A young fan’s tribute to Carey Price

Every now and then, we receive a very special contribution from a reader. That’s the case tonight from Madison Grenier, age 14. The note below is from Madison’s mom, Sherry Gilmer. Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a Price fan or not, you’ll please remember that Madison is 14.

dJ5c_OPRwO0

I enjoy reading Habs Inside/Out every day, but have not
posted on it yet. Sometimes it’s better to just watch the action from
the sidelines.

My family went to the Carey Price autograph
signing last week and needless to say it was a dream come true for my
14-year-old daughter, Madison. She has been a fan of Carey’s since the
beginning and considers him as her idol (she now plays goalie because of
him). We couldn’t believe what a shy guy is and it reminded us that he
is just a young man dealing with so much, and handling himself so well.

My
daughter decided to create a video dedicated to his struggle with the
Canadiens. I think she did a fantastic job, and would be honoured if you
shared it with your Habs Inside/Out readers.

1. christophor says:

it wouldnt have been deleted on another thread. this one is to a 14yo girl who wants comments on her video.

2. andrewberkshire says:

The thread was deleted because Matraque suggested that the young girl who made the video shouldn’t be cheering for Price, but for Halak. Because apparently we have the right to tell people who they should like.

3. ShangaDoo says:

Nice video, Madison.

I want Carey to succeed soo badly, it’t not normal.

4. Le Jadester says:

Wow ! Funny how a 14 year old’s art and expression can really put some things into perspective.

“Very Good. Nice job kiddo “

Habs, OLE !

5. BKAK72 says:

I hope the CANADIENS P.R. DEPT watches this video and offers Madison an opportunity to create a team video to be played at the Bell Ctr during the first intermission.  Excellent work and fantastic support at such a young age for a (future) great goalie – yup, I’m a fan of PRICE too!

– I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! –

6. JohnnyBEast says:

Great video, nice work kiddo!

7. badangel says:

That was SO perfect! Excellent job!!! Loved the pics going with the lyrics!!!!

Brilliant!!!!! :D

8. ZepFan2 says:

Wow, that was excellent. Great editing and song choice. Everything fits great.

Good job, Madison! Hope you plan on making more.

———————————————————–

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

9. gohabzzzz says:

Now that’s a good tribute, very dramatic, but Carey Price’s season has been anything but dull this year.

Tis never a dull game with the habs… :)

10. itpf says:

nice pics and apt song to put them to!

11. habs03 says:

Great job on the vid Madison. I hope the Habs pick the goalie which is best for the team in the short run and in the long run too, I don’t have the skills to know who that will be, but I hope its Price.

12. christophor says:

stop.

thats not the point of this thread. go to the next one.

13. MikeMcLaren says:

I’ll add to the chorus here – excellent work, Madison!

Nice song selection, nice photo selection and as others have said – well edited to the lyrics… the Gainey/Price “I put my TRUST in you” juxtaposition was brilliant!

Keep cheering for your heroes and cheering for the team.  I was 21 when Patrick Roy was traded and it still crushed me as though I were a kid, but I stayed loyal to team.  I hope you do the same if Carey leaves the Canadiens.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

14. buddha492 says:

this is actually the best compilation video ive ever seen. the video was perfectly edited to the music. wtg madison.

Go Habs Go!!!!!!

15. Top Corner says:

Awesome Job Madison !!!

GO HABS GO

16. matraque says:

Great job.

Too bad the mods don’t want me to post the kick ass Halak compilation i found on the thread.  Anyways, just search youtube and you will probably find it.

——

Komisarek: 0 – 4 – 4 (-9)

17. Fansincebirth says:

Awesome job Madison, absolutely awesome.

I am a big Price fan and want to see him succeed as a Hab as do you.

18. Chris says:

Wow.  That is a really awesome video.  Much better than anything I could have imagined putting together when I was 14.  It is so crazy how talented today’s youth are with the internet and multimedia.

I’m glad that Madison got to meet Carey Price at the autograph signing.  I guess I wasn’t all that surprised to see that the fact that Price stayed long past his scheduled time to make sure every kid went home with an autograph got passed up.  A lot of these kids are doing unbelievable things in the NHL when you factor in the pressure and the expectations that are on them.  It would be nice if more people would follow Madison’s lead and recognize that the vast majority of NHL players are guys of whom we can all be proud.

19. SeriousFan09 says:

Brooks Laich gets the rebound in front of the net, 3-2 Capitals FTW, Bruins are 1 point behind now with OT point.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

20. Harani says:

Booins lose in OT!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

21. Bill J says:

Great job Madison – I have a few I’ve made myself (youtube username billandmony, one of which is posted on careyprice.com.  You have a talent, keep at it :)

Excellent choice of music, and well edited to the music.

No matter where he plays, Price will be a great goalie.  I, like you hope he still wears the CH for a long, long time :)

22. SeriousFan09 says:

Nice video.

Effin’ Capitals, bums can’t do anything to help us out, Ruins are getting a loser point at the least.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

23. habs_girl says:

Great job Madison !! I’m a huge Carey Price fan too and i loved your video, I’m sure when he sees it he’ll love it too :)

«´¨`·.¸¸ *Go Habs Go* .¸¸.·´¨`»

24. Chorske says:

I think this is awesome.

25. Habonic Plague says:

Excellent video Madison!!!  Awesome song too – love Linkin Park lyrics.  I too am a Price fan – he will be a top tier goalie in the future, just needs a little more time.

26. Mickeyy says:

Great Job Madison! I think Carey Price will be a great goalie one day! You picked a good guy to be your idol!

Saku you’ll always be #1

27. ManApart says:

Why was it deleted? I saw it earlier. Is it not respectful or somethimg? Pretty ridiculous considering some of the stuff that isn’t deleted on here.

28. sillywalk says:

They don’t want you to post it because they don’t want you prove yourself a dick again. Too late for that now.

29. sailor2963 says:

Great tribute, SUPER video Madison! You ROCK!

From one Habs fan to another!

30. Go Habs Go Theme Song Guy says:

Great job, Madison! You hit every button.

31. Eliisa says:

Wow, Madison, great job! You did the video beautifully and chose a perfect song.

I am also happy that you and your family got to meet your idol. Hopefully we’ll see plently of Carey in years to come.

32. dimitrib says:

congrats to Madison! great job for sticking up for Carey Price when the coach didn’t!!

33. manorrd says:

Great sensitivity on lining up the montage with the music.

Very well done indeed.

34. 4EverHabsFan says:

Well done! You have timed many pictures perfectly with the lyrics of this song, which is pretty much the perfect song to tell the Price story.

I grew up idolizing Patrick Roy and when he left I was sooooo upset with the organization keeping a then arogant, rookie coach named Mario Trembley over their Franchise!… Roy went on to win 2 Cups with the Avalanche… Montrewal hasn’t been to a Stanley Cup final since…

Hopefully when Price is gone, you will get to see you idol flourish as a #1 and carry his team to a Cup fianl as he did with the Hamilton Bulldoags just a few short years ago.

I want him to stay. I believe he can be our next great goalie… he has shown it many times, but many in Montreal, and on this board, have wrtitten this 22-year old kid off.

All the best Madison!

35. Sambaguio says:

The problem is Price is no Roy. Far from it.

——————————————
    Halak is the next Roy! Price is the next Theodore!

36. Chartrand1223 says:

Great video Madison, it reminds me of why I am a Montreal Canadien fan. The best time of the year is coming up, Good Luck Habs, regardless of who is in net…

37. SeriousFan09 says:

Halak isn’t Roy either.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

38. Chuck says:

Wow… that was spectacular! Congrats, Madison! And I’m so glad that you got to meet Carey and get his autograph (something that have yet to acomplish).

The fact that he stayed to make sure that eveyone got an autograph goes a long way to showing that Carey really wants to be part of the community and the Canadiens. He’s been challenged – and succeded – at every level of his career… and I don’t think that he’s about to back down from a challenge now.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

39. Chuck says:

When Price is gone? I’ve still got my money on him flourishing with the Habs. He’s succeded at every level, and while this year has been an anomoly (more for the W-L record than anything else) he’s had a fantastic start to his career and Montreal is still the biggest stage on which to play goal. I’d bet that he’d prefer to suceed here rather than anywhere else.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

40. Chuck says:

Indeed. Halak is having a career year, but he’s shy a whole lot of hardware to even be considered in the same league as Roy.

_____________________________________

Cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

41. tamzarien says:

First of all, Congratulations Madison; I think you’re video is really well done and succeeds in telling a story that provokes or inspires all Habs’ fans. It is the sign of success. Keep up the good work.

Secondly, I was as excited as ever to see the comments on this merely based how polarized Habs’ fans seem to be about our goalies right now. I haven’t perused all the comments yet, but I really hope that everyone has been respectful on this thread. Whether you believe that Price is a good goalie or he’s a schmuck is irrelevant when watching this video. It isn’t only about Hockey, but a person, his image and our incredible ability to scrutinize our heroes or zeroes.

While this isn’t a Carey quote, I feel as though it sums up his situation well. I won’t include the quoted, because I feel it cheapens the meaning, although some of you may know it.

“If I’m a star, then the people made me a star.”

42. A. Berke says:

Excellent work Madison. Hearty congratulations for your effort and good luck in your hockey endeavours.

Ali B.

43. habsgirl74 says:

just couldn’t say what a great job she did could you, its people like you that make this site so sickening now, way to go madison for sticking up for a great goaltender and anyone who knows anything about hockey knows he’s already a great goalie, you should be very proud of what you did i’m sure Carey will be very honored when he sees it

44. Ton says:

This posting is a tribute to a young kid that spent some valuable time putting together a great tribute of her hero. Respect it.  You must be a perfected fortune teller to state that Halak will be the next Roy.  Nor does your comment about Price being the next Theodore hold. Theodore was MVP of the league and is currently the hottest goaltender of the league.  Therefore if you suggesting Price will leave and be successfully like Theordore than your comment makes sence. If your suggesting he will leave and go onto fail like Theordore than your comment is irrelevant .

45. 4EverHabsFan says:

Hey, don’t get me wrong, I want Price to stay- I like the kid and think he isnt the reason for that lousy record- he has played WAY better than that! It is many people on here that have been sending him out of town. If you were Carey Price would you want to play in Montreal where the fans have jeered you and boo you? C’mon.

He deserves better for one. Price is Restricted this year, coming off a 09-10 @ 2.2 mill… This team is kinda hurting cap-wise and NEED to resign Pleky. I bet he would love to be here, and be great, but the media and fans in Montreal don’t deserve his efforts. If he is wanted by a team somewhere else, I am sure he’d jump.

Will he be a star at this level- 100% believe he will. He works way too hard. Will it be in Montreal, again, the fans and media are making it very hard for me to see that.

I think this kid is great. I saw him in Hamilton. He was awesome. He is STILL awesome. Is he a little snakebitten this year? Yes- kinda reminds me of O’Byrne after the “own goal”… Now look at him, he’s been pretty solid and improved since. I wish all the success in the world… I am just having a hard time seeing in in the bleu-blanc-et-rouge…

And yes I know he is far from Roy…

46. punkster says:

Thumbs up Madison.

47. Da Hema says:

Nice job Madison! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with HIO!!

————————

“There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge….”

–Hunter S. Thompson

48. dpthehabsfan says:

Good stuff kid.

49. JD_ says:

Nicely done Madison.

You’ve impressed a lot of people.

50. pablojinko says:

Perfect editing, perfect song… the sync between lyrics and images was simply amazing… This is everything about being a Habs fan, pure passion… Because of things like this is why I fell in love with the Canadiens once I moved here to Montreal…

Kudos to you, Madison!

51. The Beer Guy says:

Couldn’t of done it better myself. Keep it up!

When I discovered YouTube, I didn’t work for five days. I did nothing. I viewed cookie monster sings chocolate rain about 1,000 times.

52. HabsFanInVictoria says:

Never know unless you try kid :)

53. camel_larry says:

GREAT job. Really cool. Being 14 myself, I can say with honesty I would fail bitterly if I tried that.

Habs Go!

54. tony d says:

Super job Madison and great choice of music…bravo!

55. N.B.habs fan says:

Nice job Madison.I am a Price fan and know he will be a great goaldie.

56. StevieRay says:

What a wonderful way to start my morning Madison… Thank You ..

Price to me is a true HAB ..

57. pmaraw says:

Awesome work Madison!  keep it up and cross your fingers that they can sign price, cause i know i am.

