Audio: Darkness at noon

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Mike Cammalleri | Josh Gorges | Jeff Halpern | Louis Leblanc | Aaron Palushaj

As expected, Mike Cammalleri had the best quip about the lights going out at morning practice:

“It was weird playing in the dark and not being able to see the puck,” Cammalleri said.

“For some guys, it’s like that all the time. I won’t name names.”

Bell Centre fans will get a look at Louis Leblanc, Gabriel Dumont, and Jarred Tinordi against the Bruins on Wednesday night.

And Aaron Palushaj, obtained from St. Louis last season in the deal that sent Matt D’Agostini to the Blues, will line up with Cammalleri (a fellow University of Michigan guy) and Tomas Plekanec.

Jacques Martin will play Team A: Sanford, Price, Spacek, Gorges, Tinordi, St. Denis, Weber, Gill, Cammalleri, Plekanec, Halpern, Moen, Dumont, Lapierre, Palushaj, Pouliot, Maxwell, Leblanc, Conboy, Pyatt

An interesting alignment on the Team B rink: Lars Eller on the wing with Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta.

Martin heaped praise on Eller for his speed, shot, vision, hockey sense and willingness to go to the net.

Is this Plan E if either Pouliot or AK46 falters as a Top Six forward?

Lights still out.

Pauline Marois accuses Geoff Molson of  stiffing Hydro-Quebec.

•  •  •

Lights just went out at the rink.

Or I’m having a stroke.

•  •  •

This morning’s entertainment in the pressbox:

Andie Bennett reading from 50 Cent’s Twitter account.

•  •  •

When he meets the media at 12:20, Jacques Martin will let us know who’s playing tomorrow night

The Canadiens and Bruins are obliged to dress eight players with NHL experience (defined as at least 30 games last season or 100 career).

Also, a first-round draft choice – Louis Leblanc, Jarred Tinordi, Max Pacioretty – counts against the limit.

The big question: Who’s starting in nets?

Like there’s any mystery …

•  •  •

The post-cut lineups:

Team A: Sanford, Price, Spacek, Gorges, Tinordi, Urquhart, St. Denis, Weber, Gill, Bisaillon, Cammalleri, Plekanec, Halpern, Moen, Dumont, Lapierre, Schultz, Palushaj, Pouliot, Maxwell, Fortier, Leblanc, Conboy, Pyatt

Team B: Auld, Delmas, Mayer, O’Byrne, Henry, Picard, Nash, Klubertanz, Carle, Subban, Desnoyers, Gomez, Boyd, Gionta, Avtsin, AK46, Wyman, Russell, Darche, White, Desharnais, Engqvist, Pacioretty, Bonneau, Eller

•  •  •

Proofreaders wanted.

The back page of the Canadiens training camp guide is the 2010-’11 schedule.

It’s laid out in this sequence: September-October-January-February-November-December-March-April

•  •  •

Boston top pick Tyler Seguin has been playing on a line with Patrice Bergeron and Mark Recchi.

Seguin was born on Jan 31, 1992  by – by which time Recchi had been in the NHL for three years.

•  •  •

Best name on the Boston roster: Jordan LaVallée-Smotherman, the pride of Corvallis, Oregon.

•  •  •

Sheldon Souray to Columbus?

The Jackets desperately need a trigger-man on the PP.

Rumour has Mike Commodore going to Edmonton.

•  •  •

NHL. com posts a video explaining the new head-shot rules.

•  •  •

The Tampa Bay training camp PP: Vinny, Martin St. Louis, Steven Stamkos, Simon Gagné and Pavel Kubina.

Not too shabby.

1. Sith says:

Pre-season squads are so random, and that makes it much more difficult to predict. I rather wait for regular season, then at that point I’ll mix my 1 game 1 player and use either the impacts or the Als for the win.

Good luck tonight.

(My picks: sens, panthers)

2. Storm Man says:

You need to pick better teams in football :).

3. TomNickle says:

Eller, Leblanc, Kristo, Lapierre, Avtsin, Pacioretty, Palushaj.

The depth for big, capable scoring forwards is growing by the month.  Lots of guys on the hot seat in my opinion and ak46 is at the top of the list.

Benny, Lappy(but i think he’ll rise to the occasion),

The most exciting thing about Leblanc, Eller and Avtsin is that they embrace the spotlight, pressure and criticism and want to be elite players.

They don’t appear to be willing to rest on their laurels.

4. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Would love to see it, but he just seems to lack focus. Its like he forgets that he’s playing…

“When I was a baby I wish my first word had been “QUOTE”, then right before I die I could say “UNQUOTE” – Stephen Wright

5. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m interested to see how he does SK-free, but my patience is thin. Those great hands, that thundering check… Used effectively he’s 35G a season easily while intimidating the opposition.

6. Muckbringer says:

…also oct 2nd

7. Muckbringer says:

i show tomorrow, the 27th and the 30th on rds

8. mike g says:

I agree.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

9. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Agree, I’d like to see Puoliot develope into our PF. More Canadian born players please (any language will do). However if AK can turn it on I won’t be cryin’ in my soup either.

10. mike g says:

Hey…

I’d rather bet on preseason hockey than football. I don’t like cheering for a team to lose by less than 6 points, or a team having to win by 13 points. I find it rediculous, and not fun at all…

Preseason hockey is good enough. Alot of teams like Toronto are nice picks tonight. Playing at home, with alot of their better rookies playing, and Ottawa dressing their 3rd squad.

Not saying it’s a gurantee, but my guess is Toronto will play with more urgency, seeing that their rookies actually have a shot at making the team. If I’m a rookie for SJ, I know my chances are very slim to crack the roster….

ya know

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

11. rocketsglare says:

Hey Boone, was Cammalleri calling out Kostitsyn and Pouliot when he made that quip? Because if he did,

good for him.

I think the big question mark is AK46. For all his supposed talent he lacks anything called drive or passion for the game and he appears to be dumber than he looks and sounds. Sorry but I have nothing good to say about him. My take is that if he doesn’t score 25 goals by the new year he’s gone for draft picks. There are too may prospects knocking on the door and he’s got one foot out the door by all appearances. Next season he’s gone at any rate and will more than likely end up in the KHL.

13. JIMVINNY says:

I agree with what you’re saying Chuck, but the problem is that in making the rule the way you suggest, Spacek’s hit on Booth last year would be an illegal hit.  In a situation like that, where Booth is leading with his head, what do you feel that Spacek should do?  If he lets up, he risks allowing Booth a scoring chance.

