A road W!

Pat Hickey’s game story

Quotes from the room

About last night …

All-Star game adds to Price’s workload

• Arpon Basu on Benoit Pouliot

• Pierre Ladouceur’s game analysis

Before Travis Moen and James Wisniewski were teammates:

mHqVssOZeyE

1. Mattyleg says:

There’s nothing worse than everyone laughing while you’re trying to be serious, eh?

Man, that must really suck for you.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

2. jennifer1984 says:

interesting. never saw that one.

i do love Of Montreal though.

3. Mattyleg says:

…aaaaannd point Smartdog.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

4. jennifer1984 says:

this is true.

most of the stuff we have is pretty early, thats why.

what i’m afraid of when buying vinyl is getting the new stuff.

we have a copy of Them Crooked Vultures on vinyl and the sound isnt great……sucks.

so im always nervous to buy the new stuff

5. jennifer1984 says:

i have to say, i did think it was funny. made me chuckle

6. Strabo says:

Lars Eller stats in the AHL last year, he could use more time. It’s not like he lit the joint up there.

2009-2010

Peoria Rivermen-AHL

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” Albert Einstein

7. twocents says:

The mono over stereo thing is not always straightforward. It’s a matter of which mix the artist paid more attention to. For example you can get a mono mix of “Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” but you’d be missing a large chunk of the artistry involved in making the record. In fact, most rock records released after ’67 were designed for stereo and sound better that way. ’67 and before, the Mono mixes are usually better, though not always for ’66-’67. Before that, it is straightforward mono were the better recordings.  Anything that is electronically enhanced stereo is garbage.

8. joeybarrie says:

Pyatt brings alot to this team, so i wouldn’t think he will go down. As Krob pointed out, Boyd will have to go thru re-entry waivers to come back up so it’s doubtful he is an option either. I think Eller and DD will probably fight for the extra spot until the end of the season.

DOESNT MATTER CAUSE CAMMI IS BACK TONIGHT……

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. Bugs says:

I thought it was funny…

Forwards climbin over Gill’s body to get outta the ravine; I can picture it.

You’re bein harsh with the Pup a bit, I think.

Regularly quadrilateral, I square off as

L. Bugs Potter, esq., Herzog of ze Abominable Habsuchtig Brigade, Markgraf of ze Fearsome Flanell Flausen Flank, und devoted minion of ze Habsbros Order: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

10. fbkj says:

japanese metallica beatbox ^_^

11. habs4ever2894 says:

Wiz Khalifa

Mac Miller

Kid Cudi

Kanye West

J Cole

Chiddy bang

Lupe Fiaso

Wale

12. shiram says:

Yup its metal, and I cant believe i left off Opeth on my list, a great prog metal band!

13. SmartDog says:

Since you like it so much, next time you’re around let me know and I’ll give you that kick in the groin.

——-

14. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

What would be wrong with the Habs bringing Boyd and White up and sending Eller and Pyatt to Hamilton ? Eller needs more minutes to develope and he will not get it with JM at the helm.I like Eller but feel he would be better off in Hamilton. Just a thought…

15. SmartDog says:

Is that metal?  I don’t know ANY of it.

——-

16. shiram says:

too bad its blocked here…

17. fbkj says:

green day and tool are of the same era dude

you have to know… sober…

18. SmartDog says:

I’m mostly stuck in the late 70′s-early 90′s when I had more time!

Newer music needs to reach me through friends or happenstance to get through.  I “discovered” Green Day on a diner booth jukebox in the late 90′s, one of my favorites now but I never listen to the radio so wouldn’t even know them without that.

——-

19. jennifer1984 says:

really? i did not know they sold a song to them. mmmm now i want a bloomin onion!

20. Malreg says:

They landed in Montreal at 1 a.m last night/this morning.

21. jennifer1984 says:

a lot of the music i listen to is a lot of indie stuff.

MGMT are my fav……but not the “anthems” like kids and time to pretend which most people know.
    and i enjoy reading articles about how cocky and rude the band is. My siste and I met them earlier this year and they were the most chill, down to earth people i have ever met. we were chattin and their manager was taking pics of my sisters one tattoo, tellin us stories about how the came up with stuff, pretty rad.

oh and listen to Mumford and Sons….british folk rock. absolutely amazing. Little Lion Man was their first single. Check out songs like Roll Away Your Stone, and The Cave.

let me know what you think.

22. twocents says:

I never stopped either. Still the best way to hear and enjoy recorded music.

23. twocents says:

“Who Knows Where the Time Goes” is matchless.

24. jennifer1984 says:

my boyfriend and i are buying vinyl.

for christmas he found me a mint copy of the beatles- rubber soul (original)
    we have a vinyl book that gives us values of the records and stuff….we only buy originals, no reproductions and prefer mono over stereo.

nothing beats the sound of vinyl…..nothing

25. 23 HABS 23 says:

I was trying to get a serious response … I tried to laugh (even smile) at your post … but it came up miles short … the post was about as useful as a kick in the groin!  Thanks for nuthin’ SmartDog!  Keep the jokes coming though … I think you might get top line minutes if you keep at it and give it your all!

Again, thanks for your poor attempt at humour!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

26. Everlasting1 says:

More recently..

Amorphis

Melechesh

Keep Of Kalessin

Pain

Nightwish

Opeth

Children Of Bodom

Lacuna Coil

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

27. fbkj says:

how could you not know tool?

or of montreal’s snappy song they sold to the outback steakhouse?

28. Rugger says:

I agree with you, Sandy Denny, God rest her soul, was, is and always will be the greatest female vocalist ever.  One of the highlights of my live music experiences was seeing Richard Thompson join Fairport at the Newport Folk Festival in the early 1990′s for the first time on this side of the ocean since he left the band.

29. SmartDog says:

Until you get to the White Stripes, I don’t know any of that.  What in there is most like my list?

——-

30. SmartDog says:

Did you miss the news?  Cammallerri was traded!

And the bus driver had a heart attack, Price had to jump behind the wheel but they went over a cliff.  Gill had to let the forwards climb down his body to safety.

It’s been quite a morning!

——-

31. SmartDog says:

Did you see The The at the Specturm with Jonny Marr?   Great show.  Matt Johnson is so dark but without the melodrama of similar stuff.

——-

32. SmartDog says:

Yeah, good list.

——-

33. bigjames says:

the the still an all time fav of mine. no ipod here, i am still buying vinyl!

34. fbkj says:

also a great site to dl wavs to turn into bitchin iphone ringtones

35. twocents says:

Huh, Rugger, I remember exchanging comments with you about Neil Young a couple of years ago. I love him. It’s interesting to see how much crossover our tastes have. From that list I share an appreciation for Dylan(very much so), the Byrds, some Wilco and most interestingly British folk. I don’t meet a ton of people who like that stuff.

I think Fairport Convention from “What We Did on Our Summer Holidays” to “Full House” are amazing. Sandy Denny is one of the greatest female vocalist ever. I love the first 5 Steeleye Span records, the first best, I think . Pentangle is dazzling, “Cruel Sister” being my favourite. Select Richard Thompson records knock me out, specifically “I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight”. I love John Martyn. I like Nick Drake. The Incredible String Band. I also enjoy any solo stuff I’ve heard from Bert Jansch and John Renborne.

I also like a ton of other stuff that’s totally different.

36. 23 HABS 23 says:

Sorry guys … was out this morning … any word on whether the HABS were able to make it home for the Penguins game?  I read some stuff about Cammi out for optional skate … but he stayed home … please let me know … if no game … I will go in to work on OT.  Thanks guys!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

37. Da Hema says:

Where/how do you find sites like that?

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

38. joeybarrie says:

The Sens don’t have very many forward prospects. I have to say their cupboard is bare in that regard. This season will help however, I fully expect them to secure a top 5 draft pick (hopefully at Toronto’s and Boston’s expense).

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

39. shiram says:

Eller to Hamilton as soon as Cammy is back on the ice? I think it could happen, and it could do some good for Eller. Yes its probably not a great feeling being sent down, but then he would at least get to play legitimate ice time, and probably get used on pp and/or pk.

With the injuries we have, the lacking offence and the tightness of the race for the playoffs, JM tries to play a mistake free game and with our lack of offence we cannot allow too much chances for the opposition to distance themselves from us on the scorecard,  Eller was told to watch out and avoid the bad penalties, and he goes and gets one when on the top line, you just can’t reward that…

Eller is a project, and he will surely evolve into a much better player with time and experience. He is only 21, and kinda like MaxPac last year, the time in the A could do him tons of good. But beyond that it is up him to step it up, work hard and make his way into the gameplan of the coach.

DD shows some flash of greatness, but you gotta wonder, can the guy really be a top 6 forward? Some more games are in order for him, let him get as good a chance has Eller had.

AK46 well, he did seem to like playing on the third line, that could be a revelation…

40. jennifer1984 says:

does it for me!

41. Hobie Hansen says:

The best scenario for the Habs and Benoit Pouliot is if the team were to go out and acquire a couple more bodies. In my opinion, Pouliot is a great 3rd line player so he should stay where he has a little less pressure on him and where he can continue to do his thing.

Montreal has tried turning him into a top six forward and he always seems to have mixed results. If you play him on a third line with a couple other guys around his talent rage I think good things could happen.

All of us HIO dudes have talked about the Habs getting nastier to play against for the 4 years I’ve been a member here, and it continues.

The Stanley Cup Champion New York Rangers and Detroit Red Wings of the 1990s come to mind when speaking of that issue. In the Rangers case, they added Glen Anderson to their top six and a few grinders, Stephane Matteau, Brian Noonan and Craig MacTavish to complete their team.

The Red Wings acquired the total package, Brendan Shanahan to put them over the top.

I think Montreal either has to go the Detroit route and acquire a top quality power forward that can change the face of a team or a bunch of grit with a bit of scoring touch like the Rangers.

42. avatar_58 says:

Cammy gives you a buzz in your pants does he?

43. fbkj says:

rds app just buzzed in my pants, cammy is at the optional practice

44. Propwash says:

The Sens are just a trainwreck. And I thought Toronto was bad, well, they still are.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

45. Bugs says:

Corey Locke’s been called up to Sens.

Go get’em, kid…uhh.., I mean, man.

Happy New Year, signed

46. Storm Man says:

I will just list the bands.

Zeppelin

Metallica

Tool

Iron Maiden. what the hell else do you need when you are at the gym.

“I have never failed at anything in my life so far… TripleX 12/23/2010 16:34pm”

47. jennifer1984 says:

i like what you’ve got there!

48. jennifer1984 says:

i have so many songs in my 3 ipods it’s not even funny….but as for what i listen to most…..i’ll list the bands

mgmt
    tool
    white stripes
    bob dylan
    elton john
    beatles
    katy perry…oh yes i do

i could continue……..there are a lot.

49. Rugger says:

Dead, Dylan, CCR, CSNY, Byrds, Canned Heat, lots of British Isles Folk music, & British Blues (John Mayall, early Fleetwood Mac) more recent stuff includes Norah Jones, Wilco.

50. shiram says:

Can I just list bands? I will just list bands…

Faith no more

51. Everlasting1 says:

Word.

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

Don’t pollute the water.

52. SmartDog says:

What’s in YOUR IPod?

I’ve been listening to Plek’s selections. I love the player, thought I’d check out his music, some of it’s excellent, (some too whiny for me but he seems to like radio stuff).   So thought I’d post my list.

I put the newer stuff first (there’s a lot of older stuff). I’d be VERY surprised if anyone knows it all….

100 Years – Five for Fighting
    Don’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds
    Basket Case – Green Day
    Kate Bush – Hounds of Love
    Madness – One Step Beyond
    Perfect Day – The The
    Over the Hills and Far Away – Led Zeppelin

Don’t be shy!  What’s in YOURS?

