AK46, Weber return; Subban, Pouliot scratched

PRE-GAME AUDIO: Jacques Martin | Andrei Kostitsyn | Scott Gomez | Josh Gorges | Paul Maurice | Eric Staal | Jeff Skinner

Canadiens forward Andrei Kostitsyn and defenceman Yannick Weber return to active duty tonight against the Carolina Hurricanes, having been healthy scratches Tuesday in the Habs’ loss to the Dallas Stars.

P.K. Subban and Benoit Pouliot will watch the game from the pressbox.

Lars Eller, who took AK46’s place with Tomas Plekanec and Michael Cammalleri, will centre Tom Pyatt and Travis Moen tonight.

The Scott Gomez line, hot of late, remains intact.

Jeff Halpern will centre Maxim Lapierre and Mathieu Darche.

Carey Price gets the start in goal.

1. Price_Is_Right says:

I’m on Habstalkradio DAILY, With the exception of this one, their site is actually the best that I have come across. (as a HABS

And what’s curious, s that
    your post just before this one, your almost Quoting everything in the story
    that you linked, and then called “Speklundation?”

Submitted by HardHabits on Thu,
    12/23/2010 – 12:53.

I’d like to
    see Martin be a healthy scratch for a game or two. I read that Pearn and Muller
    are responsible for having this team on the winning track and supposedly Martin
    tried to regrab the reins, beginning with the PK benching, and it’s been a
    downward spiral ever since. Rumour is that the team is united, against Martin.
    At least there’s no division in the locker room.

And here’s
    THEIR STORY! Your being more than a little hyppocritical!

REALLY going on with the Canadiens!?

Good things come to those who wait…But only what’s left by those who hustle!

2. ed lopaz says:

This coming from a poster who spent all of  last year suggesting that we should lose games on purpose to improve our draft position???

When does that start up again??

3. Le Jadester says:

Great Post !

Habs, OLE !

4. TripleX says:

Are you?

Ummmm?  JM does not want the PK with creativity and flair and confidence we witnessed at the beginning of the year.  Get it?

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

5. GrimJim says:

Yet part of living and improving is learning how to take criticism and learn from it so you end up being a better writer or hockey player. My first professionally published piece came back from my editor with more red ink than black. BUt each criticical change showed me a way to improve my writing. And when I repeated mistakes that had been pointed out previously, my editor pointed that out and pointed out needed to stop it if I was going to reach my potential, and through that process I learned to adjust my writing for the better. I leaned that the goal of criticism was to improve the final product, not chastise me as a person.

6. Storm Man says:

The post of the day by far.

7. Natrous says:

Also, since you mentioned numbers, maybe you didn’t look for yourself before you thought of mentioning such stats (for the month of December):

Subban, 7 GP, 2 pts, -7
    Picard, 10 GP, 3 pts, -1
    Gorges, 10 GP, 0 pts, -3
    Spacek, 10 GP, 1 pt, +2
    Hamrlik, 10 GP, 6 pts, +1
    Gill, 10 GP, 1 pt, -1
    Weber, 4 GP, 2 pts, +3

Still think Subban is the strong link on D?

What’s the sound of two trolls scratching each other’s backs?

9. LA Loyalist says:

Do we even have a defense coach (since Rick Green) — can you imagine what PK for sure and Weber possibly could be with proper grooming?

I keep referencing the article from a few months back about how carefully Savard, Robinson and Lapointe were brought up from Nova Scotia – yea up and down a few times, but they were prepared, nurtured, and set up to succeed – not set up to fail!

Thanks for the support. I get death threats all the time from Gomez’ mom. Merry Christmas!

10. SeriousFan09 says:

Those are completely different situations, sportswriting and playing hockey in the highest professional league in the world?

Ed, I watched PK in Hamilton a half-dozen times in person. I’ve watched his highlight reels and noticed a few errors in his play compared to when he was in Hamilton. However there are mistakes that have nothing to do with the coaching staff, since the start of the season, he has persisted with making that ill-timed, absolutely useless slapshot that everyone sees coming, the goalie has a chance to move and the defencemen a chance to shot block. What did he do a lot of Hamilton for goals? The wrist shot. Simple, effective and it got the puck on net.

I’m sure JM sat down PK on his first day in training camp and went “I know you have an excellent wrist shot, but I want you to cut that out right now, you’re going to do nothing but take overexaggerated slap shots that have no effect in a game, I see you taking a good wrist shot I am benching you.” Or not, just my theory myself but maybe PK is making his own mistakes as well? He is a player who over the past 2 or 3 years is so used to his skating being nearly unmatched that he wants it to dictate the pace of each game he plays, without realizing in the NHL, while he is a great skater, players at this level know how to deal with that or can even match his pace.  His passing and clearances are too casual, always expecting his quick pass to not be picked off, it is too often and it has led to goals. If Andrei Markov was here, he’d have a whole new level of mentoring available to him but Markov is injured and that’s unfortunate but Subban will have growing pains as he adjusts to the NHL. Some of these mistakes are his fault, is he tentative at times? Yes but it’s also because he’s seeing a lot of what used to work for him not work as well because it’s the NHL.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

11. LA Loyalist says:

JM is trying to break them like horses to his mold.

A good coach adjusts to the horses he has, not the horses he wants: i.e. Pat Burns 3 totally different styles of team, 3 coach of the year awards.

JM’s method is not working. He’s just confusing everyone. Look at John Maclean – trying to convert Kovalchuk to a grinder, like that worked.

Watch Lemaire for all his supposed rigidity get Kovalchuk going. He will adjust his system to take advantage of that weapon.

12. Everlasting1 says: