Who was president the last time the Canadiens scored against Nashville?

Jan. 15, 2009.

Andrei Markov.

Since then, bupkes.

And sooooooooo boring.

1. J.Ambrose.OBrien says:

“Gunfight at the AK-SK corral”

Good one, Mike.

I remember Dec. 31, 1975

2. habs001 says:

our d and pricer are playing great…but we will need more scoring …of the top 16 teams only the blues have a lower goals per game stat than we do….the pp is a big key and i think management hopes weber can help out ..besides pk the other d men will provide very little pp help..we still have too many forwards that have very limited goal scoring ability…

3. Chuck says:

Gambler’s rule #1: never bet against a sure thing.

4. Mr.Hazard says:

Really, Boone? Belarusian bayonet?

LOL

5. Kamal Panesar says:

So what’s the over/under on Sergei getting boo’d tonight?

Kamal writes on HabsAddict.com and Hockeybuzz.com. Follow Kamal on Facebook & Twitter.

6. sholi2000.com says:

Hockey in Nashville makes as much sense as an outdoor rink in Los Angles.  Take these Western Bums Down!

They Call Me Shane

It’s -18C here right now so I will let you make that judgement. :)

8. Yeats says:

Nothing wrong with Genny cream if it’s 105F outside and they are served near freezing.

9. patrice brisebois says:

There is no other way to go breezer then full.

10. J.J. of Turku says:

As a future father in law maybe you should act.. ;)

11. Yeats says:

There is never a bad time to go “Full Breezer!”

12. J.J. of Turku says:

But not comfortable ones.

I’ve been drooling for motorized leather-monster for wathcing the games, but not a chance… :)

13. punkster says:

Nope, I got you pegged for the Genny ;)

14. punkster says:

Yep, us and 16 others. But I’m enjoying the ride so far. And I agree, it’s time to go Full Breezer.

15. Yeats says:

I’ll bring a case of Belgian ales!

You coming to my MAB Welcome Back party, Brian? Dave’s bringing some potato salad.

17. Yeats says:

Super. I’m a big buyer of the regular season as house-league view. Just get to the end of the season in a playoff position, healthy and with some momentum in the last few games and they have a legitimate shot at the Cup.

18. PrimeTime says:

Laffs are an AHL team :)

19. C3P1 says:

yeah, ehrhoff, hamhuis, edler…theyre all scrubs

20. Yeats says:

The Breezer has a world-class “do” in an era where most guys suffer from helmet head!

21. JIMVINNY says:

Every refresh is a page hit.  Why would they get rid of that?

22. VancouverHab says:

The Canucks don’t want him, why? Brain-dead error prone, for one.

If he was that good of a catch, the Canuckleheads–who have no especially good defense–would keep him.

23. Chuck says:

Besides, he’s got much better hair.

24. Rugger says:

I will, even though she has gone over to the enemy and is now a Bruins fan (her boyfriend’s fault)

25. joeybarrie says:

Its ok BOONE thought it was 2-1 last game ‘member…

26. habsforthecup says:

I’m personally fed up of these MAB to MTL stuff… so i started a petition… MAB to TBL! ttp://www.petitiononline.com/mabtbl/petition.html (it’s a joke peeps) but feel free to sign! GO HABS GO!
    – A

27. Chuck says:

“I know more about string theory than I do about the Nashville Predators.”

I’m surprised that Boone even knows about string theory.  :)

28. Danno says:

Just looked him up. Alvar Aalto makes beautiful furniture.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

29. J.J. of Turku says:

You must tell my Greetings to her. From a grazy habs-fan in the centre of Turku.

30. Framlingem says:

I listen to the game on the radio (no television), and do my readings at the same time. Tonight, Kit Marlowe’s Doctor Faustus. I’m sure I’ll be able to find a paper in there somewhere using hockey as a metaphor for internal struggle and possible redemption.

31. punkster says:

Brian! Good to hear from you. What do you think of these guys so far?

32. C3P1 says:

cman…no bieksa? guy is a warrior.  we seem to be missing size on our blue line.  and he can run a power play.  I love PK but I sure dont feel comfortable having him as our one able-bodied defenseman who can actually run a power play, like bieksa can.  if he didnt have two superstar PP quarterbacks ahead of him, he would score 40 points a year

33. icemachine says:

Boone, you got to start using Coveritlive or something similar so we don’t have to keep refreshing.

34. Yeats says:

Damn right, The Breezer is the first callup on the comeback list. MAB may have a shot, but a glorious outlet pass can be used even strength, PP and PK!

35. Rugger says:

Yes it is Aalto.  They visited his Home, studio, factory.  Yes, very expensive. my Grandmother had kitchen set but it dissapeared after she died, none of us had any idea what it was, just very odd looking.  She loved Finland.  She has taken over 4000 pics this fall and only posted one a day so we are really looking forward to seeing them next week (her too of course!)

36. SeriousFan09 says:

MTL is always fighting an uphill battle with drafting and development, finding the players that can both endure and excel under the bright lights of the Bell Centre. The new team assembled does just that, they step out on that ice and enjoy every minute of it but it will always be easier to find a guy who can play in Tampa Bay than can play in Montreal.

37. VancouverHab says:

No MAB no Bieksa…PLEASE.

38. JIMVINNY says:

Sounds like Boon is auditioning for MNF.

To that, I say; C’mon man!

39. linp says:

Tempa Bay uses a 1 3 1 system. He may fit into this system.

40. Lee_D says:

Boone: Brooks Orpik leads all NHL defensemen with 59 hits, ahead of Bouillon’s 56. Source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112ALLSASAll&sort=hits&viewName=rtssPlayerStats

41. J.J. of Turku says:

Wow!

Hmmm.. Could her favourite architect be Alvar Aalto? We have a couple of his furnitures, like kitchen table and chairs. Takes another decade to earn money enough to buy some more, but if the lady wants… I don’t change my car to a newer..

Hope she enjoyd her visit to our little town.

42. linp says:

If it continues like that, he may switch to basket ball.

43. punkster says:

For all that’s good and holy in this world….please…NO MAB!

(apologies to Timo)

44. Big Ted says:

I hope Pierre Gauthier is smart enough to remember how bad MAB was defensively last year. He’s no better than the 6 guys we have starting here and he’s really not any better than Weber or Carle either. Let Tampa Bay sign MAB and hope thye play him on defense and we’ll see how they do.

