Back to Boston

4658264.bin

Your amazing, never-say-die Montreal Canadiens

1. observer says:

that no – goal rule must be changed. firstly there are 2 refs out there. at any point in game probably at least 100 times a game one of those 2 refs loses sight of the puck – should one of them blow his whistle every time? OR WHEN HE SEES IT IT FROZEN?

same as refs in nfl fought for years to keep their whistle blew rule on down by contact plays – even though for years fans were enraged. because this gave refs control of the momentum of games and the refs liked it that way. same for hockey. i alone saw it at least 10 times this year wipe out good goals including in the nashville game 6 on sunday.

this rule must be changed.

• savethepuck says:

that no goal is irrelevant now, we won the game. The fans were a lot more pissed about it than the people who counted, the red sweaters on the ice who kept pressuring for a goal.

• observer says:

it turned out not costing the habs or the preds their huge playoff games but may have.

rule should be changed.

• ffenliv says:

How is it supposed to be changed? If you let that goal stand, Boston has a legit complaint, saying ‘the whistle blew, so our goalie and d-man gave up on the play’. If you hold off too long on whistles, it just invites endless scrums and goalies getting sticks in bad places.

I was furious at the call, but it happens, and I think it ‘works’ now, where ‘working’ is defined as ‘a system better than other options’.

2. twocents says:

You want bs? Here’s a line from the tsn story on the game, “…a hit from behind on Jaroslav Spacek, who turned at the last second”.

Turned at the last second my arse.

• PrimeTime says:

He did turn to protect himself but the hit was illegal according to the rule. Lucic will dress for game 7 and will try to redeem himself to his teammates.

“Extremism only serves one’s selfish desires”

3. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

Game 7 is ours …oh yeah baby !!

4. habs-hampton says:

The way Lucic is playing, I hope he doesn’t get suspended.

• savethepuck says:

Didn’t know you were a Habs fan or on this site. Coming to you from Quispamsis, a goaltender who played in the Hampton Junior Old-Timers league.
      Guess who

• Jim Edson says:

Quispamsis?

Sounds like an STD!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

• savethepuck says:

It’s a real place honest, he knows where it is, only a 5 minute drive. Hampton is the hometown of Tim Peele, another favorite ref on this site.

5. doogie says:

Just took a look in the crystal ball….Habs win in OT after the puck hits Chara in the 4th cervical vertebra and sneaks in behind a sprawling Tim Thomas for the winner!

6. deuce6 says:

Anyone else hoping that Chara’s arm was broken when Plex pasted him along the boards? Love seeing that ape wince..Karma is gonna get that goof..

——————

Yes, I’m a Hab fan..Wanna fight about it?

7. PrimeTime says:

Nuks will win this one for Lou

“Extremism only serves one’s selfish desires”

• Jim Edson says:

Hope not!

Eliminate the left coasters!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

8. RGM says:

I love this team.

Carey Price is All Hart! http://on.fb.me/CP31Hart
    Support my playoff beard: http://www.beardathon.ca/english/RGM81/profile.aspx

9. habsfaninboston says:

Looks like the Philties are advancing.

10. HNS says:

Two game sevens on the same night. Bettman, you’re indeed an ass clown.

11. habs-hampton says:

I have this terrible vision of the Habs getting a 1-0 lead in the 1st period tomorrow night, and then start icing the puck until the middle of June to win the Cup!
    Of course, I will miss the celebration, having passed away with a heart attack sometime in May!

12. Jim Edson says:

Whatdya bet the Goons are recalling their last game 7 over and over!

Nervous wrecks maybe no sleeping tonite!

I hope!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

13. Keith says:

Hey, and the Habs still have a perfect record with the MSO doing the anthems.

14. solomio says:

I can’t imagine how pissed the Bruins fans must be about the reffing. I know we’d be off our heads!!!

15. HalifaxHabs says:

I would be shocked if Lucic gets a game, but either way, the guy has no goals in the series. He’s a thug and a playoff choke.

I can feel something good coming tomorrow night. Price stops the Bruins 35+ times. 3-1 win with an empty netter.

Boston hits the links Friday morning.

16. Tony McLean says:

Props to Price for finally getting the monkey off his back! Now all he has to do is repeat this feat in Bahstan.

Disgusting gutless hit by Luchicken, he hurt his team more than he hurt Spatch. Idiot. And bravo to PK Gio Cammer and the boys, fine effort. Nothing better than beating the Broons. NO reason we can’t take this in 7.

17. nova scotia vees says:

The nerves are SHOT! One bad goal, but Price held the fort after that. Finally gets that home-ice monkey off his back. I fear our age may catch up to us tomorrow. Why did the Canadiens allow a Lady Gaga concert to be booked in the middle of the play-offs. Pollock would NEVER have allowed that!
    Would someone please talk about the linesmen CHEATING ALL THE TIME ON FACE-OFFS. The easiest way to slant a game is to have the linesmen continually throw one team out. Go Habs!

• swannyboy says:

The linemen are a joke in the playoffs,totally agree.

• twilighthours says:

I watch, play, and coach a lot of hockey and will not-so-humbly suggest that I know the game pretty well, but for the life of me I can’t figure out why guys get tossed. If anyone knows, feel free to enlighten us. I need more than just “cheating on the draw” too.

18. habsfan0 says:

Boone: “Too many anxious moments in the second period, which leads me to fear Jocko will try to shut things down in the third … which won’t work.”

WOW! MB has always extolled JM’s “system” in the past. Sounds like Boone is bailing on the kindly old coach.

19. habs in the cape says:

man i used to like DON CHERRY but to sit there on national teleavision and cheer for the boston bruins. I loss alot of respect for this donkey”s ass

watching the cbc feed for the vancouver game now. Did anyone else hear Maclean go on and on and on with his soliloquay (sp?). He really loves the sound of his voice.

21. Clutch10 says:

Have to this all over again tomorrow, don’t if my heart can take much more watching spacek , sopel and hamrlik on the ice, i mean i’m sure they are all great guys but i’m missing o’byrne right about now. I hope Michael Bournival is going to be a good one.

22. twilighthours says:

I liked what Mara brought tonight. He was good in limited time. Spacek was terrifying.

The irony is that this was probably the worst Habs’ game of the series.

Have to dress Weber again tomorrow, with the hope that Wiz can go. I think i would have rather had weber playing instead of Spacek tonight. He is completely fighting the puck and is behind the play constantly.

23. Jim Edson says:

Julien says he “trusts the League” in handling suspensions!

He must know that Jacobs has already called Bettman to make sure they get their way!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

• observer says:

they did not suspend richards for the other game similar hit and penalty. jacobs is bettmans biggest supporter- end of story.

• Jim Edson says:

Just behind is Ed Snider!

Pretty obvious the way “justice” is dealt with in the NHL!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

24. tony d says:

Happy about the W but hate the defensive shell in the 3rd with a 1 goal lead. Heart-attack hockey at its finest.

25. PrimeTime says:

I don’t like the way the Habs played the 3rd. Fortunate to get a late PP to help preserve the lead. But a win is a win. I said before the game all the pressure is on the Bruins and it still is for game 7. But our boys exhausted much more than BOD did tonight. Gotta find a way to play the perfect road game and Price, who plays well in BOS, will need to be sharp and quick..not too relaxed. OMG my heart is still racing.

“Extremism only serves one’s selfish desires”

26. Habitant33 says:

Ghosts of the Forum pack your bags, destination Beantown game 7!!

“Blow Bruins Blow!”

Go Habs Go!!

27. Jim Edson says:

Now we’ll see if Murphy has any stones!

Will he suspend his bosses teams best guy(ha ha)?

Should be automatic review!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

• habsfaninboston says:

Won’t happen. Especially since Spatches returned to play.

• twilighthours says:

I think the 5 and a game was the appropriate punishment, too.

• showey47 says:

True,no way lucic gets suspended. Especially when richards got nothing for his hit on connolly.

• Jim Edson says:

Returned to play is supposed not to be an issue.

Hit from behind and targeting the head !

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

• Nina76 says:

have no fear THERE WILL NOT BE A SUSPENTION!!!!!BOSTON NO IF A HAB YES>>>end of story. Great Game, Beat the pants off them to-morrow nite. I am real proud of you guys…….SUBBAN LOOKING FOR A GOAL FROM YOU TO- MORROW NITE ,also from some of the others……Will be watching GO GUYS!!!!!!!

28. Danno says:

Bruins have lost their swagger. When they go home the memory of the choke series of last year will haunt them and their fans will be booing them the moment they fall behind. Expect the Habs to come out strong and not let up.

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

29. Back to Boston and a do or die game for both teams. Anything goes on this Game 7 tomorrow.

The pressure is on the Bruins, while the Habs just have to play their game.

While the Habs won tonight on a nailbiter, the only thing that I didn’t like was in the first period when they should off had that Gionta goal that the referee missed the call. Clearly Thomas never had puck pssesion and the ref whistled too quickly.

Somehow I think Bruins will blow Game 7 just like they blew the series with the Flyers last year.

” The Habs will win the Cup ONLY with Carey Price in the Nets “

30. A sigh of relief. Even Chris Lee and a disallowed goal that should have been couldn’t stop the Habs. On to victory in Boston.

