Yeah, they’re that good

The Capitals bombarded Carey Price with 41 shots and won their ninth straight against a depleted Canadiens lineup.

Start prayin’ for Plekanec.

1. ClaytonM says:

Dirty hits, cheap shots, whatever you want to call them, they had one thing in common besides the head injuries – the non-chalant skate away from the scene of the crime without looking back.

Ken Dryden For NHL Commissioner

2. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

yes, its a limited #…. but one player is worth it… just to send a message.

I’d take HENRY over WEBER or PYATT depending on if you’d use him on the 4th line…

just imagine HENRY-WHITE-MOEN

3. Propwash says:

He doesn’t care about nothing but his own pocketbook.

4. HUDSONHAB says:

Back in the day when you could use your farm team to call up players for specific games when you wanted to, this would be a good idea. Now however, there are call up rules and waivers. This makes it hard to make any such moves.

I am not sure exactly what the rules are but there is something about having only a number (4 perhaps?) of call ups after a certain date. I think I heard Burke bitchin about this one day.

….Hab4life….

5. jbroderi says:

agreed.  we gave it a good week of discussion, but now I am starting to get the play-off feeling in my bones again.

F*ck Boston

F*ck Chara

F*ck, Milbury, Bettman, Murphy and Campbell

F*ck Kypreos, Doug MacLean and Queen Cherry

Go Habs Go!! We still got a good squad with a good system and hopefully can make some noise.

I am craving pork chops!  I think we should roast the little piggy Boudreau with a 5 1 victory tonight!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

6. avatar_58 says:

NO. I hate vertical stripes. Terrible. Look at edmonton. Yuck…..stick to the classics

7. CBrady12 says:

How far do you think Price can take us in the playoffs?

We have a very solid system that is hard to play against, but the biggest reason for the Habs success is goaltending.

If Price can be at the top of his game come playoffs, I think he can take us as far as last season if not further.

Needless to say hes been one of if not the best goalie in the NHL this season and I hope he can keep that level of play up in the playoffs.

The one thing I’m worried about is him becoming fatigued but hey, hes a THOROUGHBRED !! GO HABS!!

8. mrhabby says:

Price could be very busy tonight.

would be nice if the big dollar players step up…gionta, ak, cams, gomez. all around team effort and no passengers.

9. jbroderi says:

Stay Puff Marshmellow face is back to yapping off!!   Check the link.

10. RetroMikey says:

That’s it!  Drop the friggin puck!  Move forward with this team than backwards!

Gonna be an exciting game!

We got to play with our speed and skill tonight againt a similar team in Washington.

We gotta win at home as well.  Arnott and Backstrom are out and take advantage of this as well.

I

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

11. OneTimer says:

The Habs’ red jersey truly is perfection.

12. avatar_58 says:

That’s rich given what one of his clowns did to Crosby

13. OverseasFan says:

The Habs uniform is hideous.
    Remember the centennial horizontal striped shirts that made everyone look ridiculously wide, given how much more padding hockey players wear today?
    So Hilfilger has brought back the WORST of our uniforms and then added a sash.
    It’s like a beauty pagent queen gone horribly wrong.

14. C3P1 says:

you actually think that was a dirty hit? wow.

15. oshawahabsfan says:

It was a well placed “accidental” hit, one where he didn’t try too hard to avoid contact

16. oshawahabsfan says:

He just knows they’re going to lose to us again, so he’s trying to make a statement any way he can

So Murphy thinks the still shots and slow motion don’t apply.  I guess it never happened.  How can he not realize that slow motion is the detail of what happens in real time.

The article fails to mention what a successful Head Coach he was.  Oh i looked at his record in detail like slow motion that shouldn’t count.   The fact he coached is all that matters….

18. Chorske says:

Holy double standard, hero. Like Crosby says, if you have time to line a guy up, you also have time to adjust so you don’t smack his head. It was another example of a player going for a game-changing, intimidating big hit without much regard for the consequences.

19. Chorske says:

We’ll just throw him into the pile with Cherry, Mckenzie, Milbury, Bettman, etc

20. C3P1 says:

I mean there is a huge difference between driving someone into a turnbucke on iterference and literally running into them on a rush up ice. Maybe I have a bias because I’m american and I hate crosby on principle because of the olympics, but as I said below, 87 is out because of how poorly his concussion was managed.

21. Danno says:

What the f— is wrong with Bruce F Boudrea? I thought he f—ing enjoyed f—ing freedom of f—ing speech?

So, why the f— does he not appreciate others having the right to it?

22. C3P1 says:

bob mckenzie tweets:

GMs, BTW, overwhelmingly viewed Chara-Pacioretty as “hockey play” I’m told vote was 24-6 on it as a play that didn’t require discipline

23. oshawahabsfan says:

It was mismanaged no doubt, but the Steckel hit was the one that did more damage

24. JF says:

So in the opinion of all of them, it’s OK to use your arm to drive someone’s head into a metal stanchion at full speed.  God help the players and the game if that’s just a hockey play.

25. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

one player doesn’t make us a GOON squad….. but it does send a good message…

yeah, you were ridiculing WHITE… not good, listen to the Prof!!!!

26. DearyLeary says:

What a bunch of malarkey.  The NHL set the standard with the Ovechkin suspension.  Reckless play that results in the injury of another player should result in a suspension.

27. ClaytonM says:

Just more proof that the leafs are Canada’s team in 416, and Montreal is THE team for the rest of the world.

Ken Dryden For NHL Commissioner

28. C3P1 says:

fine, but it wasn’t intentional the way chara’s was. I’m sorry, I just don’t see it.

29. longtimehabsfan says:

Just listened to clips of Bettman’s comments on Team 990.  I think he’s either delusional, in denial, or both.

30. jbroderi says:

Sather, Tambellini, Snow, Burke, Stan Bowman??(Mister I ride on dad’s coat tails and take the credit for Dale Tallon) Mike Gillis, former player agent, are just a few of the GM who are either out of touch with the game or just plain retarded.

I’m ok with the 6 out of 30 gms saying there needs to be punishment in the Chara incident, becuase that is just the NHL.  That is why there hasn’t been, or will be, meaningful change for a long time.  Most canadians would love a tax cut, but that doesn’t mean that the country will run more smoothly if the government does it.

The fact is, until we make players responsible for their actions, then we will have a very dangerous sport on our hands, needlessly dangerous, I might add.

All these new rules??  Who cares.. Just give guys stiffer suspensions.  Rule 48, in oder to be enforced, can’t give a guy a small 3 game suspension for targeting a head.  make it 10 to 12, and then Kubina and the rest of the league will take notice.  Having more rules won’t help, but strictly enforcing the ones we have with stiff suspensions will!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

31. Mr.Hazard says:

My mom, who knows little about hockey, heard segments of what he said on radio, and she assumed he wasn’t all there. She was like “But there must be something wrong with him? He sounds completely off his rocker.” She couldn’t believe it when I told her he had a law degree. Her opinion wasn’t based on WHAT he was saying, just the way he spoke. He’s a nutcase.

32. sidhu says:

The Hilfiger Canadiens jerseys — don’t mess with a classic.  The white sash makes the Habs look like pageant contestants, not members of the greatest franchise in sports.

33. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

HENRY 6’6″  230lbs better be called up for the March 24th game… thats all that matters.

He was playing in the NHL when some of our guys were in Tyke… He’s fought every tough fighter in his over 100 NHL games, and has over 200 PIM..

This guy must be in the lineup for the 24th

PLAYER BIO:

ASSETS: Brings a lot of physical presence to the lineup. Hits early and often. Will not back down from anyone. Can line up both on defense and at left wing.

FLAWS: Lacks skating speed and quickness. May not be able to handle the NHL’s best finesse forwards, especially to the outside.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Physical reserve defenseman.

other than that important fact/plea…. the team is doing GREAT!!!!!!!!

Wednesday March, 9th, 2011 – the day NHL Hockey “officially” died

34. darcy1 says:

Bruce Boudreau says those that don’t like head hits should stay away from the game. Does that mean crosby should stay away too ?

——————-
    ”If you’ve only got one day to live, come see the Toronto Maple Leafs. It’ll seem like forever. ” Pat Foley (Blackhawks broadcaster)

35. longtimehabsfan says:

Just stick a microphone in front of BB’s mouth and you’ll get a story.

36. sidhu says:

I wonder how many GM’s were hesitant to openly object to the NHL’s decision AFTER it was made.  It would have been better to ask them before the decision was reached, ‘what do you think should happen.’

In either case, I’m disappointed they didn’t have the guts to take a principled stand, even if it would make them look bad in the eyes of the league.

I wonder if all 6 were north of the border.

37. HabFarmer says:

Brucie’s just upset his real career didn’t pan out.  He’s #7 I believe:

A man’s attitude… a man’s attitude goes some ways. The way his life will be. Is that somethin’ you agree with?

38. Lafrich says:

So, there were 6 guys that are GMs of NHL hockey teams that had an issue with it. Assuming the same rate, 120 out of 600 players think it is not a hockey play either. Is that not cause for concern????

39. Lafrich says:

Didn’t even think about the fact this was asked of the GMs post decision. Great point.

40. SPATS says:

No mention of the history between the 2. Chara’s temper prominently on display after Max’s overtime winner and how he hunted Max down and was 3rd man in during the melee in Beantown. He even threw a suckerpunch on Max while he was tied up with the other player. Disgusting

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

41. B says:

If the league is extraordinarily comfortable with their decision that it was just a hockey play, then why are the GMs voting on it? That just doesn’t sound like an extraordinary level of comfort to me.

Steckel made zero effort not to hit Crosby.  A person is responsible for their arm/elbow when skating.  Call it intentional or unintentional, he made his arm/elbow/shoulder hit crosby.  No puck in sight.  The Classic “Hockey Play”.

You are also correct however, that Pittsburgh completely mismanaged Crosby.  100% agree on that.

