Audio: Canadiens prepare for Bruins

Morning-skate audio gathered as the Canadiens prepared for tonight’s Bell Centre game against the Boston Bruins:

Forward Christopher Higgins on home ice and being reunited tonight with Saku Koivu and Michael Ryder. Clip runs 1:18.

Forward Michael Ryder on his new, old linemates and their bid to recapture the chemistry they once had as a trio. Clip runs 2:26.

Defenceman Patrice Brisebois on his injury, an MRI on Monday having revealed two fractured bones in his left foot. The veteran says he’s willing to simply bite the bullet and play through the considerable pain – there was obvious swelling when he took off his skate – and adds he’ll be ready to suit up should coach Guy Carbonneau look his way. Clip runs 6:57.

1. T-Bone says:

Anybody know who is playing D tonight?

2. coutNY says:

With Breezer out with broken bones in his foot, O’Byrne with a broken bones in his hand, and Dandy in the press box I am assuming the same as last game…

3. 46_14_27 says:

Yeah, nothing is changing. Breezby is still on the shelf and Dandenault may be also.

4. J.T. says:

Ryder’s too nice a guy to do that. Of course, that’s not saying that he didn’t make fun of him later. :)

5. kevinhabs says:

WOW

Michael Whalen telling Michael Ryder how to play hockey in the interview.

“For you Michael, what you have to do is shoot because that’s the name of the game for you.”

If I was Ryder, I would have given Whalen a stick and asked him for a demonstration.

6. TommyB says:

Wow! Huge advantage, eh!

7. HKisses says:

With my calculation….that = Toronto Maple Leafs suck

8. Vincent is possible says:

Hey Rattler,

Go talk to John Ferguson Jr. about that great analysis, I’m sure he’d love to discuss hockey strategies with you. He has lots of time!

____________________________________________
    “WE WANT VINCE! WE WANT VINCE!”

9. showey47 says:

u are an absolute genious

10. HKisses says:

Wow u are very smart….i never knew someone could calculate how much time teams have between games….i wish i had such skill

11. Ian G Cobb says:

Thanks from the rest of us Chorske!

12. 46_14_27 says:

Oh, I forgot. OTR sucks and so does Mike Whalen.

Go Habs Go.

13. HabFab says:

I’m no fan of breezer…but my heart is breaking a little for the guy.

14. G-Man says:

The spirit is willing… tough news for the Breezer. Every player wants to go out healthy.

Almost everyone I spoke to today about tonight’s match up is nervous about it. I am, too. The law of averages has to catch up sometime, but the way the #2 and #3 scoring lines were broken up to accommodate Smolinsky really burns. The team hasn’t been firing on all cylinders since that “no-show” against the Rangers. I’m hoping the Beantown boys are the cure, not the poison.

Gilbert

15. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

i can email you the mp3′s if you want
    ———
    1. Kovalev, about being passed over for the All Star team said, “The Canadiens are my all star team”
    2. The BELL CENTRE should be rebuilt to sit 80,000 fans
    3. Your not a Hab fan till you watch & UNDERSTAND “The Rocket”

16. HKisses says:

errrrrrrrrrr….my work blocked from downloading these….Can anyone send them to me if i give you my email?

17. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

Good to hear Brisbrois comments…now i understand why he is on the team.
    he is a positive person and has been there.

also I don’t think he’d complain about having a limited fill-in roll on the roster…he seems the type that will help when and where called.

but it must be limited.
    ———
    2. The BELL CENTRE should be rebuilt to sit 80,000 fans
    3. Your not a Hab fan till you watch & UNDERSTAND “The Rocket”

18. Rocket9 says:

Yah, I agree. I’ve always liked Breezer’s attitude. He’s obviously a team first kind of guy.

I think he showed a lot of balls to come back to a place where he was a favourite of the boo-birds. Shows how much he loves this team.

19. HKisses says:

Yes please if u don’t mind….. hersh.pathak@future.ca

If anyone can email me those in Mp3 format ,will be very much appreciated..Thanks :)