An idea whose time has come?

No, not bringing back MAB to spark the PP.

Let us celebrate a nice win by respectfully suggesting Canadiens vice-president of marketing consider the innovation that set the Chicago Blackhawks on their road to the Stanley Cup:

Ice Girls.

OK, maybe Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane and Duncan Keith had something to do with the Hawks’ success. But comely maidens wielding shovels had to help, no?

Just a thought.

And before the sexism rants begin, how about a split squad: Ice Girls and Ice Boys?

Pat Hickey’s game story

Quotes from the room

• Pierre Ladouceur’s game analysis

• Arpon Basu on Carey Price

Mark Everson in the NY Post on the sitting of Kovy II:

The
rookie coach’s bold moves have become bizarre, and just plain bad. Now
the Devils have a coach-star controversy that could haunt them the
entire season.

Dang! Why couldn’t that mess have erupted BEFORE they came to the Bell Centre.
So, what’s the over/under on days till Jacques Lemaire returns?

And draft choice Brendan Gallagher throws a few in the W

s2yda4qo4p4

1. SeriousFan09 says:

If there was a price of admission to visit Habs I/O, Bugs would make it worthwhile by himself :)

2. Mike Boone says:

Wrestling? You’re skating on Timo’s thin ice, Bugs

3. WestHab says:

I get to at least one game in Montreal a season. In fact I like to brag that I was at the famous Feb 18 2008 game vs the rangers. I also see the Habs when they come here. They have ice girls in Calgary and I keep saying yeah they don’t need those in Montreal cause there are babes all over the place anyways:)

4. fbkj says:

were not talking about cheerleaders, were talking about instead of seeing potbellied balding men shovel the snow, replace them with some skanks

win win

5. fbkj says:

well if your living in calgary and not going to games, why the need to cockblock those of us that actually do lol

6. Number31 says:

Phoenix’s plays has been inconsistent as of late. They do play a good road game but it depends on which team shows up… They can also burn you with speed so hopefully Spacek, Hamr, and Gill look behind them when they miss a puck along the board at the blueline because someone (usually Upshall) will most likely pick it up and go on a breakaway.

Is Doan still suspended?

7. 123456 says:

yup they do. what happens in the family zone, stays in the family zone

8. joeybarrie says:

Even though I appear to support ICE GIRLS in my post below. In truth I agree with you. We have no need for ice girls, cheerleaders and any of the other attempts to entertain people with gimmicks that have nothing to do with Hockey.

We will never have ice girls, our organization would probably never even consider it.

If we did introduce ice girls it would be at a loss to our dignity and class. Not because it’s classless to have ice girls, but because people come to see Hockey. We all know that you go to Chez Pare AFTER the game… THATS CLASS…

Should I be wrong and we decide to do it, then I will console my small loss by watching ice girls…….So in the end to me, doesn’t really matter.

Something that sticks out in my mind. In Nashville, Carolina, Chicago you see ice girls and look forward to the camera focusing on them. I LIKE IT….  What I like better is in Montreal you see the camera focus on Jean Beliveau in his seat. I look forward to that.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. adam76 says:

http://www.wwe.com – next month, Hogan will give Lesnar the eye poke of death!

10. Number31 says:

What. You don’t like the Clorox Ice Dudes coming out of the zamboni door in their uniforms? They’re all business. Like a dance troupe for a Beastie Boys video or something. I love those guys.

11. Say Ash says:

I’m pretty sure brian boitano would be for the men, too.

12. N.B.habs fan says:

Glad see Lesnar get beat.Where can we see the highlights?

13. Matt_in_TO says:

As we all know, Montreal would end up with the hottest ice girls in the league but I think it would be a bad idea.  Why lower our standards to that of Carolina and Atlanta?  Having ice girls to me would just cheapen the class and dignity that surrounds the franchise.

- In Price We Trust

14. derfab says:

You got ‘em bugs. Did you mean to say trans-vesti? I wouldn’t mind being the shovel but I’m afraid carey would get into trouble with his glove hand again, so it’s a no for me.

15. Bugs says:

Two things I forgot to mention:

1) That Pleky pass to K Senior for first goal of the game was Glory incarnate.

2) Y’all see Brock Lesnar get the sh*te knocked outta’m last night? The bigger they are, the more blood they spill when they run outta juice after a minute’n'half.

Decadently yours, I recline as

16. WestHab says:

As much as I like to fill my eys with candy I think the Montreal Canadians are beyond that. With so many beautiful women in the stands Montreal does not need ice girls.

17. habsguy says:

Hummmmm,  you’re probably right about that Ian,  there would be alot of protesters !!!……….LOL

18. Danno says:

My friends once told me I missed the bus to Brockville, but that’s another story Ian :0)

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

19. fbkj says:

lol who is talking about ice sweepers being sexist?

20. Exit716 says:

I guess there is a good reason Lou never promoted MacLean in previous years.

21. Mattyleg says:

I like only that section.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

22. observer says:

Price finally gets himself a shutout – a well deserved one – and all discussion here is about sexist ice sweepers.

23. lefreak says:

Jim Peplinski…think about it.

24. Mattyleg says:

Uhh… the question is about whether to put girls that look like her on the ice or not.

And that was a terribly nice comment about MB. Not petty and small-minded at all.

But it’s nice to know that people are always on the lookout to be personally offended. Well done.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

Chuck, you would need to hire someone for crowd control if you hired me at your restaurant!…..» Read Ian Cobb’s HI/O Blog

26. fbkj says:

i havent been in the molson zone in years but last time i was there they had girls whose jobs were essentially cheerleaders, without the pom pom’s… does that still go on… i cant see the section from my seats…

I’m wearing my speedo to the SUMMIT for the table dance that Boone won last year.!

28. Bugs says:

Ice boys???

Ice BOYS, Boonie?

To avoid sexism, we need ice boys??? You mean, for the ladies in the stands who don’t dig on the chiseled 6′ft-2, 200lb, super-athletes makin millions playing the game, they wanna see ice BOYS scoopin up snow-grit?

I dunno about that.

When I heard about this “cheerleaders” business, I thought we were talkin about girls in the STANDS, goin around with pom-poms yelling “rah-rah, siskum-ba, y’all!”. And we’re supposed to be goin “Oooohh, CHEER for the Habs, I see. I didn’t know how to cheer properly in Montreal, thank you. Yes, properly-paid missy who couldn’t name half the guys on this roster, let alone the other team, please instruct me on how and when to cheer correctly, while I sit here with my face smeared in bleu-blanc-rouge. Thank you very, very much.”