43. jbroderi says:

It is really simple.  It would only be a hockey play if the puck was in Pathces feet.  if that was the case, I agree that no suspension would be warranted.  Sure, Chara might have tried to do it, and may have been reckless, but the “hockey play” label would stick.  IT WAS A LATE, RECKLESS HIT.  The puck was no where around, it was a violent infraction that, intent or not, Chara has to be responsible for.  Geez, even 3 to 5 games would have been palatable.

Again, the fact that it was really late is what makes this a bigger issue, for me anyway!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

44. Lafrich says:

Perfectly put.

45. wd40 says:

Bang on!   At this point, as a GM, you’re not being asked if you think the hit was a suspendable offense as much as you’re being asked if you wish to take a stance which would contradict what the NHL decided.

46. C3P1 says:

ok I see your point there. but its not ludicrous to call something that happens literally 50 times a game a hockey play; it is ludicrous to call something that has happened like ONCE a hockey play. thats my point.

47. habinypsi says:

If Boudreau doesn’t like Habs fans voicing their opinion, than he can take his team back to DC and forfeit the game.

48. Chorske says:

I still think that we beat the Bruins with finesse and discipline, not by sinking to their level of goonery and thuggishness. But then, I think White did a fine job teaching Boychuk about knee-on-knee contact, and when not to attempt it on Subban.

Any other week, I’d comment on how CRAZY you are. But I ate so much crow last Tuesday (and it cost me a round of Bushmills at Hurleys, too) that I am just going to be quiet.

49. habsruleworld says:

BOUDREAU Needs to take Gainey’s advice, just shut up and play,

you overfed pig at the trough(I added the last part, it felt good too)

Boudreau did not learn his lesson in the past, he tries to mouth off to create controversy, take the focus away from the game,

never works pudgy boy, HABS WIN!

50. andrewberkshire says:

Boudreau would love it if Crosby stayed away.

51. Graves says:

Damn, those uniforms are hideous.

52. Chorske says:

It’s like a bunch of prisoners tried to dress up as french sailors who play rubgy. It’s RIDICULOUS.

53. Axeman says:

Not that I wish what happened to Max-Pac on any other player, but I almost cannot wait until the shoe is on the other foot, and a player from ANY team other than the Canadiens falls victim to a similar “hockey play”.  You don’t think Boudreau’s face would be even more puffed up if it was Ovechkin that had been hit into the stantion like that?

54. eyhp says:

I wonder if those GMs would still think that was a “hockey play” if Max-Pac was paralysed or died from the hit. Shameful.

55. V says:

Agree with those that are not too impressed with the Hilfinger Canadiens uni… not my cup of tea. But you have to admire the company we are keeping in that article. When you think of the iconic franchises in those four sports, those are the four teams that spring to mind.

Maybe the Canadiens uniform includes underwear with the Leaf logo in the back.

56. Propwash says:

Btw, Thanks a billion for the shot Chorske!

I hear you, it just seems all these Hockey People have become so desensitized to how much needless contact/cheap shots are going on, and again with this equipment, these little shots like Steckles are not little.

The whole Chara hit, to me is reprehensible and I can’t believe people aside from Hab fans it seems, are so flippant about it.  Disgusts me.

58. Sakus Evil Twin says:

I wonder if a matching handbag and shoes were designed for that Habs uniform.

No answers, just opinions. Bite me. Och.

Somehow I doubt Hilfiger was much of hockey fan.

60. C3P1 says:

crosby is out right now because of how terribly his concussion was managed.  not only did he finish the winter classic, he played another full game where he got crunched again and then flew to MTL before he was pronounced out. he and steckel ran into each other.

61. habsruleworld says:

Axeman the exterminator executioner,

After all the BS Habs have suffered to the dirty bruins, it;s time for Habs to bring up ScHultz, Henry and whomever else for the playoffs if Habs meet Bruins and really kick the shiate out of those basterds.

Undoubtedly we beat them on the scoreboard quite resoundingly, although I really am convinced the organization will not allow the Bruins to take these type of liberties again, which I am positive they would try to do again, especially if they are loosing

Pouliot needs to skate by the ruins bench and biatch slap Julien’s face with the blade of his stick, SLAPSHOT STYLE.

Am I upset! you freeking right, time to settle a few hundred injustices.

Reminds me of an album I owned, ” Kille Em All , let God Sort Em Out”

62. larisalapointe says:

Totally gross, especially the Miss America sash. Why try to improve on perfection?

63. MathMan says:

I had high hopes, but apparently, someone is still going to die on the ice in the next few years.

64. habinypsi says:

BOUDREAU does this all the time, before a Tampa Washington game he told reporters that Stamkos and a few other players dive everytime any of the caps touch them, then the game comes around and the only divers are in Washington sweaters.  This guys makes Torterella look like a reasonable and well balanced person.

65. G-Man says:

Wasn’t it Spacek that negated Ovechkin’s trademark move?

Boudreau has an opinion? Who cares?

Tommy Hilfiger = hideous crap. Don’t quit your day job. No CH? What a tool.

66. Castor says:

Anyone actually going to the protest tonight?

67. wall2bay says:

Boudreau also thinks Egyptians and Libyans protestetors should leave their countries if they don’t where they’re at.

“I kind of feel sorry for players who never got a chance to be a Montreal Canadien” – Cammalleri

68. wall2bay says:

Did he say the same crap when Cooke went knee on knee with Ovie?  Can’t blame Cooke for the speed of the game!

69. B says:

That’s what I thought when I read the comment (about shutting down Ovechkin’s favourite move).

70. Chorske says:

Consider it a pre-childbirth fortifier. ;)

And a lesson in humility for me… :p

71. G-Man says:

This proves that most GMs are idiots. No wonder they make brain-dead trades and go over the cap every year.

72. avatar_58 says:

Yes? Not even close to accidental.

I guess this means Bob Mckenzie can now take a firm stance on the hit and call it a hockey play with no suspension required.  He is such a blowhard that never actually takes a stand on anything.  A complete puppet to the NHL head office.

74. avatar_58 says:

If I lived there, I would. Someone go for me ;)

75. PrimeTime says:

Monsieur Price!!! and McGuire talks about the WAS play…LMAO!!

76. temekuhabs says:

I say re-sign Kostitsyn, he works well with the kid!

77. Chris says:

Yeah, I’m glad to see them help rebuild Buffalo, who’ve been hit pretty hard with ownership uncertainty and injuries.  I’ve still got a soft spot for them as a former Adams Division team.  If only we could bring back Hartford somehow…  ;)

78. showey47 says:

This line has to get off the ice,been out there way too long. EDIT: actually it was just eller who got stuck out there the other 2 changed.

79. PrimeTime says:

McGuire acts surprised Price is playing well…ugh!

80. Keith says:

Alot of one-on-one battles going on. Good game.

81. habsoul says:

What other team has a pair of 21-year olds like Eller and Subban? I mean it. Is there anyone else?

82. scrowe21 says:

Pierre makes me apoplectic.

83. Chris says:

Stamkos and Hedman in Tampa Bay.  :)

Tyler Ennis and Tyler Myers in Buffalo &  Boedker, Turris and Ekman-Larsson in Phoenix are also not bad.

84. habsoul says:

Love the two Tylers, leading the Sabres back to respectable.

85. Propwash says:

Great, just great.

86. Keith says:

Is that an even up call for the non goal? Pathetic!

87. JIMVINNY says:

That’s a terrible call.  Moen never actually impeded Ovy at all.  He had his hand out, but there was no hold.

88. JIMVINNY says:

Several times a fallen Cap has pulled down a Hab player.  Shouldn’t that be a penalty?

89. habsoul says:

What a sequence by the Habs! The Washington broadcast team is waxing poetic about AK47’s snap shot.

90. zak says:

Habs played that like they were on a PK. No hitting whatsoever.

91. spcbrass says:

I was wondering that too.  What constitutes a tripping penalty?

92. C3P1 says:

price keeping us in it

93. RGM says:

Hockey plays. Refs are extraordinarily comfortable with their decisions.

94. notbigbird says:

Does Carey still need to work on his glove hand do you think?

95. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Sometimes when Pouliot skates by really fast, I see a #67 jersey and get stoked

96. JasonM says:

Nice Price

97. Propwash says:

CAREY! Keeping them in the game

98. OneTimer says:

Carey Price is carrying this team tonight. (I hear it already, “just tonight?” you say?)

99. Propwash says:

Gomez, blowing a 3 on 1 lol

100. OneTimer says:

Wis is terrible with the giveaways tonight :(

101. moser17 says:

Well, no, fair point, it’s evident and on sparkling display tonight.

102. Propwash says:

Halpern is down.

103. showey47 says:

Actually it didn’t look nearly as bad from a different angle. It was tough to see with the boards in the way.

104. JasonM says:

If that was Cooke, Subban was out of the season.

105. Keith says:

Great poke check Pricey!

106. HFX-HabFan says:

Price pushing Semin out of the kitchen.

The Eller line is a decent matchup against the Ovie line; he tries to line them up with big hits but they’re too elusive.

107. SeriousFan09 says:

Subban played that perfectly on his backcheck, impressive play considering who he did it against.

108. Danno says:

Thank you Robert!

109. PrimeTime says:

and was that too big a stumbling block to overcome?

110. SeriousFan09 says:

111. Robert L says:

Just announced, Max is playing tonight!!!

Okay, he isn’t, but it’s a tribute to him if you believed this for even a second.

112. Robert L says:

15 includes two from the NHA years 1910 to 1917.

113. joshua94k says:

Does anyone have a link to live streaming for tonight’s game?

114. avatar_58 says:

What exactly is Boudreu saying? If Gill hit someone there wouldn’t be a protest in montreal? Why would habs fans protest their own player?

Or does he mean Boston fans? Of course there wouldn’t be – because Boston fans aren’t as passionate. I bet most fans can’t even name their team’s roster. Even less that can name their farm team or it’s roster. So OBVIOUSLY they wouldn’t have a rally. They wouldn’t care.

“Which one is Chara again?”

115. PrimeTime says:

For the organization not to add padding to the stachion is plain stubborn and dumb!

116. HUDSONHAB says:

Yes! A game to watch!

….Hab4life….

117. PrimeTime says:

McGuire is going to be cheerleading the CAPS tonight……..new Eastern Conference fav’s?? I thought he said size mttered and Phily was the team to beat?? I mean Boston? I mean…?? Oh Pierre…..stick to a thought and man it out just once!!

118. PrimeTime says:

TSN skipped the moment of silence…..classy!

119. Bugs says:

French link anyone?

120. captaink4life says:

I had forgotten he used the word “adversity”.

Color me impressed haha

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

121. SeriousFan09 says:

Good luck and congratulations.

And relax, the doctor will probably have the Habs game on while he’s delivering.

122. ZepFan2 says:

Francois Gagnon on fans in Montreal being upset about Chara’s hit:

“When it was David Booth in Florida, if they had fans in the stands, of course they’d be upset.”

———————————————————————— “Young people have seen that a team can play electrifying, fascinating hockey while still behaving like gentlemen.” ~Serge Savard~

123. HabsFaith says:

We could probably name more of their players… we need to know who we’re hating, after all.

And maybe next time we should be the one chanting “U S A!”

124. king ddd says:

for those who want henry, bonneau, conboy,on the march 24th game. pleas chara will beat them all with one hand. dont get me wrong but im a passionate chara hater, but i dont think anyone in the league can take on chara one on one, unless you make a chris pronger derek boogard hybrid. my point is our goons arent good hockey players why risk loosing the game in the midst of playoff race

** Buck Fruins **

125. HabsFaith says:

As per what I was hearing, they can’t make any changes… even to padding, without the NHL’s approval

126. BJT says:

TSN’s pregame thing is a 30 sec clip of ovie highlights.. not biased at all

127. Danno says:

Mike, on the official site it lists Rogie Vachon with 13 and Georges Vezina with 15 shutouts.

128. Bugs says:

Appreciate it.

129. temekuhabs says:

Hope Pacioretty inspires the boys to a big WIN !

130. Propwash says:

Ruh rooh, bad bounce.

131. Captain aHab says:

Well that didn’t take long.

132. PrimeTime says:

McGuire’s 30 sec’s

133. Habscore says:

Pleaseeee!! Any stream anyone?? I cant find any………….

……………………………………………………………….

YES HABS CAN!!

134. Mattyleg says:

(Posted this on the main thread, but…)

So I just got offered 4 tickets to 6 rows up behind the Habs bench.

Problem is, my g/f is having contractions every 3.5 minutes.

She was insisting we go, but between a live Habs game fifteen feet away and my girlfriend on the brink of going into labour next to me… I’m sure I’d be the one that would be carted off to hospital.

…aaaaand… CLEAR!! *zzzzzap!!*

—Hope Springs Eternal—

135. Will Longlade says:

Boudreau should zip it sometimes. Last time I checked we live in country where people have the freedom to express their opinions.

Did anyone watch the entire CBC telecast on Saturday night? I came away with the impression that parts of the telecast that dealt with the Chara-Pacioretty incident and head shots were all scripted in advance. Like the part where they talked about Drew Doughty being the recipient of a similar check. According to the CBC (can’t recall the name of the guy), Doughty said the guy who hit him couldn’t possibly have had intent or something to that effect. Of course the implication was that Chara couldn’t possibly have had intent. The CBC continues their record of shoddy sports journalism.

136. king ddd says:

if i were max pac, id rest well get healthy in the summer bench press some cows, get ridculously built but just enoguh to not reduce speed. hire gsp train mma style, first game aginst boston superkick chara in the face with skates on :))

** Buck Fruins **

137. Top Corner says:

GO HABS GO !!

138. Robert L says:

But if Chara elbowed Boudreau’s hamberger….

139. captaink4life says:

Bruce Boudreau is a complete and utter embarrassment to the human race. He can hardly put two sentences together without bumbling and stumbling through simple words and ideas. It wouldn’t surprise me if his incoherence was a result of too many shots to the head during his own hockey career. Now he can hardly lace up a pair of skates. What a freakin joke

You will always be a Canadien in my eyes, Saku

140. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Chara ties it up for the Bruins…….hooray.

141. JasonM says:

Another injury…. we’re running out of bandaids.

142. spcbrass says:

We’ve been out.  We down to duct tape & chewing gum!

143. showey47 says:

umm……boarding much?

144. ooder says:

don’t need dirty players.. all you need is a stanchion

——————

GWG = game winning gionta!

So does Columbus have any dirty players on their team that can maim a couple of Bruins tonight?

146. DearyLeary says:

I think Jared Boll is our best bet…

147. king ddd says:

all you need is a baseballbat and a ski mask, sneak behind chara after the game and take his head off.

** Buck Fruins **

148. spcbrass says:

LMAO!  What a mental picture!

149. spcbrass says:

Well coached?  They are loaded with talent in the scoring department…shut that down and the Pillsbury Dough Boy has no answers.

150. OneTimer says:

SO SICK. SO SICK!!!!

Didn’t AK score a goal on the Caps last year on an almost IDENTICAL shot?! His best wrist shot might be the best in the league.

151. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

What’s Bruce yapping about this time?

152. Danno says:

The Belarusian Beast is back! Loving how he celebrates with his arms raised in a Chewbacca style.

153. temekuhabs says:

What a shot that was..

154. Danno says:

He will you know…

155. showey47 says:

nice shot ak,another point for eller

156. Propwash says:

Halpern could be down.

157. habsfaninboston says:

Tits!

158. HFX-HabFan says:

What a very entertaining rush to watch.

159. Keith says:

We don’t look very sharp, except for Pricey. He is razor sharp tonight.

160. OneTimer says:

Say “nonchalant” again Pierre! Say it!

161. Propwash says:

Wonder if his nickname is Licksome

162. Propwash says:

AK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

163. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Beauty pass, beauty shot

164. Keith says:

YES! I saw that too! That poor bastard probably receives no mercy on the ice.

165. Bugs says:

Yawn.

Caps looked that way last year too…

166. solomio says:

The game is spooked with those 2 quick goals.

Seems like the Habs haven’t yet arrived for this game. Caps are certainly prepared.

Not the first time this year that both Gill and Price have been beaten on that Laich play.

I guess its easy to say that they should’ve seen that move coming.

As is usually the case the man advantage at the beginning of a period will yield a goal.

At 3 -1 Caps there will be no coming back.

Caps looking young, strong, fast, talented and well coached.

Not that the Habs aren’t all of that but Caps got the jump….tonight.

167. shootdapuck says:

Looks like Washington has done their video homework and have the cross ice pass at the blueline solved.

lso wonder if Mcguire feels torn? His man-crush usually focussed on Carlson is now spread out to Holtby and Johansson.

… the fans of the Boston Bruins now have lost forever any right to complain that “the league” is out to get their team, and that the Montreal Canadiens have some kind of pull inside the NHL home office. Charles P. Pierce – Boston Globe

168. Bugs says:

Cammy and Weber weren’t too terrific with it either.

169. Propwash says:

Ok, did my eyes decieve me, or did I see a Bluejackets player with the name Clitsome? 0_0

170. Bugs says:

Go Columbus!

Hot dog!

171. twilighthours says:

It’s not Plex that’s the problem.  It’s Wiz – he’s handling the puck like a grenade.  Awful.

172. Buckshot says:

Boone ,will you tell Mr. Stubbs that all Carey had to do on Laichs goal  was a simple poke Check.

173. PrimeTime says:

AK46…….Eat it, Pierre!

174. JIMVINNY says:

WHAT A BULLET!!!!!  WOW does he ever have a SHOT!!!

175. Keith says:

What a blast by AK46!!! Great pass by Eller!

176. Jdub1985 says:

That’s why we tolerate the ox!

AK46

177. notbigbird says:

Don’t you wish that JM would act more apoplectic like BB?

178. BJT says:

no. It’s a little something called an ‘opinion’.

179. Kristopher7 says:

They are the same roster for the most part, it’s just that Boudreau finally got it into their heads that they can’t “brute force” their way to a Stanley Cup, and that they must play decent D in order to do so.

180. ProHabs says:

Did Patches make it to the Bell Center tonight. I see Boone mentioned that he was suppose to be there but I didn’t see if it was confirmed or not.

181. RiverviewCanadien says:

So where has Cammalleri gone?

182. habstrinifan says:

Boy do we need help from the FARM asap. Some sort of offensive spark. Is Dawes hurt?

183. ooder says:

yes, actually he is

——————

GWG = game winning gionta!

184. doogie says:

Dawes was hurt and out of the Bulldogs game the other night.  No idea if he’s back but listening to the Dog’s play by play guy, it sounded like another M*A*S*H unit there as well.  Lots of guys hurting and out, so they’re held together with bobby pins as well.

185. lemess says:

I was at the game and didn’t notice what happened – was there any replays on TSN/RDS?

186. RiverviewCanadien says:

Been a while since I have watched a start like that. Shoveling snow into the wind is more fun and exciting.

Who’s got their Texas Instrument doohickey out? We might need to divide by pi, then multiply by the cubit measurement of the team lined up head to toe.

Busted sticks, dumb passes, skating in mud, giving up, losing bodies (oh, and a VERY important one at that). The list of awfulness is only rivaled by Santa’s. First game back at the Bell since “The Hit”, and that is what you give.

Price, unless he requested a workout, was hung out to dry. Great job kid.

187. lemess says:

Losing Pleks now is like losing Markov 3 years ago – he does too much for this team, and is not replaced by anyone in the system – hopefully it’s nothing serious

188. doogie says:

Tell me, tell me, what happened to Pleks?  Are we royally screwed or marginally screwed?

189. Olivier says:

If Kovalev was l’Artiste, Desharnais is l’Alchimiste. Cuz he turns lead (ie: Pouliot’s head and Pyatt’s hands) into gold, see?

