A holiday serenade

stu1

Here’s a little musical comedy gift for the season as delivered over the CBC by the world’s biggest Maple Leafs fan, who not only acknowledges his employer’s similar affinity for the Toronto team, but perfectly accompanies himself tunelessly on piano. What a brilliant talent!

To all HIO readers and friends, from this blog’s foreign correspondant,  Happy Holidays, and thanks for your continued support.

1. AndyF says:

Hey mod,

Why is my long reply (that took me 25 minutes to research) being held for moderation? The thread’s almost expired. Is HIO only about sound-bites?

And if you’re going to tell me it’s your spam filter… look at the post right above mine. Letting that one through and blocking mine is probably not the behaviour you were looking for. Something’s not working.

2. scavanau says:

Wife got me tickets to see TB @ MTL. I thought she loved me?

3. Bill says:

So much overreaction around here to the Habs present struggles. They’re in a slump, that’s it. It’s not the end of the world. Every team in the league loses a bunch in a row a couple times a season.

Not saying they’re a great team or even all that good … but I am saying they’re essentially the same level as they’ve been the past two years.

Just about everyone on the squad is under-producing. Even Price has been sub-par lately. It just can’t go on. They’re gonna come back after Christmas and string together a winning streak and voila, we’ll have an 8th place team, just like we’ve had for years.

People haven’t been putting enough rum
    in their eggnog this year or something.

Full Breezer 4 Life

4. Neutral says:

Imo: keep, Max-pac, Pleks, Cole, Kostitsyn, trade time let the remainder of the forwards disappear.

5. dre1744 says:

If the Habs do finish at the bottom and get a top 3 pick wouldn’t Mikhail Grigorenko look good in a habs jersey!!!!!!

He could be the big center the habs have been looking for he’s 6’3 and 200lbs right now!!!!!!!

• Bill says:

Don’t even dream about a high pick. First of all, if they miss the playoffs, it’ll be by a few points and they’ll finish, like, 19th. Second, if they DID somehow land a number one pick, they’d probably draft this year’s Alexandre Daigle.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• The Dude says:

Not really Bill,when the Habs unload the high priced contracts to other teams looking for a play-off edge we’ll be getting young prospects”better be!” and we will Tank ! But that’s ok as long as there’s a plan to have more of a Quebec represented team of bigger ,faster ,talented athletes who are two way fighters that don’t take sh!t and need too win constantly ..we all can wait! It’s time Bill and all of us are DONE after 19 years of this patch work, mediocre creme’ du poo poo! Bring back the FLYING FRENCHMEN and les Glorieux!

6. HabLou2 says:

Agree, agree Bobcat Bob. I always cheer, and OK swear at times, but there is always hope :) Tis the season after all.

• fastfreddy says:

I don’t want the Habs to tank the the season, but they’ve got to do something to right this sinking ship. Perhaps some key trades to change the dynamics of the team would be a start? They don’t have to trade everybody, that would be very difficult,however, they could start by trading some (one or two )players now, those that are still marketable and other teams will value. I don’t believe this current group of players will be very successful, even IF they make the playoffs.

7. theox_8 says:

merry christmas to all . Maybe cammy got a new stick and some new skates over the holidays and he can score some goals now!

8. Bobcat Bob says:

Bobcat Bob
    To the few of you who are suggesting that Canadiens tank the season, you could not be more wrong. Serious teams do not tank –they continue to play hard. With half a season to go , I don’t have any doubts at all that Canadiens will be in the playoffs and do well (like they always do). Negative Nellies please go cheer for the Leafs. To all other Hab fans a very Merry Christmas.

• The Dude says:

BLAH BLAH BLAH……………..and their’s no good french players and if they’re was they won’t sign here,BLAH BLAH BLAH………………We are only a couple of players away and with Markov we win the Cup ,blah blah blah……..And Gomez is better than DD ,blah blah blah…………….And Gainey and Gauthier are managerial geniuses,BLAH BLAH BLAH…………………….everyone,JUST STOP! And enjoy your family and friends and if you don’t gots ,make some…it’s the Holidays so have a life! The Habs a BIG PILE of ALBATROSS POO and it’s gonna get FLUSHED,no doubt about it so here cometh a rebuildith …chilleth !

• HardHabits says:

Tank or tank not… there is no suggest.

• habsnyc says:

I hope they play hard, but the past ten games or so, they have fallen off the map. They are now regularly getting blown out five on five for the first time in years.

If they revert to form and get markov, they can definately make the playoffs.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

• AndyF says:

And just making the playoffs will get us what, exactly?

I can certainly understand from a finance point of view that “just making the playoffs” will bring in $4M-$6M more, maybe. But big deal — what should you care about slightly increasing the team’s profit from $45M to $48M?

But think how much hope it will bring to be drafting within the top 3 picks at the junior draft. And how much longer the benefits of a high draft pick will last, compared to the small amount of temporary joy that a few extra post-season games will bring.

Look, it’s not like we, as fans, have any effect whatsoever on whether the Habs tank or not. But for me, I’d take the excitement of the Habs drafting high any day.

And for those who say that drafting doesn’t guarantee you a high pick… I say, that you can’t get a top-3 *unless* you tank. The Nordiques would guarantee themselves a high pick just by keeping Bergeron at the helm, for goodness sakes. There’s all kinds of ways to tank, you know.

Challenge for the die-hards: in the last 20 years, find me a team that won the Cup that didn’t go all the way down to the bottom 3 in the preceding 10 years. Detroit and NJ excluded.

• Mr_MacDougall says:

Habs 1993

NYR 1994

NJ 1995

Det 1997

Det 1998

Dallas Stars 1999

NJ 2000

Det 2002

NJ 2003

Car 2006

Anh 2007

Det 2008

Boston Bruins 2011.

I wish to include the two most successful teams that did not “tank.” So we have 13 of the past 20 Stanley Cup Champs winning without “tanking.”

So, tanking is a less useful strategy?

• HardHabits says:

Drafting high is a useful strategy. If tanking leads to a high draft pick then yes, tanking is a useful strategy.

I can tell you what isn’t a useful strategy. Finishing in the last play-off spot every year. Making it to the Conference final once in 18 years. Not retaining decent late round picks or flipping them for losses.

The litany of errors is rampant when the Habs moves are put under the microscope. They possibly made one good move in the last ten years being the Rivet trade for Gorges and Pacioretty and by the looks of things they are going to f*ck that one up too.

Draft high. Draft often. Draft well in the late rounds. Develop within. Stop trying to build via free agency with old, soft, small and over paid so called veterans.

If the Habs tank so be it.

Nothing gives me confidence that this team can pass the Rangers, Penguins, Bruins and/or Flyers.

It’s not happening this year. Nor next. Nor the one after that. Get used to it.

The Habs need a tectonic shift in personnel and identity. That can’t happen over night and that is the Habs biggest fault. They will blow their load on everything all in now even though they’re holding nothing more than a pair of Deuces.

At least tanking you can draw an Ace or a face card. Rebuild and start stocking picks and maybe you can build yourself a hand.

The Habs maybe could have had a straight or a full house by now had they been patient.

What makes me laugh hardest is how the so called real fans continue to sing the same song about once you make the play-offs anything can happen.

Look at all those winners and tell me where they placed in the league standings. I can tell you since the Conference format was introduced every team was top 5 save 3, and those 3 were top 10. A place the Habs visited once since last winning the Cup. One top 10 finish since 1994.

Backing into the play-offs as the Habs do is a recipe for failure.

Tanking is just one step upon many the Habs need to take.

• Clay says:

word!

__________________________
            “Talent is a gift from God, but you only succeed with hard work. Yvan was proof of that.” – Jean Beliveau.

• AndyF says:

I probably didn’t explain the question well enough. Apologies for that…

My premise is that, with the exceptions of NJ and Detroit, teams that draft high tend to win Cups. This should be especially true in the salary cap era. The bottom line: if you don’t ever draft high, you’ll probably not get the Cup. It’s not causal, though. You can get a lot of very high draft picks and still screw up. Example: Ottawa.

Detroit is an interesting exception because it had so many years in the league’s cellar that it had an abundance of draft momentum. Yzerman was drafted in a very strong draft year at a time when the Red Wings were called the “Dead Things”, and he ended up quarterbacking the team to a string of success.

>Habs 1993
          True.

>NYR 1994
          I forgot about them. Still, not a stellar performance the year before:
          “http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/stand/1993finaldiv.htm”

>NJ 1995
          “http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/stand/1987finaldiv.htm”

>Det 1997
          >Det 1998

>Dallas Stars 1999
          “http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/stand/1987finaldiv.htm”

>NJ 2000
          >Det 2002
          >NJ 2003

>Car 2006
          Didn’t Carolina pick Eric Staal 2nd overall in 2003?
          “http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/stand/2003finaldiv.htm”
          “http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/stand/1998finaldiv.htm”

>Anh 2007
          The Ducks got a 2nd overall pick in 2005. Also this:
          “http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/stand/2004finaldiv.htm”
          “http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/stand/2002finaldiv.htm”

>Det 2008

>Boston Bruins 2011.
          True. Although their 2nd overall pick from the previous year ended up being a huge factor in their Cup win.

Now let’s look at it the other way in the salary cap era. Look at a Cup winner and check out how their relatively recent high draft picks contributed to their Cup. I used this page: “http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftsearch.htm?year=&team=&position=&round=”
          BOS 2011 – Seguin (2010)
          CHI 2010 – Kane (2007), Toews (2006)
          PIT 2009 – Crosby (2005), Stall (2006)
          DET 2008 –
          ANA 2007 – Kariya, Tverdosky
          CAR 2006 – Staal (2003)
          TB 2005 – Lecavalier (1999)

Ask yourself when the last time you felt the Habs has a high draft pick that led the team to a strong position.

• Bill says:

Served.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Stooof says:

NJ 95 had at least 3 high picks in the 10 years prior (shannahan, guerrin, Muller (11 years but certainly Richer’s 21 playoff points helped that year, Neidameyer (who was also there in 2000), and another number 3 pick that they used to get Peter statsny who didn’t help win the cup that year but you don’t think he taught those young guns some lessons?)

This is one example of your flawed research. A lot of these teams picked up a top 3 or 2 in the years leading up to their win. Even detroits wins in 97 98 were brought to fruition with a number 4 pick yzerman, a number 3 primeau who was used to flip for shanahan, Dallas in 99 had a number 1 pick modano. carolina had eric stall at number 2,.

anyhow. Having that franchise player is very important. Carey price is ours in a sense, his #5 pick could be considered higher as he is a goalie. But we need that top forward, someone potting 80+ points a year. EVERY year. we will get one in gregor or yakupov (id take yaku) oh how i can wish. this year is looking grim. The team is in disarray. this could be the year we drop to nothingness just by accident, (a la NJ last year, where they picked up larson at #4, who is playing with them this year… and is really good). I love the habs but this year is looking like a write off. I disagree that we need a whole rebuild. we have a lot of great pieces. Needs some time to work out the kinks, consolidate our d, but we NEEED a yakupov or gegorenko. We absolutely need a game breaker. Cammi was supposed to be ours, but he pales in comparison to any top sniper this year. Even kessel is putting him to shame. KESSEL.>>>>> GO HABS

• HardHabits says:

Even Boston picked Joe Thorton #1 over-all after finishing last. Kessel was taken 5th. That turned into Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton. If Price was to have an 8 million dollar offer sheet thrown his way my worst fear is the Habs would match it rather than take the four first round draft picks.

• AndyF says:

I have a long-ish reply that’s presently awaiting moderation. Probably because I put in all the reference links you needed to see.

Summary: I must’ve poorly explained my hypothesis and my question because your examples don’t all work.

• Do I want our beloved Habs to tank? Nope.
      Is there any other permanent solution to the problem with this team? No. I don’t see any and neither do many here.
      When young players like Subban and Price are carrying the team and veterans are TOTALLY useless (Cammy, Gio, Gomez, Gill), some serious changes are needed.
      This team is heading no where with this core of veterans.
      Look at their production compared to the darn money they are making.

Did you see the last game?? We got DESTROYED by Jets. This team has lost 11 of last 13 or something and I can’t see PG making any moves. This team is loaded with BS contracts.

Heck if not tank, at least find a way to ship out those god-awful contracts or this team is stuck like this till 2014.

sigh.. merry christmas everyone.

Unfortunately concussions still being hid by players in the NFL.
    And Ron Wilson got his Christmas present, a contract extension.

10. BKAK72 says:

What’s you favourite HABS Christmas gift, ever?

Mine remains an authentic CCM “red” HABS jersey with the fight strap and everything back in ’94. The gift was from my then girlfriend who is now my wife. She remains a Red Wings fan, – guess you can’t win them all.

• idle says:

I don’t know about my favorite Habs Christmas gift, but a couple years ago I got Timo’s favorite Habs Christmas gift from my cousin. A signed, game used Breezer stick. Complete with pink grip tape.

For my birthday my Dad took me to one of the last games at the Forum (against Colorado, Roy was the first star) and included a tour before the game. After our tour we were in our seats when there must have been only 50 people in the stands. 2 of which were sitting a few rows above us chilling out…Ron & Don. Not so exciting for almost everyone here but at the time it was pretty cool for me. I had never been to the Fourm and was sure I would never get to with only a few games left.

I remember the seats being pretty good, and remember thinking the seats seem so much closer to the action (steep isles) then other rinks I had been in. The game was pretty good and the crowd was NOISY. Can’t remember, but I think the Habs lost a close one.

• Ferguson says:

My favourite Habs Christmas Gifts remain my first one. I was nine years old. My family was at the Christmas Concert at our country church basement. My dad asked me to go outside with him. Once outside we met up with Mr. Lemieux who walked us to his car where he opened the truck of his car and gave a cardboard box with a complete Montreal Canadien hockey gear. Pants, gloves and shin pads had little wooden dowels in slots to provide protection. Once home, I asked my mom to sew No. 4 onthe back. So she took a old sheet and cut out a No. 4 and sewed it on. I wish I still had it, but wore I it out.

Ferguson

• neumann103 says:

The Forum had a much steeper rake than the Bell Centre. Most of the new NHL rinks have the same shallow bowl. I expect the rationale is that it creates a bigger diameter at the 200 level menaning more luxury boxes, but it makes them feel very similar to me, with differences mainly in scale. Old rinks had more personality, although one of the other common attributes of the modern clone rinks is very few poor seats.

“Et le but!”

11. Hobie Hansen says:

So Io just returned from Mexico after having zero access, by choice, to a smart phone, laptop or NHL hockey and heard Martin got canned.

I always thought Gauthier should have been fired first. He gambled on Markov and it doesn’t seem to be paying off, aside from Cole he did basically did nothing to address this team’s obvious need for more grit and Gauthier left the team’s blue line rather small.

The team was on the verge of knocking off Boston with a depleted roster last year and beat the Caps and Pens in the playoffs the year before. Martin was not the problem.

I think Martin deserved a lot more rope than he was given since he was our best coach since we won the cup in 1993 with Demers.

And the entire French coach thing is so stupid. If the Habs sign a French coach who is less qualified than an English coach because he speaks French, it’s moments like that where I would question my loyalty to the organization. I don’t presently think that is the case and Gauthier might not make the greatest roster moves but he is not dumb enough to pass over superior coach/player because of their language.

Merry Christmas!!!

Always a soap opera with this club!!! ;-)

12. Prairienewf says:

Stu, I’m a big fan of yours. I followed you way back when you wrote and sang songs and went by the name John Denver. I remember when you faked your death and resurfaced as professional wrestler Terry Taylor. That was creative ingenuity for sure. But you have definitely found your niche as a sports reporter. It is your true calling. lol. Merry Christmas!

13. habstrinifan says:

To hell with it! Sorry people, I tried to be nice and kind all day!

But I cant. I am blowing my cool everytime I watch Benoit Pouliot’s goal.

4TH overall french speaking from approximately 60 minutes from Montreal. Size and pedigree and some ‘attitude’ and loads of skill.. and we lost him cause he couldnt play on the 4th line here.

PG I want you to get off your butt and walk all the way to Boston and get him back. Take them Kaberle you freakin ……………..

And while you are at it stop in at the Rangers and get back Woywitka, another 1st rounder who fell in your lap. You can take them Campoli.

This feeling stinks.

• dr. gesundheit says:

Poolio…soitenly, Woywitka…nein.

• OneTimer says:

If Pouliot came back we’d be back on his ass for floating, just as much as before, c’mon Trini you know that.

• idle says:

Lots and lots of posters here were crying to get his ass out of town (I know that does not sound like people around here). Did you forget already or are you being blinded by our current struggles.

• HabFanSince72 says:

Pouliot has 9 points in 28 games.

That goal was lucky.

• habsnyc says:

He is on the fourth line and still has more even strength goals than 90% of the forwards on Montreal. But, yeah, so what that the team lost Pouliot. In the end, they could not figure out how to coach him, Lats or Lapierre. It made no sense to keep them.

It just freaks people out that all the square pegs in Montreal fit in the round holes in Toronto, Minnesota, Nashville, Boston, Vancouver or Dallas.

Blue, blanc et rouge. Red and White for Canada. Blue for Smurfs.

• montreal ace says:

I am glad someone else can see the folly of letting Pouliot go for nothing, and I am with you on Woywitka and PG stopping off in NY. after a good long walk

, Hope everyone is having a great day MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone

14. RetroMikey says:

The Chicago Cubs are said to considering a “complete and total rebuild.” The Canadiens should consider the same.
    Ask this question: how many players on the current roster would be holding front-line roles if they were members of one of the NHL’s elite teams? If you come up with more than five, you’re kidding yourself!
    Is Carbonneau the answer, no. Is Roy the answer (after his incredible gaffe in the minors a couple years ago) – NO!. Is getting rid of Gainey/Gauthier an answer along with our overpaid bums ? Hell yeah!
    Is tanking the answer??? Double hell yeah!
    Coaching was never the problem with this team….Cunneyworth is a damn fine coach…it’s the players that don’t show up game after game…Trade them today, Don’t wait, our team will only get better without them by tanking…..You know who they are…They know who they are…..whoever is the GM in this club now whether Gauthier or Gainey. Do your Job…..Get Better…No Excuses and retire from our organization completely! Don’t shield from us fans, we know Bobby you are still running this club but won’t admit it.
    What an embarrassment this once proud hockey city of Montreal has become.

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

• Mr. Biter says:

Afternoon RM. Don’t want to spoil your Christmas day , but the Cubs have been rebuilding since 1945 when they last appeared in a World series and lost so not really a model to follow. But have yourself a Merry Christmas today.

Mr. Biter

• HardHabits says:

As long as the Habs don’t follow the Habs model of the past 18 years they should do fine.

• RetroMikey says:

My Christmas Day is not spoiled but is yours after reading my comments?
        I hope nut but the truth really hurts where our club is heading if changes are not made.
        Feliz Navidad amigo!

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

• Mr. Biter says:

My Day was spoiled paying $120.00 on Thursday for the Habs game and then going out to the Palamino Club till 3:00. Nothing spoils Christmas Day espically seeing we are playing with a roster of 14 players with 4 or less years of NHL experience. If we do at the trading deadline sell off or dump some older talent
          we will have seen what the younger guys can do and who can and who cannot play at the NHL level. Big step. Then fill the voids with the salary we have dumped in Free Agency. PK is not going to get anything near he would have demanded at the start of the season but CP will and He was PISSED OFF at the end of the 2nd period as he was off the ice before anyone else was even near the door.
          Anyway Mikey Have a Merry Christmas.

Mr. Biter

• dr. gesundheit says:

Agree (kinda)…Only suggestion I’d make is…in answer to your question “Is getting rid of Gainey/Gauthier an answer…” I suggest that it is THE answer. (at least for starters)

15. HNS says:

Look what Les Boys left in our stockings this xmas. Give you a hint, it’s brown and smelly.

16. JUST ME says:

Best wishes to everyone !

17. Psycho29 says:

Merry Christmas HI/O…
    Got some nice gifts! The new Original Six book, a Hockey Records book and A Hockey Treasures Set. Its a book with all kinds of pullouts, such as reproductions of old NHL schedules, programmes, player contracts from the 1910s and 1920s.
    I think Santa (or my girlfriend) knows that I like hockey.
    I gave Lisa this great new Swiffer broom……I think she really likes it, she’s been crying in the bedroom since 8:30 this morning!!!

Christmas morning! And I am with my HIO family.
    Thanks to all for just being here.

19. CranbrookEd says:

Scott Gomez will not be back . . . he has found employment with the City of Montreal . . . http://tinyurl.com/scottgomez

CranbrookEd
    Mr. Beliveau: “Pure Pak mais oui”! . . . What ever happened to Johnny Jelly-Bean!?

20. habsfan0 says:

Why does Don Cherry remind me of Liberace?

21. daveho29 says:

Driving taxi today for a friend so he can have the day off with his family,Thanks for the Laugh. People walking by my cab must have thought I was crazy laughing like I was :)

22. CanadienBoy says:

Hope the Habs win again Ottawa ,cause i m in Ottawa and give 7 tickets last night for everyone to go to the game Merry Christmas to everyone and bonne annee Go Habs Go

23. G-Man says:

You do realize it’s Xmas morning and we are posting here. Sheesh! Are we Hab fans or what?
    Merry Christmas, everybody! :)

24. WindsorHab-10 says:

Seeing how Bob Gainey really ruined this team & put us in the hole that we’re in, who’s to say that he didn’t do the same to Guy Carbonneau? I honestly don’t have a problem with Guy getting another crack at coaching the Habs provided PG is gone first.

• DorvalTony says:

Nothing good happens ’til Molson cans the Goat.

——————————–
      “Okay, everybody take a Valium.”

• aj says:

I don’t know where I have heard this, but probably in TSN.ca and maybe from Francois Gagnon, the current GM of the Montreal Canadiens – Pierre Gauthier is in fact in residence in the state of Vermont along with his family.

With that being said, Gauthier I believe in all honesty sake, DON’T HAVE an inkling on what’s going on inside the bench of the Canadiens. Sure he sits upstairs at the Bell Centre and other hockey rinks to watch the CH play and makes phone calls. Also, for sure he made some good acquisitions like Cole, Eller, Pacioretty, Desharnais and signed young prospects like Leblanc, Bournival, Gallagher and Tinordi. However, him like Gainey who signed veteran NHL players to lead this team, is by far shows how little knowledge he has on making the Canadiens more robust and playoff ready.

If I were Geoff Molson, Hire an experienced guy who not only KNOWS the NHL from the inside and outside but also someone who does know the Montreal Canadiens and is willing to reside here in this City – be it a Savard, a Bowman, a McGuirre, a Damphousse, whatever!!!

25. j2w4habs25 says:

Merry Christmas to everyone here!
    For some reason when I think Habs I feel like its a very RED CHristmas ahaha. I hope they find there game very soon! :(

Carey Price #31

Very funny, well done. Merry Christmas to All, God Bless.

27. Danno says:

God Rest Ye Randy Cunneyworth

God rest ye Randy Cunneyworth
    Let nothing you dismay
    Remember Price our saviour
    Was born to save each game
    And save us all from Bettman’s power
    When Chris Lee’s gone astray
    Amidst chidings from Carbo and Roy
    Carbo and Roy
    Amidst chidings from Carbo and Roy

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

28. Habfan10912 says:

I hope all my HIO friends and their families find themselves in a peaceful, joyous bliss. I am truely fortunate to have all of you to add to my enjoyment of the greatest sports franchise in the world. Merry Christmas my friends.

From my family to yours here’s wishing you a very blessed holiday season.

29. SlovakHab says:

Very funny!

30. HABZ24 says:

i just figured it out gauthiers a genius. he is taking the oilers approach to rebuilding. he is. tanking to finish dead last in the league yr after yr to give us the top draft choices ! ahhh tank habs tank

• aj says:

Obviously, his ‘genius’ approach is about to cost him his job. Him and Mr. Gainey did NOTHING to make this team become a cup contender. From small veteran forward acquisitions like Gio, Cammy, Gomer to a useless Kaberle trade, unnecessary trades (they should never made a trade on Halak for Eller and instead kept him and made a trade to let’s say O’byrne w/ Cammalleri for Eller or another top 6 forward at that time IMHO.) like what happened to Lapierre, Latendresse, Pouliot and a poor choice of a coach (Not that Martin made a difference in this team) made this fiasco spiral out of control!

31. The Dude says:

I always thought their be Liberache inDon Cherry……..

32. kempie says:

That made me laugh pretty hard. Thanks Stu.

33. Habitant in Surrey says:

…a Merry New York kinda Christmas Stu …thanks for Your unique Habitude

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

34. slychard says:

Where is doc Kevorkian when ya need him. A slow morphine drip should do the trick. Happy… whatever, but it’s not a hab fan.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kiss my hAbSS!!!

• Clay says:

Maybe we don’t really need to kill anyone though – perhaps we could just not watch him if he offends us? Your way sounds a tad extreme.

Just sayin’.