15 seconds of fame

Before last night’s game I went out to Centennial Plaza to meet the girls who had held up a We (heart) Boone sign in their seats behind the pressbox a couple weeks ago.

In the photo I’m flanked by my Blog Bunnies: Habs Inside/out fans Andrée-Anne Descart (right, in the Gorges jersey), who works for an insurance company in Montreal, and Karine Valiquette, who’s studying to teach English as a Second Language.

Big hugs, ladies.

You made an old man’s day.

•  •  •

Two excellent pieces about last night’s game:

Michael Farber in Sports Illustrated

Scott Burnside of ESPN

•  •  •

From Jarred Friedman, today’s inspirational video

uiCRZLr9oRw

We all love you Boone!

The girls sure make you stand out in their great sweaters.!!

2. coachdoug says:

Tonight’s game is like rubber necking a bad car crash…I think I don’t want to watch it but I find my self wanting to anyway just to see the mayhem…

Did anyone see golf clubs getting loaded up on the Charter flight?

If the Habs go out tonight I find myself rooting for the Sens these days after their triple overtime display of heart last night…

“Save us Turtleneck Man…We need you now more than ever!”

3. Clay4bc says:

….and Carey Price – petulant baby still in diapers masquerading as an NHL goalie – and failing miserably.

_________________

Don’t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

4. Clay4bc says:

I still can’t believe people are defending Price for his classless move. Shooting the puck at a players celebration after they score is not tolerated in Timbits hockey – why are we tolerating it here?

Stop the foolish blind patronage. Are you not fans of sport here, or are you only fans of the team? Sports entails certain ways of comporting yourself. If a Caps (or any other team’s) player had done that, you would all be calling it exactly what it is – a classless move by an immature brat who needs a good spanking. Bench him, and then trade his rights in the off-season for whatever chaff we can get for his sorry a**. I’m sick of players like him on the team, he is just Michael Ribeiro 2.

_________________

5. CHsam says:

YEEEEEEEAAAAHH BOONE !

Barney Panofsky would be damn proud 😉 (as he pulls on his Romeo & Julieta No. 2 at Winnie’s)

6. mbplekfan says:

In order for this team to succeed and become a more realistic contender they need some of the younger players to mature and develop into the players we though they could become when they were drafted or signed.

AKost has to be good for 40 goals and more physical play.

Pouliot has to be good for 30 plus goals and more physical play.

PK Subban has to make the team and give us another weapon from the blueline.

Pacioretty has to either score more or get physical more often. ( recurring theme with this team)

We need a big center. Either lose Pleks and sign one or sign him and trade for one with one of the goalies.

We need a tougher defence. Markov, Spacek, Gorges, Hamrlik, MAB dont scare or intimidate forwards.

Sergei has to become a top six forward and allow us to move one of our small wingers.

7. Tis Himself says:

You can rag on the Sens all you want, but at least they won’t go out without a fight.

8. Tis Himself says:

Special playoff coffee mugs for Habs’ fans:

9. Habitant in Surrey says:

…felt sorry for Hammer and Halak runnin’ out of gas in these playoffs …both were essential to We making the playoffs this season

…I was one of the earliest to make the case for Halak way back when …and besides Our D not being the best for either Carey or Jaro, …it was Jaro that ‘saved’ Our bacon this season (…although HardHabits has a valid argument that MAYBE it kept Us from a better selection in this summer’s Draft) …Jaro just was emotionally spent at end of season and these playoffs

…Carey replacing Jaro, I also saw a Price that was pedestrian and still not an elite difference-maker

…do We let Jaro have His chance to finish these playoffs which He was most responsible between Our 2 goalies to make ‘this dance’ ? …or accept the inevitable, that Carey Price is the annointed, whether for better or worse, Our Goalie Of The Future ?

…IF I was Martin it is a decision that would be pulling Me in 2 directions …and IF I had to make the decision I would reluctantly choose Price, if only for the experience and a sign of Management’s encouragement We have not given up on Him (…but somebody better slap Him upside the head to …GROW TF UP !)

…Ovechkin spraying the flag-boy ? …a case of a million-dollar physical talent mated to a 2-penney brain …Ovie I believe will be a short-burning flare in the NHL sky, because he’s cruisin’ for a serious bruisin’ and come-uppance

…in the debate of WHAT is best for the Montreal Canadiens …will Our Fans allow Our Team descend for a season or so to obtain the Ovechkin, Malkin or Crosby-level of talent We yearn to see on Our Team again ? …or hope for Our GM to use His ‘smarts’ and ‘luck’ to assemble an elite-Team ? …I don’t think if We look at these playoffs rationally that We can be blind to the fact We are not that far away from a contending Team …whether from what exists in Our Organisation in the minors, trade or free-agency …We are but a few pieces short …salary-cap restrictions, or not

…all I can say, is but repeat saying that I certainly ‘love’ and admire this season’s Team more than last season’s …and THAT alone was a great leap forward

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

10. Habitant in Surrey says:

…thanks for reminding of some great hot nights …Errol Brown and Hot Chocolate were part of those memories of the 70s & 80’s …from Brother Louie (…don’t want no honkie in MY family …don’t want no spook in MY family) to Heaven’s In The Back Seat Of My Cadillac

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

11. ooder says:

Malkin started it Crosby finished it

these two are so dominant

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

12. Y says:

“Stanley Cup Contender” are on the verge of elimination.

13. Bill says:

Jacques Martin – Befuddled. Uninspired. Still partying like it’s 1999, hasn’t adapted to My New NHL rules. Was Martin really the best French coach available? Or just the best French coach who was also Gauthier’s best pal? Either way, we are stuck with this obsolete old turd behind the bench for another three years!!

Pierre Gauthier – One thing we’ve learned about hockey in Montreal: beware of vegetarians. Reasons not to be optimistic about the future with him include his fingerprints all over Martin’s hiring, and his late-season solution to the Habs’ woes: Dominic Moore for a 2nd rounder.

Scott Gomez – 7.5 Million Dollars. In a salary cap league, that’s disastrous.

About a quarter of the Habs cap space next year will be spent on Gomez and Hamrlik.

Full Breezer 4 Life

14. badbalance says:

Price showed some passion last game, nothing wrong with being frustrated, as if the rest of the team never took a dumb penalty all season. Halak doesn’t seem to get angry and doesn’t have that spark to him. Halak is jsut a regular guy. I say Price starts next game and the team will get a win for him finally.

And Boone, your quite the Pimp if you ask me.

15. Danno says:

Dear Mr. Boone,

This video is dedicated to you and our beloved Habs.

Give it a listen and I’m sure you’ll understand and appreciate it.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

16. TripleX says: