Audio: Canadiens voices from Saint-Jovite

Following practice today in Saint-Jovite, a number of Canadiens on a number of subjects.

The team returns to practice up here on Friday before returning to Montreal for its final preseason game, Saturday vs. the Minnesota Wild.

• Head coach Guy Carbonneau, in English

Carbonneau, in French

• Captain Saku Koivu

Christopher Higgins

Georges Laraque, in English

Laraque, in French

Kyle Chipchura

Max Pacioretty

1. fuhgawz says:

great read Robert —-

2. J Haul says:

I recommend getting VLC. It’s a free, open-source media player that plays just about everything. It might not have the “pretty” interface like some players, but it is one powerful little tool. It can be used to not only play files and cd/dvd content, but can also be used to view or broadcast streams over the internet. I use it for EVERYTHNIG… and for the record, no, I don’t work for VLC. :p

Here’s a link:

As far as the audio clips, can’t wait to d/l and listen to them on the way home from the office tonight.

3. bidds55 says:

Pardon my stupidity, but what program does the audio run on? I have quicktime, and windows media player, but I can never get any of it to run.

Just to clarify….I can get the puckcasts going though, with no issues.

For anyone interested, there is an awesome hockey card show at Centre Pierre Charbonneau in Montreal Oct 24, 25, 26 (the weekend of the HIO summit). I have no affiliation with it, but I’ll be there, as will Carey Price, Andrei & Sergei Kostitsyn and more!

4. rUmX says:

I use Winamp to play these streams (right click -> copy link -> Add URL and voila!). I’m not sure about others but I’m sure plenty can do the same thing.

If in doubt, right click on the link and Save Target – then just play them locally off your hard drive in any player that can play mp3s. Shouldn’t be a problem as the files aren’t very big to begin with.

5. Kristopher7 says:

I use Firefox so I just right click and press “open in a new tab” and it runs it on Quicktime for me.

6. nightmare_49 says:

Flyers send super prospect Claude Giroux to minors and more .. Empty Netters .. by Seth Rorabaugh ….. http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/emptynetters/archive/2008/10/03/center-ice-customers-beware-10-3-08.aspx

7. Mr.Hazard says:

Ghost poster! Chika chika whooshh!

Ex nihilo nihil fit