Audio: Eller gets shot with a top line

Lars Eller (left) will play Friday night with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta.

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Carey Price 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Brian Gionta | Lars Eller

Thanks to Robert Laflamme of Presse Canadienne for providing the Price audio

Newcomer Lars Eller will find himself on the left wing on a line with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta tomorrow night as the Canadiens entertain the Ottawa Senators at the Bell Centre.

Eller usually plays centre but he said today he’s comfortable on the wing and he’ll play wherever the organization wants him to play as long as he has a spot on the team.

Benoit Pouliot played with Gomez and Gionta for a good portion of last season and he’s under some heat to step up his game. He was one of the Canadiens’ better forwards in a 4-2 loss to Boston last night.

The lineup tomorrow features the players who didn’t dress last night.
The other lines should look like this: Andrei Kostitsyn-Dustin
Boyd-Mathieu Darche; James Wyman-Andreas Engqvist-Dany Masse; Ryan
White-David Desharnais-Max Pacioretty.

Alex Henry and P.K. Subban
will be paired on defence and Alexandre Picard will play with Ryan
O’Byrne. We’ll also see two of the following four: Marc-Antoine
Desnoyers, Kyle Klubertanz, Mathieu Carle and Brendan Nash.

Alex
Auld will start in goal and play 30 minutes. Coach Jacques Martin
declined to say which goalie will finish the game but he said he won’t
go back to Carey Price, whose next appearance will be Saturday in
Ottawa. Martin will decide between Robert Mayer and Peter Delmas.

1. db says:

Im in Victoria right now and had a chance to talk to one of OByrne old coaches and he had only great things to say.

Don’t be mistaken, OB is an NHL d-man and any team would take him (especially at his salary).

I also absolutely loved the class shown when he “gave up” the #3..

The purse incident was also explained to me.. just a little rookie hazing from Tommy K.

2. Storm Man says:

ROFLMAO……

3. Bugs says:

A hug from Harani?!

In that case, I’m gonna say the superstar on the poster was you, Harani.

Was it you? Am I close?

Either way, just for sayin that, I should get the hug anyway.

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

4. The Cat says:

I think booing is wrong, but given the huge price tag on habs games; maybe people just expect perfection.

5. New says:

The people who do that are complex. There are times when a team doesn’t give it a lot, and you can tell something is bugging the whole team. Is booing the whole team ok at that point? There are times when we don’t like that the team is losing. Is it ok to boo then? There are times when a player makes a mistake. Does booing undo the mistake?

I think coaches usually play the best players. Each coach has his own preferences and tolerances, but usually tries to win. So booing a player who has an off night or makes a mistake isn’t really logical because it improves nothing. The opposite is all that can occur. The player will get worse. Booing an opponent has a negative effect, it awakens the spirit of competition in them. Likewise the GM pretty well knows when the team is off, and I suspect the coaches and team are under the gun already at that point.

So really, when you look at it, you could figure the people booing want the Habs to fail, individually or collectively. Secret Nords die-hards? TO fans? Fired Habs coaches waiting for their color spot?

Then you have the “others”. Lustily booing the non-goal call last night. They didn’t see the play, they didn’t see the posts.

Anyway, the boobirds aren’t there to cheer on the team no matter how you cut it. The Bell doesn’t seem to care, taking the money and flogging the beer. Why should we?

6. Bill J says:

Yes, Yes, Yes & Yes.

7. HabFanSince72 says:

I’ve been away all day.

Can anyone summarize?

Any mention of Carey? The Halak trade? The two geniuses? The Bell Ctr fans?

8. joeybarrie says:

My post was to express this.

People can choose how they want to act. If you yell, regardless of where you yell, you are a YELLER.

If you act like a jerk, regardless of where you do it, you are a jerk.

I am extremely competitive. I yell at my team when we aren’t playing well. I have accepted that the fans in the stand know me as the screamer. Thats what I am.

Trust me, if we are 15 games into the season and Price has let in 3-4 goals a game just like last night, I will be pissed. But it’s up to the coaches and management to make sure we can do something about it. Jose Theodore is a GREAT goalie, he just isnt consistent. When he sucks, he really sucks.

My biggest problem is simply this. Carey Price has not yet been AS GREAT as we expect. But that doesn’t mean 2 things….

