Audio: Canadiens arrive in Philadelphia

Canadiens forward Michael Cammalleri goes for a late afternoon stroll, Philadelphia’s City Hall in the background.
Pierre Obendrauf, Gazette

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Tomas Plekanec | Hal Gill | Michael Cammalleri

The Canadiens are in Philadelphia, having chartered here this afternoon.

Goalie Jaroslav Halak went for a stroll outside their downtown hotel and came back with a bag containing maybe a half-dozen bottles of sport drink; important to stay hydrated on the eve of Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final vs. the Flyers.

Michael Cammelleri also went for a short walk, then was one of three players who appeared before a handful of mostly Philadelphia media at a short opportunity organized by the NHL.

Head coach Jacques Martin, Cammalleri, defenceman Hal Gill and centre Tomas Plekanec all had a brief turn answering questions late afternoon. The audio offered here is excellent in a less formal setting than usually happens in Montreal.

1. savethepuck says:

Probably going to be a tough low scoring close series (unless Leighton lays an egg, which wouldn’t bother me, but he played good when he came in against Boston).  We will do great if we keep capitalizing on our scoring chances ( Cammy’s one timer has made me a huge fan).  I don’t think Jaro is going to face the usual 40 plus shots this series ( which is when he usually stands on his head), hope he can stay focused and give us the timely saves we need to win. Lets get some revenge on the Flyers for 08!

2. HabFab says:

Agree on the 4 lines thing. Maybe the reason SK was practicing and team leadership held center ice meeting. Sunday tells…

3. ari says:

the fact that not many so called analizers give us a chance to win the series ,i feel much better about our chances.habs in 6

4. Fenrir767 says:

Nice it’s a great movie

Rocket Richard movie starting now on CBC.

6. badangel says:

loved this article. Makes me laugh because I keep getting angry with the predictions of the Habs winning the Flyers Habs series.. I think it’ll be a jinx against them.

On top of this.. I am convinced that when I like a player he starts to play like crap (Price has played badly once I started likin him, Laps this year started to play badly after I was convinced he was the next coming last year.. even Pouliot hasn’t been playing that well) — suffice to say.. I start every playoff game now on my facebook proclaiming that CAMMY SUCKS and I HATE HIM.. so far it’s seemed to work.. :)

Anyone else superstitious like this?

7. ABHabsfan says:

The Habs’ speed on all 4 lines (or 3 1/2) will win this series. The Flyers will not be able to play just 4 d-men all the time and hope to keep matching up against the top 2 lines from the Habs. 3rd/4th line guys like Laps, Metro, Pouliot, Moen, Moore could make a real difference in this series if they get out against the Flyers’ 3rd d pairing whom they seem to want to hide. If the Habs can get them in penalty trouble early in every game the Flyers will be sucking wind by the end of the 1st period. They will likely try to bang and crash around and if the Habs can stay out of the way and turn a couple of PPs, we should be sailing. Of course it wouldn’t hurt to have Halak continue to stand on his head and AK46 could continue his road back to at least be visible would also be a nice bonus.

Keep believing and let’s all enjoy the run. Best spring I can remember in 17 years!

8. Fenrir767 says:

Alot of people don’t think we can do it but, Halak will outgoal Leighton and was anyone watching Game 7 Boston Philly, was I the only one that noticed how dead the Flyers were for the last few minutes. If Boston had any mental toughness and spine they woudl have just kept pressuring. The Flyers are tired, they work a 4 d-man system. They remind me of the Habs a few months ago, playing great First and Second periods while getting worn down in the 3rd. If we can wear them down we can explode. We need to stick to our system and believe. If Boston hadn’t stopped believing they could win and if one or two more bounces hadn’t gone their way we would be facing the Flyers and Rask could have been better he was so worried about letting a goal in that he made some mistakes. In any case Habs in 6! Got my tickets for the game already also!

9. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Is this Louis, from Ville-Mercier?

