All Alex, all the time

4895463

Photo by Ben Nelms/Reuters

It’s great to see un gars de chez nous ripping it up in the Stanley Cup final.
How the heck did Alex Burrows go undrafted and play his first pro season with the Greenville Grrrowl of the ECHL?
Scouts! What do they know, eh?

Video Theatre: Max Lapierre taunts Patrice Bergeron:

1. habstrinifan says:

Hey PG if you cant turn Gomez into a goal scorer refit him with some new canines and make SPACEK our LAP dog. And let’s have some laughs. I cant stand another season like last year.

2. habstrinifan says:

Good Morning!

As we near the time when the last whistle of the 2010-2011 season would have been blown and Phoenix residents would have to again pay the Piper Betman for the privilege of having Northern bred Coyotes walk their streets and we HABS fans would have to gather our resolve and bust open the gates of hockey’s ‘wait till next year’ purgatory’, I ask you this question.

What ACT of your GOD Gauthier would either make you turn in jubilant optimism and burn your section of purgatory or turn in total disconsolation and just crawl back to ready your potato-sack for another stint.

You can tell I am getting antsy eh!

3. Habitoba says:

What I find hilarious about the Bruins complaining about the snubbed suspension is that they seem to have completely forgotten about a certain Chara hit on a certain Max Pac

• Clay says:

To be fair to the Bruins, they were not complaining about Burrows not being suspended. Their fans and media were, but not the team.

What Julien had to say:

“I never thought about it that way,” said Julien. “The [NHL] made a decision. We moved on. For us, if we start using that as an excuse, we’re a lame team.”
      From the Cam Cole article linked above…

__________________________
      Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

Winston Churchill

• HabFanSince72 says:

Bergeron certainly tried to get him suspended.

• Clay says:

I’m talking about after the loss.
          And of course he did – any team would have tried to get a guy suspended for biting one of their players. Out boys are no different in that respect. Imagine if a Hab was bitten what we all would have said.
          Julien said exactly the right thing there, like him or hate him.

__________________________

Winston Churchill

• Clay says:

I was talking about after game 2.
          And of course they tried to get him suspended – any team would try to get a player suspended after he bit one of their players, and the Habs are no different in this regard. Imagine what we all would have said if a Hab was bitten?

__________________________

Winston Churchill

Ian sent me a video of Cammy, Gomez and Subban working out already this summer in preparation for next season. It’s very reassuring to see them serious about physical conditioning.

Martin is here for 2 more years, so is the system, and so also is Gomez. That’s the window for this group to further build upon the foundation they’ve laid down.

I would imagine the goal, apart from winning the Cup, is the team positioning itself to accomplish that, meaning a top 5 finish in the league, certainly winning the NE and even better winning the Conference again. That has to be the objective. Just making the play-offs is not enough. Home ice in the play-offs is huge. It doesn’t guarantee victory but starting a series at home is a major advantage.

Since the Conference format was introduced the Habs have started round 1 at home only one time.

That has to be the goal. Starting round one in Montreal.

5. Steven says:

I just noticed something interesting…

The Habs have had one player leading a statistic in 2 straight playoffs.

Last year, Cammalleri was first in goals(13)

This year, Price is first in Save %(93.4%) and in Goals Against Average(2.11) and Cammalleri was first in points for the first round(10)

Makes you think we’re doing something right.

6. Habby says:

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the development camp start today? Any news or pictures?

The drive for 25 is alive!

Correct me if I am wrong but this is JM’s last year in his coaching contract with the Habs n’est-ce pas?

So who coaches the Habs in 2012-2013?

• CHsam says:

I think he has two more years left…. think it’s a 4 year contract

• Old Bald Bird says:

Thought it was a 4 year deal, so we have him for two more. I think.