45. rocketsglare says:

Can hardly wait to see him play for the Habs. A sight for sure to see guarding our blueline.

46. sidhu says:

No offense to anyone on the current roster, but I’m definitely interested in seeing how Weber plays.  He’s been lighting up the AHL and I’m curious how he’s going to do against the big boys now.

Maybe he’ll get a chance against the Laffs.

47. Rugger says:

My daughter visited Turku and Helsinki in September for school (she’s an architect major, her favorite architect is from Finland) Finally get’s home from Europe on Tuesday.

48. J.J. of Turku says:

That’s so very true :)

But she understands swedish better… I can allways say there was a little bit of misunderstanding.. :)

I’ve been working like an idiot for a couple of months, so now I can relax a little and enjoy a live-game every now and then.

49. nightmare_49 says:

The refs for tonight’s Game are Fredrick L’Ecuyer and Wes McCauley.

50. sholi2000.com says:

It’s really hard to draft home grown winners (Exception number one over all picks).  There are countless events where we say “we should have drafted this guy or that guy”, but you can always go back to that year and never read about this and that guy.

When we drafted Price all I remember was that the fans wanted that french guy Brule (where is he now).  I remember what I was doing….I was praying for number one pick and Crosby lol!  :)

When we drafted Price and I read up on him, I became in instant fan.

The End

They Call Me Shane

51. JIMVINNY says:

While the fact that he is still growing is exciting, it also means he’ll probably take longer to develop.  Still has to adjust to his frame.

52. Danno says:

JJ it’s 2:00 a.m. in Turku. You must have a very understanding wife.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

53. J.J. of Turku says:

You couldn’t be more right! ;)

54. MikeMcLaren says:

Steve,

My wife and I went to last year’s Nashville game (Carey Price was amazing).  What a great town, indeed.  No, it wasn’t a sell out, but those fans were passionate.  More passionate than fans filling the A.C.C., for sure.  More passionate than the 10,000 that fill te Prudential Center.

There were a lot of kids at the game, kids that will grow up with the game if it stays there.

But my oh my, what a great lil’ town.  I concur – great place to go see a game!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

55. Exit716 says:

Absolutely…Damn Swede and then he cost them Timmonen in the off season. A Swede for a Finn…bad, bad deal.

;)

56. Kristopher7 says:

Pleks is this week’s player to watch!!

57. J.J. of Turku says:

Didn’t they have a good thing going on a few years ago, then came Forsberg and ruined the chemistry?

58. punkster says:

Matt, I get a kick out of these debut rosters, Maybe you could ask Boone or Stubbs to post these all somewhere on the site. Or at least ask if they could re-post on the game day thread. Unusual views of each team to be sure but very interesting to see where the players end up.

59. TheDagger says:

NO…. PEEEEEE-KAAYYYYYY!!!

60. HabsProf says:

I remember Pleks when he first showed up.  Someone (I think it was Dino Sisto) said he reminded him of a physically larger Oleg Petrov.

I kind of agree with that. Petrov was a small man playing during the height of the “clutch and grab” era, so his talent was harder to appreciate.  Pleks has the same basic skill set as Petrov (fast skater, good puck-handler, can both score and pass), but he isn’t a midget.  Throw in the way he has matured and his willingness to play smart two-way hockey, and we have a great player.

_____________________________________

They brought their f____ing toys with them!

61. tigress says:

Understanding is that Gorges is playing, Halpern is a “game time decision” – from what I heard, Weber isn’t scheduled to be in the line-up tonight, but Dustin Boyd is poised to step in for Jeff Halpern if Halpern can’t play. Go Habs GO!

62. secretdragonfly says:

Way to go, Jarred!  Come and stay with us and I can guarantee you put on at least twenty more pounds, lol.

63. Willy the bum says:

*double post, double fail.

64. Willy the bum says:

You should definitely be a travel agent… :)

65. ooder says:

want to bet who comes out on top :)

——————

88 is the new 23

66. ooder says:

you know what i absolutley love.. is that our 2 top players right now Pleks and Price are ours.

what i mean is they were drafted, brought up and raised in our organization.

i remeber when pleks first came on the scene and i thought ok who is this little czech fellow..

but man.. now he is a corner stone on our team.

no he’s not the strongest or biggest or has the flashiest moves.. but he is just such a smart player its unbelievable

——————

88 is the new 23

I visited Nashville a few years ago and had the time of my life.  There is so much there besides country music (which I enjoy).

I bought a $10 ticket and had basically the same tickets that I had at the Summit.  We then were able to move down after the 1st period and sit in great seass. The players wife’s meet you as you go through the turnstiles.   After the game, our ticket paid our cover charge into one of the great bars you will ever visit.

Great town, friendly people and very safe to walk around at night.

These people (including management) have done everything they can to make a go of it.  Out of all the sunbelt teams, I hope that Nashville stays afloat and becomes a long term success.

As for the game, Nashville’s biggest weakness is their special teams.  That’s where the contest will be won or lost as I fully expect them to give a solid effort.

68. Ayan_SB says:

Habs prospect Jarred Tinordi was 6’6, 205 pounds when he was drafted this summer.

He is now 6’7, 212 pounds. That’s right folks, the kid’s still growing.

69. HFX-HabFan says:

Continuing on with the “debut roster” series, here is a roster comprised exclusively of current NHLers who made their league debut in a Predators uniform:

Hartnell-Peverley-Hornqvist

Erat-Legwand-Tootoo

Upshall-Fiddler-Jones

O’Reilly-Wilson-Spaling

Suter-Weber

Timonen-Hamhuis

Zanon-Zidlicky

Franson

Mason

Rinne

Total cost:  $57.18mil, or $2.22mil under the salary cap.  Not a lot of firepower up front, but a heck of a blueline, and a decent platoon tandem in net.  Now if only their coach could find his neck…

70. fuhgawz says:

i hope AK sends his brother through the glass tonight

71. HFX-HabFan says:

I think it’s so we can see Weber vs. Weber.

72. Ayan_SB says:

I’m guessing Weber was called up in case Gorges is still hurt.