31. observer says:

boston nearly scored on hamrlck on the habs power play in last 2 minutes! he is the most worthless player on this team. martin smart enuff to take that “unsung” bum off the ice for the last minute

32. J.Ambrose.OBrien says:

Yeah, I know we won. But, God, how I hate that kitty-bar-the-door style of play in the third!

I remember Dec. 31, 1975

33. JohnBellyful says:

Prefer my heartstopping hockey action at BOTH ends of the ice but that’ll do, that’ll do. For tonight. I don’t think we can count on a pair of five-on-three power play goals tomorrow in Boston. A few of the team’s senior citizens could benefit from some time in the oyxgen chamber to recuperate from tonight’s action. I know I could.

34. LL says:

A win without the obvious + DD and Wiz….very impressive.

35. EricInStL says:

So I was at yoga tonight, what did I miss ?

36. Curtis O Habs says:

Chara is hurt. No hitting, no slapshot. ” Karma can only portioned out by the Cosmos.” Homer Simpson.

37. SeriousFan09 says:

Leading the ENTIRE NHL in TOI, PK Subban with 174:51 over six games. Good thing he lived in a gym all summer.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

38. doogie says:

Sad day in the family, had to put our 11 year old golden retriever down since he was in failing health. However, when I came home this afternoon to get things rolling, he had found a Montreal Canadiens throw blanket on the floor in the family room and had nestled right into it. He looked pretty content laying on that baby. Thanks Pup, they won!

My condolences doogie, that is a very hard day indeed. All the best.

• SeriousFan09 says:

Always a terrible day when a beloved pet is lost. Losing our golden retriever when I was 15 tore my heart out for a couple days.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

• Rugger says:

Really sorry about your Pup. Hard thing to do.

• Clutch10 says:

I know how that feels had to put one down last year that was 16 years old. Sorry for your loss.

• punkster says:

Tough loss doogie. Chin up. All good dogs go to heaven. Or a reasonable facsimile with a 75 acre, heavily forested back yard.
      ***Subbang Baby!!!***

• solomio says:

Very sorry for your loss. Losing your dog is a real heartbreaker.
      Thanks pup.

• Fansincebirth says:

Hey Doogie….so sorry.

I know exactly how you feel. We had to put our Golden down two summers ago after a brief losing battle with cancer at only 10 years old, far too young. I was heartbroken.

Glad your Pup could help us win the game ;o)

Win this for Max!

• doogie says:

Thanks guys! He loved watching the Habs with his home red jersey on! I kinda think he was more of a Hamilton ‘dogs fan, but he realized that the good one’s had to move up to the big team! I know for sure that he hated the Leafs, so I really loved that dog!

Nothing like watching a great hockey game with your trusty friend at your feet. Go Habs Go! Game 7 tomorrow night!

• J.Ambrose.OBrien says:

My sincere condolences. My Golden is now 14 and shuffling along on our (increasingly short) walks. But still hanging in there. When her day comes, I too will be devastated.

I remember Dec. 31, 1975

• Habfan29 says:

sorry for your loss, had to put our 12 year old Golden down 2 summers ago, really tough, she was a habs fan. We now have 2 goldens 2yrs old and 5 months and they both love the habs….

Way to go Boys! A win is a win is a win. All the pressure back on Boston now! And i discovered a new lucky Habs hat which is now undefeated in the playoffs.

40. HabsFanInTampa says:

We got to play better than we did tonight. The 3rd period was all played on our end of the ice. Thank God for Price.

That is a new post from observer, but looks like the last 4!

42. Danno says:

Bruins suck

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

43. SeriousFan09 says:

Really hope the Wiz can go tommorow night, I love how hard the greybeards worked tonight but we need more than one guy with wheels when BOS has last change and a full game from Lucic (What, you think he’s getting kicked for that? He plays with Camopbell’s kid).

Carey Price improves to a .942 save percentage in the playoffs.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

With Spacek coming back into the game, that will seal it for Colon to do nothing to Lucic. In fact we will probably get a penalty for feigning injury! Despite the huge cut on his head.

• 4EverHabsFan says:

We all know Lucic will be back- If F.Richards’ got nothing, Lucic definitely won’t. The penalty on the play tonight fit the crime anyways-

44. HNS says:

Glad we won but that PP strategy was weak and almost cost us the win. JM must go.

45. Propwash says:

Hammer has been one of the Habs’ most reliable d-men.
    Find something else to piss and moan about.