10. Xtrahabsfan says:

I wish we had a guy like Boogarde(spelling?) for this  series………..

11. habsguy says:

you guys should really look Lucic up on you tube,  HE FIGHTS ANYONE !!!!!!!!!,  and no I’m not a huge fan of his,  but if he were a Hab I sure would be !!!!!!!….and before you go calling me names..look it up !!!!!!!!

12. Derek2 says:

What abouut the Grundman fiasco – getting rid of Rod Langway for Ryan Walter?  Grundman was the begining of 30 years in the desert for us. 2 SC’s in there but the destruction fo continuity that went back to Sammy Pollock

13. RJ says:

Lucic is one dimensional — he hits. Period. A poor skater, he skates with his head down and does not have the best hands. And yes, he fights non-fighters on a regular basis. When he gets into a fight with a real fighter he gets beat.

“My face is my mask,” Gump Worsley

14. Bill J says:

Nothing personal here, but just saying

thefourthperiod.com = far from being a credible source for “the truth”

15. Bill J says:

Man I wish people would check before posting utter BS

1) When he was removed from the nets, Halak was the BEST goaltender in the
    league,  well on his way to an MVP season. Check the stats.

Yeah I checked the stats – as you suggested.  You should check the stats yourself, seeing as your too lazy to check before posting BS.   Here are the stats.

Jaro Halak 2006-07 AHL Regular Season Stats: 16 Wins / 11 Losses - Far from MVP Season!!!!

I remember that season VERY well (the AHL one that is) the Bulldogs where BIG TIME underdogs! Price was largely credited with his play in that series.

Oh for the record, Price’s playoff record during that Calder Cup Run…  15 Wins / 6 Losses, and that was AFTER playing a FULL season with Tri-city & the WHL playoffs with Tri-City.

2) Gainey drafted from a Ranking sheet that Trevor Timmins prepared, when Pouliot was traded to MTL it was WIDELY reported, much more then your “supposed Price trade demands” that Pouliot was ranked higher then Price, and had Pouliot not been drafted at #4 just ahead of the Habs pick, we would have had Pouliot all along.

3) Last but not least, there is NO way that Price requested a trade, and YOU are the only one to have heard it coming out of McKenzie’s mouth.  SERIOUSLY, this is Montreal.  That sort of news would be front page news for several weeks.

So to summarize, your post is full of BS – and frankly, reeks of Price &/or Gainey hatred that is really out of place during the best playoff run our team has had in 17 years.

16. habstrinifan says:

I am in the same sort of negative way! Believe it or not I havent watched a damn game in front the TV! I am so pd off about it but I am so damn scared that every time I watch them they will lose. So now I live on CANADIENS EXPRESS and Highlights etc.

I follow the game via the Game Blog here!

It’s really stupid I know but I have historical proof LOL.

I remember they were leading 2-0 with less than 2 mins to go against Pits and then 4-1 and I said WOW I gotta go watch the end. On each occasion I run downstairs, turn on the TV only to see highlights of a goal being scored against us. I turned off that thing real quick and ran back upstairs to sit in front my computer.. almost passing away from a heart attack.

It is kinda getting to me honestly! I know it is NUTS! I want something to happen which would make it OK for me to WATCH the games without feeling like I am a jinx. NUTS!

GO HABS GO!!!!

17. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Thanks

18. habstrinifan says:

Will google and try and find it. Honestly cant recall where I heard it but was within the last week to 10 days.

19. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Could you provide the link were Bob Mackenzie stated that about Price wanting to be traded?

20. habstrinifan says:

Of course I am glad that any HALAK trade didnt happen. Just as I am glad that the trade package (including SUBBAN) for Lecavalier didnt happen. But while we can ‘judge’ any GM on the outcome of their trades, it is the nature of the beast that GMS must make trades and other personnel decisions and not ALL will be successful. In fact the majority may not be.