73. zozotheclown says:

I’m thinking he’s going to try and swap our Weber for theirs when no one is looking… Maybe they won’t notice?

74. christophurrr says:

damn, worth a shot.

good luck to you as well.

75. JIMVINNY says:

LOL.  Good one.

76. Shiloh says:

I’ll be there. I think you should make everyone try to drink their beer with boxing gloves on in honour of MAB’s puckhandling abilities.

77. punkster says:

Lemme call Yeats. He’s always up for a road trip. He can bring the Genny and I’ll bring the potato salad.

78. habsfaninboston says:

How was he left alone?

79. showey47 says:

yup,both are pulled.

80. J.J. of Turku says:

My favourite would be from the “Big Bang Theory”: BAZINGA!

81. andrewberkshire says:

Why was Hamrlik on the the right side there? Everyone caught out of position. Great pass by the Cube though.

82. t1tan5 says:

Defense 101: Always have a defender in front of the net.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6 – Philadelphia Eagles 7

84. punkster says:

A goaltender’s battle. Last one standing!

Dudes!

HI/O member for: 2 hours 27 min

86. andrewberkshire says:

Nah, he hasn’t been scoring on his own net.

What happened?

88. andrewberkshire says:

I really need to start watching that show, everyone keeps telling me it’s great.

89. JIMVINNY says:

I’m wondering which of these new accounts is Xtra.  But I don’t think he’s clever enough to come up with Laputz.

90. showey47 says:

he was destroyed in the corner and was very slow getting up but at least it wasn’t from behind.

91. J.J. of Turku says:

You won’t regret it. It’s brilliant :)

92. habsruleworld says:

Not often you see a Train in motion get stopped in its tracks!

TooToo train Subbanated!  and then Pickard crunching some dude

awesome!

93. RJB says:

6-5 Philly over Tampa, I think “Bobs” bubble has burst

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    – Bilbo Baggins

94. king ddd says:

history in making in philly.. lol but seriously whats the modern day record for most goals scored in a single game by both teams combined

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

95. Propwash says:

I respect that thud from P.K!

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

96. tony d says:

Sergei was invisible out there until his penalty

97. Chuck says:

Boston, Toronto AND Philly winning. Grrrr….

98. Rugger says:

This just in from Philly:  Mike Richards called an improptu press conference stating that Rookie Coach Boucher needs to show more respect. “We score 6 goals and this Rookie Coach has the disrespect to let his team stick with us by scoring 5, his GM better talk to him or I’m going to have to start shooting pucks into their bench”

Somebody please crash Briere for that fist pump after each goal.

100. Castor says:

I think this happens with the habs this year. Remember at the beginning of the season we beat Buffalo and Pitts and then lost to a cheap team? They get confident and slightly full of themselves The Habs and then don’t play as hard when a lesser team comes in. Of course, Nashville is no cake walk and the Habs did beat Carolina so what do I know?

101. SeriousFan09 says:

We need Toronto to win some games Chuck, do you want Boston to select in the Top 2 again?

102. showey47 says:

I’m really not seeing the point of calling up weber when chances are he won’t play and the bulldogs are playing 3 games in 3 nights starting tomorrow night. I could see if the they were going on an extended road trip when you would want to carry an extra defenceman but when they are playing at home tonight and again on saturday.

103. J.J. of Turku says:

Hmmmm… Neighboor is coming home. Man, is he drunk or what… :) He’ll need a key that is size of a hockeystick and a huge keyhole… Took almost 5 minutes for him to open the door… It’s interesting to stay awake :D

104. showey47 says:

payback on powe,awesome.

105. HabFanSince72 says:

Tampa are sinking like a stone.

106. Castor says:

HIO needs a “like this” button.

107. C3P1 says:

THANK YOU! someone else sees the light!

108. andrewberkshire says:

Are there any words left to describe Price’s play, or do we need to start making a few up?

109. showey47 says:

is giving up 7 goals in half a game part of the boucher 1-3-1 system?

110. habguy says:

we should be up 1-0, but Laputz missed an open net.

habs not sharp, could be a loss.

111. Chuck says:

They can win them at the end of the year, when they’ve already been long-eliminated from the playoffs.  :)

112. topher5468 says:

I thought Pleks was imitating him after he scored the 2nd goal on Tues

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

113. Shiloh says:

You’re right – doesn’t make much sense unless they’re thinking about making a deal.

114. SeriousFan09 says:

Can’t field a winning record without defence and goaltending, TBL are lacking both.

115. Chuck says:

Rinne made a huge stop with his paddle.

116. showey47 says:

7-6 flyers with the game only half over

117. topher5468 says:

your right but the goalie actually did save it

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

118. Rugger says:

Have both teams pulled their goalies? 13 goals in 30 minutes?

119. linp says:

Spacek’s pass just so blind sometimes.

120. topher5468 says:

Weak HAMR

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

121. JIMVINNY says:

What the F*** kind of coverage was that?

122. Rugger says:

The good news for me is that TB pulled Ellis (on my fantasy team) after 4 goals stopping the bleeding.

123. joeybarrie says:

FU**ING CUBE…………

124. C3P1 says:

wide open in the slot…i sense a pattern

125. Bill says:

Meh.

Full Breezer 4 Life

126. C3P1 says:

bound to happen…its ok

127. JIMVINNY says:

Well, there’s the weak one.

128. punkster says:

Oooo boy, this otta start some Price crap on here now.

129. showey47 says:

Well,that sucked.

130. joeybarrie says:

of course……

131. Danno says:

Goodnight Irene

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

132. andrewberkshire says:

Can someone figure out how to ban this knuckle dragger permanently?

133. t1tan5 says:

Softie #2 for Price this season.

134. habguy says:

this is the real Price tonight.

should have kept Halak.

135. OneTimer says:

Release the trolls!!

Poor little guys, they were starved for material these last two weeks…

136. Chuck says:

He barely move on that. Did it come from between Gorges legs?

137. coachdoug says:

Ouch!…at least bust the shutout…

138. Yeats says:

That was one heck of a pickup game in Philly!

139. OneTimer says:

and there they are!

140. Hockey Socks says:

My 3 stars:

1. Rinne

2. Goc

3. Price

141. shootdapuck says:

Troll alert!

