AK46 shockwaves

3942376

August was just too quiet, wasn’t it?
Until a Belarussian website, goals.by, interviewed the Brothers Kostitsyn.

Pat Hickey is not impressed and writes:

With the addition of Erik Cole and the continued development of Max Pacioretty, there’s a strong possibility Kostitsyn will start the season on the third line, but someone who cared about the team would see the possibility of contributing to Lars Eller’s development as an opportunity.

Kostitsyn was the Canadiens’ first-round draft choice in 2003 and has developed into a consistent 20-goal scorer who is a plus-16 for his career. But there is a sense of frustration because most people believe that with his strength and his shot, he could be much better.

But Kostitsyn’s streaky play and his attitude are not assets in what has become a tight dressing room, and it’s time to engage in some addition by subtraction.

Here’s Arpon’s account, including links to a Google translation that has many head-scratchers.

Example: Well, you saw Well, as I started the season. It’s not bad, I was playing, just shove me started on the third or fourth link.

Puck Daddy weighs in

Eric Engels on line combos

• EoTP looks at prospects Brendon Nash and Mac Bennett

The new Ovie

Psst! Wanna buy an NHL franchise?

The Brooklyn Islanders?

1. josuaauriel says:

yeah this so different….

2. Corio says:

Sucks to hear about Andre’s comments, always has to be something, I don’t blame him though regarding Martin, seems he isn’t the first with issues with him. Then again, no one coach can please everyone..

3. meimeidd says:

.http://proxy4biz。com
    Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now!
    Lv,Gucci,Prada,Coach,Chanel Women sandal is $30
    DG,JUICY,Lv,Gucci,Coach Hand-bag price is $35
    Polo,Locaste,Levis,EdHardy,Bape,Christan Audigier AF,COOGI Tshirt price is $12
    Jeans price is $34
    Paypal accept,Door to Door services!
    5 days arrive your home or you

4. Everlasting1 says:

Real enthused about this kid who the Blues acquired late last season. 23 yr old Toronto native Chris Stewart looks to be a certified scoring machine. I see a budding John LeClair, and the Avs will feel like the Habs of ’94 :)

——————————————————————-
    “God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment: “How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Psalms 82:1-2

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

5. Habziefan09 says:

With this story, Im going to play devil’s advocate here for a moment and suggest that this story is just a plant by the Russian MSM and or KHL to give themselves cred because they lack any stars that would advance their league of hasbeen and neverwases.. from what I have seen posted on youtube and other various video sites around teh interwebs, The KHL is worse then the bush league called the Quebec Sr league of the late 90’s and 00’s. But hey, at least the Quebec Sr league gave us some good ol bench clearers.

Twitter: Habziefan09

Confucius says: “Baseball has it all wrong, Man with 4 balls cannot walk!”

6. deggy24 says:

AK has a quick release, some exqusite skills, and back checked his butt off. Why does he only play 15 minutes a game?
    Habs Win!

7. Say Ash says:

AK can take care of JM with one phone call. Just saying.

8. Neutral says:

We’ll see what kind of team the Habs have after Christmas, till than just hope for the best like every year.

9. JohnBellyful says:

Saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes tonight. Two opposable thumbs up.

I’ll never look at Chara the same way again.

• Steven says:

+1 for incredibly appropriate Chara joke

• HardHabits says:

Saw it last week-end. I concur.

No Lucic in the movie?

• ZepFan2 says:

Oh he was there, he was the simian.

———————————————————————-
        Welcome to the newer NHL: The National Headshot League.

• JohnBellyful says:

I was in luc, there was no Lucic.

P.S. I can’t believe a poster would come on here and declare his love for the Bombers. Is there no moderator on duty tonight? A fuller explanation is provided below in a response to said avowal of allegiance. But I wouldn’t be surprised if your post has been deleted by now.

Lol, Make matters worse Dieter Brock was my favorite qb, not helping my case am I!

• JohnBellyful says:

Well, I believe Dieter played for the Ticats after the Bombers so what’s that say about my team? We can make silk purses out of sow’s ears? (And when did people ever do that anyways. Would really help the pork industry if they could do that stuff now.)

• Everlasting1 says:

It was good. Saw it on opening night. Andy Serkis plays the lead ape Ceasar. After playing Gollum for so many years, then King Kong, he has that whole primate walk/mannerisms down lol

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• RetroMikey says:

The old retro movie of 1968 with Charleton Heston in the movie and the 1970 sequel as well with James Franciscus were classics.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

10. madcap_habsfan says:

Why is it that Russian players..minus the wonderful Markov(who actually plays his game consistently, which is the key here…and i suppose Ovechkin) always complain and lay blame on everyone else for their lack of steady play??? it’s not like these guys…ak , kovy etc aren’t talented..it’s seems that the minute they aren’t 100% happy with whoever they throw hissy fits. It’s ridiculous really

-“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” Chuck Palahniuk

Well thankfully you didn’t paint an entire country of hockey players with one brush, you didn’t include Ovie and Markov. Can we rescind the contract with Yemelin still or is it too late.

11. D Mex says:

Maybe AK would be happier with this guy (a Montréal native btw) behind the bench :

ALWAYS Habs –
    D Mex

12. Bozo McBozo says:

Saw a kid wearing a PK Canadiens 76 tee as I made the right turn on to the Avenue of the Americas this evening heading home from work. I honked at him and his friends, lowered my window and said “Go Habs Go!” Can’t think of a better way to start the weekend!!!

Hey guys and gals wha’d’yall think about the name of my new band?

The Sphinxters!

Cole , Plekanic and AK would light a fire in this league.!!!!!

15. punkster says:

Yes, I think JM should be more personal, more respectful, more coddling…sheesh!

***Subbang Baby!!!***

16. LL says:

I like AK very much. He pretty much naively said outloud what most people think anyway.
    Not dissin’ everything about JM, but think of the PhD line and how successful that was. Why did he break them up? To jumpstart Gomez? Every line was assembled and disassembled for Gomez with not so great results.

Complaints coming out of Winnipeg regarding the Logo. Stu Hackel put this piece together in CNNSI.com today.

So having been born and raised in Wpg I will share my views. I think people in this article are completely overreacting. Yes there is an obvious tie in to the military in this design. Since when did it become wrong in this country to be supportive of our Armed Forces? The Jets are owned and operated by a privately held company. They are also donating $1million per year for 10 years to the 3 different groups of forces. This should be commended not ridiculed. Since when can a private enterprise not make a donation to the Armed Forces in our great country.

I have to also explain, I was raised in a fairly conservative Mennonite home in Wpg (no we didn’t ride horse and buggies and yes we had electricity) and the Mennonite people are well known for their Pacifist belief. Interestingly I was with my entire family when the logo was introduced and no one in my family had any issues. Yes comments were made like oh that looks like the military design. But my family is proud to be Canadian, my father grew up in a war camp, and is thankful for everything Canada stood for when he immigrated here after WWII. I am sick of people in this country dumping on our Armed Forces. You don’t have to support the decision by our different PM’s who decide where we send out troops. But for DAMN sure support our troops and our forces as a whole.

Sorry for rant, just needed to vent.

18. ooder says:

just out of curiosity.. what does that link have to do with kostitsyn?
    it’s about another player altogether
    ——————
    The 2010-11 Stanley Cup was not won, but given

19. homerbowen says:

Why trade a big, strong forward (AK) when they are so hard to find. We have enough tiny tots….get a coach that knows how to handle the AK’s.

• ed lopaz says:

while we are ordering out for a new coach, can we ask for one that has some Stanley Cup finals experience, please??

thanks.

• HardHabits says:

Yes because of the last 10 Stanley Cup winning coaches only Scotty Bowman had won it before.

In fact in the last 20 years only one NHL winning coach had won the Cup previously and you guessed it, it was Scotty Bowman. He won it 4 times in that span too.

• Mark C says:

Does that matter? Since Burns led the NJD’s to the Cup in 2003, the only Cup winning coach who had Finals experience was Babcock, as a loser no less. 6 of the last 7 Cup winning coaches had even been to the Finals before. Nothing wrong with getting a coach who has been to the Finals, just doesn’t seem like it matters.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Patrick Roy, come home.

20. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Andrei K ? …said the same things I would have said, except I would have said it in English
    …Brooklyn Islanders ? …can’t wait ! …I still miss the ol’ Brooklyn Dodgers
    …off topic, but funny: Slava Malamud on Twitter;
    Baseball mystery: why managers & umps have their faces so close when arguing ? When I & my wife argue like that it always ends in intercourse

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

21. SmartDog says:

I gotta say that Basu has this “issue” right when he says:

– “Basically, my take on it is there is nothing shocking in what Kostitsyn said about his relationship with Martin. Frankly, I think if you asked most of the players on the team they would also have the impression that Martin doesn’t care, because it does not appear as though he is really a player’s coach.” –

To be clear, Basu states he doesn’t think Kostitsyn should be talking this way but it’s obvious he also thinks it’s not a big deal…

I wish HIO would not sensationalize stuff like this.

*****WARNING: Testing out new dog icons for the coming season. *****

22. LA Loyalist says:

If any of you are interested, the Ayrton Senna documentary just released in theatres in New York and LA is getting rave revues from WSJ and LA Times – I’m sure it will be in Toronto and Montreal soon enough.

I’ll post after I’ve seen it (hopefully this wknd)

23. Habstar says:

A. Kostytsins recent comments doesn’t suprise me at all. I’m only suprised at how he’s managed to still be on our roster. If I can correctly recall wasnn’t it Andrei Kostytsin and Gomez both laughing and giggling while being benched during the playoffs? It would make my day to see him packaged to nashville where he can join his little bro but something tells me that nashville won’t bite. Pierre Gautier has some dirty laudry to clean!

24. WindsorHab-10 says:

Just came on to say that the Boston Bruins suck.
    Have a nice day.

“Hate Bruins like a sickness”

25. TommyB says:

Man, do I need some hockey. The silly-season is killing me. At least there’s some pre-season NFL to help with the distraction.

I certainly understand Pat Hickey’s thoughts regarding AK, but at the same time I have to remember that there are not many players in the game today that do what is right for “the team”. Andrei Kostitsyn, like just about every other pro today, is not looking at the team but rather looking at himself a year down the road. He is on a 1 year contract if I recall, and I’m assuming he will become UFA next July. It is very important for his career that he plays a top-six role this year, and you can be sure his agent is all over that as well. The difference between a top-six forward and a 3rd or 4th liner is substantial when seeking a contract as a UFA. So if AK drops off in the shuffle, I expect to hear some noise from his agent regarding a desire to be traded.

Some posters here point to others on the team and cry that AK is not being treated equally. Really??? The players mentioned who are treated “better” than Kostitsyn have all had pretty good careers, thereby earning their place in the pecking order. What exactly has Andrei Kostitsyn done? If he wants to be a top-six forward, then he needs to play like a top-six forward on a more consistent basis. Blaming the coach isn’t going to cut it. Does anyone seriously think JM or any other coach is going to deliberately screw a player who is working his butt off night after night? You have to earn your spot, and you can’t earn it by playing only whenever you feel some heat. AK wants to talk the talk but he must first walk the walk. He needs to show himself as a legitimate top-six forward. So far, we have only seen sporadic glimpses of such from him. Kostitsyn is no doubt feeling some insecurity, with the summer acquisition of Cole. He needs to come out of the gate strong and stay that way through the season if he wants to claim his top-six spot and cash in next summer. Time to fish or cut bait, Andrei.

• Ian Cobb says:

Some great points that you raise Tommy about AK and his next contract.

How about them Alouettes Tommy! That was a very good game for them last night. But Winnipeg is a different story me thinks.

I am hoping my Bombers may actually have something for Montreal this year come playoff time. Key will be keeping Buck Pierce healthy.

• JohnBellyful says:

Bombers, Schmombers. Ticats all the way.
          It breaks my heart to see a Bellyful Hockey Buzz subscriber show such poor judgment in matters football. I’d cancel your subscription right now except I’m still waiting for the August payment. And no more live chicken by courier. Read the fine print. Strictly cash or credit card.

26. Bozo McBozo says:

Trade everyone who talks to the press and let a proper tanking begin!

27. HabFab says:

OFF SUBJECT – GREAT NEWS!!!

The Sports Forecaster magazine, those wonderful people who predicted Price wins the Vezina this season, have also predicted that;
    Cammy and Gio will score 30+ goals this season and
    Pleks, Cole, AK and Patches will all score 20+ goals.

Sure would be nice, not sure when we had that much offense last!

• HabFab says:

WOW!!!
      The last time we had this many 20 and 30 goal scorers was 1995-96.
      You know!
      The season Patrick was dealt away!
      The season we played our last game in the Forum!
      No wonder the ghosts didn’t move with them!

Anyhow, Turgeon and Damphousse had 38 goals each.
      Recchi, Rucinsky, Koivu, Bure and Savage all had 20+ goals.

• Lawrencetown Liquor Pigs says:

Poor Brian Savage. If I remember correctly, 25 of his 20 goals that season came in October. The Hockey Gods realized the awful mistake they’d made and clawed back 5 from his total for the rest of the season.

____________________________________________________
        They lost me 2 quarts of rum, better make it up next year with a cup!

• HabFab says:

LOL! See you have got started on your weekend already… “25 of his 20 goals”. ;)
          Have a nice one!

• Lawrencetown Liquor Pigs says:

Ha! That 25 of 20 was an intentional dig at a perennial on pace for 50 guy after the first 2 weeks of the season.

____________________________________________________
            They lost me 2 quarts of rum, better make it up next year with a cup!

• Chrisadiens says:

Its nice to see some people have faith in the Habs, but I’ve grown fond of the “underdog” role.

I totally agree with their predictions and would even say Cammy could flirt with 40.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• HabFab says:

Chris, I was probably your age back in the 70’s and we lost only 8 games one season. You should have heard the moaning and b*tching for each one of them! God, we were spoiled but loving it!

• Chrisadiens says:

LOL. My father loves to bring that up all the time. Wish I was around for the glory days.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

28. mike3131 says:

Watching Oil Change on youtube and you can see that Oilers’ management understands that their best/young players have to be protected in today’s NHL, thus they sign an enforcer in Big Mac.

If only JM/PG could accept that…

29. Jonson says:

i would take Kostitsyn over martin anyday. i really wish we had a good coach. its been a really long time since we have had one. i wish washington would fire boudreau and then the habs could sign him! lol not gonna happen but it would be nice. i think paul maurice would be an awesome coach!

• shiram says:

I can understand wanting to get rid of JM, but getting rid of him for Bourdreau?
      ouch…

If you don’t grok it, drokk it!

• Chrisadiens says:

Is this sarcasm? Boudreau is an awful coach and its a miracle he wasn’t fired this offseason.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

Okay so i was intrigued by your first couple sentences, but then I think you had this huge Typo. Again, i understand the firing of Beaudreau (even though that would hurt the habs) but then that typo part where you wished we could sign Boudreau? Just can’t agree is all.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

“I would take Kostitsyn over Martin anyday”

I just had visions of AK trying to run a practice and screaming “SHOOT PUCK AT NET!” repeatedly.

Not so sure he could outcoach Martin. ;)

• LA Loyalist says:

My kid has a Russian coach (ex Russian National Team) and he yells at them the entire practice in Russian. They may not learn hockey, but damn they will be proficient at Russian swearing if it kills him :-)

• kempie says:

Most hilarious post of the day by far!

• new guy says:

yeah right! Paul Maurice, the ex-leaf guy!

30. emann_222 says:

There are times that I’ve defended Kostitsyn, his play, and talent level. There are other times when I’ve noted his inability to seem consistant, or his aptitude to be somewhat lazy. But this time I have to say there’s not an excuse.

Some things are better left unsaid. I also don’t care for the fact that he felt comfortable to state such things to overseas media, but not to the local msm.

Players need to realize that whether the intent is meant to be damning or not, comments like these inevitably hurt the team.

I prefer the class of players like Hal Gill (player profile here: http://wp.me/p1n6pU-4t). I prefer the antics of men like Josh Gorges who could easily have blurted out his disdain for his single year contract, but instead remained all class before the media.

A lesson that I believe Kostitsyn could learn from.

Visit me at http://www.bleedbleublancrouge.wordpress.com and http://www.allhabs.net

• Everlasting1 says:

Have Gill, Gorges been singled out? Diminished roles, ice-time?

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• HabFab says:

First of all, loved your Brian Wilde interviews. It was without doubt the best journalism work on the Habs this summer. Great job!

Secondly, I’m afraid I have to disagree with you on AK;
      – did AK have a good start before being put with Gomez – CHECK
      – does JM move guys around if not in his two man units – CHECK
      – does JM or AK for that matter communicate well – CHECK
      – does JM care if this shifting players around upsets AK – CHECK
      – did AK ask for a trade – NOT
      – can this moving around be unsettling – CHECK
      – what should AK do? – ” play hockey” – CHECK
      IMO, this whole thing is blown way out of proportions!!

• emann_222 says:

Thanks so very much for the extremely kind words about my interview with Brian Wilde!

I don’t disagree with anything that you stated there. I actually tend to have a similar opinion! Every point you make is valid without doubt. I for one have been a defender of Kostitsyn over the past season especially (http://bit.ly/f31dhY).

The only thing that I don’t agree with is his public statements to the press. He’s probably accurate in most of what he said, but to hang out the dirty laundry (as arpon Basu @ CTV calls it) isn’t a wise move, or overly professional.

• Everlasting1 says:

The only ‘professional’ aspect I care to see is the performance on the ice. Maybe the press needs to exemplify some professionalism as well and not resort to sensationalizing.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• habaddict_andy says:

2 things to note from your post.

Firstly,
        – what should AK do? – ” play hockey” – NOT
        Instead he whines about the Coach.

Secondly, why should a player be allowed to complain about the coach’s decisions publicly regardless if they are true or not. The coach’s position is not something that is meaningless to the point where any players can say whatever the hell they want. He needs to be respected. If not he looses credibility and go down like the way Guy Carbonneau went down. Remember the golf game?

Go! Hockey! Go!

• HabFab says:

You have never heard the Pocket Rocket complain about the coaching or Guy Lafleur or Patrick Roy???
          Come on, his comments are so mild that I’m finding it hard to believe he was actually complaining as opposed to commenting!

• B says:

“I also don’t care for the fact that he felt comfortable to state such things to overseas media, but not to the local msm.”

Which local media (msm?) asked him those questions? Seriously, he was not spontaneously offering opinions, he was answering pointed questions and being honest (albeit, perhaps too honest) with his answers.

31. Chris F says:

I think the real problem is people can’t handle the truth.
    AK did have to make the most adjustments of all forwards last year, and I don’t have a problem with what he said.
    We can’t afford to lose AK at this point, we finally have some depth up front.
    Coaching/Teaching is all about communication. And if JM is truly as bad at this as I believe, I think a change should be made as soon as possible. When is this guys contract up anyway.
    I would believe that if AK went to JM to attempt to open the lines of communication and ask why certain decisions were being made, or voice his displeasure, I can totally see JM turning his back and simply not providing a true explanation.
    If AK is the type of player that needs explanation, a pat on the back, someone telling him his demotion to the third line is not really a demotion in that it will truly help spread out the talent on the team, he may respond in kind.
    It’s called student centred teaching, and it is what is happening in good classrooms. I believe JM is subscribing to the Teacher centred approach of the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, and most of the 90’s—I told you to do it, so do it, and shut up. Or….if you don’t like it leave.
    Well this is not how to run a team, it’s not how to get the most out of your players, and it certainly doesn’t inspire greatness.
    I’m sick of the count.
    Anyone on here that thinks players should simply shut up and play without proper explanation/feedback are……idiots.

• M.Neil says:

That teacher centered approach served Scotty Bowman well for years, this is a small piece writen about his coaching style

To a man, the Canadiens respected him. But very few admitted to liking him. Ken Dryden, one player who did, wrote in his marvelous book, The Game: “Scotty Bowman is not someone who is easy to like. He has no coach’s con about him. He does not slap backs, punch arms, or grab elbows. He doesn’t search eyes, spew out ingratiating blarney, or disarm with faint enervating praise. He is shy and not very friendly.”

By design the Canadiens had an overabundance of specialty players—tough guys, speedy guys, emotional guys—each of whom might or might not be dressed, depending on the nature of that night’s opponent. When Bowman did sit a guy out, he seldom explained the move to the player. “All he was thinking about was winning games,” Shutt says. “He didn’t care if he hurt feelings. He was going to do what he had to do, and personalities weren’t going to get in the way.”

In short he treated his players as professionals. Not as friends, and certainly not as needy, insecure youths, which many of them were. He allowed beer on charter flights and buses. He seldom checked on curfew. Glen Sather, who played for Bowman’s Canadiens in ’74-75, remembers skiing right past Bowman one time in Lake Tahoe during an off day on the road, a direct violation of team rules. Bowman never said a word. All Bowman cared about was a player’s performance on the ice.

32. Un Canadien errant says:

I’m not a big fan of Mr. Kostitsyn, but I did read a couple of reasonable posts explaining that the context of the interview shows this wasn’t an attack on the team or the city, just a guy not adept at handling a reporter.

In any case, it does seem as if there are ‘hurt feelings’, so the coaching staff and team leaders have their work cut out for them come September.

———————————
    For my training camp surprise, I want the second coming of Mike McPhee. And maybe Kent Carlson.

33. hansolo says:

Well, I just can’t get overly excited about this. This kerfuffle is about something someone said to a reporter in a foreign language thousands of miles away.

We don’t know what he said. He may have been honestly misquoted or the translation may have been imperfect. We haven’t heard from Frere Andre since. We’ve assumed reporters always write stories after a studied analysis of facts (not conjecture) and are too honorable to worry about mundane matters like sales and site hits.

Let’s all take a deep breath and calm down — as I’m sure PG and JM are doing. You don’t trade away one of your best players, even if he is maddeningly inconsistent, because of something he mighthave said. BTW, JM and AK46 DID talk during the season. The story then was that Andre was happier once he knew his role on the team.

As HH said on another matter: Move on people, there’s nothing here, at least not so far.

34. Feraco says:

Great to hear we are all on the same page on this nonsense.

It’s just silly reporting and its a guilty by association. Kostitsyn has been a team player throughout his career, never held out, played hard, never stomped his feet in the AHL or when he was up for a contract or asked to change his role for the team.

Him having SK may have something to do with the bias.

Molson Ex mon ami

• habaddict_andy says:

Not sure about Kostitsyn being a team player. For a big guy, when there is a scrum he just shy away from these situations rather than using his size to at least intimidate and stand up for his team. He does not have to fight but at least (should I say?) “bear hug other players”.

When the younger brother did the same to the team during his time here, Canadiens organization tried to suck it up and gave him a chance. Now they have to deal with Andrei.

I’m not sure how Andrei is in the dressing room, but I find him to be very quiet to the public. Now in his home town he can talk sh*t to the organization. No respect and foolish of him to do that. And is that a passive-aggressive behavior?

Go! Hockey! Go!

35. AK_PK_Usay says:

Kinda how Cherry keeps slamming PK for stuff that he praises in leaf, boston and any team except montreal players…

36. avatar_58 says:

I don’t understand the problem – AK46 tells the truth and gets burned. Was it ok when Pacioretty did it? Why, because he’s not european?

• AK_PK_Usay says:

Pretty much, look at markov, all star material yet most fans wanted him out…

in Qc its not think what you can do for your country instead of collecting the BS check, its “what has the country done for me lately, cos all it gave me is all nice and good, but that was the past, and i live in the present and want MORE”

• Hit the nail on the head there. I’m wondering if Pat Hickey demanded Patches should be traded as well?

• dh says:

My sentiments exactly.

The article says that he was always playing with one of the top players on the team but it includes Gomez. I don’t have a big problem with Gomez but pretty much everyone on his line sucked last year when they played on his line. AK is no exception. He was doing pretty well with Cammy and Pleks. He was not doing badly on the third line.

I’d hate to see him get dumped over this. I don’t really see anything incorrect in what he said.

• JerryMcgoo says:

Although this instance might be different, I seem to remember the media making quite a deal of the Pacioretty one as well, and questioning whether his time had run out in Montreal. Either way, can’t say my appreciation for the media is getting any better…

• Chrisadiens says:

I thought I remembered Max taking some heat for those comments. The heat was then promptly taken off when he met and exceeded expectations and showed a high level of commitment to the team.

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

• habaddict_andy says:

The difference is AK does not do what is expected of him in which use his size and GO TO THE DAMN NET. He said so himself “I go to net and I shoot”.

Go! Hockey! Go!

37. Feraco says:

Mr. Hickey, you obviously follow the Canadians on a deeper level than I do, and I am sure you are behind the scenes with the team but a headline of, “Andrei has to go.” – is that really necessary?

Why send out that message to the team, management and fan base? Thats the kinda crap that the public will rally on because they will believe whatever you write.

Why not use the heading:

“A frustrated Kostitsyn looks for answers”
    “Andrei and Martin look to strengthen player / coach relationship”
    or
    “A passionate Kostitsyn looks to rebound from an inconsistent season.”

Why not give the Belarussian the benefit of the doubt before slamming him to the public?

Why not stand up for AK when Martin gave him a public shot saying, “Of course, its a contract year.”

Or maybe you should go ahead and slam Pactioretty for when he said while being in the AHL.

Bush League reporting and completely bias, which is your right, but try to keep it consistent and have all players and coaches responsible for their actions.

Molson Ex mon ami

38. pierre lapuck says:

I have to agree with the “AK really didn’t say anything too terrible” side of this debate. However, I am not a coach basher by any means, but let’s face it The Count is a rather stoic figure at best and at worst almost a statue and therefore it would make sense for some to have distant and less than the warm fuzzies for him but to say so out loud is not the brightest move. I don’t think should or will come of it.
    BTW can anyone please tell me how to add a picture to my avatar? TIA

39. caladin says:

I think AK46 still suffers from the expectations of his daft position. He went too high, we know that now. Ancient History.
    If we expect him to be a 20+ who hits but does not crash the net, he delivers. Yes he’s streaky, but that’s normal in a scoring winger. I think he’s a solid 2nd line winger and if he’s on the third line he’ll help make it a great 3rd line.
    Oh and everlasting1, why the 2 signatures? You should really pick 1 and stop filling our screens with spam

40. BJ says:

I would keep Kostitsyn. Given his opportunities he done as well as any other Hab and probably better than most. Habs management is a joke when it comes to player development and evaluation. We have lost or let go of probably more players in the last 5 years than we’ve won Stanley Cups in a 100+ years, with basically no draft picks in return. I would ship out both Martin & Gauthier before Kostitsyn and bring someone in that can handle players psychologically to get the best out of them.

41. joeybarrie says:

After reading the Hickey article, I must say I am a bit surprised to the level of Hickey’s response.
    AK didn’t slam anyone. He said nothing that will upset the dressing room. He simply said what he thinks.
    Trading AK is a good option. If we get something worthwhile in return. Other than that we would be pretty stupid to trade away a hitting 20-25 goal scorer. 3.5 million, for that no problem. We just paid 4.5 million for the same player with numbers a bit higher and more experience.
    He is frustrated. FINE, talked to a reporter…. FINE. BUT in the end it is now and always has been to AK, to prove to the coach, fans and everyone why he deserves to be on the top 2. SIMPLE AS THAT.
    Seems to me he only remembers the games he played on the third, and not the ones he played on the 1st.
    Hickey is a bit off, if you ask me, but he made an excellent point. AK obviously does not see the opportunity, and that is the problem here.
    But in the end I think we will see AK do his best, and JM do exactly what he has been doing for 2 seasons.
    No in the end its all a bunch of nothing.
    My frustration is this. For the next three year we have this possibility.
    Cammi, Pleks, Cole, Gio, Gomez, AK, MaxPac, Eller, DD all competing for the top three lines.
    To me there is 3 good lines filled with players who can all hit over 20 goals. (ok not Gomez) BUT when your top 3 lines can get 200 goals your looking pretty good.
    I just hope the players see this possibility.
    There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• shiram says:

Ak was with SK for that interview, and SK has been bitching about the Habs before that interview, I cannot prove it, but it seems to me the younger K might just be a bad influence on senior K.
      Hopefully when the puck drops AK is on, as that is what matter!

If you don’t grok it, drokk it!

• SmartDog says:

Good post Joey.

My biggest complaint with the Habs of the last few years is that dumping on good or developing players, and then dumping on them more when they don’t perform in response is like a freakin’ past-time with this team. There are no failed students, just failed teachers. The way Grabovski, Lats, SK, and even Dagostini have performed is proof that Martin is chucking out anyone he doesn’t know how to coach and other teams are getting better because of it.

And YES, if this has occurred to you, this pisses me off even more than the Gomez trade (my #2 problem). Though it was close.

*****WARNING: Testing out new dog icons for the coming season. *****

• AK_PK_Usay says:

His article is overly opinionated for a journalist… feels very amateurish and shows a lack of insight and understanding… mehh, most journalist are glorified paper salesman (ie, you see provocative titles to hope to increase sales)

42. Kooch7800 says:

I hope they just don’t dump ak in a crap trade. We would need a decent replacement if they move him.

AK could bitch about being on the third line all he wants but this isn’t his first year in the NHL and he has been consistently a streaky player. I could see if he was having great years and then blame it on the coach when you were demoted to the third line but every year has been the same you might want to look in the mirror a little instead of blaming everyone but yourself. That is the sign of a problem.
    He should be hungry as I am sure he will get top 6 time next year but if he is coming in defeated than he should be shown the door as he is not what the habs need on this team. By the way I am not a JM supporter either but I don’t think this was handled correctly and speaks volumes about AK

Are any of us actually surprised AK is frustrated by being juggled on lines this much? He shouldn’t of spoken to a reporterabout it, but I would have been more surprised if he had said:

I am really happy with how last year went, it was a neat opportunity to play on all 4 lines last year. I especially was happy when I got to try the famous hot dogs at the Bell Centre during the game I was benched. I am hopeful that next year JM may even try me as a Dman on some shifts. Peter Budaj says I can borrow his equipment and dress as a backup for Carey also.

44. rogus says:

First of all I might be a little biased, as I am a huge Kostitsyn (Sergei too) fan. But really, who could, would or should take Andrei’s spot? The team finally gets enough depth to make it somewhere, and the HIO faithful want to turf our top 3 winger in favour of an unknown quantity (half season) coming off a potentially fatal injury, and another winger that had a similar injury and has yet to prove himself sans Eric Stall. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pumped to have Cole, but really??? Kostitsyn would get traded for a bag of pucks and then we’d have to watch that useless plug Moen doing his best impersonation of a scoring winger…all because of an off season, poorly translated, tweet???
    I’ll stick with the incredibly talented, hard hitting, deadly shoot having AK46 thanks. Now can someone start a rumour about the water boy and Mrs. Molson so we really have something to talk about???