——-

53. joeybarrie says:

What is keeping me from thinking of him as a first line player is exactly that. He is struggling to be a full impact player. However he has the ability, and a player like Pouliot might just take a bit of time to find consistency. He has yet to play a full season, so that doesn’t help. I think his move here to Montreal has been a good one, and he now is showing he understands there is more to his game than producing goals. He is getting good coaching here and help from his teammates. I think he is 2nd line material. Not first.

I do not think we will see Pouliot fade away again this season. I don’t think he will be a point a game player for the rest of the season, but as he gets more time on the ice, he will be a positive for us. We do need to be realistic. EVEN AK has learned that his low production doesnt mean he cant play a defensive type of game.

I know we really think poorly of JM, but he is a coach who makes players understand they have different roles to play and he teached them to have defensive responsibility. Sometimes that hurt the production a bit, but it help the player in the long run. More responsible and less dumb mistakes.

Try to understand too, we have had Pouliot for 2 half seasons and one Playoff. This isn’t enough to judge where his career is going. Lapierre had more ice time than Pouliot did during the playoffs. Moore had more than AK. Thats the type of coach JM is, he wants something specific and gives you time when you do it correctly. Give Pouliot till the end of the season to find his game. Most players, even underacheivers, find their game at his age, and with regular consistency. He has won JM over with his play so far this season, as he has not been scratched once. He is doing something right. He also has top two line points on this team and he is doing it with 3rd line minutes.

ALL GOOD SIGNS FOR THE FUTURE. Will he be a 30+ goal a season player and consistenly put up 60+ points? I doubt it, but he wont be far off. And thats still pretty good.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

54. habs63 says:

good fight

I like the announcer. “now they’re in a full blown debate” lol

55. krob1000 says:

exactly my point…..if you are young…and ahave the inevitable off games…you get demoted…if you are gomez, gio, cammi, etc or Spatch, Hammer, Gill on D…you are autmoatically assumed to get top minutes and the best linemates, situations,etc.  I was happy to see JM throwing out the workers who were working…he has done it on this last stretch and has been rewarded…maybe it is finally hitting home? I hope so..but history tells me not to get too excited about it.

56. RJB says:

“Norah Jones has one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard. She is absolutely incredible to listen to. So talented, she should be a superstar…alas people prefer “Ke$ha”

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    - Bilbo Baggins

57. jimmy shaker says:

I don’t mind Pouliot on the 3rd line, and I also think Pouliot doesn’t mind as well.  He just goes out and plays without the pressure of having to produce every shift.  I think by him on the 3rd line, he doesn’t have to face the top 4 d-men of the opposing team shift after shift, and that actually insulates him and helps his game.  I think JM should keep him on the 3rd line, give him some PP time and everyone will be happy.  I say smart move, one of JM’s very very few!

Shaker

58. RS says:

Sure, everyone should be able to agree that Pouliot still has potential upside. But, part of having realistic expectations is not to crap on him when he has the inevitable weak games (or drastically reduce his icetime or sit him in the pressbox).

59. HabFanSince72 says:

Another example of stats failing to tell the whole story.

60. avatar_58 says:

I think by forcing him to work for ice time he’s staying focused. Simply giving him top 6 minutes didn’t work before

61. adamkennelly says:

for a team that is almost dead last in the league in Fighting Majors – I seem to see a lot of fight videos on HABS inside out.

I’m just saying…

maybe they should start posting videos of our guys yapping and skating away or our skilled guys getting run…

62. Bugs says:

Three-game winning streak now, all come-from-behinders. It’s wonderful to see the boys leaving it all out there. Good tidings for the near future, ask me.

A great lady once said that we should just give it up, get on down, and that little by little, we’d turn it around.