Member for 3 hours and 8 minutes!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

The big difference, and it is a huge one, between the Habs and the Flyers. When the Habs are losing they take it like men and accept the results with class and act like gentlemen. The Flyers act like a bunch of juvenile deliquents and borderline criminals and goon it up.

143. Harani says:

Screw the predators and their stupid team!

“It must be love!”

144. punkster says:

They’ve already started (see below)

145. t1tan5 says:

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

146. Yeats says:

I’m not surprised after Tuesday night they didn’t get up for the Preds, neither did I!

147. Malreg says:

Oh well, you can’t win ‘em all.

148. TheLogician says:

i fixed your post for you…

Spacek PLAYS like my mechanic.

149. C3P1 says:

so does auld start saturday?

150. twilighthours says:

Nashville definitely the better team tonight.  They deserve it.

But why the hell is there an NHL team in NASHVILLE?

151. shootdapuck says:

Andrew simple put a 24 hour delay between registration and being allowed to post.

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

152. RJB says:

Really… Really?

– Bilbo Baggins

If he wasn’t so pathetic I’d laugh too.

154. olematelot says:

where ya been the last month?

155. C3P1 says:

im obviously joking…that last goal was like the first bad one hes allowed in a month.

156. Chuck says:

We need scoring on the other team’s net, not our own.

Canadiens issue apology to Flyers

It depends on how much control you have on your server. One way is to block his IP address. There are others but as I said it depends on how much administrative control you have on the server.

158. punkster says:

Damn straight dude.

He was working on that post.

160. habguy says:

this is the start of 3 losses in a row.

habs shutout for the 3rd time in 19 games! OMG

that means 11 more shutouts! god this team is the worst offensively in the NHL!

time to put Youppi on the 1st line. much better tham Gomercrap.

161. topher5468 says:

Any chance of Gomez stepping up,

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

162. JIMVINNY says:

Won’t be outplayed as badly as last year, but the result looks like it’ll be the same.  Pekka F. Rinne.

163. t1tan5 says:

Really impressed by Eller tonight. I think he may get a third star for his efforts here.

164. punkster says:

Alrighty then. Let’s play some hockey now.

165. SeriousFan09 says:

Habs don’t care enough about the out-of-division, non-rivalry squads. Hence tonight’s results.

Well that and what I warned about all those people saying we don’t need Markov, we need him just to make sure Hamrlik and Spacek don’t become Dead Men Skating by February.

166. habguy says:

this is reality.

these are the  real habs tonight.

167. Matt_in_TO says:

They better not play like this on Saturday

168. andrewberkshire says:

What a snipe.

169. HabFanSince72 says:

And that’s the problem with the Markov injury: more minutes for the bouncing Czechs.

170. JIMVINNY says:

How is that not high-sticking?  He whacked darche right in the helmet.

171. coachdoug says:

Really struggling to hold the O-zone tonight…losing puck battles on the boards…

172. Chuck says:

I wonder how much Sergei put up on the board for a win over his brother. The
    Preds areplaying like they need the money.

173. SeriousFan09 says:

Just me, or has NHL officiating been even worse than usual while the league organizes and covers Campbell’s backside?

174. andrewberkshire says:

Really feels like we’re going to get shutout by Rinne again, not working hard enough.

175. SUMO says:

Thank you JM!!! Play Eller!!!

176. Matt_in_TO says:

Who the hell gives up a 3 on 1 while on the PP?

177. punkster says:

Ouch, PK just gets himself into so much trouble sometimes. Still love the kid though.

178. habsfaninboston says:

Not his fault.  Someone should be covering for him.

I guess Habs are not too interested in these 2 point.

180. t1tan5 says:

Well we pretty much have to score now.

181. punkster says:

OK now, for pete’s sake, score on the PP.

182. coachdoug says:

MAB…MAB…MAB…where are you?  PP is killing us…5 on 3 now…

183. Propwash says:

Is it just me, or is this game kind of a snorefest compared to the one vs Filthy?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

184. Shiloh says:

AK draws a penalty – maybe he might benefit from some first-wave pp time.

185. andrewberkshire says:

Ok, the Predators are getting the most retarded luck I’ve ever seen.

186. shootdapuck says:

Somebody please shake these guys and wake them up!

Sorely lacking effort!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

187. J.J. of Turku says:

Damn, that Rinne looks stellar…

188. Shiloh says:

4 on 1 – and they put themselves offside.

189. SeriousFan09 says:

Habs haven’t taken an out-of-conference opponent other than VAN seriously this season.

190. habs001 says:

we will be used to tight games when playoffs come along as we will have the majority of these games all year…goaltending and d are more important for us as by the end of the season we will be somewhere 18-24 in goal scoring unless we pick up a scorer…we have to realize this team is not elite in goal scoring talent but you do not need to be

191. twilighthours says:

PK needs to use a different stick.  Something that breaks less.

192. coachdoug says:

Habs gotta get someone to QB this sorry powerplay…should have some money with O’Byrne gone…

193. Matt_in_TO says:

Yeah, 2 more minutes of us not scoring!

194. HFX-HabFan says:

Nice, one of their better penalty killing forwards in the box for this one.

195. Hockey Socks says:

Barry Trotz hockey.

196. HabFanSince72 says:

Come home Sheldon.

When was the last time Habs had such an advantage in getting calls?

198. PrimeTime says:

C’mom…..this is getting frustrating!!

199. showey47 says:

ok we really have to pot one here. These PP’s are going to go the other way sooner or later.

200. dean roberts says:

anybody got a link? thanks

I see what you are trying to do there.

202. HabFanSince72 says:

Picard’s passes don’t often hit their intended target do they?

203. Wayne says:

Unbelievably bad PP. Keystone coppish.

204. JIMVINNY says:

If Pouliot actually hits the net there, it’s a goal.

205. HOGGIE says:

the kid really needs to shorten his backswing

206. coachdoug says:

Yeah maybe…He’s riding the bus with Hershey…actually saw him last week in Charlotte as they were doing the game day skate where our team was playing…

207. dean roberts says:

thanks Wayne

208. JIMVINNY says:

This just seems to be one of those games.  Bounces not going our way, running into a hot goalie.  Lots of teams probably feel like this after playing us.