45. Habitoban says:

Remember these lines, among others, of Max Pac from December 2010, just before he was called up:

“I was in the doghouse every time I made a mistake and that’s what got me sent down and turned my confidence to the negative side.”

“When I was first called up with Carbo (Guy Carbonneau) as the coach, he gave me all the confidence in the world. Put me in situations to succeed and at times I did and if I didn’t he didn’t punish me. ”

I guess he should be on the trading block with AK for slammin’ the current coach.

46. twilighthours says:

I sure hope that anyone who is defending AKost today was also defending Kovalev a few days ago.

AKost is further down the dog scale than Alex Kovalev, for sure.

And yeah, I know that Kostitsyn has never been granted the same ice/opportunity that Kovalev was, but he’s also never had a season even close to Kovalev’s good years.

• AK_PK_Usay says:

Yes and no, Andrei and Kovy have different personalities and even on the ice are different, so you can agree with one without agreeing with the other.

Kovy played with Yagr in Yagr’s prime years… so yeah, i don’t deny his talent, but look at cheechu getting 50 goals with thorton and then what…

47. Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

I also don’t think this AK46 story is such a big deal. We already knew everything that he said. We also already knew that he’s not the brightest bulb, so the fact that this story came out is no surprise either.

I don’t think AK will be moved right now, because as many posters already stated, he gives us great depth right now with the addition of Cole. However, I could see us pulling the trigger at the deadline if the right veteran became available. If AK46 is playing well enough to increase his value, I think a deal to get Doan out of Phoenix could be good. And that guy is a nasty mofo.

48. ProHabs says:

If AK had scored in overtime in Game 7 against the Bruins when he had that great chance, then he could open his mouth and I would respect what he says. But he once again choked when it counted so he can just shut his yap.

• AK_PK_Usay says:

Chocked? Gomez missed empty nets and AK chokes? In game 3 most of the team did not show up, AK did, he single handily got us back in the game and woke up the team, so i do agree he is streaky, but not lazy… and yes, i would have liked that goal too…

We have no regrets from boston series, it was a coinflip, but we can be proud, now vancouver, thats a team that should be ashamed!

HardHabits, you asked if any other team could field a lineup as small as Cammy/DD/Gio. Buffalo I think could compete
    Gerbe 5’5″, Ennis 5’9″, Roy 5’8″

50. AK_PK_Usay says:

so AK is “streaky” but he’s very constant at the end of each year, BUT, he is streaky… most haters here make me laugh
    so, having most hits means the world for a boston player, but here in montreal we dont care
    having awesome 1st passes means jack shit also, he has so many tape to tape passes
    stick handling, hockey sense…

BUUT BBUTTT BUTTTT he is LAZY, if he is lazy, wtf is cammy? or an A type isnt lazy, he’s just waiting for the right time? yes he leads team in playoffs, yet didnt show up in game 3… good for him

• joeybarrie says:

You make very good points. I dont think he is lazy. He is not a grinder. but to me his potential is 25 and 25… 3-4 million a season. No problem. Especially if he keeps hitting. BUT BUTTT BUUUTTT
      He will spend time on the 3rd line.
      Cole, Pleks, Cammi
      Gio, Gomez, MaxPac
      AK, Eller, DD
      Flip em around a bit… Competition for the top lines, great for us…
      There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• joeybarrie says:

Oh, and as for his STREAKY… yup. he is streaky. But most players are.. He has 5-6 games with 5-6 points, then 5-6 with 0. In the end he has been a .55 point per game player the last 3 years.
      Still, he is 26, and gaining experience. I think his best years will be 26-30. I would like to see him here for those years.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• Bripro says:

I’m with you. I don’t think he’s lazy. He reminds me of Pavel Bure. Maybe not quite the same level, but he seems to be coasting out there while most are peddling, then all of a sudden..BAM. He hits like a truck. He shoots like a cannon. His passes are lasers, and the only reason his linemates don’t score more with him is because he’s too sharp, and they’re sometimes slow off the mark. During his hot streaks, I think he’s a top-20 player in the league. He’s a definite keeper.

51. patience is a virtue says:

Wowza. Didn’t see the link to Hickey’s article: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/montreal-canadiens/Andrei+Kostitsyn/5242626/story.html

Just searched it and read it. So, it’s either,

a) Gazette sales and hits are way down due to summer doldrums and drastic inflammatory action needed to be taken to raise a ruckus.

b) Hickey is not familiar with the rarity that is the 20+ goal scorer who leads his team in hits, in the NHL. There were a grand total of 34 left wingers who scored more goals than AK last year, 29 in 2009-2010, and 14 in 2007-2008 (he missed 23 games 2008-2009).
    = There is about 1 left winger per team that scores more goals than him. AK is consistently a valuable asset/top 6 winger, year over year, despite his hot and cold streaks.

c) Hickey is not familiar with communications issues sometimes faced by Jacques Martin which may be partly responsible for AK’s unseemly behaviour.

d) Hickey hasn’t read Lions in Winter’s balanced appraisal of AK’s value to the team: http://www.lionsinwinter.ca/2011/03/ideal-20-goalscorer.html

e) Hickey is a zenophobic, anti-Russian throw back

f) Did I say – Gazette sales and hits are way down due to summer doldrums and drastic inflammatory action needed to be taken to raise a ruckus?

g) All of the above.

• Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that AK was playing great hockey at the beginning of last year and that he, Pleks and Cammi were the top line and doing great. Then the coaching braintrust decided to break up that line to put more firepower on the Gomez line. From that time on the Habs did not have a good first line or a good second line because no one could play on the Gomez line and make him look good because he was playing so poorly. Not surprised AK is a bit ticked off at Martin. I certainly was really ticked off at that coaching decision.