Uh, yeah, that woulda been a big “no” for me.

Now, anonymous human beings scooping up snow-grit? Standing scantiliy-clad young ladies in their place?

I suppose I could live with that.

But ice BOYS? Basically the guys doin the job before but with no clothes on? While the millionaire uber-mensch are chillin in the dressing-room?

Who needs to see that?

Honestly, Boonie, why you gotta make a travesty outta everything?

Decadently yours, I recline as

I’ll give you that one my friend. They just have not translated the news into French yet, That Smoking Kills and it is anti social. It is only for dirty smelly people, they just don’t know it.

30. fbkj says:

most girls i know prefer going to wanda’s over 281 so i doubt that

Good Line Brad!…My blog or Summit page

32. habsguy says:

we don’t need ice girls (although it would be awesome),  if we do, then women would want equal time and have ice boys,  do we really want to see a bunch of brian boitano’s skating around in speedo’s !!!!!!!!

Phoenix is next boys and girls, and I don’t know if they are as good as last year or not.

But if they are, we are going to have a nice test after the practice against Ottawa last night. So who has seen Phoenix play this year?? Will Carey get a good test?

34. LA Loyalist says:

we’ve got enough ice boys on the ice.

35. stephen says:

Well said, Mr. Ian!

It isn’t enough that every between-whistle second is filled with skull-crushing music? It’s as though they do everything they can to make us forget we’re at a hockey game. Here’s an idea for the next time you’re at a game and you find yourself having to think for yourself during a commercial break: talk to the person next to you.

Just sayin’…

36. Keith says:

I know Ian, so true. When I was there for the 2008 Summit I saw alot of very beautiful women in Montreal, but the thing that dismayed me the most was that most of them were smoking cigarettes. It seems like the women in Montreal start smoking as soon as they leave the womb lol!

37. saskhabfan says:

Gotta give credit where its due,or so they say. The math is pretty easy. Goals + defensive support = win. Another great morning on HIO celebrating a great team victory and not have the listen to the whiners who only show up after a loss.

38. rocketsglare says:

Ice Girls, hell yes!

I live with the hottest chick anyway, so all the rest are just nice hens my friend.!

You don’t have to look very far when in Mtl. my friend. Nicest looking dressed ladies in N.A., unless they are Hab fans from elsewhere.

41. fbkj says:

ian im sorry but id rather see hot chicks then the current crop of middle aged men in clorox jumpsuits lol

42. Keith says:

I don’t know Ian,

If they could find girls like her to put on the Bell Centre ice, then I would be all for it. I mean, look at her. She is pretty HOT don’t you think?

Brockville, Right??

Ottawa, got it, thanks Dan!

44. notbigbird says:

Lots of commenters with their buns tied in knots over ice boys and girls. Some people must be a barrel of laughs to live with.

45. fbkj says:

appreciating hot chicks does not make one sexist

are you that politically correct?

46. larisalapointe says:

Ice boys: the frozen beef in my freezer. Not very appealing unless cooked!

47. JF says:

When Plekanec first came up, the RDS guys said they asked him, and he said “ets.”

48. noelsroyce says:

*I* wasn’t the one stating in my HIO post that I was trying to avoid sexism. I was the one reading that column, posted by Boone, that stated HE was trying to be fair to both sexes. However, the picture did not include both Ice Girls and Ice Guys. So he did not follow through. Therefore, the sentence about wishing to please both sexes was just meaningless.

~Erin

Ice Girls!!! are you nuts, this is Montreal!! there are ice girls on every sidewalk from one end of town to the other.!!

Someone has spent to much time in Toronto!

50. Scott in Montreal says:

Are you kidding? Ice girls and Ice boys? This is Montreal and the focus should remain on the players and the game. We need fewer gimmicks here; not more. And yes, it is sexist and demeaning.

51. Bill J says:

I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

Not classy to post such visually un-appealing thoughts this early in the morning.

Ice Girls > Youpi!

2010 HIO Fan Summit is not far away now folks! Check the Summit page and leave your comments.

Make sure you are aware of this years itinerary and locations.

Everyone is welcome to join us at Hurleys Pub, Satuday morning breakfast, Hall of Fame tour, the pre game dinner and don’t forget to bring something along to the Gainey Foundation Raffle.

53. notbigbird says:

Gallagher is a fiesty little fella.

How about Gomez + Gionta for KovyII? Can I dream? (Not that I’m anti Gomer like many, but still …)

Help me! Is it officially “Plekaneck” or “Plekanets.” Telecasts don’t seem to agree.

54. noelsroyce says:

Mr. Boone,

If you truly wanted to avoid the sexism comments, you would’ve posted a picture of an Ice Guy (boy is too juvenile). I’m guessing you don’t truly wish there were Ice Guys. Nice try though. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that a middle aged man like yourself is sexist.

~Erin

55. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Boone, ice girls? Stick Youppi in a bikini and give him skates. It would be classier.

56. adam76 says:

So – I take it the whole myth that 51% of this site is female has been debunked?

57. Danno says:

JM would like Boone’s split squad idea. He could add it to his motivational toolbox by making the under-performing Habs who are just sitting his doghouse do something useful — in the same skimpy outfits
    of course.

It
    would be a more powerful motivator than a bag skate threat and keep everyone on their toes.

Who has photoshop?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

58. SPATS says:

Mr Boone, while we’d all love to see the ice honeys, do you really think the bell center blue collars and I.A.T.S.E.boys would consider relinquishing their $30+ hr jobs? C’mon get serious, there’d be blood on the ice…  dare I say maybe yours for suggesting this ;-) To be clear, I fully agree with you that this is an idea who’s time has come. Put the neanderthal blue collars on their pensions…

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

59. Puck Bard says:

What? Habs don’t have ice girls? We’ve had Ice girls and boys down here for something like 5 years!

60. habsguy says:

now thats a sight I’d like to see !!!!!!!!…now I wish I could have made the summit…take pictures everyone!!!!

61. joeybarrie says:

WAIT WAIT WAIT…………

What am I reading????????

Ian, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??????

Since when can there possibly be TOO MANY scantily clad girls running around????

You are correct, there are plenty around the city to look at. This is exactly why we SHOULD be putting them on the ice and focusing on them…

I live in Wash DC. I hear all the time about how companies like Hooters adds to the negative societal ideology towards women. Well I try to tell people about this wonderful city called MONTREAL. Where the girls who want to wear MORE CLOTHES and don’t feel so comfortable in skimpy uniforms work at HOOTERS. Because at Hooters the uniforms show more clothes than other places……..

Thats Montreal… So I cannot understand for the life of me why we don’t have ice girls…

ALSO…. YES TO ICE GUYS…. something for the whole family.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

62. habsguy says:

okay then…Bring em on!!!!!

63. madcap_habsfan says:

there is not a thing wrong with appreciating a hot girl at all, oggling her while she’s in a skimpy outfit solely to pump up the crowd, because you know hockey fans in this city need help with that, that is disgusting..you want to oggle hot girls we have tons of places in this city were that can be done, a hockey game should not be one of them

-”People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” Chuck Palahniuk

64. madcap_habsfan says:

ice girls are essentially cheerleaders and the sport of hockey really doesn’t need them,regardless of what some teams  do

65. ZepFan2 says:

Why are you so bias towards balding men?

————————————————————————

“Analyst: And I will say things you already know, five seconds after you yell them at your television.”

66. habsguy says:

Ummm,  maybe for you..not me though!!!!

67. Radio Free Timo 2 says:

I was thinking more like Devo or the Residents.

68. Radio Free Timo 2 says:

Sure. Create another martyr why don’t you. Radio Free Bugs is waiting in the wings.

69. SLONCOLD says:

think of it this way montreal and new jersey sucking it up…. but with ice girls, not so bad lol

70. SeriousFan09 says:

I think more teams are getting ice girls in order to distract Craig Anderson when he is in town.

71. alestar says:

Having attended a game in Chicago just this past Wednesday I have to admit, the time has come for Ice Girls in Montreal!

They also have a great pre-game montage to get the crowd pumped up, well done.

XXIV…and counting

72. SLONCOLD says:

observation from last night.

- ottawa looked horrible. best chance to score was in the second period and their they couldn’t lift the puck and juts banked it off price’s pads twice down low. elliott played well but unless the get their bigs guns healthy and really good goal tending it might be a long season for the sens.

- montreal played a “meh” game scored when they had their chances, nice to see pouliot score the goal, as other have mentioned hope it sparks him up. gomez, hey gomez!!! you there? gomez i know your cheque cleared, why not show the fans you’re playing?

- carey got a shut out. very happy for him. that being said i still have concerns with his play. looked lost on a few plays, turned over the puck twice while playing it and i think like 4 shots of the post in the evening. My concerns is against higher caliber teams these shots might find their way in. Would love to see carey stand up and challenge the shot a lil more. Overall though carey is doing well, i jus hope he continues to work hard and that the team infront of him keeps it up.

- kovalchuk benched? whaaaaattttttt? that makes no sense

73. ManApart says:

Just saw the Blues – Pens highlights from last night. Halak is just sick. Best goalie in the world. 4-1-1,   1.81 GAA, .930 sA% for a team that hasn’t made the playoffs in 6 years, against very tough competition. Davidson robbed Gauthier on that deal hands down. I believe this deal will go down as an epic victory for the Blues franchise and one of shame and sorrow for the Habs organization. It’s just as disgusting as we all thought it would be. Well the smart ones anyway. Gauthier is the next Houle. At least the Habs and Price are doing OK. If that changes, we will have Guthier’s head.

74. Matt_in_TO says:

*sigh*

- In Price We Trust

75. ManApart says:

exactly my feeling when I think about it

76. habsguy says:

yup,  you are right…..and I miss Chelios,  Leclair and Roy!!!!!

77. Storm Man says:

Genius, I hope you did not tax your puny brain too much thinking that one up. BTW I’d fire whomever writes your material for you. They suck”

Look dude. I loved Halak, while he was a Hab, but he is not the best goalie in the world. Get over it.

79. SeriousFan09 says:

St. Louis actually did make the playoffs in 08-09, much like CLB they were surprise stories for that season to make it (Lost pretty badly, but made it) and both ran into coaching drama the next season. St. Louis has some pretty solid talent thanks to some low picks including 1st overall from 2006, 4th overall from 2008 to add Erik Johnson and Alex Pietreangelo to their roster.

Best goalie in the world? Ryan Miller and Ilya Bryzgalov would like a word with you on that one.

80. Chuck says:

My guess is that “ManApart” is really Boone trying to mix things up a little to increase the number of posts on a Sunday afternoon.  :)

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

81. Storm Man says:

One of my best friends works for CSIS he could get to the bottom of things :).

82. mike g says:

St-Louis was one of the most solid future franchises way before Halak was traded there…

That team and their system is stacked with young players that you wouldn’t know about, simply because you think Halak is the best goalie on the planet.

Halak didn’t go there and make their rookies better, they were already a solid built team.

And if you think the Penguins are very tough competition, you gotta please start watching other teams apart from the Habs. Stop simply watching highlights of other games. Instead, sit down and watch the full 60 minutes before you ealuate a team.

The Penguins franchise is in a ton of trouble, something you wouldn’t know.

The way you sound right now, Simple Jack would rape you in an IQ test.

So to resume, take your poster of Halak off of your bedroom wall and wipe the white crust off of it too….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

83. scrowe21 says:

Im liking Gallagher more everyday

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

84. Bill H says:

Three key players upon whom our success depends this season – Pouliot, AK46, Price.   All three did well last night.  I’m hoping this is the start of things to come.

85. PrimeTime says:

Yawn….so what’s new, little Man?? How’s you bud Xtrahabsfan today??

86. SeriousFan09 says:

Reminder, CBC.ca is streaming the Hamilton Bulldogs match at 1:00 PM, for those of you who like to keep an eye on the farm. I would have attended, but I remembered I’m off to the Summit in 2 weeks and need to conserve funds.

87. ZepFan2 says:

“The way you sound right now, Simple Jack would rape you in an IQ test.”

LMFAO

That’s gold, Mikey! Gold!

————————————————————————

88. Jbird says:

Agreed – I’m so clueless that I never realized I can get on the skytrain and go see this guy any night.  Mental note to do this this week!

89. vingenz says:

I agree that the games at the bell centre are getting over commercialized, and the loud music has got to go.

Is there a way of petitioning to bring back diane bibaud, former organist??

Now there’s an idea who’s time has come… back!

90. scrowe21 says:

Watching it now, pretty stoked. I wish I could watch em all

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

91. rocketsglare says:

Ice Girls crass commercialism, are you kidding me. Look all around every rink, including our own, and

tell me if their is not enough commercialism posted to make you sick. There on the boards, on the ice,

on the jumbo screen, and now the latest gimmick is how Bell Cente fans can vote for the 3 stars of the

game. So give me a break about how crass or cheap having the Ice Girls could be when commercialism

of all stipe is rampant in the NHL. BTW, is called marketing and it’s how the NHL and other pro sports

sell or make their products watchable/enjoyable.

92. adam76 says:

Wow – they must have comped what, 10,000 tickets to todays game?

93. Bugs says:

Well, I finally done it.

Bet against the Cowboys in my Prédictions. First time in my life bettin against my team. Maybe I shouldna, but…

Aw, I dunno.

This is what gambling has done to the game. Didn’t y’all see “The Last Boy Scout”, fer cryin out loud? Years ahead of its time. Yeeeaaars. “You know why we got an injury-report? It’s so the bookies can make the spreads, man!”

Decadently yours, I recline as

The game’s on the tube too.

95. ZepFan2 says:

Note to Bulldogs organization: No more Valiums in the anthem singers beverage from now on.

————————————————————————

96. Jbird says:

Bulldogs PP best in the league at 33%.

97. Storm Man says:

Cowboys will win that game now.

98. Dintrox says:

Nice goal!

December 4, 2009 – Elmer Lach’s jersey took its rightful place with the Rocket’s in the rafters.

99. Danno says:

Wee Dee Dee!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

100. rocketsglare says:

Hey Bugs, there is still hope that the Boys can make the playoffs. The NFC East is weak and if the Boys

can string several wins together then anything is possible. They have way to much talent to not be com-

petitive and if they can play with any discipline, then I say the Boys make the playoffs. So hang in there.

101. Storm Man says:

Cats are not playing today….. Most people in steeltown don’t understand NFL so what else could they do on a Sunday.

102. Psycho29 says:

Love the new avatar Tony…

103. nightmare_49 says:

Glen Metropolit
    Zug

Metropolit has 15 points in 15 games for second place Zug of the Swiss National League A.

104. saskhabfan says:

As pe rcjad,halak demanded to be traded last christmas. Also,according to cjad he told habs management he wouldn’t be giving a hometown discount. As per cjad,gauthier was informed before the end of the season what halak would be looking for in a new contract. Please give us a source that says halak would have taken the same contract in montreal considering he just demanded a trade? Oh,you can’t,big surprise. Manapart is once again manajoke and has his ass shown to him yet again by a far superior and much more intelligent poster. You know even less about hockey then we all thought you did.

105. Bill H says:

I am delighted that Brendan Gallagher is having an outstanding season. I wish him a long and  successful career with the Canadiens.

He currently has 15GP   15G   11A   26Pts  +13  with the Vancouver Giants of the WHL.

The last 2 seasons he has done well:

08 – 09  52GP   10G   21A   31Pts    +26

09 – 10   72GP   41G    40A   81Pts  +9

But let’s not forget that he is 5’8″ 163 pounds. There is always a chance he will be the next Theron Fluery or Martin St. Louis, but at that size, he’s a long shot to make the NHL, in spite of great numbers in Junior Hockey.  He doesn’t even crack the top 19 Habs prospects with Hockey’s Future.

The most likely scenerio – in 6 years he will be 24 and in the same position as David Desharnais is now.  Desharnais had a great career with Chicoutimi in the Q, and is now in his 4th season with the Bulldogs.  All kinds of talent, but can’t crack the line up here in Montreal because he is just too small.

I wonder if the Pocket Rocket could have made it in today’s NHL.  In his playing days, he was 5’7″ 160 lbs.  He played 20 seasons and won a record 11 Stanley Cups.

106. j2w4habs25 says:

I am gonna booo the Ice Girls – I totally dont think we need them in Montreal.

107. fbkj says:

to be fair hes still really emotional about losing halak as we all should be, but, i get why its easy to go for the jugular considering how into himself he is

108. Da Hema says:

The key is to play with discipline, and I would not expect that from a Phillips-coached team. The Cowboys have not had a good coach since Jimmy Johnson. The others have been either a string of Jerry Jones sycophants, or, in the case of Bill Parcells, a disinterested coach whose sole intention was to move into administration. Jimmy Johnson would never have tolerated players losing games the Cowboys have this year.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

109. SeriousFan09 says:

Gallagher’s succeeding in a much more competitive league though compared to Desharnais, WHL is well ahead of the QMJHL and is regarded as the most physically punishing junior league around, Gallagher’s surviving there and thriving. I have higher expectations for him because of where he’s playing. He also has 3 inches on Desharnais and I think talk was he gained an inch since his draft day. What holds Desharnais back is not having a top gear like Gionta and he seems to lack that exceptional natural strength that allows other small players to make it in the NHL.

HF’s also just added him onto the “others” list because he was just drafted as a 5th-rounder, he makes the WJC team and does something, later evaluations give him a bump.

110. Xtrahabsfan says:

So,where you alarmed as I on how soft our Habs are! Mugged at will by average sized Sens who wouldn’t try that on any other team… I hate it when my team can’t stand up for themselves and this again will ram us in the butt.Where is the combined team self defense? Hal Gill ….that’s it …well not good enough! That from behind check throwing Halpern into Price could of ended badly” Auld for the rest of the year,lol” and no retaliation from a Hab…or whatabout  Fisher mugging Georges on the side of the net….or Neil’s elbow to Lappy’s head….not to mention the end of game spit on the C.H. crest. Do any of you see this pattern again?Or should we change the uniform to more of a dress style  which might work cause there are tougher and more team Hockey players on the Canadian woman’s national team for sure!

Who are the protectors on the Habs anyway ? O’Bryne”benched”,Moen,Gill and Lappy? Our Habs team will be in the infirmary most of the season,mark my words ,I mean all you have to do is  give Kostitsin a head shot ,take out  Markov’s knee again,CORAL THE SMURFS IN A PEN,beat up our smaller Dmen, chase out our older players till they tucker,crash the net using our own players  or just fight us straight up and beat us UP! I DON’T REMEMBER ONE SUCCESSFUL HABS”cup winners” TEAM IN THE PAST being so wimpy and IMO ,Martin ,Gauthier and the Molson’s have blown it AGAIN ! How are you supposed too implement a system  when your being chased from the arena? In High School I used to beat up the bullies and guess what…in no time at all we HAD NO BULLIES!

111. Captain aHab says:

Watching the Bulldogs game and I’m thinking that if that’s all the passion fans have down there, why bother putting an NHL franchise there? It’s like the crowd is in a coma. I guess watching the Laffs for decades does it to ya…

112. HabsTrueBlue says:

Boo the Ice Girls. Gotta disagree! However I’m going to barf when I see the Ice Boys. We definitely do not need those in Montreal.

113. Captain aHab says:

That was her big moment…she was gonna stretch it as much as she could.

114. SeriousFan09 says:

AHL isn’t much of a draw in Canada, everyone’s either invested in junior hockey or the NHL but there isn’t much of a following for the A.

115. HabsTrueBlue says:

If the Pocket Rocket was young enough to be in today’s NHL he wouldn’t be 5’7″ and 160 lbs.

116. scrowe21 says:

Schultz injured or healthy scratch?

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

117. SmartDog says:

10 RANDOM CRAZY-ASS THOUGHTS:

I bet you agree with at least 7!

1. Let me start by saying Price was (and has been) OUTSTANDING.  But if I am Martin, I PLAY AULD NEXT GAME. Price has played 7 straight games; let him sit and bask in the glory of his shutout while resting mentally for one game.

2. Ottawa has become a team of goons and has-beens.  That said, WE SHOULD TRADE FOR ONE OF OTTAWA’S GOODNS because we NEED ONE.

3. YES, MONTREAL NEEDS ICE GIRLS! Might even make those ice-level tickets worth the price….  We have the hottest women in the league, let’s show em off!  I’m sure Chez Paris would sponsor!  But I bet there won’t be a free buffet. :(

4. HAMRLIK LOOKS LIKE SH!T.  And couldn’t hit the net to save his life.  Send him down for conditioning.  SERIOUSLY. While GORGES is better than last year. Better on the PP, better on D.

5. I am starting to believe in POULIOT.

6. But ELLER needs time in Hamilton.

7. PK SUBBAN is showing that he’s the REAL THING. With guys like
    Subban, Camalleri, Pleks and Gorges are showing the rest of the team how
    the game is played the TEAM CULTURE IS BECOMING STRONGER.

8. OUR 2nd LINE NEEDS TO LOOK AT TAPES. If you look at how our three
    goals were scored – key players drawing traffic, driving TOWARD THE NET,
    strong individual efforts in traffic, with a 2nd player cashing in on
    the space created, or on the rebound. Now think of Gomez’s only goal
    this season – streaking toward the net… Gio’s only goal, a
    break-away.  Driving to the net WORKS. So what’s wrong with all this peripheral play by the GG
    line?  Duh-uh… it doesn’t freaking work.

9. Speaking of which, Pyatt WILL NOT STAY on the GG line.  I see the
    (suggested) fit:
    he plays a quick , reactive game. But like Gomez (especially) and
    Gionta, he is small and easy to defend against. The smurf line didn’t
    really work on the 90′s and it won’t work
    now.  That line will continue to suck until it gets a big tough player
    in there to fight through traffic.

10. BROTHER ANDREI. I posted this before but he LOOKS better.  I mean his FACE looks better.  He looks rested, healthy, NORMAL.  He used to always look exhausted.  Anyone else seeing this???   And of course it’s showing on the ice.

SD

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

118. ZepFan2 says:

“Mugged at will by average sized Sens who wouldn’t try that on any other team…”

Yeah, they’d never try that with another team…

Stupid mook.

————————————————————————

119. JIMVINNY says:

Ex-bulldog makes them pay.  But it was tipped, I think.

120. Chuck says:

Darn it. Tipped. ‘Dogs now down by one.

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

121. ManApart says:

You must be pretty young and not very educated, because you never add anything to a conversation. Just ignorance. Talking hockey with you is useless. You just try to insult while not knowing anything about which you speak. Very boring actually. There was never any talk with Gauthier since the last game of the playoffs with Halak, so your whole post is pointless, as everything you write. Juvenile.

122. Storm Man says:

Xtra, What website did you steal that from? And to think out of over 100,000 sperm you were number 1….. Priceless.

123. kempie says:

I agree with 6/10

124. SmartDog says:

Yes, Gallagher’s stats are not to be ignored because of his size.

I think the kid will make it to the NHL in style.  Future top 6 forward.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

125. CharlieHodgeFan says:

If they bring ice girls, then to be fair, the ice boys should have exactly the same costume. And to keep us from having an unfair Montreal advantage, they should all be Belorusian, groomed by the K bros’ barber.

That would fill the Bell Centre!

Now wait, it’s already filled. So screw it. Let’s stay slightly dignified instead.

126. ZepFan2 says:

If that was her big moment, I feel bad for her.

I’ve seen statues with more energy. lol

————————————————————————

127. CharlieHodgeFan says:

Auld will have to be used someday. This looks like a good week for it, given that the defence is playing decently and the opposition is not terrifying.

In my dream world, Gallagher and Leblanc would eventually replace Gomez and Gionta.  The timing for it all works out perfectly from both perspectives (3 to 4 years).  Reality states that Kristo will have the better chance.

129. Chuck says:

I’d be hugely surprised if he doesn’t play Friday against the Islanders. Hab’s play three games in four night, so I’d put Auld in for the road game.

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

The Sens are classless and crass. They sound like your kind of team.

131. Xtrahabsfan says:

I) Play Price we have bo back-up!

2)Are you for real…One goon ain’t gonna do sheit when you have a collection of no fighters (or Kostopulises).This years Habs are the toughest ringette team ever1

3)Too sexiest…unless you don’t mind your Lil girl looking like someone who regularly services the Team!

4) When has it been a Mark of a great D’man when you don’t have a shot from the blue line.George ,Gill…hell all of the D except Subbian and he’s the rookie…

5) He’ back!

6)should of got 3 Ellers for Halak!

7)Boy’s got swagger…

132. HFX-HabFan says:

And to think you came so close to coming up with a huge post that didn’t mention Gomez (in a negative way).

133. TripleX says:

You seem to have an abnormally strong reaction to anything positive related to Halak.  Any team with Crosby and Malkin are still a force to be reckoned with, and a OT shutout win is no small feat.

Halak reached the level of a folk hero because of his performance in the playoffs.  It is only normal that some fans will continue to follow his progress.  If you find this irritating I am sorry, but it is hardly a purposeful attempt to piss certain individuals off.

I still follow Koivu’s progress as well, and will continue to do so till he retires.  It is not disloyal or inflammatory to want to follow players we have grown to appreciate, even when they switch teams.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

134. SmartDog says:

And to think I put effort into that post and ALL SOME PEOPLE can see is that there is SOME reference to the Gomez line not performing.

Three points in seven games from the highest paid forward on the team and I’m supposed to go out of my way to NOT talk about his line’s poor performance?   I’m not the one with a kooky bias here, you are.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

True that, Bill. The second key will be the ability of the three older Dmen to stay healthy and not breakdown from wear and tear as the season moves along (don’t trade O’Byrne, G&G!).

136. Bugs says:

1) For the very reasons you list, the Kid has to keep playin. We’re winnin. Don’t change the mojo.

2) Meh.

3) Too much tradition in this City to succomb to marketing gimmicks we don’t need, but whatever.

4) The Hamr’ll come around. He always has.

5) Starting? Pff, infidels, the lot o’yehs.

6) Can’t send Eller to Hamilton or we lose face. Can’t lose face.

7) For all of us who are already on record for pronouncing the words “Bobby Orr”, we haven’t been proved wrong yet, y’all!

8) Tapes? Ok, whatever. I think they just need to pot one or two and then they’ll be back in business.

9) Way to go out on a limb there, mate.

10) Good point.

Decadently yours, I recline as

137. Captain aHab says:

It’s actually “Chez Paré”.

138. SmartDog says:

No, this team wouldn’t EVER STOOP to an over-indulgence in marketing gimmickry now would it?  Would you bet the team’s -cough- 100 year history -cough- on that?  Same goes for Eller.  Who cares about face?  I want to win hockey games.  We’ll win in the long run if this kid gets a bit more seasoning.

…and 5 will get you 10 that it takes something bigger than a bit of patience to get the GG line going.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

139. SmartDog says:

Thanks. I couldn’t see the tatoo above her thpng clearly. It was dark. :)

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

140. fbkj says:

your reality is very selective, you praise the resigning of pleks but still bitch and kvetch about trading halak

had we not traded halak, we probably wouldnt have signed pleks

the stanley cup winning goalie, who was in the same situation halak was in, walked and chicago received nothing in return

i was a fan of halak but im cognitively aware enough to actually look at the big picture

141. j2w4habs25 says:

Ice Girls in Montreal?? ahaha thats a Toronto thing – not a Montreal thing.

Let the Habbitants throw them to the wolves, dont think Montrealers will ever allow them in nor the French people.

142. ManApart says:

Don’t tell me you are one of those guys who buy that ridiculous notion. They signed Price for 1 million less than Halak and retained Pleks. So they could have just as easily kept Halak and Pleks also. Silly to believe otherwise.

And I don’t care about Chicago and Niemi, who is nothing compared to Halak anyways. Gauthier and Gainey are a joke and history will confirm that. That’s the big picture. To infer that trading Halak for what we got, in anyway is good for the big picture, is laughable. But keep those rose coloured’s on, at least you’ll be satisfied with bad management, instead of disillusioned like most of us.

143. fbkj says:

you are crunching the numbers in hindsight, without taking timeline into consideration, no offence, but thats lazy and dishonest…

when was halak traded?

when was pleks signed?

i understand that if you apply some effort and actually look at what happened, when it happened, it will lead you to an answer that is not copacetic with your comfort zone, but thats not my problem… so go ahead and howl at the moon that you have all the right answers and that nobody has anything on you in your ivory tower though, no skin off my nuts…

also what do you mean “most of us”?

144. Chuck says:

Y’know, that would be pretty cool. And as much as I like the Bell Centre scoreboard, for that game they could use it just for the video feed, replays, and score/penalties; no videos, ads, kiss-cams, or that kind of thing.

1980′s prices on the concessions couldn’t hurt, either.  :)

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

145. OverseasFan says:

I don’t care if this makes me sound like an old fogey, but I loved that stupid organ. Retro night sounds awesome.

146. Scott in Montreal says:

I am so with you on this. Less is more.

147. Danno says:

I wonder…

It would be nice if the Bell Centre would buck the treand of commercialising every single aspect of the game.

Take away the loud music. Replace it with that delightfully cheezy organ. Paint the boards so they’re pure white again. Bring back that guy with the banged-up trumpet – And the old time chants like “Oooh Ahhh Habs on the warpath.”

Try it just for one game and call it retro-night or whatever. Have it sponsored (discretely) by some company with deep pockets if you must (Molsons?). We don’t need our players skating out of giant shark heads, or stunts of that kind, like some other franchises do.

A class organization doessn’t have to do everything for the allmighty dollar.It’s called dignity and respect for the game. Something that’s been for sale to the highest bidder in Bettman’s world.

I guess I’m dreaming, but I just feel a bit nostalgic about a time when hockey seemed more real.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

148. Chuck says:

I hate to say it, but if the “crowds” in Hamilton are any indication, the CBC could possibly draw more viewers by airing that old Indian head test-pattern.

That said… I’ll be watching.

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

149. Storm Man says:

Do the Bulldogs have ice girls? My man day is getting better, NFL and now the Dogs. :)

Thanks, I am going to watch it on this rainy day. Go Dogs Go

151. secretdragonfly says:

Sorry to change the subject from the bodacious icegirls but for anyone interested in watching, oh I don’t know…… hockey – CBC is showing the Oklahoma City Barons – Hamilton Bulldogs game at 1pm.

152. Danno says:

Thanks Chuck. I read your article on NHL Scheduling. You put a lot of thought into it and it makes sense.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

153. SeriousFan09 says:

And…saved to my Blog Roll, nice work Chuck, I like this concept.

154. Chuck says:

Thanks for the kind words, Robert. And of course, because I think it’s a good idea there isn’t a hope in hell that the NHL would ever adopt it.  :)

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

155. Chuck says:

Could you imagine a scenario where the Habs and Bruins were tied going into the last series of the season? It would make for some great atmosphere!

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

156. HugeHabsFan says:

Seeing that I love to look at Cammy, I’ll agree with that, lol.  I really don’t think ice girls are part of hockey (at least in “real” hockey cities), but we have to admit, we get to enjoy the hot players, so why not a little eye candy for the boys? ;o)

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Cammalleri: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien”.

157. Vid says:

I’d improve the awful food at the Bell Center first before spending money on Ice Girls…

158. JIMVINNY says:

What the Dogs coach was thinking putting a forward at D in OT is beyond me.  Especially someone as small as Wee DD.

159. SeriousFan09 says:

I was thinkin’ that, he was spinning like a top on that winning goal.

160. Kaptain K says:

Amen. I get it for free when I volunteer there, and being free still doesnt make it taste any better…

Captain Gionta

161. JIMVINNY says:

Getting some tape together for next season’s dancing with the stars.

162. JIMVINNY says:

Is anyone else shocked that we have the best PK in the league?  I figured it’d be up there in the top 5, but this early in the season, there’s still usually a team that hasn’t allowed a PP goal.

163. avatar_58 says:

Coaching error cost them the game really.

164. Kaptain K says:

bla bla bla.. Ice girls are not a part of hockey.. bla bla bla… who cares?

Ice Girls are hot!

The men get to look at Ice girls, ladies get Mike Camalleri…. it will finally be fair!

Pointe FINALE!

165. Jordio-oh says:

Best penalty kill in the league and worst power play in the league.

166. Willy the bum says:

We should steal the Coyotes’ Ice Girls since the Habs are playing against Phoenix tomorrow night. Why not.

167. Danno says:

Each and every one of them was hired for their superior shoveling skills. Honest.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

168. Willy the bum says:

I’m guessing those Ice Girls are part of the reason the Hawks win the Cup last year.

169. Mr. Biter says:

Ice Girls! Excellent idea. Which look better the girls from Chicago (and Dallas) or the dolts in Ottawa wearing helmet & Visors in case they fall?

170. Storm Man says:

Savage only played good in October. AK46 is playing for a contract.

171. since1988 says:

love brian savage

172. SeriousFan09 says:

AK’s production was usually beyond stingy to start the season, his kicking it off early is one of the most positive signs one could ask for.

173. adam76 says:

Can;t disagree – thing is Savage always looked like a “new” player for about 40 days as well.

Having ak46 and Pouliot score – is a huge step in the right direction.

I’am bringing Andree, 123456

175. 123456 says:

ian, will there be ice girls at the summit? if so then i need a ticket!!

176. madcap_habsfan says:

I agree with you but it’s only a matter of time before it happens i sadly think. Most teams in the states have them and now the Oilers have got them, well ,will have them. I loved that hockey was the one sport that didnt have “cheerleaders” and the day the Montreal Canadiens get them will be a terrible day indeed

177. Chuck says:

Ice Girls? Pass.

If you need scantily-clad women as the focus of attention during stoppages in play to put paying asses in the seats, instead of the, you know… GAME… then your franchise is in big trouble.

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

How did the Habs ever let Shawn Belle get away.

179. SeriousFan09 says:

Sarcasm or you mean that?

He was drafted in 2003 and he couldn’t even crack the EDM Oilers blueline this season, there’s a reason for you. All the physical tools in the world but he doesn’t have the Hockey sense for the NHL. He just reacts too slowly, too often. It’s like saying we should’ve signed Alex Giroux to solve our scoring issues, some people don’t have that NHL-level reaction ability despite having everything else.

180. JIMVINNY says:

What a terrible call on Weber there.  The pussy dropped his stick, and asked for a penalty.  The retarded ref obliged.

181. Da Hema says:

As much as the Chicago ice girl is a physical goddess, the Montreal Canadiens are not the Chicago Blackhawks. I would like to believe this organisation has more class than to descend to the lowest common denominator. Only marketers could think this worn-out idea is “original” and “creative.”

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

182. Chuck says:

Instead of Ice Girls, make them usherettes.

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

183. rocketsglare says:

Maybe they should aspire to become like the Blackhawks.

184. Da Hema says:

You mean, go 50 years between Stanley Cups? Not much to which to aspire.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

I suggested it but was vehemently opposed. The Habs don’t tank.

186. rocketsglare says:

You know what I meant.

187. Da Hema says:

No, I don’t know what you meant. You claimed the Habs should aspire to the Blackhawks. My question was, in what ways? That the Blackhawks had to wait 50 years to win a championship? That the Blackhawks had to descend to the very depths of the league to finally secure a talent base? That the Blackhawks lost many of the key players of its championship run for nothing because of questionable cap management? That the team has to resort to brainless marketing schemes such as placing scantily-clad young women on the ice in order to distract the male fanbase from the crap players it had on the ice for so many years?

Sorry, I don’t see much to emulate.

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

188. rocketsglare says:

And with all that they are the Stanley Cup Champions. On the other hand, the Canadiens who supposedly are

far classier and better than the Blackhawks from your perspective are stll waiting to win another Cup after 17

years and we are still waiting. The Canadiens have their own problems and unfortunately like the Blackhawks

it will take time to ice a team truly capable of challenging every year for the Cup. At least I am willing to give

the Blackhawks and their “marketing schemes” their due.

189. Da Hema says:

The Habs are “supposedly” classier? Let’s subject that claim to critical scrutiny.

As much as I disliked all the pre-game ceremonies the Habs did over the past five years, no team does them with the style of the Canadiens. The Blackhawks marketing department would probably celebrate its organisation by holding a kegger–and, much like its ice girls, would be applauded by some for its “ingenuity.” Moreover, what organisation would not just tolerate, but embrace, a player like Guy Lafleur who has been anything but an ambassador to this team? One should admire the Canadiens for showing such patience and loyalty. And generally how many other organisations treat their players with such respect and courtesy, even the miserable ones like Mike Riberio and Alex Kovalev, as do the Canadiens?

Sorry, but there is something called “class,” and the Canadiens do possess the quality–not just “supposedly.”

————————

Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective in things, doesn’t it?

David St. Hubbins: Oh, too much. Too much fu*king perspective.

–This is Spinal Tap

You knew I was being sarcastic but couldn’t resist posting some stats and other SF09 prospect talk chitter-chatter.

191. SeriousFan09 says:

Brendon Nash had 2 goals per season in his 4 years of NCAA Hockey at Cornell with 120 GP.

He just tied that in his first 6 pro games, good for him.

192. scrowe21 says:

I thought he looked good in the pre season too.

any idea whats up with Schultz? injured or scratch?

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

193. scrowe21 says:

My god referees are SO dumb its unreal.. they really do their best to try to ruin every single game with crap calls.