209. Wayne says:

ZERO mojo tonight

210. Hockey Socks says:

Preds wanted it more tonight, plain and simple.

211. showey47 says:

can we please stop the laps in the top 6 experiment?

212. punkster says:

He’s filler.

213. SUMO says:

I second that. While were at it. Put AK46 back with Pleks.

214. J.J. of Turku says:

Price has been good, but would it have been stupid move to let Auld play this game? Maybe guys would have given more effort, when there’s a backup in the nets?

215. Harani says:

No! Definitely No! did I say no already? Coming off a shutout, you dont just sit the hottest goaltender in the NHL with 4 wins in a row with a 0.75 GAA and .979SV%. So, NOOO!

“It must be love!”

216. topher5468 says:

I thought they would have started Auld as well, Get Price back in there on Sat, Oh well, I hope Price plays on Sat

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

217. t1tan5 says:

If we had won 3-1 vs. the Flyers, I would be inclined to agree with you, but you never bench a goalie after a shutout.

218. HabFanSince72 says:

Eller has one pass and no goals in 17 games.

What evidence do you have that he belongs on the powerplay?

219. J.J. of Turku says:

Looks a little messy…

220. notbigbird says:

Shows no respect. :)

Subban should have gotten 2 there for being disrespectful.

222. Matt_in_TO says:

These guys warming up for Monday night?

223. Chuck says:

See? You don’t have to headhunt to throw a solid, effective bodycheck.

224. HOGGIE says:

Picard impressive , i like him more and more every shift

225. JIMVINNY says:

Good to see PK isn’t slowing down.

226. SeriousFan09 says:

Two solid checks from two Ds on a single shift, good to see.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

WHy would he? It would be totally retarded if he let what that puke richards said affect him.

Pyatt is suffering from the Higgins syndrom.

229. Danno says:

Pyatt can’t buy it

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

230. PrimeTime says:

Eller is impressing tonite :)

Lars Eller is playing a very good upbeat and physical game. He’s all over the ice and taking charge out there. What a great pick-up.

232. Matt_in_TO says:

Too bad the guy we traded for him has scored more goals so far.

233. WarHero says:

Totally agree HH, the Blues brass were not lying when they said they had a very, very hard time deciding to trade him and schultz :)

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Live Blog & HockeyBuzz

234. J.J. of Turku says:

Maybe he respects the goalie too much?

235. WarHero says:

We got Pulashaj for D’Agostini, not Eller.

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Live Blog & HockeyBuzz

236. C3P1 says:

the current NHL.com feature videos are “saves of the year.”  carey has 3…no one else has more than one.

237. NoTinFoilCups says:

I think he will be a Plekanec type of player in a couple of years and the kind of guy opposing teams won’t want to play against.

238. Shiloh says:

Max is a weak link out there tonight. Put someone out there with AK46 who can actually move it forward.

Wow, that is some shitty defensive play by the 5 guys on the ice.

240. JIMVINNY says:

They’re killing us.

241. C3P1 says:

halak scored on himself…how have you missed that haha

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

Not our player for a change…   yet.

243. Matt_in_TO says:

Yes I know thanks.  I was making reference to Halak’s own goal last nice.

244. JIMVINNY says:

He means Halak.  He didn’t specify which net that goal was scored on, however.

245. geo_habsgo says:

I think he is talking about Halak..

:p

246. king ddd says:

do we have anyone at hamilton whos got gritt and who can score?

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

247. WarHero says:

Sorry, I seen the clip, and enjoyed it. The reference wasn’t very clear.

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Live Blog & HockeyBuzz

I think he was talking about Halak’s own goal. Not that I want Eller to score on his own net.

BTW Palashaj is scoring at 1.40 points per game pace in the AHL.

Aaron Palushaj  10GP 3G 11A 14pts +7

249. HOGGIE says:

wow robbery there

250. JIMVINNY says:

PK…  You hold your stick in the air for 5 seconds, they’re going to know you’re shooting.

251. PrimeTime says:

Oh Lappy, fail!

252. Matt_in_TO says:

He was trying to show respect to the puck

253. Shiloh says:

Put Eller with Gomer and AK.

254. notbigbird says:

He needs to work on the glove hand.

255. J.J. of Turku says:

Where’s the team from last game? I miss them…

256. C3P1 says:

if he hits it too hard, something might happen to him

257. PrimeTime says:

cheer up……man, you must be awful to be around.

258. J.J. of Turku says:

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow… But someday, someone will show him…

259. JIMVINNY says:

Leave Shiloh alone.  He’s been moderately tolerable lately. :)

260. Hockey Socks says:

Max Pacioretty?

261. Shiloh says:

Huh? You must be a nasty little weenie – glad I don’t know you. I think the MaxLap experiment isn’t really getting AK46 any chances – that was the extent of my comment. As to being cheerful – I’m having a glass of wine with my son, the fireplace has some birch in it and the little dog is asleep a few feet away. I’m very cheerful, thanks.

262. 21BIGGionta says:

are you for real?

263. C3P1 says:

your cheerfulness is clearly shown by your apparent need to attack everybody…I think he was just kidding around.

264. PrimeTime says:

Glad to hear but every post is a comment from you is negative, no? Maybe not intended??

265. Shiloh says:

OK – in a positive vein – Max is a gritty 3rd line centre who pops the occasional big goal and Eller seems ready to bust out and might benefit from a more offensive placement – with AK and Gomer. It could be a win-win – or I could be full of it.

266. Yeats says:

They just use him to cut down on “injury time.”

267. punkster says:

Comic relief.

268. Yeats says:

When he drops his mitts and cocks that right hand, all humanity trembles!

269. Hockey Socks says:

Boone, it was the lack of a reverse-jinx. This loss is on you. I hope you’re happy.

270. punkster says:

Well, he was way out of position trying to follow the puck which he carried and lost into his opposite corner. “Someone” would have to read minds to follow that and cover up. Trying to go though 3 guys on the opposite side isn’t really the best idea there.

271. twilighthours says:

I’m still high on this Habs team, but at what point is Gauthier or Martin going to realize that Lapierre isn’t a top 6 winger?  He’s a 4th-liner at best.

272. SeriousFan09 says:

Habs get beaten by teams that employ a boring style that stifles them, hence NJD and NSH losses. Their creative play can’t get through and they’re missing the power forward to create an opening for them.