Ch EJ

• AK_PK_Usay says:

+ 1 (thousand hehehe) very nicely posted, i like point form for the google ADD generation

• Bill says:

h) Hickey objects to players putting themselves ahead of the team and undermining morale by publicly slamming the coach? I don’t like it either, even though I concede AK46 has a point.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• patience is a virtue says:

lol

Agreed. Not the best tactic. Although “slamming” might be a bit overstated. How about honestly, but mistakenly, airing Habs dirty laundry in Belarussia. Nowhere is safe from Big Brother! (i.e journalists + us)

No doubt being at home hanging with his bro is not a good influence in this regard.

• Bripro says:

Absolutely, he has a point. If that’s exactly what he said. We don’t know that. You know how a story is often “reported out of context”. He might have said more positive than negative, but it was left on the cutting room floor.

52. rhino514 says:

Why are players in hockey, and especially in Montreal, suddenly seen as guys with a bad attitude when they answer a question with total honesty that doesn´t simply flatter the organization or the coach they are playing for? I mean, the guy was talking to a small town reporter on the other side of the world! I believe that a tight dressing room is extremely important, and that is the strength of this Canadiens team (I even support the exodus of brother Sergei), but this is becoming ludicrous. The comments about Kovalev are more unjust. He slammed Ottawa, which is understandable, but he didn´t slam Montreal at all. Kovalev in Montreal, if you look at the stats, performed at a better rate than in his pre-Hab career, in 3 of his 4 years here. He had one “bad” season of 18 goals, then 2 decent years, and one great year. Overall his stats were right on target or a tad better. And his playoff (when it counts) scoring rate is around 0.75/0.80 points a game. And I do agree with Kommodore, you aren´t born with those skills, you have to practice your a%s off to be able to do the things he was able to do.
    Kovalev is the kind of player that is flashy and scores in streaks, and automatically people think those kinds of players should score more than they do…never quite understood that. Do I believe Kovalev was invisible on many nights; absolutely. Do I believe he was a player who didn´t give his all and didn´t always try, or did so less than your average Hab? (I´m talking about his time in Montreal)? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

53. Michael says:

Wow, what an absurd overreaction from Mr Hickey. Just because there isn’t a lot to write about during August doesn’t mean you have to overcompensate with outrage when there is something to write.

54. diehardhab says:

Re this story: YAWN

The torch be yours to hold it high!

55. RGM says:

A buddy of mine back in Kelowna dropped me a line yesterday about DQ’s Miracle Treat Day. Josh Gorges’ family owns one of the restaurants back there, and they had him in signing autographs. Buddy went in and got a pic signed to go along with his Blizzard, and Josh told him that Carey would be in at around 3pm. Buddy went back, got pic signed from him too.

Cool story, bro.

During the long summer, we all get to be pretend GM.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Oh Yeah! Well I got an autograph from Pierre Champoux, NHL linesman, who is a franchise owner of a Subway restaurant in Vaudreuil about 10 years ago!

Beat that!

• Bripro says:

Yeah? Well I got an autograph of Yvan Cournoyer in 1978. He owns the Brasserie Douze (12) in Lachine. So there.

• Curtoph says:

Yeah? Well I got an autograph from Geroges Laraque… umm at an Earls in Edmonton when he played there… /cry I lose

• Mattyleg says:

Small-time!
          I have an autographed Bobby Hull photo that my grandmother got for me. He’s wearing a white sweatshirt advertising ‘Klondike’ beer, he’s holding a bottle, and the autograph says “Best of Luck” along with his signature and number.

So… I guess I rule.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

• Jay in PA says:

One time, my uncle got me into the dressing room after a game at the old Forum. I got a few good autographs including… Red Fisher. I’ll never remember if I actually asked for his autograph or if he just grabbed my pen and the program and scribbled away, but I’m kicking myself for never having that one authenticated.

• HabsPEI31 says:

During the 1993 Run for Lord Stanley (aka “The Last Time We…”), the sports section of La Presse hired a cartoonist to do the covers, usually the day before a game, or after if it was a win.

In between series, an artist did the cover, with Patrick Roy gracing the cover, making a save on an Islanders’ player… remember when the Isles were in the playoffs?

I digress…

M. Roy visited my home town of Saint-Bruno over the summer. By then, though, I had already moved to PEI, after Game 2 of the Finals (I know, stupid. Missed the whole parade…). My sister took the newspaper cover to the local grocery store where M. Roy was signing autographs.

Guess what proudly hangs over my desk at home?

Right next to the autographed Frank Mahovlich Habs game puck, the Habs ball cap autographed by Guy Carbonneau, a Jean Beliveau (autographed) hockey card (can’t remember the year), and another precious piece, the calendar from the 1976-1977 season.

I say this one is precious, as 1) the calendars don’t come with the season schedule on it anymore – at least not the ones I can get on PEI; 2) my dad meticulously wrote the score from every single game into the spaces available; 3) and kept track of the playoff tree to boot – Habs beat the Booins in 4 in the Finals!

“Only a goalie can appreciate what a goalie goes through.” – Jacques Plante

• HabFarmer says:

Years ago when I was a kid I ran into Dave Dryden in downtown Winnipeg, (yeah I know wtf). Anyway, first words out of my mouth: “Are you Dave Dryden?”, second words: “is your brother here?”. He was very nice about it and graciously signed my Leeds United soccer bag. Pretty bizarre all round.

“No, I see. The monkey’s out of the bottle now!”

I have no autograph to one up your story, but think it is great that those guys show up like that and make themselves available to the public. Nice story, thanks for sharing!

It never fails! Each year it begins by slashing one of our own to make news sales & BS.

Small mines making trouble is all.!

Lets talk about how great this team looks this year and leave the BAD & the Ugly to the scavengers.

57. Mats Naslund says:

People are jumping to some outrageous conclusions with absolutely no information here.

You do not know the context of the questions. You do not know the accuracy of the translation. You have absolutely no idea about what AK46’s intentions were in saying what he did.

Were the questions asked in a way that the responses could be taken in a different light? None of you know. Quotes get taken out of context in ENGLISH all the time – let alone those that have been translated on TWITTER from Russian.

The amount of freaking out that people do anytime a Russian says anything is crazy. Remember Max Pacioretty? Remember Carey Price? “Just chill.”