• SeriousFan09 says:

JM signed a 4-year deal so he’s done after the 12-13 season. Good news is if Muller inks a deal with NJ or OTT, chances are he’ll be be sacked in 2 years or less knowing those teams and he can take over the MTL bench then.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• 24 Cups says:

Robert – Muller doesn’t speak French so there’s no chance he will coach the Habs.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Depends on what Geoff Molson’s thinking in two years doesn’t it?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
          SF09 on Twitter

• Bill says:

Molson still sells a lot of beer in Quebec and I doubt he wants that to change. The Canadiens “French First” rule will continue.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• habstrinifan says:

May depend more on what happens in Quebec. Remember when the Nordiques taunted the Habs as not being french while most of the Nordiques stars were English or other with maybe Goulet being the only real French star on the tea.

IF Quebec gets into the league I think Molson will a) go for a winner first and b) be very very thorough re french drafting etc.

• Clay says:

Steve, only time will tell for sure, but I think that ill-advised policy went the way of the dodo with the new ownership.
          We can only hope…

__________________________

Winston Churchill

8. stnbog says:

Marchand not signing.
    I live in MA. I’m a Montrealer, my son, born in Boston, loves the habs.
    For the past 2 years My family and I go to a hockey benefit. The Allumni Bruins are the guest team. My son skates with the Allumni Bruins with a CH jersy. They bother him but they treat him with respect. Rick Middleton signed his CH, Johnny Buicyk, Reggie Lemelin, and the list goes on. After the skate they all talk to him as a friend. My son is 9, loving hockey, The Game, and everything it does for him and to him.

9. habstrinifan says:

Just an aside on how little talk about the Boyd/Dawes pickups and departures. Was this just minor oddity or wrong game plan or lack of game plan by PG/JM.

10. habstrinifan says:

Might be old news but I just read on TSN True North offered GM’s job to Hawks Chevel deyoff.

11. Neutral says:

julien should move Recchi up to the first line and Horton down to the second line…

• nek25plus says:

Who care what Julien does…he is mind numbingly stupid…

• Neutral says:

don’t know about julien being stupid. I think Recchi has more smarts than Horton and I’m not saying that would work. down
        2 – 0 I don’t think it would hurt. I don’t care who wins, just waiting for the HABS…

12. Everlasting1 says:

Let’s go Mavs! Can’t stand da Heat.

——————————————————————-
    ” That the Sons of God saw the daughters of man, that they were fair and took them wives all of which they chose.” – Genesis 6:2

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

13. kevin m says:

Would love to see Rick Dudley with this organization. That’s one tough Mo Fo.

14. Habitant in Surrey says:

…the Vancouver Canucks will NOT be a one year wonder …Mike Gillis is right up there with Ken Holland as one of the best, (and,only time will tell if not The Best) …GMs in the NHL today
    …I’m usually pretty prescient on these things, but this was a surprise to Me …at his hiring by the Canucks I had nothing but doubts of an ex-players’ agent being successful as an NHL GM
    …a little lesson in humility, I guess
    …the Canucks will be a perrenial force in the West, if not the NHL for the forseeable future with Gillis
    …He put the bits and pieces together to compliment the genius of the Sedins like a maestro
    …One can say You can take the Boy out of Montreal, but You can not take Montreal out of the Boy
    …I must say, though I thoroughly love the geography of British Columbia and the West Coast lifestyle, a part of My Montreal Soul was uneasy reconciling the abyss …especially ‘hockey-wise’
    …the Canucks never could live-up to the privilege I had had in My youth growing up in the city of My Habs
    …patience usually allows all things to eventually come around
    …the past 2 years, especially have been a beautiful experience to be a hockey-fan (2010 Winter Olympics), a Habs’ Fan (2 excellent, exciting and competitive seasons with great promise) and an alternative Vancouver Canuck Fan
    …I couldn’t be happier for all the long-suffering Canuck Fans, whom have received little of the respect They deserve from the rest of Canada
    …and We should be kissin’ Their butts because Their Team is kickin’ the TeddyBears butts
    …I called it at the start in 6 Canucks …but would not be more happy it to be a 4-0 sweep …therefore ‘softening-up’ da Booooins’ psyches for Us next season
    …can You imagine the psychological pablum-state those Neanderthals will be in next season after being ‘analized’ by Philidelphia and Canucks in consecutive playoffs
    …the day of Canucks beatin’ up Boooins to win the Stanley Cup, I would petition Parliament and Steven Harper to deem it a National Holiday …like, maybe, …Remembrance Of Patches Day ???

