Audio: Cammy on IR, White called up

POST-PRACTICE AUDIO: Michael Cammalleri 1 and 2 | Scott Gomez | Benoit Pouliot | Andreas Engqvist | David Desharnais

The Canadiens have placed Michael Cammalleri on their injured reserve list and called up Ryan White from the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Although Max Pacioretty and Jeff Halpern are skating in Brossard this morning, they are day-to-day. But Benoit Pouliot is back at practice.

The lines: Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Eller; Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta; Pouliot-Desharnais-Darche; Pyatt-Engqvist-Moen.

The team announcement:

Ryan White will join the Canadiens in Ottawa, for tomorrow’s game against the Senators at Scotiabank Place.

The
6-foot, 198-pound centreman, aged 22, played 16 games with the Canadiens
last season, including his first game in the NHL on November 5 at
Boston. He recorded two assists and five shots on goal, while averaging
11:09 minutes of ice time per game.

White totals 10 points (2 goals, 8
assists) in 28 games this season with the Bulldogs. One of his goals
has been tallied on the power play. He has collected 55 shots on goal
and served 64 penalty minutes. White missed 14 games earlier this season
due to a lower-body injury incurred on November 19 at Rochester.

A native of Brandon, Man., White was the Canadiens’ fourth pick (third round, 66th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

1. TomNickle says:

If Pouliot and Kostitsyn played to their capabilities we would be a top 3 team in the NHL, just my opinion.  But a lot of teams can say that about underachieving players realizing their abilities.

2. shiram says:

I guess the Leafs can still see us as rivals, but as long as they are bottom dwelling, and the Habs are not, well that rivalry doesnt bring much to the table.

3. habs001 says:

in any key situation gion,gomez over ak46,pouliot…it is a no contest…these two are way over rated by many posters..ak46 and pouliot… what we have seen from them is pretty well what we will get while they are in montreal..some very good games and streches but also long disappearing acts and rarely coming thru in the clutch or in a pressure game…yet if somehow they were able to utilize their talents on a regular bases we would be much closer to an elite team

4. joeybarrie says:

You think AK and Pouliot have played better seasons than Gomez and Gionta? Are you aware Gionta is our leading scorer?

While I have high hopes for Pouliot, AK has been his normal .6 pts per game self that he has been for 4 years now. Gomez, Gionta and Cammalleri were the reason this team went to the 3rd round in the playoffs for forwards.

Also what labelling have the Habs management done?

You need to stop looking at salary when you judge how a player is doing this season.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

5. TomNickle says:

In the pre-season he was more physical and effective physically than he had been at any point since being drafted.  There really isn’t a place for him on the roster right now though, the bad thing is, unless there’s a significant injury(Gomez,Gionta,Eller) he won’t get a call up.  And those guys are under contract or have their rights held(Eller’s case) for quite some time, at least four years.

People often say we have very little in the cupboard but if I’m a pro scout I’m recommending him to my general manager as a guy who could be a good third line centre project with the potential to develop into a really nice second line centre.  He really reminds me a lot of Plekanec, he lacks the intensity that Pleks plays with and doesn’t have the quality of shot that he does but there are striking similarities in their games overall, and the intensity issue comes with being accustomed to the speed of the game at the NHL level.  With some better production in the AHL and getting rid of the snake bite with the big club at one point he could fetch a nice return somewhere down the road.

6. krob1000 says:

Whie is a character guy…guys will feel comfortable on the ice with himout there…if he were on the ice the other day when Cammi got hi I promise yu he goes after Weber, if he were on the ice when Wiz got hi, he’s have went after him, etc…..that goes a long way in the room…..and on the ice.  White is not a fighter…he is a stand up teammate…a guy like Moen but younger and hungrier.  White is not a huge upgrade…nobody said he was…but he is definitely an upgrade phsyically and right now we need that too….the fact White also has some opffensive potential as well and won;t hesitate to go to the net, the fact he probablys hould have made the team out of camp, and the fact that hard work is contagious could make a bigger impact than one may think…..still not like a top six scoer …but an impact I gladly welcome the opportunity to see….I liekd what I saw before and hoep his injury issuse this year haven’t set him back too much.

7. Bill H says:

I think we are doing surprisingly well these days, although the upcoming month will no doubt be a challenge.  We have taken 14 points in the last 10 games, following that mid to late December funk.  The team remains within striking distance of Boston in #2 spot and we can quickly leap-frog over NYR again.  We are 8 points over the pace we set last year when we just squeeked into the playoffs, and we are only 4 points off the pace we set the year before when we finished first in the East.  All this while we are down 2 of our top 4 dmen.

If the team shows up with any fire at all in Ottawa, we should be able to pull off a win, although we never seem to do well in back-to-back away and home games.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Saku and Lapierre score 2 goals apiece, 2 points out of 4 would be okay, 3 points would be a dream come true.

We will need AK46 and Pouliot to step up their game if we are to get through the next month with our dignity in tact.  That is clear.  But more than that, we will need some great team work because let’s face it, we won’t be averaging 4 goals a game for the next while.

At least with these injuries we have the opportunity to test our organizational depth.  The youngsters are getting more ice time and will mature more quickly.

We have a long way to go of course, but I think we are starting to look pretty good for the playoffs.  If a few key players can get their game going we could go deep.  But I am not looking forward to facing the Flyers.  They are awesome this year.  So we need to catch Boston for that #2 or #3 seeding.

8. Hobie Hansen says:

As long is this guy is capable of playing 10mins a game on the 4th line I’m happy. Is he a heavyweight fighter, no! At least he’ll defend himself and drop the gloves on occasion. Maybe if he were in the lineup when Cammelleri was pushed into the boards he would have at least done a little something, unlike anyone else on the team…

9. habs001 says:

it is frustrating that we struggle vs the leafs…some posters say the players dont care about the leafs but i find that hard to believe just based on the buzz when the two teams play each other…the players must realize that these games are important for the fans…i would venture the most comments on a team on this site is about the leafs ..even on other boards hab fans write a lot more about the leafs than boston etc…

10. joeybarrie says:

I always like D’Ags, but like SK his production here wasn’t great. He is doing well on a team where he makes the top 2 lines. He wouldnt here in Montreal. There is only so long you can keep a player before letting him go if they do not develop into a top 2 line player on your team, but will on another. Palushaj is younger and is going to go thru what D’Ags went thru 3 years ago. Hopefully he will develop into a player for us, but maybe not. Try to rememebr St. Louis has similar offensive production as us, but they are not as good a defensive team.

Easy to say we made mistakes with SK, D’Ags, and the like, but what would our top lines look like if we kept them???? Should SK take AK’s spot? Gionta’s??? Cammi??? or who?  D’Ags, and Gomez, with Pouliot and SK, with AK and Pleks?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

11. avatar_58 says:

In the sense that he agitates and has a scoring touch. Much like Lappy he *could* be amazing one moment, invisible the next. Unlike Lapierre though he backs up his shite disturbing with a fight or two.

12. Mattyleg says:

Ha!!!

I larfed. Nice.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

13. Mattyleg says:

Way to take things seriously, Brady.

You probably can’t even understand what’s a joke. Probably.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

14. TomNickle says:

I can’t speak for Pat Hickey but Gomez and Gionta are consistent in their play defensively which allows them to get a pass when scoring isn’t going their way.  Andrei and Benny are huge liabilities when they aren’t involved defensively and can’t be trusted to play significant minutes during those stretches.

Cammalleri I will whole heartedly agree seems to get a pass on this issue because he is also terribly inconsistent in his effort.  His defensive play is consistent though, just consistently terrible.

15. Mattyleg says:

Looking forward to seeing White back in a Habs jersey. I hope he rises to the occasion.

I hear he hasn’t been tearing up the AHL…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

16. CBrady12 says:

I love how everyone thinks that calling up White is going to make such a big difference…hes gonna play 10 minutes max and maybe throw a couple of good hits…but NOONE in the NHL is intimidated by him and if he struggles in the AHL he aint gonna be a game changer in the NHL

17. TomNickle says:

Maxwell’s assignment to Hamilton out of training camp was explained to him in a simple way, you need more confidence.  Bringing him up to play on the fourth line isn’t going to establish that confidence.  If it had been Pleks or Gomez that had been hurt(knock on wood), I’m certain Maxwell would have gotten the call.

18. KenD29 says:

There is only 1 Lappy !

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

19. mjames says:

I read Hickey’s column today on the Habs injuries. In it he infers that AK46 and Pouliot might be moved up to play in place of Camilleri and Max Pac. He stated that while they have played as top six forward they have been plagued by inconsistent play. Hickey’s comment annoyed me. He like others, including Habs management are attracted to “labelling”. It is my view that if you are going to label people be fair and consistent and don’t employ a double standard. As an example why is it that Gionta , Gomez, and cammileri all get a pass on their play. Why is it that only these two get labelled for their inconsistent play.