1. He will not be great as he is young. Also he has NOT been as bad as people say.

2. We saw it MANY times last season. Price could have been AWESOME, and we still couldnt score to win the game. See the game vs Nashville when he saved 53 shots and we couldnt get a single goal. I look at Pricey like Wash looks at Varly. Stats are similar, but here Varly is said to be GREAT. Because his team scores more than any others. We have gone farther with Halak and Price than they have with Theo and Varly.

Lastly I will say this.  I SUPPORTED HALAK every single game. Good or Bad. I just feel its stupid to boo a guy for stupid reasons. No one booed Halak in 2008 when Pitts scored on their first two shots against him, and we eventually lost 5-1.  No one booed Halak when we lost 8-2 vs Boston in the pre-season… But BECAUSE we drafted Price #5 he is held to a different standard…. BECAUSE we feel he could be one of the best goalie’s in the league with enough experience we boo him until he doesn’t WANT to play here anymore…

In retrospect would you HONESTLY go back and BOO Patrick Roy right now for his game against Detroit???? I doubt a SINGLE person would. We CHOOSE how to act… thats the point im trying to make.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. RJB says:

Alright new subject, lest my eyes fall out from the dull repetitive posts about Carey Price, I think we’ve beaten the (rodeo) horse to death… What does everyone expect from Eller? I think he’s the real deal, and if he gets some top 6 time during the season he could light it up…Thoughts?

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    - Bilbo Baggins

10. MTLForever says:

I want to see Schultz soon and of course the russian like everyone else!

11. fbkj says:

does he deserve criticism? hell yeah! does he deserve what a lot of the reactionary press and fanbase have been shelling out? most certainly not…

12. mike g says:

Horrible news….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

13. fbkj says:

thats just part of the marketing campaign, they have posters like that for most of the players

14. Mikey_39 says:

I wish! It’s honestly amazing how pathetic some of these people are tho.  I mean, booing your own players, ex-players who didn’t even want to leave, booing the american national anthem…For sure when Koivu returns there’s going to be some who boo him.  And the worst part is even though these animals are a minority, Habs fans are still viewed as classless because of them.

15. SeriousFan09 says:

Uh-oh, Peter Mueller in COL just got took another brain injury (see concussion) and he is out indefinitely. Afer taking one last year in the playoffs, this could really be bad for the kid, career-altering and possibly life-altering as well.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

16. Mikey_39 says:

or… the boo-birds represent a very small minority of habs fans who are classless.

17. SeriousFan09 says:

Hey at least the organization printed a poster of the guy, he gets his confidence this season and he can start leveling the opposition. I like O’Byrne when he’s got his game going, good skater and he can knock a guy flat when he wants to and he fights for his teammates, punch-for-punch with Voros, dummied Kaleta in the pre-season.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

18. mike g says:

I’m not sure I understand your post…

If you’re saying it’s useless to boo, and in the end it’s pointless, I agree with you. I’m not saying it shouldn’t happen, but it should be reserved for cases that merit it.

If I’m paying big money to see the Habs and they lose to a crap team by the score of 12-0, I won’t boo because it’s just not in me to do that. But some will, and I won’t be nearly as pissed as if they booed in a 4-2 loss.

All I’m trying to say is that there’s a time and place for everything, and last night was the place but not the time to boo. It’s like going to watch your daughter practice her balet, and booing when she falls. IT’S PRACTICE!

And IMO, it doesn’t matter whether someone is paid millions or pennies. If I wanna call someone a jerk or make fun of them in public, I don’t ask them how much they make per year before I do it. So this whole arguent about it being OK to boo atheletes because they make alot of money is crazy and full of flaws.

In the end they make the big money because we as fans, yes even those of you who boo, pay big money to go watch them. If you don’t want them to make the millions, stop going to the games. It’ll save you money, stess, and vocal chords.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

19. avatar_58 says:

Why dissapointed? O’Byrne may not be a flashy scorer or our next captain but he’s a hab :)

20. avatar_58 says:

Yeah I know. I guess I was just really impressed by certain guys like Palushaj and hope they get every chance to make the team.

21. Harani says:

Ready for my Who am I answer? Well…this was a really big poster but I couldn’t really make out the player on it since it was on the other side of the road. MY bus was supposed come soon but I still wanted to go see…a huge Habs poster close to my house…COME ON I had to see! So, I cross the street and then the bus comes and I run back got honked at like 10 times. I get on the bus, sit beside a girl from my stop and she says “Disappointing huh?” I did that when I got here too!”

Let’s break the suspense. The poster had #20 Ryan O’Byrne. That’s a lame punch but still…I just thought it was hilarious! Here’s a pic I took this evening while coming home. So let the speculation begin…Ryan O’Byrne is the next Habs Captain. NOT!

“It must be love!”

22. TripleX says:

There seems to be a disconnect between the Carey Price that his team mates and most of the Montreal media see and that which the public witnesses.  I don’t begin to understand it but it is very real because I feel it myself.  I have just had a hard time warming up to Price and damned if I know why.  Sure some of the antics in the past have frustrated me but not enough to actively dislike him.  So what is it?  Why did I instantly like Halak and not Price?  In my case a big reason is his connection to Gainey, but again not enough reason for the dislike.

When Price speaks in his more candid moments he comes across as a great guy, a person you would love to hang with.  But it does not come across at the Bell or on television.  What comes across is a guy you find it hard to cheer for.  I don’t get it, but I think management and Carey himself would do well to try to figure it out.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

23. Bill J says:

Dumbest post I’ve read from you in months.  And that says a lot!

PK Subban > Darche

Cammalleri > Darche

Markov > Darche

and that’s just 3 examples.

Do you ever grow tired of sounding like a fool ?

24. Bill J says:

I would gladly pay Bell Center admission price to see YOU “get treated exactly the way you deserve it” in MY arbitrary opinion of how you should be treated.

I bet MANY here would join me for this Joyous event.

:D

25. joeybarrie says:

EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD HAS THE GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO ACT LIKE A BAFOON… Just like every single person in the world has the god given right to breath. Whether they contribute to society is a whole different question. We are to be tolerant (to an extent) of the useless and ridiculous ones.

Also, you have the RIGHT to BOOO….  They also have the RIGHT to kick you out, take your money and leave you with nothing but a scene in front of 300 people for your hard earned $40 (PLUS 15% TAX)…

Happy with his performance is a relevent term. Some people actually think that some actors are worth listening to for their poitical and religious ideas. Tom Cruise comes to mind. Now the man can act, but for me it ends at that. I wont refuse to see him act because of his crazy actions and ideas outside of a movie…

Let me ask you this question.

Two players are having a tough time in a particular game. Not performing well, and getting booed and yelled at by the crowd. Showing their displeasure at the fact that he is clearly having a hard time. The booing gets louder and of course for some crazy reason his play does not improve. People start throwing things and talking about it in the papers, and in the area that they play in…

One player is an NHL goalie, the other is a 13 year old kid playing AA.

Make it an 18 year old kid in the AHL struggling to make it, and the other a 30 year old playing soccer in a beer league at the local park.

One is making what we consider to be ALOT of money, and the other isnt. So because of his Salary and his Age it makes it ok for the people to yell, throw and insult him. But not the 13 year old. Whoever throws the penny that hits him in the face at the end of the game belongs in jail… SAME FAN DIFFERENT ARENA.  Is this the society we are striving to create? Is this how we want the rest of the world to think of when they think of Canadians?

Booing someone in a HERO’S uniform. Booing him is YOUR hero’s uniform. Pretty low on the character ladder if you ask me.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

26. mike g says:

Now that’s called innovative technology…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

27. Chorske says:

«Les gens sont courtois quand ils me rencontrent en ville. Aucun n’est venu me lancer au visage que je suis pourri. Dans une foule, les gens sont beaucoup plus courageux.» – C. Price, quoted on RDS

And this is exactly why I think booing is chickenshit and cowardly.

28. JIMVINNY says:

LOL @ miley Cyrus movies.  Guess that’s what happens when you’re not old enough to get into real movies.

29. mike g says:

And there we go, I’ve found my answer….

Thanks for pointing out just why Montreal Canadiens fans just don’t get it.

See, you said actors get multiple chances to get a good performance, while atheletes don’t have that luxury. Well, I’m sorry but last time I checked an NHL season is 82 games. If you ask me, that qualifies as multiple chances.

And last night wasn’t even game 1. So we’ve played 0 games out of 82, the performances haven’t even started yet, the director isn’t even on the set because it’s practice time, but yet it’s alright to go crazy over a rehersal?

But here, people like too boo at any chance they have.

See, I’m not naive by saying it’s never right to boo. Just like I’m not saying it’s never right to slug someone in the face. Sometimes, each gesture is necessary. But in the end, you gotta pick your spots and evaluate each situation, and make sure that if you’re gonna do something bold, you better make sure it’s for a reason.

And anybody with a sane mind will tell you that last nights pre-season game was not that spot.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

30. Mark C says:

Forced to go to Miley Cyrus movies? I fear you are beginning to show symptoms of Stockholm syndrome.

31. likehoy says:

well that’s just ridiculous cause you can boo a player when you’re watching the game live at the arena, but will you boo the player when you’re watching at home on your television set?

i think the point of booing is to have your voice heard by the victim, not to be socially assured that you are correct by the people that surround you.

if you didn’t like leo dicaprio’s performance in inception, then you should go to the next red carpet event and boo him when he’s walking down. don’t boo a screen that can’t hear you.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

32. Say Ash says:

Can you walk out of a lousy game and get your money back, or some tickets to another game?

33. SeriousFan09 says:

That’s what makes a bad movie even worse, they have many chances to get every scene right and we still see bad special effects, wooden acting or crappy dialogue. Hockey players are at the end of the day, system or not, making it up as they go.

There a few movies I could think of booing that trump any train wreck the Canadiens have ever dumped at my door.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

34. TheDagger says:

I think you should boo whoever made you go to see a Miley Cyrus movie.

35. TripleX says:

Actors get multiple chances to get a good performance on film, athletes don’t have that luxury.  I suppose if you really want to compare athletes with actors an arguement can be made for theatre actors having only one chance for a performance.

As for booing, of course you have every right to boo.  I have booed at every Miley Cyrus movie I am forced to go to, discretly yes. but I have booed.

Was it fair to boo Carey Price?  No, but life is hardly ever fair and he is a big boy and is paid well so get over it.  If he can’t take the heat management will move him and expecting people not to boo is naive.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

36. JIMVINNY says:

Here’s the problem, Mike.  You are capable of the odd rational thought once in a while :).  The fans that boo, however… Not so much.

37. tleblanc says:

Well you could but you do realize one is a live event and the other isn’t. So in the hockey game they interaction is heard by the very performers you are trying to affect by the emotion you convey, while at the theater you’re only going to raise the ire of some big galoot who doesn’t have a set of boards and glass between he and you. So please, be my guest, have at it.

Hockey players wear numbers because you can’t always identify the body with dental records. ~Author Unknown

38. JIMVINNY says:

One of my favorite parts of last night was when douchyMcquaid tried to lay a hit on Pouliot after he had just passed off the puck, and instead ended up flat on his a$$, courtesy of Pouliot’s shoulder.  Good to see that that extra weight is paying off, without sacrificing any of his speed.  And that shot he ripped over rask’s head was a laser.

39. Jordio-oh says:

irrelvance, your honor. leo did a great job in that film.

40. mike g says:

Hmmm….

I see, so maybe I should conduct myself in a respectful and responsable manner then, and not boo if I’m not happy with Leo.

Alright, so I guess I’ll act with that same dignity when I go to,…….say….a sporting event.

Thanks.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

41. wotever says:

I know people get rusty in the off season, but come on, what kind of a crappy play was that?

Booing?  I mean if Richard T. Fan doesn’t clean up his act soon… He’s been crapping the bed for two years with those boos.

Good news for the Dick’s out there:  pre-season doesn’t matter.

You’ll have to speak up – I’m wearing a towel.

42. LA Loyalist says:

the real question: is “aixelsyd” dyslexia spelled backwards or versa vice?

43. Mark C says:

I’ll take one of those. Players come and go, but that shirt will never go out of style.

44. avatar_58 says:

Don’t tell ME to relax, I’m one of the “leave Carey price alone!!!” guys ;)

Also let’s see more of Subban, every pre-season game please. SUBBAN. :D And not just because he’s my man-crush player. Haha