Trying to trade Halak WAS not the TRAVESTY. The TRAVESTY and stubborn headed injustice was removing HALAK from the nets of the HAMILTON BULLDOGS and GIVING the job to PRICE and then when the team won the CALDER cup instituting PRICE as the ‘chosen one’ and treating Halak in an awful manner from that point on.

When he was removed from the nets, Halak was the BEST goaltender in the league,  well on his way to an MVP season. Check the stats. I am a HUGE admirer of Gainey as a man and a player and a Canadiens hero.

But he may have allowed the selfish fact that HE drafted PRICE to destroy his professionalism as a GM re his treatment of HALAK. And we may still pay for it if Halak holds grudges!

And OH YES! Bob Mackenzie did report during these playoffs that PRICE, while playing the team guy better these days, HAS asked to be traded.

GO HABS GO!!!!

21. habstrinifan says:

“Going to the net!” I cringe everytime I hear that ‘cliche’ term used for LAPS. And also for Pouliot! As I posted here and have been vindicated by Laps major goals of the season including the playoffs. Laps best comes when he is shooting that puck from the scoring arch just outside the crease. He is not a NET banger. Look at his goals and the cleaness of the shots he takes from that scoring arch just outside the blue. If he and his linemates are specifically encouraged to play so he gets say 10 shots per game from that area…. he would easily be a 30 goal scorer. And with the confidence  coming from the scoring success he would get, he would be a better all round player and less of a turtle too( which he is now).

Again read my previous posts on this specific point BEFORE the playoffs.

Gionta for example, although smaller, goes to the NET better. And if you want to see ‘go to the net’ goals wait until you see Subban next year. The guy digs puck out of all kinds of scrambles in front the net and stuffs it by the goalie.

GO HABS GO!!!!

22. habstrinifan says:

Dont want to be negative on any habs issue these days … keep the good karma! But WOW!  I think you are maybe a bit too excited re both the team and Laps. I am a LAPS believer too, (my previous posts re LAPS may still be under my name) but HEART AND SOUL??.

And best team since 1956 in the categories you mentioned? WOW!

Let’s enjoy but not go overboard.

GO HABS GO!

And you heard it HERE FIRST! That trade from St. Louis for Aron Palus??? ( hard name). You watch for next season. He is gonna make the BIG TEAM ahead of Pacioretty etc and will be a stylish playmaker for us. MAKE BOOK ON IT!!!

23. VancouverHab says:

If you’re ever in Vancouver I’ll buy you a beer — you’re keeping me sane amid all this tinfoil-hat lunacy. Cheers!

Gee, I wish they’d filter out all these Mr Gumby comments that say: “I hate Bob Gainey because I love Halak and Bob Gainey didn’t trade Halak so, …d’oh just a minute, let me figger this out again… I mean I hate Bob Gainey because I love Halak and Gainey he wanted to trade Halak but he kept Halak and so now I can watch Halak because Gainey didnt trade him and …d’oh that’s wrong too…just a minnit…uhhh”

Again, thanks for keeping things sane!

24. VancouverHab says:

‘Biggest mistake of all time was trading Roy and keeping on Tremblay.”

True dat –unless the biggest mistake was hiring Trembley & Houle in the first place ;–)

25. VancouverHab says:

No-o-o. One more time now, slowly… ‘Almost the biggest goof of all time’ was, as you can read above a propos the movie The Rocket — Tommy Gorman & Dick Irvin Sr. trying to trade Rocket Richard.

Seriously dude, what is your problem that causes you to obsess over something that never *&&^%@ing happened!

“Earth to ManApart: Bob Gainey did not, repeat did not, trade Halak. We can be sure of this because, you know, HE’S FRICKIN’ STILL HERE!!!!

Sheesh.

26. habsfanmandy says:

I think Cammy sounds a little strange in the audio. Like out-of-place or something. Weird.

