterwards and what didn’t happen, it’s another to say that a team that has grown far more competitive since the mid 90s under Gainey’s leadership was poorly managed when half of Gainey’s work was clean-up more than actually doing what he would have liked to do I imagine and he did get the team back into the playoffs with his work.

We’ve had a decade to evaluate Houle, 15 to evaluate Serge Savard’s record and 7 for Andre Savard. You examine what resulted from their tenure and what their drafting results and signings did to make the team better. A lot of it in the past 17 years didn’t do much for us so I have my issues with Gainey being the only guy in 17 years who really made moves to get the team in the right direction and he’s not even out of the job for a year, we don’t know what his signings and draftings will leave in a legacy, but he’s getting treated like Houle anyway. In 3-4 years, we can probably really discuss what the Gainey administration really did and how the team benefitted (or not) from it but I don’t like this day-by-day criticism of a job that is a long-term project for any GM and you don’t even know what it really produced until a few years after the guy leaves. For all our dislike of Houle, our best defencemen since Chelios left town was drafted under his watch. Savard’s drafting was weak after 87, but in ’93, he selected my and LA Loyalist’s favourite player of the modern Habs era. It takes years to really know what the last guy brought in.

I just don’t like this demand that the management has to open and tell us everything when these guys are working in a market with 29 competitors and it’s probably not best to tip their hand. They can’t always please the fans as they manage the salary cap, take tough decisions on who stays and who goes, manage their prospects while trying to find the trade that raises the team up another level.

121. Da Hema says:

I too have found TSN’s constant references to Halak to be disingenuous. TSN is filled with duplicitous little snots.

————————

–Hunter S. Thompson

122. larisalapointe says:

And they never get the facts right either. It’s as if they just make things up as they go. They probably think we can’t read English hahahahaha

123. TorontoHabsFan says:

Thank you for sharing.

Now don’t forget…they’re laughing at you, not with you.

124. larisalapointe says:

Even in a free society there are rules. Nobody has the right to be a bully. One hockey player being mocked and booed by a mob is basically being bullied. If it was your kid in school, you’d be reacting. Whether you like Price or not, it’s disgraceful. Buying a bloody ticket doesn’t give you the right to be a bad human being.

125. saskhabfan says:

Until it is halak insted of price,then your post does a 180

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

126. Xtrahabsfan says:

Larisa,Carey is a 22year old multi millionaire who makes his own disissions and one of them was to continue playing as a Hab and by doing so got last years no:1 traded “which he didn’t do by being the better goaltender!”now his job is to Stop the freaking puck…something he hasn’t done well lately,thus the Boo’s….No rocket science needed,lol

When and if he starts playing the way he’s payed to do will be the cure all…it’s all he has to do.Let me ask you this…If you or I sucked at our job and got boo’d or even worse fired ,would that make the person that boo’d or fired you a bully?Me thinks not ;)

127. larisalapointe says:

Millionaires are more sensitive than us poor folks. I agree a better start and winning is the key to changing things around in regards to certain fans,but please it is only your opinion that Halak was that good. Not mine, don’t even go there. I am overdosed on the endless Halak/Price discussions. I know alot of people who suck at their jobs and they all have corner offices. LOL
    Bullies are cowards, if you can’t say something one on one to someone’s face, then you are one. My boss and a mob cannot be compared. It destroys the atmosphere of the game.
    It is unpleasant and distracting for the whole team. If you don’t like Price, what about the rest of the team?

128. habs-hampton says:

I think you missed the point. Everyone outside of Mtl thinks that all Habs fans are like the idiots that boo our own players. I don’t think most of us want to be looked at like that. I know I don’t… and for the record I have never booed a Habs player.

129. Traf27 says:

The truly ironic thing about his reply is that he not only missed the point of the OP but in a way proved it. The booing that happens is done by small people who get to feel like they A) Have a clue about hockey and B) Actually matter in the grand scheme of things. Neither of which is true. Not only are they booing a goalie who was hung out to dry on 2 of the four goals, they’re taking away from the many good performances from our young players. I will always love the Habs, whether they lose every game of the season or set records winning a 25th cup. What may push me away are the fans.

The struggles of today will make the victories of tomorrow that much sweeter.

130. slapshot777 says:

The ” CUSTOMER IS ALL-WAY’S RIGHT! … ” is a line of bullsh!t. The customer is quite fairly always wrong, though they may think they are aways right. I work in retail and I see hundreds of customers everyday and I can tell you from FACT that may of these so called customers don’t know jack sh!t. I know what your saying in they pay your salary, but that doesn’t mean that every word they say or what they think is right. Myself or anybody is also has a right to set them straight. Too bad if they don’t like it, but that too is also the way the cookie crumbles.