273. christophurrr says:

right in the junk

274. Yeats says:

The truth is that none of them wanted to be the answer to the trivia question: Who was the first star against the Nashville Preditors last season?

275. coachdoug says:

Preds outbattled the Habs tonight plain and simple…Gotta hand it to Trotz….he makes do with very little every year in a town that doesn’t care about hockey…Preds D was excellent tonight…

276. andrewberkshire says:

What an awkward hit, hope both players are ok.

277. Yeats says:

Spatch did a face plant into the top if the boards. Ouch!!!

278. Exit716 says:

Let’s see. Boston, Vancouver, Philly….wins

Columbus, Nashville, Florida…losses.

Ugh.

279. coachdoug says:

That hurt just watching it…

280. Wayne says:

Spatch just lost a few chiclets on that one.

281. JIMVINNY says:

Insult to injury, 2 minutes for that, Spacek.

282. Chuck says:

Too bad he couldn’t have hit his check that hard on the 2nd goal.

Seriously though… hope he’s ok.

283. Matt_in_TO says:

and not just losses, shut outs.

284. rocketsglare says:

The 2nd Preds goal should never have happened. That was just poor D play by Hamrlik and then by

Spacek. Now, Carey let’s in a bad goal. Definitely a let down by this team.

Hate to lose the 2 points against a team like the Predators, but I would rather have the stinker now

rather than this coming Saturday. The team was simply never in the game and their play reflected

that. I am sure this game will be long forgotten as the team prepares for the hated Leafs.

285. Habbu says:

Shut out at home to the ‘Ice Hockey’ Team from Nashville. Oh well lets hope they are plenty p’d for the Leafs on Saturday. Oh no now Spatch uses his face as a battering ram…I need a stiff drink…good night

286. Wayne says:

Rounds are on SK tonight.

287. icemachine says:

You create your own bounces and the Habs didn’t do that tonight. No spark, no drive, no goals. It happens, just can’t let it carryover to Saturday

288. Komihater says:

Can’t win em all sadly. Nothing going there way tonight, it’s one of those games. Although if were giving two points away it might as well be against a western team.

Eller was our best player tonight, Pyatt looked solid as well.

Carey didnt’t play badly, but i’d rest him and play Auld against TO.

289. christophurrr says:

i really think MAB would have helped tonight

(tongue firmly planted in cheek)

290. Chuck says:

The first goal shouldn’t have happened, either.

What game?

292. SeriousFan09 says:

Embarassing loss to a WC team that they didn’t take seriously until too late.

Hamrlik and Spacek will have good and bad nights this season, but as it wears on, the bad nights will really outnumbers the good ones if Markov isn’t back to take some pressure off of them. We needed him to shoulder 20 minutes minimum a night and mentor Subban, only time Subban didn’t take that damn mega wind-up was when Markov fed him against BOS.

293. topher5468 says:

It’s OK, its not like we were gonna win’em all. I wish Gomez would just do something.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

294. Yeats says:

The only thing that was missing tonight was the Habblebee uniforms.

295. OneTimer says:

and not just wins, shut outs.

296. Komihater says:

Don’t forget Jersey!!

297. Antho says:

I think JM found carbozos combination locks

The youth are getting ruined:

PK not the same; steady decay these last games

Pouliout on a line with darch and halpern, a top ten draft pick

JM has to go! thats another shut out at home…this is disgusting

298. Larry says:

I am not complaining, the team has played above my expectations this year and these nights are bound to happen but that being said, it seems if we don’t score in the first period it is virtually a forgone conclusion that we will be shut out. Maybe it is frustration clouding my memory but it has to be about 85% or more the last few seasons, if we don’t score in the first we don’t score at all.

299. RGM says:

Can’t win ‘em all. A goal would have been nice, though.

300. punkster says:

Man these guys just can’t get (it) up for the weak teams. Some sort of complacency thing. So boring.

Bag skate their sorry butts tomorrow JM. And cut their rum rations.

301. habsperspective says:

We can lose to Columbus, Nashville, Florida, New Jersey…But the leafs in the season opener, that hurts.  And we get to play them Saturday again on a 2 game win streak. That hurts.

302. Hockey Socks says:

Price must start on Saturday. Can’t rest him after a loss like this in which he let in the biggest stinker all year. Time to see how he bounces back in a huge Saturday night game against Toronto.

303. J.J. of Turku says:

Good night. Would have been more terrible to watch the game without you.

304. Rob says:

What happened to riding off into the sunset while giving us the finger?

The Montreal Canadiens: sporting the best AND worst fans since 1909!

305. SeriousFan09 says:

Typical coach moaning.

He wasn’t telling the players not to play for the 1st period or just have completely uncoordinated passing throughout the whole game, the team has to want to play.

306. joeybarrie says:

Wow, so I guess the Habs season is over. We are gonna end up dead last. Trade all the players. Fire all coaches. Sell the team. Burn down the Bell, and move it all to Quebec City……….

Its ONE game… Relax, we didn’t even give up any points to an EC team. Philly lost tonight…. There will still be a tomorrow.

307. Antho says:

This team does not want to play for this coach…its soo obvious…they won these last few games because of price

Markov is gone. Maybe for the season. I am concerned SF because you’re sounding a bit like a Halak lamenter.

Markov was rushed IMO and shouldn’t have been playing top minutes by the looks of things either.

I will admit that I was thinking how much better they’d be this game if Markov was out there and 100%. But he’s not. Habs need to find a way without him.

Habs got out coached tonight and the other goalie was better.

Next!

309. joeybarrie says:

Stinker? Bounce Back???  3 goals on 30 shots isn’t bad. In fact it wont even bring down his SV% very much…

It wasnt 7 goals on 36 shots……….. Price did fine.

310. Antho says:

How do you have coordinated passing when the lineups change every night?

The team can’t stand this guy

You forgot PG and BG, not to mention they traded Halak, standing pat, 47% and 88 points.

312. joeybarrie says:

You think being in the top 4 of the conference is DISGUSTING??????

Your an idiot.

313. Antho says:

your like a typical leafs fan, excited about a winning record until reality hits you…its to early to get your hopes up

This team does not have any sustained pressure in the off zone; the only game i saw dominance was after the flyers starting playing dirty in the third and then the habs lit them up

314. RJB says:

This post is laughable, Habs are a great hockey team. They lost a game, even the best teams do that.

