Who was president the last time the Canadiens scored against Nashville?

Jan. 15, 2009.

Andrei Markov.

Since then, bupkes.

And sooooooooo boring.

1. punkster says:

Nope, I got you pegged for the Genny 😉

2. punkster says:

Yep, us and 16 others. But I’m enjoying the ride so far. And I agree, it’s time to go Full Breezer.

3. Yeats says:

I’ll bring a case of Belgian ales!

You coming to my MAB Welcome Back party, Brian? Dave’s bringing some potato salad.

5. Yeats says:

Super. I’m a big buyer of the regular season as house-league view. Just get to the end of the season in a playoff position, healthy and with some momentum in the last few games and they have a legitimate shot at the Cup.

6. PrimeTime says:

Laffs are an AHL team :)

7. C3P1 says:

yeah, ehrhoff, hamhuis, edler…theyre all scrubs

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

8. Yeats says:

The Breezer has a world-class “do” in an era where most guys suffer from helmet head!

9. JIMVINNY says:

Every refresh is a page hit.  Why would they get rid of that?

10. VancouverHab says:

The Canucks don’t want him, why? Brain-dead error prone, for one.

If he was that good of a catch, the Canuckleheads–who have no especially good defense–would keep him.

11. Chuck says:

Besides, he’s got much better hair.

Canadiens issue apology to Flyers

12. Rugger says:

I will, even though she has gone over to the enemy and is now a Bruins fan (her boyfriend’s fault)

13. joeybarrie says:

Its ok BOONE thought it was 2-1 last game ‘member…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

14. habsforthecup says:

I’m personally fed up of these MAB to MTL stuff… so i started a petition… MAB to TBL! ttp://www.petitiononline.com/mabtbl/petition.html (it’s a joke peeps) but feel free to sign! GO HABS GO!
    – A

15. Chuck says:

“I know more about string theory than I do about the Nashville Predators.”

I’m surprised that Boone even knows about string theory.  :)

Canadiens issue apology to Flyers

16. Danno says:

Just looked him up. Alvar Aalto makes beautiful furniture.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

17. J.J. of Turku says:

You must tell my Greetings to her. From a grazy habs-fan in the centre of Turku.

18. Framlingem says:

I listen to the game on the radio (no television), and do my readings at the same time. Tonight, Kit Marlowe’s Doctor Faustus. I’m sure I’ll be able to find a paper in there somewhere using hockey as a metaphor for internal struggle and possible redemption.

19. punkster says:

Brian! Good to hear from you. What do you think of these guys so far?

20. C3P1 says:

cman…no bieksa? guy is a warrior.  we seem to be missing size on our blue line.  and he can run a power play.  I love PK but I sure dont feel comfortable having him as our one able-bodied defenseman who can actually run a power play, like bieksa can.  if he didnt have two superstar PP quarterbacks ahead of him, he would score 40 points a year

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

21. icemachine says:

Boone, you got to start using Coveritlive or something similar so we don’t have to keep refreshing.

22. Yeats says:

Damn right, The Breezer is the first callup on the comeback list. MAB may have a shot, but a glorious outlet pass can be used even strength, PP and PK!

23. Rugger says:

Yes it is Aalto.  They visited his Home, studio, factory.  Yes, very expensive. my Grandmother had kitchen set but it dissapeared after she died, none of us had any idea what it was, just very odd looking.  She loved Finland.  She has taken over 4000 pics this fall and only posted one a day so we are really looking forward to seeing them next week (her too of course!)

24. SeriousFan09 says:

MTL is always fighting an uphill battle with drafting and development, finding the players that can both endure and excel under the bright lights of the Bell Centre. The new team assembled does just that, they step out on that ice and enjoy every minute of it but it will always be easier to find a guy who can play in Tampa Bay than can play in Montreal.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

25. VancouverHab says:

No MAB no Bieksa…PLEASE.

26. JIMVINNY says:

Sounds like Boon is auditioning for MNF.

To that, I say; C’mon man!

27. linp says:

Tempa Bay uses a 1 3 1 system. He may fit into this system.

28. Lee_D says:

Boone: Brooks Orpik leads all NHL defensemen with 59 hits, ahead of Bouillon’s 56. Source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLSASAll&sort=hits&viewName=rtssPlayerStats

29. J.J. of Turku says:

Wow!

Hmmm.. Could her favourite architect be Alvar Aalto? We have a couple of his furnitures, like kitchen table and chairs. Takes another decade to earn money enough to buy some more, but if the lady wants… I don’t change my car to a newer..

Hope she enjoyd her visit to our little town.

30. linp says:

If it continues like that, he may switch to basket ball.

31. punkster says:

For all that’s good and holy in this world….please…NO MAB!

(apologies to Timo)

32. Big Ted says:

I hope Pierre Gauthier is smart enough to remember how bad MAB was defensively last year. He’s no better than the 6 guys we have starting here and he’s really not any better than Weber or Carle either. Let Tampa Bay sign MAB and hope thye play him on defense and we’ll see how they do.

33. rocketsglare says:

Can hardly wait to see him play for the Habs. A sight for sure to see guarding our blueline.

34. sidhu says:

No offense to anyone on the current roster, but I’m definitely interested in seeing how Weber plays.  He’s been lighting up the AHL and I’m curious how he’s going to do against the big boys now.

Maybe he’ll get a chance against the Laffs.

35. Rugger says:

My daughter visited Turku and Helsinki in September for school (she’s an architect major, her favorite architect is from Finland) Finally get’s home from Europe on Tuesday.

36. J.J. of Turku says:

That’s so very true :)

But she understands swedish better… I can allways say there was a little bit of misunderstanding.. :)

I’ve been working like an idiot for a couple of months, so now I can relax a little and enjoy a live-game every now and then.

37. nightmare_49 says:

The refs for tonight’s Game are Fredrick L’Ecuyer and Wes McCauley.

38. sholi2000.com says:

It’s really hard to draft home grown winners (Exception number one over all picks).  There are countless events where we say “we should have drafted this guy or that guy”, but you can always go back to that year and never read about this and that guy.

When we drafted Price all I remember was that the fans wanted that french guy Brule (where is he now).  I remember what I was doing….I was praying for number one pick and Crosby lol!  :)

When we drafted Price and I read up on him, I became in instant fan.

The End

They Call Me Shane

39. JIMVINNY says:

While the fact that he is still growing is exciting, it also means he’ll probably take longer to develop.  Still has to adjust to his frame.

40. Danno says:

JJ it’s 2:00 a.m. in Turku. You must have a very understanding wife.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

41. J.J. of Turku says:

You couldn’t be more right! 😉

42. MikeMcLaren says:

Steve,

My wife and I went to last year’s Nashville game (Carey Price was amazing).  What a great town, indeed.  No, it wasn’t a sell out, but those fans were passionate.  More passionate than fans filling the A.C.C., for sure.  More passionate than the 10,000 that fill te Prudential Center.

There were a lot of kids at the game, kids that will grow up with the game if it stays there.

But my oh my, what a great lil’ town.  I concur – great place to go see a game!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

43. Exit716 says:

Absolutely…Damn Swede and then he cost them Timmonen in the off season. A Swede for a Finn…bad, bad deal.

😉

44. Kristopher7 says:

Pleks is this week’s player to watch!!

45. J.J. of Turku says:

Didn’t they have a good thing going on a few years ago, then came Forsberg and ruined the chemistry?

46. punkster says:

Matt, I get a kick out of these debut rosters, Maybe you could ask Boone or Stubbs to post these all somewhere on the site. Or at least ask if they could re-post on the game day thread. Unusual views of each team to be sure but very interesting to see where the players end up.

47. TheDagger says:

NO…. PEEEEEE-KAAYYYYYY!!!

48. HabsProf says:

I remember Pleks when he first showed up.  Someone (I think it was Dino Sisto) said he reminded him of a physically larger Oleg Petrov.

I kind of agree with that. Petrov was a small man playing during the height of the “clutch and grab” era, so his talent was harder to appreciate.  Pleks has the same basic skill set as Petrov (fast skater, good puck-handler, can both score and pass), but he isn’t a midget.  Throw in the way he has matured and his willingness to play smart two-way hockey, and we have a great player.

_____________________________________

They brought their f____ing toys with them!

49. tigress says:

Understanding is that Gorges is playing, Halpern is a “game time decision” – from what I heard, Weber isn’t scheduled to be in the line-up tonight, but Dustin Boyd is poised to step in for Jeff Halpern if Halpern can’t play. Go Habs GO!

50. secretdragonfly says:

Way to go, Jarred!  Come and stay with us and I can guarantee you put on at least twenty more pounds, lol.

51. Willy the bum says:

*double post, double fail.

52. Willy the bum says:

You should definitely be a travel agent… :)

53. ooder says:

want to bet who comes out on top :)

——————

88 is the new 23

54. ooder says:

you know what i absolutley love.. is that our 2 top players right now Pleks and Price are ours.

what i mean is they were drafted, brought up and raised in our organization.

i remeber when pleks first came on the scene and i thought ok who is this little czech fellow..

but man.. now he is a corner stone on our team.

no he’s not the strongest or biggest or has the flashiest moves.. but he is just such a smart player its unbelievable

——————

88 is the new 23

I visited Nashville a few years ago and had the time of my life.  There is so much there besides country music (which I enjoy).

I bought a $10 ticket and had basically the same tickets that I had at the Summit.  We then were able to move down after the 1st period and sit in great seass. The players wife’s meet you as you go through the turnstiles.   After the game, our ticket paid our cover charge into one of the great bars you will ever visit.

Great town, friendly people and very safe to walk around at night.

These people (including management) have done everything they can to make a go of it.  Out of all the sunbelt teams, I hope that Nashville stays afloat and becomes a long term success.

As for the game, Nashville’s biggest weakness is their special teams.  That’s where the contest will be won or lost as I fully expect them to give a solid effort.

56. Ayan_SB says:

Habs prospect Jarred Tinordi was 6’6, 205 pounds when he was drafted this summer.

He is now 6’7, 212 pounds. That’s right folks, the kid’s still growing.

57. HFX-HabFan says:

Continuing on with the “debut roster” series, here is a roster comprised exclusively of current NHLers who made their league debut in a Predators uniform:

Hartnell-Peverley-Hornqvist

Erat-Legwand-Tootoo

Upshall-Fiddler-Jones

O’Reilly-Wilson-Spaling

Suter-Weber

Timonen-Hamhuis

Zanon-Zidlicky

Franson

Mason

Rinne

Total cost:  $57.18mil, or $2.22mil under the salary cap.  Not a lot of firepower up front, but a heck of a blueline, and a decent platoon tandem in net.  Now if only their coach could find his neck…

58. fuhgawz says:

i hope AK sends his brother through the glass tonight

59. HFX-HabFan says:

I think it’s so we can see Weber vs. Weber.

60. Ayan_SB says:

I’m guessing Weber was called up in case Gorges is still hurt.

61. zozotheclown says:

I’m thinking he’s going to try and swap our Weber for theirs when no one is looking… Maybe they won’t notice?

62. christophurrr says:

damn, worth a shot.

good luck to you as well.

63. 21BIGGionta says:

haha, the semester is almost over.I have my fair share of essays and readings. Good luck to you though!

64. SeriousFan09 says:

I think JM just wants to have an extra defencemen on board in case of whatever, last-minute flu or groin pulls and such. Makes sense, don’t want to get caught with a short bench.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

65. christophurrr says:

you can do my readings/write my paper for me if you really want something to do

66. Les-Habitants says:

I’m kind of curious to the Weber call up.  I mean, wouldn’t it better to have Weber playing rather then waiting in the wings as the 7th d-man?  We have an extra forward already in Boyd, and Picard is playing well.  I do think Weber is NHL ready but he’s still somewhat a liability in his own end (he’s -5 right now).  The powerplay is clicking too, so its not like we need him immediately.

I guess it could be as simple as ensuring that there is still competition for a roster spot.  Same reason why they keep on carrying Boyd:  if aren’t playing your best, there is someone who is waiting for a chance to get back into the lineup

67. Wops says:

Weird coincidence. Mike Richards vs black people all over again….

68. 21BIGGionta says:

Im so bored. can 730 come sooner?

69. J.Ambrose.OBrien says:

“Gunfight at the AK-SK corral”

Good one, Mike.

I remember Dec. 31, 1975

70. habs001 says:

our d and pricer are playing great…but we will need more scoring …of the top 16 teams only the blues have a lower goals per game stat than we do….the pp is a big key and i think management hopes weber can help out ..besides pk the other d men will provide very little pp help..we still have too many forwards that have very limited goal scoring ability…

71. Chuck says:

Gambler’s rule #1: never bet against a sure thing.

Canadiens issue apology to Flyers

72. Mr.Hazard says:

Really, Boone? Belarusian bayonet?

LOL

73. Kamal Panesar says:

So what’s the over/under on Sergei getting boo’d tonight?

Kamal writes on HabsAddict.com and Hockeybuzz.com. Follow Kamal on Facebook & Twitter.

74. sholi2000.com says:

Hockey in Nashville makes as much sense as an outdoor rink in Los Angles.  Take these Western Bums Down!

They Call Me Shane