A road W!

Pat Hickey’s game story

Quotes from the room

About last night …

All-Star game adds to Price’s workload

• Arpon Basu on Benoit Pouliot

• Pierre Ladouceur’s game analysis

Before Travis Moen and James Wisniewski were teammates:

1. showey47 says:

Tomas plekanec’s rookie year in hamilton on a much better team then eller played on last year. They were both the same age(20) in their rookie years in the ahl. Pleky also played 7 more games.

gp77 g19 a27 pts46

2. RJB says:

“Norah Jones has one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard. She is absolutely incredible to listen to. So talented, she should be a superstar…alas people prefer “Ke$ha”

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    – Bilbo Baggins

3. punkster says:

Here we go, no particular order but the top:

Keith Jarret – My Foolish Heart

Trio Esperanca – Aquarela Do Brasil

Miles Davis – Someday My Prince Will Come

Joe Henderson – Isfahan

Dixe Chicks – Lanslide

Courtyard Hounds – Skyline

La Sonora Carruseles – Ave Maria Lola

Roy Ayers – Everybody Loves The Sunshine

Stevie Ray Vaughan – Little Wing

Cantamilia – Tranquility Base

Isaac Delgado – Son De Cuba A Puerto Rico

Mile Davis – I Fall In Love Too Easily

Bizet: Carmen – Votre Toast, Je Peux Vous Le Rendre (Toreador Song)

Bob Marley – Could You Be Loved

4. SPATS says:

Excellent article on Pouliot by Basu. One could also say excellent article on Darche by Basu. Is it me? Or is Darche really as good as I’ve been wondering for 2 years now.

When we got Pouliot for Latendresse last year, I was floating thru here when I noticed a live feed of a Bulldogs game and decided to open the link to see Pouliot (just back from his wrist injury) teamed up with Darche and both of em were lighting it up. Darche had a hat trick and Pouliot had at least one and several helpers. I remember posting a query about “who is this Darche guy and maybe we should be looking at calling him up?” Several of you told me he was a career AHL’r and not worthy, someone called him Darchebag etc… Any how, my gut told me (and I have a 44″ waist) that Darche might be called up as well.

It’s a nice story that I hope will have a happy ending. I believe we are now witnessing the birth of a great coach in Darche. Let’s put an A on him asap. He doesn’t whine when he’s sent to the pressbox and he picks himself up and dusts himself off when he gets flattened (see last night) A true leader by example, and a very bright bilingual McGill Man. Boone you should be proud!

5. Mattyleg says:

So there’s sand in Mike G’s eye. Auld came through for us. Hope G’s feeling better about our backup now.

Disgustingly, TO are looking pretty durn good. Their overpaid defence still sucks, but their forwards are putting the puck on the twine with regularity. We could take some pages from their book.

P’burg look dreadful without Captain Cry. Let’s pound ’em tonight!!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

6. 23 HABS 23 says:

I suppose you are right!  And maybe Bugs was on to something when he said I went hard on you with that post – it was not my intention … I just had to make a decision as to whether I go into work or stay home and take in a HABS game (the Habs are more important to me than OT – but if they are not playing … might as well have the money).  No hard feelings I hope SmartDog – I have only  adversary on this Forum … MontrealAthiest … and that is one too many … I come here for Habs updates and to read / respond to others’ opinions and views – and normally not in a negative way … so I will keep it cool!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

7. Mark C says:

Is it cool if we use this joke with Halak this year, seeing that his SV% is now lower than Price’s last year?

8. LA Loyalist says:

Good on the guys and good on Auld, especially, it is beyond hard to come in cold like that as a goalie, I’ve done it. In the old days you got a few warm up shots, now? Nada.

9. SmartDog says:

Born to Run has a great double-sleeve too.  Sweet.

10. LA Loyalist says:

Last year Price would have jumped in front of the bus to stop it but it would have gone through his legs!

11. SmartDog says:

Wow.  Gonzo Canadiana.  I’m with you for about half (the Hip, Junkies, Lightfoot)… but a good list.

12. SmartDog says:

You opened the door yourself on that one.

Keep it cool brother.

13. twocents says:

Oh sweet pick ups. Especially Pet Sounds. That’s worth a ton of money if it’s mono.

14. 23 HABS 23 says:

Really?!!  You would do that for me?  I mean could you do it at all is the real question … I have never had any “run-ins” with you before on this Forum SmartDog – and I certainly was not looking for confrontation … but I will be sure to let you know when I am around Funny Tough Guy!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

15. joeybarrie says:

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

16. 23 HABS 23 says:

Thanks Malreg … just the info I was looking for!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

17. joeybarrie says:

BUT the best thing about the TO winning streak is they are looking good to NOT be in the bottom 5…

You also are selling Toronto’s Playoffs run short. They have a game in hand against us…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

18. Rugger says:

Most of what i listen to are live recordings, so I keep a lossless version before I convert to MP3 for the ipod.  One can never have enough versions of “Dark Star”.

19. jennifer1984 says:

ok i will TRY to have patience. i did it last night but i think its because it was too big, so i resized this morning

20. jennifer1984 says:

haha of course!!! makes me smile too.

21. twocents says:

Re-Issues never match up to original pressings. Though some re-issues can be better than later pressings of older records. In some cases the masters used for pressing got overused and so forth and fifth pressings of popular titles were considerably degraded. For example I have a ’70’s pressing of Dylan’s “Blonde On Blonde” and while most of the record sounds good, “Sad Eyed Lady of The Lowlands” is awful sounding.

As for new records of new music, it can be hit and miss. The problem is, a lot of expertise was lost during the years where vinyl pressings were minimal. That and the fact that MP3’s and other digital formats have led many artists to not really give a shit about how well their music is recorded because the subtleties are not appreciated by most listeners.

22. jennifer1984 says:

awwwwww Gordon Lightfoot.

good memories. used to eat brunch listening to gordon. back in our hometown, and when my in-laws would visit we would always have it on.

then we moved…..and i do not like it here.

23. fbkj says:

give it a day or so

24. joshua94k says:

No Markov, No Gorges, No Price, No Cammalleri, No Problem!

The Habs keep on battling through adversity. I can’t recall too many instances where a team has lost their top two defencemen and continue to win. Add to this, they are without their top goalie and best goal scorer and yet, they came back from behind again and won.

However media reports kept on saying that the Rangers were facing several injuries. Not much about Montreal’s injuries.

Great game by Darche, Pouloit, Auld and the rest. However, the Canadiens have to keep on playing as a team. They are still in a battle for the division title and for 8th place despite their unbeaten streak. They have to find ways to score more goals and help their goalies. Auld played excellent last night.

Unlike the Toronto media, who are on cloud nine during the Leafs winning streak, the fact is, they have only gained one point during their streak and are still 11 points out of a play-off spot.

25. jennifer1984 says:

it will change right away and all my posts will change, and then in 5 minutes, its back to the old one.

26. shiram says:

Yup the new singer they got in The Gathering doesnt work for me.

27. shiram says:

Cammy not back according to rds. Crosby either.

28. Mattyleg says:

Tragically Hip

Arcade Fire

Bon Iver

Jean Leloup

Chick Corea

The Commodores

Cowboy Junkies

Dave Brubeck Quartet

Gordon Lightfoot

Iron and Wine

Jose Gonzales

Van Halen

John Coltrane

…I’m all over the goddamn map…

—Hope Springs Eternal—