Audio: Canadiens arrive in Philadelphia

Canadiens forward Michael Cammalleri goes for a late afternoon stroll, Philadelphia’s City Hall in the background.
Pierre Obendrauf, Gazette

AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Tomas Plekanec | Hal Gill | Michael Cammalleri

The Canadiens are in Philadelphia, having chartered here this afternoon.

Goalie Jaroslav Halak went for a stroll outside their downtown hotel and came back with a bag containing maybe a half-dozen bottles of sport drink; important to stay hydrated on the eve of Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final vs. the Flyers.

Michael Cammelleri also went for a short walk, then was one of three players who appeared before a handful of mostly Philadelphia media at a short opportunity organized by the NHL.

Head coach Jacques Martin, Cammalleri, defenceman Hal Gill and centre Tomas Plekanec all had a brief turn answering questions late afternoon. The audio offered here is excellent in a less formal setting than usually happens in Montreal.

1. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Is this Louis, from Ville-Mercier?

2. habsguy says:

you guys should really look Lucic up on you tube,  HE FIGHTS ANYONE !!!!!!!!!,  and no I’m not a huge fan of his,  but if he were a Hab I sure would be !!!!!!!….and before you go calling me names..look it up !!!!!!!!

3. Derek2 says:

What abouut the Grundman fiasco – getting rid of Rod Langway for Ryan Walter?  Grundman was the begining of 30 years in the desert for us. 2 SC’s in there but the destruction fo continuity that went back to Sammy Pollock

4. RJ says:

Lucic is one dimensional — he hits. Period. A poor skater, he skates with his head down and does not have the best hands. And yes, he fights non-fighters on a regular basis. When he gets into a fight with a real fighter he gets beat.

“My face is my mask,” Gump Worsley

5. Bill J says:

Nothing personal here, but just saying = far from being a credible source for “the truth”

6. Bill J says:

Man I wish people would check before posting utter BS

1) When he was removed from the nets, Halak was the BEST goaltender in the
    league,  well on his way to an MVP season. Check the stats.

Yeah I checked the stats – as you suggested.  You should check the stats yourself, seeing as your too lazy to check before posting BS.   Here are the stats.

Jaro Halak 2006-07 AHL Regular Season Stats: 16 Wins / 11 Losses Far from MVP Season!!!!

I remember that season VERY well (the AHL one that is) the Bulldogs where BIG TIME underdogs! Price was largely credited with his play in that series.

Oh for the record, Price’s playoff record during that Calder Cup Run…  15 Wins / 6 Losses, and that was AFTER playing a FULL season with Tri-city & the WHL playoffs with Tri-City.

2) Gainey drafted from a Ranking sheet that Trevor Timmins prepared, when Pouliot was traded to MTL it was WIDELY reported, much more then your “supposed Price trade demands” that Pouliot was ranked higher then Price, and had Pouliot not been drafted at #4 just ahead of the Habs pick, we would have had Pouliot all along.

3) Last but not least, there is NO way that Price requested a trade, and YOU are the only one to have heard it coming out of McKenzie’s mouth.  SERIOUSLY, this is Montreal.  That sort of news would be front page news for several weeks.

So to summarize, your post is full of BS – and frankly, reeks of Price &/or Gainey hatred that is really out of place during the best playoff run our team has had in 17 years.

7. habstrinifan says:

I am in the same sort of negative way! Believe it or not I havent watched a damn game in front the TV! I am so pd off about it but I am so damn scared that every time I watch them they will lose. So now I live on CANADIENS EXPRESS and Highlights etc.

I follow the game via the Game Blog here!

It’s really stupid I know but I have historical proof LOL.

I remember they were leading 2-0 with less than 2 mins to go against Pits and then 4-1 and I said WOW I gotta go watch the end. On each occasion I run downstairs, turn on the TV only to see highlights of a goal being scored against us. I turned off that thing real quick and ran back upstairs to sit in front my computer.. almost passing away from a heart attack.

It is kinda getting to me honestly! I know it is NUTS! I want something to happen which would make it OK for me to WATCH the games without feeling like I am a jinx. NUTS!

GO HABS GO!!!!