The Minor few of fans that come and boo Price are the same idiots who will boo at anything not to their liking. Price wasn’t their favorite so they boo him at the slightest margin of error. They do it, because they want to show Price he wasn’t the preferred goalie by them and to show management. Well guess what, those same morons will never be pleased and that’s why management really in all honesty don’t give a rats arse about what a fan thinks. Price shouldn’t either.

If your trying to do something just to please somebody else your fighting a losing battle. Price should ignore the booing (I know it’s not easy) and concentrate on his game. Price is the goaltender of the future for the Habs whether these booing morons like it or not. The best part about it is that if Carey can overcome the booing he will be alright, but those same fans will never get their Halak back. That in itself is a burn that these same booing fans will always know.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

131. HABZ24 says:

lars eller hopefully will turn out to be a decent player, he better or we gave halak away for nothing. price can put out the fire before it gets bigger tonight, thats if hes not too far in the hole by mid second period when he gets his chance. go habs go

132. habaddict_andy says:

More like Eller has to lift Price from the hole since Price ain’t playing tonight.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

133. showey47 says:

Of course you are considered mature at 18 in junior hockey. Everybody else is either 17,18 or 19 and the odd 20 year old. You are considered mature among your peers in junior hockey which at that age really doesn’t say much. But then again,you probably never played junior hockey and so you really don’t have a clue what happens with junior players away from the rink. Cause if you did play,you would realize your post is way off.

134. RiverviewCanadien says:

I was watching TSN earlier tonight while feeding my 4 month old, and I got to see a clip from Price’s interview. People need to listen to his advice. But I do think a positive impact could have been made last night. It would have shown the imbeciles, he is not bothered by idiotic antics.

He wasn’t great last night.

I think he knew it, I think his team mates knew it, I think everyone who watched the game knew he was not ‘on’. But he should NEVER have been boo’d. The fans are fickle, ridiculous and it pisses me off that I rarely luck out with great seats (and I drive 10 hours one way for these games every year) and some have horseshoes up their arse, and boo a preseason game.

BTW…Boone, Stubbs, or Hickey, can you pull some strings (my wife and I have tickets for the home opener this year…waaaaay up at the top). Anyways…(worth a try)

Now booing Mike “The Traitor” Komisarek, I can understand ;)

I have always been a fan of Price, but I became a fan of Halak first and enjoyed the moments he gave, he was brilliant last year. But from now I am 110% Price-Fanboy, if you will. He deserves better from fans of the Montréal Canadiens. I want an angry Price in the pipes (I will still reserve the right to call it as I see it…in my own words).

I hope this episode gives him the edge to shut the little pukes up…make ‘em eat it Carey…served blue rare.

135. camellia89 says:

oh, he is so handsome. i think if he plays in the wing, it still ok.

—————————-

136. habs-hampton says:

Looks like Mats Sundin when he was drafted.

I might rip Price in these pages but I have never booed the Habs. I’ve been at Habs and Expos games where the crowd cheering has made a difference in the outcome of the game. A good crowd can throw the opposing team off.  A bad crowd can throw off the home team or a player, as we all know.

138. quentin_stuckley says:

less price.  more leblanc, shultz, eller, palushaj (i love spelling and saying that name, hopefully often as in scoring), tinordi, am i missing anyone, yep, avitsin.  it’s nice to have such a promising young group of players in the fold.  palushaj impressed me in last nights game, and i’m excited to see how lars plays tomorrow.  and all the talk of shultzy, man, i want to see him on the ice.  didn’t see the game last night, but looking at tinordi’s stats last night, he couldn’t have been too awful.  20:38 t.o.i. and -1.  in a 4-2 loss, it could have been much worse.  anyone see him, what do you think?  and leblanc, can’t wait to see him playing.  4 games in four nights.  surely we’ll see avitsin and shultz in one of these games.

139. 100HABS says:

I saw the Price interview on RDS. Now, think hard, how many 23-year olds (he just turned last month) do you know who can be so well-spoken and say the right things with heavy lights on him, 50 people around him, and 20 microphones pointed at his face? Not easy questions either.

Give this guy a couple more years. He’s special, but he will make mistakes. Twenty years ago, there were people saying we should get rid of Roy, Hayward is better. Let’s all think hard about that one.

140. Pay Julay says:

Nope… PG made the wrong choice… Bottom line. End of story.

FYI – I felt like this even before the playoff run.

141. habsgod says:

go cheer for some one else

142. christophor says:

before the playoffs you felt that the wrong choice was made in june?

too clever for your own good.

