A young fan’s tribute to Carey Price

Every now and then, we receive a very special contribution from a reader. That’s the case tonight from Madison Grenier, age 14. The note below is from Madison’s mom, Sherry Gilmer. Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a Price fan or not, you’ll please remember that Madison is 14.

dJ5c_OPRwO0

I enjoy reading Habs Inside/Out every day, but have not
posted on it yet. Sometimes it’s better to just watch the action from
the sidelines.

My family went to the Carey Price autograph
signing last week and needless to say it was a dream come true for my
14-year-old daughter, Madison. She has been a fan of Carey’s since the
beginning and considers him as her idol (she now plays goalie because of
him). We couldn’t believe what a shy guy is and it reminded us that he
is just a young man dealing with so much, and handling himself so well.

My
daughter decided to create a video dedicated to his struggle with the
Canadiens. I think she did a fantastic job, and would be honoured if you
shared it with your Habs Inside/Out readers.

1. sillywalk says:

They don’t want you to post it because they don’t want you prove yourself a dick again. Too late for that now.

2. christophor says:

it wouldnt have been deleted on another thread. this one is to a 14yo girl who wants comments on her video.

3. andrewberkshire says:

The thread was deleted because Matraque suggested that the young girl who made the video shouldn’t be cheering for Price, but for Halak. Because apparently we have the right to tell people who they should like.

4. ShangaDoo says:

Nice video, Madison.

I want Carey to succeed soo badly, it’t not normal.

5. Le Jadester says:

Wow ! Funny how a 14 year old’s art and expression can really put some things into perspective.

“Very Good. Nice job kiddo “

Habs, OLE !

6. BKAK72 says:

I hope the CANADIENS P.R. DEPT watches this video and offers Madison an opportunity to create a team video to be played at the Bell Ctr during the first intermission.  Excellent work and fantastic support at such a young age for a (future) great goalie – yup, I’m a fan of PRICE too!

— I will not apologize for being a delirious HABS fan! —

7. JohnnyBEast says:

Great video, nice work kiddo!

8. badangel says:

That was SO perfect! Excellent job!!! Loved the pics going with the lyrics!!!!

Brilliant!!!!! 😀

9. ZepFan2 says:

Wow, that was excellent. Great editing and song choice. Everything fits great.

Good job, Madison! Hope you plan on making more.

———————————————————–

Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.”
    – Sam Pollock

10. gohabzzzz says:

Now that’s a good tribute, very dramatic, but Carey Price’s season has been anything but dull this year.

Tis never a dull game with the habs… 🙂

11. itpf says:

nice pics and apt song to put them to!

12. habs03 says:

Great job on the vid Madison. I hope the Habs pick the goalie which is best for the team in the short run and in the long run too, I don’t have the skills to know who that will be, but I hope its Price.

13. christophor says:

stop.

thats not the point of this thread. go to the next one.

14. MikeMcLaren says:

I’ll add to the chorus here – excellent work, Madison!

Nice song selection, nice photo selection and as others have said – well edited to the lyrics… the Gainey/Price “I put my TRUST in you” juxtaposition was brilliant!

Keep cheering for your heroes and cheering for the team.  I was 21 when Patrick Roy was traded and it still crushed me as though I were a kid, but I stayed loyal to team.  I hope you do the same if Carey leaves the Canadiens.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

15. buddha492 says:

this is actually the best compilation video ive ever seen. the video was perfectly edited to the music. wtg madison.

Go Habs Go!!!!!!

16. Top Corner says:

Awesome Job Madison !!!

GO HABS GO

17. matraque says:

Great job.

Too bad the mods don’t want me to post the kick ass Halak compilation i found on the thread.  Anyways, just search youtube and you will probably find it.

——

Komisarek: 0 – 4 – 4 (-9)

18. Fansincebirth says:

Awesome job Madison, absolutely awesome.

I am a big Price fan and want to see him succeed as a Hab as do you.

19. Chris says:

Wow.  That is a really awesome video.  Much better than anything I could have imagined putting together when I was 14.  It is so crazy how talented today’s youth are with the internet and multimedia.

I’m glad that Madison got to meet Carey Price at the autograph signing.  I guess I wasn’t all that surprised to see that the fact that Price stayed long past his scheduled time to make sure every kid went home with an autograph got passed up.  A lot of these kids are doing unbelievable things in the NHL when you factor in the pressure and the expectations that are on them.  It would be nice if more people would follow Madison’s lead and recognize that the vast majority of NHL players are guys of whom we can all be proud.

20. SeriousFan09 says:

Brooks Laich gets the rebound in front of the net, 3-2 Capitals FTW, Bruins are 1 point behind now with OT point.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

21. Harani says:

Booins lose in OT!

“I gotta feeling…that tonight’s gonna be a good night!”

22. Bill J says:

Great job Madison – I have a few I’ve made myself (youtube username billandmony, one of which is posted on careyprice.com.  You have a talent, keep at it 🙂

Excellent choice of music, and well edited to the music.

No matter where he plays, Price will be a great goalie.  I, like you hope he still wears the CH for a long, long time 🙂

23. SeriousFan09 says:

Nice video.

Effin’ Capitals, bums can’t do anything to help us out, Ruins are getting a loser point at the least.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

24. habs_girl says:

Great job Madison !! I’m a huge Carey Price fan too and i loved your video, I’m sure when he sees it he’ll love it too 🙂

«´¨`·.¸¸ *Go Habs Go* .¸¸.·´¨`»

25. Chorske says:

I think this is awesome.

26. Habonic Plague says:

Excellent video Madison!!!  Awesome song too – love Linkin Park lyrics.  I too am a Price fan – he will be a top tier goalie in the future, just needs a little more time.

27. Mickeyy says:

Great Job Madison! I think Carey Price will be a great goalie one day! You picked a good guy to be your idol!

Saku you’ll always be #1

28. ManApart says:

Why was it deleted? I saw it earlier. Is it not respectful or somethimg? Pretty ridiculous considering some of the stuff that isn’t deleted on here.