58. Danno says:

Great job Madison!

We are so lucky to have two great goalies. Right now, Halak is the hot one and he deserves to keep playing.

But just wait. There will come a point in time – sooner or later – where the team will desperately need Price to take centre stage – a slump, injury, the flu whatever. The spotlight will then return to Carey. When and if that happens all the negativity will be in the past if he – along with the team – can succede in the playoffs and win the ultimate prize. That will be his golden moment to shine in the spotlight once again. Stay tuned.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

59. Geoff F says:

Great work on all aspects of this video montage, from choice of song down to the way you synched up the images to the words.

Great clarity of thought and for seeing things as they are, nothing more nothing less.  I think we can all learn  a lesson from you Madison.

Thanks Madison!

60. Jbell10 says:

Carey! Carey! Carey!

Good Job young one.

61. fbkj says:

Great video

62. habs4_25th says:

Awesome video, the song says it all, right down to the mocking me like I was part of your property, it really is Priceless.  I hope lady luck can turn things around for such a promising young goalie like Price.  I’m a huge Price fan and I hope he sticks it through and gets right back to where he was in 07.

“To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be it yours to hold high.”

63. TommyB says:

Wow!  I got goosebumps from that video.  Splendid job, Madison!  I’ve been a Carey Price supporter from day one, and continue to be.  I find it funny that some fans refer to Price as having a bad year, when in fact the team as a whole has not had a great season.  More often than not, Carey Price has been victimized by poor team play in front of him, and just plain bad luck.  Not taking anything away from Halak, he has been great and deserves to be in the forefront right now, but I feel the Habs would be making a huge mistake if they do not keep Carey Price.  Carey Price is going to be a bright star in this league.  He’s young, and he is only going to get better, and he would be the number one on most any other NHL team right now.  The way the cards are falling in Montreal right now, he has to take a back seat.  This can happen when you have two goaltenders capable of being number one.  It really turns my stomach when I read some of the crap posted on here in regards to Price, or when the “knowledgeable” fans at the Bell Centre boo him.  Totally unfair, and totally undeserved.  I don’t waste much time reading, or taking part in, that absurd Price vs. Halak argument that wastes so much space here on HIO.  Carey Price will carry the Stanley Cup one day.  If he moves on from Montreal, there is a good chance he will carry it before anyone from the Habs does.

64. tdrmoss84 says:

Excellent Job Madison!  I support any one who’s in that crease for Montreal!  Whether it’s Rick Wamsley or Carey Price!  For a 14 year old, you have excellent taste in music….Linkin Park…sweeet!  It’s the toughest position in professional team sports being the netminder of the Montreal Canadiens!  Carey Price you have my total full support!  Carey….Carey…Carey!

65. Storm Man says:

PRICELESS.

66. nunacanadien says:

Kinda makes you wish Price could one day like a butterfly come out of his cocoon and shine like Roy!  Same for Halak!  Imagine if we had two Roy’s on our team!  But it is not to be, we have two great backup goalies but no number 2 goalie, yet alone a number 1 goalie.  When we can draft or trade or sign a real goalie, then my wish is that Price can go somewhere someplace and become the star he was destined to be.

67. Habsone says:

Great job Madison! Go Habs Go!!!

68. Shagi says:

Thank you so much for all the feedback everyone, it’s nice to see all the love. Jorg, thanks for your comment, it means alot to us. Madison is extremely happy about the response to her video.

69. 905jay says:

Awesome video Madison. Thanks for sharing!

HIO, you should get Madison to do a special tribute video every week :)

70. namgel says:

Great Job Madison !

Hard work rarely goes to waste.  Both you and Carey have a bright future.

Coach Martin say’s one…..one little forward…two….two lit..

71. NewfieHab says:

Great work Madison :)

It is amazing to see what our real fans appreciate!

You’ve done an awesome job with the video, I’m sure if Carey was to watch he would be reminded of how great it is to play in Montreal!!

72. Danno says:

Hey coach. Can we count on a time out when we need one?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

73. Danno says:

Hey Carey! If you’re browsing this blog, log on and say hello, and thanks to Madison. Cheers!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

74. Fabio D says:

Nice Job Madison, love how you timed the picture of Gainey and Price on Draft day with the part of the song that says “I put my trust in you”.