Bring the Cup home Boys! I Will Always Believe

27. Sammy says:

wow, you’re a dick

28. Rainrocket16 says:

A Great quote from my man Gomez!!!

“We’re a tough team to beat and we knew that from the beginning,” center Scott Gomez said after the decisive victory at Pittsburgh. “Everyone’s making us out to be Cinderella. But deep down, everyone in this room knew that we’re a better team than we showed in the regular season.

“Once we got in the dance, we kept saying, ‘You don’t want to play us.'”

Go Habs Go!!!

29. SeriousFan09 says:

Lucic is a coward, almost every single one of his fights is with a guy who’s a non-fighter, except his attempt to go ‘tough guy’ against Orr and we all know how that ended. Loves a good cheap shot as well. We don’t his kind on the Canadiens, we have a good quality team with a very cohesive locker room now, don’t need his type in the room.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

30. shootdapuck says:

Where were you in 1976-1979?

You must have blinked for 4 years!

Hate to say it but that team would run rings around the present one! They only lost 8 games in 76-77!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

31. SeriousFan09 says:

Gainey also tried to trade Price, his golden boy that he was using to persecute Halak… Oh wait does that interfere with the tinfoil hat brigade about Halak’s suffering? Biggest mistake of all time was trading Roy and keeping on Tremblay. Bowman clashed with Lemieux, guess who stayed in Pittsburgh? Franchise Player > Coach especially when you’re getting a bag of pucks in return in trade.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

32. SeriousFan09 says:

Or perhaps Gainey unlike a certain egomaniac in Toronto doesn’t tell the media everything about his trade intentions or what he plans to do with the team because he’s not obsessed with having himself on television and in print?

For all you know, Gainey demanded Carter as a minimum price.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

33. ManApart says:

Gainey tried to trade Jaro. That is a fact. He announced it at the beginning of Jan. Lucky it didn’t happen. It was the almost biggest goof of all time. BTW, just found out that it was Andre Savard who drafted Halak and not Gainey at all. Maybe you all knew that. Now I understand why Gainey was so unsupportive of the man.

34. K-hab25 says:

Actually he did try to trade Halak to PHI in DEC, just after Halak and his agent asked for either more playing time or to be traded. The article I read said that Gainey initiated the talks with PHI, telling them “he had a goalie available”, but they weren’t intrested. I find that part hilarious, because it was rumored that all Gainey wanted was a 2nd round draft pick. They also asked was he trying to get a top six foward and Gainey said he didn’t think that was a realistic option. For the record Halak at the time this article was published, DEC 15, was a back up with a 6-5 record and a 2.92 GAA with a .905 sv%, so it’s understandable PHI saying no. Thefourthperiod.com was where I found the article, if anyone is interested in the truth.

35. badbalance says:

I wish we had Lucic on our team.. Honestly, hes a hell of a player, young strong, will stand up for his team. Looks like he wants to play for montreal :) Please do Lucic.

36. Chuck says:

As the story goes, he had to do the “I’m going to Disney World!” line a second time because the first one contained a rather exuberant expletive.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

37. Xtrahabsfan says:

Agree

38. VancouverHab says:

Yeah, I get the point — but he is fearless tough going for the net, down the boards and in the corners.

39. shootdapuck says:

Toughness????

Ever seen a tough-guy TURTLE?

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

40. VancouverHab says:

Uhmm … “widely reported” is just a less-honest way of saying “unsubstantiated.”

41. VancouverHab says:

I sure think he’s a huge contributor: what he lacks in skill he makes up in, as you say, brashness, toughness, and also speed.

42. andrewberkshire says:

It’s an ea sports jersey.

43. GoalieT says:

I think we have some support now. I hope the Bruin’s fans get a look at this. LOL!!

In all honesty, this kind of makes me sick at the same time. Unworthy, and all. :)

Ultimate Die-Hard Since 1986. T.