46. topher5468 says:

Carey finally wins at home, played awesome down the stretch, amazing stop on Kelly,

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

47. Habitoban says:

I’ll take the win, but without the zebras not sure we would have won this one. Not sure the System as constituted can take us very deep.

48. Ton says:

Game 6 is usually the harder one to win when your forcing a game 7 lets hope to finish off our 2 game winning streak tommorrow night. I am not into criticizing coaches but I didn’t like the strategy during that power play. Time out please and go for it, finish them off, offense is your best defense.

49. Bill says:

Holy hell. That took years off my life.

I have a lot of complimentary things to say about a lot of Montreal players, but I’m saving it for when I can type.

Instead let me say that I’d love to have Bergeron or Chara on my team. Just to give credit to the opposition. I don’t want Marchand though. He’s just a little prick, and I don’t care how he plays. He’s the only NHL player I actually know personally, so I don’t mind criticising him personally: he’s a douche.

This was the worst-reffed game of the playoffs, but at least it was poorly reffed on both sides. The Bruins will complain about the 5 on 3′s, and maybe the Lucy five minute call, but the Habs had a legit goal called back, so the Bruins can suck it.

Terrible refereeing. Suicidal defensive system. Tension like hell. Some real heroes on both sides tonight. Whatta game.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• jmsheehy19 says:

I still think Chara is overrated. Good Dman, yes. But not norris candidate (though I don’t think it matters because if anybody but Weber wins it this year than it was fixed).

As for Bergeron, I would love to have him. Probably the only Bruin I actually respect. I have no hatred for Thomas, but I just don’t think you can win a cup with him.

And on a completely random note, I love Eller.

50. dre1744 says:

We will win tommorow!!!!!! its only right!!!!!!

51. Jdub1985 says:

Yes we won! But I will say this regardless…

The way that final PP was played was atrocious and could have cost us the series. Any other NHL team would play a normal PP scenario, because the fundamentals of a powerplay keeps the puck in the O zone. By dumping and running the clock it only allows for boston to breakout and get offensive chances.

That was ridiculous and they are extremely lucky.

52. STLHabsFan says:

And I thought the Versus crew was anti-Montreal. Mon Dieu! I thought the Internet feed was from NESN. Did Boston secede from the States?

At least I got to see the game. Thanks, again for the Internet tips.

GO! HABS! GO!

• Jdub1985 says:

You’re lucky you didn’t watch the game 3 … this was a toned down version of NESN compared to that one … Jack Edwards is a p.o.s. wayyyyyyyyyy worse then Cherry on his worst day

• Norm0770 says:

Not defending Jack Edwards by any stretch but he is on a partisan network, where Cherry is working on Canada’s national network which is supposed to be impartial…

53. punkster says:

Blah, blah, blah. Blather, blather, blather.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

54. JD_ says:

Never in doubt.

BroonzMeltdown™ 2011 is fulfilled tomorrow night.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

55. habsfaninboston says:

Pricey with his 1st playoff win on home ice.

56. Keith says:

Now it’s the Canucks turn. Can they do it or will they choke?

57. But is he as bad as Alzner????

• observer says:

when alzner went minus 6 on 7 goals in a row yes. but hamrlck is old, slow and e is worse. at least alzner throws his weight around – he is not a gutless wimp like hamrlck whose only goal is to last another year. the guy is terrible. if habs lose tomorrow night he will be on the ice during most of bostons goals and or scoring chances.

OPEN YOUR EYES! they will never mistake hamrlick for ian laperriere or washingtons green who sacrifice even their face to block shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58. habsfaninboston says:

Pricey with his 1st win on home ice.

59. NLhabsfan says:

Right u are

Gomez 0G 1A 1P +0 60%FO

61. novahab says:

I have to say you can’t question their heart this team is hurting and they found a way to win. The Bruins have to be tired or these guys are pumping the juices in them big time.

62. Keith says:

I almost had a myocardial infarction lol!

63. Duracell3 says:

gotta be deflating for the bruins to get dumped on that many time in a row, thats insane.

64. Bugs says:

NOW I can enjoy the Canuck game, knowumsayin?

Wide-eyed with wonder warbles L. B. Potter, esq.

65. madmac says:

I think I crapped my pants

66. zozotheclown says:

Price had to make make too many big saves near the end of that game, but we made it, should be even more nerve wracking tomorrow.

67. solomio says:

Habs didn’t deserve it but they got it. I’m a firm believer that everybody gets what they deserve.

68. Bugs says:

Obnobulation.

Wide-eyed with wonder warbles L. B. Potter, esq.

69. Keith says:

Game7 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70. PrimeTime says:

oxygen please!!!!!!

“Extremism only serves one’s selfish desires”

71. punkster says: