31 players at Habs rookie camp

Including P.K., Lars Eller, Louis Leblanc, Ian Schultz and Jarred Tinordi.

Training starts Monday at the complex in Brossard. See below for the schedule and roster of players.

* Price on the ice

Rookie camp information, from the Canadiens:

1. habstrinifan says:

I like these two players. Hopefully Habs will stick with Dumont and give him real opportunity in year or two. He seems like a strong willed young man.

2. habstrinifan says:

I dont think we should be too hasty re writing off Dumont’s chances for NHL. Habs fans were salivating at prospects of getting Giroux from Philadelphia for one of our goalies and Girous and Dumont are similar size.

3. habstrinifan says:

Have refrained from asking cause I thought I was too late. But with withdrawals does it mean spaces are opening up?

4. Bar says:

I can grow a beard and become evil Sheldon!

~Habs Fans: Killing Prospects is a past time!~

5. GrimJim says:

Or Burke could trade TO’s 2012 and 2013 first round picks (and 2012 second rounder) to Anaheim for Ryan. Isn’t that how things are done on the Isle of Burke  (“where the food they grow is tough and tasteless, and the people even more so”)

6. punkster says:

Hang in there man. You have entered into a battle of wits with one who is defenseless. Don’t let that dissuade you from the good fight though. We’re with you.

7. punkster says:

Gonna be tough telling the Sheldons apart around here.

8. HabFab says:

Ah Don Quixote, I presume.

Save your logic for those who will listen…our good friend here can’t hear you over his own voice.

9. Mike Boone says:

Correct re NCAA players

Habs fans are like a school of Internet piranhas devouring every tid-bit of information online about the Habs.

Plante was an ex-Hab who played for the Blues and Halak is an ex-Hab now playing for the Blues.

This fact gets more bites from Habs fans than Blues fans.

I am perfectly OKAY with it. Life is competitive. Heck even sports are competitive. Imagine that. So what of it. It’s brilliant marketing if anything else.

11. New says:

Maybe Boone thinks everyone’s head is on the oak at this time fridays.

12. Storm Man says:

What if someone takes both :0

13. _Habsoloutly_ says:

should be interesting to see who drafts Price and who drafts Halak.   =)

14. SeriousFan09 says:

Anyone look at the pre-draft player rankings? Some of them are extremely messed up.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

15. SeriousFan09 says:

Officials must have gotten upset when the NHL suggested they’d only get paid for games when they appeared to be paying attention to what was going on.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

16. Storm Man says:

This is for the ESPN fantasy players. HIO 2010 Habs fans only draft is this Sunday at 9pm EST. HIO Unlimited is Monday at 7pm EST. The draft order will be determined by computer 1 hour before the draft. Enjoy your weekend.

17. Harani says:

THN.com has learned NHL has approached ECHL officials as replacements for NHL’s referees & linesmen in labor dispute.

Can’t be worse than Chris F. Lee right? Right?

“It must be love!”

18. New says:

Once again Robert I think you hit the nail square on the head. Halak was a Canadiens type guy and I like to think his agent was the main factor in the move. Take a look at what Halak has to compete with now. Jake Allen, Ty Conklin, and even Bishop. One unlucky pull and he could be fighting for a shot to get back into the lineup. Sometimes that doesn’t happen.

19. Bar says:

Price’s almost wins, you don’t think the fact he played the better teams had anything to do with this?

~Habs Fans: Killing Prospects is a past time!~

20. hab_skill says:

Anybody want to sign? Please?

21. Bar says:

Double post again.

22. SeriousFan09 says:

Bobby Ryan still unsigned in Anaheim, better fire the GM for standin’ pat as Tony would say.

They better hang on to him, the only successful draft pick that’s on their roster from the Burke regime.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

23. Bar says:

What has Halak won? Halak had a good run last season against weaker opponents and played acceptable in the playoffs,  but he was pulled 3 times and had a start replaced by Price. Scotty Bowan even gave Price a ringing endorsement, and he seems to know a thing or two. Halak has shown signs that he cannot do a heavy #1 workload, that worried me, also the gear changeing size this season also is worrisome since Halak was great down low and not so great up high, you bring in a smaller glove and smaller pads would he have the same results? I do not think so.