I’m an optimist. If Pleks is gone for a few games, we’ll see what The Alchemist can do with Cammalleri. My guess is: get a big-ass amount of goals scored against him, but score even more for us and gives us goosebumps 4-5 times a night.

That could be fun, no? May be wise not to play Weber-Mara behind them, tough.

190. Jdub1985 says:

A third period that had the Habs swarming the Caps net refusing to score an ugly goal – and when they decided to finally shoot, missed the net.

191. Habbu says:

Poo Poo needs a Bosu ball. Cammy? It was like his stick was made of rubber.

192. Bugs says:

What about Dezzy?

193. HFX-HabFan says:

Pouliot has to step up with MaxPac out.  I haven’t seen it yet.

Eller on the other hand has played with jump since he’s been put between AK46 and White.  A good third line option that can throw its weight around, and also put the puck in the net.

194. larisalapointe says:

Haha and Price is probably the most physical player on the team too, tossing opponents left and right.

195. Bugs says:

Am I listenin to Jack Marty makin excuses?

196. Bugs says:

No more’n half a score, by my count.

197. Laramy87 says:

With 3 lines (Pyatt didnt play much in the 3rd) we played well. Its tuff when we have so many injuries, and i know the Caps have thier injuries, but we played with just as many as they did today. Hopefully Pleks and Halpy are okay. Who do we call up if they are not. Either way i dont think it helps

198. PAHabsFan says:

What game were you watching?

199. topher5468 says:

That they are but thats why they play the games, yea. A hot Pricer and cammy and we have a shot, IMO

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

200. Bugs says:

Hey, whoa, take it easy, aw’ight? Let’s not run down the street throwing peaches just yet.

201. geo_habsgo says:

No joke, Last night I had a dream that the team was losing a game 3-2 and a frustrated Price skated up the ice, parked himself in front of the opposing goalie’s net and deflected a goal. It was Crazy!! There was commentary and everything saying how Price only did that once before in his college hockey days. Thats how I knew it was a dream but imagine?? haha

202. twilighthours says:

Which team do you want to hold accountable?  The team that played tonight against the Caps was missing 4-7 of its regulars, depending on how you keep count.

Cut the team some slack – Habs didn’t have great depth to start the season, you can’t expect miracles from this team when it’s hit this hard with the bug.

203. kevin m says:

Markov, Gorges, Spacek, Pacioretty, Sopel, Cammelleri, Wizniewski, Halpern, Darche, Plekanec etc… the injuries continue to mount.

Hamerlik is starting to feel his age; but has the heart of a lion.

Carey Price… Priceless

204. geo_habsgo says:

Starting to really like him. Maybe even more than your boy Poolio. He seems to be maturing quite well as a centre.

205. ed lopaz says:

I didn’t see it as being all negative.

I thought the Habs played hard.

I think there’s a lot to like about this group. There’s a lot of heart and desire.

But minus Plekanec, I think its too much to ask of an inexperienced Desharnais at this point in his NHL career to carry the load.

He is the type of player – hard working, talented – that I appreciate.

But there are too many injuries right now.

Lets just get healthy for the playoffs.

Who cares where we finish as long we finish in the top 8, anything can happen.

Especially with price in net.

206. Propwash says:

Congrats Matty, It’s day 4 since my son has been born. One thing I’ve learned, sleep is for the weak, lol

207. Bugs says:

Say…that lil’Dane ain’t too bad.

Comin along, yeah?

208. Propwash says:

:) I was playin’ along.

209. HugeHabFan says:

lol, didnt forget, just assume it happens every game so no point rehashing it all the time.

210. Jdub1985 says:

To add insult to injury … Beantown won and they have a game in hand.

211. Bugs says:

Feh.

Got what we deserved. Treadin water until the inevitable. What we wanted to practice tonight anyway. Good for the team.

THAT’S “sour grapes”, Les.

212. PrimeTime says:

OK critics and doomers…have fun! I’m out.

213. HABSsince92 says:

And comments like these is why the team has not won anything since 93…….are we not allowed to hold the team accountable? People wonder why no canadian team has won the cup in nearly 20 years….it’s simple in US markets if your not good people don’t show up while up North we will continue to go to games year after year no matter the product. I WANT THE HABS TO WIN A F’N CUP AGAIN! Until they do I will continue to praise and criticize as I see fit…and also hold them to the standard that they should be held to…..which is winning Stanley Cups.

The Scott Gomez line………..where wingers go to die.

214. geo_habsgo says:

Sounds like a Leafs fan to me… :O

215. topher5468 says:

Don’t forget Gomers great passing and creative play making

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

216. Bill says:

haha

Full Breezer 4 Life

217. Propwash says:

Gave my son his first bath today, he was so ticked off, that he willed the Habs to lose.

That’s my excuse, and I’m stickin’ to it.

218. olematelot says:

fffing pessimests piss me off

219. ooder says:

wiz.. he gets a pass from me

like hammer he is playing above and beyond what is expected of him.. major props for him

cammy.. ooph not the best season for this guy

gomez.. at this point he is bringing travis moen down

i mean quite literally 4 times he skated into the zone (if he wa slucky to get that far) and had the puck stripped of him very easily

——————

GWG = game winning gionta!

220. geo_habsgo says:

all in jest :p I know you are a better father than that haha.

221. HABSsince92 says:

No offense…..defense gave up 40+ shots……Price kept them in……your gonna lose most games when these 3 things happen. I have a feeling this is gonna be how the rest of the year goes becuase who is going to come in and provide some offense? he d might get better if Spac or Sopel come back but who knows…all teams deal with them but imagine if we were healthy with Markov, Gorges, Spac, MaxPac?

The Scott Gomez line………..where wingers go to die.

222. olematelot says:

I’m with ya, critics corner are gonna have a field day, can’t be bothered staying here for all the nausea

223. SHUTTemDOWN says:

As Boone said.. count the casualties, lick those wounds… and would the “real” Benny- PLEASE STAND UP!

“The sh*t is CHESS!NOT CHECKERS.” Denzel W.(Training Day)

224. Mattyleg says:

Beh. We came out too excited, not thinking straight.

Too many giveaways. Waaaaay too many.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

225. Rainrocket16 says:

Not our best game!! That right there was a taste of what is going to happen in the playoffs. Injuries keep coming we are running low on fuel!! Washington really wanted it and pretty much let em take it. Hope Pleks is ok, What happened, I didn’t even see it!!!

226. SeriousFan09 says:

This team can’t take these kinds of injury hits. Third year of injuries just costing them badly, it’s insane.

I know “Get bigger” but really, the freak injuries happen to everyone and the Habs have had a score of them.

227. TorontoHabsFan says:

On the bright side, it seems extremely unlikely that we’ll finish lower than 6th. So the 1st round opponent is either BOS, WSH or PHI.

Ooph.

Sure hope Plekanec/Sopel/Halpern/Wiz are 100% by then :)

228. Mattyleg says:

Congrats! Got a kid on the way too. Girlfriend contracting away next to me…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

229. geo_habsgo says:

How did Pleks and Halpern get injured? What caused their injuries? Whoever or whatever it was should be suspended.

How come we didn’t use to Stanchion to our advantage tonight?

230. habstrinifan says:

Yes I went and read up at the DOGS site. Dawes missed the weekend games and lots of injuries there too.

The entire organization is decimated by injuries now.

231. Jdub1985 says:

Any hope for home ice? forget about it.

232. twilighthours says:

Pretty amazing that this team will make the playoffs with all the injuries.  But this team needs help.

Look at the players who played on lines expected to contribute offense: Halpern, White, Moen, Pyatt.  Seriously?  Come on… we all love these guys, but this isn’t going to get it done.

233. Propwash says:

YOU sir, take that back NOW!

234. topher5468 says:

Gomer did a whole lot of nothing tonight, along with Cammy. If not for Price, we lose 8-2. This formula did work well in the playoffs lst season though, I mean our lack of offense, I know Gomer and Cammy did well last spring, I just meant tonight, for Cammy anyway

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

235. HugeHabFan says:

Cammellari could have tied the game just before Knuble put it out of reach, but unfortunately he fanned on an easy tap in empty netter. Another completely useless game by him. And at least 5 Wisnieski back pases were either to absolutely no one or the wrong team…

236. Lafrich says:

I thought it was a pretty exciting game. Habs had a lot of good opportunities. Anyway, we’ll get’em next time.

237. geo_habsgo says:

maybe the real benny prefers sitting on the bench? lol food for thought?

238. HABSsince92 says:

LOL, Gomez is bringing Moen down….that’s good.

The Scott Gomez line………..where wingers go to die.

239. Bugs says:

I thought Andie Whatserface wasn’t doin this job no more?

240. topher5468 says:

Yes , but this year its Carey, not Jaro, so its all the way jose

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

241. larisalapointe says:

If Price would only score, we could plan the parade.

242. Jdub1985 says:

I saw a Montreal team that owned puck possesion, rush after rush of opportunity – but for some reason, these kids don’t like to shoot. Montreal skated better then Washington.

Boone – they’re not that good.  Washington didn’t win, rather the Habs lost.

243. SHUTTemDOWN says:

Yeah…I’m sure JM will give him a nice feed bag.

But maybe w/ the injuries he’ll have to run that horse silly.

“The sh*t is CHESS!NOT CHECKERS.” Denzel W.(Training Day)

244. Habbu says:

Needs growth hormones

245. avatar_58 says:

Yeah, they aren’t the same team. I thought the same thing watching them.

246. habsfan_61 says:

the hilfiger unis are just yech! ridiculous. as far as bruce buttrow is concerned, stfu. we are entitled to opinions as well as anyone wheather we played at a high level or not.

247. Chorske says:

Atheists, by definition, are more rational- certainly, they would tend to argue that the disaster in Japan had to do with tectonic plates moving, rather than, say, God’s wrath.

The fact that the one video may be a hoax doesn’t change the fact that a) some of those vids are real and b) some people actually think that way.

That said, I thought it was weird that Boone posted them, but hey, it’s his sandbox.

Actually not. I did some research. She is a devout Christian. She posted the last video in an attempt to quell the harassment she’s been receiving. Her phone number and address were posted on-line. She’s been receiving faeces in the mail and having pizza’s ordered to her home all night. She had to remove her YouTube account either because whe was getting death threats and/or because of the backlash.

I’ve read some Christian blogs where she posts and she was upset (prior to the latest tsunami-wrath of God video) because people some people thought her videos were satire.

It’s not funny.

But what is encouraging is that now people are up in arms against religion the same way Habs fans are up in arms about the NHL and head shots, because that is the bottom line of the Abrahamic faiths. God wiped out man with the flood, turned Sodom and Gomorrah to stone etc. Sin, and suffer in eternal hell-fire.

The Bible is a myth. No more real than myths of the Greeks, Egyptians or Romans. That’s is how it should be taught in schools. It’s a crime for parents to fill their children with this hocus-pocus. Because the bottom line is it’s rooted in ignorance, fear and hatred. There is little love in the new wave Christianity as espoused in the Bible belt.

Her videos are no different than what is being taught all over America in Jesus schools and propaganda camps. What she said is no different than what Pat Robertson said after Haiti had its earthquake or after hurricane Katrina. Her views are bandied about in emails that Born Agains send to each other daily in the USA.

The backlash was swift and brutal as it should have been.

249. VancouverHab says:

By the bye, Mr. Boone, the “God is Good” video posted for (I presume) mockery yesterday is a hoax.

A correction, perhaps? A balancing video of a whacko atheist? Stick to ice hockey?

250. Danno says:

I wish the loony legions of Chara defenders were just a hoax

251. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

252. jbroderi says:

first of all, it is no disrespect to PK  to say that there is another young stud d amn, who is “better”.  All I care about is that we do have one of the best young dmen in the game.  If he is the best or not, who cares, as he fills a big role on our team.

second of all, although Washington is playing better D as of late, I am not completely sold on them making a whole lot of noise in the play-offs. (this is not a statement that means I expect Montreal to do a lot, just that I don’t think Wash is as good defensively as they are playing right now)

Boudreau has a very, very hard time adjusting within a game, and especially within a series.  It took him how many games to actually get washington to balance offense and defense??  All it will take is an adjustment from a team in the 2 or 3 game of a series and Boudreau will be like a hippo out of water again.

Their success is going to be based on Ovie and Backstrom, and maybe some secondary scoring.  If the big guns don’t shoot, Holtby and the crew won’t last long in the post-season

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

253. sidhu says:

Caps coach Boudreau tells protesting Habs fans to stop complaining!!!!

254. MathMan says:

Well no. If that was Hal Gill that hit David Krejci, Gill would probably be suspended right now.

255. wd40 says:

Habs Fans tells Coach Boudreau to stop eating donuts!!!

256. larisalapointe says:

Great Avatar! Would look great on a protest shirt.

257. jbroderi says:

“Listen, I don’t want to get into any controversy,” he said. “But if that was Hal Gill that hit David Krejci, I don’t think there’d be a protest going on here tonight.”

Good quote, Boudreau.  Why would Montreal fans protest that scenario??  I could see Boston making a big deal of it, and rightly so!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

258. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Someone needs to tell Boudreau to shut his mouth and go on a diet.

259. DearyLeary says:

Him an Cherry should get a room.

260. C3P1 says:

yes, those numbers include time spent AFTER they employed the new defensive system.  before the losing streak started, they had the best record in the east and were still scoring alot of goals. their power play has been awful all year, yes, and that’s the reason their scoring is so far down, IMO. obviously they are not going to score as much as they did last year, but they still have the potential to just win on scoring – look at their roster, the offensive firepower is ridiculpus (in theory).  My roommate is a caps fan haha, I have this argument with him at least once a week

261. MathMan says:

The point is, they are on pace to score 11 goals less than in 2008-2009 and 5 less than 2007-2008 at even strength. The point is 2009-2010, where they scored 53 5-on-5 goals more than the previous year, was the aberration. The point is, the “new defensive system” has very little real impact on their scoring — unless it involves playing defense on the power play.

The point is, the Caps have always been like this 5-on-5, but they usually have worse goaltending and better PP numbers. Those two things are not system things.

262. MathMan says:

“before the capitals employed this new defensive system that had them hit the skids on that losing streak, they were scoring just as much as they had last year.”

That’s untrue, unless Boudreau’s defensive system involves scoring less on the power play.

Here. Total five-on-five goals by the Capitals over the last four years:

2010-2011: 144 (projected)

2009-2010: 213

2008-2009: 155

2007-2008: 149

2009-2010 was an offensive aberration for the Caps. They don’t score less because they play defense, they score less because last year they scored over their heads.

263. sidhu says:

How about 21 thousand beers?

264. BJT says:

Wow, you really can tell that the dude has never in his life watched hockey. Look at his drawing of the hockey player… specifically gloves, stick, helmet..

265. BJT says:

Gonna get trashed for this, but..

Not gonna lie, I think those jerseys are cool. Look very classy, and european, kinda like a “football” jersey but w/o the adds. I think the habs should have a coat-of-arms type thing with some heritage and put in on their jersey.. Shorts are ugly though, should be a solid blue.

266. tony d says:

you posted that for sh:ts and giggles right? Please tell me you’re kidding.

267. TheDagger says:

But it boils and it fuels you!! It boils in a state that would eclipse a microwave!!

268. ZepFan2 says:

Yay team!

269. GrimJim says:

No Charlie Sheen references EVER ;-)

I would agree but to a much, much lesser degree. In fact it’s a rarity and generally is reactionary. I have yet to see a case where a group of Atheists, and please don’t include Maoists or Stalinists, actually teach their children the hateful vile and filth I’ve seen documented coming from the realm of the religious.

271. VancouverHab says:

“…many so-called religious people have that type of hatred for Atheists.”

Likewise many so-called atheist people have that type of hatred for Christians….

272. VancouverHab says:

Well, HH buddy, that’s because you’re not looking.

And I will exclude Maoists, Stalinists, Pol Potists, Jun Ilists, and every other megalomaniacal atheist who taught and is teaching hateful vile and filth to hundreds of millions of children, since you ask.

But that seems rather unfair to declare one’s comparative superiority when you exclude the very thing that proves that you are comparatively the worse… ;–)

They should do their research better. She is a troll I agree but she believes what she says. She did that last video in attempt to quell the back-lash.

I also watched many of her videos before her account was removed. I suppose Pat Robertson is a troll too.

It doesn’t change that many so-called religious people have that type of hatred for Atheists. Watch what happens if *God forbid* Sarah Palin becomes president.

274. SeriousFan09 says:

The Globe and Mail with a little piece on Price’s goaltending coach Pierre Groulx.

275. Danno says:

We can use a little more of that…

276. Graves says:

I thought the same thing.

277. Graves says:

Man, I’m starting to believe this dude really is Wolverine.

278. ZepFan2 says:

MaxPac going to the game tonight:

“Going to the game tonight to show the boys some support.. going to be good to see everyone again.”

What a fcking stud this kid is!

279. TheDagger says:

What a beauty! He’ll be back in a Habs uniform next year picking up right where he left off, can’t keep this kid down. Can’t wait to see him skating, he quickly became one of my favorite Habs to watch. Such a smooth, powerful stride. Max has TIGER BLOOD!!

280. OneTimer says:

I usually agree with you SF, but not this time. Pleks hasn’t worked on the point in this game (‘s first period). He’s been fine since the experiement started, what, 3 games ago?

Who would you rather have in a footrace on a broken play, Hamrlik or Pleks?

281. SeriousFan09 says:

Pleks is just not working on the point.

282. habsfaninboston says:

I agree. He’d be more effective down low. Get Subban out on the point.

283. showey47 says:

Very true we haven’t done much to help ourselves tonight,but still that was a terrible call on eller. We lost a PP we very well could have scored on and instead of losing in regulaton we at the very least could have earned a point. I really wish these refs would wake up and realize how much their questionable calls effect the outcome of games and points in the standings.

284. olematelot says:

get real, it was a great pass

285. Bill says:

It was a good pass, like you might expect from an NHL player. Hamrlik wasn’t active in the lane. I think Gill probably breaks that pass up. Of course, Gill was a pylon on the Laich goal, but that was a different situation.

Full Breezer 4 Life

286. Propwash says:

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

287. MICP says:

got a grip, thanks.

We will win the division, mark my words.

288. JasonM says:

Players like Cammy need to start to show up and we’re running out of bandaids.

289. christophor says:

If by “nutshell”, you mean “winning record and pushing for home ice”, then yes.

290. habsfaninboston says:

Make up call.

291. JIMVINNY says:

F*CK THAT.   The Caps player ran into Eller, not the other way around.

292. JasonM says:

Really? Why does that always happen to us?

293. Mad Habber says:

So much for the pp

294. HFX-HabFan says:

Ovechkin misses the net more than some of our guys, which is saying a lot.

295. habsoul says:

Are you kidding me?

296. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Refs are doing everything they can to hand this to the Caps.

297. SLYDER says:

how man holes does cammalleri have in his stick??? are you kidding me?

298. avatar_58 says:

Can’t win without Plek. Shut er down

299. geo_habsgo says:

over :( I lied about making a comeback everyone..my bad.

300. JasonM says:

Ok, I’ve held back but going to say this now. Cammy needs to wake up. Need to connect on his shots. Make better passes. I expect a lot more.

301. PrimeTime says:

Cammy has missed 3-4 passes tonight. He better meet with his Jedi Master again.

302. SLYDER says:

ovechkin gets twice as many goals as all of our guys every single year

nice observation

303. Kain292 says:

And there we go. Game over.

Being a Habs fan is a way of life, and a great one at that.

304. novahab says:

Cammy is just turned useless he can’t pick up a pass or make one. This team is in deep trouble if  Pleks and Halpern are gone. Oh nice call refs don’t tell me this league is not fixed.

305. geo_habsgo says:

Habs didnt exactly too much to help themselves tonight though.

306. Jdub1985 says:

Habs measuring stick? They have no finish and no hope … they can skate around a net for 10 mins and have zero shots.

Has the habs scored an ugly goal yet this season? Godforbid

307. shootdapuck says:

Tonite too many watching for someone else to do the heavy lifting.

Too cute!

Pretty piss poor effort all in all.

308. Keith says:

OMFG what a joke!

309. MICP says:

game over!!!!!!

the last game of the year will be for the last spot.  Just wrap your mind around that you will be okay

310. Bill says:

Nail in the coffin. Hamrlik did a feeble job of taking away the pass there!

On the other hand, this is a well-deserved loss. Not hard to see the better team here. I want anyone BUT these guys in the first round.

Full Breezer 4 Life

311. RGM says:

Get a grip.

312. Keith says:

Too many banged up bodies. But the Habs are playing great in spite of all the injuries.

313. Jdub1985 says:

Wiz patent no look pass … and Cammy’s only shot came on his own net. Habs in a nutshell.

314. HABSsince92 says:

I noticed how pass happy they were tonight….especially on the pp…..I don’t know but it really stood out to me tonight.

The Scott Gomez line………..where wingers go to die.

315. geo_habsgo says:

True that. I hear ya.

316. SHUTTemDOWN says:

Agreed. Perfect opportunity for a poke check, but instead he hung back, not challenging.

He is the ROCK upon which we sit… although he should have been more like a boulder on that play.

“The sh*t is CHESS!NOT CHECKERS.” Denzel W.(Training Day)

317. PAHabsFan says:

If U have DirecTV it’s on 776 (not HD though).

318. showey47 says:

tweedle dumber

319. Bugs says:

Talk to Burke. Y’all are the ones who hired’m.

320. larisalapointe says:

Tweedle dumb

321. Captain aHab says:

Pleks on the point is just not working.

322. BJT says:

I wonder if Pierre McGuire wears pants while broadcasting? if so, he probably has to change them quite frequently.

SO hard to listen to…

323. Propwash says:

Lovely….

324. JIMVINNY says:

LOL.  okay, but Gill got beaten badly.  at that point, it’s basically a breakaway.

325. Propwash says:

I envision Boudreau on a minibike.

326. Fansincebirth says:

does Boudreau remind you of Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum?

Welcome to the new NHL – NASCAR on Ice

327. RGM says:

Eerily quiet at the Bell Centre tonight.

328. Keith says:

The pp is crap.

329. BJT says:

gah. you’re correct.

but regardless, they shouldn’t.. :P

330. showey47 says:

Price has been great all season but i’m going to put that one on him. Gill did force him wide and laich only had one real option which was to cut across the crease from a wide angle. Should have either poke checked or just cut him off. I find carey is much better going right to left across the crease then he is from left to right.

331. JIMVINNY says:

Mara just brutalized someone while that puck was in the air.

And PK wins a physical battle with OV.

332. HFX-HabFan says:

Good thing Chimera has Tom Pyatt-like hands.

Subban is getting into Ovie’s head.

333. HFX-HabFan says:

Sloan wearing 89 in honour of Alexander Mogilny…or Mike Comrie.

334. JIMVINNY says:

Gill is f***ing useless when faced with speed to the outside.  That’s just embarassing.

335. PrimeTime says:

Someone get Pierre a tissue….has a small mess to clean up.

336. OneTimer says:

that was the first bad play by Gill in like months. Man, these Caps look totally different with an actual system. Not sure I’d want to face these guys in a best of 7.

337. Fargo Habs Fan says:

Anyone have any idea why we can’t get this on Center Ice in the States?  Bettman have it blacked out?

-Dustin-

338. JasonM says:

Gill PUSH the guy!

339. Danno says:

Laich just undressed Gill

340. Clay4bc says:

Poke check?

__________________________

The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

341. BJT says:

Message to Pierre Mcguire: Nobody else in the freakin’ world says the word ‘larsony’. shut up.

342. VancouverHab says:

But some do say ‘larceny’…

And he should shut up anyway ;–)

343. notbigbird says:

If these two teams were to meet in the playoffs, the Caps would win in 3.

344. RGM says:

Just like last year! LOL

345. MICP says:

we will not get out of this.

346. scrowe21 says:

its an absolutely spectacular word though.

347. ZepFan2 says:

I’m starting to think only kryptonite will keep him down.

348. Chorske says:

This is funny.

349. ZepFan2 says:

Inspiration anyone?

350. Danno says:

The crowd is going to go absolutely bananas when they flash his image on the big screen!

Bon match Max!

351. temekuhabs says:

Har de har.. you’re FUNNY!!

Tool

352. Keith says:

My mistake,  I remember now, but Gomer’s non call cost the Habs a tie and the game.

353. Bugs says:

Hopefully, it’ll be the same for the Cappers tonight, Keith.

And the wheel will have turned, yes?

354. bwoar says:

Bullies should be beaten.  It’s not at all funny, but it is satisfying.  I cried with guilt in grade school after pulling a similar stunt.  But the next day I got an awful lot of kudos for finally taking a stand.  And was never, ever bullied again.

I’m glad it was posted, this is how you deal with the Danny Brieres of the world.

355. since1988 says:

Sorry going to OT

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

356. geo_habsgo says:

Boudreau should shoot his mouth off before every game? He is on a two-game winning streak with that strategy!

357. since1988 says:

Bruins that is

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

358. since1988 says:

Agreed

“When people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong” – Oscar Wilde

359. SeriousFan09 says:

Not only do we need Pacioretty back, we need another guy like him. Got to have more guys who can just power to the net and stay there if needed.

360. geo_habsgo says:

Channelling Ian Cobb here and believing that the the boys will find a way! They can pot one more for sure.

361. kevin m says:

Habs are snakebit.

They’ve dropped like flies all saeson.

Resilient but snakebit

362. PrimeTime says:

LOL..you guys make me laugh. Love the sarcasm!

363. larisalapointe says:

Max is missed.

364. showey47 says:

It pisses me off that pouliot refuses to play that way.

365. geo_habsgo says:

Murphy’s law states that you’ll find whatever it is you’re looking for in the last place you look? Anyone looking for the cup in Montreal this season? Nah…Hence the universe will intervene and we will be having a parade come june:)

366. Propwash says:

Bigtime. Might not be a huge difference maker, but at least it’s another guy who can put it in the net.

367. SLYDER says:

Boone,

I have to strongly disagree – I have seen Montreal make countless ill-advised passes through traffic all night. They have passed up the high-percentage play all night and it’s costing them.

JM wont be please

368. Shiloh says:

Gomez: Where rushes go to die.

369. SLYDER says:

Pk played Ovie perfectly – Hammer took his man out of the play perfectly….and DD watched them both do it while his man trailed and scored

what more could Pk have done?

370. JasonM says:

That’s on Desharnais.

371. SLYDER says:

that goal is on DD

372. habsoul says:

Wow, Caps are pouring it on. Carey can’t do it by himself.

373. PrimeTime says:

Time for the Captain to score a big one!

374. geo_habsgo says:

We’re good for one more. WHo scores the goal? Subban with late game heroics.

375. Bill says:

Blame Desharnais if you want, should’ve had his guy, but Subban let up on OV, I’d say that was just as big a problem.

Or how about the Habs’ general inability to compete with this team?

Full Breezer 4 Life

376. Jdub1985 says:

Well … it comes down to guys like Gionta, Cammy, Pleks, Gomez … can they finish? or are we going to let Boston slip away once again.

377. PrimeTime says:

That was a penalty

378. zak says:

Why is Gill on the ice on a 4 on 4

379. JIMVINNY says:

A closed hand on a puck goes undetected by the ref who is 5 feet away?

380. showey47 says:

shit,that was DD’s guy

381. habsfaninboston says:

How was he left alone out front?

382. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Disgusting how much the caps get away with.

383. Jdub1985 says:

Gee Wiz … look what happens when you hit the net.

384. Danno says:

Gill

385. JasonM says:

FINISH FOR FSJDJSDJSDJ

386. OneTimer says:

dude, Gomez’s pass to Moen was golden. Any excuse to hate on the guy.

387. TorontoHabsFan says:

The injuries this team has gone through this season defies belief.

388. Bugs says:

Sorry, that’s a fail.

They mentioned it last year when Gomie got screwed with the same rule.

389. SeriousFan09 says:

We got hosed by Chris Lee last year, I consider this karmic rebalance.

390. Keith says:

TSN making a big deal out of the “non goal”. If it happened to the Habs they would hardly mention it.

391. Mullie01 says:

Not alot of chemistry between DD and Cammy…

392. bwoar says:

Awesome vid, ’cause that’s how you deal with bullies.  The poor big guy has probably been told his whole life not to bite; that’s poor advice.  Those skinny little pukes like to throw jabs and run (since they won’t be caught, it’s just teasing with total impunity).  Since their parents can’t teach them respect for their peers, a quick grab-and-body-slam will have to do.  Too bad he let up, an extra kick to the ribs goes a long way towards making up for last year’s insults.

Whenever a bully has his bones broken, another teen suicide gets their angel wings.

393. TheDagger says:

BAM! Good for the big kid!!

Side note… I’m not very internetty, when someone gets “owned” why do people write “pwned” or “pwnage”?

394. Chorske says:

I really don’t think this is funny. How is this funny?

The small kid could have been seriously hurt. And the big kid can’t win- if he doesn’t react, the provocation and bullying continues. If he does react, it only makes it worse. I was that big kid in grade school- and I snapped like that once, broke the kid’s nose- and there was no satisfaction in it, only guilt that I’d hit a smaller kid.

So yeah, this is a shit post, it isn’t funny, and I hope it gets deleted.

395. _Habsoloutly_ says:

lool

396. Captain aHab says:

For those of you who haven’t seen this one yet:

Fat kid gets bullied by skinny kid then proceeds with pwnage:

397. VancouverHab says:

I would…but I see I’ve just been given a nut instead ;–)

398. VancouverHab says:

Yeah — none of the video heads are as crackpot as the NHL on head shots.

399. HFX-HabFan says:

If Wiz wasn’t wearing the cage, he might have drawn four by bleeding.

400. geo_habsgo says:

LOL damn him!

401. Bugs says:

Doesn’t stop the puck from goin in, does it?

How ’bout the 20 teams under us in pp pct? Is it because they don’t have a guy in front?

We play to our strengths and guess what? Brawn ain’t it. Sorry if that comes as a surprise.

402. Keith says:

Good call is right!

403. spcbrass says:

A late PP when down by a goal…that doesn’t happen often enough.  Better take advantage here!

404. SeriousFan09 says:

Those Hilfiger Canadiens jerseys are a travesty, honestly, just disgusting.

The CH is a sacred design.

405. temekuhabs says:

What happened to Plekanec?

406. CDK says:

He had to nip home to feed his cat but said he’ll be back later so don’t wait up.

407. habsoul says:

Need to be on guard for the shortie.

408. Bugs says:

You’ll see it’ll go down smoother once they get bounced from the playoffs.

Like Grabby with the leafs.

409. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Gotta say, it’s not fun watching McDonagh make big plays with the Rangers like earlier tonight

410. HFX-HabFan says:

What’s the point in making the initial call if you’re just looking to “even things up” twenty seconds later?

411. bwoar says:

MA Godin tweets no lineup changes tonight.

I really hope something heavy falls on Boudreau tonight.

what’s the word on tonight’s lineup?

413. temekuhabs says:

That Wash PK is very agressive, got to be aware of that. Not a bad period, we had our chances though

414. DearyLeary says:

Need to regroup in the 2nd, if we don’t get at least one we will lose this game.

415. JasonM says:

That could have gone a lot better.

416. Mattyleg says:

Well that blew.

WAIT!! YEAAHH!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

417. TheMock780 says:

Holtby was pretty non-chalant about getting back in his net there

418. Captain aHab says:

“F***”

- Bruce Boudreau -

419. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

THANK YOU.

Pierre was convinced at the 1-minute mark that the Habs were out of it……when will he ever learn?

420. Danno says:

The golden hands of Moen. Okay, time now for a Hal Gill goal.

421. 21BIGGionta says:

MY LINK ISNT WORKING!?!?!

422. TheMock780 says:

This game is getting more and more bizarre by the minute

423. Propwash says:

Crap, it went in.

424. habaholic68NJ says:

WTF?

425. JasonM says:

Should be a goal.

426. MikeMcLaren says:

And Chara should have been suspended.

Sometimes when they get it wrong, it goes in our favor.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

427. BJT says:

*sigh*

no, it was not. There was intent to blow the whistle before contact was made with the puck. As soon as there is intent to blow the whistle the play is DEAD.

428. showey47 says:

The longer the phone call goes on,the worse it is for us

429. Keith says:

If he intended to blow the whistle, then NO GOAL!!!

430. JasonM says:

TERRIBLE CALL

431. Propwash says:

WHAT!?!?!?

432. SLYDER says:

i cant see a puck in that mess – yet pierre seems willing to bet his life that it crossed the line

he is pissing me off more than usual tonight…

433. showey47 says:

What a freakin gong show

434. JasonM says:

Ok, not to get on Price case but he’s scaring me, a lot.

435. SeriousFan09 says:

Game is going crazy, but this really can’t continue can it?

436. The Juice says:

No kidding! How is that not a penalty to Bradley???

437. Graves says:

Instigator? What instigator?

438. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Argh, think it might be a goal

439. JIMVINNY says:

FFS.  Settle this down, everybody.

440. RGM says:

Two minutes, two goals, and a fight. Who had that predicted?

441. OneTimer says:

Edge to the other guy. I thought White was gonna go with his man instead…

442. Will Longlade says:

I love it that Pierre M. has to eat his words all the time!

443. PrimeTime says:

Boudreau is an ass

444. Propwash says:

Price and Gill saved their arses on that one.

445. showey47 says:

come on boudreau,protest it,lol

446. DearyLeary says:

HAHAHAH… CJAD’s call “Hey Boudreau, if you don’t like it, stay home!”

447. JIMVINNY says:

That’s shocking.  Habs just got a gift.  DON’T WASTE IT!!!!!

448. The Juice says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

449. Propwash says:

You’d be suprised.

450. HFX-HabFan says:

And Boudreau whines.

451. TheMock780 says:

Really? No goal? This game really is one of the most bizarre I’ve ever seen and it’s not even 5 minutes in!

The good old “I was GOING to blow my whistle” call

452. larisalapointe says:

Boudreau the Gerber baby face…haha…the whistle had already blown!

453. Bugs says:

Remember the “intent to whistle” rule that screwed Gomie last year?

The wheel, she is turned.

454. Josh says:

The Caps got robbed on that.

455. OneTimer says:

What the hell was that, Ovie DEEP, 3rd man back on D? That was like seeing Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster at the same time!

456. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

According to Louis Jean, Patches just came to the Bell to see the doctor then left to go home

457. JasonM says:

Nice save price.

458. _Habsoloutly_ says:

“one of the flag kids is a goalie”

bahahahahahaha, just in case DoucheVechkin decides to take a run at him we want him well padded.

459. HFX-HabFan says:

Poor Pyatt.

460. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Eller is just tenacious!  Is Poo Poo playing? havent noticed?

461. PrimeTime says:

what did you do with Boone, Bob Cole?

462. Keith says:

Nice stretch pass and Plek almost had it.

463. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Did Pierre just say Holtby was thinking he was “juicy”…..?

464. Danno says:

Excellent Eller!

465. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Hey Bruce, have another donut.

466. C3P1 says:

we dodged a bullett with that goal review

467. TheMock780 says:

Subban looks tired out there for the first time all season. I wonder if he’s hit the “rookie wall”?

468. Keith says:

Yeah, sit down Popeye! Go cry to Olive Oyl.

469. joshua94k says:

Goal disallowed!

Bruce Boudreau if you don’t like it, Go home!

470. king ddd says:

lol that was retribution for max pac, now its even watch for calls in caps favor

** Buck Fruins **

471. Graves says:

Wow. Lucky break there.

472. JasonM says:

Ok, now that’s done. Price, wake up. Please. This is a big game!

473. thebigguy says:

Maybe if Boudrea doesn’t like how the league calls the game, he should stay home!

474. Bill says:

Oh, I can’t imagine anyone blaming him.

Full Breezer 4 Life

475. Propwash says:

If the Habs lose this, even if Price lets in a bad one, this game cannot be blamed on him.

476. The Juice says:

“Would there be a protest going on here today?” Nope- it would be in Washington…Bruce is a knob.

477. SLYDER says:

i wonder what bruce would have to say if chara did that to ovechkin? backstrom?

478. Mattyleg says:

You like that?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

479. Graves says:

Man, Eller’s gotta shoot that. Looked really good out there though.

480. JasonM says:

Patience for Cammy wearing thin.

481. showey47 says:

we are 7th in the league,not bad considering before we got the wiz we were 29th.

482. Propwash says:

Another PP whittled away.

483. PrimeTime says:

Against the hottest team in the league??

484. Led says:

Yes, because I’ve seen them play so much bettter than this.

485. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Eller earned himself some time on the PP.  Love it!!

486. TheDagger says:

I think the Habs drove that point home more than thei coach, Homer Simpson did.

487. SLYDER says:

how did Gill not get a call there on Semin?

488. wd40 says:

Ewww… that’s a visual I could have done without.

489. larisalapointe says:

Tonight I’m cheating on RDS. Pierre drools over goalies. I think I’ll switch back…his voice is like the the chinese water torture.

490. jbroderi says:

Remember, Chara is a little angel who has never made a dirty play in 13 years!! His record is so clean, you could eat hummus off of it.  Gill is a dirty Hab!

The way some of the media try to go out of their way to defend Chara is apalling

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

491. HFX-HabFan says:

Holtby actually looks very similar to Varlamov with his mask on.

492. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Who? Bettman?

493. Danno says:

Everybody duck! Boudreau’s gonna blow!

494. OneTimer says:

Caps are gonna score on us by crashing the net hard this period.

495. showey47 says:

How can pyatt keep missing those half open nets?

496. PrimeTime says:

TSN hasnt said a word about Pleks…lol they just noticed Halpern is out. Has RDS sais what’s up with Pleks??

497. PrimeTime says:

4 D out of the lineup against a hi-powered offense and your complaining?? Kudo’d to the team and carey for being tied after 2.

498. gumper says:

Right now Washington’s O is giving every D all they can handle. Big, fast, tenacious.

499. BrianSkrudland says:

Totally agree. It’s quite a comedy of errors out there, isn’t it? Unfortunately, it hasn’t been funny to watch.

Give them some of what Pyatt’s on tonight. The guy is flying out there and making the most of his time on the ice.

500. Led says:

One of the worst games the D has played all year. Lucky their goalie is bailing them out. Give them some smelling salts or something. They all look punch-drunk. Wake the F up!

501. BrianSkrudland says:

Yes, this Price character seems like a good prospect, as well.

502. Led says:

Yeah, or give them some of what Price is on. I actually thought he looked a little goofy to start the game, but that’s long gone. Without Price this one’s a “laugher”.

503. Led says:

True enough, but some of the un-forced turnovers are just plain brutal.

504. SeriousFan09 says:

First unit? I want our young offensive dynamo PK Subban with the Wiz.

505. spcbrass says:

Man that guy’s wrist shot is harder than some guys slap shots.

506. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I noticed that to.  I have no problem with saying “hey, thats a good play by so-and-so on Wahington” but it’s all he damn well talks about.  Price has toi make a spectacular play for him to even mention the habs.

507. kevin m says:

A little ‘caine ‘ll do ya!!!!!

508. OneTimer says:

Did you not see the system against the Pens, Bill? Nobody said it’s in full effect every game. That’s just the plan.

509. JIMVINNY says:

Unreal.  That wasn’t offside.  That’s just brutal theft of a fantastic scoring chance.

510. geo_habsgo says:

Larsony

511. DearyLeary says:

You forgot “wow, he sure can handle a stick” Holtby.  Pierre wants him to handle something else tonight.

512. shootdapuck says:

Wiz hurt for the entire sequence and the TSN morons don’t even notice.

513. OneTimer says:

Memo to the Caps: we have good goaltending.

514. StevieRay says:

What’s with his man crush on Carlson the young defenceman … Carey is standing on his head ..and not a word aboout that ..it’s all Washington  this ..Boudreau that ..Carlson this ..OV that ..knuble this..Johhanson that …I’d love to see us pull this on out ..to see his comments  then !

515. showey47 says:

wiz is back,awesome

516. Bill says:

I heard somewhere that the Habs play tight, defensive hockey. Okay, so I laughed when I heard it, but still, that is their game plan and reputation.

All Hail Carey “The System” Price.

Full Breezer 4 Life

517. Rudy says:

How does a guy go from being helped off the ice by 2 trainers, to getting back on the ice??? What did they do to him?

“Start the season with a clean equipment bag and a freah bucket of febreze!”-CharlieHodgeFan

518. DearyLeary says:

Good.  Show discontent, but don’t blow up over it.  It’s the only way we keep the moral high ground.

519. DearyLeary says:

I tall makes sense now!  When people ominously refer to the system they’re talking about Jesus Price.

520. Flabadagub says:

Oh Wiznewski.

521. habsoul says:

Carey Price looks like a goalie who can win a Stanley Cup. It’s astounding where this team is considering the injuries they’ve suffered.

522. JasonM says:

What the? This offseason we need to redo the boards in Bell Center.

523. DearyLeary says:

Nah, Holtby’s gonna get the happy ending tonight by the sound of it.

524. spcbrass says:

He is going to have his left nut removed and a lotion dispenser put in!

525. Flabadagub says:

So I guess that rally was pretty tame?!?!?

526. showey47 says:

It was really close. But you are right,cammy has to gain the blueline before making the pass,especially on a golden chance like that.

527. RGM says:

It’s on the agenda

528. Danno says:

Yes. An ambulatory clinic – and the waiting room is full.

529. BrianSkrudland says:

The Habs have been pretty fortunate to get away with quite a few things tonight, from my perspective. Not to say that the refs haven’t missed some calls against the Caps, but you seem to be turning a blind eye to the many instances when a Montreal player could have, and should have, been headed to the box.

Let’s not cry for our not-so-innocent Habs.

530. otter649 says:

It will be double date with Holtby & Ovechkin………

531. PrimeTime says:

Pierre can only drool of the prospect while peeking around the corner into their dressing room

532. Danno says:

Price highlight reel

533. habsfaninboston says:

Price is saving are arses.

534. JasonM says:

We’re running a clinic.

535. habs001 says:

arnott and backstrom out…this is the type of game pleks has to show he is a number one centre,,,so far he has been invisible…need him to produce today…still have the third

536. SeriousFan09 says:

Alaskan King Crab fishermen have nothing on the Habs blue line.

537. Keith says:

The WIZ is BACK!!!! WHEW!!!

538. showey47 says:

I went back to it on the pvr and watched it in slow-mo and it looks like they made the right call.

539. showey47 says:

big hit by gill

540. Keith says:

What a play by the Wiz.

541. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Nice to see DouchVechkin take some lumps.

542. ooder says:

ok why did pleks go to the dressing room during the period?

whats up with him

——————

GWG = game winning gionta!

543. ABHabsfan says:

I wonder where Maguire is taking Ovechkin on their man-date later. PM is so in love with that guy. Gill crushed him. Awesome

544. PrimeTime says:

Freeze where the puck hit his skate??

545. novahab says:

Refs screwing the team again whats else is new. I think the Habs can forget about getting a honest game after Gary Bettman was made to look the idiot he is.

546. JIMVINNY says:

Yeah, I realized that.  Damn Cammy and his hesitation with the puck on the blue line.  He should be carrying the puck out in front of him at that point.

547. HFX-HabFan says:

Chaos in our end.  Hope Wiz is okay.

548. showey47 says:

when did pleky get hurt?

549. C3P1 says:

before the capitals employed this new defensive system that had them hit the skids on that losing streak, they were scoring just as much as they had last year.  barbecue sauce bruce has them playing defense.  I watched that chicago game too; they have the ability to shut guys down.

550. MathMan says:

The Caps had a big bumper offensive season last year, and I think that their actual scoring rate this year is a  better reflection of their actual level of offensive talent. Everybody seems to think that them scoring so much last year is the norm and this year’s dip in scoring is the result of something they are doing differently… never that last year was the aberration and this year is more the norm.

Where I’m going with this is, I’m not so sure that they’re actually playing significantly better defense.

We’re very conditionned to describe hockey only by goals, when goals are in fact the end result of a process, much of which is very chance driven. So we note that Washington scores less (which was inevitable because they were riding very high shooting percentage last year) and get scored on less (they limited shots on goal, but this is more the result of better goaltending; their shot levels are at their 2008-2009 levels); and the story automatically becomes that they are now sacrificing offense to play defense… even though they shoot just as much as they ever did.

It’s important not to confuse low goals-against with good defense, because a large part of GA is goaltending… and goaltending is inherently very volatile. (Especially when your goalie has five games of NHL experience.)

On a tangent, I’m not so sure Carlson is better than Subban, but that’s hard to tell — what makes Subban so good is that underneath the flashy stuff, he’s such a fundamentally solid defenseman, and that’s why he’s not systematically used against top lines. But Carlson gets more points, so he gets more press. Mind you, Carlson also plays tough minutes, but still. Interesting that Subban might be underrated because he doesn’t have enough flash, neh?

551. shootdapuck says:

Boone,

Webber is again doing his best MAB impersonation.

The ‘deer in the headlights ” look way too often!

552. Keith says:

Wiz is hurtin.

553. SeriousFan09 says:

No goal, Boudreau’s going to declare war on the War Room post-game.

554. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Yikes, our boys got lucky there……let’s take advantage

555. Danno says:

How did we ever get that gift? No goal? Reverse Chris Lee?

556. habsruleworld says:

ITS CONFIRMED!

Capitals senior writer Mike Vogel reports from Montreal this morning that center Jason Arnott did not accompany the team on the first leg of its six-game swing away from Verizon Center. He is officially listed as “week-to-week” with an undisclosed injury. For now, that means Arnott would miss games at Montreal (tonight), Detroit (Wednesday) and New Jersey (Friday). Washington plays away games next week at Philadelphia (Tuesday), Ottawa (Friday) and Montreal again (Saturday). Read more at the Washington Examiner:

557. habsruleworld says:

The caps will be shorthanded tonight, Arnott (gone at least 2 weeks), Backstrom, Green and Poti all out.

I heard on another board Arnott was out although could not confirm it.

Hope habs take advantage, and win it big and stay healthy

558. PrimeTime says:

WRONG PIERRE!!!!! NO GOAL…..start your back-peddling!  Don’t worry……..plenty of time to cheer your team on

559. habs001 says:

i believe arnott is out per tsn

560. mrhabby says:

Price standing on his head…seeing so much rubber. Him or Thomas for Vezina throw in the Hart trophy to.

weird game ,sloopy game.

561. sidhu says:

Yeah, according to TSN he’s playing tonight

562. JIMVINNY says:

Potential game-saver here.  Get this PP going.

563. SLYDER says:

lol Pierre just said the canadiens are off to a bad start and have to snap out of it

answer: a goal scoring machine in travis moen

weird start…but its all square

564. Graves says:

Lolwut. I see it’s going to be one of those games.

565. Top Corner says:

OK……what weird start

Well take that….back to square one here….yikes …lmao

566. avatar_58 says:

Yeah but is Cammy in?

567. sidhu says:

Arnott is out for tonight’s game — we caught a break, the Caps had been playing great since he was traded to them.

568. OneTimer says:

Ugliest goal all year

EDIT: AND THE PRETTIEST RIGTH AFTER! hah!

569. Former Jets Fan says:

Who said life isn’t fair?  Tit for tat, baby!!!

570. showey47 says:

This is what truly pisses me off. Everything gets let go by the refs then out of nowhere they pull a soft one out of their ass.

571. Propwash says:

The NHL will never have fair and square reffing.

572. SHUTTemDOWN says:

When your OVerated, you get the calls.

573. Propwash says:

MOEN THE LAWWWWN!

574. showey47 says:

ah crap wiz hurt

575. PrimeTime says:

What was that Pierre??? tnuc<

576. PrimeTime says:

VEZINA VEZINA VEZINA

Concussions are mostly being caused by the body armour worn on the shoulders and elbows, that are lethal weapons. The GM’s meeting has done little to address this hugh problem in our game.

There is no fear for the player giving the hit today. He will not be hurt like in the years of softer equipment worn. With the softer equipment, the hitting player had as much chance of getting hurt as the recipient of his hit, thereby holding back some of his force.

Can you imagine getting a Gordie Howe elbow wearing this kind of armour, the neurology hospital beds would be full.

It is all well and good for the NHL to try to put a better finesse hockey product on the ice, I support that, but with what consequences to brain cells and bones. They now have to find a way to put the genie back into the bottle before more of our kids are brain damaged and broken for life.

The equipment issue has to be addressed right now. Or do we wait for death first.?

578. Propwash says:

Price is just ROCKIN’ it tonight

579. VancouverHab says:

Atheists may be more rational that theists: but not by definition.

PS: Truly it is Mr. Boone’s sandbox — but he wants us to come and play in it, so I’m sure that he’s happy to hear our opinions when respectfully put.