A second NHL team in Toronto…

Shouldn’t they get one team first?

1. yehaken says:

Did you read the TSN article? Maybe the NHL should give unemployed hedge fund managers a team too; they seem quite keen on bringing more hubris-filled losers who have confused wealth with intelligence, decadence with integriy, and shiny red cars sports cars with their own tiny…well, you get the idea

2. HabFab says:

As they would be located in Toronto, they would have to be the Toronto Morons.

Sorry ,my bad.Must have made a typo…NOT!

3. habs100years says:

Two teams in Toronto? You have to be kidding,…

Sure New York maybe has two professional teams, but they are in different leagues.

How do you match up a game Toronto Maple Leafs vs Toronto (whatever name they choose here). Who do you root for? Torontonians will become divided and their loyalty for the Leafs will shift to the new team.

Perhaps Toronto is so frustrated not winning a Cup since 1967, and at the way things are developing of late, may not hoist the Cup for another 5-10 years, want better odds in winning Lord Stanley, so they want another team in TO.

I wonder who this govenor was who suggested this idea? I am not a betting man, but I would guess he is a Leafs fan.

They may have the funds, resources and the population to support another NHL team in toronto, but why is the NHL thinking about expansion when some of its 30 teams are struggling to survive?

God I hope I don’t see any future matchups between two Toronto teams because it will be a hugh joke and I won’t be laughing!!!

(BETTMAN, GO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BACKYARD FIRST BEFORE YOU START BUILDING A NEW YARD)

==========================================================================
    Celebrating 100 Years of Montreal Canadiens Hockey
    Celebrate with Us!!! Stats, Stories, Polls and a whole lot more…
    ========================

4. Reza says:

The NHL board of governors must be feeling the effects of the crisis in the US, otherwise they will push for US side expansion or investment till it becomes illegal and punishable by law.

5. Habsrule1 says:

They had one, they lost it…move on.

That’s ridiculous. They lost it because of bad management and lack of sponsors. If businesses stepped up financially, a team could survive no problem. They have the fan base, so the fans deserve a team.

See Montreal Expos.

“I can’t hear what Jeremy(Roenick) is saying because my Stanley Cup rings are in my ears” – Patrick Roy

Go Habs Go!!

Habsrule

6. HABZ24 says:

o.m.g toronto’s so full of it self they think they deserve another nhl team.what a joke.they cant even build a half decent team thats been in the league for ever as it is.expansion to europe is a joke also.30 teams are allready plenty.fold up the money losing teams we have now and put them in winnipeg or que city.

7. Chorske says:

Whatever happened to Hamilton as a destination? Did that get shot down because of Buffalo?

I don’t want another expansion team, the league is diluted anough already. What I would like to see is for Nashville or Pheonix to get moved. They don’t draw the crowds, and they’re not in Hockey markets.

I don’t think Quebec City deserves a team. They had one, they lost it, I’d say move on. Same goes for Winnipeg.

I think Ontario could support another team. Heck, New York State alone supports three teams- four if you stretch to include the Devils in Newark. Shouldn’t be too hard for hockey mad Ontario to do the same.

8. Dee says:

If you want to have a good laugh go to CBC.You have to read the comments about T.O getting another hockey team the comments are hilarious.I have a new name for the new team HOG-DOGS.

Habs Fan 4 Ever & Ever Amen.

9. Puck Bard says:

Great idea: Call them The Montreal Maroons, get Doug Jarvis to coach, and watch them beat the hell out of the Leafs.

10. coutNY says:

BAA..Dum..bump..tishhhhhhhh

11. FuzE_gus says:

Are you allowed 2 centers of the hockey universe? :P

With Regards from FuzE_gus

12. Skotbot says:

Maybe from a pool of 60 odd players they can make an “A” sqaud to play in the league, and split the points. Should be an improvement…

Oh and thats what has been holding Mats back.. he wanted to play in Toronto, but not for the Laffs.. so the city is gonna get him his own team.

Toronto No-Hearts
    Toronto Spoilers
    Toronto whatdoyoumeanwerenotthebestcityincanada
    Toronto atleastwearebetterthantheleafs

and they can change the city slogan to:

Hey not all cities can say they have TWO underachieving NHL teams.

What a joke…

Do I listen to pop music because I am miserable?
    Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?

13. JLa30 says:

I think Toronto is desperate to get a Cup. I guess they haven’t figured out that the Hockey Hall of Fame is just 2 blocks away from the ACC.

But on the flip side, maybe I could actually get tickets for a Habs game in Toronto. Assuming that most of the tickets for the new team don’t get sold to Corporate people who don’t show up or make business deals during the game.

14. arcosenate says:

I have a feeling it would be a Roughriders vs. Rough Riders situation. An identical, shadow organisation of incompetence in Toronto. The Maple Leafs vs. the Maple Leaves.

15. Exit716 says:

Interesting to see what happens though. Face it, with the dollar now at 82 cents, the big six aren’t going to be bringing in the cashola to prop up Bettman’s sun belt pet projects. Despite his outright lies about the state of the NHL’s finances, he has to be very concerned that some of these bottomless pits are going to fold.

16. DMAN says:

I guess in the Toronto Fans mind it does improve your chances. If the Leafs finish dead last and the new team finishes second last they can pick the better team to root for.

17. ice_queen says:

A 2nd team in Toronto? Is this some kind of practical joke? Because it’s really, and by really I mean extremely, NOT funny.