A summer of love, golf and hard work for Habs’ Prust

Rugged Canadiens forward Brandon Prust and his girlfriend, Quebec television personality Maripier Morin, celebrated their third anniversary on Thursday.

“It’s been 3 years today that I have the joy to call you my boyfriend. Thanks for making me the happiest girl on earth,” Morin tweeted, linking an Instagram photo of the floral arrangement Prust had sent her.

At the same time, Prust was teeing it up in the alumni golf tournament of the London Knights, for whom he had played four seasons of major-junior hockey.

“That,” Prust told The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs on Friday with a laugh of his having been golfing with the boys on his anniversary, “is why I sent the flowers.”

But Prust’s summer of love and golf has also included lots of hard work while rehabbing tender ribs and a battered left shoulder from last season.

The good news for the Canadiens is that Prust (shown in photo above with Morin, centre, and Anne-Marie Withenshaw) says he’s in great shape five weeks from the start of training camp.

The ribs are “all better,” he said, “healed up after I took about five weeks before I started testing them out.”

(Gazette file photo/Peter McCabe)

A summer of love, golf and hard work for Habs’ Prust, by Dave Stubbs

Trainers marvel at Prust’s work ethic, by Dave Stubbs

Penguins hire Jacques Martin as assistant coach, montrealgazette.com

Patrick Roy behind bench is Avalanche X-Factor, NHL.com

Habs prospect Fucale backstops Canada to junior win over Sweden, montrealgazette.com

Second straight Stanley Cup for McGill grad Kompon, by Brenda Branswell

1. Habitant in Surrey says:

Intrepid Prediction Number 242: …not ONE Montreal journalist will touch the Nilan-Bulger story with a 10 foot pole :)

2. hansolo says:

About the kid who died in hockey camp today — could we please, out of respect for him and his dad (who apparently was in the stands), just try to get his name right? It was Jordan Boyd, correct? Not Justin.

3. Habitant in Surrey says:

…what a hoot !!! …I and My Kidz SURVIVED !!!

…sunburned as all get-out …and down over $ 300 …but fun, fun, fun

…the Canadian Rockies in the summer …can’t beat it !

…well, ….I guess Tahiti, Koh Samui or even Hawaii can give it a run for it’s money :) …but spectacular beauty all-around You

…sitting now in an IHOP …eating what My doctor forbade My diabetic bod never to re-experience again

…well, I’ll only live once !

…ahhh, the purpose of post, You ask ?

…yes,well, …Whitey Bulger, the Bawston gang boss just found guilty of still uncounted murders and other acts of perfidy it’s hockey team has emulated to perfection over decades, had close to a million bucks in his California hide-out at his capture while on the lam for years seized plus other valuables

…Bulger told the court they can have everything, but don’t take away My (Montreal Canadiens) Stanley Cup ring

:) …some wondered who gave him the ring ?

…how about Our own Chris Nilan ? (whose first wife Karen Stanley was the daughter of Bulger’s then-girlfriend, Teresa Stanley)

• 25insight says:

Koh Samui is probably the nicest place I’ve ever been in my life. The culture is so vibrant and uniquely oriental…although the canadian rockies are see as one of the most beautiful places in the world, the culture is what really captivated my imagination in Koh Samui. Hawaii is American Paradise with a splash of Aboriginal culture :)

4. JTT says:

Justin RIP – The Hockey world and your community will miss you …

ATTENTION PLEASE, SUMMIT 2nd PHASE!

I need you to e-mail me, your numbers attending the two events below! If you have not done so yet.
    So that I can make your reservations for the Breakfast and the Baton Rouge Raffle Banquet.

HIO HOTEL Discount rates!:: Book your rooms as soon as you can. 1 to 4 nights are available to HIO members. Walking distance to all events.

There are about 19 HIO rooms left.
    CALL 1-866-861-6112

Summit game tickets, News, Pictures and comments

6. Marc10 says:

@SlovakHab

Sorry for the late reply!

Yeah dude. Been in Sydney for the past 10 years. The city was at its finest on Sunday. Tough break on the injury.

I hadn’t run the course in 4 odd years. It was a tough slog to the beach but I did beat our would-be prime minister by 4 minutes to the finish… (Sure he had a debate that night and ran the course with a blind man… and he’s a triathlete… but I still beat him! LOL!)

Let’s do beers when the season starts. They still have Hockey Nights in North Sydney I think… Cheers!

7. Izzy says:

The Leafs announced that everything in their trophy case has been stolen. The police are searching for a man with a blue carpet.

After Emelin hits you, you get coloring books for christmas……

8. Mavid says:

One of the guys at work knew that kid that died..so sad

9. HabFanSince72 says:

British cooking has improved but it is still on average leaps and bounds behind almost every other civilized country. That being said I wouldn’t say no to a home cooked meal from Nigella Lawson, if it was followed by a long cuddle on her sofa.

There’s a nice movie / TV series with a British foodie theme called The Trip, that I highly recommend. It has the great Steve Coogan in it as a food writer.

• Mavid says:

I am going there in July 2014, our nephew is getting married..if the food is crappy that may be good..keep me from eating too much..never been to England..we plan to visit Scotland were my grandparents are from (Inverness) and France while we are there..