And we whine about Gomez

Gary Bettman makes more money than all but 11 players – including the Canadiens’ new number 11 – in the NHL.

More than Patrick Marleau, even with his new contract.

More than Anze Kopitar, Pavel Datsyuk or Nicklas Backstrom.

More than Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, the Sedin twins or Ryan Miller.

Gary Bettman makes more than 539 NHL players.

That ain’t right.

Good and depressed now?

Here’s something to cheer you up.

You seem to see things only in black and white. Try some colour sometime. You might realize that the spectrum is actually quite beautiful.

I fully supported Ron Paul. I know that appears to be difficult for you to wrap your mind around but that’s just another example of your troglodyte intellectual capacity or lack thereof.

2. Bugs says:

Yeah.

Stupid hockey, eh?

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Brotha to the Man with the Plan, Product-runnin Lead Houndogg with the Voodoo Flannel Posse, and Pimp Extraordinaire of Habsbros Mama Jones Snow Cones, muthafugga: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

Where’s Tony242. Dude! You are THE kool-aid drinker. I am through arguing with you. You have nothing to debate. You’re already convinced and the best you can do is levy insults.

Let me stoop to your level. The major difference between you and I is that I eat filet mignon and you eat shitburgers.

Says the person who posts incessantly and has a Halak avatar at a Habs fan site.

And yes, my ego is bigger than yours. You’re just jealous, poor sufferer.

I know more than you think. I supported Ron Paul last US election.

I hate to break it to you but I have an IQ of 145 and am in the top 99 precentile.

That’s no solution. I proposed above that all executives of publically traded companies have their salaries, bonuses and compensations be voted on and approved by shareholders. Does anybody debate this point? No! Because people like you dont take a hard look at the premises, arguments or conclusions that anybody makes, all you do is see and read what you want to.

You are an idealist and by the sounds of it a very young one. I had way more fun, when I was the age you are now, way back in the 80’s being an anti-societal post punk dancing at Foufounes, getting wasted every night and having sex with all kinds of different woman. Now I work for a bank and make a very, very decent wage. Difference between me and you is that I grew up.

Yes it was narcissistic, yes it was decadent, but it only proved Neitzche’s point. That there is a will to power and you my friend are a victim of slave morality.

I discriminate, therefore I am better.

I have found a use for cannabis sativa. That’s a weed.

There are no Utopias and there never will be. I have a mammal’s brain. As do you. The difference is that I have a higher IQ than you do.

You’re tormented. I am enlightened. I go through life enjoying the battles I win. I am uninterested in co-existing with people like you. I’d rather take you out, of your misery.

Humans are organized social creatures. We have leaders and followers, always have, always will. Any who says other-wise is trying to bypass a few steps to make it out of their following role into that of a leader.

The divide exists for many reasons. My idea though would curb the kind of excesses that we’ve seen on Wall Street. At least I have proposed a solution unlike demigod who just spouts conspiracy theory dogma.

14. VancouverHab says:

I don’t “pretend” to be educated; I have attained education (for whatever that is worth) in actuality. And you are not culpable for being uneducated (e.g. not knowing the provenance of the term, which you yourself use, ‘NeoCon’), but you are blameable for bandying terms the derivation of which you are ignorant.

Two questions.

• Why does simple and honest disagreement with your ideology turn you nakedly absusive? Should we not be able to exchange opposing political and social views while remaining congenial? I have never to my knowledge violated propriety towards you….
    • Why do you not feel ashamed at your bigotry toward men who work outdoors in the sun, and why is your epiphet for that cultural sub-species (‘redneck’) not censurable like similar crude terms of opprobrium (e.g. ‘wetback’)?

15. Rugger says:

Demigod, I have agreed with more of what you have posted on this page than any other that has been on HI/O.  Love a good philosophic/economic/political discussion.

16. G-Man says:

“Weeds” are plants that stupid humans haven’t discovered a use for yet.

17. G-Man says:

You really shouldn’t equivocate greed with survival. There is a HUGE difference. Life is hierarchecal only the abstract and human sense. Animals and plants do not rule anything.

18. G-Man says:

Roughly 30 years ago, CEOs made 40 times the money of the average employee. Nowadays, they earn about 2000 times the wage of the average employee. What suddenly made these guys/gals 50 times better? Their egos?

IMO, Canada has begun the voyage of sinking to become the new Mexico. Cheap labour with no benefits or pension plans, because all the money is going to a select few who produce nothing and do nothing but vote themselves bonuses because they have the power to do so.

The divide between rich and power widens each and every day. Why is that? Simple. They are greedy bastards with few redeeming qualities.

19. Bugs says:

I dunno, mate.

Those Venus flytraps gotta be thinkin SOMETHIN, knowumsayin?

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

20. Bugs says:

The other 10% live forever then?

Not bad, you gotta admit.

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

21. Bugs says:

Mormons wiped’em out, I hear.

Straight-up gangsta like on the Predators’ planet.

Dang, you see that movie? It’s nuts!

Keepin it real, I be chillin as

22. Bugs says:

Umm…

I like spaghetti?

23. andrewberkshire says:

Plants are spiritually evolved… GTFO of here. Sounds like you’re about to go smoke a fatty and watch avatar.

24. andrewberkshire says:

Nature is peaceful, humans are tormented? Are you serious? You clearly have no clue how good humans have it.

25. andrewberkshire says:

Blah blah blah, all you can do whenever your arguments start to fall apart is through our red herrings and absurdities.

26. andrewberkshire says:

Not to mention that there’s no such thing as “more evolved”, and you’re completely ignoring the existence of weeds, which are plants that thrive by choking off other plants, and carnivorous plants.

27. andrewberkshire says:

Right, so humans should be more like plants… Not sapient, not even sentient, plants. That’s the example you’re using. Alright then.

The can claim hockey to be a religion. It already is in Quebec.