A good guy moves on

Metro has no regrets – Dave Stubbs

• Robert L on jersey numbers

• Getting even closer to the Heritage Classic (Josh Gorges had the shortest flight to the press conference)

Reinsdorf back in the picture

NHL 11: Broken sticks, and Gomez gets crunched

Sf9hxtA9wFs

The Kovalchuk hearing

Sabres’ penny-pinching rankles in Buffalo

Pronger has minor knee surgery

Whither Niemi?

Seguin signs

1. madcap_habsfan says:

6) I think truly and deeply it’s going to be Gionta, why? While Markov has experince and is a veteran of the Habs, Gionta has the Stanley Cup win

7) Depending on how Price is doing you know we will be

2. Mats Naslund says:

I grew up with #99, #66, #77 etc. Now we have Crosby in #87, Malkin wears #71.. its a break from tradition – but I welcome it. PK looks just fine to me every time I see his number flash past joining the rush in his #76. While I agree that Pouliot’s #57 irks me, if he puts up 25G this year I’ll like it just fine.

3. volcano62 says:

1) 3-5-2

2)sometime late october

3) No

4) yes. im hoping he’s the next Avery or C. Lemieux

5) Giil

6) Markov (habs vet that is loved by everyone)

7) yes. as a habs fan i wil be taking the halak trade to my grave.

4. Hoegarden says:

1.  7W 3L

2.  B2B

3. In Steeltown

4. is Jacques back ?

5. I.Schultz

6.  H.Gill

7. Yes

5. Mattyleg says:

I know!

“What’s the most useless thing you own?”

Hal Gill: I own a sword… I don’t really use that. Too often…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

6. Mark C says:

Don’t think the G.M. is getting the same reports? If he wasn’t that would be truly shocking and grossly incompetent.

7. Mark C says:

It is, but people just need to keep an open mind on this. Wes Welker has been cleared to practice in NFL training camp less than 6 months after MCL and ACL surgery. While not game play, it goes to show how some of the athletes bet the odds and general time tables post-surgery.

8. habaddict_andy says:

It’s Markov who’s getting first hand medical reports and he did not want to mention any date when he believes he could be back.

9. Storm Man says:

0-4 sounds like a tennis match. Sort of like asking what is Brees record going to be like after week 10 in the NFL? Hockey is a team sport.

10. RGM says:

Thanks for posting that Mark. Well, “might” is a long way away from being “on track” as it pertains to Markov playing in the season opener. It would be nice if he’s 100% and ready to go at that point, but I’m not going to be one to rush him back.

—————————————– Josh Gorges for Captain!

11. G-Man says:

1. He could be injured at training camp, so who knows? 2. back to back games 3. Let him show up at training camp first. He is Hamilton-bound if JM doesn’t like what he sees. 4. He should. 5. the fans 6. Gomez- he was traded for to replace Koivu in more ways than one.  7. Of course, with one side or the other being smug.

12. Rugger says:

I was going to answer these questions but there is no way I am going to try to follow your act!  Well done!

13. smiler2729 says:

1. 0-0-10

2. Back-to-back games.

3. Starting 2nd line winger.

4. No.

5. Russell, the love muscle.

6. Gionta, people look down at him to look up to him.

7. Only if they’re both playing for St. Louis.

14. Mark C says:

So you take the authors conjuncture over the G.M’s word, who is getting first hand medical reports from Markov’s doctors, rehab reports from Markov, the trainers and physical therapists?

Boy, you really don’t trust P.G. and B.G. at all, do you?

Markov will play when he is ready, i.e. when his knee is structural sound (Dr.’s OK), his knee’s strength as return to required levels, and when he is in game shape.

15. SLONCOLD says:

lol so habs will be 6-0 and carey 0-4 :-)

16. smiler2729 says:

1) lol, record, A Hard Day’s Night, lol

2) LOL, sittin’ in dressin’ rooms!

3, 4, 5, 6, 7) LOLOL!

Good ones…

17. JD_ says:

(1) A Hard Day’s Night?

(2) Presumably the first. Unless, of course, the guy prefers to sit in the dressin’ room durin’ games.

(3) It’s not so much the startin’ as the regularlin’ that concerns me.

(4) Can’t answer any question that refers to a hockey player as Lappy. Laps, ok. The Lapster, fine. But Lappy? No way.

(5) More importantly, who will be the team buy-the-round-guy other than Gomez?

(6) I’m goin’ with George seein’ as he isn’t currently on the team and new is always better, isn’t it?

(7) Word has come down that the Halak/Price discussion officially comes to a close some time around U.S. Thanksgiving. So, no.