44. habsguy says:

I give you that he’s been awesome so far these playoffs,  as far as the regular season,  far less than awesome……

45. ooder says:

he was off and on all season long.

going huge stretches of game where he was invisible.

These playoffs however he showed up big time.

guys like moore, moen, gomez, gionta, cammy, pleks have really gotten this team going

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

46. lavie says:

The leadership from Gio-Gill-Gomez and the super Halak led us to where we are.

47. duckdoc73 says:

I have been watching the Habs since 1956 and do not recall a team that skated faster nor executed assignments better than these guys. I don’t know how most folks feel about Max Lapierre but I consider him the heart of this team. French Canadian, brash, tough, giving it all at all times, he is the prototypical Bleu-Blanc-Rouge Glorieux.

LES CANADIENS SONT LA

48. andrewberkshire says:

Just like it was widely reported that Allan Walsh demanded a trade for Halak in early November, but you ignore that and revise history. Hypocrisy at its best.

49. rogus says:

While it’s never good news when someone passes, please tell me what this has to do with the upcoming series. Last time I checked this is a hockey forum and the greatest team in hockey is about to end a long drought in the playoffs.

50. badangel says:

ya so far so good with wearing my cammy jersey… even if I “hate” him so much ;)

51. Puck Bard says:

Just bought a copy for my dad for Father’s Day. Superb: Dupuis can do no harm.

Stay clear of Pour Toujours Les Canadiens however.

52. SeriousFan09 says:

So did The Hockey News, keep going against us guys, we seem to do pretty well with our backs to the wall.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

53. pmaraw says:

it would be nice to get a lead in a series for a change, apart from game 1 vs was…..

54. pmaraw says:

I always thought when you were given the Cinderella title, you had it till you were eliminated or won it all… http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=529224

55. Puck Bard says:

Agree Fred, at this point the head-game becomes more of an issue than in first two rounds. And I think Laviolette and Martin are pretty evenly matched there with their evenness.

56. Say Ash says:

Interestingly, if Crosby had won, CBC would have aired “The Jerk”.

57. Clay4bc says:

“on the basis of a unsubstantiated claim that he tried to trade Jaro
    Halak”

Not unsubstantiated at all – in fact, it was widely reported…but don’t let little things like facts get in the way of your revision of history.

__________________________

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Francois Laignelot -

58. lavie says:

Gambling for objective; “experts” for subjective.

59. Fred D says:

After reading many of the “experts”, here and elsewhere, and finding little agreement on much of anything,I have come to the conclusion that nobody really knows how to handicap this series coming up. Last I heard, Las Vegas gave the Canadiens 5 to 1 to win; Probably as good as anybody else’s guess.

It’s all between the ears. Both teams have the physical attributes and skills necessary to win. I maintain that the Canadiens will persevere and win in 5 games, after an early low scoring loss caused by the “come down” after beating the “elite” two teams in the eastern conference already.

Time will tell.

60. lavie says:

lol.

Gomez is never serious; Gionta is always serious. They are all playoff materials.

61. VancouverHab says:

The showing of “The Rocket” on CBC today is an pertinent opportunity to chide those churlish commentors who whine against Bob Gainey on the basis of a unsubstantiated claim that he tried to trade Jaro Halak: the film shows the great Tommy Gorman and the even greater Dick Irvin trying to trade … Maurice Richard.

62. Xtrahabsfan says:

Hey ,you got great taste!

63. HabFab says:

“SK74 getting some reps with Metro and Benny”

“SK74 working on the PK unit, with Tom Pyatt.”

From this mornings practice.

64. Say Ash says:

Gomez is wicked funny:

Martin huddled with his leadership group – Gill and partner Jose Gorges and forwards Mike Cammalleri, Brian Gionta and Scott Gomez – at then end of practice in Montreal Saturday. What were they talking about? “We were talking about much we would have preferred to face Boston,” joked Gomez. “I mean, the Celtics are still in the playoffs. I had no idea Jacques was such a basketball fan. Plus, Hal is from there and said that everything would be cheaper because he knows the city inside out.”