Players HAVE to be responsible for their own bodies, and that is what the NHL is trying to get across.  They’re trying to protect players from hits they cant see coming, but they’re not going to protect players from being careless.

14. Sith says:

Mise-O-Jeu on preseason hockey? You must be outta your mind!

I heard that they might reduce the number of games to 2. My guess is they’ll reduce the odds as well.

Its much better in Ontario where you can bet on ONE game.

It’s chewable and makes for a good document to pee on for SD puppies.

16. SeriousFan09 says:

That’s also because they’ve got a number of their roster players still ranked as prospects on their chart I think so it’s artificially raising their ranking.

17. ZepFan2 says:

Nyet.

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler

18. warriorhockey says:

is the next game after tomorrow on tv ??

19. derfab says:

Injuries are part of the game, especially for players who skate, hit, fight and actually go to the net for their team.

I love Gomez for his speed and peskiness but he is a full notch below Vinny in every respect.

If injured, Gomez can be replaced. If TB does anything this year it will only be because Lecavalier is healthy.

20. andrewberkshire says:

I’ve lost a bit of respect for Hockey’s Future, they have the Leafs ranked 6th overall in team prospects. That’s a joke.

21. HabFanSince72 says:

Lecavalier healthy is a  better player than Gomez.

22. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

I think the reasoning behind that is a skater should have their head up at this level and be aware of their surroundings.

If you can see the guy coming at you, you should protect yourself. It’s when you aren’t able to see and aren’t able to protect yourself that the checker is penalized.

23. HabFanSince72 says:

Good points overall, but in fairness to Yzerman he inherited a total mess and he’s only been there for a few months. He has made some very good moves so far, not the least of which was stealing Guy Boucher from us.

Also, comparing VInny and Gomez on the basis of assists rather than goals or points shows a bit of bad faith.

24. Chuck says:

So it’s OK to target the head as long as the guy can see you coming? I’m sorry, but that’s ridiculous.

If a player is responsible for showing restraint by not throwing a hit to the head when the other player can’t see it coming, then that same player should also be held responsible for not throwing a hit to the head when the other player should be able to see it coming.

With this scenario, the NHL is putting the blame of the head shot on the guy that gets hit.

25. HabFanSince72 says:

Very cheap tix available on ebay.

26. notbigbird says:

Given it’s Montreal, the French superhero was awfully tempting.

27. SeriousFan09 says:

He did inherit a mess, but I’ve grown tired of the media annointing him a saint and a group here convinced that Yxerman has already made the TBL better than the Habs so I thought I’d point out a few things and the team is not a definite playoff contender or really better than MTL aside from MTL having no one like Stamkos.

I compared them because of contract size and position on the team, Lecavalier is a much better goal scorer but his injuries are hacking away at his talent and his contract is beyond horrific. Lecavalier gets billed as a superstar, but he’s only been a superstar for 2 of his 11 NHL seasons so far and I bet his 3rd isn’t coming up either.

28. Max_a_million says:

He doesn’t drink either, go figure his avatar heh?!?

”Last season we couldn’t win at home and we were losing on the road. My failure was that I couldn’t think of any place else to play.” – Harry Neale

29. andrewberkshire says:

Yeah I remember the thread. I just thought it was hilariously ironic.

30. mike g says:

LOL, yeah….

That was a negotiated bet, and I think I have excellent chances of winning it (AK getting 65+ pts??!!! lol) . Plus, if I lose it costs me a night out with the winners.

So not really a bet, but I’ll still run up the tab.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

31. GrimJim says:

Geez, it’s Montreal. You can probably find a scalper outside the Bell Centre right now…

32. andrewberkshire says:

I’m wondering how accurate those scouting reports are, considering Connolly absolutely refused to get an MRI for every team that was interested in him, and also refused to share pertinent medical information.

33. TorontoHabsFan says:

Ah, thanks! I was thinking for a minute that he was referring to Gagne, but I thought he was drafted much later in the 1st round.

cheers!

34. SeriousFan09 says:

I’ll take Schultz fat over Conboy skinny personally, seen Conboy already in the Hammer, unremarkable would be generous.

35. JSP1990 says:

Brett Connolly, who has been very injury-prone through his Junior days and refused to get an MRI done to show teams he’s healthy. Terrible pick by TB. And the kid needs an attitude adjustment too.

36. andrewberkshire says:

I love how the guy who’s not a big sports gambler has a sports bet in his signature. Absolutely gold!

37. SeriousFan09 says:

At the time, Lecavalier was still 1 season removed from a 40G season and two removed from a 50G effort so it wasn’t nuts really but looking at Lecavalier today, it’s clear Gainey won out on that deal being nixed, much like Komisarek chasing the money in TO and Kovalev dithering in 2009 leaving MTL to snap up Gionta. Sometimes, it’s the backup deal that is the one that is best for the club, not to mention the Gomez deal brought in Pyatt. I imagine there are some deals that would have bettered the club over the years that Gainey didn’t pull off as well but given the nature of the Habs FO, we’ll never know what they were.

38. soflohabsfan says:

Brett Connolly Tampa 1st round(6th overall) miss the first half of last season with hip issues. Most scouting reports say that it will no effect his game long term, but I understand what he means by it.

39. SmartDog says:

There’s a training camp guide?   What’s it like?

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

40. Da Hema says:

Good comparing and contrasting effort!

————————

“There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge….”

–Hunter S. Thompson

41. ed lopaz says:

did you hear martin’s comments about schultz?

“out of shape, and not quick enough yet – not ready”.

42. ed lopaz says:

Hello SF,

after reading your post, I could not help but wonder the following:

why would gainey offer price in a deal for vinny, and why would gainey only go after gomez once that

deal was nixed by the previous tampa owners??

no disrespect intended to you or your post – but obviously gainey’s FIRST choice was vinny over gomez.

why is that?

43. TorontoHabsFan says:

If the Montreal Canadiens had used their 6th overall pick to select a
    prospect who barely played last season because of bad hips, Gainey and
    PG would have been burned in effigy outside the Bell Centre.

Just curious, what player are you talking about here?

44. j2c says:

Try stubhub or fanxchange.com

45. mike g says:

Best thing about preseason hockey…..

Being able to play Mise-O-Jeu and not having to include a tennis match in order to have the minimum of 3 selections.

Honestly, I’m not a big sports gambler. A little 2$ or max 5$ here and there, mixing a couple of wins and ties with hockey.

And I’m glad that it all begins tonight!!!!  Maybe I can make a few moneys with some good home-dogs tonight….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

What do PG and Tony have in common?

One’s a Vermontonian and the other is a VerminTonyan

47. SeriousFan09 says:

Pronger being used to showcase a legal hit… epic fail.

48. Harani says:

Guys, It’s my dad’s bday tomoro and he was supposed to be out of town for a meeting but it turns out he will in Mtl. I was wondering if you know any place I can find tickeets for tomorrow’s game. Any help would be appreciated! Thanx!

“It must be love!”

49. AndyF says:

In case no one’s been to the Centre Sportif Bell, here are a few photos:

AndyF

50. mike g says:

The win defenitely goes to Tampa for one reason…

We have the Vermontian PG, while they have Yzerman.

Stevie Y is the new Chuck Norris, can’t beat him.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

51. jrshabs1 says:

Go Habs Go!!!

52. jrshabs1 says:

Go Habs Go!!!

53. Kooch7800 says:

That sucks. I want to see this kid in action!

54. Chuck says:

Has anyone checked out the NHL video concerning headshots? A check to the head from the blindside is illegal, but a check from the front, to the head, is still legal.

The NHL’s point of view? It’s the responsibility of the player who’s going to be hit to be aware of who’s on the ice, and to get out of the way. That’s like arresting a shooting victim for not being able to dodge the bullet.

Take a look at the 3:00 minute mark of the video for an example of a hit delivered by Pronger as to what constitutes a legal hit.

So the NHL isn’t really making hits to the head illegal; only the manner in which they’re delivered. NHL rules committee = fail.

55. Kooch7800 says:

lol nice read.  Good points.  I see you have thought about this quite a bit.

I believe Mtl has some fantastic prospects currently but we have a lot of question marks going into this season, ie. Ak 46, Pouliot, Price, Eller, and Boyd.  I think this team will do just fine though. As long as they can stay out of the IR they should make the playoffs.

The question marks make it more interesting and i think the majority of them will succeed with flying colours.

56. SeriousFan09 says:

I am applying a different standard to Lecavalier, but that’s because of his billing, he has twice in his whole career posted the real Superstar number and Gomez while not as flashy or talented has solidly produced for most of his NHL career, had Gionta not missed time, Gomez would easily have hit 50 again last season.

57. SeriousFan09 says:

Official Canadiens site has Schultz sitting out tommorow night’s match, rather see him over Conboy.

58. matraque says:

2 times for Koivu as well.

——

Canadien en 5!

Never go Full Retard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwGRJA28lY&feature=related

59. riazp says:

Fantastic post! Your right about the gomez vs lecavalier comparision…Just that they are not really the same type of player i.m.o…Lecavalier is a goal scorer, gomez creates the play on the rush.

But your right about the health aspect, gomez never really had a serious injury, and the contract situation is bang on, I never saw it that way, his contract is up and we will have funds to sign the subbans of the world.

Fantastic post, Great job buddy

Yeah, but PG lives in the Vermonts

61. sholi2000.com says:

Thanks for the great read.

I laugh every time I hear someone praise TB.  No defense, No Goaltending, and two guys that can play hockey.

They Call Me Shane

62. avatar_58 says:

Going to the leafs/sens game tonight, wearing my Kovalev shirt :)

Unfortunately l’artiste isn’t playing :(

63. SeriousFan09 says:

Did you know?

- Scott Gomez has hit 50 assists or more in 4 of his 10 NHL seasons including his rookie season.

- Vincent “Superstar” Lecavalier has hit 50 assists or more in 2 in his 11 NHL seasons.

Scott Gomez to date has had no major injuries that required surgery that would lead to inhibiting his talents.

Vincent Lecavalier has to date, had surgery on his shoulder, twice on his wrist and this summer underwent knee surgery, there has been a notable decline in his game since these surgeries have taken place. I hear good wrists are handy for scoring goals.

Scott Gomez’s contract ends after the 2013-14 season.  Most of the team’s young players will will still be RFAs when this occurs.

Vincent Lecavalier’s contract ends after the 2019-2020 season. For perspective, P.K. Subban will have celebrated his 30th birthday when this happens.

If the Montreal Canadiens had used their 6th overall pick to select a prospect who barely played last season because of bad hips, Gainey and PG would have been burned in effigy outside the Bell Centre.

Guy Boucher has yet to coach 1 NHL game?

Martin St. Louis is 35 years old and his  new 4-year extension kicks in when he’s 36? It’s a 35+ contract so it can not come off the salary cap and it’s a hit of 5.625 a year? Better hope he doesn’t slown down any time soon?

Montreal’s own small speedster, Brian Gionta has his contract end at age 35, now doesn’t that sound reasonable?

Ryan Malone, the best power forward option for TB is locked in at 4.5 million with an NTC until 2015?

Montreal’s options for PF are Andrei Kostitsyn and Benoit Pouliot, while both not terribly reliable, combined add up to 4.6 million and PG can pick up the phone and get rid of them both tommorow?

Neither Mike Smith nor Dan Ellis have held down a No. 1 goaltending job in the NHL?

The TB top G prospect Dustin Tokarski was a WJC hero for Canada, but we know those guys are terribly unreliable so the TB Lightning have no future in net?

The 4-7 defencemen in the TPB organization are Brett Clark, Randy Jones, Mike Lundin and Matt Smaby? Yes you remember Smaby’s name because its’ a bit funny but who are these guys? I have no idea either!!!

Montreal’s Bottom-6 today is Tom Pyatt, Travis Moen, Max Lapierre, Lars Eller, Dustin Boyd and Jeff Halpern. Tampa Bay’s Bottom-6 today is Dominic Moore, Ted Purcell, Sean Bergenheim, Nate Thompson, Blair Jones and Chris Durno? Advantage to who? Hint, it isn’t a welfare case team in a Southern State.

64. riazp says:

“- The Leafs are fighting with themselves and with women. So, basically they’re fighting with women…”

That made my day, thank you

65. Chuck says:

Andie Bennett could read the ingredients off of a cereal box and she’d still hold my attention.  :)

66. Storm Man says:

Hmmmm nice lineup, Conboy and Schultz on the same line? that would be alot of fun :)

67. riazp says:

Its only pre-season but still better than no hockey at all…I will be watching it to kill time till the ultimate fighter is on…Should be interesting to see how Leblanc reacts to a full bell center croud…and how he plays vs nhl players, well some at least. Price and sanford will be splitting the nets…I thing sanford should have been the back up this year and save money on auld.

68. mrhabby says:

Pauline Marois..have nothing better to do with your time..get a life lady, MLA..whatever.

69. HFX-HabFan says:

I don’t think it’s the first time the lights have gone out at Brossard.  What’s wrong with the place?

