58 players head to Habs main camp

The  Canadiens announced today that 58 players will participate in the 2010-11 training camp. Players will report for physicals and medical exams at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard tomorrow.

The Canadiens first on-ice session will take place at the Bell Sports Complex on Saturday. The training camp will run until Wednesday, October 6, and include a stay in the Charlevoix area from October 3-6, in preparation for the season opener against the Maple Leafs at Air Canada Center on Thursday, October 7.

Fans will have first-come, first-seated access to Bell Sports Complex stands for scrimmages Sept. 18, 19 and 20.

1. adamkennelly says:

why is Jimmy Bonneau invited to training camp?  Where is Eric Nielson?  why don’t the Habs concentrate on finding an NHL caliber tough guy who can play regular minutes instead of worrying about who will be taking care of that role in the AHL.  Ryan White, Alex Henry and Ian Schultz will all likley end up being in Hammertown – leaving the parent club with literally no one on most nights barring the token call up after the team get smacked around.  Its aggravating.

2. nunacanadien says:

Excellent post!  Move the old away and start anew.  The negotiations are largely done, so what other choice do we have but with the players we now have.  Turn on the ignition key and hang on for the ride of your life as they say, or lack thereof as only Pierre Gauthier is driving the habs bus.

3. DD says:

Great post HH, it takes a brave man to admit when he is wrong and then, even more balls to correct it. I often wondered why some people chose to spend so much time spouting negative comments. Although I tend to lean towards the ‘glass half full crowd’, it’s probably because I’ve always believed that if something drags you down, you get rid of it, before it encompasses your whole life.

Now if we could find a way to spray Tony242 with a giant dose Kwelada.

Thank you.

5. Mr. Biter says:

Well Jimmy B should make some of the pre season games interesting however can he skate without tripping over the blueline? All kidding aside has he ever played any games at the NHL level (beside pre season)? I am however looking forward to the upcoming season. I think we have become a very good team starting from the playoff run and with some of the additions made over the summer we look pretty solid all the way down the lineup. i’d rather have Moore or Metro (does anyone on the site know what his contract demands were and why no one else picked him up during the off season?) than Darche , but I guess you can’t have everything you want. It will be hard for anyone from the Dogs to make the Habs at the start of the season compared to last year were if my memory is correct we started the season with 3 or 4 “young guns” all of who ended up back with the dogs. This year it seems we have a full NHL lineup where any “young guns” will have to work their butts off to unseat a NHL level player and work their way on to the team instead of being given a spot to lose.

6. Aerobiz says:

Great post HH. And good on you for putting yourself out there and wanting to a source of honest positivity as well as positive honesty.

I’m looking forward to posting with you and our fellow H I/O’ers next Wednesday.

“The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.”- Randy Pausch

7. Dr-Watson says:

Well, I guess when you can only pick and choose something that will make your case, it is nothing more than another desperate attempt at trying to be creative. It just reflects your usual mundane and frivolous posts.

8. joeybarrie says:

Good post. I had wondered what happened. I said to myself, isn’t this HH, the guy who agrees with tony??? Yet all of a sudden your posts were interesting and had some good points. You were somewhat agreeably to the things I thought and for awhile I studied the response for sarcasm… So you threw me for a loop.

I was a big big supporter of putting in Price towards the end of the Wash Series since Halak was getting nowhere. However they stayed with him, and he won the game. At that point I was simnply hoping the Habs would make it close so I would get some people here in DC worried. I was so happy after that 2nd win. My point of all this is the previous evening I had put out a post that was pretty negative and was asking for an explanation as to why Price would be given a chance.  Next day I made fun of myself because everyone remembered my post and how incredibly wrong I was. For the whol series I jokingly put out a post calling for Price before each game. It worked cause we won.

Your change reminded me of myself in this case. Kind of funny how crazy we get in here…

I am glad that you are wise…..

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

9. Malreg says:

Physicals are tomorrow.

He still looked better as a Hab. ;-)

11. ShangaDoo says:

omg, that got me soo excited. I cannot wait!

12. SeriousFan09 says:

Wasn’t very nice of him to steal them from Desharnais though…

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

13. Born in a Bad Year says:

I was just noticing in the Vancouver papers that David Fischer, who was invited to their camp, was just released.  Not signed to the Moose, just released to the ether.

Funny how a former first round draft can just disappear like that.

So I’ve decided to come clean about my transformation as your friendly neighbourhood HH (troll baiting aside).

Many of you might remember me as the person who wanted the Habs to turn the page on the Koivu era two season’s ago (that’s to put it nicely). At that point I had read these pages for a while before posting but lost it during that great meltdown™ which led to the great purge™.

I was at first pretty offensive and got constantly hammered by the commetariat. After realizing that I was perturbing to many posters I lightened up a bit. Yes I became a tankologist™ for a while but that all ended when the Habs made it to the 3rd round. I still laced my posts with acridity and chose to follow a path of provocation in the written word.

Then a funny thing happened on the way to posting something very negative. I read a Tony242 post. I realized then my friends, even though it was an idea that had already been brewing within me, that negativity on its own has no legs to stand on. In fact it is merely a downward force falling down, worse, crawling into the earth, not unlike a slug, reaching lower and craving the murky and soiled depths.

I looked at this Tony242 creature, who was latching onto my posts, not unlike a slug or a parasite, and felt an immediate need to douse myself in a virtual Kwelada or disinfectant, to cleanse myself of the wretched creature that was attempting symbiosis. It dawned on me that balance was required, that positivity was also by contrast an upward moving tendancy, reaching for the heights, an honourable and noble trait, to create and bring forth a building, a re-building, a chrysalis, as a pheonix rising from the ashes, ideas that sought to enliven and enrich.

This was of course in contrast to the Tony242 posts which sought to do the opposite.

Now, in no way do I support any type of blind adherence and still cannot stomach overtly cheery blue-blanc-rouge colored glasses points of view, especially when they lack any connection to reality.

The bottom line is that the troll phenomenon that occured after the Halak trade made me a better person. I looked at how people were mis-behaving and saw a more enlightened approach to doing things.

A fool learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Yes, Tony, you have helped me along the path towards wisdom. I thank you!!!

15. RiverviewCanadien says:

I think it helps this year…it had to be tough at the end of his brothers career, I mean you want him to succeed (being family and all), but you still have to focus on your own.

I agree, it became a distraction at times.

16. Chuck says:

Hopefully, with his brother not around to be a distraction, he’ll really be able to focus himself this season.

17. SeriousFan09 says:

I wantr to see him just dump some Loafs on their butts on Oct. 7th, upending Staal in the playoffs like he was nothing was awesome.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

18. ooder says:

ak46 is a freaking rock.

when he applies himself and tries he is practically unstopable

——————

88 is the new 23

19. SmartDog says:

Good post.  I think Miller would be the one guy I would say is a true star money goalie today.   To me Luongo and Fleury are jokes.  So over-rated it’s not funny.   But Miller… that guy is money.   Who knows, Halak could be the next Miller.  Or Price.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

20. RiverviewCanadien says:

That was a good one! Thank you for posting that link. Could have used some Pleks though =-)

Seriously, if Andrei Kostitsyn can lay out hits like those, and still have hands this season…he has one of the best releases in the East (IMHO). I hope he has a good one this year. Kostitsyn

21. Chuck says:

Lifts in his skates?  ;)

22. Bill J says:

Well then there is ONE exception to your #2 looks good in Montreal

Red Light!

23. scrowe21 says:

That was pretty damn good

——–

My spinorama shootout goal with Cammy

24. SeriousFan09 says:

Pouliot wasn’t at rookie camp though, he’s going to get them with the rest of the squad I imagine. I doubt Engqvist grew an inch either, he was 6’4″ when he signed as 21-year old I’m pretty sure, hard to grow after you’ve hit 21.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

You can’t count the years prior to 1979. I should’ve said since Patrick Roy.

26. Bill J says:

physicals are tomorrow.

27. likehoy says:

are you sure they haven’t all gotten physicals? are they doing that on monday?

the rookies definitely have their physicals done…subban’s weight has been updated and engqvist has apparently grown an inch.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

28. HabFab says:

Ian, there are only 32 forwards on the list.

Goaltenders – Champion and Delmas fighting to be 5th goaltender.

Defenseman – Ellis,Stejskal and Tinordi back to Junior and College. Bisaillion and Desnoyers don’t see much future as we already have 15 D under contract.Would have to really shine to get a contract for either. Basically 7 per team with Picard as the swing man.

Forwards – Gallagher,Leblanc and Lefebvre back to Junior. Leaves 29 signed forwards. Eller is a bit of a question mark to start with Montreal but if healthy should make it. Darche can be replaced only by a real strong camp from MaxPac or White. Maxwell may have a crack if Eller isn’t ready, Max hopefully may have picked up some of the “learning how to win” thing Gomez said that our young players learned in last years playoff run.

29. SeriousFan09 says:

Pretty sure these playing weights are from last season’s camp, only some players have had new weights entered in, they should all have new ones after their physicals to kick off camp.

Pouliot said he gained 11 pounds this off-season, pretty stupid thing to say if the scales are going to prove you wrong at camp.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

30. Chuck says:

See: Bunny Larocque.

In the four Cup-winning years as a backup, he won 79 games, lost 13, and tied 15… with 10 shutouts.

31. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

Off topic…BUT SO GOOD!!

AHHH that’s the best habs mash-up I think I have EVER EVER seen.

32. likehoy says:

in comparison to what’s listed on TSN.ca…

andrei kostitsyn lost 6 pounds

pacioretty gained 12 pounds

pouliot gained and lost 0 pounds….fail.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

Two Rosters to fill—Montreal and Hamilton. Who will make which Team?

13 Centers

13 Right Wingers

!9 Left Wingers

—————-

45 forwards total

——————

6 Goal Tenders

——————

8 Right Defence

12 Left Defence

—————–

20 Defence total

34. Bill J says:

So true.

Dryden and his famous pose, was as a result of the team in front of him being so damned good… He was bored!

Apart from Patrick Roy every other goaltender the Habs had and that moved on was never as good as they were with the Habs. Think about it. Huet and Theodore are glaring examples. Why is that? Something about being a back-up in Montreal that makes a goalie better as Montreal’s #2 than being anybody else’s #1.

Anyways a goalie is supposed to be a saver not a saviour!

36. Habhopeful says:

James Neal (sigh) & Matt Kiskanen Sign…

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

37. Bill J says:

Hey if the two prospects are Erik Johnson & David Perron.

Buh-Bye Markov.

Sorry.

38. Dr-Watson says:

PG, traded him along with a 2nd round draft pick, to St. Louis for two prospects and a 6th round draft choice.

39. BJT says:

Agree completely. I wanna see Pyatt-Boyd-Eller as the third line and Moen-Halpern-Laps as the fourth.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

40. SeriousFan09 says:

Lapierre had a 15-goal season in 08-09 and has very underrated hands, he can play with Eller.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

41. Chips says:

Should be a helluva camp!!!! Go young guns go!!!!

25 in 2011

42. newbrunswick troy says:

A while back , someone talked about so many teams needing goaltending  (i agree )  and upon thinking about it, i noticed that there are no “real” superstar goalies in the league right now…..Luongo —i think not!!

Brodeur..past his prime , although he was definitly that last true blue chip

It seems to me ( and Ken Holland, RedWings) that a team should not invest too much into Goalies…maybe send that money to a good centerman….Why,  because the “Tenders” of today seem to be streaky, a great year or so, then they fade away..Look at Chris Mason…top of the world , but for how long?////Remember Huet…good long enogh to get the big contract,then what, ride pine ??

The Leafs were sure they had studs a million times over….so did the Sens..It seems all the Good goalies are just that..good for example  Lundquvist…good but not going to win cup good!!!

Yes upon thinking hard about this i can,t help but wonder how “crappy of a year”our very own Halak is do to have!!!!  That said don,t expect the world from Price..he like every other goalie can,t compete against these new composite sticks and tweeked rules to favor goal scoring!!!!At best he can hope for a year or so of good luck, like every other so,so goalie in the league>>.and hopefully the Habs don,t jump then to sign long term or they may just end up with a Vancouver type problem Luongo..10 more years at 8 mil.   all fore average numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats just my opinion>>>>Equal time has been set aside by this broadcaster for yours  (vote green)

43. mike g says:

He skates like I do, very choppy…

Not a silky smooth skater like some are, he really diggs his skates into the ice. And you lose speed and energy when you constantly do that.

Lapierre is the same, so is Hamrlik.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

44. solomio says:

Why do I keep seeing this combination being named: a line of Moen-Eller-Lapierre ?

Eller is meant to be a goal scorer. Why would you put him on a line with those 2 block heads?

I would like to see 3 lines being definite scoring threats and a hammer and nails with outstanding defensive capabilities 4 th line.

I would also like to see OByrne get more ice time allowing him to develop into the punishing defenceman that he can be.

45. The Cat says:

You know what Gauthier said: “No one’s job is safe!” OMG lolz

46. Malreg says:

Isn’t that the Flying V from the mighty ducks? :p

47. SeriousFan09 says:

He also needs to become a better skater to break the NHL. Love the heart he has, he’s got some good skills but when you’re 5’6″ with your skates on, you need to be lightning-fast and Desharnais doesn’t have that.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

48. mike g says:

I have a feeling he’d make the team as a winger…

Too bad he’s a centerman. The kid has a ton of talent, but his frame might just be too small to be a top line centerman in the NHL.

If he’d convert to the wing, he’d have a real good shot.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

49. punkster says:

I’d love to see him make a strong impression and get a shot this year.

FREE TIMO!

50. mike g says:

I’m really pulling for Markov…

I hope he makes the team. He will miss camp due to his injury, but I hope the Habs can see past that and keep him with the big club.

He’s a good player, you guys will all see, and he deserves to play in MTL and not in Hamilton.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

51. adamkennelly says:

not aggravating enough apparently for say 85% of NHL GMs.  Last time we brought back an injured and old former NHL caliber tough guy.  I’m not even advocating that type of player but at least lets find a few guys who can take care of business and play a regular shift.  You think Darche taking up a roster spot adds more value then say a Scott Thornton or Chris Neil or Brandon Prust.  I still say Habs have a fantastic team if they were playing in Europe..this is the NHL and most teams- if not all teams in the league are ahead of Habs in terms of addressing this portion of the game.

P.S.  I would bet a weeks pay that if you took an anonymous survey of current Habs players (think Cammy, Pleks, Gio, Gomez) they vote close to unanimously for improving that dept – only disenters would be the guys losing their jobs.  anyone who has ever played competitive hockey knows how little fun it is to skate outgunned and intimidated.

52. HabFab says:

Bonneau is signed to an AHL contract with Hamilton. Neilson was not resigned, possibly medical but not sure.

53. Say Ash says:

Justin.tv worked last year

54. bostonantifan says:

Does anyone know if preseason games are streamed anywhere on the net?

55. Bugs says:

C’moooon, Desharnais!

Make me a believer, baby!

Reprovingly reproof-proof, here sits

L.Bugs Potter, esq. Assistant Head Honcho to what goes down in Chinatown, Big Cheese at Flannelcorp Media, and Lead Copy-boy at Habsbros Hard Data Factory: http://habsbros.blogspot.com

56. John Q Public says:

New Strategy The Big Arrow

Big 3 go clear the way,

Little package follows,

Price w/ puck upto the center line

& let the fun begin!