65. G-Man says:

Yup. He said it twice. He made some Disney bucks that day.

66. Fenrir767 says:

That’s the way we like it!

67. habs-hampton says:

Just watching “The Rocket” on CBC. I love it when he beats the crap out of Sean Avery. He reminds me of this years team. NOBODY’s goona push us around, not even the big, bad Flyers!

68. Xtrahabsfan says:

Like I said………..lol

69. HugeHabsFan says:

Haha! I sort of am…we’ve never lost when I’m wearing my Cammy jersey while watching the game, so now I’m on strict orders to get it on at the beginning of the game.

So yes, please continue with your “hate” of Cammy, k? ;o)

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Cammalleri: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien”.

70. Corio says:

HEY!  You are ruining my series by series mockery of team’s stars!  It was my idea!  :P

Bahh it won’t hurt to have more anyway  :)

71. Xtrahabsfan says:

I had it first,lol

72. jimmy shaker says:

Just was looking at the tsn site and they have a habs story and it’s headline picture is of Patrick Roy when they won the cup in 93.  I remember that day and moment clear as mud when Patrick raised the cup and came over to the boards and was shouting into the microphone.  The thing of that moment was, I never knew what he was saying into that microphone.  Does anyone know what he was yelling?  I don’t think he was saying that he was going to disneyworld.

Shaker

73. habfan01 says:

And another too many men on the ice penalty does in the bruins- 1979-2010.

74. Corio says:

Whole TSN panel takes Philly to win series…  what else is new!  lol  3rd series as underdogs, we love it!

75. Dunboyne Mike says:

Sounds like good analysis to me, especially since you’ve been tracking all series. Sports psychology has much to say about the let-down you mention. Montreal found ways to contain finesse — can they adapt to the wholly different modus operandi of the Flyers.

As you say, both teams believe. I think it’s going to be titanic.

76. sholi2000.com says:

Stub Hub has tickets left, there was 12 an hour ago.

They Call Me Shane

77. adam76 says:

So any Nova Scotian’s get lucky in the “virtual” waiting room?  I did not.

78. Dunboyne Mike says:

The Flyers are mentally tough, maybe mentally indestructible having come back from 3-0 down vs Boston in both the series and the deciding game.

Posters here often refer to our speed advantage. True, we are fast; but do the Flyers look slow?

And another question: what kind of threats/opportunities does Pronger present? Great skills and experience, but I don’t like the dirty edge.

Do any other fans feel a shift from willing the team on for pure survival to willing the team on towards a prize which, now, unlike previously, is actually in sight? If WE feel it, surely players do as well, which can be hazardous.

79. Johnny_Offensive says:

Switching back and forth between both Habs series and both Bruins series (I’m in Boston), I’d say there was a major difference in speed overall. Philly/Bos looked to be in slow motion.

That’s not to say we’ll maintain our pace, or they will. Every series is different. My main concern is playing to the competition…a let down because this team is so different from the first two we’ve faced. Much more physical. We’ll be hit and have to hit back. I thought Boston would be a better matchup for us because they are more apt to change styles – start chasing us. Philly won’t play that game. They are relentless and obviously resilient. Biggest difference between Boston and Philly is that Philly actually believes they can win this thing. But then so do we.

It’s going to be an entirely different challenge. Can’t wait!!

80. The Big O says:

Onto this goalies asking for trade nonsense…..people they have NO choice in this matter, they can ask all they want, both are RFA’s, until they hit 26, they’re tied to the Habs, so they can ask for whatever they want, but they got no cards to play with.  If they decide to run off to Europe a la Peregozin, all the habs have to do if put in a qualifying offer and they retain the players rights… so guess what, neither goalie is going anywhere, its all about asset management, so seriously, just focus on the playoffs people!