70. Rugger says:

Excellent post

71. ckckckc says:

Is RDS going to have the online broadcast package? I can’t seem to find a link on the site.

Let me know!

~live and let live~ GO HABS GO!

Ck

72. Da Hema says:

“Lights just went out at the rink. Or I’m having a stroke.”

Heheh….

————————

–Hunter S. Thompson

73. mike g says:

A few random thaughts on this Exhibition eve….

- Tampa Bay already has the #1 ranked PP in the league, even though the season hasn’t started yet.

- Rumor has it, if the NHL goes to the Winter Olympics in Russia in 2014, the Tampa Bay Lightining will be participating in the Mens Ice Hockey tournament. The IIHF and the NHL are so impressed by Yzerman’s “bold” moves, that they think the Lightning will be able to matchup well against countries like Canada, Sweeden, Russia, etc…Tampa is already the favorites to win the Olympics.

- Pouliot and AK are fighting for their spots, and JM says their top 6 roles will not be given to them like they were last year. Apparently AK is really mad, because alcoholic drinks and bad haircuts will also not be given to him this year.

- Benoit “Oyoyoyoye” Brunet was supposed to be fired or let go by RDS this year. This was confirmed a few months ago, and I remember Joel “I move my hands too much” Bouchard was gonna replace him. Then, listening to the french radio last week, I heard that Brunet will be braught back this year because they were unable to complete the change in time for the start of the year or something. Just great news….

- Finally, many people not called experts are trying to convince themselves and people on forums that the Leafs will finish higher than the Habs. IMO, this story is entirely linked with a mass shipment of “bad buzz” green grass that apparently arrived in Canada last week. Other symptoms include blaming the Habs for not having enough frenchmen on their roster.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

74. oshawahabsfan says:

Their powerplay is hilarious in a slapstick Stooges kind of way

75. SeriousFan09 says:

Anyone know how Phaneuf ever got 20G in a season? Spacek looks better taking slapshots.

76. Propwash says:

Sens nearly had a shorty there.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

77. jbroderi says:

pictures of Boone at the beach might get the comments going!  hahaha

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

78. ZepFan2 says:

“Yes, he stopped the pucks and made unbelievable saves, but we blocked so
    many shots, we killed so many penalties and they had the kind of players
    on the power play that can kill you at any time. We did a hell of a
    job.” – Tomas Pleckanec

Takes a team to win, Antointrolly.

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler

79. ZepFan2 says:

You really think that’s wise, just before lunch?

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler

80. Chuck says:

Better than seeing them just after lunch…  ;)

81. GrimJim says:

Didn’t you post this in July under the name Tony?

82. ZepFan2 says:

Touche!

————————————————————————

- Steven Tyler

83. Psycho29 says:

Geez…And the season hasn’t even started yet!

84. ABHabsfan says:

It’s called being a “fan”, jack-ass. And Kool-aid starts with a “K”

85. JIMVINNY says:

Another Tony Alias.  This time a little more “femme”…

86. arcosenate says:

Now that’s funny. Toronto ahead of Montreal? I heard that alot last year too. Love to put some cash on that prediction…

87. havok says:

C’mon guys, don’t react LOL… Not worth it…

Lets just enjoy Hockey and talk about the “game” tomorrow…

88. mike g says:

Please take your expert opinion to one of these sites, please….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

Let them eat cake, eh Mary Tony242? You forgot to mention PG and BG standing pat!

Plus ca change, plus tu est incompetant!

90. Propwash says:

Poor nancy.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

91. likehoy says:

and today’s tony award goes to……!

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

92. newbrunswick troy says:

Oh i,m sorry i just had to comment, First of all i love your pestimistic view (you just want everybody to underpromise and over deliver) thats cool,  however a couple of quick points reference this team…A) on paper it looks as good as this team has looked in many a year!!!b) never a bad idea to trade a stock at its high price I.E Halak, C) don,t underestimate that deal because Lars Eller is very highly touted!!!D) in the parity of the nhl, the habs just might again only finnish 9th and miss playoffs, however the might finnish 8th and go to conference finals!!!! or maybe even finnish 1st and bow out to the 8th in first round!!!!!

****nobody has a crystal ball…..but with a little optimism maybe lifes a little funner*******

93. Propwash says:

Oh, and by the way…. you is wrong!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

94. avatar_58 says:

88 88 88 88 88 88 88 88
    HALAK HALAK HALAK HALAK
    GAINEYSUCKS

95. OneTimer says:

Hahahahahahaaahhhahhah!!…..Leafs.

96. Curtis O Habs says:

Even a leaf fan can spell ‘ kool aid ‘, can`t they?

97. jbroderi says:

if you think they are nobodys thats fine, because you are the ultimate somebody, aren’t you??  Of course we will still cheer for the team management gave us.  Do you ever read these forums??  We are always bitching about everything that management does, but we still route for the team!!  We are a par team, who has a chance to finish anywhere from 5th to 11th.  Toronto has had the worst penalty killing for the past 2 years, and now with more “toughness” you think they will be better??  Use your head!  Wilson should and will be fired in the next 16 months.

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

98. Sheldon says:

“Coolade” is the proper spelling of a prescription-strength hallucinogenic that has been popular with Maple Leaf fans since the spring of 1967.

99. Rugger says:

Boone, you need more creative ways to bump up the comments number.

100. oshawahabsfan says:

Former Habs prospect Corey Locke makes it 3-0 Ottawa

101. Propwash says:

Loke scores. 3-0 lol

leafs SUUUUUCK!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

102. mrhabby says:

6 years out of playoffs..burke will do anything not for that to happen.

103. derfab says:

T.O. could be fun to watch but they will not compete for a playoff spot. They will need to develop some offence of their own (they have none)and be very disciplined in their “truculence” to finish out of the bottom 4. Though they might intimidate some teams in the first half, when power plays start to click and opposing vets get serious, there will be a fork in many a maple leaf’s butt.

104. pic1983 says:

Agreed.  Also, their big weakness the last few years has been their penalty kill.  With all the “truculence” they are poised to once again be one of the league leaders in penalty minutes, and theyve made no real additions to bolster their abysmal penalty kill.  Eklund is smoking some of that crazy stuff if he really thinks the leafs will finish higher than the habs.

105. HabFanSince72 says:

Also their PP was 30th in the league despite having PP specialists Tomas Kaberle and Phil Kessel.

106. Harani says:

Let’s play a game…what is Kris Versteeg thinking right now?

“It must be love!”

107. oshawahabsfan says:

“I wish I was still playing mens league, our powerplay was better”

108. SeriousFan09 says:

“I don’t care if it takes me the rest of my life, I will GET STAN BOWMAN BACK FOR THIS!!!!”

109. Puck Bard says:

Man, is this what it’s gonna be like playing for the Leafs? What was I thinking?

110. Willy the bum says:

“…but I was just in Toronto… on MY VACATION!!!”

———-

…happy as a panda…

111. slapshot777 says:

I should be captain of this team instead of that idiot Phaneuf. He hasn’t a clue.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

112. saskhabfan says:

“why is one of my testicles more swollen then the other two?”

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

113. showey47 says:

“wow,could we ever use huet right now.”

114. habs-hampton says:

Hmmm… I wonder if the KHL is still looking for players?

115. Caper says:

Wake up! Wake uuuuuuuuup! Please let this be the 2nd dream episode from Dallas.

116. avatar_58 says:

So….the captain is……?

I mean camp is over yes? He said camp and not pre-season.

117. Malreg says:

Training camp ends when the regular season begins.

118. slapshot777 says:

Good going Showey, show them just how stupid they really look. The Sportsnet crew should be auditioning for the circus rather than talking about a hockey game.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

119. LA Loyalist says:

God that series would have been fun (and yes we would have beaten Leafs, no question).

And I was living in LA at the time watching the series in a bar in Santa Monica by myself – no one from here cared, even with the Kings in the finals.

“20 Games to a new tagline.”

120. LA Loyalist says:

Nice tagline. You’re setting the bar high.

“20 games to a new tagline.”

121. Da Hema says:

Danno: what are you trying to say?

————————

–Hunter S. Thompson

122. showey47 says:

Just like having a little fun at the expense of the leaf loving sports media. Since they like to take cheap shots at the habs every chance they get,i’m just returning the favour.

123. Propwash says:

Buncha leafblowers….

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

124. Sheldon says:

The Habs would have beaten them, but it probably would have gone more than fives games on emotion alone. Then again, with Roy between the pipes, they might have swept them! Ah, like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop, the world will never know!

125. Sheldon says:

Let’s shorten this one up: (LEAFS SUCK)^oo!

126. SeriousFan09 says:

New Puck Daddy quick feature on Tommy Jagr.

127. HFX-HabFan says:

From below, not that I’m advocating for the TB blueline by any stretch, but you may recall Randy Jones as the guy who concussed Patrice Bergeron, and Brett Clark actually began his career here in Montreal way back when.

128. Muckbringer says:

incase anyone isnt aware of the pre season tv schedule..

129. sholi2000.com says:

Free Preview until 26 Oct.

I ordered mine today.  If you love to watch hockey CI is the way to go.

If you just love to watch the habs, then CI is not for you. Get RDS, and listen to CJAD at the same time.

They Call Me Shane

130. nigel-ski says:

I wish I could see more footage of practices and training camp here in Toronto.  It’s just so hard to judge how the new guys look other wise…  Is tomorrow’s game televised?  I’m itching for my Habs fix…

Habs rule, leafs drool. Cammalleri rocks

131. Muckbringer says:

doesnt synch up

132. Muckbringer says:

i give up!

133. Puck Bard says:

Any streams for tonight’s pre-season games?

134. Mattyleg says:

Learn French!

;-)

—Hope Springs Eternal—

135. Malreg says:

A lot of talk going on about AK46 not being a top-six forward.  I’m curious, what is everyone’s definition of a “Top 6 forward”?  What is a reasonal goals-per-game average for a top 6 scorer?

A lot of people like to throw around facts like so-and-so isn’t a top 6 forward, and he wouldn’t be a top-6 on a lot of teams, but I think I could find quite a few top-6 forwards on other teams with comparable stats to AK46.

136. mbplekfan says:

The problem with AK is his amazing potential. The guy has most of the tools to be a 40 goal scorer and a physical forward too.

The problem appears to be between his ears. Whether its his brother, or his wife who is now in MTL, or just plain stupidity we will find out soon enough.

137. Malreg says:

Totally agree, but it’s not like he’s producing like a 4th liner…  In the last 3 years, his Goals-per-game average, 0.30, is in the same ballpark as Frolov (0.31), Samuelsson (0.275), Holmstrom (0.34), Hartnell (0.296), Kovalev (0.316), Lupul (0.28), Pominville (0.316).  All of these examples are top 6 forwards on 7 different teams, and almost all of them are paid more as well.

Yet people are saying that unless he scores 40 goals this year he won’t even be in the NHL next year?

138. scrowe21 says:

Im still looking too.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

139. adamkennelly says:

everyone one of the guys you mentioned bring more and some of them a lot more to the game, their team and their teamates than our AK46.  Fairly one dimensional player – if he aint scoring, he aint contributing.

I have some serious concerns about the fact that 2 of our top 6 are question marks.  My take is – if either one of them or both falter out of the gates – they will be moved.  Don’t get me wrong, I hope we get 20 and 25 out of them but I think those are pretty high hopes – maybe one produces but both – quite a stretch.

140. HFX-HabFan says:

http://www.rajangan.net/ has some listed.  Hope that helps.

141. SeriousFan09 says:

ESPN reporting that Marc Savard may miss the season.

Oh I’m really looking forward to Matt Cooke getting the **** kicked out of him again.

142. JIMVINNY says:

After the anthem in the leafs-sens game, they played a little ditty that ended with “whoa, this is Canada’s team…” and showed a leafs logo.  Bunch of morons.  Apparently they haven’t talked to anyone in Canada aside from T.O. residents.

143. Yeats says:

Wouldn’t it be a hoot to see them relegated. New club motto: “You’ll Never Cry Alone!”

144. JIMVINNY says:

Kaberle takes the first penalty of the preseason.  haha.

145. Sheldon says:

“Thinking about the Toronto Maple Leafs for even ten seconds is ten seconds too much!” Jacques O’Kelly

It angers me how the attitude is all about “we control” everything.

The Toronto media makes me feel very ill, as a matter of fact they are not even Canadians with there self centered attitude.

147. JIMVINNY says:

Winchester gets two wacks at the puck all alone in front, and stuffs the second one through the MONSTER’s five hole.

148. larisalapointe says:

I’ve been reading this stuff for months now and before it would make me mad, now it makes me laugh. I am overdosed on the Halak/Price stuff. I’ve also been reading the Saint-Louis newspapers, and they say the team approached Montreal for Price or Halak, PG gave them Halak. There are a lot of pp in St-L not happy with losing Eller, and worried that Halak is unproven. For the first time all the pressure is on him. The city expects him to get the team to the playoffs. I’m not worried about Price, he already knows pressure.