– Bilbo Baggins

315. Antho says:

you just dont get it do you?

THIS TEAM DOES NOT SUSTAIN AN OFFENSIVE FORECHECK

Everything is perimeter

316. SeriousFan09 says:

I know, but I got a little tired of people saying he wasn’t that important and the season would go on without him. It’s a blow that will be more evident as each month goes by. Still hoping it’s strained ligaments not a tear because honestly I don’t see Hamrlik and Spacek standing up to this by March, let alone April.

317. punkster says:

That’s funny. You’re a funny guy. You know that?

318. SeriousFan09 says:

They can’t stand him so much they played their way to the top of the Division, right….

319. joeybarrie says:

So is this the first game you have watched?????? Pouliot Halpern and Darche have been playing together awhile….  In fact they even have a nick name for the line. WELCOME TO YOUR FIRST GAME…

320. Hockey Socks says:

Not saying he played badly, but no goalie feels good about letting in a goal like that. Just saying that sitting him would send the wrong message. Gotta keep up his confidence by letting him play a big game on Saturday.

321. punkster says:

Guys. Chill.

It’s Tony.

322. olematelot says:

Your post is disgusting

323. punkster says:

It’s Tony. Does that explain it now?

324. joeybarrie says:

When you are laughing AT someone, THEY are not funny…. Just entertaining. I can hear the players now. Blaming JM….  Damn coach, too much experience. Hate that he doesnt yell at us, oooooo gets me so mad….

325. punkster says:

Goodfellas restaurant scene…”Funny how?”

326. joeybarrie says:

Your right, too many trolls around making me jump too quickly.

327. HabFanSince72 says:

JM has to go!

After one loss?

328. kempie says:

Dude, the deal was that you would leave this place, not create a new username and keep posting the same dumb shit. GTFO!

329. rocketsglare says:

The 1st goal was a beautiful individual effort by Goc. Can’t blame Carey there IMO. It’s the 3rd goal that

maybe Price should have stopped. But, he kept this team in the game with some incredible saves, but it

was simply not meant to be tonight for this team.

330. rocketsglare says:

The game the Habs lost 3-0 to the Preds. That game.

Already forgotten. Next!

332. SeriousFan09 says:

Will SOMEONE on the Habs tell Subban to **** off with that ridiculous wind-up? He’d probably have 4 goals this season if he’d knock it off.

333. andrewberkshire says:

If that’s not a make up call, what is? Weakest interference I’ve ever seen.

334. Danno says:

Cammy is getting his share of bad penalties…

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

335. punkster says:

Good for you Cammy. We suck on the PP so even it up then get a shorty.

336. coachdoug says:

Glad the PP is over it was getting hard to watch…

337. Shiloh says:

Pretty lame call…

Cammi is being totally useless today. Ditto for Gomez but that’s like saying that water is wet.

339. showey47 says:

Massive makeup call,saw it coming though. We’re not the leafs who get 7 straight PP’s

340. HabFanSince72 says:

Rinne’s hot.

341. J.J. of Turku says:

I think he’s kinda ugly. ;)

342. J.J. of Turku says:

Hmmmm… Good point. You must forgive me, I’m a little tired… Been awake for 21 hours..

343. punkster says:

Unfreakigbelieveablesequencewtf!!!

344. J.J. of Turku says:

NOw would be a perfect time to score before the start to blow make up-calls… Ok.. I was too slow..

345. Chuck says:

That’s the kind of night that it’s been… Spackek
    of all people finds himself alone in the slot with a tremendous scoring chance,
    which he of course flubbed

346. larisalapointe says:

Rinne is playing Price-ian tonight.

347. punkster says:

Stamkos…hattie!

348. HOGGIE says:

Boone is it really quiet at the bell tonight? its the first time i ever heard just one single guy screaming over and over on rds

349. chilehabfan says:

It’s lucky sevens between the Flyers and Lighting!

350. Hockey Socks says:

7-7 at the end of the 2nd period in TB-PHI game.

351. punkster says:

And I picked Kovalchuk…FOOL!

352. andrewberkshire says:

I have Stamkos in two pools, but against him in two others this week. I’m not sure how to feel.

353. coachdoug says:

Trotz is his own bobblehead…just sayin

354. Matt_in_TO says:

I think it’s going to come down to a last second field goal

- In Price We Trust

MAB is still #1 pick in mine.

356. twilighthours says:

The passing sucks tonight.  On the plus side: my Kilkenny is still cold and delicious.

357. Matt_in_TO says:

Shhhh, he might have you whacked if he hears you

358. PrimeTime says:

just not quite in sync so far. Gonna have to get an ugly one!

359. shootdapuck says:

Boone, the PK is good but it looks like they have been killing a penalty for 2 periods !

No offensive push whatsoever! Lots of standing around!

Passing is a mess!

“The three stars as selected by Red Fisher of the Montreal Star:
    1st star: Henri Richard
    2nd Star: Doug Harvey
    3rd Star: Jacques Plante

Final score Detroit Red Wings 5 Montreal Canadiens 3″

360. punkster says:

Then you are clearly one up tonight my friend.

361. andrewberkshire says:

Anyone think Stamkos can do 50 in 50?

362. solomio says:

I just can’t believe we’re gonna lose this game.The loss of these 2 points practically renders the victory over the Phillys  moot.

363. Hockey Socks says:

Think he can do it in 39?

364. PrimeTime says:

Not too sure of the Bell ad in the corner Markov went down??

365. andrewberkshire says:

Eller just wrecked a guy!

I am loving Eller’s physical play tonight.

367. twilighthours says:

Man-ish shift for Eller.  Give him more minutes!

368. linp says:

Eller is strong on skate. He can hit.

369. Matt_in_TO says:

I can’t believe we’re playing like this against the team that blew a 3-0 lead against the laffs.

- In Price We Trust

Man, Rinne is stopping shots from afar. So… what does that tell you guys? anybody? How about… well… wait for it… ok… how about jamming the net? Eh?

371. JIMVINNY says:

See that shoulder by Eller to create space?  Looks like something Pleks would do.  Maybe Eller’s learning some stuff from Tomas.