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Gillis is right up there with Holland? Really? How do you figure that? Get back to us when Gillis has as many cups as Holland.

• DearyLeary says:

Gonna be tough to keep Bieksa, which creates a substantial hole for them to fill on the back end.

• HabFab says:

Chris, you can’t keep chewing that wild weed growing out back!!
      I’m ambiguous about the Cup now but if it makes you happy…enjoy!!

• Steven says:

I agree completely except for saying Gillis is as good as Holland.

I mean, it’s hard to go wrong when you have the 2nd and 3rd overall picks in one year and have another huge first rounder in Kesler. Add in Luongo and that’s 4 high first rounders.

I know you’re supposed to build out of the draft, but it’s hard to go wrong when 4 of your best players went 2nd(Daniel), 3rd(Henrik), 4th(Luongo) and 23rd in the draft(Kesler).

When you look at the key players of Detroit: 53rd(Lidstrom), 64th(Howard) 171st(Datsyuk), 210th (Zetterberg)

Plus, Holland already has a few Cups. Gillis could get one this year, and a few in the future.

15. Mr_MacDougall says:

A few questions…

1) Gill at 2.25 or Chara at 7

2) Gomez or Koivu

3) Price or any Goalie of your choice (Long Term)

4) Had the Habs got passed the B’s what would have happened against the Caps?

5) Subban over/under 55 points next season?

6) Markov over under 65 games next season?

• Everlasting1 says:

Gomer or Koivu? I’ll take Koivu with cancer.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• habstrinifan says:

A few answers….

1) Gill at 2.25 (if I could get Chara for say 5 I may have gone
      direction.

2)Koivu… if we had Koivu and Gionta and Camllieri.

3)Price I realy dont see any current goalie with more upside than
      Price.
      4)Habs in 6 tops.

5)Any offensive stats on this team totally depends on JM’S
      coaching strategy. And if he does not open up and allow the
      skill players to be more free it would not only mean more
      ineffective 5 on 5 but would have longterm detrimental effect.
      Say what you want we are already seeing the long term errors
      made with Graboski/Lapp/SK74 (both sides of the matter).
      6)This is easy one.Markov will return and play more than 70 games.

• HabsFan92 says:

1) Gill at 2.25
      2) Koivu
      3) Price
      4) Habs in 7
      5) close but under
      6) over

• Steven says:

1) I’ll take Gill. We have the kind of players that Chara is already. We don’t have someone to effectively replace Gill.

2) Koivu in a heartbeat. He’s been better than Gomez for the longest time and I’m sure he has more intangibles.

3) Price for sure. He’s already an elite goalie and he’ll probably be one of or the best goalie in the next few years(Especially with Thomas retiring in no time)

4) Judging by their play against the Lightning, the Habs would’ve beaten them, but probably not in a sweep.

5) Depends. Over if the team plays a more offensive game this year(Even as offensive as in 09-10). Under if it’s like this year, again.

6) I’m afraid it’s probably going to be under, but I think it’ll be more like 50 and less like 7

16. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Yappy Lappy should start looking over his shoulder, I’m sure the scumbag Bruins will be out to injure him any chance they get.

17. habs-hampton says:

I’m really happy for Burrows. I thought it was disgraceful last year, when CBC gave Ron McLean a platform to basically try and destroy Burrows reputation. It was completely one-sided and the type of thing that reputable media companies fire people for. None of know exactly what was said on the ice that night, but CBC had no right to try, convict and execute him live on HNIC, with no chance to present his side on the story.

18. TorontoHabsFan says:

Yes, that’s right..Mike “I literally climbed into the stands to punch a fan” Milbury is claiming that Lapierre is denigrating the game.

Stunning.

• Frank Labarbotte says:

Mike “I Beat A Man With His Own Shoe” Milbury

It’s funny because I really don’t know a single issue where he doesn’t sound ignorant. He loses all credibility when talking about player conduct and suspensions with his shoe incident, and how can his player analysis/ hockey knowledge possibly be taken seriously when you consider his GM record?

• shootdapuck says:

And somehow in their infinite wisdom the Government of Canada issues Milbury with a work permit which says he is employed as an “expert” doing a job no other Canadian is qualified to do!

Employed by the Federal Government too no less!

… the fans of the Boston Bruins now have lost forever any right to complain that “the league” is out to get their team, and that the Montreal Canadiens have some kind of pull inside the NHL home office.

Charles P. Pierce – Boston Globe

19. Toe Blake says:

Just two more wins and Higgins and Laps get their names on the Cup! Wish it could have happened as members of another squad.

20. rocketsglare says:

Mike Milbury has no right to bemoan that Burrows was not suspended after the Bergeron incident. Where was the putz when his boy nearly decapitated Max?
    Pay back is a bitch.

21. Paulin98C says:

We all know all the reasons to hate or perhaps dislike the Bruins in general. Ference for the finger, Chara for Max Pac, Campbell for being who he is… etc, etc etc…. But here is MY personal story with Brad Marchand:

After being drafted by the Bruins, Marchand, being Hammonds Plain’s “Crosby” here, he was one of the few draftees attending the Timbits jamboree at the Halifax Metro Centre. My step son at the time was 5 years old and was in his 2nd year of minor hockey. Marchand was giving autographs and when my step son was in front of him with his stick to sign, it went like this:

Brad Marchand: “I’m not signing your stick unless you take that Montreal Hat off”
    I: “hahahaha funny stuff Brad”
    BM: “Im dead serious.”
    Step-son goes to take his hat off…
    I: “Keep your hat on son, if he refuses to sign your stick because of what you wear, then he does not deserve your respect because he obviously doesn’t respect you.”
    I: “My son looked up to you… local guy making it to the big leagues, we were looking forward to this.”
    BM: “I just hate the “Canadiens” (said with cocky french accent)”

The rest is me telling him off… I then apologized to everybody present for my language but I got some applause from a few. Some parents turned around with their kids as well.

I cannot wait to see him again at the exhibition game, ‘Ive got seats right where the home team steps on the ice. He’ll remember me…

I also cannot wait to see the Canucks take it, I simply could not see BM bringing the Cup down the road after disrespecting kids like that.

Subban’s hit on Marchand was THE BEST EVER in my opinion…

• rocketsglare says:

Good for you. A piss poor excuse of a hockey ambassador to dish your
      son just because he was wearing a Habs cap.

• D Mex says:

Like I always say, Broons = punks. Marchand sounds absolutely perfect for Boston, wait ’til they’ve had more time to get him into the ‘ culture ‘ …

ALWAYS Habs –
        D Mex

• Steven says:

And here I was, thinking there were no other reasons to hate him.

• G-Man says:

Well done!

• The Cat says:

Good story, Marchand shouldve known better, but then again you shouldve known better yourself, I mean would you have had Price sign a Halak sweater?

• Frank Labarbotte says:

wow thanks for sharing this. a douche on and off the ice

• Keith says:

Wow! Great story, and I hope you really give it to him at the exhibition game. What a JERK-OFF to disrespect you and your son like that. Talk about being unprofessional. I’ve never heard of a player acting like that in all my years of following hockey. Cheers to you for telling him off as well!

