31 players at Habs rookie camp

Including P.K., Lars Eller, Louis Leblanc, Ian Schultz and Jarred Tinordi.

Training starts Monday at the complex in Brossard. See below for the schedule and roster of players.

* Price on the ice

Rookie camp information, from the Canadiens:

1. nunacanadien says:

And apparently because they changed the color of Halaks gatorade last year so they had no choice but to trade Halak, apparently Halak’s gatorade color clashed all season last year with Carey Price’s gatorade, so Gauthier’s Feng Su consultant recommended trading Halak to bring back Feng Su balance to Montreal.  Awww the terrible decisions our Habs senior management has to make at all these corporate retreats.

Sheldon

Oh no! not another common sence person on here. One day we are going to out number the narrow minded.

Welcome aboard. Fill out your profile. Click on this to see about our fan SUMMIT in Mtl.

Ian Cobb

3. TorontoHabsFan says:

The Canadian history nerd in me is dying for the chance to buy a Gabriel Dumont Canadiens jersey! The only thing better would be a Dumont Team Canada jersey :)

4. HabFab says:

Don’t know if you where around in 76-77, but that year each of those 8 loses felt like a Stanley Cup 7th game O/T loss. Perspective is reality.

5. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

I used try and take a day off of work to go to one of the training camp days. But it used to be WAYYY better when it was in Pierrefonds and you could actually SIT in the stands, feel the cold of the ice, hear the players chat to each other etc..

The Brossard practice facilty makes it really lame that you you have to stand above the ice and watch through plexi-glass.

Why don’t the open the stands up to the public?

6. mbplekfan says:

One note on rookie camps.

This is about ice time for the top prospects. Get them out there with big league coaches and evaluate their game.

Look for diamonds in the rough from try-outs, otherwise those are just pylons for the main attractions.

Hopefully nobody of consequence gets hurt

Stupidity would be some walk-on idiot or low level draft pick engaging in physical shenanigans with PK or Avtsin.

They don’t know it Leigh Anne, but we are in for a great ride this season. We are younger, faster, and yes even bigger. Not only that, when they are wearing our colours, they become even better!!

Should be a fun year on here as well, as long as we just skip over the jerks that don’t know the game.

8. nunacanadien says:

Vs Price’s lifetime record with the Habs, let’s see, one stanley cup series entirely goalied by Price,  4up and 4down, priceless, or hey how about last season’s record 13 wins 20 losses?  Hmmm….vs Halak’s win record which helped the Habs get into the playoffs and further into the playoffs than Price ever went…..interesting statistics indeed.  No wonder the person who knows nothing about hockey wonders, like the whole world who knows about hockey, wonders why Gauthier traded Halak…..if anyone knows the real reason why please let me know.

9. coachdoug says:

Have been telling my wife we need to move to Montreal…

I have been on my summer HIO break but have jumped back on as the season is gearing up…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

10. J.T. says:

THREE?  This bunch of losers are going to drop three whole games?  Oh man!  That’s a 30% losing rate.  Unacceptable!

COOL thanks Frank!

Bummer!!Doug

Was looking forward to seeing you. Maybe next year. But I always read you on here. Keep it up.

13. twocents says:

Sounds good, Ian. I’ll gladly take 7-3.

14. J.T. says:

He’s not those guys, though.  He’s more a Carbonneau style of player.  Remember, Carbo ripped it up on the scoreboard in junior as well.  I think there’s no questioning the desire Dumont’s got, or his potential as a two-way player.  It’s a matter of whether the team will give him a real shot with so many smaller guys already on the roster.

Glad you liked it Rob , send it back to me, I deleted it.

16. HabFab says:

Holy crap!! Hockey season must be upon us, a couple of the old heavyweights appear.

A little grumpy from hibernation but welcome just the same.

17. SLONCOLD says:

all of carey price’s saves are team stats because of his defense. he’s acoomplished nothing on his own but through the help of his team… goalies sooo over rated lol blah blah blah

18. SeriousFan09 says:

Cammy is 5’9″ and weighs maybe 185, Dumont seems to have a scoring touch, but he will likely have a Gionta/St. Louis/Cammy style road to the NHL if he makes it there.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

19. coachdoug says:

Ian…Are you running an HIO rookie posters camp?…might be a good idea…I am sure once the puck drops we will see some rookie posts…

Can’t make the summit after all this year…our travel schedule for the team is worse than last year and we have an away double header that weekend :-(…

Sad part is it looks like I will have no free days to make the pilgrimage to the Bell Center this year…I’ll have to catch the Habs when they come local and play the Canes…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

Eric,

Won’t be to much longer and we will be 7and 3 after the first 10, someone will surely belly ache. But you and I will sit back every game and enjoy the building process my friend.

21. SmartDog says:

Sounds like an all day project that one.  Better have a six-pack on hand!

BTW, funny joke (newf attacks the US).  I’ve sent it to my Newfy friends back east.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

22. Storm Man says:

When Gargamel hits the ice you won’t see him as a impact player as he will turn blue and stay with the Bulldogs.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

23. J.T. says:

Because…surprise, surprise…he’s 5’10”, 180lbs (on a good day).  He’s all heart and soul, and he can play both ends of the ice, but he translates to an NHL bottom-sixer and his size plays against him.

24. HabFab says:

Undersized…yes… but not overaged.

Rob, I’m dyslectic,

I see images upside down already! But when on its side, I have to get to the top of my ladder and put a large mirror on the floor to read it.!

26. twocents says:

Because everyone here is too busy whining about things that are past and for which nothing can be done. That and looking to other organizations and seeing only what they want to see and crying about we can’t do what they are doing.

If any other team had the rights to Dumont, you can bet this board would be filled with whining posts questioning why the Habs didn’t draft him. As it is, there’s only good news involved with him so nothing is said. Kind of like Avtsin who people in Russia believe is one of their best prospects.

Instead, people here prefer to beat late horses.

27. mbplekfan says:

Over-aged in the Q

Under-sized everywhere else…

28. HabFab says:

Try here Ian.

Click on Rookie Camp and

Click on players for more details.

29. SeriousFan09 says:

5’9″ and played on a pretty strong Q team with Drummondville, never really saw much out of him when he was promoted to join the Dogs towards the very end of the year, IMO, likely spending two years in the AHL at the last. He will need to maximize his conditioning and have as complete a game as possible to contend for the NHL I think.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

30. SmartDog says:

Just think of it as a sexy hockey centerfold. :P

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

31. HabFab says:

Also QMJHL’s Defensive Player of the Year.

Tough to read normaly,! but on its side.?

Must be a Boone rookie camp test.?

33. JD_ says:

I thought Gauthier was taking the stats that were before Halak had shown what HIO said about Price not having had the previous stats showing what JM said. So, I think that means that the win-loss before Halak had brought in the change that came after Price worked with the new goaltending coach was right after Gauthier said that.

34. SmartDog says:

What’s the story on Dumont?   51 goals in 62 games and 100-plus penalty minutes.  Seems like an impact player.  Why don’t we hear more about him?

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

Harani–thanks for putting up all the stuff my friend.

36. TorontoHabsFan says:

Yeah, it would appear that $2m/yr is just about the most GMs will pay for 3rd line talent (unless you’re Brian Burke and you’ll pay Colby freaking Armstrong $3m/yr ;)

37. RS says:

That’s a bit of a strange choice for his mask. I agree, but your column (Robert L) is well below your usual standards. But hey, everybody makes mistakes.

38. mbplekfan says:

Red meat for the franco media. Nothing of consequence here.

These guys are longshots to be longshots…

39. Tony000 says:

If 1 million dollars differance this year, or 5.5 million to 15 million long term, is “equivalently the same” to you. Do you think you could lend me some money? I’ll pay you back equivalently the same.

40. Natrous says:

I had no idea Gorges played for the Cleveland Barons?

:P

41. joeybarrie says:

Jaroslav Halak 2924 saves for the Canadiens…

Carey Price 3827 saves for the Canadiens…

Those of us with common sense know why Halak was traded. Tell your friend to call me next time she has a question she wants actually answered as opposed to simply stating comments.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

42. cautiousoptimist says:

Woo!  Nice work!

1. http://www.flickeringpictures.com – not a hockey site, but still kinda neat
  43. avatar_58 says:

Did you fall on your head as a child? Might want to get that checked out

44. HabFab says:

Welcome Sheldon, if you have been lurking then you will have noticed that half of the posters have asked the same question while the other half argued with each other. You don’t have to love freedom of expression so much as ignore it sometimes.

Enjoy!

45. Chorske says:

And they’re so heavy

46. HabFab says:

Rookie Camp Try-outs;

Jonathan Brunelle – 19 – F – was ranked 101-105 by Central Scouting in last draft but was undrafted.

Nicolas Champion – 20 – G – undrafted but had very good numbers in the Q

Peter Delmas – 20 – G – was drafted 61st / 62nd by Colorado. Did not have a good year in the Q, Colorado chose not to sign.

Sebastien Bisaillon – 24 – D – played in ECHL, AHL and last year in Germany…another MAB type but bigger

Marc Antoine Desnoyers – 21 – D – was Drummondvilles offensive defenseman last season as an overage

47. WarHero says:

Thx Jim!!

Excellent work Harani!!

————————————————————————

48. HabsFanInTampa says:

Thanx 4 taking the time 2 do that, Harani.