• B says:

Google translate is crude at best, but here is what I gleaned from the article:

The reporter was not happy with the Kostitsyns because they only gave him 15 minutes for the interview. He was also pissed that Andrei did not want to talk about his family and preferred to stick with hockey questions.

Here is a paraphrase of the “incendiary” exchange between the pissed off Russian reporter and Andrei:

Q: How do you think it will go next season?
      A: Grandly :)
      Q: Come on, seriously
      A: I’m not sure, I don’t have as good of a relationship with the coach as I would like.
      Q: Have you tried talking to him about it?
      A: More than once, but he was not interested in talking.
      Q: Do you think you might be better off on another team then?
      A: I don’t want to think about that.
      Q: What does you agent advise?
      A: To play hockey.

Oh the humanity!!!

58. SeriousFan09 says:

AK is not going anywhere folks, no one’s going to give that much to get him and he’s giving us depth simply by being around. if anyone in the Top-6 is hurt it’s better to have him ready to go than Eller, DD or *UGH* Moen. He’s got 3 20G seasons under his belt and hits harder than almost anyone on the team when he wants to.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

• shiram says:

Well we’ll see at the trade deadline.
      And if not then, does he get re-signed for next season?

If you don’t grok it, drokk it!

• Hobie Hansen says:

Serious I agree with your *UGH* about Moen on the top 6 but I love him on the 3rd or 4th line.
      And even on the top 2 lines he may not have scored many goals but he was solid defensively, making him a great bottom 2 player.
      plus he has a hell of a lot of heart and has done pretty good in the playoffs.

• avatar_58 says:

I think Moen needs to go simply to take him off Martin’s list of choices….

59. PrimeTime says:

I have very little respect for athletes that blame their Coach for underachieving. I’m not sold AK has underachieved but all athletes want to accomplish more. Some just know how to do it and others don’t. It appears on ice AK could do more. The guy is a talented bull but has a rep for being lazy at times meaning he doesn’t always put in that “extra effort” when needed. However, AK’s point totals each year are pretty good but need to improve to get off the border of being a Top 6 guy and a 3rd line player.

“I do not have a good relationship with my coach (Jacques Martin),” Andrei Kostitsyn has told the Belarusian website Goals. by.

Kostitsyn complained of being pushed into a secondary role, with occasional duty on the fourth line.

The right winger said he tried several times to discuss his issues with Martin, but was told the coach “did not care.”

Asked about his prospects for the coming season, Kostitsyn said: “It’s hard for me to guess.”

He signed a one-year, $3,25 million contract with Montreal in June.

61. joeybarrie says:

JM seems to me to be like an old school type of boss. Tough, and things only go his way. My bet is he knows things like this will come out, he knows guys will vent about him behind his back. I don’t think he cares… Simply put, he looks at how you come to practice, how you play his game, and based his decisions on that. How hard do you work to win the way he wants the team to play. SIMPLE. What you say to your wife, friends, media back home… JM couldn’t care less…
    AK, just come and score. (and to me that’s what he has been doing) He is a player who can get 25 goals and 25 assists. Having the guys we have is going to be the key to our success…

MaxPac, Eller, DD, Darche, and AK all fighting for top 2 line minutes. All players who are capable of playing on the top two lines, and being successful there. Less so for Darche, as he is a capable role player. But I see it this way:
    Cammi 34 goals
    Gionta 25 goals
    Pleks 25 goals
    Cole 25 goals
    AK 23 goals
    MaxPac 20 goals
    Eller 15 goals
    DD 14 goals
    Darche 14 goals
    PK 15 goals
    Markov 15 goals
    Gomez 10 goals
    Gorges, Gill, White, Moen, Spach, Weber combine for 24 goals.
    Total 240-250 goals… (200-210 goals against)
    1st to 5th in the East.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

• Shane1313 says:

Well said. I think you’re right about JM. But I got excited when I saw you put goal predictions! So here’s mine. From the top guns.

Cammy – 33 goals
      Pacioretty – 30 goals
      Gionta – 29 goals
      Pleks – 26 goals
      Cole – 24 goals
      AK – 21 goals
      Eller – 16 goals
      PK – 16 goals
      Gomez – 15 goals(45 assists tho hehe)

• Hobie Hansen says:

Looks good except Darche, more like 8-10 goals and Pacioretty will be 25-30. In my humble and not always correct opinion :-)

Oh and i think Gomez will have a better year and get 15g 45a.

• Shane1313 says:

Did you read my mind? It may be humble, but it seems correct here hehe.

• Hobie Hansen says:

Ya I noticed that too lol.

I don’t thin Max will have any issues and be right back on the same pace as last year or slightly better. He was ready to come back for round 2 so…

• Shane1313 says:

Exactly man. I think everything has lit a fire under him. He just seems like he is on the right track and he can’t be taken off. Like ma boy PK.

• Hobie Hansen says:

The only thing I’m concerned about is the loss of Muller and the lack of grit. Everything else is on the up and up.

Hopefully Yemelin turns out to be the next kasparaitis like some are suggesting.

And does this to Lucic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61W4NZiRf4

• Shane1313 says:

100% about Muller. We have to hope that Cunneyworth will do a lot of what Muller did. Someone needs to talk to the players and keep them on the same page and it’s not coming from JM.

Yemelin looks to be good and Milan “Lucy” Rottweiler doesn’t keep is head up you best be sure that someone will get em’. The 223 pounds sounds very nice.

I also hope we put some faith in Weber and not throw him on the fourth line. There will be injuries so I honestly hope he starts 50-60 games on the 3rd pairing.

• Everlasting1 says:

Inflated numbers that make Gomex’s 10 goals realistic.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

62. Hobie Hansen says:

There will be injuries as always and AK will be back on the top 2 lines, if he doesn’t start the season there already…

Plus he’ll be playing on the PP anyways and Martin likes to juggle lines so it is pretty much a non-issue.

63. durocher says:

Okay Habs fans, if AK46 should be shopped, who do we trade him for?

64. JohnBellyful says:

As we count our many blessings, let us be grateful for this, that hockey players don’t chew tobacco.

65. CharlieHodgeFan says:

It’s slow in the summer if we’re upset about AK saying something that does not reflect deep thought about the matter at hand. His bones are good. His muscles are good. His reflexes are good. He seems only to be missing one element to be a regular 40-50 goal scorer. This non-article says a lot about that.