Well done and should serve as a reminder to detractors of Price that he has been, is and will be the future for this team. We are fortunate to have 2 strong goalies on this team.

Ask Buffalo, New Jersey, San Jose, etc how comfortable they’d be if they’re #1 goalie got hurt in the play-offs. Nowhere near as comfortable as the Habs are if one of our 2 starters was out.

Now if only the other players on this team could inspire such creatvity.

Go Habs Go!! Get it done tonight.

75. teebs says:

First off, great job!

Secondly…it’s great to know that there are some other Price fans here!

I had a chance to see Price in action in the WHL and have been a fan ever since…especially so after the Habs drafted him. Quite a few people seem to forget all that he has accomplished in his short career…and the fact that he’s only 22 yrs old. I hate how people love to tear a person down once he’s under the media glare. Oh look, Careys having a few beers….or look, Carey’s smoking…..wow, what a revelation! What 20 yr old hasn’t? Name me one….

Fans have driven out some extremely high end talent from le bleu, blanc et rouge….I’m just worried it’s about to happen again. I’d really hate to see that.

76. dudurules says:

Great video Madison! I hope this makes everyone think of another high drafted goalie and what he means to his current team in Vancouver…don’t do it to Carey…

77. wall2bay says:

Amazing video!  I’m a huge Price fan (not a Halak Hater) and sincerely hope we don’t trade him.

This kid is gonna win a few Vezina’s and a Conn Smythe or two.

Brian Burke = Overrated Loud Mouth POS

78. HabsFanInVictoria says:

Great job Madison.  Great song selection.  It captures the mood of the “Price situation” perfectly.

79. sillywalk says:

OK, I teared up.

80. iluucareyprice31 says:

that was great! great song choice too and totally fits into what price is goin through

81. bwoar says:

Good video, nice work.  He’s a good young goalie and I’m sure we’ll see more of him.  Way to go Madison!

82. habsfan2442 says:

Awesome Job Madison…. I will admit I am a STRONG halak fan However, this was really well done..

For now we need to ride Halak, as I am sure you understand as a habs fan.. Carry will get his chances, just not now… ;-)

83. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

Good Job, i know how to do a lot of things on my computer but i still haven’t figured out the whole youtube video thing.
    Hats off young one!!!
    Hope we see many more videos from you.

84. Harani says:

Hey guys! I’m back! And Madison, that’s an awesome video! Nice to see you still believe him and understand his situation.

And I also wanted to post my heartfelt condolences to Matt Cook, a Canadian Sledge Hockey Olympian who lost his life today in a battle with cancer at the age of 22. Here’s a link to his story. Truly inspirational.

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

85. smiler2729 says:

Welcome back and yeah, my heart sank when I saw that Matt Cook died…

86. jimbo82 says:

great video, really well done

go habs go!

87. Matt_in_TO says:

Excellent job!

- Guy Boucher for head coach

88. Price_31 says:

Awesome job, Madison! It’s a great video.

89. Steve in Kingston says:

I think that Madison deserves a mitfull of lower-bowl Bell Centre playoff tickets for that.

90. noelsroyce says:

Thank you Madison! I always love seeing pictures of Carey Price! That was really well done and I hope we see an updated video next year from you if he’s still a Hab. Maybe he’ll have more luck and the song can be a happy one.

Cheers!

~Erin

91. kempie says:

Madison obviously gets it.

Outstanding. somebody better hire this girl quickly.

Great work.

92. madmat411 says:

This song, explain everything about Carey Price. Sure, he has had a bad season, but that doesn’t mean the end of the world. And sometimes, you haveto fall all the way to the bottom to realize your mistakes. But eventually, you make it back to the top. And that is what Carey Price will do, if given the chance. Ever since after the olympic break, he has proven that he can play solid, as he HAS been solid in each of his starts.

Madison, don’t stray away from Carey, and don’t let the media nor fans tell you different. As long as you, and every other fan of Price believes in him, he will achieve his ultimate goal, of being the champ he is destined to be!

93. Price_31 says:

Well said! Totally agree

94. LeRob says:

God I love Carey Price…I wish things would’ve worked out better for him here…hopefully we’ll re-sign him and Jaro and he can get another crack at it next year…doubt that though…phenomenal video though.