57. mike g says:

LOL, thanks for the link…

But I still can’t understand what’s up with AK. Man that dude looks stoned 24/7, his face looks soo busted in the picture!

And his hair, lmao….

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

58. petrov14 says:

but for extra fun have Gionta and Desharnais on defence!

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

59. TorontoHabsFan says:

I’m not 100% certain, but I think the Toronto Raptor was the first one to do the “eat the cheerleader” thing.

60. John Q Public says:

I smell a new forward line.

Perhaps we put O’Bryne-Gill-Tinordi together fore some pre season fun.

Nobody would say we were small then!

61. petrov14 says:

Does Boone do a pre-season Blog to get himself into game shape?

______________________________________ Gionta for Captain.

62. Harani says:

There are some really nice pics of the guys at the Golf tourney today up on the Habs Facebook page. Spatch rocking the turtleneck, Pouliot and his 100 000$ Nissan GT-R, Gio and his hummer, Pricey looking good, everyone getting a cheap group deal on the T-Shirts, Ryan O’Byrne, Tom Pyatt looking lost, Price’s bromance with Youppi, Gomer starting the controversy off by wearing a San Diego Chargers cap that looks sooo much like the Sabres. Check it out!

“It must be love!”

63. Danno says:

Totally unrelated, but maybe Youppi could learn a trick or two from this guy

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

64. Chorske says:

What’s aggravating is the notion of clogging up a roster spot with a one-dimensional bruiser.

I keep thinking back to the last time we brought in a NHL-caliber tough guy. And how well that panned out.

65. Dr-Watson says:

You should try to fathom the logic of your post and that team effort was Halak!

66. Propwash says:

I don’t recall seeing Halak scoring goals.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

67. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

I went out and made a very reasonable post, saying that those who were wary of this year’s team have every right to be so, and then you had to go and ruin everything with your italics. Looks like I’ll be crying myself to sleep again tonight. I hope you’re happy.

68. Don Carnage says:

I remember that he struggled to get that 1 point needed to make the playoff’s …

69. notbigbird says:

Third comment of yours that I’ve just come across in reading down the page. You may be Dr Watson, but you’re no Sherlock.

70. andrewberkshire says:

Actually thr bottom 6 last year is where other teams dominated us. Even solid contributers like Metro did it all on the PP, so 5-on-5 the bottom 6 last year was horrendous. Our top 6 is where we were about average with the rest of the league, and above average in points per game.

71. GrimJim says:

Mtl scored 210 goals last year or 2.56 per game. The top 6 (CAm, Gio, Glove, AK, Poul and Pleks) scored 121 goals, or an average of 20 goals each. The D scored 34 goals, and the “bottom six” forwards scored 53 in total. (GUI! scored two goals as a hab top 6 but they aren’t included in the above numbers). The league average was 2.77 goals per game or 227 goals in total. My estimate to make that number realistically is the top6 should score 120 goals, the D 40 goals (two Dmen avg 10 goals and the rest average 5), and the bottom6 67 goals (avg 11 goals each). Of course the more the top 6 score, and it is their job to score, the less pressure on the other two groups. So if you compare my estimate for the goal scoring needs to last year’s actual it was the bottom6 and D that didn’t come through, while the top6 was barely successful. Ultimately all three groups need to raise their goal scoring.

72. SeriousFan09 says:

Considering how many games we fielded inadequate checking lines and forced JM to roll his top 6 guys without rest, I’d say the Bottom 6 is an area of interest. How many times did we have Liveblogs with Boone lamenting about guys just sitting on the bench with 1:26 TOI for 2 periods?

No Laraque, no Stewart, no D’Agostini, to start the season, in place we have guys like Boyd, Halpern and Pyatt, a hopefully full-time Lapierre, plus Eller and Moen. The ability to roll 4 lines will win many a hockey game for teams as they are not forced to lean on the same guys every night to win.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

73. The Cat says:

What do you all mean by bottom 6? The 3rd and 4th lines? Sure they may be better but they werent that much of a problem; they were as good as any in the league. Its the top 2 lines and their 5on5 scoring thats a concern. Remember? They couldnt score goals last year.

74. Propwash says:

If the team can cut down on the number of shots thrown at the goalies, I think they’ll do just fine. That has been the team’s major weakness for years now.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

75. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

No, by the bottom 6, I meant the 6 guys who rent an apartment underneath the Bell Center. The new tenants are way better than last year. They pay their rent on time, no pets. It’s a dream.

Also, I heard a rumor that the 3rd and 4th lines last year weren’t contributing a lot of even strength goals either. If those lines were to improve, mightn’t it be possible for 5 on 5 scoring to increase?

[Disclaimer]: I’m a hockey fan. I care about asking rhetorical questions, but probably not as much as you.

76. MTLForever says:

Go cheer for the blues if youre still not over the trade. thank you.

The Roy trade was almost 2 decades ago. Get over it already!!!!

78. Bill J says:

lol – nice catch ;)

79. Dr-Watson says:

You are just too quick for me tonight. I cannot keep up to you!

80. Propwash says:

The “Established goalie” is a debatable topic, Martin Brodeur is an established goalie, although he’s on the downswing of his career. Your “established goalie” was average at best against Philly, in fact, the entire team ran outta gas.

The team is looking much more like a team this year and I’m willing to bet they are going to finish the regular season above 8th place in the Eastern confrence, I’d say 5th heading into the playoffs.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

81. Chorske says:

What bird, an ostrich? ;)

82. MTLForever says:

halak is gone, get over it.

That bird’s eye view is from an ostrich with his head in the sand.

84. The Cat says:

Out of curiosity, what is the worst result in the past 80 years?

85. Danno says:

Must be a cuckoo bird

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

86. habheart says:

Tho I’m looking forward to seeing hockey in general, I’m not at all encouraged or optimistic about this present squad.

With no improvements, only subtractions in the offseason, I feel this team is headed for the lowest possible standings in the past 80 years.

Sorry, but I just can’t fathom a good result from these players, especially without Halak.

just a bird’s eye view.

87. mike g says:

I just shot the bird.

Dead, bye bye.

Next!

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

88. Propwash says:

I guess being negative all the time means you’re never disappointed.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

89. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

I’d say our bottom 6 is improved over last year, which drew a lot of complaints throughout the season. If we can get 70+ games out of PK, that’d help as well. Don’t get me wrong, there are still some huge question marks on this team, and I can see why many are pessimistic,  but you can’t even FATHOM a good result?

Try picturing the Carey Price that led us to 1st place in the East a couple of years ago, and combine that with the team effort of game 7 against Pittsburgh. Admittedly, it’s not a lot to go on, but surely enough to fathom.

Maybe you just need to work on your fathomation.

90. lefreak says:

this team did get weaker in net, but like mentioned by the last poster our bottom 6 is much much better.

expect something similar to last year i think…i seriously doubt this will be the worst team in 80 years…heck they won’t be as bad as some of the teams from the late 90’s.

91. Greg says:

Lowest possible in 80 years? Seriously? If this team stays remotely healthy (unlike last year), they’ll make the playoffs. Carey Price might not be the second coming of Patrick Roy in net, but he’s certainly not going to go GA 3.00 SV% 0.850.  I’ve seen some pessimistic habs fans in my day, but your post definitely takes the cake.

Our top 6 is pretty darn good. Cammy, Gio, Pleks and Gomer are a solid top 4, it’s true that AK46 and Pouliot are question marks, but they’re both going to get 15-20 goals if they stay healthy.

Our bottom 6 got bigger and better. Boyd got 12 goals or something last year. Halpern is a solid defensive center, good on faceoffs. Eller is a question mark put I could imagine a line of Moen-Eller-Lapierre being a decent offensive threat.

