Audio: Carbo on Kostitsyn hit, Halak and more

Here’s Canadiens head coach Guy Carbonneau at the Bell Centre today, after Carbo’s "in the gym or on the ice" workout day as his Canadiens prepare to face the Florida Panthers at home Monday night.

The Habs will then have four full days to prepare for their next game, Saturday at home against the Anaheim Ducks.

1. nightmare_49 says:

Empty Netters – Niklas Kronwell off to Slow Start – D.J.King has Shoulder Issues .. by Seth Rorabaugh ….. ……………………… Panther PreVu .. by S.Gorten .. (an excerpt) .. The Panthers haven’t lost in regulation here in Montreal in five years and were better on the road than at home last season ….. ……………………………. Avery in New York, Media Frenzy Begins .. by Larry Brooks …..

2. Blitzen says:

I don`t think Vokoun could have stopped too many of the goals the boys put in last game. If the Habs keep the pedal floored, they`ll win.
    Mad Pax…Beyond Powerdome

3. Blitzen says:

Totally agree. Laraque will mean that Komi doesn`t have to fight goons. But I think respect will come from having solid hitters on every line. Lats is really bringing it this year. The fourth line hits all the time. SKoz gets the occasional solid hit in and AKoz was doing it as well. Our D-men can take the body as well.

I sincerely hope that the hit on AKoz doesn`t result in him shying away from contact. But he does have to play with his head up. We wouldn`t be talking about the legality of the hit if he did.
    Mad Pax…Beyond Powerdome

4. G-Man says:

The only game until Saturday and it has to be the Panthers. Habs always have a tough time with this team (close games). Let’s hope Vokoun does his Theo in Colorado impression.

2008/09 is the season of the Habs

5. Habs fan in SF says:

so i had a long discussion over several beers at a bar with a detroit transplant (wings fan) here in san francisco … i give him credit for actually standing toe-to-toe with me, as far as hockey talk goes, BUT when he told me laraque was a bad signing for us, i about lost it. he told me laraque wasn’t a good “enforcer” because nobody wants to drop the gloves with him? i immediately threw any hockey cred he had out the window, with that statement. maybe he had one too many beers, but he didn’t seem to understand my point that the fact that nobody wants to drop the gloves with big Georges (sauer…errr, pussy!) means that opponents won’t take liberties by taking cheap shots at out star players. i love the fact that laraque immediately took a b-line towards sauer on his shift right after that hit on AK46. we’re talking about a guy who once said he would never play for the habs in an interview (yeah, but we all forgive him) and he understands what he has to do and he placed his teamate and his team ahead of himself and knew he had to take care of business. that right there, made me a laraque fan. i have a good feeling about this team this year, and we haven’t even fully gelled yet. to me, although you won’t see it in the box score, laraque has added a dimension that we need so desperately.

6. Xtrahabsfan says:

Yo bidds55,habsRmyteam is going to need keyboard counseling and see a blog therapist,lol

7. Xtrahabsfan says:

8. bidds55 says:

A request to the tech folks at habsinsideout, is there anyway to bring in an “ignore” option? Morons like habs R my team really ruin the enjoyment of this usually excellent site. If I had to option to block him, it would greatly enhance my enjoyment, and I believe the enjoyment of other users of the site. Thank you.

For anyone interested, there is an awesome hockey card show at Centre Pierre Charbonneau in Montreal Oct 24, 25, 26 (the weekend of the HIO summit). I have no affiliation with it, but I’ll be there, as will Carey Price, Andrei & Sergei Kostitsyn and more!

9. Gormdog says:

I appreciate Laraque’s presence and he adds another dimension, but I question how much he changes another team’s approach to the game. Excluding the token team goon, no one will fight Big Georges. Also, a player like Begin is way more likely to land that crushing clean check in retribution.

Laraque adds something to our team, but I think it lies way more in the “aftermath” of a cheap shot than the prevention thereof. Momentum is a fickle thing and i’ll take it any way we can get it, whether it be a quick goal or a fight won.