At last, the Bruins

The Canadiens’ hottest rivalry resumes tonight, after Boston scored FIVE in the third period to beat the Penguins.

Homecoming for Hal Gill

• Arpon Basu on Lars Eller

• La Presse’s look at tonight’s game

• Pierre Durocher on the struggling forwards

The team photo video

• An interesting piece on Snake70, the Commenter who tipped Mathias Brunet off to Jeff Skinner

• Yvon Pedneault on the NHL in Quebec City

Remembrance Day piece from EOTP

Jaro yanked, Oshie injured

Leafs’ losing streak hits seven. Damien Cox weighs in

Michael Farber loves the shootout. Kovy II, not so much

i6NuT41Wu7A

1. rocketsglare says:

With Boston having played last night and expending so much energy in their come from behind win, the

Habs must jump on this team early and often by using their speed to attack the slower and likely weary

Bruin D. Make their D play 60 minutes. The Habs must be careful not to over commit, because Boston is

capable of using their speed to attack our D. But, I can’t see the Bruins scoring 7 goals, much less 5 in 1

period against a confident and hot Carey Price.

This is a very winnable game for the Habs and should be a fun game to watch.

2. rocketsglare says:

Now, that’s the image of the Habs that I want to see!

3. Maksimir says:

I agree… I bet he will do well in Colorado…

4. Julie H says:

You make an excellent point. Especially that last part. Although the next time you plan on being in town, you might want to consider Desjardins seats. Free food all game is a pretty hard deal to beat.

“I know you’re wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear that your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by?”

5. mrstewart61 says:

Gomez for Kovalchuk.

———————————————————————————————————————-

If a man speaks in a forest where no woman can hear him, is he still wrong?

6. Cam says:

My apologies if this post appears twice (or more) on this fine forum. Are Leafs jokes allowed here? If so …

These are call complisults (half compliment and half insult):

To Leaf fans: Sure your team is sucking, but Boston would only get the eighth pick in the draft as of now.

To Leaf fans: Sure Phil Kessel hasn’t scored in seven games but at least Tyler Seguin isn’t lighting it up either.

7. Mike D says:

I’m going to the game with my cousins who live in Montreal and they go to a few games every year so I don’t think it was as special an occasion for them as it was for me.  They also have told me the Molson Ex Zone was the best place to watch the games in terms of having the best fans.

I just wanted to have better seats for Saku’s return and it is a special occasion for me.  Just to see any game there is awesome when you live as far away as I do.  I haven’t been to one in that arena since the first year it opened.  Plus what’s the point in spending $150 or so on gas for the trip, just to get $29 seats, you know?

– Honestly yours

8. Mike D says:

LOL – TSN has Bournival listed at 6’0″, 187lbs.

– Honestly yours

9. Mike D says:

I don’t think we’ve sent Boyd down yet have we?  If not, his salary still goes against our cap.  I know he was put on and cleared waivers, but I don’t think we’ve re-assigned him as of yet unless I missed it.

– Honestly yours

10. Mike D says:

LOL, right from the TSN website:

“Ryan O’Byrne was pointless in three games with the Canadiens this season.”

HAHAHA – that about sums it up.  Gotta love the double-entendre!  Wonder if they wrote it that way on purpose?

Sorry OB, nothing personal but that was hilarious.  All kidding aside, good luck in Colorado and I hope they give you ample playing time.

– Honestly yours

11. Mike D says:

RE: The OB trade

Hopefully this Bournival kid develops into something, but I doubt we got much considering we didn’t give much.  Then again, he played both games for Team Q against the Russians in the Super Series so maybe he’s got some real potential.  The Avs still owe us for the Roy trade, and likely the Theodore trade too.  By that same token, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if OB turns into a decent Dman (a bit surprised for sure, but not shocked).  I’m just glad we traded him to the West.  The last thing our small forwards need is to play a disgruntled Rhino 4 or more times a season.

Funny, as I was posting this morning about the possibility of trading OB, the first team that came to my mind was Colorado because of they’re cap space, apparent need for a defenseman, and the recent run of injuries that’s plagued their team.

– Honestly yours

12. Chuck says:

I know… a lot of effort for a thinly-veiled “Tim Thomas is fat” joke, but with the Habs playing the Bruins tonight I couldn’t resist.  :)

Centre Hice: NHL to allow ads on jerseys

13. SLONCOLD says:

well if you’re going to make comments about a performance of a player you should watch the game. scoring chances aren’t indicated in the shot totals neither are the quality of shots. atleast watch the high lights…

14. ctony says:

I didn’t measure and weigh him personally, just going off the HF report.  I’ve read everything up to 6’2 210lbs.  Someone posted that OB was 6’7″ …

15. Julie H says:

You’re sitting by yourself?! That’s just depressing lol. As a Bell Centre frequenter I have to tell you that the Molson Section happens to be the atmosphere of our home games. And I don’t blame them for not wanting to ante up: Red seats are a wee bit pricey. I’ll be in the Molson Section myself. Maybe I’ll see you there :)

16. Mike D says:

Section 122. Red B Corners is what it’s called I think (or something like that). I’m going with a few people but they didn’t want to ante up for good seats so they’ll be in the Molson Ex Zone and I’ll be sitting by myself.

– Honestly yours

17. Mike D says:

LOL – not til now.  That’s hilarious though!  “I’ve been pounding those back since August…”  hahahahaha

I initially just read the responses from other posters and judged it’s truth by their reactions.  My bad.

– Honestly yours

18. Mike D says:

Damn right!

– Honestly yours

19. Bugs says:

See what happens when you deal straight dope, Charlie? Bound to happen; we can testify.

Keep up the good fight, mate.

Despicably despondent, I yawn as

20. ZepFan2 says:

Try again.

He’s 6’1″, 190 lbs.

————————————————————————

“Young people have seen that a team can play electrifying, fascinating hockey while still behaving like gentlemen.”

~Serge Savard~

21. Bugs says:

1.4mil was his salary; 940k is the cap relief.

Despicably despondent, I yawn as