Is that ever big!

1. habsfaninboston says:

2. showey47 says:

I was one of those guys who saw gorges as nothing more then a depth dman at best after that trade. Glad me proved me wrong.

3. Sheldon says:

Wasn’t that Josephine’s last name before she married Napoleon?

4. Gindan69 says:

The ducks only dressed him for 1 game this season. Looks like an AHLer to me. Number 9 on the depth chart behind picard/webber. But with JM, who knows. He may love that he’s a stay at home D man and pull PK.

5. JIMVINNY says:

It only works out that way if the team offers the player a contract, and that player refuses.  If they never offer him a contract, and he doesn’t pan out, no pick is awarded.

6. Fargo Habs Fan says:

Aerobiz… such a classic.

This Max thing makes me sad.

7. thorandresson says:

Another D?  Does this mean the Gorges is injury is worse than thought?  Does it mean someone else on D will be traded (Spacek I hope).

By the way, we all thought Gorges was a bag of pucks when we first got him so the jury is still out on Festerling

8. Harani says:

Actually, when the Habs traded Craig Rivet for Josh Gorges (who was also an undrafted defenseman), we didn’t think much of it. Now, Gorges has become a huge part of our team. Similarly, who’s to say that doesn’t happen with Festerling.

Am I being overly optimsitic? Then again, it’s New Year’s Eve.

9. Aerobiz says:

What the Hell?!?!?

I was never a fan of Lappy. I’m a sportsmanship guy and I don’t like his game, but surely we could’ve gotten more than that? A roster player at least.

10. SeriousFan09 says:

Brad Festerling and a 5th rounder in 2012, can you say “Bag of Pucks”?

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

11. Harani says:

Pierre LeBrun confirms that it’s Lapierre for Brett Festerling (Cool name or what?) and a 5th round pick.

“It must be love!”

12. Les-Habitants says:

Trading Lapierre is a mistake!!  He provides a key ingredient to this team, and we are going to be a worse team without him

13. Harani says:

Rumours on twitter that it’s Lapierre for Nicolas Deschamps (Moncton Wildcard, 35th overall pick by the Ducks in 2008, Left Wing, 6’2, 186lbs) Once again, it’s a rumour.

Or it could be Jason Blake… another smurf:(

“It must be love!”

It’s official, in one of the richest drafts in history all that the Habs have left is Halak’s replacement, Lars Eller.

It will be interesting to see what AK46 can bring in the way of a return.

15. Danno says:

Looking at that picture — I think someone’s got poopy diapers!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

16. SeriousFan09 says:

Legacy of the 2003 Entry Draft now stands at AHL pugilist they resacquired Jimmy Bonneau and Andrei Kostitsyn, while I hae to gripe about draft years usually, today this particularly stings.

Drafting legacy from first half of the decade has the Habs where they are.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

17. obrien says:

He actually does everything that our team doesn’t want to do: pay the price.

One can only dream.

18. Harani says:

Renaud Lavoie (of RDS) saying that Lappy asked for a trade at the beginning of the week. I think it’s a good thing he did because Habs can move on, it’s not like he was a scoring machine, no pk time. JM was using Cammi to kill penalties.

“It must be love!”

19. obrien says:

Laps and a first might yield Sbisa…

20. sidhu says:

Can anyone explain to me the rationale for awarding teams a 2nd round pick if they do not sign a prior 1st round selection?

21. kempie says:

Somebody had to say it

22. SeriousFan09 says:

I’ll be honest, I feel hurt over the Lapierre situation.

There wasn’t much to cheer for during a lot of 08-09, Lang going down with the achilles tendon injury I pretty much knew the season was gone but there was Lappy, hitting, scoring and making a nuisance of himself each game, throwing himself into it all. I thought the Habs had a real Francophone hero, not in scoring but just in heart and effort. Than he had that nagging ankle injury that hampered him for most of 09-10, he revived in the playoffs and did admirably, but now he’s spent the season tossing it all away again.

Energy players must play with everything they have each night, Lapierre has not and he’s going. Sad, I thought he had potential to stick around as a fan favourite like Max Talbot in PIT.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

23. obrien says:

If there is anything coming our way, it’s Jason Blake or a late pick.  Please let it be a pick.

24. Bill says:

This is the other shoe dropping after Desharnais getting called up. The French media will lose their *$&! over Laps being traded, at least Desharnais replaces him as a Quebecer on the roster.

Don’t get excited about a roster player maybe coming back: ask yourself whom you would trade to acquire Max. Unless they are salary dumping?

25. Danno says:

The gremlins are in the system again. Is anyone else having the page break up as they scroll up and down the page?

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

26. Danno says:

How about a king-size box of frozen waffles? Oh wait. We already have that.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

27. twilighthours says:

A dozen donuts would be a pretty good return. Man i could go for a donut

28. Harani says:

RDS is saying it too. Hopefully it’s for something good coming back.

“It must be love!”