I know we can all point to deficiencies in AK46’s and Pouliot’s play but these guys have been far more consistent that the “smurfs”. I never see the press , except maybe the French press, comment on the inconsistent play of the “smurfs”. We are paying AK and Pouliot a combined $5mm while the other three take home $19mm.

mjames

20. krob1000 says:

Tom Pyatt was went to early on for the PK(and he’s third and being quickly closed in on by Moen(3 minutes less) and Gio (16 min’s less))…he earned that opportunity last year in the playoffs….since then his role has nearly evaporated unless Pleks and GIo’s lines have just played long shifts.  He does not take ANY important faceoffs…NONE. Moore was a better alternative to HAlpern IMO…added grit, speed and could still skate well enough to play the PK, Sergei….that one will always bug me…and now witht he PK and Gomez thing going on and the Sergei?Gomez thing last year I am starting to wonder who is really running this team..maybe money talks? Boyd IMo adds way more tha Pyatt…not sure what happened there but something weird went on becuase OByd is a better player than Tom Pyatt no doubt about it. IF Pyattt were to emerg into the layer he looked like hemay be capable of being and IF he were to reduce Pleks and Gio’s PK minutes it would be a value that I could appreciate…it doesn’t appear (right now anyway)that is going to be the case. I ope it does…I like the underdog…but it isn’t looking good for Tom pyatt right now.  White IMo can play Tom Pyatts role better than Tom Pyatt…..and we lack grit….we don;t lack small forwars…and of our small forwards Pyatt is the only one that offers nothing offensively.

jb – I go to see the Bulldog games when they play the Marlies.  White hasn’t looked that great but an early injury can screw up a guy’s year.   I guess he’ll play on the 4th line with Pyatt and Engqvist.  That’s pretty sketchy no matter how you look at it.  It’s not a stretch to say that there’s not a NHL player on that line.  Limit their minutes and hope they don’t have too many breakdowns.  They certainly should be ready to give their all which should compensate somewhat.

I imagine that Eller will go with Pleks and AK while Pouliot and Moen would be split on the 2nd and 3rd lines.  I’d let Moen go with Gionta and Gomez (I realize he’s not top line material) so that we have three well balanced lines.  We’re in a pretty tight spot so I say to hell with it as I’d give DD as much ice as possible.  Dress Weber instead of Picard and hope for some PP goals.

22. habs001 says:

it will be interesting to see how many games auld plays the remaining of the season…some posters have suggested he should play vs the weaker teams which makes sense…but even vs the weaker teams we usually dont score goals so auld has to play well vs any team as most games will be tied or one goal games in the third..

23. CBrady12 says:

I’d love to see you take a 100 mph slap shot to the ribs…too bad you probably can’t even skate…

24. bwoar says:

JM wants a guy he can trust to follow orders and play the system.  This is smart, since we’ll have to win a bunch more 2-1 games before the end of the season.  White’s not gonna break any scoring records but he may take a shift or 3 with Gomez + Gionta to add some muscle on ice.

It’s not like Cammalleri has spent the last month scoring bunches of goals.  “The System” will have to take over, so I hope your hearts are in good shape!

25. habs-hampton says:

If there’s a bright spot to all this, its that these 2 guys get a chance to show their stuff at the NHL level and get to do it against Ottawa. Better than Philly or Detroit.

26. Gormdog says:

I’m a fan of White but you have to figure, considering our offensive woes, wouldnt it be tempting to bring up Maxwell to play 3rd line?

Thats DD, AE, and RW all called up before BM. He can’t be feeling very good about his hopes with this club at the moment!

27. TheDagger says:

I am guessing playing in front of the Bell Centre crowd will snap him out of any laziness habits he may have had.

28. Storm Man says:

Cough Cough…… Say what? White is nothing like Lappy. Just say no next time ok.

29. Chorske says:

Two years ago, I wrote that “picking on the Leafs is getting to be like booing at the Special Olympics”.

I’m not sure I feel that way any more. I figured that after their management reorganization, and the attempted rebuild around guys like Kessel– I always thought Kessel was more of a Hab-style player anyway, and a poor fit in gronky plodding truculent Toronto– fell completely flat, and handicapped the team with an empty farm system… that there would be some modesty, some mea culpas, some honest soul-searching. But I haven’t seen much of that. Instead, they still act like they are legit contenders. In their heads, they honestly think they can win with THAT team. And the Canadian sports networks drink that Kool Aid year after year.

I used to feel sorry for them. But now the fontrum has turned to schadenfreude. The only downside to their suckitude is that they keep spotting two points to division rivals.

30. joeybarrie says:

I dont understand what your saying here. Pyatt IS one of our top PK players, his time is second only to Pleks on forward. He is almost 53% on faceoffs and doesn’t take penalties. He does his fair share of hits, blocks, and is among the lowest number of giveaways on the team. He also has a few takeaways as well.

Moore would have cost us too much. SK is a top 2 line player or he is useless. He isnt good enough for our top 2 lines. Don’t know whats wrong with Boyd, he is doing fine in Hamilton. Laps wasn’t getting enough ice time here, and asked to go somewhere else. We didn’t really need him anyways. Pyatt does a better job for less.

And the fact that he is one of our TOP PK players and we have one of the best PK in the league, that’s saying alot about him.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

31. avatar_58 says:

He’s Lapierre part deux

32. krob1000 says:

his issue from what i have seen is all physical…he appears to be less phsyically developed than other guys his age…maybe he just needs more time? don;t know..will they give him more time? I think he is one of those guys who has the NHl head, skating and playmaking,etc….but until the physical strength is on par he won’t cut it…..once it does I can se him making a go of an NHL career

33. Bill H says:

JD_: Seeing as I live in Toronto and pretty much ignore the exploits of the home team, they are way off my radar.  Okay, well I do notice when they drop one by a touchdown.  LOL  I hold them no ill will, but I will look forward to your comments nonetheless, given that you will no doubt write them with flair, style and ample use of imaginative metaphor.  Oh, and I’ll wear my Wellingtons next time I am down on Yonge St.  I am sure those tortured tears are running about shin deep.

34. Mark C says:

I don’t know, if the question is who better helps the 3rd/4th lines, isn’t White the simple answer?

35. avatar_58 says:

It’s also a pain that Palushaj isn’t lighting it up. Especially since his trade partner is

36. anotherhab says:

A few years back I watched White play while he was with the Calgary Hitmen, he really impressed me — leading the team in points and not afraid to mix it up.  I know he’s fighting for a job with the big club but I’d wish he slow the fighting routine down. He’s capable of putting the puck in the net and adding some much needed grit, sticking up for his team mates —hopefully he doesn’t think he has to fighting every game!!

37. avatar_58 says:

No, I’m referring to the games he actually played. Pacioretty and Desharnais were the real sparks on the team. Maxwell, Russel and Wyman make more sense.

38. Gormdog says:

Except for the Hamilton Circus is now woefully understaffed…

39. twocents says:

Ah, you never know. Maybe they’ve tagged him as a late bloomer and will be willing to sign him for another two years and see what he amounts to during that period.

Either way, he has been a disappointment.

40. Say Ash says:

Hey, so it’s all upside from here

41. Storm Man says:

Im sorry to point out a touchdown is 6 points not 7.

It is written, That is how it is done.

42. Gormdog says:

Neither Pyatt nor White produce much offence.

Pyatt is a solid penalty killer (dime a dozen on this team).

White is an agitator/hitter (scarce a la max, no pun intended).

Pyatt has value but replacing him with White gives us a potentially invaluable upgrade. I like it.

43. KenD29 says:

Would be nice but he will turtle or run behind one of his teammates or linesmen.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

44. KenD29 says:

Darn right. Guess he did not consider his Leafs performance last night “fragile”?! At least the Leafs were good for something last night, they were the leaders in Canadian teams being outscored last night.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

45. krob1000 says:

so were Moore and Lapierre…..the only people calling him “the steal” of the Gomez trade were the people who are always trying to justify the Gomez trade….they still do…so I don’t think it is them doing it.  I don’t dislike Pyatt….I just think he has no place on this team if he isn’t good enough to be one of our top 2 penalty killers and shut down guys….he adds nothing physically, nothing offenseively…so if he is not one of our best two options to put on the ice in pk situations, doesn’t take key faceoffs, doesn’t play a big shutdown role…what exactly is his role? I would much rather have White in the lineup…who skates very well also, plays a d role as well, can play physically and can stand up for teammates…i don’t see a drop in offensive production happening but several other pluses…Pyatt is dirt cheap though and Martin likes him …Martin has never appreciated the physical players…and I tend to agree with him on goons….but guys like White? they are awesome guys to have around…..and he is a far cheaper and more youthful and hungry Travis Moen.  I can hardly remember a situation this year where Pyatt played in a role other than just eating minutes on a fourth line….I can’t remember even one game this year that was close to his playoff games….he was a throw in…and I wouldn’t recommend getting too attached to Pyatt because unless last years playoff Tom Pyatt returns for a very sutained amount of time I can’t see him staying with the club beyond next year…..unless he is content to just keep signing very, very cheap deals and doesn;t mind being essentially a roster filler and injury sub….in that case…..fine….but if Laps, Sergei, Moore, Boyd,etc aren’t good enough to keep around..how long can Tom Pyatt stick?

46. Gormdog says:

If there ever was a sign that maxwell is absolutely DONE with the Habs… this is it…

He’s “supposed” to be a potential top 6 guy, but he also has that Higgins esque quality that makes you believe he could also be a 3rd line guy with some skill…

That was, uh, before we found out he’s at least 4th on the Habs forward depth charts…

47. Storm Man says:

I do see Lappy taking a run at someone Saturday… Not sure who yet but it would be funny if it was G-Love and he gave Lappy his lunch gerber style.

48. shootdapuck says:

Invisible? Possibly it was the 14 games he missed while injured?

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

49. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

No kidding. Friggen pussy went down like he was shot.

To paraphrase Peter Worrel, “I’ve hit my girlfriend harder than that and she didn’t go down…” Funniest “dumbass thing to say” EVER!

“When I was a baby I wish my first word had been “QUOTE”, then right before I die I could say “UNQUOTE” – Stephen Wright

50. joeybarrie says:

I don’t get the hype about White. Dont get me wrong, Im not bashing him. But last season White couldnt outscore Pyatt in the AHL and he had 20+ more games. This season his production is even less. So why do we simply think he can do a better job than Pyatt?

PLUS bringing him up to replace a top 2 line player isnt going to help us. I like his style of play and the physical side he brings. I absolutely think we need it, just not in place of Cammi or MaxPac.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

51. Storm Man says:

I see White wanting to stay with the big club and will do whatever it takes to stay… Btw no weight class in hockey;).

52. avatar_58 says:

White? He’s been pretty invisible this season with the dogs, the games I went to he seemed slow and lazy on plays. Not the same guy we saw last season or pre-season with the habs.

I’m guessing this is due to Pouliot/Eller having a larger role on the top lines, keeping White to the third/fourth with Engvist.

53. KenD29 says:

That’s what I meant by “Dance” !  lol

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

54. Cool Ice Price says:

The bigger they are the harder they fall. One good pop under the chin.

Habs Passion unites us all

55. StevieRay says:

I’m a big fan …6 ‘ 200 lbs ..but plays quite bigger …that’s what I’m talking about . I hope he doesn’t think he has to be our new ” heavyweight ” …he’s probably a good scrapper with guys his size and I know from watching him before he doesn’t take no sh*t.. but I’m hoping he plays his role ..that of a hard nosed 3 or fourth line guy who doesn’t mind going into the corners and plays that tough brand of hockey the WHL is famous for . If he does this I think he’ll be OK ….but a heavyweight…he is not .

56. Storm Man says:

Lappy won’t fight… He will talk trash in french all night to White.

57. twocents says:

Stride fearlessly into the darkness and summon the collective bile of our brethren…

… and puke it all over those maggoty marble loafs.

58. Chuck says:

Had a Leaf fan co-worker yesterday making fun of the ‘fragile Habs’ and how he was glad to see them drop like flies in Buffalo, then proceded to talk up his team’s chances in MSG.

Dude, karma’s a bitch.

Centre Hice: Shocking photo of Cammalleri injury

59. Kooch7800 says:

I would not say he is a goon by he does play an energy role.  Gets physical and plays well defensively

60. Cool Ice Price says:

WOW, the Habs are going to the Dogs.

Habs Passion unites us all

61. KenD29 says:

Maybe the question should be   at what time in the games does White and Lapierre dance on Saturday night?!

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

62. habsruleworld says:

I am with Ya, Here, Here and CHEERS!

Nothing I enjoyed more last night than to watch the Laffs lose,

as I sat laughing like Vincent Price and lovin every minute of it.

63. Chuck says:

Apparently there’s more to Cammy’s injury than meets the eye: Centre Hice: Shocking photo of Cammalleri injury

64. Mrhab24 says:

Is there a fee to join this club?

…I’m on a horse!

65. forskis says:

I do not get all the Tom Pyatt hate…last season and in the playoffs he did well for his role and many were calling him the steal of the Gomez trade…now we cannot wait to be rid of him…he is still doing his role very well with the PK and forechecking (especially lately), so I do not get it…his job is not to light up the scoreboard as much as the other guys.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

66. 123456 says:

In a joking manner of course, someone has got to call out Max Pac and say “Geez dude, you went to the hospital on a stretched while getting an I.V., all for a little bruise??”

On my team he would be buying a round of drinks for everyone!!

Glad he is not badly hurt, looking forward to him with the G’s and hopefully if Pleks plays with AK and BP they really click.

67. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Agreed. White needs to be smart and pick his spots. Hard to get any momentum from watching your rookie get his lunch of bloody chicklets handed to him his first game up.

we have finally run out of midgets.

69. Maksimir says:

I guess I am missing something here.. is White a goon? His numbers on the Dogs don’t look that great.

70. JD_ says:

I’ve been doin’ some serious introspection over the last little while and recently realized somethin’ very important.

For, decades, I have been mockin’ the Mopey Loafs, whether it be the team, its management, or its fans. It has come to the point where I consider myself fully versed in the ways and means to deride and ridicule the entire Loafs movement, able to debase the team’s good moments to the point of ridicule, and capitalize on its moments of weakness in order to colour them even darker.

Like the loss by a touchdown last night.

I’ve come to realize that the entire pursuit is without any real base in anythin’ meaningful. I don’t personally dislike most of the players who’ve worn the colours and I certainly do not begrudge the city of Toronto anythin’. It is purely sport, an arguably juvenile one at that, whose genesis is ultimately unclear to me. In other words, as far as I can tell, I have no real basis for pursuin’ the agenda and recognize that it is ultimately puerile and jejune.

So, I’ve decide to make a change. No longer will I mock the Mopey Loafs.

No, I’m gonna get much, much worse. I am wholeheartedly endeavourin’ to take my derision and contempt to levels before unseen by human eyes and unheard by human ears. No one will be safe. Management and players will bristle with pained unease, the fans will weep, Yonge St. flooded with their tortured tears of crushed dreams and opportunites torn asunder.

The Loafs suk and I shall remain at the forefront, a witness to all their sukness, a tauntin’ voice jeerin’ and chaffin’ their very existence.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

71. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Yes but it may be a helluva lot longer before you see him crowding the net when the Wiz is on the back end. Hope he ain’t gonna be puck shy now.

72. JIMVINNY says:

Not a chance.  White is nowhere near Neil’s weight class.  Regardless of what their vital stats might say, Neil is several inches taller and more than several pounds heavier.

73. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

No one will confuse Ryan White for a Heavy weight but he would certainly pound the snot outta lapierre so its a definite upgrade in the agitator role.

74. nick says:

Wow, great to hear Max is already back on his feet and skating. It may be a few days / week or so before he’s back but this is indeed great news.

75. Storm Man says:

So at what time in the game does White and Neil dance, I have 10:05 in the first.

76. sh00n says:

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. :)

And yeah, my screen is a 24″ Mac, so it probably comes up a helluva lot brighter on mine. Surprisingly, I hate working dark and actually prefer going with white backgrounds; I just wanted to change things up this time. I’ll keep posting the walls as I make them! If I have time, I’ll try and make a white version of this one too.

77. jennifer1984 says:

very good news.

even if they are a couple days of returning, it’s still good to know they’re skating

78. Kooch7800 says:

I concur.  I love saying that.

If we can get Pacc back and Halpern we should be okay without Cammy for a month

79. habsruleworld says:

just when it seemed like the whole world could not get enough enjoyment about the Habs injury status.

great to see Max Pac and Halpern on the ice! might still be out for the next few games, although it is inspiring for the Team!

go habs go

80. Gormdog says:

(bump)

If you could make one Hab DISSAPEAR, and have another player magically appear in his place for this season and this season only, which option would you take?

Alex Auld  *poof* Kari Rammo

Jaro Spacek  *ta-dah* Alexei Emelin

Tom Pyatt  *alakazam*  Ryan White circa training camp

81. Kooch7800 says:

Is there a choice of all the above?

82. Chorske says:

Would Emelin really be an improvement over Spacek? Not sure I buy it. After a bit of a rocky start, Spacek has rounded into form.

I think Pyatt and White are kif-kif. So I don’t see an improvement there.

And Alex Auld, barring a poor third period vs CGY, has been a solid (and occasionally remarkably decent) backup for the workhorse, Price.

I think the injury problems have degraded to the point that we can’t keep expecting to fill top six roles from within. It may be time to look elsewhere, for someone heading towards UFAdom.

83. KenD29 says:

Ryan White called up. Will meet the team in Ottawa.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

84. Storm Man says:

About Fu#$ing time White get’s called up.

85. fbkj says:

pants buzzed

white called up

86. jennifer1984 says:

so glad White was called up.

I loved watching him play at the Dog’s games. Can’t wait to see how he’ll play tomorrow

87. Da Hema says:

Where can I buy pants like yours? They sound very…stimulating.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

88. Gormdog says:

Alas, no, although it seems like my third option has come to fruition!

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen Tom Pyatt lately?

89. joeybarrie says:

Why?

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

90. Gormdog says:

The mild intimidation/physical presence he brings.

Didn’t watch much preseason i’m guessing?

Or the Buffalo game for that matter?

Or the last 5-6-7 years of this organization?

91. Storm Man says:

Why you ask… So he can do Moen’s job that is why.

92. Chorske says:

The accent is on “mild”. I can’t see White being a game-changer. He isn’t that intimidating, although credit the guy for being 100% keen to try to play that role.

93. joeybarrie says:

I have seen White play, and I am looking forward to him coming in and playing very well on the 3rd or 4th lines. HOWEVER, to me we brought up Enqvist to play on that 3rd or 4th line, and now we are bringing up White to play for Cammi on the 1st line??? Or to replace MaxPac on the 2nd????

Don’t get me wrong about White, but a guy who has 2 goals in 25 AHL games, isnt replacing our sniper. MaxPac wont play tomorrow, and if he does he will be asking to be checked HARD and his play will show the pain he is playing with. No offense to MaxPac either but he isnt our best player (yet) anyways, so if he is playing at 75% or less it doesnt look good for us.

I would like to see Pulashaj or even Wyman get a chance since he is doing pretty good down there so far this season. We are gonna need to score to beat Anaheim and Philly…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

94. KenD29 says:

Pouliot and AK46 will more than likely fill MaxPac and Cammi’s spots. White better fit for 3rd or 4th line.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

95. joeybarrie says:

AK, Pleks, and who?

Gio, Gomez and Pouliot.

Ak was already taken down, and we still need a replacement for him. If we put Darche into one of those roles, and we have Enqvist, White, Pyatt and the bunch filling out the bottom, we are still looking thin, REAL THIN.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

96. Storm Man says:

46-14-81…. that should do it.

97. KenD29 says:

Ellar.

Tonight we skate with them, Tonight is our night!

98. Julie H says:

Good for White. Let’s go kids! show ’em what you’re made of!

♪Your cares and troubles are gone. There’ll be no more from now on. From now on happy days are here again, the skies above are so clear again. So let’s sing a song of cheer again. Happy times, happy nights, happy days are here again♪

99. sidhu says:

YES!  White had a great training camp/pre-season.  He will give us much needed grit and energy.

100. Gormdog says:

From what i’ve read he hasn’t been the same player since his injury…

But even 50% of White’s mojo shown during preseason would significantly help our bottom two lines…

101. Hobie Hansen says:

White was called up, beauty! Pyatt hasn’t made many mistake but he contributes nothing. Hopefully White is an upgrade in all areas over Pyatt, especially the toughness department.

Considering Pacioretty went from looking like he shattered his forearm, to broken ribs and a collapsed lung, to bruised ribs and is now skating less than 48hrs later, that’s pretty amazing.

When he was crawling off the ice, I thought the only guy on out club that even comes close to resembling a power forward was done for the year. Can’t wait to see Pacioretty-Gomez- Gionta back in action, good line!

102. mike g says:

I thought the same…

I figured he’d be breathing out of a machine for a little. A 100 mph slap shot straight to an unprotected area is not pleasant. No matter where it hits, it’s gonna hurt; especially in an area used to control your breathing.

Shows that he’s a tough kid, and willing to play with pain. I’m sure it still kills him, but he wants to play for the team.

Good stuff…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

103. twocents says:

Him skating doesn’t really change much from yesterday’s news.

When it was revealed that his ribs were bruised, it mentioned he would be allowed to maintain his cardiovascular shape by skating, but would have to refrain from contact for at least two weeks.

I don’t think this is an indication his time-line has changed from the original month or so.

104. jennifer1984 says:

ok does anyone here watch the “get to know your canadiens” off the website?

so i just saw one about what you would bring to a potluck. Hal Gill……i love this man. I’ve always thought he was funny but his answer made me laugh. “what time of year is it?” “what time of day?” “you can’t come here and ask questions without knowing all the details” and then goes into what he would bring at certain times.

good for a laugh if you need one.

105. Storm Man says:

Buy a iphone4 and put it in your pants pocket, That is what he does.

106. mike g says:

Or buy something much less expensive, and put it in your pocket…

Not sure the Apple warranty covers malfunctions due to damages sutained in your pants pocket.

But anyways, back to Ryan White…

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

107. G-Man says:

Just place a few live bees/hornets/wasps in your pants pocket and voila!

108. ZepFan2 says:

They may be stimulating, but imagine the cleaning bill!

————————————————————————

“Young people have seen that a team can play electrifying, fascinating hockey while still behaving like gentlemen.”

~Serge Savard~

109. Da Hema says:

:-)

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

110. Kooch7800 says:

Watching the dogs now will be a little rough, no pacc, no DD, no webber, and now no white.  Crazy part is they are still playing well. Sorry forgot about Enqvist as well

I was surprised they didn’t call up Maxwell over Enqvist

111. jennifer1984 says:

well at least i moved…..i don’t get to watch them. now i go to OHL games to see the Soo Greyhounds…..not as good but i’ll take whatever hockey i can get!

112. TommyB says:

I’m interested in the big return this Saturday night.  No, not Saku Koivu, although that will be an emotional bit for quite a few Habs fans.  Personally, I appreciated what Koivu brought to the Habs during his tenure, but I’m long over it.  I’m thinking more of the return of our departed pugilist, Max Lapse (oh, did I spell that wrong?).  Habs fans are split on what exactly Lapierre brought to the club while he was here, but it wasn’t much no matter how you look at it.  He might even get the obligatory “returning Hab goal” on his former club.  But, this bit regarding Ryan White being called up has me kind of hoping for a little scrap between the two.  I’m probably hoping for too much, but I am hoping.

113. sh00n says:

I’m sure White will be willing, but Max will shake the gloves, laugh, and skate away to the bench.

114. sh00n says:

Really happy to see White get called up; I thought he should’ve been on the opening day roster after the pre-season he had but he has cooled off considerably since. Regardless, I hope he sees some playing time – and not as a result of another injury…

In other news, I just finished off a new desktop wallpaper of PK for anyone who is interested. It’s for fairly large screens however, at 1900×1200, but you can adjust it as you want. Just hit the download image to the right to save it and let me know what you guys think! I’d appreciate it.

Link: http://katsenhakeron.deviantart.com/#/d37h7vk

115. oshawahabsfan says:

Ha nice Iggy photoshop

116. avatar_58 says:

Oooh purdy. Awfully dark though isn’t it?

117. petrov14 says:

Very nice. But I was hoping the pic was of your avatar, lol.

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

118. habs001 says:

we need to start winning a few road games…of the top 18 teams in the nhl only anaheim and us are under 500 on the road

119. habs001 says:

ottawa is playing the flyers today so we should be rested friday

120. Da Hema says:

While my pants did not buzz like poster fbjk, TSN reports Pacioretty will play next game despite pain and difficulty breathing. I admire Max’s will, but I am not sure he should play this soon. He may end up being a liability on the ice.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

121. oshawahabsfan says:

This is an instance where the medical staff has to do their job. We need our players to be 100% percent healthy to be of use to us. Not to mention his injury isn’t a run of the mill one that you may be able to play through. One bodycheck in that area and he’s back on the shelf for longer than he would have been oringinally. After what happened to Laperierre, the clubs need to dictate when a player comes back with more authority

122. Kooch7800 says:

I think he should sit for a game or two as well.  No sense of having him play at 70% when there is healthy bodies who can play and you don’t want to further agrivate the injury

123. SmartDog says:

Thankfully, the only thing that makes my pants buzz over the Habs is this.

I agree about Patches though if the docs let him play he must be okay.

“It bothers me…there are old coaches in the league today that don’t know how to deal with these young personalities.” – Mike Peca on JM handling of PKS

124. SmartDog says:

5 QUESTIONS (T/F VERSION):

1. Great that Patches can play but if his ribs are cracked he should take more time.

2. It’s smart to put AK on the 3rd line.  For whatever reason he seems to do well there – and it spreads out our attack.

3. I hope they don’t trade Pouliot (despite issues) because he has
    one thing other “depth” players don’t. A huge potential upside.

4. PK so far seems to have survived both JM and the swirl of interest around his every move and seems to be back to strong, and sometimes dramatic play.

5. If he gives it his all, Ryan White could steal a job from one of our depth guys. His physical play is needed – Tom Pyatt look out!

SD

—–

Which one of these is a question, doggy?

126. Rugger says:

T if cracked, F if only bruised

T

T

T

Not enough info to know

127. Gormdog says:

T-T-T-T-T

Especially #3.

128. TomNickle says:

1. He needs more time, breathing will be a big problem for the next ten days or so.

2. Andrei Kostitsyn needs to be put in a situation where he`ll be relied on, sink or swim, so false.

3. True, Pouliot has the most offensive upside of any player in our organization.

4. PK has been fine, typical rookie season.

5. White could steal a job from somebody, but not Pyatt or Darche, Martin loves them.

129. Kooch7800 says:

1) Bad move to have him in the line up. They will target him all night with big hits on the boards making the issue worse. Pac’s is good but missing him for a couple of games will not be the end of the world. Why risk it?

2) Leave AK there it motivates him to be on that line. Feels like he has something to prove.

3) Pouliot would be a waste if traded. He can score, great skater and can check. As much as people dog him I don’t think he is a bad player at all.

4) PK is looking better. He will still have some hiccups but that is life as a rookie and a risk taker.  I don’t like the amount of attention he gets.  For some reason he has been a media target.  Kind of like Price last year.

5) Won’t happen. White is a different player than Pyatt. Pyatt is a penalty killer and White is just and energy guy with also limited offensive ability. He could take DD’s role but I like DD. he has played well in my opinion.

130. StevieRay says:

T , T, T,T,T

131. punkster says:

Since they’re not questions I’ll go with long form responses:

1. Who says his ribs are cracked?

2. Maybe when we have a full lineup with Cammy and Max back but he would be the logical filler for the top 6 during injuries at this time.

3. I don’t believe anyone is untradeable given the right returns. There are a few whose returns would command more than any other team may be willing to give but untradeable, no.

4. Survived JM? Back to strong? He was benched for repeatedly making dumb mistakes, he learned the error of his ways and he has shown remarkable skill and maturity in coming back and playing better. He still makes rookie mistakes but fewer it seems each game and he is concentrating on his primary role now, that of a defenceman.

5. Ryan White is another cog in the mechanism. He’s not a saviour, he’s not a dud. If he’s smart he’ll display the hunger and tenacity that will lead to him being invited to stay in place of some underperformer who could be sent down for “reHab”.

***Subbang!!!***

132. habsfan_61 says:

this is a real depth tester for the team.as long as we maintain our heads above water until the forwards injuries heal we should be fine.

133. Mr.Hazard says:

Si «Capitaine Courage» avait pu changer le cours de l’histoire, obtenir
    plus de succès en séries n’est pas la seule chose qu’il aurait faite
    différemment.

«Peut-être que je parlerais couramment le français, lance Koivu avec un sourire gêné.

Cyberpresse Article

134. matraque says:

His biggest mistake and the main factor why the Habs market (vast majority of french canadians) where never really in love with Saku.

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

135. habaddict_andy says:

More True or False and not questions.

136. SmartDog says:

They’re True or False statements.

I’m testing the theory that people don’t need a lot of cues to crap all over everything.  :)

137. Say Ash says:

They need cues on how to answer, though

138. newbrunswick troy says:

Here is a good question?????

How does the habs rank so far in the “man games lost dept.”

139. forskis says:

This was posted earlier…they rank 27th in man games lost…as in amongst the fewest lost.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

140. SmartDog says:

I agree.  Nice but even as a darker image I think it’s made too dark for the average computer screen (I bet your screen is a nice big bright one).   And personally even if made less dark I’d prefer something a bit brighter but that might not be your taste.

141. fbkj says:

and this is the biggest reason the vast majority of french canadians are viewed by many to be backwards and xenophobic

but hey so long as we have something in common with the south i guess thats all that matters

142. matraque says:

You have to understand that no everyone speaks and understand english.  It’s normal that the vast majority of you market wants the team captain to at least be able to address the fans in their own language.

Same will happen to Gionta, but he stated that he wants to learn.

In France, most of the football players that plays in the leagues speaks french and i’ve heard once that it’s mandatory for the captain to speak french as well.

And thanks for the misplaced generalization!

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

143. The Cat says:

Why do you say xenophobe? Lets face it, he was no Dave Tiger Williams. Koivu isnt a particularly interesting fellow, has boring interviews and doesnt have a whole lot of charisma. He was here a bunch of years and Im sure most have the feeling that they dont know much about him.

144. fbkj says:

really? not everyone speaks and understands english in quebec? holy crap thanks for the heads up

anywhoo

i personally dont care if the captain of the habs addresses the fans at all, care even less in what language, but thats just me

they are hockey players, jocks and last but not least, human

to put language on the forefront ahead of everything else this man has done for our city is, to be honest, rude

i stand by my generalization

145. fbkj says:

i say xenophobe because of the allowed discrimination that goes on in quebec

its so part of everyday life that most people dont even realize that its going on

146. Da Hema says:

That poster really made your pants buzz!

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

147. matraque says:

Hey, he said himself it was a mistake…

I take your generalization has offensive.  I’m french canadian.

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

148. fbkj says:

no but an invite to go running with mike cammalleri at le dix30 did ???

from scotia bank…

the hell is this about?

149. fbkj says:

so am i

boo hoo

150. matraque says:

Yeah, it’s really amazing when my dad goes to a starbucks in Montreal and is served in english… He has no idea what’s going on.

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

151. mike g says:

A professional athelete has 1 job; to perform.

He’s paid accordingly, and should be judged on that alone.

His job isn’t to speak the language that a minority of people want him to upon their simple request. That nonsense was started by a sample of people seeking entitlement. They viewed it as a battle they must win in order to show their supremacy and power in this province.

A 50 goal scorer will score 50 goals no matter if he speaks english, french, or simply can’t speak. And that’s why you hire certain players, to perform on the ice.

David Desharnais could be Sweedish and speak only greek, and I wouldn’t look at him any differently. Brian Gionta could be from Mexico and speak only german, and I still wouldn’t care.

As long as they won us games and did their jobs properly, that’s what counts.

And in the end, when it takes a few ” Merci’s” or “Je Suis” to make a group of people all happy and giddy, it’s really sad….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

152. matraque says:

Nice way to bring your own kind down and look bad…

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

153. fbkj says:

and its amazing when my mother gets her food spat into in a restaurant in boucherville for speaking english

i feel for the trauma your father received

154. The Cat says:

Im not going to say it doesnt exist or that there arent some people with backwards thinking…But Ive been around and theres backward people in every province and every state my friend, most notably British Columbia lol ^_^.

155. fbkj says:

im not the one content with looking bad

156. matraque says:

It’s not sad… The vast majority of the market LOVES that.  I was at the Bell Centre at the home opener and the crowd went nuts when they heard Gionta speaking french.

It’s crazy what a little scripted thing can do…

Even Garry Carter understood that.

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

157. fbkj says:

this i cant argue lol (although nobody’s got nothin on new brunswick)

158. matraque says:

Tu penses que j’ai l’air con?  Je ne fais que dire mon opinion…

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

159. Kooch7800 says:

I only care what they do on the ice not what language they speak. He could speak mandarin and it would not matter to me. He is paid to play hockey and he tried every shift for this team.

Last time I checked Koivu was always doing great things for the city of montreal with his charitable work but the only thing people can focus on is that he did not speak french.

This is the kind of stuff that gives Quebec a bad name

160. matraque says:

At least, my Dad try to speak with my GF who does not speak french at all…  And she tries to speak some french… gotta respect that.

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

161. forskis says:

I’m not sure that your dad being served in English is a crime, nothing wrong that…HOWEVER, if he requested to be served in French and did not get it, then THAT is a crime.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

162. fbkj says:

this i can respect all around, nothing more beautiful than all languages flowing without hinderance or any awareness that different languages are carrying a conversation

only in montreal

love it

163. fbkj says:

no and i apologize if i came off that way, i just wish we could move on is all

164. Rudy says:

Wait until Bugs signs on and sees this thread……..it will get ugly.

Interesting story (I think) – I live in VA and a new kid started at my daughter’s school, grade 5, from Montreal, just moved here, both parents are pretty much bilingual (but mother tongue is French). This 10 year old kid can’t speak English! How does that happen?????

“Start the season with a clean equipment bag and a freah bucket of febreze!”-CharlieHodgeFan

165. Da Hema says:

“Only in Montreal?” Come now. That is simply Montreal pomposity rearing its face. Vancouver is just as linguistically diverse.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

166. Graves says:

Although I understand – and, to a certain point, respect – the reasoning behind wanting the captain to speak French, I always thought it was particularly unfair to expect it of Koivu. Nobody seems to remember the fact that when he came over he first and foremost had to learn how to speak English. So he had enough linguistic challenges going on without the added pressure of having to learn French. With all the guy gave to the team and to the city itself, I’ll never understand why some (and I stress some) people couldn’t just let the French issue slide.

167. Bill says:

I’m not sure New Brunswick is more backward than the rest of Canada. Plus we’re the most bilingual province, and there is definitely a lot of tolerance for language. I could name much more backward, bigoted places in Canada, but will refrain out of politeness.

Full Breezer 4 Life

168. fbkj says:

yeah but nobody understands each other :)

169. mike g says:

It is sad…

The vast majority of the market would rather win a Cup with only english speaking players on the team than have a roster of 23 french speaking players.

It’s all about winning. And if winning a Cup means having 23 Asian players each having 4 legs and 3 eyes, then build that team and I’ll support them.

And I’ll tell you where it gets even dumber. Immagine if Carey Price was french, and his name was Pascal Poulin. Would Pascal Poulin have gotten booed in a preseason game this year after allowing a goal on the 1st shot of the game?

No, he wouldn’t have.

Speaking french, english or no language at all should have absolutely zero influence on a professional hockey team.

And those who think otherwise are either really bored or need to open their eyes.

Saku decided not to learn french, but decided to donate millions of dollars to hospitals IN QUEBEC, so that the FRENCH SPEAKING PEOPLE/CHILDREN OF QUEBEC could have a chance of survivng illnesses and themselves have a chance to learn the french language. Saku, every single day, gives Quebecois kids hope to one day go to school and learn french.

Yet he’s not given full marks, because he himself doesn’t speak it.

Ok, fine. If that’s what you want….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

170. fbkj says:

was making a joke, im acadian, im allowed :)

171. fbkj says:

nah ill bow out if bugs jumps on board

some parents here dont see english as beneficial

172. avatar_58 says:

I don’t understand why this is an issue for people. Koivu is class personified

173. mike g says:

It’s an issue because it sells.

The people here eat that stuff when it’s on the radio or newspapers. They love it. IMO, anything that involves controversy and drama is loved by Quebecois people.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

174. SLONCOLD says:

maybe the fans should realise that wanting a championship is more important than having french players on the team… also it’s been stated by many french players that they avoid montreal because of the pressure and the crazy market that is montreal.

175. LA Loyalist says:

I trust you’ll catch the pre-game bits Saturday night? When the visiting team skates out. Maybe you’ll understand what Saku Koivu gave on the ice, on not especially good teams in a sometimes chaotic environment.

That he helped raise $6M for an MRI machine in Montreal, plus probably stuff we don’t even know about. That he beat cancer here and came back, that he beat a cut eyeball here and came back. That he’s playing hard in Anaheim especially with Getzlaf out and how great he looks with Selanne. He takes important face-offs and important penalty kills and the last minutes of periods.

When I meet Anaheim fans at the rink and they find out I’m a Habs fan they ask me if we were insane.

Maybe none of the above makes him “interesting”. I guess he’s not Sean Avery or as funny as Gomez.

Tune in Saturday night and you will see what the Montreal fans want to say: Thank you.

Racism will exist in any culture, certainly when two cultural or social classes share the same territory. In Quebec French is like a protected species or a heritage site. It’s archaic and past its best due date. Nevertheless it exists, it persists, it’s a fact of life here in Quebec and, to a lesser degree now, Canada.

People are people and all it takes is an effort. Nobody in Quebec expects anglos or allophones to master French, but in the case of celebrities or personalities it’s ultra respected and in Koivu’s sake his persistant lack of effort was seen as not just a snub but as an affront. Do I agree with it? Not at all. I just see it as there.

I’ll be surprised to see Koivu get a standing ovation. Maybe Lapierre gets a bigger welcome.

This I disagree with. A small minority are backwards and xenophobic and they are a dominant vocal minority. Quebec is also advanced socially in many ways. I wouldn’t live anywhere esle in NA than Montreal. It’s tough as an English speaking person but I do it.

178. Chips says:

No links are showing up for me in the articles right now.

MaxPac may be able to play if his ribs are just bruised, but he will be on some heavy pain meds. They will likely wait and see how he feels when they are fulling kicked in at game time to make the call. Trust he is a tough hombre if he does go, cause bruised ribs hurt like a mofo!!!!

25 in 2011

179. Chuck says:

Shouldn’t that be “sent up for reHab”?    😉

Centre Hice: Shocking photo of Cammalleri injury

180. JD_ says:

I’d be really surprised if MPac plays. Even a modest rib injury’s a handful when you’re breathin’, let alone pantin’. Take it to the contusion level and it’s downright debilitatin’. I would speculate the docs have cleared him enough to stay with the ebb and flow of things, but he won’t be dressin’ until after the All-Star break.

Listenin’ to Team 990 whilst runnin’ some errands earlier. Marinaro and I Don’t Know, I Just Don’t Know were discussin’ – ad nauseam, I might add – what would be an appropriate gesture(s) with respect to properly honorin’ Saku on Saturday night, his first return to the Bell Centre some 18 months since his departure.

Whatever it is, I’m hopeful that any formal portion is relatively low key – e.g., a pregame video montage – and that the club ultimately leaves it to the fans to run the show. It just strikes me as appropriate given the kind of guy he is. The fans in this town can be many things, but never doubt their collective savvy. Yeah, there’s always natterin’ on one fringe or other, but natterin’ is never noise. Koivu’s not gonna be headin’ home with any lingerin’ doubts about what people in this city think of the way he conducted himself as a player and man while he wore the CH.

I am, however, curious to know if the calculated irony of me booin’ him out loud every time he touches the puck would be lost on the people sittin’ around me, compellin’ a feral gang of well-liquified fans in Koivu jerseys to come over intent on poundin’ the shiznat out of me.

I suppose there’s only one way to find out.

181. forskis says:

I was just on CBC’s live hockey chat with Glen Healy today and one of my questions got through…some people here have advocated giving up on the season due to injuries…I mentioned that and Healy’s response:

Don’t wait for next year. Who scares you in the East? With Price they can beat any team.”

Good enough for me.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

182. punkster says:

JD, I fear for your life young fella. One should never tempt the fates in such ways. Why not just stick your tongue in a light socket and have the kids take turns switching you on and off? Way more stimulating and less bruising.

***Subbang!!!***

183. mike g says:

Yeah, he’s right….

The Flyers don’t scare anyone. Nope. Such a crap team. Heck, I don’t even know how they’re in the playoffs now. Florida is a much better team…

….(roll my eyes)…

Glen, oh Glen.

You know, I really wonder how the heck some people are employed in the hockey community.

And to think it’s out tax money paying this guy to sound dumber than a drunk donkey….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

184. Bash says:

Re Saku’s return….The crowd votes him first star regardless of the game outcome and then gives him the standing O

What do you think>

“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.” (anon)

185. forskis says:

I know, I know…Philly was the first team to pop into my head…but hey, stranger things have happened.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

186. secretdragonfly says:

Only if he doesn’t score against us :)

187. Chuck says:

That’s probably the most sane thing that I’ve read on here all day. (with apologies to all of the sane posters, of course)

Centre Hice: Shocking photo of Cammalleri injury

188. shiram says:

Isnt there some kinda rule that makes the skater who scores the game winning goal the first atar?

189. Habnofear says:

Ha ha …so I’m watching CNN and the lil news update bar blows by and reads :”Robbery CREW steals,snorts cremated ashes…”Unbelievable eh! So now I think if this were a group of Hab fans  and I was one of them which Hab great would I snort,lol…my ans : I’d have too snort a Rocket…wtf .

190. TomNickle says:

I would love a rematch with that team with healthy lineup.  If nothing else than to see PK put your boy through the god damn boards.  PK needs to earn the respect of a 25 year old about as much as I need a hernia.

Your boy is a puke who needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.  And the next time HE runs off at the mouth I hope he actually has the balls to drop his gloves when the kid who he badmouths challenges him to do so.

Your boy is gutless.

191. Propwash says:

Saw that too. Darwin Award candidate right there.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

192. JD_ says:

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide (1869-1951)

Now, admittedly, we’re talkin’ oceans of blood here, Punks, but I’ve never been one content to, as Philip Andrew Adams said, “…sit in front of the telly and treat life as if it goes on forever.”

Gotta live, baby!

193. Chuck says:

I’m starting to think that the puck has dinged off of your crossbar a few too many times.

Centre Hice: Shocking photo of Cammalleri injury

194. bigdave says:

Ah, the O’Byrne precedent.

Ex-convict dreams of NHL

Mike was taken advantage of as a young kid without a father, by David Frost, who is a pervert and should have been in prison himself in my opinion.

Good luck to you Mike Danton

196. Chuck says:

Only overtime or shootout, I believe. Otherwise, a goalie would never get the 1st star.

Centre Hice: Shocking photo of Cammalleri injury

197. punkster says:

You go girl!

***Subbang!!!***

198. bigdave says:

Consider the source!

His contract with HNIC must be up for renewal and he is brown nosing to show how the fans love him!

He is normally one of the pro-Laffs Moonies.

199. bigdave says:

At least he answered!

200. mike g says:

Ok, don’t know why you had to bring up the Subban issue, but anyways..

All I was saying was that the Flyers are by far the most balanced team in the East, and every team should be aware of them. And I’m sure every team already is. So on that, Glen is a clown for saying there’s no teams to fear in the east.

And I’m not gonna get into a Mike Richards debate. I’m a Habs fan myself, and I’m able to admitt they have a better all around team than ours, but I’ve learned that when anything regarding the Flyers is involved, other Hab fans just can’t lift the hate they have for Philly.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

201. Danno says:

Sh!t happens. Just ask Keith…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

202. PeterD says:

Did anyone here get to watch the Habs practice today?

Was wondering how Endquist looked out there with Moen and Pyatt?

Anyone got an update??

203. Psycho29 says:

Just received a reply from Denis Andrychik, the Communications Officer of the CBC:

We were sorry to read that you have found some of the remarks you have heard on HNIC to be “prejudicial.” All of our commentators present opinion – while we expect them to be fair, they need not be, as a reporter would, objective in their assessment of players’ behaviour or a team’s actions.

Mike Milbury, Don Cherry and P.J. Stock are employed by HNIC as analysts, to provide their candid and opinionated views on the game. We know that viewers will not always agree with the analysis in the different segments. We also know that some viewers simply don’t like some of the analysts’ style.

You wrote that you believe Don was “condoning” violence directed toward P.K. Subban. We must disagree: Don has stated repeatedly and clearly on air that he does not condone players deliberately hurting each other.

You also wrote that both P.J. and Mike had called players cockroaches; what they did do was describe a style of play, when players deliberate antagonize each other on-ice with chippy play. Mike referred to it as “nonsense” both for the irritation it causes and for the way it interferes with the flow of the game. If you recall, neither Mike nor P.J. named any players as cockroaches.

Again, we appreciate the time you have taken to make us aware of your opinion. We welcome all audience feedback. Your comments were circulated among the production staff of HNIC and throughout CBC Sports. In addition, it was included in a report this department prepares for circulation throughout the Corporation to all senior executives, producers and programmers at CBC, including the President and CEO.

Sincerely,

Denis Andrychuk

Communications Officer

CBC Audience Relations

204. fbkj says:

just got this email

Bonjour à tous,

Nos voisins (Banque Scotia) invitent tous les clients du Coin des coureurs à venir rencontrer un joueur du Canadien de Montréal dimanche le 23 janvier entre 14 :00 et 15 :30. Leur adresse est la même que la notre soit 7240 Boul. du Quartier. Le joueur va signer des autographes à tout ceux qui le désirent. Ils m’ont mentionné la possibilité de Michael Cammalleri mais ce n’est pas confirmé à cause de sa blessure. Pour plus d’information vous pouvez contacter la Banque Scotia au…”

hmmm

edit: whats up with the formatting on HIO?

205. Danno says:

The site is acting funny again. No hyperlink feature in the comments box among other things…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

206. TomNickle says:

I don’t hate Phili at all.  I picked them to WIN the cup last year.  I respect every franchise in the NHL not named the Lightning or Islanders.

The Flyers are easily the most balanced, deep and dangerous team in the East, and it’s not even close.  But I would love a rematch like I said, because there is hate between the two teams, and when two teams hate each other that much, all bets are off.  See Colorado v. Detroit.

Oh and on the Richards thing, in my discussions with you over the months I’ve gotten a pretty good handle on what kind of qualities you admire in a player.  So it would stand to reason that you still respect Mike Richards, but if you still like him I may have misjudged you.

Saying Subban needs to back off of his ways is one thing.  Telling him to honour the code.  But running all over the ice like Richards does, refusing to drop the gloves with Subban, and then bitching about him to the media is the biggest violation of the code that there is.  And that is, don’t run your mouth if you aren’t willing to back it up with your fists.  Subban was, Richards wasn’t.  It would appear that Subban has more respect for the code than Richards does now wouldn’t it.

207. TomNickle says:

Maybe, but saying that Milbury didn’t call players cock roaches means he doesn’t know how to review film of prior broadcasts.  He essentially lied in his response.

208. Julie H says:

Any other details?!

209. Gormdog says:

Have to respectfully disagree Ian:

No matter how much someone messes with your head, trying to have them killed (whether they be your former coach or current father), is inexcusable. We will never truly know what happened between Frost and Danton, the one thing we do know for sure is that Danton tried to hire a hit man.

I don’t wish him luck – I wish him away to another country….

210. Psycho29 says:

I also mentioned in my email that Milbury had called Kovalev “a dog” a couple of times. No mention of that in his reply…

211. PeterD says:

Typical BS CBC beaurcratic response from a tax payer funded boondoggle of a station.  HNIC sucks and all of their on air staff make me want to puke.  I don’t speak or understand French with the exception of a few words here and there…but I have decided to watch Habs games on RDS rather than be insulted and angered by the CBC crew.

You know what, I prefer to listen to the game in French with all the excitement and emotion their crew puts into the play by play and not understand a word of what they are saying than have my ears start to bleed listening to Bob Cole, Ron MaClean, Don Cherry, PJ Stock, Milbury, et al.

Thank you Psycho for your attempt to get their attention…But I really think that group at HNIC is the core group of so called “old guard” that are concerned more about the so-called “Code” than the future of the game itself.

212. The Cat says:

I agree with that answer, other than Philly, all are beatable. And whether the habs are healthy or not, its all up to Price.

213. TomNickle says:

No HNIC comments or analysis on Lucic punching Meyer in the face when he wasn’t looking.

Then again, supplementary discipline isn’t a concern when one of your players is the offspring of the league’s disciplinarian.

214. fbkj says:

just a phone number

215. clubdehockey says:

One quality that I do like considerably about Gomez (cuz god knows it’s not his elite scoring ability) is his constant willingness to volunteer himself as the scapegoat.  I feel like this attribute of his takes a lot of pressure off of the other guys in the room, who in a team sport, should realistically all be equally liable in a loss.  If AK, Pouliot, or any of the rookies now on the roster are able to avoid any negative attention after a loss because Gomez willingly takes all the blame, then I think that can actually be very positive.  I imagine it’s great for their confidence… and we all know how important confidence is in this game (especially for the aforementioned players).

The sooner ALL Habs fan migrate to RDS the sooner any crap CBC, TSN or any other Tarana network spews will stop being relevant.

217. TomNickle says:

The CBC is accountable to nobody by the way.  Your efforts are nice but you can’t possibly expect results or change.

Oh by the way, when Cherry kicks the bucket, Milbury will get his own segment.

218. shiram says:

Ahh that makes sense.

219. fbkj says:

totally agreed

even with benny brunet, still worth it

220. SLONCOLD says:

if i got 7.3m/year i wouldn’t mind being the scapegoat at work

221. The Cat says:

Complaining to the CBC only reinforces those that are into place, to them any reaction is a good thing.

222. SLONCOLD says:

could call it “how not to be a GM”

223. The Cat says:

Its easy for him to do so cause hes a passive producer, if those around him dont produce, neither does he.

224. mike g says:

Maybe Mike did…

He’s a young player too, and yes even though I really like him, he does go overboard sometimes. Did he do that in the Subban situation, sure he probably did. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe it was planned, I don’t know. I choose to appreciate the way he plays on the ice because of his never quit attitude, and he will do anything to win; 2 qualities any NHL team wants in all of their players. What Richards says to the media simply doesn’t bother me one bit. If what he says is right or wrong, I really don’t care. I don’t like him for his interviews, I like him for the results he delivers on the ice.

All I know is one thing. Subban is a great kid, and I like him alot. 2nd favorite Hab along with Pleks, right behind Price. But all I know is that ever since Richards made those comments, alot of people in this city have for some reason jumped onto Subbans back and can’t stop criticizing anything he does, no matter if it’s good or bad. Other teams seem to target PK and hit him more than others, trash talk with him more than they did before, etc…

Is all of that because of what Richards said, and now we put the kid under the smallest microscope? Or is it just a coincidence?

I don’t know, all I know is that life has been hard for Subban since that incident. He got scratched 3 times, bashed in the media, etc….And when that is happening to your top prospect by your own fans, it’s something that puts a smile on the face of every other NHL team. They know he’s gonna have a hard time, and they’re making life more difficult for him. It worked for some time, and now it looks like PK has settled down and can control himself.

So once again, maybe PK’s 2 month slide has nothing to do with that incident. Or maybe it does. Maybe Richards spoke like a clown on purpose and it had a negative effect on Subban and the Habs, but a positive one for all the other teams fighting for the playoffs? Or, maybe he was just plain wrong and talking out of his as*.

All I know is following that Richards mele, PK went downhill for a while.

But, I’m glad he’s back and playing like our #1 d-man….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

225. Da Hema says:

“Idiot’s Corner” with Ron McLean and Mike Milbury.

Has a ring to it.

226. Da Hema says:

While this may seem quiant and even traditional in our cynical age, the laws, not individuals, ought to reign supreme. No one has the legitimate authority to hire assassins.

227. clubdehockey says:

If I got $500,000 a year at work I wouldn’t mind being the scapegoat… I’m not sure salary is relevant to this particular point, because all the players on the roster are clearly well off.

I’m just commenting on the guy’s personality and what he brings to the team outside of his actual on-ice production (or lack thereof, as some may argue).

228. fbkj says:

nice to hear gomer address the pk celebration/snub

229. avatar_58 says:

Why would I chose less-than-SD RDS over HD CBC/TSN? I’m apparently not allowed to have RDS HD so what choice to do I have? It’s bad enough I can’t understand the language 70% of the games….

230. Propwash says:

Can’t listen to it at work, what did he say?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

231. fbkj says:

to sum it up, it was ballbusting and that there was nothing wrong with the celebration

232. Storm Man says:

Why would you only want 500k?

233. Propwash says:

Cool, thanks. It’s funny to see the mountains being made from molehills ’round here.

234. shiram says:

Well some reporters tried to make a mountain out of it, and some people ate it up.

235. matraque says:

I know i won’t… that’s stupid.  Carey should get it.

——

Canadien en 5! Never go Full Retard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwGRJA28lY&feature=related

236. The Cat says:

Its cause of the idiotic anglophone media who make a big deal out of everything Subban does, most likely because hes black.

237. Gormdog says:

Easy for him to say after the fact. If it was legitimate annoyance/stfu PK type of reaction, do you think there is any chance he would actually admit it afterwards?!?

What could he have possibly said other than what was just stated: “Was all fun and games, no problem there.”

It’s not an “issue” to make a “big deal” about… But its very, very, very clear that Gomez’s reaction was no joke, or, at least is wasn’t to PK…

238. fbkj says:

case in point,; i present gormdog

239. Hobie Hansen says:

LOL ya OK…

240. Gormdog says:

Gomez is a guy that jokes all the time… And suddenly PK didn’t get the punchline?

I’m not making a big deal out of it, but it was what it was.

You say i’m eating up the medias garbage, i say the same thing about you eating up players standard “answers in a box”.  Difference is i’m basing my opinion on actions that i saw, not hearesay…

241. observer says:

Habs should add a 4th jersey for this year. Bulldogs logo.

242. Bill says:

As a guy who is mostly a bleeding-heart, I wish to stress that I mean no disrespect to the bleeding-hearts who posted below. But anyone who takes advantage of or hurts a kid deserves the Charles Bronson treatment.

Now, I don’t know what happened with Danton and Frost, so I’m speaking not about that specifically, but just in general. In my line of work I’ve heard stories that would make anyone cry, and if I had the vaguest idea who did this stuff – abuse, assault, rape – I would be glad to appoint myself Batman.

Full Breezer 4 Life

243. newbrunswick troy says:

Hey phycho;  thanks for sharing that …i too a month ago sent a simular email to  Denis A.  and got a simular defence back from him….first it is good that us Hab fans voice our displeasure in having to hear the analysts bias on cbc…i,m sure they adress it behind the scenes….And further more send him back  a retort(like i did)  saying more to the point that if they can,t make the viewing a pleasure for Habs fans..than we will be left to view the product elsewhere>>>>Now that gets thier attention!!!!

Or simply tell him screw off i,m done and will never support cbc again!!!

244. fbkj says:

did you hear the soundbite, gomez wasnt asked about it, he went there himself and its not as if he painted a rosy picture either, he even called pk a “little sh[t” in the interview

245. Mark C says:

Gomez stated that he called PK an Mf’er because Gomez would now have to talk to the media. This is a whole lot to do about nothing, it’s simply a case of locker room high jinks. Gomez made it seem that he was upset with the way Montreal blew a four goal lead; he was happy with the win but likely upset about the fact that the game went to OT.

246. observer says:

you’re right about the reason but it’s more than the media, it’s as the bigot cherry calls them ” those good old canadian country boys” who don’t like it at all some someone not of their tribe can play this game, even better than most of them.

247. observer says:

these flunky sports reporters and broadcasters of the media, for the most part are always holier than thou. which is quite understandable as they are perfect human beings themselves.

248. Mark C says:

Not to make things up, but everyone else is so…If Gomez said anything, I’d guess he told PK to “go pound sand we just blew a 4 goal lead”.  PK is a rookie and in all sports rookies are put through the ringer, anyway I’m sure this is water under the bridge.

249. light_n_tasty says:

Yah Mike, good luck finding an agent!!!

250. punkster says:

Wow…just wow. People will do anything to spin a story out of stuff like this. Not enough hugs as a kid is my guess. Makes them starved for attention.

***Subbang!!!***

251. Gormdog says:

Obviously Gomez knows the story snowballed and felt like he had to adress is…

Do i think there is massive animocity towards PK / that he has attitude problems  (as the “english media” would have us believe)? Not in the slightest.

Do i think Gomer was legitamatly annoyed at the one man PK showboat? The look on PK’s face sums it up pretty well.

Big diff between believing what the media says and believing what you see with your own eyes.

Wouldn’t have PK gotten the joke?!? That’s almost exclusively what Gomer goes, yet, PK looked genuinely dissed and dissapointed…

Athletes are human, everyone isnt going to get along. Does it deserve this much press? Not at all.

But Gomez saying “it was just a joke”, to me, does not make it so. He’s usually way more funny anyways!

252. observer says:

you’re wasting your time debating with any leftist working for the cbc! or anywhere else! its all bush’s fault -whatever you are complaining about!

253. observer says:

your taxes pays for that garbage! they dont give a hoot!

254. Gormdog says:

Exactly. Am i even saying that it is a “bad thing” that it happened? Not all all.

Just saying it looked way more genuine than “I was just jokin’ around”.

255. Propwash says:

Do you recall which game/date they called PK a cockroach? Was it against Philly? This channel archived a bunch of HNIC stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/HockeyHaven76#p/u

256. Gormdog says:

*gives up*

257. Mark C says:

If it’s not a bad thing than why do you care?

258. observer says:

what in hell are you talking about? on this hockey blog no less?

259. fbkj says:

in this instance good idea

260. observer says:

the more they breed and muliply like rats this is what happens. over 8 and a half billion humans now, 2000 years ago there might have been but a million. and some of these segments are purposely overbreeding themselves on orders from their leaders. imagine this world in 50 years or this country. canada has about doubled its population in last 35 years. wonder why hospitals are crowded? or traffic now vs. then? worst is to come.

261. Mark C says:

I don’t know, maybe or maybe not, I was making a guess.

262. fbkj says:

so to reitterate, was nice to hear gomez be frank about pk’s celebration/snub

263. Bill H says:

I think that’s great that you wrote.  The person who replied obviously read your letter, and he obviously watched the broadcast.  I think that is excellent.  I believe it when he says that they have noted the complaints.  I don’t know what more one could ask.  Sure, most here would like to see Cherry, PJ Stock and Milbury fired, but let’s get realistic.  The feeling out in tv land is not unanimous.  Cherry almost got voted Best Canadian for god sake.  There are lot of people out there that love the guy.  I would have expected a form letter back, but that didn’t happen.  I’d say, keep writing those letters.  They are listening.

264. bigdave says:

At least he answered!

265. bigdave says:

Dec 16, vs Boston.

266. fbkj says:

Ex-convict dreams of NHL

Good luck to you Mike Danton

267. The Cat says:

I dont know why the powers that be find it so reprehensible for canadian hockey players to have colourful personalities, when its americans like Roenick it seems to be ok.

268. fbkj says:

truly is a mystery… then again i loved matt barnaby so maybe im just special

269. Chuck says:

35 years ago (1976) Canada’s population was 23.5 million. We currently stand  at a little over 34 million, which is well under “about doubled”.

The world population is estimated at 6.9 billion, not 8.5 billion. But hey, what’s 1.6 billion among friends?

270. fbkj says:

cool story bro

271. Gormdog says:

Just because he says it doesnt mean it’s the truth. Gomez is a seasoned vet and knows exactly what to say to deflect a story he knew was a-brewin. Pk was visibly burned.

You’d make a great mark!

272. Propwash says:

Darn, the guy didn’t record the Dec 16th stuff :(

273. Gormdog says:

Define care?

I care to state my opinion that i know what i saw, and that i dont think it was “just a joke/hazing”, but it doesnt go boyond that. I don’t think it means there is a rift in the locker room, or that Gomez dislikes PK. I just dont think it was a Joke, people do things in the heat of the moment, and it certainly deflated PK!

274. Gormdog says:

That’s all you got?

I was expecting more than “See! See! He SAID it, so that settles that”

Why did PK look so deflated after?

275. Storm Man says:

You’re so off base it is funny. “The idiotic anglophone media” makes a big deal about what Subban does? I guess you don’t watch or read much french press do you 😛

276. Mark C says:

Care in the sense that you keep talking about yet seem to think it isn’t a big deal.

277. fbkj says:

i see you arent up to snuff on meme’s :)

278. The Cat says:

The french press does and thats expected cause theyre right here and they make a big deal out of everybody eventually, but the anglos not so much. Not many hab players generate any media interest outside Quebec. Subban gets the most of it and yes I believe its cause hes black.

To elaborate on the Mike Danton conversation. Danton tried to have Frost whacked, and was very wrong for doing so. But I know of kids touched and controlled by David Frost, they have been scared for life in a way not to many people can realise. I am also talking as a young 14 year old myself on the streets.

I sure hope Mike can get his life back to the NHL level. He lost his childhood dream because of a controlling pervert that he could not shake.

Ex-convict dreams of NHL

280. The Cat says:

Can you point me to a video, I seen a couple but the whole thing seemed a bit inconclusive.

281. fbkj says:

asking for a link on links dont work day? how gauche my friend

282. Gormdog says:

0:35   Pk goes from cloud nine to six feet under. Gomez’ actions slapped the smile right off his face.

283. joeybarrie says:

Actually, Danton tried to have his father killed. Or at least so he says after the fact. After 6 years outside of the NHL, and many of those years probably not playing at all, it is very doubtful he will play in the NHL again. I did hear he is a all Canadian academic athlete as he is enrolled in school. Good for him… I agree with you, I don’t know the exact story so I reserve judgment. But it seems like there are some issues there and when things like that come around, it is to me a form of torture, and I have to tell you what I would do if you were torturing me or someone from my family… But having someone killed is still wrong, so…..

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

284. Psycho29 says:

This is 2011 Tony…..Bush is a thing of the past.  :-)

285. A. Berke says:

Gomer saying that it was a joke is nothing much but backtracking. He obviously didn’t want to be at the centre of a team controversy.

However, his body language and P.K.’s reaction to the dissing clearly said that it was NOT a joke. I for one was disappointed in gomer; one would expect a little better control of his attitude/emotions from a seasoned vet like him.

Anyways I hope that the crap is over and he made mends with P.K. if nothing else for team’s unity. Time to move on.

Ali B.

286. Da Hema says:

That’s a better elaboration. Danton was gravely wrong with his actions, was duly tried, convicted, and punished, and served his penalty. He now has the right to live his life, and hopefully he can become a productive person. I also don;t doubt your comments about Frost, however there is a process for this that must be followed through. Speaking of which, I am extremely frustrated that the rat piece of sh*t filth Graham James hasn’t been brought to justice. Hello Crown prosecutors? You have credible witnesses–stop fu*king around and bring this “man” to justice.

287. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Oh good, Gomez said something. Is it me, or do you really think players over 30 appreciate the antics of early twenty newbs to their trade? They’re all little b*stards til they go bald.  It’s not a story.