Wiser words, my friends, wiser words…

Happy New Year, signed

63. krob1000 says:

or like Gomez having a god ten game run despite everyone knowing he is a 12-15 goal guy and about a 60 pt guy…or Gio who is a 20-30 goal guy….wait that si what Ak is.  The interesting thing is Pouliot is young, big and has never had a consistent season with pp time, top line minutes….so we don’t know what his ceiling is.  That is thepoint I think people are making…Pouliot had a great run last year and got Gomez going , actually for a while there whatever line POuliot was on was our best line. Let’s also remember Pleks can make anyone good too….so why not see what Pleks can do with Poulit…we know that AK is about a 25 goal guy with Pleks and pp time…he cuold go as high 35 IMO if things go well.  We know where everyone else is…I want to know what POuliot is…especially given his status as an RFA, his age, his size, he plays physical as well and while not a fighter…..he definitely stands up for himself.  I am not basin this on two games…I have been whining about this since he poured it on earlier in the eyar…he came out oft eh gates trying to earn top minutes and opportunity….and in my mind id..but Halpern got the credit somehow.

64. RS says:

I like Pouliot. I really do. I hope he becomes a consistent top 6 guy, maybe first line material. That would be sweet. He does show flashes of that ability.

But come on folks, he plays well for two games and people are thinking that he is finally becoming that player! As Arpon points out, we have seen this before! It’s like when AK tantilizes us with a couple good games in a row. Pouliot is periodically great, then regularlly gets in a funk. Based on past experience, Pouliot is due for maybe 1-3 more strong games before fading more into the background. You know, right now, that’s not actually too bad. We just need to be realistic.

Don’t pile excess expectations on the guy!

65. krob1000 says:

you’re crazy…but yeah…that’s dumb

66. shiram says:

Auld left one softie in, and I was thinking about Mike G’s post wanting Price in, I was starting to think, we won’t be able to come back, we can’t keep coming back. But we did, and Auld stopped everything else, not a huge load of work, but the made the important saves. This is probably a boost of confidence for the player, they know they can play in front of Auld, and still win. Good for Auld, and good for the Habs, as he must play some more games.

Great to see Pouliot coming into his own, hopefully he can keep it up, as we desperately need that secondary scoring ( we need primary scoring too ).

Hopefully the plane delay, and last night’s game wont have tired out the team too much, alot of players got alot of ice time, while some got just about a night off.

67. SmartDog says:

Great artcle by Basu on Pouliot.   I like his player articles – always an insightful take.

I didn’t know that Pouliot is our leader in points per 60 minutes.  Wow.  So he hasn’t earned Martin’s confidence why?  I don’t get it.  A bottom-six player is your leader in points/time at the halfway mark…. and he doens’t deserve a chance at steady top-6 minutes.  Call me crazy, but I think that’s dumb.

——-

68. punkster says:

Here we go, no particular order but the top:

Keith Jarret – My Foolish Heart

Trio Esperanca – Aquarela Do Brasil

Miles Davis – Someday My Prince Will Come

Joe Henderson – Isfahan

Dixe Chicks – Lanslide

Courtyard Hounds – Skyline

La Sonora Carruseles – Ave Maria Lola

Roy Ayers – Everybody Loves The Sunshine

Stevie Ray Vaughan – Little Wing

Cantamilia – Tranquility Base

Isaac Delgado – Son De Cuba A Puerto Rico

Mile Davis – I Fall In Love Too Easily

Bizet: Carmen – Votre Toast, Je Peux Vous Le Rendre (Toreador Song)

Bob Marley – Could You Be Loved

***Subbang!!!***

69. SPATS says:

Excellent article on Pouliot by Basu. One could also say excellent article on Darche by Basu. Is it me? Or is Darche really as good as I’ve been wondering for 2 years now.

When we got Pouliot for Latendresse last year, I was floating thru here when I noticed a live feed of a Bulldogs game and decided to open the link to see Pouliot (just back from his wrist injury) teamed up with Darche and both of em were lighting it up. Darche had a hat trick and Pouliot had at least one and several helpers. I remember posting a query about “who is this Darche guy and maybe we should be looking at calling him up?” Several of you told me he was a career AHL’r and not worthy, someone called him Darchebag etc… Any how, my gut told me (and I have a 44″ waist) that Darche might be called up as well.

It’s a nice story that I hope will have a happy ending. I believe we are now witnessing the birth of a great coach in Darche. Let’s put an A on him asap. He doesn’t whine when he’s sent to the pressbox and he picks himself up and dusts himself off when he gets flattened (see last night) A true leader by example, and a very bright bilingual McGill Man. Boone you should be proud!

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

70. Mattyleg says:

So there’s sand in Mike G’s eye. Auld came through for us. Hope G’s feeling better about our backup now.

Disgustingly, TO are looking pretty durn good. Their overpaid defence still sucks, but their forwards are putting the puck on the twine with regularity. We could take some pages from their book.

P’burg look dreadful without Captain Cry. Let’s pound ‘em tonight!!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

71. 23 HABS 23 says:

I suppose you are right!  And maybe Bugs was on to something when he said I went hard on you with that post – it was not my intention … I just had to make a decision as to whether I go into work or stay home and take in a HABS game (the Habs are more important to me than OT – but if they are not playing … might as well have the money).  No hard feelings I hope SmartDog – I have only  adversary on this Forum … MontrealAthiest … and that is one too many … I come here for Habs updates and to read / respond to others’ opinions and views – and normally not in a negative way … so I will keep it cool!

GO HABS GO! (Let’s go get that elusive 25th Stanley Cup!)

72. Mark C says:

Is it cool if we use this joke with Halak this year, seeing that his SV% is now lower than Price’s last year?

73. Mattyleg says:

Warming the bench was Auld’s task,

So out of the spotlight he’d bask;

‘Til one day, for a change,

Got a start ‘gainst the Range,

Where he stopped pucks like guys on his mask!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

Your on top of your game this morning Matty.!

Did the team get out of N.Y. last night with the storm.?  We are going to the game tonight. And Going to Hurley’s Saturday for supper and watch the game there. Hope to see a few friendly faces for a brew.

75. Julie H says:

Love this, love the win, one more tonight boys!

♪Your cares and troubles are gone. There’ll be no more from now on. From now on happy days are here again, the skies above are so clear again. So let’s sing a song of cheer again. Happy times, happy nights, happy days are here again♪

76. Bugs says:

Quite decent.

Happy New Year, signed

Pleks playing between Pouliot and Darche should be kept together for a few games.

Ak and Camillarie on the third line.

78. Rugger says:

Pleks, Poulet & Cammy might be good against the Pens, since they do not play as physical as some other teams.

We’re not paying Cammalleri 6M to play on a 3rd line.  Just sayin’.

80. adam76 says:

Montreal Canadiens Playoff Chances

Beat Rangers 2-1, playoff odds up 5.5 to 79.1%

51 points 24-16-3

81. Mattyleg says:

That just might be the most optimistic thing I’ve ever seen from you!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

Adam – I also like the fact we are now involved in a playoff fight with the Rangers and Atlanta.  The more teams in the mix can only increase our chances.  Not trying to be melodramatic, but Saturday’s game is a bit of a four pointer against New York.

We are finally starting to see the development results from the farm team in Hamilton. Our youngsters are starting to creep onto the roster as they acclimate to the NHL level of play. They are starting to make a difference, their confidence is growing and they are learning how this J. Martin style works.

No stares on this team, just one for all and all for one every shift. They are learning that games and points can be had by shutting down the other team first and foremost. They only need 1 more than the opposition, so hold the opposition to 0 or very few.

Darche, Pouliot, P.K., Max Pac, Price, are now making a large difference and are here to stay and more are on the way.

By the end of the regular season, we will be calling them young VETS.

I think Cammy and for that matter Crosby are both out tonight again. Not sure.!

Not to worry about Adam, Matty.

It is just dame tough to get out of bed in Cole Harbor some days.      -(kidding)

86. adam76 says:

I’m turning over a new leaf.

87. adam76 says:

I can’t disagree with that!

88. notbigbird says:

In January, I find it hard to get out of bed wherever I am.

It’s all in the numbers.  A great read for those who like to dig a little deeper.

90. Bugs says:

When will my boy Poolio make 1st line ctr?

A) This year

B) Next year

C) Year after

Happy New Year, signed

91. avatar_58 says:

He should be playing with Pleks if Cammy still can’t go. If Cammy is back, demote AK46 for a game and see what happens.

92. twocents says:

B/C: Late next year, baby!

93. notbigbird says:

That spot is reserved for your favourite rookie.

94. joeybarrie says:

What I like about Pouliot is his ability. He has great hands, and good sense. He has been struggling to make it work for him consistently, because his natural ability has been his strength and he hasn’t had to develop the rest of his game until he came to Montreal.

I think of him on the left on the 2nd line. He can play on the 1st and can make the third line dangerous. I think he will pot 20 goals this season and thats pretty good for a guy who is 24 and hasn’t played a single full season yet.

My bet is he will take AK’s spot for next season….

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

95. Malreg says:

Sorry Bugsy, he floats too much to play Center.

96. Bugs says:

You ain’t answerin the dang question!

Happy New Year, signed

97. jennifer1984 says:

this year. i think he’ll at least get a chance

98. Bugs says:

Miss J, you my girl; my type of optimism…with a healthy dose of fabulation. Nothing wrong with that.

Deuce has the correct answer. It’s C), with a Maybe B) thrown in.

Best our optimism can do with data at hand.

Happy New Year, signed

99. adam76 says:

I’m worried more about the cardiac canes – but a simple way to improve the math is to just keep winning.

100. krob1000 says:

I think the Canes will overtake one of the Rangers or the Thrashers…if not both…..the Canes early season struggles were a bit of a mystery to me….as were the Rangers and Thrashers success.  Pavelec has played otherworldly and Byfuglien and Enstrom have been unbelievable but how long can your dmen be your scorers….about as long as your goaltending holds up..big ifs there.  The Rangers are just too decimated with injuries IMO…..but they should be right there all season long.  Gonna be a heck of a battle this year.

101. krob1000 says:

If Pouliot and Darche is working, try Eller at center between AK and Cammi…..at his natural position, with two scoring wingers….a simple switch that may make too much sense though. Pleks canhave his two workers and it seems they don;t want to mess with PAcioretty and gomez/Gio.

102. twocents says:

You have my agreement on this proposition.

I am for dat Rob.

I know Cups, but we do need to see what chemistry we can develope on the top two lines for when they are not effective. Just saying.

105. Bugs says:

Soobie at centre?

Hm, worth a shot, I guess. Maybe not 1st line though.

Happy New Year, signed

106. notbigbird says:

I can never outdo you, Bugs. I should give up. :)

107. krob1000 says:

Pouliot is a beast when he is interested….would it be too much to hook both he and Andrei up to some sort of remote electrical shock device to keep them going…..kind of like an electrical fence…every time they slack off you just use the demote remote and zap them…if it doesn’t work after three zaps….you demote them…I think all they need is a simple shock here and there though. anyone?

108. twocents says:

This proposal is inhumane and is likely to result in a player who is so nervous and frazzled that he will be in a rocking chair full time by the end of the season.

109. Bugs says:

They DID hook Poolio up to an “electrical shock device”. His name is Darche.

Still trying to locate one for AK though. Hard to find the suitable model for’m.

Happy New Year, signed

110. joeybarrie says:

You know the Rangers played well in the first last night. All game long actually. HOWEVER, their goal was a GREAT PASS that allowed a faster player to beat a slower player and score. 50% luck if you ask me. the pass alone had to hit a certain way on the board in order for it to come out that perfectly. But if you don’t try…

Auld did pretty good, and again our boys didn’t quit. All in all a great game.

Hopefully Eller will get another shot, but once Cammi is back I think Eller will finish out the season in Hamilton. He got some good experience and the playing time will help to develop him into a better player.

Very good morning indeed. Now let’s help the Pens slump along by kicking their A**

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

111. RS says:

Do you expect DD to stick with the Habs? Personally, I don’t think there is any chance that DD stays with the Habs for the rest of the season. Eller might get a brief stint with the Dogs, but faced with the choice of Eller and DD, the Habs will pick Eller to play more games the rest of the way.

112. krob1000 says:

instead maybe pour ice water on them a few times a period? more humane? smelling salts? I also think we should have pictures of the Pacioretty’s around to keep Max playing physical as well…..everyone cuold wear those on the shoulders of the jerseys.  To hell with advertising….we could have jerseys littered with motivational patches….a picture of ice water for Andrei and Pou, patches parents, a picture of Cammi as captain in 2014, a photo of Martin sipping Martinis on a beach somewhere becuase he is retired…there are all sorts of possible motivator patches we could use!

113. twocents says:

Now, I think you’re on to something.

114. joeybarrie says:

It’s a tough call. Desharnais hasn’t been up long enough to tell. However he wins more faceoffs than he loses and has averaged more ice time than Eller has. These are two good signs that JM has more faith in DD. Another option is seeing Boyd again. He has 11 goals in 11 games with the Dogs, and is experienced.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

115. RS says:

Good point about Boyd. If the Habs brought up Boyd and Cammi was healthy, they could put both Eller and DD in Hamilton. (Though personally I’d be happy to see Eller stay with the Habs)

116. kempie says:

Boyd has been banished to Steeltown. He shan’t return. I don’t understand why, but once JM decides that you’re banished, you’re banished real good. JM will not put Boyd on the ice even if he wins the AHL scoring title. God I hate this coach.

117. krob1000 says:

In that case we can;t recall him…he would be exposed to reentry waivers..he cleared waiverst wice but later in the season with a prorated salary, at half salary because of reentry waivers, due to teams making pushes, injuries,him playing so well down there,etc….I doubt he would clear….best to just have him play down there….try him again next year…or package him in a deal.

Spot on about Boyd, Rob.  I’d try him again next year for sure.  He’s better than guys like White and Schultz.  BTW, a good friend of mine has moved to Brockville.  I’ll have to stop in and have a beer with you in the summer when I’m on my way down the 401.

Steve

119. joeybarrie says:

You know, people give JM a real BAD RAP…

He is an excellent coach and is one of the MAIN reasons the Habs are doing well this season.

And YES the Habs are doing well this season. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND we are a top 5 team with our whole lineup. AND we do it with players who produce less than their opposition does in almost every single position.

Boston is the only other team who has been better on defense in the last two seasons and the Habs have done it with older defensemen and plenty of injuries. Just look how Gorges has progressed on our team. He didn’t play this much before JM came to town.

People have to get over their beliefs in what they THINK a player can do. Trust me WHAT JM KNOWS ABOUT COACHING CAN FIT A LIBRARY COMPARED TO ANYONE IN HERE AND MOST OF HIS CRITICS.

Are there things I would prefer he do differently???? Of course, but I know that when it comes to coaching these guys, no one should be listening to me… Thats why we post HERE and don’t make the money for these ideas we have.

I cannot EVER remember a time where most Habs fans didn’t think they OBVIOUSLY knew more than any coach we have EVER had…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

120. kempie says:

All completely valid points you make. I just feel like he’s the AK of coaches in a way. Good, but very frustrating to watch. Things like pairing all your RH Dmen together when Statch has been crying about being on the right side (although JM seems to have abandoned this now), the protracted PB duty for PK, the inexplicable love affair with MAB last year, the revolving lines, Moen in the top 6, Price on track to start 76 games, it just makes me shake my head. But you’re right, at the end of the day, he comes out with the W. It’s for this reason I’d been keeping my mouth shut, but the road trip from hell made me a bit grumpy. So long as he keeps racking up points everything is fine. I guess the real measure of success comes in the spring so we’ll see. One thing is for sure though, if this team stops winning, it becomes real easy to pile on JM.

121. Bugs says:

Well, he floats faster than everyone else skates, so I got no problem with that.

Happy New Year, signed

122. Storm Man says:

Cough cough…… I can list 6 players faster. I would take that tv back and ask for a new one btw.

“I have never failed at anything in my life so far… TripleX 12/23/2010 16:34pm”

123. Bugs says:

Yeah, that’s fine, good post, but when will he become 1st line ctr is the question.

Happy New Year, signed

124. HabFanSince72 says:

I think the Model SK74 could help Andrei, if only we hadn’t mislaid it.

125. twocents says:

Right! ’cause that model did wonders the previous 2 years.