And yes I am a Price fan. Well not a fan of his per se but a fan of his talent. I grew up watching goalies like Dryden, Esposito, Parent, etc… Price is the only goalie to come along in years that could be that great one day.

149. oshawahabsfan says:

That’s what happens when you rush a player back. I said right when I heard he was making an early return, he’ll be lucky to finish the playoffs and probably won’t play next season

150. SeriousFan09 says:

You would think after the Lindros saga the league would have pulled their heads of their collective rears in regards to concussion awareness and safety.

151. scrowe21 says:

Lol Leafs looking terrible so far.

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

152. Don Carnage says:

Ugh and I have him in my fantasy team along with Paul Kariya ( waived since ) Not much I can pick up to replace him ..

153. JIMVINNY says:

Foligno makes Phaneuf look like a rookie, goes around him and puts it top shelf.

154. SeriousFan09 says:

Canada’s team for perpetual disappointment, Ken Dryden in ’79 wrote he felt robbed because even at that point, the Loafs rivalry with the Habs was symbolic more than anything.

155. JIMVINNY says:

Leafs get gifted a PP on a clean leveling of Armstrong.

156. habs-hampton says:

On a little different angle, yesterday in the Globe and Mail, the Toronto Mayor election stories was posted in the section called “National News”.

That says it all!

157. habs-hampton says:

I guess that will temporarily solve the Bruins salary cap issues.

158. oshawahabsfan says:

Kessels going to score 45, yeah I’ll believe that when I see it

159. slapshot777 says:

I find myself laughing at the first period intermission of a Leaf player. When asked about the play of the leafs in that period, the only thing he could say was that the shot clock was wrong and that it wasn’t 17-5 in favor of he Senators. I didn’t count shots myself but it looked pretty lopsided in favor of the Sens. Looked good on Phaneuf having Foligno go around him and score a nice goal.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

160. oshawahabsfan says:

Hahaha “I’m not sure Komisarek is playing at a level worthy of his salary” – Bill Waters

161. oshawahabsfan says:

You would think so, however seeing with how they’re “dealing” with headshots, the head is still firmly planted

162. slapshot777 says:

Just remember who the commentators are.Watters and Kyperos, if those two are the biggest butt kisser than I don’t know who is.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

163. sholi2000.com says:

That was Allen Frew from Glass Tiger who wrote and sang that song.  Remember it’s Sportsnet Ontario, aka the only province in Canada.  But yeah these guys make me puke with their self proclaimed Canada’s team.

Next on the list is Calgary and wearing the Canadian flag on their shoulder.  They’re not soldiers, policemen or firefighters..ect

You wear the flag you better be representing your country.

They Call Me Shane

164. Yeats says:

I felt cheated in ’93. I wanted to play them for all the marbles and shut their fans up. Hell, the marketing people at the Forum certainly thought we were going to play them. Anyone else out there purchase one of the “error” t-shirts at the ’93 Final with the front heading “A Rivalry Renewed” in French and the historical stats for the Canadiens and the Kings?

165. slapshot777 says:

Leafs jersey looks more like a polo shirt with that collar. Must be to show their blue collar work ethic. Only in this case it’s a white collar, a sign of giving up.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

166. oshawahabsfan says:

Hahaha very true

167. Danno says:

LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK!
    LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK!
    LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS SUCK! LEAFS

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

168. otter649 says:

If The Leafs make the playoffs then coach Ron Wilson will be in the running for coach of the year – Last season 29th overall in standings & goals against & 30th overall in PK & PP & 26th goals scored? Alot to ask for a team to improve but in The NHL you never know. Toronto & Florida are the only two teams not to make the playoffs since the lockout ended……

Nah, I bought the “No way in hell the NHL is gonna have another all Canadian Stanley Cup final and kiss selling the NHL to the U.S. market good-bye” tee-shirt!

170. JIMVINNY says:

Apparently Bettman made a call to the officials room during the intermission, because the refs have given the leafs two consecutive 5 on 3′s.

Edit: make that THREE!

171. Puck Bard says:

Hit-the-shower Play!

172. showey47 says:

Just sent sportsnet an email because bill watters went on a rant about kessel missing 18 or 19 games when it was actually 12. Its only been one period of pre-season hockey and the sportsnet crew has already made themselves look like a bunch of idiots.

173. Puck Bard says:

Three 5-on-3s! Oh this is too rich.

174. gino93 says:

are they only showing one exibition game for the habs on tv

175. oshawahabsfan says:

I think Dumb Dumb Dion has missed the net 20 times already

176. oshawahabsfan says:

Good, they need to hear it

177. JIMVINNY says:

So much for the improved leafs PP.  Ottawa has killed off 5 minor penalties in the first 8 minutes of the second period.

178. Puck Bard says:

Oh this is WAY funnier than The Office.

179. Yeats says:

Mine was a keeper though, a genuine collectable right up there with those US airmail stamps with the upside-down plane.

180. JIMVINNY says:

LOL @ new leaf Mike Brown getting tooled by a very young Jared Cowan.

181. Number31 says:

For the Blues, losing Eller was a hefty price to pay. Similarly, trading Dagger for Palushaj was a steal… But the Blues shouldn’t worry about goaltending. Jaro is a much better goaltender than Mason. But yea, they paid the price for obtaining him…

182. Malreg says:

Don’t forget the patented Komisarek Quadriple Cross-Check!

183. mike g says:

Sorry but I can’t agree….

It’s not because he playes for Toronto, or because he left the Habs, but I just don’t see Komi becoming a good defenseman. The best comparison for him is Craig Rivet. Can’t pass, can’t clear the zone properly, and can’t hit the net with his shot. If an NHL defenseman is unable to do ONE of those, there’s nothing good about him.

Unless he’s a rock solid defender like Volchenkov, there’s no real value in a player like that. They’re called journeymen, like an Aaron Ward.

For every big hit Komi gives out, he gets burned 5 more times. All he does is punch players in the chest, and slash their sticks. Everytime he gets into a fight, he loses.

Nothing he does is worth his price.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

184. avatar_58 says:

Ah, pardon my ignorance.

185. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

4-0!

Hello, Toronto?

186. otter649 says:

He played with Roman Hamerlik as his d partner……..lol

Hammer’s stock just rose.

188. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

5-0!

189. Danno says:

Toronot is elevating sucktitude to an artform.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

190. Sheldon says:

Er, I think you mean suckulence?

191. otter649 says:

Christian Hanson gets into a fight with an Ottawa player & while both players are on the ice shoves Brian Lee’s head into the ice not that hard but the intent was there – I do not think Dad would be proud…….

192. GrimJim says:

It really was old school Tony, wasn’t it? And I was sure the meds were having an effect…

193. GrimJim says:

Doesn’t matter anyway. Unless the Habs go 78-0-4, Tony will use every mistake made as unfailing proof he’s right

194. Sheldon says:

I take it “The Monster” hasn’t been one?

195. Hagar says:

So it looks like Edmonton is definitely gonna try team-building by tanking. Spineless. Hockey minds should be held to a higher standard in Canada.

“It’s my goal to lead the league in 4 minute roughing things” -Scott Gomez

196. sidhu says:

Wow, JM said the report on the Bulldogs from last season was that Palushaj was the Bulldogs’ “best player in the playoffs.”

Nice!  Looks like we actually got a decent player in exchange for D’Ags.

197. WarHero says:

Man, we totally rapped St. Louis in that trade :)

————————————————————————

That Tampa PP has three players who are better than any of our guys.  Yikes!

199. WarHero says:

All I see is Stamkos, lol

I’d also be willing to bet that both Vinny and Simon get hurt this year :)

————————————————————————

200. SeriousFan09 says:

Our PP quarterback is better and I’d call it an even-odds bet for Plekanec matching or exceeding Lecavalier in scoring this season. Also, St. Louis had his breakout season at about 29, Cammalleri just hit 28 after an incredible playoff performance. Stamkos obviously but Cammy is set for a big season and with our new PK personnel, Pleks will have more energy to dedicate to offensive output.

Besides, who’s on that 2nd PP unit in TB? Malone and Moore?

201. MathMan says:

Define “better”.

In the context of playing on the PP, I doubt that very, very much. Montreal’s PP has been top-5 since the lockout every year but one. I don’t see that Tampa’s guys are “better” at executing a power play, especially with the Habs having Markov who, in my book, is better at it than anyone on Tampa’s roster (and is arguably the best PP point man on Earth).

202. Mothstoflame says:

Man,  Why isnt shultzy playing against the bruins.  He said he wants to play like lucic,  why not try and see him up close for a game,  I think the B’s would be a good first game for shutlz.  And im looking forward for this guy

Cammy loves playing in preesure-mad Montreal.

204. JF says:

Steve, thanks for the link.  I think that’s the best article on Cammy that I’ve read.  It’s great on his determination and the spark that makes him a special player.

The other day you asked me about the Summit.  I wasn’t really planning to go; I’m a very private person and don’t really enjoy crowds and drinking, but I’ll give it some thought.

205. rocketsglare says:

I think Cammalleri was being more than funny with that quip.

Tom Poti takes a pay cut to extend his contract with Washington.  Smart move.

207. HabFanSince72 says:

Another player our two geniuses failed to sign.

Robert – Park your Hab heart for a minute!

Vinny is better than Gomez or Pleks.

St Louis is better than Gionta.

Stamkos is better than any Hab.

Cammy is better than Gagne.

Markov is better than any Tampa Dman.

I win:-)

209. MathMan says:

Vinny is better than Gomez or Pleks.

Offensively, maybe. Overall, I think that’s considerably more iffy. Lecavalier is not a very good defensive forward; I’m not sure it wouldn’t be better to shelter him from tough matchups. I doubt he could be used in the kind of all-around role Gomez and Plekanec are.

Stamkos is better than any Hab.

I’ll be extremely surprised if Stamkos scores 50 goals again, especially if he does so by shooting 17%. Shooting a more realistic 12% would put him in the 35-goal range, still excellent, but likely to be termed “a disappointment” after last year’s hot stick.

Markov is better than any Tampa Dman.

And, on the context on the PP, by far. I’d contend he is the best player on either team.

210. SeriousFan09 says:

Vinny hasn’t really proven he’s a superstar in the last two seasons, which is what I posted below, in fact he’s only had two seasons where he’s been a superstar in production numbers. In terms of talent is he better than either? Yes of course but does he apply that big size and talent as much as he should? Either it’s lack of compete or his injuries are hampering him. I don’t really care which, I’d take Plekanec right now over him.

Stamkos of course is better than anyone we have (but so were Crosby and Malkin), Gagne is only good if he’s healthy though. St. Louis over Gionta? Yes but one of them is still enjoying prime years, one is heading out of them is what I would argue so edge to Martin now, edge to Gionta later. The thing is, that PP is basically taking everyone with top talent on TB and slapping them all together. Their 2nd-wave PP is going to be a breeze for any PK unit in the league.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

MM – I just checked your profile so I get the Markov reference. No disagreement there. As for Stamkos, I truly believe that he will be one of the top ten players in the NHL for the next decade. Maybe even top five.

As I’ve stated before, I’m dead set against rushing young players. However, Subban is going to be the best thing to hit Montreal since Koivu/Markov. He’ll have a few hiccups, but it won’t take long for him to go right through the roof.

212. _Habsoloutly_ says:

And now for your viewing pleasure, the psychotic ramblings of a Leafs fan.

213. Say Ash says:

Was that Kessel?

214. Chuck says:

Wow. That was good for a few laughs!

Was that Tony?

216. HabFanSince72 says:

Screwed them pretty bad on the Halak trade too.

217. WarHero says:

Agreed :) Amen to that :)

————————————————————————

218. Dr-Watson says:

What a naive and idiotic thing to say.

219. WarHero says:

I, for one, am glad that we didn’t sign him. Poti was garbage in Edmonton and he’s still garbage now.

————————————————————————

This is Poti’s life time NHL salary.  Add this year’s 3.5M, as well as his 6M for the next two years, and he will have made 33M in his career.  This for a guy who has been a decent, but not great Dman during his career.  He still has three years left to win a Cup  on on eof the best teams in the NHL and is set for life in terms of his finances.  The new CBA sure hasn’t hurt this guy.

1998-99 $700,000
    1999-00 $825,000 $125,000 18%
    2000-01 $850,000 $25,000 3%
    2001-02 $925,000 $75,000 9%
    2002-03 $1,800,000 $875,000 95%
    2003-04 $2,800,000 $1,000,000 56%
    2004-05 Lockout Complete season lockout: Some players joined various teams in North America and Europe and were paid to do so but none got an NHL salary.
    2005-06 $2,356,000 ($444,000) -16%
    2006-07 $2,750,000 $394,000 17%
    2007-08 $3,500,000 $750,000 27%
    2008-09 $3,500,000
    2009-10 $3,500,000
    Total
    1989-2010
    $23,506,000

221. SeriousFan09 says:

Pretty sure HFS72 was crackin’ the sarcasm.

222. WarHero says:

I hope so, lol :)

————————————————————————

223. mbplekfan says:

If Palushaj impresses during training camp and looks capable to hold down an NHL roster spot who gets demoted?

If we start to see too many guys knocking on the door of the third and fourth lines will we see some trades?

It just hit me that Mike Boone fanned on a great opportunity to use the header of “Darkness on the Edge of Town” by Springsteen.

Something tells me the headmaster isn’t a big Bruce fan.

225. RS says:

I don’t think you’ve been paying attention! Boone has dropped favourable mentions of Bruce before.

226. Mike Boone says:

Just being too hip for the room … again. Darkness at Noon is Arthur Koestler’s novel about the Stalinist purges and show trials. BTW, I love The Boss. Saving him for the regular season. Have a little faith, there’s magic in the night …

227. shiram says:

Completely random here, but i think last week someone changed alot of our Canadiens picture on wikipedia to represent their current teams. Now Gill, Gomez, Cammaleri all seem to have returned to their old pictures of past team. I wonder why?

RS – Thanks for the heads-up.  I always thought it was Robert L who was the huge Springsteen fan.

229. Robert L says:

Yup, but while Boone is pulling out of here to win, I was born down in a dead man’s town!

Mike says the final couplet of Thunder Road is going on his gravestone.

230. Danno says:

Hey Robert, great piece on Newsy and really good news the town got together to finally honour him.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

231. ABHabsfan says:

“…if you’re ready to take that long walk, from the front porch to my front seat

the door’s open but the ride ain’t free…”

going to i-tunes now!

232. Robert L says:

Merci, Danno!

I’m hoping to come away with some Pocket Rocket autographs for some friends, and for Ian’s HIO Summit raffle.

Would the Summiteers prefer a Henri tall boy or standard card?

233. Sheldon says:

I can believe that two human beings produced that! He’s gotta be an alien!!!

234. SeriousFan09 says:

Price loves to own the Bruins these days, no worries at all if he starts.

235. nick says:

Wait its tonight? I thought it was tomorrow for some reason?

RDS showing the game?

236. secretdragonfly says:

Game is tomorrow and RDS is showing it.

237. habinypsi says:

I wish that they would have lines that will play together in the season, rather than the mashup that has a NHL grinder with 2 top 6 prospects for example.

238. mike g says:

Allo les boys…..

So it’s Tuesday, and Grabovski punched people in the face back in February. Surprise anyone? Maybe a little, but he does look like a wife-beater.

Speaking of punches, Mike Homosarek faught in practice yesterday when his stick broke and he wasn’t able to stop a 4th liner from going on a breakaway. He fell to the ice along the boards, trying to swipe the puck with his hands. The forward was about to break away, until Homosarek got up and smashed him on the boards, initiating a fight. The 4th liner didn’t even throw a punch, thinking it was a dumb scrum. Even though Homsarek went all out and threw many punches, the fight was ruled a draw.

Tough cookie these Leafs are eh? I guess the meaning of “truculence” must be: Fighting with an AHL’er or a woman.

………Go Burke?!

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

239. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

So you mean Homosarek can’t even win a fight if he’s the only guy punching? LMAO. Awesome Loaf! Keep ‘em coming Burkie.

240. RGM says:

I’m not a fan of the guy by any stretch of the imagination, but are the homosexual slurs really necessary?

241. derfab says:

Burke could really ruin this guy. He sounds dumber than he did when in Montreal and, unless provoked, has no business throwing komoerotic punches at anyone in camp.

In his defence, he’s not the only one to lose a fight to the juiced-up Lucic, nor is he the only one who wanted out of Mtl last year.

Paired with a guy that can teach him how to handle the puck (T.O. doesn’t seem to have anyone) Komi still has the potential to become a very decent player.

242. Storm Man says:

Tony why did you hack Twitter today? Lots of havoc for users today.

243. Say Ash says:

Man, I was kinda hoping those last two were real. You should buy the Yzerman one.

244. Robert L says:

You ain’t a beauty, Boone, but hey, you’re alright!

245. Everlasting1 says:

And fluoride starts with an eff. Don’t overlook the use of a good industrial grade deionizer or reverse osmosis (RO) water filter unit for removing fluoride, heavy metals, and other impurities for a refreshing, pristine clear water drinking experience. A Brita just doesn’t make the grade.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

246. Mark C says:

OK, General Ripper.

247. Everlasting1 says:

Thirsty?

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

248. SeriousFan09 says:

Agree, stick with the classics like Komiwreck.

249. RGM says:

I’m also a fan of “Highly overpriced traitor that’s been exposed as useless without Markov to hide his shortcomings as a blueliner” – wordy, but captures the essence really well.

250. G-Man says:

Komisowrecked?

251. SeriousFan09 says:

Also works, but Komiwreck I find is about as much effort as the traitor warrants in describing him.

252. habaddict_andy says:

Komisorry…for leaving Montreal and going to Laugh town.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

253. mike g says:

Ya sorry…

Couldn’t come up with anything else. I’m not that creative.

But I’ll refrain from using it.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

254. habs03 says:

Hey Habsinsideout staff, can you guys be so kind to someone find us an update listing of the players sizes and heights, I find that there are so many different numbers depending on each site. If possible to get the list it would be nice to have offical size of players like Subban, Pouliot, Eller, Max Pac, Thanks.

255. Everlasting1 says:

All you need to know is that we’re not any bigger this season.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

256. SeriousFan09 says:

Habs Prospects is usually the most up to date I find.

257. RGM says:

Stick with the official numbers at the official site.

258. habs03 says:

Eller/Boyd/Halpern are all bigger than Metro and Moore, funny how people complain about our size ex Tony Maranio but say that the Habs should have signed Belanger (5’10) instead of Halpern, Tony went as far as to say that the Habs should of gave Belanger to a 3 year contract.

259. TorontoHabsFan says:

Flyers Roster – 73.5″

Canadiens Roster* -72.7″

*substituted Pacioretty for Maxwell

nb: does not include goalies.

Man alive, we’re going to get DEMOLISHED by the HUGE Flyers!!

—–

And what of those truculent, pugnacious Leafs? Well they average 72.5″. Why even with our “smurfs”, which is really only Gionta and Cammalleri, we’re STILL taller than they are! Quick – somebody run and tell TSN and HNIC before we hear McGuire and Stock bleating incessantly about how small Montreal is!