Our defence definitely improved. Unless you consider PK Subban to be a step backward from either Paul Mara or M-A Bergeron… in which case you’d be wrong. Alex Picard is a more than serviceable option if Ryan O’Byrne gets off to a slow start.

So where is our weakness that makes us worse than Florida, Atlanta, Edmonton, NYI, Toronto, etc? You think Price is really that bad?

“I lined up next to him at a faceoff, looked over and said “Hi Rocket”. All he did was growl.”

-Gordie Howe

92. Don Carnage says:

Yes it must be the eye is bigger than the brain in this case also !!

93. habheart says:

if I don’t agree with you, no reason to insult me.

I’m just stating my opinion, which I’m entitled to.

try and show manners, instead of acting like a 2 year old spoiled brat.

94. habheart says:

if I don’t agree with you, no reason to insult me.

I’m just stating my opinion, which I’m entitled to.

try and show manners, instead of acting like a 2 year old spoiled brat.

95. habheart says:

if I don’t agree with you, no reason to insult me.

I’m just stating my opinion, which I’m entitled to.

try and show manners, instead of acting like a 2 year old spoiled brat.

96. Don Carnage says:

I live in GFPK  !   Problem with that dude :0)

97. fbkj says:

ewww we have a prospect from gpk

98. Dr-Watson says:

When you have only 4 players in the top 200 in scoring and are tied for 23rd in goals scored, than that last line doesn’t make any sense.

99. showey47 says:

It shows our bottom lines were dominated when they were pretty much all minus players (except for darche and that apparently defensive liability in skos) and our top 6 were all plus players.

100. adam76 says:

You guys all bitch about these negative posts, yet reply in droves.  I wonder why said person keeps coming back?

101. saskhabfan says:

You always bitch 9 times as much about everyones posititive posts and reply in droves if it involves price doing something other then sleeping or working out. Once again,always a pleasure to show you up.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

102. Dr-Watson says:

Some of the numbers are incorrect.

103. GrimJim says:

Which numbers are wrong exactly so I can re-check? The teams actuals were taken off NHL.com. Some numbers were rounded for simplicity sake.

104. Dr-Watson says:

Very informative and a well articulated post. Actually just the number of goals, at least according to TSN[217] and I thought Pouliot had just one goal not two when he was traded.

105. habheart says:

if the top 6 is so good, how come they were dead last in even strength goals????

they’re damn bad! face reality. and not necessary for you to apologize after 20 games, when they’re in last place. I won’t even say “I told you so”. LOL

106. Bill J says:

To answer your question.

Because the Habs lost 251 Man games last year to injuries.

In a season with 11 new players, trying to develop chemistry.

That’s why.

107. habheart says:

stop making excuses. everry team in the league has injuries.

good teams compensate and win regardless. wonder what excuse you’ll have this year.

108. Bill J says:

You apparently do not know much about Hockey do you ?

There was a 2nd part of the post, and NO team faced what Montreal did last season due to this fact.

But yeah go on … continue to gloom & doom your way through the season.

I could care less, you just look idiotic in my eyes (my opinion of you, not necessarily a statement of fact)

109. showey47 says:

Only the canes in the east had more man games lost to injury in the east and look where they ended up. The oilers led the way with 494 lost man games and was probably the only reason boston didn’t get taylor hall instead of seguin. Then comes the arguement of quantity vs quality when it comes to man games lost. Four out of our top 6 missed at least 20 games last year and markov missed almost half the season. I’d rather have a 3rd or 4th liner miss 60 games then have one of our top 6 miss 20. Mainly because the bottom 6 players are much easier to replace within the system.

110. Bill J says:

Exactly

Now add the fact the Habs where trying to gel as a team.

& the fact they STILL managed a ECF appearance, within 3 wins of the Cup Finals.

Says a lot.

111. habheart says:

if I don’t agree with you, no reason to insult me.

I’m just stating my opinion, which I’m entitled to.

try and show manners, instead of acting like a 2 year old spoiled brat.

112. Bill J says:

Losing to the Leafs in ’67

LOL. Yup!!!

