Alexander Joe, AFP/Getty Images
More than 200 NHL players are expected to converge on New York City for NHLPA meetings Wednesday and Thursday. The league’s board of governors – this is, the owners of the 30 NHL clubs or their designates – will meet in the same city.
Whether the two sides meet to try to bridge the gap between their proposals is yet to be seen, and hanging in the balance is the start of 2012-13 training camps next week, the exhibition games and probably the start of the season.
• Dave Stubbs talks to Canadiens’ Erik Cole
• CP’s Chris Johnston on the big picture
• TSN’s Bob McKenzie with an encyclopedic must-read
• Full audio of NHLPA’s Monday teleconference with Josh Gorges and Mathieu Darche
• Toronto Star’s Kevin McGran on NHLPA’s challenge of lockout legality