49. nunacanadien says:

Let’s get real here.  Gauthier knew Price would be asking equivalently around the same as Halak.  Any other GM would have kept Halak and let Price go or be traded.  In Montreal fans get angry if you speak out against their annointed backup goalie Carey Price, just cause he won a Calder Cup some years ago and this magically means one day he will transform like a butterfly and get us a Stanley Cup.  If you are going to build a team this way, do it right.  Don’t let your winning goalie go, just so you can sign a very expensive backup goalie like Carey Price.

50. Kooch7800 says:

Hopefully he will but with the salary cap the third and fourth line guys seem to ship out quite a bit

51. Bar says:

This is my first post on here, I usually just lurk, but I had to start posting. Why are users continuing to bring up stories related to a player that is no longer with the team? This is accomplishing nothing but furthering the divide between fans and the current team. This is a site about the Habs as far as I can tell, bringing up past players just doesn’t add anything but fuel to the fire for the trolls. I know this isn’t exactly about the player in question and sort of relates to a Habs great in the past, but it’s a stretch.

~Habs Fans: Killing Prospects is a past time!~

52. observer says:

Plante was a great Habs goaltender, very inventive too – that’s where his fame came from. Then he played for about everyone else.

53. Bar says:

Double post please delete.

54. GrimJim says:

Their pictures are already in tri-colour. I just checked.

Harani, great job on correcting all this. It’s above and beyond…

55. TorontoHabsFan says:

Man, I sure hope Moen signs long-term in Montreal – he’s such a versatile forward to have on your team. A Moen with more edge? I’d be very happy with that!

56. WarHero says:

Travis Moen? Spacek?

————————————————————————

57. nunacanadien says:

Apparently the Laffs dismal 45 year loss record was almost made wearing ITECH cowboy masks, hooray!  Let the 100 year slump begin with St. Carey Price, patron saint for Laffs fans.

58. WarHero says:

Travis Moen? Spacek?

————————————————————————

59. nunacanadien says:

Apparently Price’s fans managed to convice Gauthier they were right and Halak’s obvious facts were wrong.  So sorry, the official stats showing Halak as the winner were removed in Montreal, and the HIO stats showing Price as having superior stats in all of the past three years stay inspite of his pathetic loss record.

60. HabFab says:

He also had better offensive numbers in Junior.

61. avatar_58 says:

“…who knows nothing about hockey”

So who cares? You just answered your own question.

62. nunacanadien says:

No apparently the Carey Price Propoganda worked on HIO.  Gainey used the stats which showed Price as the superior goalie in sitting on the bench all last year to trade Halak and convince the Molsons Halak had the worst stats.  See what happens when Hockey Fans don’t speak up to these brown nosing Price fans?

63. SeriousFan09 says:

Thanks for the diligent work Harani!

Can’t believe Josh was stuck in that silly teal jersey all this time.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

64. rocketsglare says:

I see no problem in Halak wanting to honor Plante. Plante was after all once a Blues netminder. I think we tend to

make to much of a goalies mask design. Remember how some made an issue of Halak’s long horned “demon” or

some of Price’s designs. I care more how a goalie plays than how good their mask look.

If Halak or for that matter, Price are comfortable with the design they have chosen to be on their mask and that the

design is not offensive, then by all means let them.

As for Walsh, who cares what he has to say. Lets just move on in regards to this guy.

65. keepthefaith says:

If i have to read another post like this one above , i am going to throw up in my mouth and hopefully i will be able to spit it out somewhere instead of swallow it again.  Pretty sure its not just your friend who knows nothing about hockey.

66. Harani says:

DONE!

“It must be love!”

67. avatar_58 says:

Exactly! Though I have to say I preferred the itech version, the original. I don’t like the bauer ‘fat’ looking new one with the red backing. To me it just looks weird, given it’s his old design with a different shape.

I don’t know, I’m just picky….

Classic Carey

New Carey (red back)

See what I mean?

68. SLONCOLD says:

3.75 million a year is why they couldn’t keep halak. last i checked you sign players that make your team better. Agents play a media game big deal… they don’t score goals or make saves.

69. Harani says:

I went through the roster and Gorges was still a shark! Here’s the updated ones:

Josh Gorges

Hal Gill

Mathieu Darche

And here are guys who didn’t have any pictures:

Benoit Pouliot

Tom Pyatt

P.K. Subban

“It must be love!”

70. habs 4 future says:

my friend, who knows nothing about hockey, said to me: “how could they trade Halak, who was terrific for them, and keep Price, who was awful?”  I told her, the entire planet wants that question answered.

But II told her, habs management are total morons!!!!!!!!! they are the reason this team always, and will continue to fail!

71. SeriousFan09 says:

I like the big hits, but I’m also a noted thief, the amount of times my friend will curse me out for a poke-check or stick-lift is too high to reasonably count, much like the GA for the Leafs in a given season.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

72. Kooch7800 says:

Personally, I think he will be better than Moen.  Schultz is a little meaner.

The Bulldogs should look pretty good this year