81. habstrinifan says:

Agree with you on all points! Philly is a better team than a 7th place seed. Will be a fight! And yes no penalties. Philly beat Boston on the power plays. I think 3 of their 4 goals in game seven were power plays.

But one flaw is their goaltending. Even if he gets real HOT he tends to cheat to one side or other as he follows the play and leaves lots high open room on the other side of the net. Watch for us to score long high  goals in this series against him.

GO HABS GO!!!

82. fuhgawz says:

this is going to be a very challenging series i hope wish and pray our boys and the coach does not take this team lightly.  As far as i am concerned Philly was and is better then a 7th place team.  Going to have to fight for every inch but do so without taking penalties.  If we get past this we can go all the way.  1 sec. 1 shift 1 min. 1 period 1 game at a time guys —  I have faith in you

GO HABS GO

83. Habsforlife 1959 says:

Philly will be doing the same against Halak. Briere is going to be dnagerous Flyer in this series.

84. j2w4habs25 says:

GO HABS GO!!!…

85. habsfan_61 says:

my predictions from last round

bos- phil : bos in 7 obviously wrong

det-sj:det in 7 sj has  to pull a choke soon wrong again

van-chi:chi in 7 but if luongo stands on his head van could take this. right team wrong amount of games

pitt-mtl: pitt in 6.pitt more battle hardened than the caps. fleury is better than varly. crosby slighlty less individualistic than ov.pitt plays like a team unlike the caps who had too many individual concepts rather than as a team. nice win vs the caps but i think in this series midnite will strike for cinderella habs.oh well wrong again.

this series:

sj-chi: chi in 7 flip a coin anyone can win. 2 quality teams. goaltending a big issue here.

mtl-phil: mtl in 6 , halak should out goal leighton. our d has blocked a sick amount of shots and will continue to do so. force philly into the penalty box and we should take advantage of that. go habs go. looking forward to another few weeks of habs games.thanks guys

86. ed lopaz says:

Habs hockey = Smart hockey we work as a team, and we win as a team. we play 5 man defence – not just 2.

now that spacek is healthy, the habs have reunited Gill and Gorges who become our “shut down” pairing.

question – do you play the shut down pairing vs the Richards line or the Briere line?

Shout out to Tom – his insight would be very welcome as it has led to 2 straight series wins.

87. terrygain says:

Tom decided to start Jaro?

88. DavidKB says:

So, JM is asked what it’s like being a “giant killer”, and he totally answers as if the question were more like, “What do you think of the Flyers?”.

89. ed lopaz says:

not implying that Tom’s input means anything behind the Habs bench. :-)

its a superstitious thing we have going. since Tom discussed his matchups and we won both series, we wanted to keep the pattern going.

anything it takes to keep the Habs winning, right?

90. DavidKB says:

Cammelleri and Gill give very good interviews.

91. badangel says:

so true. when I listen to them .. I remember the reasons why I took journalism in uni.

AK 46.. would be a struggle as a journalist.. but Cammy is a dreaaaam. very intelligent and thoughtful – Gill is a funny guy! I love his answers on the get to know the habs videos :)

92. Reefer64 says:

I believe it’ll be a really tough series as well. They CANNOT take these guys lightly. They beat NJ out 4-1… remember that.

MrB

93. slapshot777 says:

Seems like nobody is giving us a chance against the Flyers. All of the TSN panel gives it to the Flyers, no suprise there. Everyone still don’t give our smurfs any respect. They are all pointing to the Smaller guys being worn down. I say what about the speed of our team. We should be able to easily out skate the Flyers and if they are in a race with our team, it’s a race I don’t think they can keep up with and will get worn down on the chase.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

94. Favorite Son says:

It’s ok, we do better as the underdogs. All the “experts” were saying before and during the season that the Flyers would go far and the Habs nowhere. Look where we are now! Predictions mean jack squat, so they can say what they want.