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

So whats the dilly with Brendon Nash? He’s not listed as a Hab prospect on HF nor is he listed as drafted at hockeydb. Do the Habs own his rights?

195. SeriousFan09 says:

Signed as a college free agent last spring on a two-year, 2-way deal.

196. smiler2729 says:

Ice girls, why not? If you’re going to allow all that loud music between stoppages in play…

NJ. John MacLean just got himself soon-to-be-fired.

197. sholi2000.com says:

Yep, great call benching your second best player.  Hope loss was worth it!

They Call Me Shane

198. nightmare_49 says:

It’s very early in the season but here are the plus/minus leaders at +9 … Stephhane Robidas, Brad Richards, Loui Eriksson and Steve Montador.

While at the bottom at -8 you find …  Joe Thornton, Simon Gagne, Tyler Myers and Milan Hedduk.

Faceoff leader at 67.1% is Jared Smithson (Jeff Halpern 60.2%) and the worst is Eric Staal at 34.1%.

Chuck – If I could change one thing at NHL games it would be the needless 20 second blaring rock fillers.  Bring back the house organ or maybe even allow people a few minutes to think and converse (or use their cell phones!).

For Those About to Rock….I think not. (no offense to your chosen line of work:-)

200. Chuck says:

Exactly. Save the music for the 2-minute TV time-outs. I don’t need to hear 20 seconds of Metallica to get me geared up for a faceoff.  :)

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

201. Willy the bum says:

Ice Girls are so hot they can melt the rink, but just the hot fans across the crowd are more gorgeous.  Besides, you won’t chat to an Ice Girl that is sitting beside you, eh?

And a huge contract on Kovy II, and now he’s sitting on the box?  Nice going, Devils.  You just wasted money on an “useless” player.

202. Danno says:

Crap!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

203. homerbowen says:

It just goes to show Kovy II is no superstar. What a waste paying one player so much when he has accomplished so little. With Marty getting on in age I think the Devils are doomed for many years. Sad what one way overpaid player can do for a franchise. Hmmmmmmmm an I thinking Gomez again? Once again last night Gomez was a waste of $$$ on the ice. Players like that can ruin a franchise!

204. saskhabfan says:

Kovy II must be struggling because he is a “tinytot” as you like to say ,oh wait he is 6′ 2″ and 235. Nice of you to debunk your own repetitive posts.

205. Chuck says:

Did the colour guy just describe one of the players as having huge balls?  :)

Centre Hice: A New Approach to NHL Scheduling.

206. volcano62 says:

John MacLean said it was Kovalchuk’s decision to sit out.

207. Bill J says:

John MacLean admitting the truth would be like Carbonneau saying “I have no clue what’s wrong with them”

Career ending!

Of course MacLean would say that!

Did he say, “he has huge balls?”

209. SmartDog says:

Good thing Pierre Mcguire’s not in the booth them them or the guy would be a MAAAWWWNNSTER WITH HUGE BALLS!!!  Now that’s scary!

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

210. Wemindji_Habsfan says:

Good save by Mayer

Go Habs Go

211. observer says:

Habs have now finally caught and tied the outstanding Burke-built Toronto Maple Leafs for first place in the division.

212. sholi2000.com says:

LEafs;

Played the Hasb and won.  Missing our best two players.

Played the Pens and won.  The Pens were terrible the first week.

Played the Sens and won.  Sens are horrible this season.

Played the Rags ans won.  Rangers SUCK!

Now they have lost 3 in a row.  That will continue and they will go from first to last in the league.

Life is Good!

They Call Me Shane

213. fbkj says:

id love to see ice girls but clorox is the current sponsor of the ice removal crews, that would have to be worked out

Or said he has a big stick.

215. CanadienBoy says:

Let see Price coming to is own ,Kost.Sr. as well , Higgin and Kost.Jr. burn them self out because off the pole girls and you guys went ice girl are you crazy !

216. OverseasFan says:

Who’s wears dyed black hair and frosted lipstick anymore? Send this ice chick (and any stray mullets of there) back to the 90s! :)

Sorry, but Montreal has better looking girls at the grocery store check-out.

This is a terrible idea. I’m not saying that because I’m a girl. I just rack it up with stupid FoxTrax-like inventions to get “casual” fans interested in the game.

Why water down the game any more? It’s not like Montrealers need extra encouragement to fill stadium seats.

I know you’re probably joking with this post, but this just looks cheap.

Remember the great opening ceremony the Habs put on not too long again? That’s class. This is not.

Long live Le Club de Hockey!

217. fbkj says:

who said bewbs arent classy?

218. habitual says:

An even better reason not to, we’d confuse them with the Leafs …

219. Mike Boone says:

Hey, lighten up! Everybody loved it when Elmer Lach came out in a thong at the opening ceremony.

What, what, what! Her boobs aren’t real?

221. Dave Stubbs says:

Tweeted last night: Andrei Kostitsyn has been first star on two consecutive Saturday nights in which he’s had two points – at least one goal – against the Ottawa Senators. This fact doesn’t appear in official NHL statistics, strangely enough, though surely it could win you a bar bet somewhere.

Dave Stubbs
    Habs Inside/Out
    Sports Columnist/Feature Writer, Montreal Gazette
    • On Twitter: twitter.com/habsinsideout1

222. Mike Boone says:

And SK74 was a healthy scratch for Nashville.

223. adam76 says:

So – is this the new Brian Savage – or is this guy legit?

224. Hockey Socks says:

I had the same thought when I went to the Raptors-Knicks game at the Bell Centre on Friday night. The Raptors cheerleaders were entertaining, sure, but it made me realize that there are so many gimmicks and distractions in sports like football and basketball that the purity of the sport is lost.

Hockey and baseball (less so for the latter) still maintain the purity of the game by minimizing the non-sport distractions.

BUT – Hands down, Montreal would have the best Ice Girls :P

225. WestHab says:

Saw him on the tube against Calgary the other night. He was a ghost, got almost no playing time.

226. Matt_in_TO says:

I’m shocked!!

- In Price We Trust

227. Game 7 says:

The Canadiens could never have Ice Girls because their ice crew (along with everyone that works at the bell center) are unionized, so they’d have to find work for all those guys in order to bring the girls on the ice. And I’m not trying to bash unions, I could care less, don’t want to get into that type of discussion here. I’m just pointing out the reality of the situation.

228. OverseasFan says:

Yes, dear HH. They are real. And Patrick Roy is going to build a time machine to come back to be our #1 goalie.