• habstrinifan says:

WOW! My BRUINS hate meter just blew off it’s top.

• shootdapuck says:

Marchand, consummate Goon!

Makes you wonder if the Goons boorish behavior is an acquired skill or its just inherent in the type of people they employ?

Wonder if Milbury and Neeley run a school on how to be a true Goon where the fine art of boorish behavior on and off the ice is emphasized?

Wonder why the Goons can’t sell out home playoff games and you can walk-up and buy seats just look at PR ambassadors like Marchand!

What a classless organization top to bottom!

Charles P. Pierce – Boston Globe

• SeriousFan09 says:

Wow, Marchand is such a pile of garbage.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• Bill says:

He went to the high school I teach at. I wish I could tell you some stories, but I’m professionally forbidden.

Suffice to say, he’s exactly as nice a human being as he seems to be. That rat-face doesn’t give a false impression.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• shootdapuck says:

He went to high school? That’s a shock! Single digit IQ no doubt.

As far as the rat-face goes coupled with a knuckle dragging walk it all fits.

No worry he’ll go down the path of McSorley and Bertuzzi where his tough-guy persona will get him burned either in a bar fight or DUI conviction.

Charles P. Pierce – Boston Globe

22. JohnBellyful says:

Two pretty dramatic wins for Vancouver — first with just 19 seconds left in the game and the second just 11 seconds into overtime. It’s going to be difficult for the Canucks to duplicate those heartstopping moments but here’s a few possible scenarios:

— Vancouver is leading 2-0 with less than two minutes to play when Boston gets on the board, and then with just 45 seconds left to play, Lucic gets awarded a penalty shot — bad line change, Vancouver. The big lunk dekes out Luongo only to shoot wide of the net.

— with the teams tied 1-1 in the final five minutes, Thomas sees the ref raises his arm after Marchand crashes to the ice and races to the Bruins’ bench to give his team the man advantage. Unfortunately — for Boston — the call is diving and Burrows hits the open net for the game-winning goal.

— leading 3-0 with four minutes to play, Boston suffers a meltdown when Vancouver scores a pair of shorthanded goals and ties it when Salo fires the puck into the Bruins’ end, it hits a stanchion and bounces into the net Thomas vacated to play the puck behind the goal. Vancouver wins in at the start of the third OT when Bergeron wins the faceoff at centre ice but it deflects off Chara into the net Thomas vacated because he was playing too aggressively.

— Lapierre trips and falls hard into the boards early in the first period and stops breathing. Recchi, the closest medical person, quickly administers CPR (although he is careful not to put his fingers in his fellow ex-Canadien’s mouth). Lapierre returns in the third period and scores the winner when Thomas misplays a Vancouver icing.

— Vancouver wins 10-0, the Canucks start a brawl at the end of the game, turn the cup upside down on Bettman’s head and moon Cherry

23. Steven says:

Just went to TSN.ca to vote for Cammy like everyone was saying to, just to find that he already won.

By 0.1%

That’s a close matchup. Now it’s Cammalleri vs Eberle.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut back on topic…

I remember wondering how the overtime would go. I changed to a different channel while the intermission was going on, and when I got back(presumingly on time) the match was over. Talk about a great effort by Burrows

• Paulin98C says:

Eberle takes it… After watching that goal live I knew it was going to be THE goal of the year.

First NHL goal… wicked toe drag to back hand… at FULL speed on first game… It can’t get that much better.

24. Don Carnage says:

LOL@MAX

And Bravo to Alex!! can’t wait to go see him with the cup in Pincourt, its just next door seeing as I am on L’ile Perrot

:0)

25. Favorite Son says:

It really is too bad that the coaches here couldn’t make Lapierre play in Montreal. Martin definitely did not know how to use him and put him in the right position. Lapierre did great on penalty kill under Carbo and then for no reason Martin took him off the PK when he became coach. He also put him on the wing to favour guys like Pyatt.

• 24 Cups says:

Exactly.

I hope the Habs enjoy their 5th round draft pick.

• habstrinifan says:

I read your post and my first reaction was EXACTLY! Then I saw the response from 24 cups who took the word outta my mouth. But yes.. EXACTLY!

• Everlasting1 says:

Dumped like Dominic Moore to accommodate Eller.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

26. Rugger says:

I think Lappy is on to something here – all next year every opponent of the B’s should wave a few fingers in front of Bergeron’s face.

27. HabsFanMTL says:

Can’t wait to see what Gauthier has up his sleeves!

free and easy work from home http://www.dataentrywork.net/?id=540677

28. mrhabby says:

season is way to long ….26c today in Durham and iam going mountain biking this afternoon. i can’t wait for this series to end. hopefully in 4. if nucks get a split hopefully it wil be over this week with the nucks lifting cup.
    sure would like some nastiness on the habs that is on vancouver…give me burrows, kesler and few other names that i cannot spell.
    of course i have been looking for the habs to add this dimension on the roster for a long time.

not unusual for the new team on the block to gas there gm..dudley is a good man but he and waddddelll were crap together.

some mentioned craig ramsay as asst coach if muller goes..super idea i say. an excellent defensive mind from what i have heard and read.

claude noel will be new coach and the ass’t gm in chicago will be new gm thats what i hear.

29. olegpetrov says:

45 mins left to vote for cammi in the play of the year showdown on tsn. he is currently leading the belarussian baby by only a few votes. listed as 50-50 right now, with cammi as leader. 45 mins left! vote the belarussian baby out.

Habs fan…Nuff said

30. Neutral says:

the more I watch chara this is what I see of him. ugly in appearance, bizarre in form, unique in gait (poor skater) colossal in height and in character dirty player.

Great extra effort goal in over time.
    I hope for a split in Boston, so they can finish them off back in Vancouver. I would have had a very bad summer if the cup went to Boston.

Just think about how good the Hab’s are. One goal difference between us being in the finals or Boston. And we were missing Pac’s, Markov and Gorges.

32. Chris says:

still cant see my comments

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

33. Chris says:

still cant see my comments, what is going on

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

34. PeterStone says:

well played Max. That was funny !

35. SeriousFan09 says:

Best move the Habs can now make this summer is hiring Rick Dudley as an assistant GM.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

36. habs-hampton says:

I love it….
    B’s fans, media, etc., etc. whining and bitchin’ about being beat by a guy that “should have been suspended”?

LOVE IT!!!!

37. mike3131 says:

Ahh the beauty of Karma! :)

♪ And we’re livin’ here in Allentown… ♪ – Stu (Hangover 2)

• Clay says:

It’s not over until the green men sing.

Here’s hoping the Canucks can pull it out though!

__________________________

Winston Churchill

Thomas – live by the sword, die by the sword. Having said that, the Bruins wouldn’t be in the finals without him. He’s still their best man on the ice.

Chara – you need to play like you’re Chris Pronger. Despite your size and intimidation factor, you aren’t really dominating the game the way you should be.

Andrew Ference – way too many gaffes and out of position mistakes. You’re playin’ scared. Two of last night’s goals were on you, man.

Coach Julien – your philosophy of trying to grind out low scoring, five on five wins almost worked. Two bad plays over 120 minutes cost you both games, denying you the much needed split. Going back home, you should let Seguin loose by increasing his minutes. This kid needs to play more and bring some offense. I realize Recchi scored last night, but he’s not getting it done. Let Seguin play 20 minutes.

• kempie says:

I said last night that if you switched coaches, Bruins would win in 5 or 6.

• habstrinifan says:

Chara aint ever gonna be like Pronger. I think HABS made Chara the legend he became this year. Prior to this year I never thought of Chara as anything but a huge defender to get around. Reading HIO and listening team990 etc I joined the ‘fearful’ throngs of habs fans who felt that we were going up against a Sampson.

• Pretty sure Chara is hurt, because I haven’t seen him unleash too many big shots these whole playoffs. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn he’s playing with a bum shoulder or something.

39. olegpetrov says:

People I hate. Boston Bruins fans bitching and complaining that Burrows should have been suspended. What about Horton who scored the winning goal against Tampa?
    I also hate Mike Milbury, PJ Stock and the other Bruins stock who complain that guys like Lapierre are bad for the game. This is ironic considering the Bruins are full of players who go out to maim and injure other players without any consequences. Lastly, the Bruins announcers and, to some degree, the CBC announcers. Their unbelievable bias is disgusting to hear and makes me want to puke. My rant is done.

Habs fan…Nuff said

40. CranbrookEd says:

Mr. Burrows has an appointment with his dentist to fix the dental malfunction that caused a little uproar in game 1 . . . as has been mentioned – and will be mentioned a lot by HABS fans if the Canuckles win – karma, it really is hard to accept when it comes back to slap you in the face! Hmm . . . even the Vancouver fans have started to boo the knuckle-dragging Chara when he touches the puck . . . and this from what appears on TV as a very quiet crowd . . . go Canucks!

CranbrookEd
    Mr. Beliveau: “Pure Pak mais oui”!

41. olegpetrov says:

cammi only down by .4% with 2 hours left. Vote for cammi on tsn.ca for the play of the year showdown. grabovski is winning. can’t let that happen!

Habs fan…Nuff said

42. Old Bald Bird says:

I wish V would give them one good drubbing before it’s all over.

— formerly notbigbird –

43. naweed235 says:

EVERYONE please go vote for Cammi on TSN.ca for the play of the year… he is losing to Grabovski by .2% … every vote counts!

44. Sharks9 says:

Lapierre is having a great post-season and that was just hilarious. That definitely got under Bergeron’s skin.

25 before 14

• naweed235 says:

Lapierre was always a a clutch playoff performer and I liked him for that… I don’t want to sound like one of those guys that jump on every ex-habs bandwagon as soon as they play good somewhere else but I for one believed that by not signing Moore and trading Lappy last season we screwed ourselves out of one of the better third lines in the league… or third playoff line atleast

• SeriousFan09 says:

Lapierre was not a consistent energy player in the last two regular seasons and you need your grinders to be self-starters at the end of the day. They can’t be taking long stretches off and maybe come through on their playoff performances.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
        SF09 on Twitter

• solomio says:

Lappy was a disgrace to the uniform. Habs don’t want no weasel like that. Can’t back up his words and actions with his fists.That’s a scumbag along the lines of the B’s Bergereon ( I mean the little pecker ). Technically he still is fairly useless. Good riddance with no regrets.

• habstrinifan says:

What a hilarious video. I should go out and buy one of those fancy thing-a-majigs things (what are they called oh yeah .. tablets) just to download this and run it over and over again. Yoy know this is just pissing off the Bruins no end.. and they will lose all ability to focus .. they will be so mad.

Wicked! This will go viral in Vancouver’s bars.

And you know something, you wont hear a peep from any Canuck player or coach about respect and all that crap nor would you get a sense of ostracization thru deafening silence coming from their room over Max’s disrespectful knavery.

They will have a damn good laugh and say “BRING IT ON” to any
      Bruins who wanna use the incident to spout venom and talk “hang it on the wall” payback.

If MAX had done that here in Mtl, led by their duo of no-offend, turn the other cheeks do-gooders and let your teammate out to dry non-producing veterans… he woulda been sent to Don Cherry for a teachable moment.

You have your fun Max. You deserve it!

• Propwash says:

Odd how the CBC loathed him when he pulled off stuff like that when he was a Hab, but suddenly, now that he’s a Canuck, it’s totally fine by them.

• “That definitely got under Bergeron’s skin” – much like Burrows teeth! ;)

___________________________________________