114. habheart says:

if I don’t agree with you, no reason to insult me.

I’m just stating my opinion, which I’m entitled to.

try and show manners, instead of acting like a 2 year old spoiled brat.

115. Bill J says:

lol I saw no insults.  I saw an opinion on your opinion.  ;)

Stop whining like a little baby & stand up for your opinion.

Otherwise get out of the way.

116. saskhabfan says:

I’m sure they will act nicer,when you act smarter.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

Now now Tony. Stop projecting, again.

Let me see.

try and show manners, instead of acting like a 2 year old spoiled brat.

Do you mean manners like calling people spoiled brats?

Or do you mean acting like a spoiled brat like one who incessantly throws temper tantrums in the middle of every HIO thread, saying things like, “I want my Halak back, waaaaa,waaaaaaaa!!! Give me back Halak, waaaaail, whiiiiine. I want my Halak back, sob, snort, snifff. The Habs are ruined because of PG and BG, how can they keep party-boy Price and trade away my Halak, waaaaaaaaaaa, sniff, sniff.”

118. Dr-Watson says:

Who is acting immature here. Maybe your diaper needs to be changed.

In your case it’s your profile that needs to be changed (again) because you’re soiling these pages with your crappy posts and crappier comebacks.

120. habheart says:

and since when do 4th liners account for all the team’s scoring.

do you honestly believer Gomer will score more than 12 goals? look at his linemate, Pouliot.

and on the 2nd line, do you honestly believe AK will sudden show up?

please take off your rose colored glasses. our D  allowed over 50 shots/game every game.

our goaltending with Price, OMG, now Auld will become the #1 goalie. I already mentioned being dead last 5 on 5. where is that silver lining?

last year was a fluke, and Halak saved our bacon. that’s it folks.

121. fbkj says:

not at all, so do i… i mean i live in st-lambert adjacent erm…

bah packers suck :P

122. Propwash says:

Man, I’m chompin at the bit to see how the team is gonna do this season.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

123. JD_ says:

Champin’, Prop, champin’. Chompin’ is its nefarious bastardization.

Call me old school.

And, hell yeah, drop the effin’ puck!

124. Dr-Watson says:

When a team fails to make the required changes needed, to make it more resourceful and competitive. It instead, trades an established goalie for two unproven players and makes a small number of other minor moves. Then you can expect very little improvement and if Martin remains the coach, the Habs will continue to be an inconsistent and average team.

125. win4ce says:

Excited to see some prospects play during pre-season (mainy Leblanc, Avstin and Palushaj)

No Kristo? Anyone know more about that?

126. mike g says:

Something with the NCAA rules…

If he’s there, he can’t participate in NHL training camps.

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

127. otter649 says:

USA College players can attend NHL training camps but must pay for all their expenses (travel/hotel etc) so most tend not to attend………

128. HabFab says:

Add to below, his classes have started so he can’t come and jeopardize his academic standing. Joe Stejskal (Dartmouth) is in camp because his classes have not started yet.

129. Propwash says:

Champin’ eh? Cool, I learn something new every day!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

130. Propwash says:

I count 14 guys out of 58 from Quebec, almost 25% of the roster.

Just sayin’

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

131. lefreak says:

leave bertrand raymond allllllllloooooone!!!!

:p

132. savethepuck says:

English speaking and ive in N.B., but just subscribed to RDS part way through last season for the HABS games. Does anyone know if they air preseason hockey games.  I am getting anxious.

133. Danno says:

19:30

LE HOCKEY LNH – PRE-SAISON: BOSTON VS MONTRÉAL Pierre Houde, Benoît Brunet, Alain Crête et Joël
    Bouchard commentent et décrivent ce match pré-saison de la LNH
    impliquant les Bruins et le Canadien, en direct du Centre Bell à
    Montréal.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

134. GrimJim says:

I just set the pvr to record next Wednesday’s game, so at least one…

135. savethepuck says: