A little more on Moen’s injury

Travis Moen’s courage is pretty much beyond dispute, missing just one game after suffering a gruesome injury Monday when his face was accidentally slashed by the skate of Ottawa’s Matt Cullen.

But here’s a little more detail on the injury:

Dr. David Mulder, the Canadiens’ chief surgeon, didn’t bother to count the sutures required to sew Moen back up, but three layers of stitching was required for a cut that literally was to the bone. Mulder had to repair muscle and subcutaneous tissue and three separate skin lacerations, finally putting an estimated 40 to 60 stitches into Moen’s forehead, eyelid and upper cheek.

Moen said Thursday, before a terrific game against Florida for which he inexplicably wasn’t named one of the three stars, that he was on the Bell Centre’s clinic table for about 40 minutes to undergo repair. The above explains why.

1. Habadabadoo says:

Hot damn, moen is a mans man….

2. iheartsaku says:

It’s impossible not to respect Moen after this one. He’s a true player! 🙂
    I’m glad he’s alright and no serious damage occurred.

———————-

Saku, a Hab forever in my heart <3

3. Willy the bum says:

Read today’s article on the update of Moen’s injury, and I must say he’s amazing.

He mentioned one time he has broken bones and was later played the next game ’cause the bones are back in place.

Now that’s pure dedication.  Wish him a great recovery.

4. WindsorHab-10 says:

Travis Moen? My definition of a true hockey player.

Plays for the love of the game & his team.

Priceless.

5. Habitant in Surrey says:

…I don’t care if We win another game this year …I love this Team for it’s courage, tenacity and professionalism

…I will remember this year’s Team for these reasons alone for a long time

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

6. 100HABS says:

So that’s why he didn’t come back in that game!! It just took Mulder too long to fix him up, then the game was over…

7. king ddd says:

that is why he should be our captain!

.::moen for captain::.

8. Peter Young says:

The Canadiens are certainly deep in players with great character.  Beyond Moen’s heroic efforts, there were, for example, Gionta’s two forechecking efforts that led to the puck going behind the opposition’s net and then to him stripping the opposition of the puck and getting a second empty net goal with a few seconds left when he could just as well have taken it easy.  Moore has been terrific, and Metropolit and Darche are the epitomy of effort.  All of this is infectious.  There isn’t a slacker left on the team.  It’s a huge turnaround from last year’s team, often accused of simply failing to give full effort.

9. P St. Pierre says:

Moen is quite the player. This guy has value because he works hard every night, but in the playoffs he and his linemates could make the difference in a series against top offensive players. He, S Kostitsyn and Moore are all very heady players who read the play so well and make a lot of smart decisions. They have excellent chemistry and are all fairly good defensively as well. At times, I find these guys the most exciting line on the team. And yeah, Moen is pretty damn tough.

10. Say Ash says:

Frankenmoen – love it.

11. Lafrich says:

Insane! I cut myself shaving, and I was out for a week…

12. soperman says:

Tough guy – I hope this doesn’t ruin his acting career.  He was electric in that episode of Corner Gas.  I really believed he was Travis Moen.  Seriously, we Habs fans are lucky to have a guy like him playing for us.

“Pusie possessed a wickedly wild shot, so inaccurate that he could not hit the province of Quebec if he was standing inside the Montreal Forum.” Dick Beddoes

13. SPATS says:

Still having difficulty accepting that he wasn’t among the stars. He was all over the ice, fearless and wreaking havoc. Imagine having Frankenmoen bearing down on you… where do I send the bill for my soiled gaunch?

14. habfan53 says:

Moen, Metropolit and Darche GREAT examples that Pyatt, Maxwell AND Lapierre can learn from