143. The Cat says:

Its funny how things work out. One could say that Halak was treated unfairly by management and that endeared him to the fans, and Price was treated more than fairly by management but, as a result, not the fans. The people have spoken and it seems they dont like management. The answer to all this is for management to treat Price unfairly: After he strings a few wins, relegate him to backup duties for a while, thus the fan will develop sympathy for him.

144. CharlieHodgeFan says:

A lot of posters are trying right now to drum up that sympathy. It’s necessary. I’m still mad at management for the Halak decision, but it is not Price’s fault. I may curse at my TV when he’s in there, but I would never boo the kid at the Bell.

A simple problem exists – Carey Price is a very unpopular player. He’s charming, articulate, handsome… he just isn’t much of a goalie right now. He was good, and he could get it back. He was overhyped, and he was put in night after frustrating night when it was obvious Halak was a better goalie. It will take time and brains to figure out how to defuse that.

Or, it’ll take Price getting hot and doing what we all want him to do on the ice.

145. adam76 says:

hes a 4 year NHL vet.  FOr anyone who played junior hockey – you are mature by 18.  The fact people are still talking about his maturity level is an embarrassment.

146. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Hey, I think they traded the wrong goalie and left the Habs weak at a key position. I’ll still cheer for the Habs no matter how incompetent I think the new GM was on that decision. And I’ll cheer for Price. He didn’t hit Halak with a hammer and stuff him in a garbage bag. He became our goalie when our number one was unloaded by management (for interesting young players).

Goalies and players come and go. There’s a good chance Price will be soon be a trivia answer like Huet, Soetart, Plasse or a host of other guys who guarded the habs nets over the years. There’s a good chance Gauthier will be trivia too. This is just one season, and I hope it’s one where Price surprises and shines. I’ll cheer for Eller, and desperately hope Price raises his game soon, not because of a meaningless exhibition game, but because of the last season and a half.

147. Stuck_in_To. says:

I find your assertion interesting given just how juvenile so many pro athletes are as a result of being sheltered from a more balanced life and, thus, broader perspective as they grow up (read: formative years).

That being said, Price could still learn to be a little more earnest in his claim to want to succeed in Montreal and a little less defensive when he falls short. But only because this would further protect him from stupid fans. I think the kid is doing very well.

And yeah, mature.

148. Johnny_D says:

Wow. Seriously? You call that slack?

149. Bred says:

So who gets the third A tomorrow night?

Most of the team’s “leaders” played last night, and minus Gio and Gomez, tomrorow’s lineup is kind of, well, not really “stacked” with bonafide Habs.

Gio’s going to have an A (or C?) so will Gomez, out of everyone else, who will have the third one?

I think it’s going to be between O’Byrne and Darche… of which I’d love to see OB get it.

150. Johnny_D says:

The G-unit … Gionta / Gomez / Gorges

151. CBrady12 says:

Probably no one…

152. likehoy says:

andrei kostitsyn lol

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

153. slamtherimtim says:

just saw Gionta on tsn talking about last night , he said all the right things , worded it perfectly , and looked great saying it

154. CBrady12 says:

They talked about the Price boos on PTI today, Habs fans getting some publicity south of the border

155. Rainrocket16 says:

So Scary Price is the man who we are gonna go all the way with this year? Well all I know is he needs to rebound from this epic failure. We all know it is pre-season but dear lord Carey. I am quick to count out Carey but face it folks, we are stuck with him. He is trying his best, you aint gotta like him like we liked Halak but give the young lad a little respect.

Enough about that! I am getting excited to see Cammy tear some ass up! Eller is gonna smash some heads I do believe. Also Pouliot looks good again.

GO HABS GO!!

156. larisalapointe says:

Which reporter asked Price a question mentioning Halak as the Playoff hero? What a retarded question. and how presumptuous because he wasn’t my hero. The whole team was.

157. likehoy says:

probably the same reporter who asked ryan getzlaf if he was a habs fan at the ASG 2 years ago

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

158. STZA says:

Sinteti toti poponari, real talk, BOY!

159. aemarchand11 says:

Ian Shultz….?

2010-2011

160. Storm Man says:

Hmmmmm your 17 years of age The Habs have not won a cup in over 17 years and your on here talking about how the Habs have bad management? maybe look up your Habs history to see when we had bad management. I would ask you to use your top level hockey experience on this topic.

161. Mark C says:

Where’s the Russian?

162. habs bandwagon fan says:

with that lineup, habs will get clobbered (shutout)tomorrow night

at least Price won’t be playing.