And the band of brothers plays on

• Halak extends supernatural ride – Stubbs

In the room – Hickey

• Penguins lose their poise – Hickey

Canadiens improving with each series – Arpon Basu (who predicted a 4-1 Canadiens win last night)

Details count with Cammalleri – Jean-François Bégin

Year of the smurf – Eric Duhatschek

Penguins played “indifferent hockey” – Michael Farber

• Champs beaten like rented mules – Scott Burnside

Dare to dream, Habs fans – Damien Cox

Something in the air – Eric Engels

Photo of Scott Gomez and his smiling owner, Geoff Molson, by Allen McInnis of The Gazette

Celebration
turns ugly

Video: The party, before the morons got into it

P778d7FKFng

1. avatar_58 says:

Where? I don’t live in montreal….:(

2. smiler2729 says:

Not only should Hab fans “act like we’ve been there before” but the looters aren’t even part of the hockey madness, they’re just classless pieces of sh*t that don’t even deserve a mention.

3. Chuck says:

They are sold everywhere… they’re just sold out.

4. Chuck says:

They flew into Montreal last night.

5. smiler2729 says:

First, I think Glen Metropolit is playing injured.

Second, there is NO WAY Ovenchicken should be mentioned in the same breath with Stanley Cup winners like the Rocket, Orr, Gretzky and even Crosby.

Third, your “win a Cup in Toronto” statement should’ve included “when pigs fly”.

6. SLONCOLD says:

city should impose an 11:30pm st catherine street curfew…. those people who destroy stores put a black mark on this city. it’s a hockey game……

7. jimmy shaker says:

Did the team fly back last night or are they going to stay on the road?  And I’m betting CBC has the habs series and TSN has the hawks/sharks series!  Any confirmation on that?

SHaker

8. avatar_58 says:

So how can I buy a Subban t-shirt? Why are they STILL not sold anywhere? Does marketting not want my cash?

9. JF says:

In their post-game comments, both Brooks Orpik and Bill Guerin displayed the kind of class that Crosby so conspicuously lacked all series.

“You’ve just got to start giving credit to this team, this is a good team
    we lost to here.” Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik
    said.

And Guerin said: “Obviously, you have to give Montreal a lot of credit. They played some
    amazing hockey this series. Their defensive play was incredible. Their
    team play was as good as I’ve seen. They deserve a lot of the credit.”

10. TomNickle says:

Mike Cammalleri could very well be developing into a world class player right before our eyes.

11. Connecticut Man1 says:

They need (and deserve) a little rest.

With Subban playing the game he is playing… Someone is probably going to get moved or go unsigned on the D side next year.

12. TomNickle says:

Haha….you thumb your nose at the man who put every piece of this team other than Dominic Moore together.

Did you not see who Ray Shero congratulated first last night?

There’s a reason for that my friend.

13. forskis says:

Getting to the 3rd round is great and even though many feel proud of the team…I am just feeling happy for the guys who never thought they would get this far, the older guys, the grinders:  like Metropolit despite his 2:50 in playing time, Dominic Moore (even though he is only 29 he looks much older), Darche the journeyman despite his 2:50 in playing time, etc. and for the younger guys it is a good thing to experience when younger…I don’t think Subban ever thought his path to the NHL 3rd round would be through the AHL 1st round, Pyatt is experiencing what hockey is all about in Montreal and what makes playing hockey so special.

Also, Cammalleri said it best post-game when he echoed what we are all saying now:  they were written off on July 1st, during the regular season, the 1st round and the 2nd round and here they are now going into the 3rd…but it is what it is, they just need to continue having fun.

To me, there are three ways to hockey immortality

1)  Be an awesome player like Richard, Orr, Crosby, Gretzky, Ovechkin, etc.;

2)  Win a Cup in Toronto;

3)  Win a Cup in Montreal or better yet, win a few Cups in Montreal.

No one on the Habs roster is of the quality of (1)…many of us hope (2) never happens…but this bunch is halfway to (3) and having their names live on forever…look at how much we still gush over ’93 and ’86…

The Bruins or Flyers will not be easy…they play more physical and the B’s play a defensive scheme…good luck to Les Boys.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

14. JustSomeguy says:

My wife during the game: “Jesus, I wish someone would wipe the smirk off Lapierre’s face.” “I think that’s the point.” “Still.”

And happy b’days to Halak and Subban!

Here’s hoping you’ll be playing in the middle of May in the years to come :)

15. Mr_MacDougall says:

I usually pay double.. sometimes more.. at StubHub.. always tickets there, even for Superbowl etc.

16. Mr_MacDougall says:

Well, the ref did feed Kunitz in the slot for the Pens first goal HAHHAHA

17. Connecticut Man1 says:

Not sure about chewing off arms but I am sure that Mario might want to chew out a few guys in his lineup. But after shutting down two high powered offensive teams I am not sure that the other teams are as much to blame for what they doing wrong as the Habs are to be recognized for what they are doing right.

18. Mr_MacDougall says:

Normally, when looting occurs, it is the opportunists that see so much chaos they know they can get away witht heft much easier.. people that break the law anyway and see an opportunity to get an “easy score.” Can’t remember the last time I celebrated anything by going into town and stealing and smashing a bunch of stuff… well besides when my GST cheque comes every three months AHHAHAA

19. adam76 says:

Where are all the conspiracy theory fools?

boy did those refs ever screw us last night!

20. Mr_MacDougall says:

OH YEAH!!!!! The boys have a few days off.. have some beer, ice the wounds, enjoy the moment! Hopefully the duct tape holds Gill’s leg together and Markov figures out how to skate with the knee brace!

I will admit, I didn’t watch a whole lot of games while Mara was playing (other than the two I saw live at the Bell Centre Superbowl weekend.. where we beet the Pens) he is skating.. would he help us or is he done for the year? Any word on Markov? or is he just desperate to get back out there with no real chance of returning?

21. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Reported on Team 990 this morning, Sidey Crosby had a lower body injury throughout series, he had a bad case of diaper rash!

22. lenny says:

you have no chance…most of the tickets are already taken by season ticket holders…of the ticketd on sales very few are actually for the public

23. DavidKB says:

Re: Riot!?  19 950 fans at the Bell Centre, and 50 or so idiots (if they were even at the game)!

24. Omit says:

You keep repeating this idiotic statement, and others, without any embarrassment whatsoever.  We used to call people like you a troll on this site.

25. adam76 says:

So tickets for game 4 – what are the odds of actually getting into the “virtual” lineup and picking up a set?

26. HabFanSince72 says:

Idiot.

27. Grabbed The Cup says:

The main difference being you don’t feel the need to chew your own arm off in the morning.

You leave me little notes on my pillow. Told you 158 times I can’t stand little notes on my pillow. “We’re all out of cornflakes. F.U.” Took me three hours to figure out F.U. was Felix Unger!

28. Connecticut Man1 says:

This years Habs are kind of like the ugly guy or girl that is really great at sex. Ain’t always pretty to watch but it still leaves the other side screwed senseless.

29. Mr.Hazard says:

“What a blast. This is just a great group of guys coming together,” Gomez said.

S’What it’s all about!

“We didn’t give up and we are not giving up.” – Jaroslav Halak

30. notbigbird says:

Don Cherry made an excellent point last night. Sure, BG signed small players, but he also signed Moen and Gill (I don’t think he mentioned Mara). Kind of balances out. And these small guys play huge. To wit: Gionta always playing in traffic in front of the net.

31. punkster says:

?…

FEEL THE PRIDE!

32. smiler2729 says:

The rioting is embarrassing for the majority of Montrealers except the baby brained looters.

It happens a lot now and not only in Montreal. I remember Detroit set on fire in ’89 after the Pistons won. I remember the morons who looted on Yonge St. in ’92 after the Rodney King verdict.

Opportunistic pieces of sh*t is all they are.

33. ShangaDoo says:

Wow. I couldn’t even post last night after the game. Kudos to those who are able to watch and post…too difficult for me.

I just want to say, this is the first time I am experiencing the Habs make it past Round 2. This is new to me and I am loving every single minute of it.

Sooner or later, the boys are going to have to realize that they are supposed to be here.

Go Habs Go

34. Connecticut Man1 says:

Listening to Crosby after the game I think he needs to learn the basic rules of the game. A lot of discretion allowed in a boarding penalty and hitting a guy into the boards a long time after the puck is moving up to the other end of the ice ain’t exactly the smartest thing to do.

35. notbigbird says:

“We’re trying to get better here as a team and I think we’re getting
    better,” Cammalleri said. “We improved in this series, we didn’t play
    hang-on as much as we did in the first series. I don’t claim we’re this
    great team and I don’t claim we’re perfect and I’m not claiming that
    everything we do is on purpose. We’re just trying to find ways to win
    and we’re improving as we go. If you saw us on our toes a little more,
    maybe we’re improving a little bit.”

36. smiler2729 says:

Another idiotic statement. Pro-riot, are ya? Oh well, God still loves you, brother.

37. smiler2729 says:

What an idiotic statement. God loves you anyway.

38. 123456 says:

because after he resigned so many moves were made. why not celebrate success today??

39. ed lopaz says:

Habs hockey = Smart hockey we work as a team, and we win as a team. we play 5 man defence – not just 2.

a word about the rioters. montreal seems to allow it! the youth in montreal are NO DIFFERENT than the youth in any major city all over the world.

the difference here: montreal police allow the rioting to start and then its too late.

Hello POLICE!!!

How about we figure out how to control the crowds BEFORE the riots begin???

I don’t blame the youth – they are idiotic and intoxicated – no different than anywhere.