29. sidhu says:

Looking at the Ducks’ roster, I’m hoping Sbisa comes back.  Bobkov has looked okay in the WJC.

30. SeriousFan09 says:

Gagnon seems pretty solid, I think he had the Gionta as captain story before the team announced it.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

31. twilighthours says:

Is he reputable? Because this would make my day. And it’s been a bad {%#^}* day.

32. twilighthours says:

Weird double-post

33. Harani says:

Francois Gagnon tweets that Lapierre may have been traded by the Habs. He stayed back at the hotel when the team made its way over to the rink in Florida. I’m kinda happy that PG is moving and not sitting on his derriere. But we still have to see what’s coming back. And hopefully, it’s with a team in the West for a roster player. New Year’s present?

Update: Brian Wilde (@BrianWilde) tweets that RDS and Gagnon saying it’s possibly to Anaheim, nothing confirmed. It’s up on rds.ca now.

34. SeriousFan09 says:

Maxim Lapierre being traded according to Francois Gagnon.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

35. MikeMcLaren says:

Merci! 😉

That “silent” H was throwing me off – that and forgetting all my British Columbia highschool french from too many years ago.

36. twilighthours says:

I was at last nights debacle and I wrote a huge rant only to have my phone die before I could post.

Don’t have the energy to rewrite it, but let me just say this: I never would have thought it possible, but spacek sucks worse in person than he does on tv

37. bwoar says:

I already asked, but figured I’d asked again: will the half-track be coming out soon HH?  Maybe turn the key and start warming it up, we may need it in a month.

Personally I’m pretty ready to throw the “captain” under a bus.  Haven’t heard a peep from him and the silence is deafening.

Auld should have played more games. He’s played 3 so far. That’s minimum 7 too few in my opinion. Now the team has to play him more and if they start winning with him what does that do for Price’s development?

It’s obvious that Price played great for a stretch but he has been less sharp and less lucky as of late, and yes it’s less his fault as the team is unable to score. They can’t win when coming from behind and now can’t win when they pop the 1st goal. And those goals are turning out to be garbage goals at that.

Something is wrong with the team’s psyche. Sadly I think PK has disrupted it. Not intentionally. Just his beaming enthusiasm has rustled feathers. Feathers in my opinion that need some shaking up. Nevertheless, the old boys club will lay down the rules, because it’s better to lose and preserve order than win and let enthusiasm, creativity and all those things that march to the beat of their own drummer win or shine. Can’t have that. Must defer.

Last night was a schooling. The new school trounced the old school. Habs coaching prospect brings our ex-AHL goalie for 1st NHL game and kicks ass.

And the Habs will never draft in the lottery so expect more of the same. Every shackle and chain available is hindering this club.

39. Fargo Habs Fan says:

Couldn’t catch last night’s game, as I lost power due to a blizzard (mercifully by the look of it).  I will likely lose power again tonight from a 2nd blizzard.  Mine and my wife’s phones are fully charged to read the blog tonight Boone.  We are counting on you.  🙂

40. Mike Boone says:

41. Danno says:

Wee Dee Dee

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

42. MikeMcLaren says:

So I can’t remember from his last call-up, but how exactly DO you pronounce “Desharnais?”

Is it:

The second one?

43. MikeMcLaren says:

I think they prefer the term “Tech Wisniewski’s”

44. yathehabsrule says:

If it makes you feel better the Blackhawks lost 8 or 9 straight last season, and look how that turned out.

The Caps had a similar slump last season, and still finished first. But we all know how their season ended.

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

45. yathehabsrule says:

Hey guys haven’t posted here in a bit. Relocation/new job and holidays have kept me busy.

Curious to know if anyone has matched the Habs record to HIO’s server crashes. Also, is there a pool on what time the server crashes tonight, if so put me down for a loonie around the same time the first “pussy-ass” penalty is called.

Who gets fired first, Martin or HIO’s tech wizards?

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

46. Trenton_Romulox says:

I’m not sure how much more of this losing I can take. On the bright side, at least there’s a new year about to start and it’s a chance for me to stop being an idiot and make some solid life choices. Of course, my New Year’s resolutions will last all of one day, maybe two if I feel really dedicated. But hey, there’s always 2012…

47. New says:

I have a hunch that this one isn’t going to be over until something breaks. Then again maybe they’ll just all goof around and see if they can lose their way into the playoffs again.

48. punkster says:

Slump, losing streak, whatever. None of them are performing up to potential and the team concept just isn’t there right now. They have to work this out themselves.

49. Bill says:

It must be Auld tonight. I assume Martin put him in the game last night to warm him up. Price on Sunday.

Full Breezer 4 Life

50. Klondike Habs Fan says:

With all this negativity, talk of lack of leadership, and talk of poor coaching, how come Gionta never seems to get called to the blogosphere? He has been the most invisibly player during this road trip. No? It is times like these when the captain should be leading by example on the ice.