~Habs Fans: Killing Prospects is a past time!~

24. New says:

I suppose Sheldon it is an excuse for any failure. Rather than looking to the future of the team they can claim that “if player X was still here we would have done better and I told you so.” That way you can construct a falicious arguement to pretty well justify any position you wish to take. The arguement doesn’t hold water, but any time someone points that out you just come back with another one.  People see what they want to see. That works for the world and mirrors.

Mueller just signed for two years, at $2M per season while Cogliano got a one year deal at a mil.  Guerin says he wants to join Philly but I can’t see where they would fit him into their line-up.

26. Bar says:

I would take your type of posts (see: over the top) more seriously,
    if you cut down on the hyperbole. You bring up so called issues with
    the team, that have nothing to do with goaltending. Infact, you bring
    up lack of a size, so the habs kept Price at 6’3 instead of Halak at
    5’10, doesn’t that hurt your argument?

Playing the real hockey
    fan card is a weak argument as well, as I’ve seen more cases to keep
    price through stats, and solid arguments than what most Halak fans go
    on, emotion. I’ve yet to see a compelling argument from a Halak fan
    which backs their words up with facts.

Facts like: Price played
    the harder opponents, had a goal less a game goal support (which sort
    of meshes with the first point), never seem to make a difference with
    the Halak fans.

This has gotten off my initial point of why fans
    keep bringing up players who have left. It will not bring them back, so
    you’re venting frustration against fans of the team and making
    yourselves look petty.

~Habs Fans: Killing Prospects is a past time!~

27. saskhabfan says:

Yes,i’m sure the whole world is wondering why halak was traded. Thats what i read today in every europeon newspaper. There is nobody talking about it outside of anybody following the habs. Money was one reason and his agent was the other. Its only the local site dumbasses like yourself that are a little slow at the switch. Yup,real hockey fan alright. Real slow.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

28. sprague cleghorn says:

I was around, and after each and every one of those eight losses people were asking, “What’s wrong with the Canadiens?”

29. saskhabfan says:

Nah, i don’t think the gatorade was part of walsh’s twitter trade demands.

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

30. saskhabfan says:

“my friend, who knows nothing about hockey”- in other words you?

Leafstv “telling their fans they deserve to win for over 40 years”

31. SeriousFan09 says:

Just saying the smaller guys tend to have a longer road to the NHL, I wouldn’t expect Dumont to spend less than two years in the A before any real shot at the Habs.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

32. hab_skill says:

I am excited for this year and years to come. Prospects look good to me.

If anybody would like to sign, I have made an online petiton to get Pearl Jam to play the halftime show at Super Bowl 2011. Please sign it at:

Thanks a lot.

33. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

Oh ya… like Mac Bennette last year. Thanks for the clarification everyone :)

34. nunacanadien says:

Mysteriously Price’s win record is greater than his loss record, however those were in his first two years and before he got hurt.  In one year we won the division title even.  Halak has never done that.  Granted.  However, what Halak has done is to salvage 2 seasons under Price.  And the only thanks he got was to be crapped on by Price fans.

35. HabFab says:

They actually are but must pay their own way. You will notice that Walsh and Stejskal from Dartmouth are present but only due to the fact they have not started classes yet. The other Collegiate prospects have.

36. twocents says:

I believe U.S. college rules don’t allow their players to attend these camps. This explains 3 of those picks. Trunev is still in Russia and I believe Missiaen has been deemed a non prospect, as his development hasn’t… developed.

37. GrimJim says:

If I remember right, NCAA rules prohibit college players from going to professional team camps unless the player pays for all expenses, etc. He might have decided to not go to rookie camp because he doesn’t want to pay, or because he is already in school or some other personal reason. No big deal.

38. nunacanadien says:

That’s like Montreal getting rid of Gorges cause Subban had incredible Bulldogs stats and has a great pedigree as a result.  Just cause some junior posted great junior records does not always translate into a good pro career.  Some young athletes just do not make the jump.  In my opinion Price is one of those players.  What GM worth their weight in salt would let go the losing goalie, although Price’s NHL win record outshines Halak’s it is knowing when to win is key.   Price exceled when he first got into the NHL he was very promising.  Unfortunately for Price he also had a bad tendency like he does today, to let in floater shots above his right shoulder, or under his glove hand.  There is a big difference in the amount of goals scored in a game say with the Bulldogs, than say with the Habs.  If the Bulldogs score alot then there is alot of padding to save a win.  Price’s loss record unfortunately for most of us fans and why we hate him so much, is he loses just by a little bit. He is good enough just enough that makes you think he’ll win, then at the last moment late in the 3rd period he’ll give away the lead and then let in floater after floater.  This is why we loved Halak.

39. HabFab says:

And nunacanadien said “Uhh? MOMMMMMY….”

40. aemarchand11 says:

He’s still a college athlete and they are not eligible to attend rookie camps.

41. nunacanadien says:

Well some of us are real hockey fans, and as real hockey fans, we know a good goalie when we see one.  In fact the whole world is still wondering why Montreal traded Halak.  Cause as real hockey fans, we know Montreal lacks size, has a defensive glut, can’t win face offs and can’t repel an aggressive rush once Gomez coughs up the puck 100 times a game at least.

42. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

Why isn’t Danny Kristo on that list? Why aren’t any of the 2008 draft picks on that list? Maybe I just can’t read sideways???

I agree Steph.! I think I will wear my fake press pass this year!

44. nunacanadien says:

And apparently because they changed the color of Halaks gatorade last year so they had no choice but to trade Halak, apparently Halak’s gatorade color clashed all season last year with Carey Price’s gatorade, so Gauthier’s Feng Su consultant recommended trading Halak to bring back Feng Su balance to Montreal.  Awww the terrible decisions our Habs senior management has to make at all these corporate retreats.

Oh no! not another common sence person on here. One day we are going to out number the narrow minded.

Welcome aboard. Fill out your profile. Click on this to see about our fan SUMMIT in Mtl.

Ian Cobb

46. TorontoHabsFan says:

The Canadian history nerd in me is dying for the chance to buy a Gabriel Dumont Canadiens jersey! The only thing better would be a Dumont Team Canada jersey :)

47. HabFab says:

Don’t know if you where around in 76-77, but that year each of those 8 loses felt like a Stanley Cup 7th game O/T loss. Perspective is reality.

48. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

I used try and take a day off of work to go to one of the training camp days. But it used to be WAYYY better when it was in Pierrefonds and you could actually SIT in the stands, feel the cold of the ice, hear the players chat to each other etc..

The Brossard practice facilty makes it really lame that you you have to stand above the ice and watch through plexi-glass.

Why don’t the open the stands up to the public?

49. mbplekfan says:

One note on rookie camps.

This is about ice time for the top prospects. Get them out there with big league coaches and evaluate their game.

Look for diamonds in the rough from try-outs, otherwise those are just pylons for the main attractions.

Hopefully nobody of consequence gets hurt

Stupidity would be some walk-on idiot or low level draft pick engaging in physical shenanigans with PK or Avtsin.

They don’t know it Leigh Anne, but we are in for a great ride this season. We are younger, faster, and yes even bigger. Not only that, when they are wearing our colours, they become even better!!

Should be a fun year on here as well, as long as we just skip over the jerks that don’t know the game.

51. nunacanadien says:

Vs Price’s lifetime record with the Habs, let’s see, one stanley cup series entirely goalied by Price,  4up and 4down, priceless, or hey how about last season’s record 13 wins 20 losses?  Hmmm….vs Halak’s win record which helped the Habs get into the playoffs and further into the playoffs than Price ever went…..interesting statistics indeed.  No wonder the person who knows nothing about hockey wonders, like the whole world who knows about hockey, wonders why Gauthier traded Halak…..if anyone knows the real reason why please let me know.

52. coachdoug says:

Have been telling my wife we need to move to Montreal…

I have been on my summer HIO break but have jumped back on as the season is gearing up…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

53. J.T. says:

THREE?  This bunch of losers are going to drop three whole games?  Oh man!  That’s a 30% losing rate.  Unacceptable!

COOL thanks Frank!

Was looking forward to seeing you. Maybe next year. But I always read you on here. Keep it up.

56. twocents says:

Sounds good, Ian. I’ll gladly take 7-3.

57. J.T. says:

He’s not those guys, though.  He’s more a Carbonneau style of player.  Remember, Carbo ripped it up on the scoreboard in junior as well.  I think there’s no questioning the desire Dumont’s got, or his potential as a two-way player.  It’s a matter of whether the team will give him a real shot with so many smaller guys already on the roster.

Glad you liked it Rob , send it back to me, I deleted it.

59. HabFab says:

Holy crap!! Hockey season must be upon us, a couple of the old heavyweights appear.

A little grumpy from hibernation but welcome just the same.

60. SLONCOLD says:

all of carey price’s saves are team stats because of his defense. he’s acoomplished nothing on his own but through the help of his team… goalies sooo over rated lol blah blah blah

61. SeriousFan09 says:

Cammy is 5’9″ and weighs maybe 185, Dumont seems to have a scoring touch, but he will likely have a Gionta/St. Louis/Cammy style road to the NHL if he makes it there.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

62. coachdoug says:

Ian…Are you running an HIO rookie posters camp?…might be a good idea…I am sure once the puck drops we will see some rookie posts…

Can’t make the summit after all this year…our travel schedule for the team is worse than last year and we have an away double header that weekend :-(…

Sad part is it looks like I will have no free days to make the pilgrimage to the Bell Center this year…I’ll have to catch the Habs when they come local and play the Canes…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

Won’t be to much longer and we will be 7and 3 after the first 10, someone will surely belly ache. But you and I will sit back every game and enjoy the building process my friend.

64. SmartDog says:

Sounds like an all day project that one.  Better have a six-pack on hand!

BTW, funny joke (newf attacks the US).  I’ve sent it to my Newfy friends back east.

Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

65. Storm Man says:

When Gargamel hits the ice you won’t see him as a impact player as he will turn blue and stay with the Bulldogs.

The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team.

66. J.T. says:

Because…surprise, surprise…he’s 5’10”, 180lbs (on a good day).  He’s all heart and soul, and he can play both ends of the ice, but he translates to an NHL bottom-sixer and his size plays against him.

67. HabFab says:

Undersized…yes… but not overaged.

Rob, I’m dyslectic,

I see images upside down already! But when on its side, I have to get to the top of my ladder and put a large mirror on the floor to read it.!

69. twocents says:

Because everyone here is too busy whining about things that are past and for which nothing can be done. That and looking to other organizations and seeing only what they want to see and crying about we can’t do what they are doing.

If any other team had the rights to Dumont, you can bet this board would be filled with whining posts questioning why the Habs didn’t draft him. As it is, there’s only good news involved with him so nothing is said. Kind of like Avtsin who people in Russia believe is one of their best prospects.

Instead, people here prefer to beat late horses.

70. mbplekfan says:

Over-aged in the Q

Under-sized everywhere else…

71. HabFab says:

Try here Ian.

Click on Rookie Camp and

Click on players for more details.

72. SeriousFan09 says:

5’9″ and played on a pretty strong Q team with Drummondville, never really saw much out of him when he was promoted to join the Dogs towards the very end of the year, IMO, likely spending two years in the AHL at the last. He will need to maximize his conditioning and have as complete a game as possible to contend for the NHL I think.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.