If you don’t appreciate rioting and looting – and I don’t, since I live here with my family – its time to start holding the people responsible…..accountable.

The police who were supposed to keep the peace last night should be held accountable.

40. MontrealAtheist says:

It’s not about individual players, I think, except for Halak … Remember that we beat the Pens in game 6 without Gill.

The team is playing with a lot of heart and as a unit and has the benefit of a good coach who knows how to make adjustments when they are due.

41. Fansincebirth says:

Two guys I wanted to see pulverized last night:

Crosby for being such a whiny crybaby and Cooke for being such a douche player. Then again, they’re cleaning out their lockers today and we’re waiting for the next round.

Justice is done! :o)

42. MontrealAtheist says:

The two best moves Gainey ever did as GM were to hire JM and to resign … Without either one of these moves, the present playoff run would not even be happening.

GO HABS GO !!!

43. Thomas Le Fan says:

Any believers yet? The Gainey bashers, the Martin haters and the Kovaloafers can officially STFU.

GO HABS!

44. topher5468 says:

I guess well never know ,but Gill said something to Cooke during the handshake, I wonder if it was about that very pathetic move.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

45. jimmyg says:

there is a song by Godsmack, “crying like a b#$ch”, just youtube it, very fitting especially after this series

46. Connecticut Man1 says:

Matt Cooke deserves a little old fashioned hockey justice for his grab on Gill’s injured leg. It is pretty clear on the video that Cooke went for the leg on purpose.

47. topher5468 says:

Yea, good answer. You dont approve of the rioting, do you?

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

48. Thermo says:

Loved the HNIC Montage from last night http://www.youtube.com/user/HockeyHaven76#p/u/5/iwG1ydK9bWc specially the part where cammy is on the bench.

49. MontrealAtheist says:

People who don’t like the riots might as well move to Toronto where they never have to worry about playoff riots … ever :)

50. MontrealAtheist says:

I am so frickin’ proud !!! So much for all those nay-sayers and the “The Pens have so much more depth than the Caps” fraction …

At least the Caps didn’t collapse like that in game 7 and Ovi managed a few goals against us whereas Crosby was nothing more than a spectator on the ice.

And Halak is beginning to sound like a broken record with his constant “we’re not even supposed to be here” and “nobody gave us a chance”. Well, Jaro, you’re wrong: We are very much supposed to be here and a lot of people among us like the guy above me, the one below be and myself gave us a chance.

After all, we are on a mission and neither the Caps nor the Pens were gonna get in the way of our date with destiny !!!

GO HABS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51. topher5468 says:

Ahh, the rioting, That really sucked. I dont get it. Is it that people cant handle their drinking or is that they just like to emabarrass their city. Either way, I know they dont represent the real fan but I wish they would learn how to act and leave the spotlight where it belongs, on the Team and the City

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

52. Max_a_million says:

So apparently signing Hal Gill turned the balance of power from the Penguins to the Canadiens.  Whoulda thunk it?!?

53. Mr.Hazard says:

Scott Gomez and his owner … lol

“We didn’t give up and we are not giving up.” – Jaroslav Halak

54. MontrealAtheist says:

I don’t approve of rioting any more than I approve of earthquakes and tsunamis … However, they all happen and I learned to live with it.

It’s not the first time there are playoff riots in Montreal and you’d expect Montreal police would find a way to deal with it.

55. Chuck says:

I LOVE that Jaro is winning games. I love it even more that he’s playing at his best in elimination games. But to put him in the same league as Roy, only two rounds into the playoffs? A little premature, don’t you think? What about that little detail of, say, winning the Cup?

56. MontrealAtheist says:

I would say the chances are very good … There are still many individual playoff tickets available through the Canadiens web site, I did not have any problems getting tickets for the Caps and Pens series.

A few tips:

1) Using multiple browsers (or browser sessions) on the same computer does not increase your chances and believe me, I tried … There probably is a way, but I was too busy buying tickets to figure out exactly how to trick the system … lol

2) Using multiple computers (even if they share the same public IP address via NAT) works, so try to borrow a few extra computers/notebooks for Saturday and join the virtual waiting room with a browser on each machine.

3) You can only get two tickets at a time (using a single credit card), so trying to get consecutive seats for a larger group of people is next to impossible.

4) Tickets are expensive … getting a few extra tickets and selling them for a little profit in order to pay for your own tickets would not hurt. Remember, if you don’t do it, the scalpers sure will snatch them (and attempt to sell for 2-3 times the face value).

57. Chuck says:

Yeah, because he was lights-out fantastic in that game where his SV% was under .840… and the two others under .760.

What I’ve loved most about Jaro’s play is that he’s played his absolute best when the team has faced elimination. Let’s all hope that he continues to do so.

And my point of view is not about disrespecting Jaro. It’s about acknowledging other players who are just as responsible for the team’s success.

58. Clay4bc says:

Nice try, Chuck. Halak’s performance is already on par with the all time greats, and he did it against arguably the two best teams in the league, and teams that score a lot. Philly is doing it to the Bruins, the lowest scoring team the league this season.

And Roy was never in a game where his team was OUTSHOT by 32 shots, as Halak was in his 53 save performance in game 6 against the Caps. He is also 5-0 in elimination games. Like it or not, Chuck (and I know you don’t like it), a legend has been born.

__________________________

“Peoples will only be truly free when the last king is strangled by the bowels of the last priest” Francois Laignelot -

59. MontrealAtheist says:

That facelift was the catalyst for the product you see now.

That’s certainly true and he deserves credit for making these radical changes although neither Gainey nor anyone else could possibly foresee what would happen during the playoffs … Let me ask you this though:

If the current team would have lost the series against the Caps in 4 or 5 games, would you have blamed Gainey for putting this team together? If yes, then fair enough … If not, then it would seem that there is some double standard here whereby Gaines gets the credit when the team succeeds but is immune to criticism in the absence of any success.

60. smiler2729 says:

Yeah but Friedman really brought himself down a notch in my book when he was interviewing Brian Gionta between periods during last game vs. Toronto, all he could ask Gio was what he thought of the Leafs’ first line, about how much they’d improved, Leafs this, Leafs that, no wonder all of CANADA HATES TORONTO.

Crosby had a hard time understanding the strategy of giving up a 2-1 shots against ratio as a means of winning a series.

Orpik and Geurin gave credit where credit was due.

The difference between being mature and not I guess.

62. Chuck says:

Not to take anything away from Halak, but last night the Flyers proved why heaping all of the praise on the goalie might be a little misguided. They’re one win away from the conference finals, and are on their third goalie of the playoffs… and Leighton only started 31 games this year and had a .905 SV%.

As I’ve said before, Halak has been stunning in a number of games… but we’ve also won games that he’s come far from stealing. And at time he’s also flat-out sucked.

In the ’86 playoffs, Roy was 15-5 with a 1.93 GAA (at a time when goal scoring was a LOT higher than today). Halak already has 5 losses through 2 rounds, with a respectable 2.42 GAA. If he wins his next 8 games and lowers his GAA by half a point, then we can start comparing his overall performance to Roy.  ;)

63. TomNickle says:

Ok…..I guess we have a different idea of what an adjustment is.  I thought you were referring to things he was doing in game that were having an effect on the outcome.  As for the Powerplay thing, no adjustments were made, they just got back to shot blocking.  Something they didn’t do well on the kill in game 1 which Martin actually noted, no adjustments, just better lane obstruction.

As for Gainey.  He doesn’t deserve all of the credit for the team’s success because nobody does.  Just like he didn’t deserve to be verbally abused by people like you when the team was hovering around .500 during the season.

If the coach and the players are to receive all of the credit for wins, why would the GM be the target of blame for losses?

It’s clear at this point that he identified and signed players with heart that wouldn’t accept mediocrity like the prior group did.

It’s painful to say but a team led by Saku Koivu never responded well to adversity.  There’s a large difference in the quality of people in the room now than there was at this time last year.

You can nitpick at the moves he made up until July and I’m sure that he would agree that there were mistakes.  He admitted mistakes when he let eight players go without trying to retain their services and brought in a new core overnight.

That facelift was the catalyst for the product you see now.

64. Clay4bc says:

*facepalm, utter disbelief at the disrespect to Jaro*

Speechless

__________________________

65. Daard says:

Ed, thank you for your post which illustrates clearly how the normal ordinary average Joe has no clue whatsoever about crowd-control.

66. ed lopaz says:

flew back home. we dont play again until sunday night. cbc for certain we show habs.

67. MontrealAtheist says:

My bad … I meant surviving 1st round instead of reaching it.

And by the way, last time we reached round 1 Gainey had almost absolute control over the team as both GM and coach and it did not go well, even though it was him who picked all the players in the team.

68. REB says:

Mara was a 1-yr signing; I don’t expect him back.  Bergeron was a 1-yr signing, and now that we see Subban also has a howitzer from the point, I don’t really expect him back.

Remember also, that we have both Webber and Belle who are ready for the big-show. While Carle lalso ooked ready, he is just way too injury-prone.

69. Chuck says:

Jaro’s been stunning in 4 games, and has played well enough to get W’s in the rest of the Hab wins. Cammy has been lights-out excellent in EVERY game. And without his timely scoring, we’re pooched.

70. MontrealAtheist says:

Adjustments that JM made during the last two series? Hmmm, containing the Penguins power play after they struck 4 times in game 1, moving Moen in line with Gionta & Gomez, letting Halak rest during game 4 of Caps series come to mind … all of these were done in response to failures/shortcomings he saw in previous games.

I have no doubt that apart from the players that Gainey picked, the team also needed a new direction and leadership in order to succeed …

There is little reason to think that another year with Gainey on the helm would result in any different results from what we’ve seen over the past 6-7 years.

71. Clay4bc says:

Cammy is a close second, but the nod goes to Halak. EVERY single member of the media agrees with this, BTW. Dryden like performance. Roy like performance. Now in the future it will also be called Halak like…

__________________________

72. Mr_MacDougall says:

Also Malkin should have been in the box for damn near tearing Giontas head off after the 2nd that game too!

73. Grabbed The Cup says:

That’s something that I’ve been pondering lately, as phenominally as Halak has played it seems unthinkable that the MVP would go to anyone else, but what if the playoffs end and Cammi has 24 goals?

74. StevieRay says:

LOL .. Healy is a moron … doesn’t bring anything to the broadcast … jar is always 1/2 empty .. I loved it when Elliote F cut him off “twice ” during the post game sumarries !!! Friedman .. now there’s a guy I can listen to .

75. TomNickle says:

Funny.  I thought they reached the 2nd round twice prior to this year with Gainey as GM.

76. StevieRay says:

Messier is in way over his head .. his selection of Ott and Downie proves that !

77. topher5468 says:

You know, I was real impressed with Staal, He would look great in Bleu, Blanc et Rouge but he is signed through 12-13 at 4 million a year

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

78. pmaraw says:

DarrenDreger

I don’t expect either Crosby or Staal will accept an invite to Germany and the Worlds. I do expect Messier will ask…today.

I figured he wouldn’t go, now i’m certain.

79. smiler2729 says:

Darren Dreger is such a Leaf troll. I don’t know if many of you know it but he is the host of LeafsLunch, a daily radio show on AM640 in Toronto. How he gets his pasty mug on all the national networks to spew his facts is beyond me, gimme unbiased Bob McKenzie any day!

80. TomNickle says:

I just can’t overlook Gill for the Conn Smythe if our Habs pull this off.

It’s such an unfair trophy.  Undoubtedly Halak would get it and it isn’t like he’s undeserving.  But how do you thumb your nose and Cammalleri, Gorges and Gill.

Gill probably has more saves than Nabakov.

81. Chuck says:

Now THAT’S commitment to the team concept!

82. coachdoug says:

I think Orpik regretted that later…laps was definately in his head…

“The ‘System’ will not stop until it owns Lord Stanley’s Cup…All hail the System!”

83. Xtrahabsfan says:

Fu** am I ever hungover…..Bought a 10 pound box of beauty oranges  and open the box today(You get a free hockey card  with each box) and the card was Sidney Crosby,lol

84. TomNickle says:

7 teams have advanced to the 2nd round 3 times since 2003-2004.  Our Habs are one of them and only Detroit and San Jose have done it more than three times.

Yeah, we should be glad Bob Gainey’s resigned.

I’ll add that nobody in our division has done it.

85. Y says:

What’s with Farber?

Can’t give credit when it’s due?

Making excuses for the little girl and her sandbox friends.

How sad

86. MICP says:

Is there a location where fans can listen to last nights goals via CJAD?  I have checked their web site but was unable to find it.  I was able to hear a couple calls on tsn but would like to hear more if possible.

Thanks

87. anotherhab says:

Happy birthdays to Halak and Subban!

My daughter and I watch all the games together, yesterday she turned Sweet 16, and what a celebration it was!! She will now always remember that special day thanks to the a team with huge hearts that does not give up!! Our drive to 25 is very much alive!!!

“Size Matters Not” Yoda

88. Storm Man says:

Farber is something you flush after you go to the washroom.

89. Storm Man says:

I hope the team gives them both a birthday bash they will never forget.

90. HABSsince92 says:

Actually the Sabres advanced to the East finals in 2005.

Been a Habs fan since I was in 2nd grade and sat behind Patrick Roy at the Aud.

91. Storm Man says:

What is all the chat about who should win the Conn Smythe…. Roy did it best in 86 the way he looked at the Conn Smythe like some kind of rash. The Stanley Cup is the only thing to win. Go Habs Go

92. TommyB says:

Some excellent news articles above.  Thanks for digging those up for us this morning.  Two comments from me basically this morning, because what is there to say that hasn’t been said already?

First, I was pondering this “no captain” team and came to the conclusion that not naming a captain could have been perhaps the best move made all year.  No one guy.  No one man to take all the weight on his shoulders.  No one man to answer to all the inevitable questions after each loss, or to hog the credit after each win.  I find this very interesting.  It was the not naming of a captain which enabled this mix of holdovers and newcomers to become a unified team.  A chance to develop an identity.  Of course it would be silly to do the same next year.  But now I think the naming of this team’s captain next season will come from the players rather than the coach.  They will have all summer to soak up what they accomplished together during this run, which still continues.  They’ll designate a leader next fall.

Second, I find it sad that the celebration in the streets of Montreal again turned a little ugly.  Such a great city.  But I reminded myself that even the purest of purebred dogs can pick up the odd flea here and there.  Montreal is still a purebred city.  With the odd flea hitching a ride every so often.

93. GoalieT says:

I can’t seem to shake this image in my head of Crosby curled up in Mario Lemieux’s lap being coddled and soothed.

Crosby: “Why did this happen, Daddy? Why didn’t things go MY way? Don’t they know who I am?”
    Mario:   “I don’t know, Cynthia. I don’t know. I feel Gary has betrayed us.”
    Crosby: “It’s not FAIR! The referees didn’t do enough. I’M SIDNEY CROSBY!!!”

I have had some fun this morning with some of the Hab haters that I know. I’m hungry for more, and our boys look like they are too. Keep yourselves level, boys! And let’s see what this brings!!!

GOOOOOO HABS, GOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ultimate Die-Hard Since 1986. T.

94. SeriousFan09 says:

Quick Thursday Morning Poll:

Who else can’t get a ****-eating smile off their face?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

95. Tremblant Habs Fan says:

Totally agree on the Capotain issue, I’ve always thought a leader doesn’t need a C on their sweater to lead. Funny how some media and former players have said that they absolutely need a captain. I’m sure that if they do win the Cup this year, they will find someone to hoist it first.

96. Off-side says:

So happy, I can barely type.

97. Canadiangrrl says:

*raises hand*

98. GoalieT says:

Guilty here.

Ultimate Die-Hard Since 1986. T.

99. Canadiangrrl says:

Scene at a local Timmy’s this morning (we’re in the GTA)…

ME (wearing jeans and Hab t-shirt)

RANDOM EMBITTERED LEAF FAN (wearing a sour scowl)

BITTER LEAF FAN *staring at my t-shirt* — “Nice to see everyone hopping on the bandwagon.”

ME — “Well, I guess bandwagons are the one thing you’re qualified to comment about.”

100. TOEmastro says:

why is it that these riots start 2+ hours after a game?

THe sad truth is these shop owners need to board up their shops before games like florida does before a hurricane, not for the fans, but for the A-holes who come out of the woodwork with bandanas to cover their faces because they know they’re going to start crap.

That and force a curfew an hour after the game. there’s no reason to be out on the street after that other than bulls—-

101. coachdoug says:

He is a part time hockey guy…bandwagon reporter with no hockey knowledge…his article was the worst…Orpik had it right…

102. TommyB says:

While I don’t think it is always necessary to have a captain, I do think it is important.  But it is only important if you have the right man wearing that “C”.  These captainless players this year will now have found some deep respect for each other and their leader will emerge.  And like you say, they will find someone to hoist the cup first if they should win it.  That, to me, would be very interesting to see.   That could be the telltale sign of who could wear the “C” next fall….unless, they hand the cup to Halak to be the first to accept it.  That would be fitting.  But it would leave us guessing as far as who should wear the letter.

103. Irishhabsfan says:

One word about last night’s game

FANHABULOUS!

104. avatar_58 says:

I wear my habs gear year-round so I take those bandwagon comments seriously.

You want to talk bandwagoners how about all the Crosby jerseys and shirts miles from Pitts? I bet they weren’t fans BEFORE crosby…

105. avatar_58 says:

mmmmhmmm

106. Shublips says:

What a win!  What a team!  This team is SO much like the one in 93′.  Here is the breakdown of how they are similar:

I believe.

Habs Addict.com http://www.HabsAddict.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Habs-Addict/293450486615 on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HabsAddict on Hockeybuzz.com: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_archive.php?blogger_id=137

107. kempie says:

There are two quotes I want to point at this glorious morning:

Kris Letang: ”When you go into Game 7, you expect things, and it didn’t happen the way we wanted”.

What a dumbass.

Brooks Orpik: “I mean, they’ve beaten Washington and now they’ve beaten us. I think it’s time to give this team some credit for what they’ve done rather than picking apart why we didn’t do what we were supposed to do”.

Thank you. Finally, someone dares to say it.

That is all for now.

108. kempie says:

Sorry, I didn’t hear the question, I was smiling so hard my ears were stretched closed.

109. smiler2729 says:

The one thing I am most satisfied about (and yeah, I called this way back last July when I was among the very few stoked by Gainey’s housecleaning) is that this team is everything a true Hab fan could ever want: they have the ability to become a perennial 2-3 round playoff team.

That’s really all we could ask for is to be on these playoff runs, winning the Cup or not, for seasons to come and be mentioned in the same breath as the Red Wings, Sharks, Devils, Flyers, teams that except for the odd blip are always in the post-season.

On one hand, though it would be a beautiful, the last thing we need is to actually win the Cup this season and be considered a one-hit wonder like the Lightning, Ducks and Hurricanes. No, man, if they win it, we need this (Habs being deep playoff threats) to continue every spring.

If they do win and next season, don’t come close, I fear the name calling and bashing here will be furious.

“Once a habit, now a vice, nothing comes without its price”

110. Jbell10 says:

Does anyone have a link to the CBC intro they showed before the game last night?

It was great, very groovy tune.

thanks.

111. Chuck says:

It would be cool to see them hand it at once to all of the players wearing the “A”.

112. coachdoug says:

I have to say it’s time for the tin-foil hats to come off…I was shocked with that first penalty call…no doubt that set the tone for the game…While I do think Crosby gets a bias sometimes from some of the refs last night he got nothing…

Fleury’s stock will plummet greatly…he looked like a Peewee goalie out there against Halak…Halak was unreal as usual…

I am still undecided on who I want us to play…I hate both teams because they are both classless…Habs fans wanting to go to either Philly or Boston beware…both teams have the most lowlife fans…here is a sample of the Bruins fan behavior:

Beating Boston on the way to the Cup seems the most appropriate…

113. lenny says:

Michael “The Italian Stallion Hebrew Hammer” Cammallerri

114. avatar_58 says:

DUDE – habs are ALWAYS bashed. Just gimme the cup and I’ll gladly take the insults.

115. Canadiangrrl says:

A little musical inspiration in advance of Sunday night.  Stand up and be counted, for what you are about to receive…

116. Jbell10 says:

thanks bud!

117. adam76 says:

Well played!

118. forskis says:

No offense…but since you are female and he was staring at your shirt…he may have just been trying to pick you up by starting the conversation at an easy starting point…

But yes….good comeback.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

119. StevieRay says:

good one !!!.. you better not buy that lotto ticket today !

120. CHsam says:

HAAAAAAAAAAH! Love it ! Well done. Classy.

121. Jbell10 says:

I am loving the song. Which is “No Heaven – DJ Champion” by the way.

Lapierre is on fire with the chirping this post season! And chirping face LOL

122. Mr. Biter says:

Just got of some other sport sites and read the talk about the “riot” after the game. Then saw the pictures posted  on the Gazette. Definitely don’t look like typical Habs fans (probably never been or seen a Habs game) and not to sound raciest (my parents were immigrants) the “looters” seem to be recent arrivals to Canada.

123. CHsam says:

double the point! He’s bitter about the Habs and bitter cause he ain’t gettin’ with her! kazaaaam

124. forskis says:

Just love it everytime I see the part of Metropolit talking to Beliveau in the tunnel and Beliveau gives a fist pump on the way back to his seat…I wonder what Metropolit said to him?

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

125. CHsam says:

Give em both a Brotherly BEATDOWN

126. Jbell10 says:

Ya thats a great scene, I love when Metro stares as Beliveau walks away…

I dont even have a guess as to what he said…

but that probably fired him up all kinds.

127. TommyB says:

I like that idea!

128. forskis says:

It is a coin toss….both teams will be a handful…and as for Boston’s injuries, they are season-enders but they still have a stocky-looking team that plays tenacious D and will hit the players more than Washington and Pittsburgh combined.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

129. ooder says:

i doubt Sturm will return.. he tore his acl and mcl

Krejci had wrist surgery, so i don’t think anytime soon

Laperieer has a brain contusion so i doubht he will play

Boucher sprained his knee pretty badly so he is out.

Carter idunno

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

130. Chuck says:

I told you not to bother wearing the push-up if you’re just going out for coffee.  ;)

131. dh says:

The refs didn’t seem to be in awe of 87 last night and though they seemed to be less biased than the other 6 games, how many times does Orpik get to check Lapierre into the back of the net before he gets a whistle?

At least he seemed to have distracted MAF for our next goal but that seemed a bit ridiculous.

132. Fansincebirth says:

I have a half-sleeve (right forearm) of tattoos dedicated to the Habs. No one dares say anything to me in Ottawa about bandwagons!

My ass is permanently planted in a seat :o)

133. lenny says:

damn those recent arrivals-lol

134. SeriousFan09 says:

I believe Carter is ruled out for the post-season, Boucher’s out with an MCL sprain I understand, Laperriere, well it’s another argument to indict the Flyers medical staff for recklesis endangerment (The Lindros Affair being the prime case) if they try to put him back on the ice. Sturm… It still makes me cringe a bit reading about that one. Krejci getting knocked out seems to have just devastated the Bruins for whatever reason, they just seem to have stopped competing.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

135. JD_ says:

Solomonish.

How ’bout this one, Chuck: When it’s over, who does Bettman hand Lord Stanley’s Cup to?

And thus we witness the genesis of the Stanley Cup Raising Controversy.

136. Chuck says:

I answered Tommy with this one earlier: Let the “A”s raise it together. I think that it would be an appropriate homage to the teamwork that got them there.

137. zak says:

I love JM’s defensive system

138. smiler2729 says:

The proof is in the pudding when it comes to Sid vs. Ovie: Sid’s got the ultimate hardware.

Both are still a little immature so there’s some leeway given. As for personality, The Ovenchicken can rub the wrong way as a selfish self-promoter while Sid’s all about team.

As for drive, Sid captained his team to a Stanley Cup last spring and decided to spend the summer getting better as a player, changing his stick and working on shooting and winning faceoffs… I bet if Ovie won a Cup, he’d be celebrating in every nightclub from Washington to Moscow and probably become an bigger boor than Ben Rothlishitelsihschlipswhateverburger.

Whining aside, I still really like Sid and am glad my little boy looks up to him and not The Ovenchicken.

139. JD_ says:

What’s with all the thoughtful comments, Chuck?

It’s unnerving.

140. krob1000 says:

I posted this last night but nobody really noticed it….how many of you watched the NHL Network after the game to Sids full answers to those questions and the questions before and after…..I too was kind of disappointed with his answers but when I flicked over to the NHL Network I saw the questions before and after and the not so edited version and he gave the Habs plenty of credit

141. smiler2729 says:

Where’s that superputz ‘Timo’ been? Probably back in Leaf Nation with all the other whiners… It’s so nice without his bullspit here.

142. ManApart says:

Was rewatching the highlights from last night. Pittsburgh really turned it on in the 3rd, outshooting MTL 18-3. Halak was just sick on some of those PP stops. It may have been his greatest period of the whole playoffs. I think the guy is actually getting better, which is not even possible. Great effort by the forwards capitalising on every scoring chance. Philly or Boston (I prefer Boston for sure)is going to be in for a surprise, because this is not the team they knew from the regular season. They are the Montreal Dragon Slayers.

143. Chuck says:

I’m in a “share the love” kind of mood today, I guess. I’m either a Communist or a hippie. :)

144. JD_ says:

Careful.

I hear Boone’s recruiting.

145. HABSsince92 says:

Where did you find this quote?

Been a Habs fan since I was in 2nd grade and sat behind Patrick Roy at the Aud.

146. Say Ash says:

They should make a commercial with Moen’s goal: “What if Gonchar gave a damn?”

147. SeriousFan09 says:

He behaved like a petutant child for 7 straight games because things didn’t go his way. Was Sid all about team when he wasted the entire series whining and griping rather than trying to rally his guys to play as a team like the Canadiens did? He wasn’t a team guy, he behaved like a spoiled brat who was shocked we weren’t letting him win something he thought he was entitled to.

Crosby may be Mr. Nice Guy off the ice, but Ovechkin was twice the man he was on the ice in our two playoff series thus far. If you had to base your opinion on the two guys over the last 14 games played, Ovechkin would easily be considered the professional.

Toews makes Crosby look like a 12-year old as well. Now there’s a respectable hockey player for Canadians to cheer on.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

148. Chuck says:

Actually, he was kind of restrained an mellow last night post-game.  :)

149. Chuck says:

I’d have to respectfully decline. I couldn’t live on the pay for either.  :)

150. ooder says:

amen.

i was just thinking yesterday about how Toews captains his team and how Crosby “captains” his team.. and it’s day and night

——————

151. SeriousFan09 says:

I can’t believe it isn’t up on YouTube already.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

152. TommyB says:

Perhaps the Habs are finding a way to shut even him up.

153. MontrealAtheist says:

No matter whether it’s round 1 or the conference finals, somehow it always comes down to Habs vs. Bruins whereas Bruins and Philly managed to avoid each other in the playoffs for 30 years.

154. habsperspective says:

Happy Friggin 21rst PK, well deserved!

155. Fansincebirth says:

We were chatting in the office about the left leg save he made of Malkin and have concluded that there was no thought process involved, just a muscle twitch that told his leg to move…yes, he’s THAT good :o)

156. HABSsince92 says:

Merci!

Been a Habs fan since I was in 2nd grade and sat behind Patrick Roy at the Aud.

157. Rice Miller says:

I’m glad you brought this up. Earlier in the series, one of our defensemen (I’m not sure if it was O’Byrne or Gill) was called for an interfernce penalty for a play not unlike the Moen goal, only our guy played the man.

Is this a penalty in the new Buttman era, or was it it just a bad call by the ref? I know, when I played the game, it was D-man 101 to take the man out when an opposing forward used a carem off the boards to go around a defensemen. Is this an interference call and is that why Gonchar let Moen pass, or was he just pretending he was L’Eartless.

Can anyone help a brother out?

158. Rice Miller says:

Don’t Start Me Talkin’

159. otter649 says:

As well as to Halak who turns 25…….

160. Rice Miller says:

Thanks, but maybe if they had a person who actually played the game once in his life, instead of some ex-NBA lawyer/garden gnome running the league, it would be a perfectly legal play. How exactly is a defensemen supposed to defend against this move? The rules in this league, since Pee Wee took over, are friggin’ ridiculous, if you ask me.

161. Rice Miller says:

Make sense, although we were penalized for doing exactly that. Interference was the call.

