Auction for signed Forum seat ends at 11 a.m. Tuesday

seatweb

Are you still looking for a Christmas gift for that special hockey fan on your shopping list?

How about a blue seat from the old Forum signed by six members of the current Canadiens roster?

Last Thursday, The Gazette started an auction for the Forum seat through eBay on hockeyinsideout.com with all the money going to The Gazette Christmas Fund, now in its 47th year of putting food on the tables and gifts under the holiday trees of less fortunate Montrealers.

As of noon-hour Monday, the top bid was $1,125. You can place a bid by going to hockeyinsideout.com/auction. For more information on The Gazette Christmas Fund, go to montrealgazette.com/christmasfund.

The six Canadiens players — Carey Price, Brian Gionta, Travis Moen, Colby Armstrong, Josh Gorges and Brandon Prust — signed the seat during another Gazette Christmas Fund fund-raiser last month in which Montrealer Caroline Tardif bid $3,300 in an eBay auction through hockeyinsideout.com to dine at Montreal steak house Moishes along with the Canadiens players and The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.

You can read more about that event by clicking here.

(Photo by John Kenney/The Gazette)

1. commandant says:

With Boyce gone, Jarred Tinordi is given an alternate’s “A” on the Bulldogs

And

Alex Galchenyuk is named OHL player of the Week with 8 points in 2 games (5 goals, 3 assists)

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

2. mark-ID says:

I remember just before and after this past draft…….there were some posters who hoped that we would trade Gally for Huberdeau. So far, it is looking like a pretty sweet thing that we didn’t. Considering how Gally is a year younger, coming off a whole season missed due to a serious knee injury.
    Some might also argue that the QMJHL is a little easier to put up points.

Gally: 33 games played, 61 pounts
    Huberdeau: 30 games played, 45 points

Hopefully, what we see with Gally is what we get.

• HabFab says:

Someone asked Huberdeau what he thought of such a deal.
      He replied “That is not going to happen, I have seen him play and he is way better then me.”

• Haborama says:

I must confess I was one of the ones who suggested trading Gally for Huberdau, I suggested it based on the uncertainty surrounding Galchenyuk at the time.

Nowadays I will be the first one to tell you that I was wrong, and boy am I glad we drafted Galchenyuk, because he is easely our best prospect since God knows when.

3. daveho29 says:

Would look good in my living room. Having been to many games at the forum would also have sentimental value.

4. Trisomy 21 says:

Somehow TSN ranks Reily as being the best prospect drafted in ’12. I find that a hard statement to defend because neither Yakupov or Galchenyuk have done anything to have their rankings drop below his. I call homerism.

• Hobie Hansen says:

One possitive on that list, actually thought of it before seeing the list, is how Galchenyuk is ranked higher than Scheifele and is also having a better season in the OHL.

I’ve seen Scheifele live on a couple of occasions and he’s dynamite. He was close to sticking with the Jets last season and if Galcheyuk is a better player than Scheifele, while being drafted a year later, that’s a very good thing.

I’m starting to believe Galchenyuk would have been drafted ahead of Yakupov if he wasn’t injured last year as well.

A couple Habs fans and myself are planning on going to the Sting Vs 67s game here in Ottawa on Feb 1st to see Galchenyuk in action, can’t wait.

• commandant says:

As good as Galchenyuk has been, Yakupov has put up good numbers in the KHL as well. I think they are both great.

Rielly has played very well… and is probably the third best guy in the draft, (if we did a re-do) right now, but I don’t see where he moved ahead of Galchenyuk and Yakupov.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

• Chris says:

Don’t take Galchenyuk’s brilliance too far out of context. Nail Yakupov is also one hell of a player. Yakupov has got 10 goals and 18 points in 22 games this season in the KHL, with his run interrupted for a stint in the Subway Super Series.

Put Yakupov back in the OHL and I guantee you that he would be having an absolute field day. That kid is one of the best skaters I have ever seen in junior hockey.

• Luke says:

I’ve heard Reilly is playing lights out (28pts, 33games) this year. Haven’t seen watched him yet, but it’s out there… It is possible he’s been that good. Are you just harsh on him because he’s a Leaf who’s ahead of our guy? Reverse homerism?

However the list looks lazy anyways… having Strome, Ritchie and Hamilton lumped together like that looks pretty sloppy, especially when you consider how balls out Strome has played and how lazy and timid Hamilton has played this year. He’s avoiding contact and making poor decisions. Based on his OHL play, he doesn’t deaserve to be on a list… hopefully the WJC will put the spark back in his game.

I’d have Strome ahead of Gally.

• Trisomy 21 says:

Notice that I didn’t hint at Reilly being bad, or Gally being better than him or Yakupov. I merely question how they’ve made him jump ahead of the two guys drafted before him. Personally I’d give more credit to Yakupov, playing well in a league against men of all ages and skill. Gally is still improving as seen in his montly PPG numbers, but Reilly is still racking up points despite being a defenseman. I just don’t see how you can justify him being better than the two when he doesn’t have any clear accomplishments that the other two don’t have.

• Chris says:

How does Grigorenko, who has 29 goals and 50 points in 30 games, end up so low? I feel bad for that kid…all he does is tear up every league he plays in and in return he gets dismissed.

5. Fake says:

Edit: Removed Comment.

I personally would love an old seat from the Forum, I have ideas of one day completing my Man Cave in my basement and I know exactly where I would put the chair. As for the signatures, I don’t mind those guys signing, last I checked I can still buy rubbing alchohol and remove the names if I so desire.

Edit: Hmm my response seems to have made your post dissappear.

• shiram says:

Would you remove all 6 or just a few?

I think I forsure would keep Price and Moen. Colby needs to be effective or he would be the first gone, I would ask he sign on the seat part not the backrest. Prust may stay depending on how he plays. Gorges would also stay, I like him as a Hab, and Gionta I think would stay, I think he will bounce back, and I remember how much I enjoyed our playoff run a few years back which he was a big part of.

Now if there was a way to get Gomez to sign, well that wouldn’t be going anywhere!!!!

• Fake says:

It’s all your fault, no one will get to read my rant! :P

Blue chair signed by Brandon Prust – who wants to buy this for me?

Why do I want a seat at the old Forum ?
    Is the NHL totally scrapped, and they have decided in their wisdom to start over again and go back to the original 6 and play back at the Forum again?
    RIGHT ON ! I’ll buy two !

I got a great laugh reading all the suggestions for Bettmans Christmas gifts, great work HI/O! :)

@Mr. Biter, got your email, thanks, hope it works out to meet for a pint. CHeers!

9. commandant says:

Re last thread: I never said Nichuskin was easily intimidated in the Subway Super Series. Quite the opposite, I said NOT easily intimidated.

I’d have him top 10 on talent alone, but signed in the KHL til the end of 2014-15 is going to hurt his draft stock. No doubt about that.

Check out Top Shelf Prospects, my Team by Team prospect reports

10. frontenac1 says:

@trisomy from previous thread re/Finn Juniors. I agree the Finns are ranked around 5th , always the bridesmaids, but the way they beat team USA and then lost to Sweden in OT in the semis last year surprised me. It seems they get oh so close and then Wham! The point I was getting at was apart from Barkov not much chatter. Teravainen is a kid who might cause some damage and “ahem”two Frontenacs Henri Ikonen(who has some sick moves) and Mikko Vainonen.. Anyway amigo this Tourney should be a Corker!

11. Chris says:

For years, Habs Inside/Out successfully avoided that most inane of practices, the need to comment “First” on every new post.

If nothing else, this lockout has now officially annoyed me because this silly internet practice has finally made it over to this site.

May a thousand sandfleas infest the armpits of Donald Fehr and Gary Bettman for what they have wrought due to this lack of hockey.

12. habsfan0 says:

With Christmas but a week away, I’m still struggling as to what to get Gary Bettman. Any suggestions?

13. GrimJim says:

i
    F r
    s
    t
    !!!!!

EDIT: Apparently the squirrels running the HIO server don’t like concrete poetry…