Then again, although I didn’t see the puck bounce off the ref for the penguins first goal because he was not in the camera range, but I’m willing to bet that the ref kicked it to Letang, with the comment “Hurry up and put it in, Mr.Bettman will fire me if Sid doesn’t move on to the next round,”

162. keepthefaith says:

Ok ive held it in long enough!  I have been away from this site since the start of this series, and i ve been holding myself back from coming on here and gloating but i cant take it anymore!!!!!

HARD HABITS, and the rest of you tanking whiners, owe me, Bob Gainey and this whole site an apology for having to read their incessant rants on how much this team sucks.  I would love to be able to follow what you have been saying the last few games.

Me and HH had the same argument all year, i kept saying just make the playoffs and anything can happen, and he kept saying the same thing, ‘sure lets make the playoffs and be swept first round again’. Deep down i really think he wanted that to happen.  And he is not alone.  There is the precious TIMO.  I also heard RETRO MIKEY say he wished this team wouldnt even make the playoffs.  There are ton s more , TIS HIMSELF , no clue about hockey.

I love when people have to eat their words. It is satisfying to hear broadcasters and such admit they were wrong, however i dont expect the same from any of the people i mentioned here today. They will still say that we suck .

163. Dintrox says:

NHL — What if the Habs didn’t believe? featuring Gionta

anybody else find it curious that Blackberry sponsors the NHL after all wasn’t RIM Jim black balled by the BOG.

164. Fargo Habs Fan says:

I think the list of us who truly expected this is pretty small, and I’m not on it.  I’m plenty glad I was wrong.

-Dustin-

“The good thing about drinking during games is if they lose, you’re too drunk to care during and too hungover to care after.” – J.T.

165. Rice Miller says:

It’s funny how these guys disappear as soon as their dooms day predictions don’t come to fruition.

166. Mats26 says:

OK, enought basking. I’m already worying about the future.

I am dreading the Eastern Finals vs Bos or Phi far more than the thought of the Sharks or Hawks. Habs always play well against superior competition.

I worry the commitment to system will not be as strong if the boys believe they can outskill the likes of Gagne, Richards, Briere, Timonnen, Bergeron, Savard, Satan, and Wideman.

How many times did we see the Habs stone teams like the Caps and Pens during the regular season and then lose to the likes of the Leafs, Islanders, and Blue Jackets.

Having said that, I think I’d rather face the Bruins than the Flyers. The hate factor should lead to the better team winning, and the Habs match up better physically with the Bruins. Chara looks tired and Looch is a shadow of his former self. Even if that means we face Rask instead of Leighton.

But if we get Markov back and can relegate MAB o 4th liner/ PP duty, I don’t care who we face! In fact, I’m good with seven defenseman (MArkov and O’Byrne) with MAB sittin

167. notbigbird says:

He’s been around on some posts and being a happy Habs fan just like the rest of us.

168. Slovak says:

to ” MontrealAtheist

Hossa, Demitra, Chara, Satan, Jaro – they are now on the pretty same level of popularity here, but one just have to love Halak for what he has done out there – If Habs win the cup, his success will start to be copared to PETER STASTNY - slovak legend living in Canada…

169. ArmyFan says:

Somebody has probably posted this already, but just in case….Gionta’s second goal from last night.

I know they’re going a little overboard with these, but it’s the line at the end of this one that gives me the lump in my throat…

“What if the Habs didn’t believe?”

Is it wrong for a grown man to have tears welling in his eyes watching something like this????

170. SeriousFan09 says:

When they’re produced after a playoff series is completed, that makes sense, especially with such historic victories as the Canadiens are piling up. Post-game highlights from a game 3 becoming a HWBM… That’s just plain stupid.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

171. foxscape says:

I love these, they just keep getting better as the habs keep winning.

and tho’ We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    –Alfred Lord

172. JF says:

Just watched the game highlights again on Canadiens Express.  I’m still dumbfounded at how badly the Penguins started the game.  It wasn’t just Fleury’s bad performance or the two early penalties; there was simply no cohesion among the players.  Bad starts like that happen to every team during the regular season, but it’s hard to believe that any team, let alone the defending champions, could start a game 7 that badly.

Watching the highlights again allowed me to appreciate, which I was too nervous last night to do, how superb Halak was in the third period.  Some of those saves were near-miracles.  It was perhaps his best period of hockey all playoffs, certainly his best since his 53-save effort in game 6 against Washington.  Without his heroics, the Penguins would almost certainly have tied the game.

Instead of people looking at this as some kind of fairytale or magic, the Habs are beginning to gather some respect around the league.  Despite Crosby’s rather ungracious comment about being out-shot and out-chanced as a strategy, no one is talking any more about rope-a-dope hockey.  Instead they’re talking about players buying into a system and the team as a whole playing superb defensive hockey.  I think we’re improving from game to game.  In this series, the turning point was the middle of the second period in game 6.  The Penguins were up 2-1 but had squandered several opportunities to deliver a near-fatal blow.  We know what happened then – that momentum-changing shift from our third line, followed by two quick goals and bedlam at the Bell Centre.  From that point we were in control.

173. Y says:

Agreed.

It’s getting to a point that everything is going to become a HWBM – even what color of tie the winning coach wore.

174. Y says:

Was probably just a show put on by both parties to try and increase the Coyote’s value and in turn receive free advertising.

175. Y says:

I’d take Toews and Ovechkin 10 out of 10 times over Crysby.

176. davelecave says:

It’s my understanding that if Gonchar has body position and theyre both travelling in the same direction, he is allowed to hit him as long as he doesn’t commit another illegal act (holding, elbowing, etc).  Gonchar was definately allowed to hit him, he just had a brain freeze or something.

177. davelecave says:

178. davelecave says:

There should be one of the Pens changing and ending up with 6 players on the ice, with the caption “What if penguins could count?”

179. davelecave says:
    “True fans know the NBA playoffs never make
    jaws
    drop like the NHL has this spring. The NBA never has No. 8 seeds
    beating
    the regular-season champs and then the defending champs, back to

back, led by a slow giant named Hal with 50 stitches in his leg. True
    fans
    are tired of trying to expand the brand. Sick of trying to follow
    the
    puck? Don’t know what the Halak is going on out there? Fine. Bye.
    Enjoy
    LeBron James.”

Lol I’m dying

180. tanhaa says:

This team is an inspiration.  No matter what the adversity, they will overcome! I’m so proud of this team.  I was slowly drifting away from Hockey, especially after Roy left, but this year, I watched hockey with interest throughout the season.  Gainey changed the face of this team, new coach (though I’m not a huge JM fan, I got nothing but praise for him at this point) and new faces (who cares about Gomez’s salary if he gets the job done).  We made it through to the Playoffs, barely hanging on, and then we beat the Capitals and the Penguins.  What else can one want?

Bruins or Flyers, it’s time to get our revenge for the last two years.  Habs have to be on top of their game just like they were in the first two series and not take these guys nonchalantly.  Thoughts that these teams don’t have the firepower of Caps or Pens will not help us.  They are here to play, just like we are.  We have proven Caps arrogance wrong, Boudreau and his players were nothing but arrogant throughout the series.  We proved Pens arrogance wrong as well.  Was it Orpik who said the best team will win and we will make it through?  Now it’s time to stay humble, play the underdog and get to the final.  A final showdown with Chicago would be a lot of fun.  Drive for the 25th is just warming up.

181. badangel says:

aw jeeze I didn’t think I clicked twice

sigh .. sorry

ps I love you habs ;)

182. lavie says:

L’Antichambre last night showed a video clip that Geoff Molson offered a big hug to Subban in the crowded dressing room, but Subban, didn’t realize it’s Geoff Molson,  seemed only hugging a journalist, and escaped very quickly. Very funny!

183. ooder says:

yesterday Pleks played 21:19

with 6:33 shorthanded including a lengthy 4-3 PK.

little girl?!?!

ithink not. This guy was huge as to why we won. He shutdown Crosby, svaed a few goals, setup Cammy for a beautifull one timer.

people who say he has been invisble have been watching the wrong games.

AK46 has finally started coming out of his shell.. game 6 and 7 he stareted playing. Yestrday he was a little rusty in the third because of all the PK duties for the habs but he played pretty well

——————

184. badangel says:

um Farber’s article gives excuses for the play of the Pens and they have NO excuse to go belly up. Habs had players also in the Olympics. Give credit where it’s due.

Anyway…. anyone know if there is a video up of the Habs talking about playing in the playoffs, for the habs and the habs fans? It was super awesome! I saw it last night at the Bell before the game! I really liked it and would like to show it to some friends!! :D

Sidenote— I was at the game last night.. and of all the hockey games I’ve ever seen live… this was the best ever. It gave me chills to be there with 20,000 other fans and it made the win so so much more fun than sitting at home :) Thanks to the Bell Centre for making it happen and the Habs fans in attendance! It was a memorable experience I will not soon forget. I love being a fan for this team!

I’ve been hoping for the Habs to come together and play at their peak and watching them play and give their 100% I believe in them so much. :) My hope is belief. Go Habs!

I hope all away games are shown at the Bell! I want to see 20,000 people bow to Halak again on the screen! Rad!

185. Off-side says:

Do we want a Bruins win or a Flyers win?

186. sprague cleghorn says:

Rice Miller?  Can we call you Sonny Boy II?

187. Chuck says:

Interesting stst from CBC last night.

So far, the Habs have blocked an incredible 360 shots… Chicago is a distant second with 160. That’s 200 shots more that Jaro hasn’t had to stop.

If the Habs had only blocked 160 to this point, the same as Chicago, and assuming Jaro’s SV% of .933, that means that the Hab shot-blockers have saved just shy of 19 goals… or 1.36 goals per game.

188. MontrealAtheist says:

Thanks for the info! A Hossa vs. Halak match-up is certainly one that I would love to see as well for the Cup finals.

189. smiler2729 says:

306 shots blocked, not 360… but I get your point.

190. Chuck says:

Oops… must have read the graphic wrong. But still… fantastic work! That’s still an extra goal per game, or the difference between 3.86 goals/game vs. our current 2.86 goals scored against us per game.

If that was the case, of the playoff teams only Ottawa and Los Angeles would have given up more goals/game (4.00 and 4.17)… and we wouldn’t be playing hockey right now.

And at the same time, what if Cammy hadn’t been so hot? If he had only scored half of his 12 goals, our goal scoring per game would be a paltry 2.35… third-worst of the 16 playoff teams. If he had scored none? Our goals scored per game drops to just 1.92.

191. Off-side says:

Why?  Because we have a better chance or is it a case of revenge?

192. jbroderi says:

He was likely thinking ” who is this creepy creepy journalist”  hahaha

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

193. jbroderi says:

i think it’ll be fine. I wouldn’t be so quick to call either of the teams inferior, or compare them to the islanders. One will make it as well, so we have to stick to the system, which no doubt will change slightly, given the lack of a true superstar.  I don’t think this habs team will let up, but it might be a good, long series so we better get ready.  Habs in 5, then in 6 against CHI for the cup on home ice!!!!!1

f*ck yeah!!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

194. Rob says:

The list of people who truly expected this is zero.  There is nobody…not even the most ardent |Habs fans like you or I, who can claim they “expected” this.  Anyone who did is delusional.  However, i agree, that hockey playoffs are what they are….once you’re in, it’s anyone’s game.  The presidents trophy winner rarely wins the Cup, and there’s often a low seed in the Finals.  So i agree the people who wanted us to tank, were barking up the wrong tree.  HOWEVER, i think coming out with this “ha ha, i told you so thing” isn’t much better than some of the outrageous posts that the majority of people here would rather not have to deal with.

195. Slovak says:

Me too:-) but Hossa can play like zillion times better than what he is currently playing… As I said it before – I saw some games and I really think they should put more skilled players around him or move him to another formation, it is the same case as Demitra – wrong pairing – no great chemistry between players in his formation. I don’t want to pardon them but on the Olympics they played like different people…

I got one question for you: How is Peter Stastny viewed in Montreal and Canada?

196. ArmyFan says:

Sorry – just noticed it was posted about 3 posts before mine.  Dumbass (me, that is ;)…..

I already offered up my mea culpa on these pages but I am sure you conveniently glossed over it.

Many people said that regardless of how far the Habs went they’d be proud. For me nothing less then a Stanley Cup win will suffice. However I did agree to myself that regardless of what happens from here on in that I have jumped off of the tank-wagon. Even if they lost against the Pens I wouldn’t have “told-you-so” as you are doing now.

All those people you mention myself included are fans as much as you so deal with it. None of us is going anywhere.

198. Omit says:

D

It’s interference, but like anything else in the NHL, it’s subject to interpretation.

199. PeterStone says:

I assume most have seen the TSN clip inside the Habs dressing room after the win last night, called Canadiens Post Game Reaction, ( if you havent , check it out )  but, this has to be the tightest Habs dressing room we have had in years.  They seem to enjoy hanging out together … its pretty infectuous just watching it.

Very very impressive.

200. tanhaa says:

I think it will be exciting to watch a Habs/Bruins Conf final.  Yes, revenge, yes!  Better chance?  No.  If they are going to make it through, it would be because they deserved it as much as Habs.  IMHO, habs are going to have equal chances against Flyers or Bruins.  Both teams play very similar type of hockey.  Bodies will be flying all over.

201. Omit says:

Read keepthefaith’s comments again.   He said make the playoffs and anything can happen.

HH’s Mea Culpa

Hell
    hath frozen over. I have some news for all you HIOers. I made a promise
    to one of my colleagues at work that if the Habs made it to the
    Conference Finals that I would never mention tanking as a viable option
    to rebuild the Habs ever again. There you have it. I’ve jumped off of
    the tank-wagon for good. I was wrong out about that one. BG was right.

203. PeterStone says:

Also , should add, another display of very interesting refereeing … not that we didnt deserve our penalties ( except Kost., that was a clean hit ) but, Orpik wasnt interfering with Lapierre behind the net ? Gonchar didnt hit AK in the back ? Cooke didnt jab at Halak’s glove after he stopped it …

Anyways, the Champs are gone … so, the refereeing should start being more balanced.

204. PeterStone says:

Hes played very well … great in the faceoff circle as well.  In general, i would say almost everyone had a great game … and all had pretty good series … even AK.

205. Off-side says:

Can you provide a link, please?

206. Off-side says:

I know what you mean about the next series becoming physical.  It scares me because we have some fragile players (Gill, maybe Spacek but he seems better now) and I don’t want to see them get more hurt.

207. punkster says:

Great effort by the entire team. No passengers. Keep rolling!

I’m ready to move on now and at this point I’m not sure who I want to meet. Either opponent is going to be tough because either the Flyers will be coming off a brilliant comeback or the Bruins will be coming off a series victory at home. Both will be tough in a seven game series and the season head-to-head records won’t matter a bit. If pressed I’ll say the Bruins just because they’re our hated rivals.

After game six I backed off my AK negativity when he put in a good performance. After last night I’m happy that JM stuck with this guy. He shows further signs of involvement and when he gets involved he’s a very quick, smart player. Keep it up AK.

Also there were a bunch of questions last night about not playing OB and calls to bench Hamrlik after a few gaffs. In the end the decisions by the coach were the right calls as indicated by the final score. I, for one, am learning to hold off on kneejerk reactions as to who plays and who doesn’t.

Finally, nice to see that some of the most radically negative commenters have actually expressed pleasure with the team now. Makes for more interesting reading when the baiting, name calling and one upmanship is reduced to a minimum.

FEEL THE PRIDE!

208. JD_ says:

“A lot’s going to be put on us like it has been all series. I mean, they’ve beaten Washington and now they’ve beaten us. I think it’s time to give this team some credit for what they’ve done rather than picking apart why we didn’t do what we were supposed to do.” – Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik

Attaboy Brooksy. Tell it like it is.

Your team can’t melt down if there’s no heat. And it was effin’ hot in the Mellon. Word.

Don’t know about you, but I was positively floored by what a mess the Pens made in their bed from the get-go. Crosby stoopid right out of the gates. Fleury back to the useless form that had me shakin’ my head all those years ago when he was the first overall pick. Malkin invisible. Gonchar beggin’ to be Heimliched.

More importantly, a Habs team that was so utterly poised and prepared, if you still don’t get JM, you never will. The Habs played like they knew all along they would win. No visible hint of pressure other than a few untimely and ill-thought penalties by the D.

And Halak. One step closer to the ultimate individual trophy in professional sport: The Conn Smythe. Assuming, of course, Squid doesn’t walk away with it.

For whatever reason, and it isn’t overconfidence, I’m not worried about either the Broonz or the Flippers. In fact, I’d venture that either one of them will go down hard and fast. I don’t know why; call it a gut feel.

Chicago or San Jose? That’s a whole new enchilada.

Whatever the case, I’m off to buy a big Habs flag. Promised the kids a week ago that there’d be one when we were done puttin’ away Sid & Co.

Meltdown complete.

209. Chuck says:

“Squid”.  :)

210. Off-side says:

thanks!

211. ShangaDoo says:

Did you see Cammalleri’s quote?

I almost feel bad for any guy who plays his whole NHL career without
    ever experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien. I
    understand that it can be ugly too, but it’s pretty fun right now.”

What a guy.

It’s tough to choose between Cammy and Halak for the Conn Smythe.

You would want Halak over Cammy?

212. SeriousFan09 says:

AK/Pleks/Cammy? The 3-Headed Monster of the next round.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

213. JD_ says:

The pool always looks nice when it’s full of water, PK.

As for the Broonz and Flippers? Both prime Meltdown 2010 candidates. Way, way too much infighting and dissent in their respectively torn apart dressing rooms.

Downtown Meltdownville.

214. kmachabs27 says:

NEEED GAME 4 TICKETSS!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELPP

215. JD_ says:

Hee hee hee.

We have the makings of a Conn Smythe Controversy.

Is there anything better than being a Habs fan? I love it.

216. Mats26 says:

I was happy someone on the Pens showed some class and gave props to the Habs. Good for Orpik. I know Sid is uber competitve and that’s what makes him so successful, but the way he answers questions and never acknowledges the other team is really annoying. Coupled with his antics on the ice, I can see why non Canadian eastern conference fans despise him so.

I live in Washington and always tell my friends that Crosby is a better cornerstone than Ovie for his ability to make those around him play better, and also for potential longevity. But now I’m not so sure. There’s definitely some latent doucheness that I hadn’t recognized.

217. SPATS says:

Hey Slovak, Stastny was very popular in Quebec City during the 80′s as a member of the Nordiques. The Nordiques were your equivalent of the Czechs or Russians to the Habs fans. They were our most bitter rival. He’s respected for his talent but I doubt he’d draw much of a crowd outside of Quebec City.

218. Chuck says:

Let ‘em share it. I’d have no problem with co-winners.

219. Chuck says:

Nice visiting locker room in The Boob, eh? Looks like a prison cell.

220. JD_ says:

Interesting. I had an extended chat with a long-time friend this morning about that very topic.

We’ve always entertained the Sid vs Ovie debate between ourselves, him siding with Sid, me Ovie. I recognize Ovie’s shortcomings as a leader but am enthralled with his combination of talent and enthusiasm.

If it were possible, I have no doubt Ovie would kill to wear the Habs jersey.

Sid is the more complete package, however.

Like Patrick Roy, Sid is also hyper competitive. He’s also a winner. I’m always the first to defend him against accusations of whining and the rest. Let’s face it, Gretzky set the bar when it came to whining.

Having said all that, and as it went during this morning’s conversation, Sid slid down a few notches in both our books last night, beginning with his churlish behaviour in the handshake lineup.

You’ve got yer Cup, kid. Show some maturity. Jesus.

I guess that’s what happens when you’re featured in a TimBits ad before there’s grass on your field.

221. Slovak says:

He did a lot for Slovak Hockey and I like him as a person, the same goes for Bondra. Thank you for the answer, enjoy the moment of victory and then let’s go for the cup Montreal…

222. Batalla says:

Some of those nutbar fans better watch out…  Karma is one cruel biatch.  The last thing we need is to screw the Halak mojo…

Or Cammy’s…

223. smiler2729 says:

First of all, how does one get on the wrong plane? Second, how does one get on the wrong plane??

224. soflohabsfan says:

So who does bettmen hand the cup off too?? I say marky if he is playing if not then pleks what do u guys think?

“The Future Belongs to Those Who Believe in the Beauty of Their Dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt

225. davecessna says:

Let’s focus on round 3 champ.

226. soflohabsfan says:

I know I know just dreaming a little but this all seems like a dream.

227. SeriousFan09 says:

If Markov is playing, I think Gionta and Gill would defer to him lifting it since it would be his 1st time.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

228. Mr_MacDougall says:

i agree, who in their right mind would want to let those two dawn the Maple Leaf? They do not deserve to represent Canada.. jeez, i’d rather see Darcy Tucker on the team than Downie.. Douche!~

229. dufour says:

I’ll take the credit for that record thank you… shaved the ole playoff beard (I guess you could call it that) into a dirty mustache after the game 4 loss against washington.

“How would you like a job where when you made a mistake, a big red light goes on and 18,000 people boo?” Jacques Plante

230. TomNickle says:

The most impressive statistic about this team recently.

They’ve gone 7-3 against the Caps and Pens since game 5 of the first round.

231. mike g says:

That’s beautiful, and actually mind boggling….

What I found crazy last night, was when CBC showed the team’s with the most blocked shots in the playoffs. Last night’s game included, I think the Habs now have 320 blocked shots. The 2nd place team was Chicago with 160.

That’s simply rediculous…..

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

232. riazp says:

yup..first round they were 45.00 round 2 54.00..now 72.00 So yeah i dunno if i want to shell out 144.00 + service charges…HD TV is great

233. mb says:

Oh well, I guess I’ll keep watching it on TV then!  Seriously, 72$ for cheap seats… And tickets will still be sold out in an hour or so

234. MontrealAtheist says:

Just get a few extra tickets and sell them … that should cover the price for your own tickets.

235. riazp says:

cheap seats are 72.00…

236. mb says:

What?? Geez, I knew prices were gonna raise, but just not that much…

237. MontrealAtheist says:

I repeat my previous question(s):

1) Are you saying that picking the players is the only factor that determines the success in playoff series?

2) If so, then why didn’t we win much during the 6 previous seasons where Gainey was also picking the players?

238. smiler2729 says:

Other than Gauthier picking up Dom Moore for a 2nd rounder, this is all Gainey’s team -and- Bob is still here as an advisor and a presence or weren’t you seeing him up in the rafters with Pierre.

Bob didn’t really resign, he retired and moved upstairs and definitely still has a huge say in this team, his team.

Your Gainey hating is just pointless in this post and your redundant other posts here this morning BUT God forgives you.

239. MontrealAtheist says:

Well, you don’t inherit home ice advantage from your victims unfortunately after finishing them off :-) However, if Philly wins the #7 seed in the conference would get home ice advantage for the conference finals … certainly not something you see every day.

240. otter649 says:

The Habs beat The Caps & Now The Pens but still do not get home ice advantage for the next series against either Boston or Philadelphia since they were seeded #8 in The Eastern Conference at the start of the playoffs…….

241. Clay4bc says:

It’s a shame about the rioting. Some idiots just have to make the rest of us fans look bad…

Don’t let them spoil what this team has accomplished though – an  amazing run so far, and I agree with Boone – Jaro has joined the ranks of Dryden and Roy. But Cammy has also joined Lafleur and other Habs playoff greats, and that was a little more unexpected for me!

__________________________

242. adam76 says:

The folks who smash windows are not fans.  They are cowards who use the mass amount of people as a shield.

A quick comment on the rioting. Punks who break a window, loot a store or throw a rock at a cop should expect to be tasered with the gun set on high. Touch a cop or his horse and it’s an automatic one year sentence in jail. Establish the guidelines before the thugs hit the street.

244. Dee says:

Agree 24 Cups with what you said.My suggestion,the ones that got arrested last night keep them in jail till the playoffs are over I would gladly pay for their keep.They are nothing but a bunch of hooligans,give them a huge fine and 1000 hours of community work.Plaster their faces all over the papers and T.V so their families can see their true colors.

Habs Fan 4 Ever & Ever Amen.

245. nightmare_49 says:

SK24 -  You sound like your neo conservative friend Vic Toews and we will take care of the minor rioting in MTL. exagerrated by the media  and you should worry about  the ring worm in your backyard,lol. ………………….  The minor rioting is exageratted by the media and those not arrested should be pursued with passion (photos and videos) by our finest with the help of those two bias Ontario refs last night.

246. DavidKB says:

Taught in England 9 years ago, but was still able to watch Ray Bourke raise the cup. Would get up about 1:00 a.m., watch the games of the finals, go back to bed for a couple of hours and then get up for work.

Wouldn’t it be great if the Habs could announce who the future captain will be with the hoisting of the Stanley Cup?

Cammalleri is truly making a little Habs history, and Halak will be remembered, for sure! PK, as a rookie, is our Dryden, and who’s behind the bench? Jacques

247. Dee says:

Call this team smurfs,they are to small what ever else you want to call them.This Habs team are GIANTS in my eyes their all HEART.Cammy said it best last night we don’t need HERO’S we PLAY as a TEAM!8th place team playing last years Stanly cup winner take them out in the 7th game that is called HEART.How sweet is that.Round 3 coming up.
    GO HABS GO

Habs Fan 4 Ever & Ever Amen.

248. Dintrox says:

Oh what a ride! Thank you BOB Gainey. December 4, 2009 – Elmer Lach’s jersey took its rightful place with the Rocket’s in the rafters.

249. MontrealAtheist says:

Yeah, thank you for resigning and making this playoff run possible and unleashing the true potential of this squad, Bob Gainey !!! Gainey knew that the team needed a new direction/leadership and did the only honorable thing by giving up his job as GM.

Sure, Gainey picked most of the players in this roster much like in the past 7 years, including the one on last year’s roster that failed miserably. While Gainey certainly deserves some credit for selecting the players, the players he picked over the years never accomplished anything while he was in charge, so maybe it’s not just about picking players but also in having a new management that gave the team new impulses.

If picking the right players was all there is to winning the Stanley Cup surely we would have added 6 more Stanley Cups to our trophy room under Gainey … lol

250. nightmare_49 says:

… I like to wish Jaroslav Halak and P.K.Subban a very Happy Birthday,have a good one.

251. showey47 says:

I agree also, their community services hours should be served by working for the businesses they caused damage too till their hours are up and the damage is paid for.It pisses me off that a couple of idiots have to do something so stupid to make the rest of us look bad.

252. Fansincebirth says:

I have absolutely no time or sympathy for these little pukes. Haul their asses off to jail for a while, make them scrape pigeon shit off sidewalks, humiliate the shit out of them and make them wish to God they never do anything like that again.

Set Tasers on stun Scotty!!!!

253. J Haul says:

Nice write-up on Cammalleri in today’s Toronto Star (despite the extremely annoying headline):

254. lavie says:

Before the playoff, Habs were not claimed as an American team; Habs were not claimed as “Toronto Way”. lol

255. avatar_58 says:

The toronto way? No no, he actually wins

256. Fansincebirth says:

Huge hats off to Orpik. You said what your chicken shit crybaby captain should have said:

“They beat Washington, now they beat us,” defenceman Brooks Orpik
    said. “I think it’s time to give this team some credit for what they’ve
    done, rather than picking apart why we didn’t do what we were supposed
    to do.”

You sir are a true sportsman.

257. Max_a_million says:

Funny about your Dryden Quote, I think they have chosen.

Philly and Pitt were at least as French as the habs.  Philly has 5 and some big stars.

258. Bill H says:

Good post.  I agree.  Orpik expressed something that could have been voiced by their captain.  But let’s cut Crosby some slack.  I heard he has been playing hurt all series.  He was diagnosed with diaper rash in game one.  That’s very difficult to play with.  LOL

259. lenny says:

Thank You for allowing me to watch hockey well into May

260. MontrealAtheist says:

We’ll continue to watch Canadiens hockey well into June !!!

261. johndc says:

Damned Canadiens!!! You definitely stole my heart during this play-offs :)

I hope Habs win SC and I could see Halak in Bratislava with Cup.

8 are done, 8 are ahead.

262. MontrealAtheist says:

When we win the Cup Halak will certainly be among the first to take it home to his home town/country … Without him, we would not even be in the playoffs !!!

263. Slovak says:

HOPE BOSTON WILL WIN IT AND THEN – HERE IT COMES BABY – HALAK VS CHARA + SATAN – THAT WOULD BE A LOT OF FUN :-)

264. Habhopeful says:

And without the whole TEAM(!), we would not be in the Eastern Conference Finals!

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

265. forskis says:

For those expecting a cakewalk against the B’s or Flyers…watch the karma…do not disrespect those teams the same way the Habs have been disrespected…the Habs just played two series against offensive juggernauts…they will be in tough against these lunchpail, physical teams.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

266. SLONCOLD says:

indeed. different game plan for sure

267. ManApart says:

Agree 100%. Especially if Philly wins, don’t ever think it will be easy and now the Habs will win by devine right.

268. Jordio-oh says:

I’m getting pretty sick of all of these so called ‘analysts’ (from Fan590, CBC, TSN) who are going over all the things the Pens did wrong, instead of what the habs did right. “what went wrong with Crosby and Malkin?” as if they failed and so that’s why we won.

I’m not surprised, given the networks. But give the credit where its due. Mike Brophy is the biggest peice of shit in the business.

269. SeriousFan09 says:

What’s wrong with Crosby and Malkin? They caught Gill Fever, not their fault ;)

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

270. smiler2729 says:

Yeah me too. Watching Hockey Central with Brophy now. These guys have forgotten how to be hockey fans and are too wrapped in their self-importance as “analysts”, they never go out on a limb except for Craig MacTavish on TSN who picked the Habs to beat the Caps in Game 7.

271. notbigbird says:

For the most parts these guys gave it their best and were simply shut down.

272. Fansincebirth says:

I bet he never thought of saying:

“Without the strength of the past, the team may face a choice – to win, sign a bunch of Smurfs or to be French-Canadian?” — Ken Dryden

273. Max_a_million says:

Yeah but these aren’t normal smurfs.  We got bad-ass smurf, kick butt smurf, sniper smurf, pesky smurf, a Hal Gill as Gargamel.

Conference Finals Coming Up,.. Great Management

My blog…check it out

A band of brothers to be sure, it has taken all year to develop this chemistry and brotherhood. A true TEAM now, working for one another.

Some want to give all the credit to Halak, some Gill, and some Camillarie. But not so, everyone is playing their roll within themselves. No one is trying to do it all alone, everyone is giving their all and backing up each other.

That’s how we are getting the job done!

275. DavidKB says:

Exactly! This team may not have “superstars” (some in the making though), and some may question that there are great players on the team, but there is no arguing that this team is great, because that’s what we’ve got here, a TEAM.

Okay, Halak has been incredible.

276. topher5468 says:

I have to get something off my chest, Enough already with the ” I was one of the few, remember when I said and nobody agreed, I was the only one saying this, to all the nay sayers where are you now, WHO really cares, were all habs fans who at some point this season had reason to doubt this teams compete level, At times they were awfull. So what, We should just enjoy the ride and not point fingers. So what if a guy was down on Halak, or Gill or lapeirre or JM or Gainey. We all love this team and lets just appreciate how this team has come together,

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

277. andrewberkshire says:

Completely agreed, Topher. We’ve all heard enough “I told you so” comments.

278. notbigbird says:

It’s call Ego. There’s a wee bit of that on this site. :)

279. avatar_58 says:

Except I’m still calling Pk doubters out. ;) I’m sorry but I always said he was a stud and I’m lovin it! TEE HEE

280. 123456 says:

remember when i told people to stop saying “i told you so”…

i really like this place as there are a few (and i mean few) people who know their stuff, i do not care what a person’s opinion is as long as they have put some though into it. but i’d challenge anyone who says “i told you back in december…blah blah” to show me every post and i’ll show them their erros.

today is a day to enjoy the habs team. was a great game.

secret mod

281. alestar says:

Great win last night, proud to be a Habs fan!

Too bad those asshats that started rioting looting stores went and gave Montreal another black eye…takes some of the shine off what should be a fun celebration.

XXIV…and counting

282. Slovak says:

For all Slovaks Boston is a better choice simply because there will be slovak friends agains each other, there will be a lot of action in Slovak media…guys know each other and therefore it will be fun to watch how they handle it… no disrespect to anyone

283. MontrealAtheist says:

Who is more popular in Slovakia, Halak or Satan? It would be an interesting match for Slovaks for sure …

Bryan – To be honest, I didn’t think the refs were that bad last night.  Quite a few of the Hab penalties were justified (Gorges for cross-checking as an example).

The three main factors were Fleury’s shaky start, the ability of the Habs to shutdown Crosby/Malkin and the punchless Pens’ PP.

285. nightmare_49 says:

Steve – Once again you look at it one way, it’s not all about the penalties they called on the Habs, it’s the penalties they missed on the Pens especially in front of Halak on our ‘D’. ……………….   BTW  Your boy Gomez skated well last night.

Your dead on my friend. This is why the owners that think you can buy a cup put all there eggs in one basket with stars and big contracts are left scratching their heads. A team sport is not won by a few, it is won by the whole group. That is only known by teams that have been in the business for at least 100 years my friend.

My blog…check it out

287. SeriousFan09 says:

Years ago these things were possible because you could not only have Crosby and Malkin, but you’d have guys with finish on their wings like Cammalleri, Gionta and the like. Cap era makes it impossible, build around superstars and you don’t have much else to work with these days.

Pens made themselves the Crosby and Malkin show, Montreal built a team. Pens and Capitals have to ask themselves, should we have a cult of personality around some superstars or build a team?

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

288. topher5468 says:

Thanks Andrew, for me I know I had moments of doubt and frustration with this team, it doenst make me a poor or non loyal fan , it , to me makes me passionate and a bit crazy at times but Im not perfect. Hell nobody is.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

289. smiler2729 says:

Probably. After all, they’re God’s team, eh.

290. habsman-itoba says:

Does anyone have a linkk to the crosby interview after the game last night?  For some strange reason they are not showing all of the footage on TV.  I’d love to hear him suck and complain about the penalty!

CBC.ca has this article:  http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup/Er2-1/story/2010/05/12/sp-mon-pit-7-recap.html

Did they really just try to make sid look like a gracious loser?  Ouch.

But what a win.  What a team.  There are more and more Habs fans making themselves known out here in Manitoba.

291. tanhaa says:

Crosby was called for the first time! I was surprised, shocked when he was called, so was everybody watching the game with me.  We were like “WoW!  Crosby got a penalty”. He escaped so many penalties before in the series, it was only fair that he gets one and Habs punished him for getting one. His comment about this not being a penalty, wow!  Game 7 or not, it was a penalty.  My reply to him:  you got saved by your star-status so many times, notably when he tripped Hamrlik and they scored, he broke his stick, etc. you have no rights to complain, really.

While he whines and cries a lot on the ice, it’s amazing how calm he is when talking to the media.  He is talented, no doubt, but perhaps a bit of sportsmanship will do him good.

292. topher5468 says:

Its all good, I doubted his call up but not his skill.  I didnt really have enough of a sample to decide on his skill level. I am glad he is here though.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

293. smiler2729 says:

Yeah good call. BUT I know a lot of players who have great ‘rookie’ playoffs come down to Earth the next season so let’s hope PK doesn’t falter in October or the bashers will turn on him too.

294. habaholic68NJ says:

I live about 25 miles from midtown manhattan and listen to bloomberg (financial) radio driving to work every morning.  The morning host is a huge Habs fan and was mentioning the Habs every 15 min.  Every hockey fan that I have seen since the middle of the Caps series have chanted to me Go HABS.  The USA is very aware and routing for the Habs, America’s team. Maybe the Canadian Heritage minister should issue a public apology to the good people of Canada.

As for my predictions, listen up as I picked the Habs in 7 over the Caps and Pengiuns.

Habs over Philly or the Bs, in 6.

295. HNS says:

Huge fan in Nassau County NY. Many Habs fans in NY. My buddy went to the Islander game the nite of the snowstorm. Way more Habs fans than Islander fans. I’m floating on air today. I call this DESTINY

296. lavie says:

NEWS BULLETIN. This just in….GREENPEACE
    as canceled all activities They are going after a Group from Quebec who
    call themselves ‘THE MONTREAL CANADIENS’ for slaughting penquins on
    their own ice. They are seaching in the Pittsburg area. What a mess they
    say.

(Copy and paste from TSN)

297. topher5468 says:

I know, your right, In a way Im just as bad I guess, It just bothers me. Your right, this is a great day and its been a long time coming. It could be raining by me right now but you couldnt convince me the sun wasn’t shining.

Cheers friend

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

298. JF says:

For anyone who reads French, here’s a blog from Le Monde abut the game:

The author writes that he thought of calling his piece “Miracle on Ice” but decided that the Canadiens’ performance had nothing miraculous about it but was quite simply a masterpiece.  The comments show how much interest there is in France for the NHL and the Habs.

299. habs before anything says:

anyone read this trash yet, how about giving a little credit

300. Malreg says:

Any word on when tickets go on sale for round 3?

301. mb says:

They’ll be on sale saturday at 2pm on canadiens website

302. Fansincebirth says:

Alright my beloved Habs….

Time to let your hair down. Take PK and HALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK out tonight (unless you did it last night) get drunk and celebrate the win and their birthdays.

Time to get back to work after that and prepare for the next team that stands between us and the Stanley Cup finals!

303. mike g says:

This is unreal, just incredible…

I’ve never seen a city come together as a family like this.

ps, this one’s for you Sidney…… http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_155x125.131201067.jpg

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

304. pmaraw says:

did anyone see cabbie from the score asking the hawks if the sedins had a bromance?