372. habaholic68NJ says:

Nice shift by Eller

373. punkster says:

He simply stood there and levelled that guy. Great to see.

374. coachdoug says:

Yeah…rumors abound…I’m safe as I have connections…I actually have a Preds Jersey signed by the team when my boy Paul Kariya was with them…

375. Chuck says:

He might do it before the end of the night.  :)

376. SUMO says:

Eller’s got some jam to him tonite. Good idea getting Benny more ice.

377. joeybarrie says:

Only the second period. And we are playing ALOT better this period. Great stuff from Eller. He should get more playing time because of this.

378. andrewberkshire says:

379. HFX-HabFan says:

Rinne’s rebound control hasn’t been amazing.  Just keep crashing the net and we’ll pot a dirty one.

Eller really is one of our strongest guys along the boards.

It’s 1-0 relax. Team’s lose. The Habs are in this game and have had their chances. Pred’s goalie has been great so far. Nothing will render last win moot.

381. HOGGIE says:

still a whole period to go relax lots can happen they were leading toranta by 4 just 2 days ago and lost

382. HOGGIE says:

383. punkster says:

Exactly. Last sequenece we had 3 guys behind the net when we had the puck. It was agreat shift by Eller but nobody going to the net.

384. PrimeTime says:

that hasn’t worked yet either

The NHL stepped in and awarded the Leafs enough PP’s until that 3-0 lead was overturned.

386. rocketsglare says:

Well, 2 crappy periods done. Have the 3rd to redeem themselves.

387. linp says:

Lapierre is totally useless on the 2nd line. Put Eller there!

388. punkster says:

Shades of last season.

I really don’t get you people. No team wins every game. It’s 1-0. Chill out.

You bastard!!

I thought somebody said they killed Kenny.

391. rocketsglare says:

So, I take it that their play after 2 periods is acceptable?

392. Chuck says:

It’s like when we were groing up, and during road hockey everybody wanted to be Gretzky.

393. 21BIGGionta says:

“Montreal have the best hockey fans in the world, . They love the game, they’re savvy about the game and Habs  fans are completely unreasonable about the game: one win, plan the parade; one loss, tie the noose.  It’s super-emotional, it’s completely irrational, but that’s what makes it so glorious”

-George Stroumboulopoulos

394. joeybarrie says:

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE………. DISGRACE,  WE NEED TO TRADE THEM ALL. We cannot stand for this.

395. PrimeTime says:

Their play has been a little off but not bad…..Rinne and their D have been better…so far

396. Wayne says:

Hang in there, JM’s handing out cans of whoop-ass as we speak.

397. VancouverHab says:

OK: you have, bar none, hands down, going home, the coolest avatar and alias on the site.

This is awesome. Everyone else is looking up at you.

398. C3P1 says:

haha your probably right.  thanks, I appreciate it

399. olematelot says:

Troll alert, Troll alert!!!!!  They’ll be coming out of the woodwork tomorrow

400. SUMO says:

Eller had 12:48 of ice tonite with 1 shot and 4 hits.

401. Antho says:

He’s so weak on the boards; it seems like whenever the top line is out they try to grind and cycle yet they all get bounced off the puck

402. habstrinifan says:

Folks here may disagree but you could see this result shaping up in the first period. Martin should have reduced Gill/Georges/Hammlik’s ice time from the very beginning. Anyone who watched first period and took measure of of time of sustained presure in HABS zone would have noticed that it was largely when the above were on the ice and having some very bad shifts.

Oh Well… should make the boys hungrier for Toronto. I would rather lose against Nashville than Toronto on Saturday. But please please JM be wary of overusing Gill/Hammrlik and Georges.

403. RiverviewCanadien says:

Well that sucked. Where the hell was the energy from anyone.

Was Pleks really that bad (-3)? I thought Pleks played a pretty solid start. He was winning the faceoffs, passing well enough to get an assist. I found Mike (also -3) was a little weak while trying to fandangle with the puck, held on too long. The PP sucked…PK was terrible at times in this game, Lars SHOULD have been given time on the PP.

A loss, by a shutout hurts from a ‘weaker’ team. I will chaulk this one up as a loss and forget about it tomorrow.

404. joeybarrie says:

Preparing against teams like Nashville is always difficult. No one really playing GREAT, no one really standing out.   You know you play against Tampa, you have a plan to stop Stamkos (if you can), same with Philly. Against New Jersey last month, and again tonight, the goalie played great and we didn’t. We should have scored but the goalie stopped us. Same when we played Philly.

It goes both ways…. NOW I JUST WANT TO SEE US DESTROY ON SATURDAY…

405. quentin_stuckley says:

i’ll chalk this up to four things.

1. the schedule.

coming off the win against philly, a hard fought shutout win, everyone was elated.  it was a tremendous game.  it took it’s toll.  everyone was elated with that win.  who they play next?  the preds.  talk about an emotion drop out.  plus, toronto is coming up saturday; another game that’s going to be intense.  it’s easy to believe the focus wasn’t on tonight.  should it have been?  of course.  but this happens to a lot of good teams.

2. the leafs.

they totally demoralized the preds with that come from behind win.  trotz was rightfully pissed, and boxed their ears, i’m sure.  there was no way we were going to see a flat nashville team.  the preds had more jump because they had more motivation to get fired up.

3. barry trotz.

the man can coach.  as others have posted, he’s been pretty successful with what i would deem, lesser talented teams.  don’t get me wrong, they have talent, just no flashy talent.  they have solid players and they play a simple, conservative, shut down game.   it’s been working for them for the last six years.  they’re just under the radar because no one on the teams outshines other players in their division.  zetterberg, marian hossa, jonathan toews, patrick kane, to name a few.

4. pekka f. rinne.

who the hell does he think he is, martin brodeur?  he came to play, and for some damn reason has the habs number.  they cracked him a couple of times, but he never broke.

i’m not too disappointed by this loss.  i don’t like it, but i’d rather they lose against the preds, a team from the western conference that they never see, than the effin’ leafs.  they will be more prepared next game.

406. smiler2729 says:

My wife (the nut Blue Jacket fan) absolutely HATES the Preds. She says they lull you into a blob of zzz and you hardly notice when they even score and before you know it they’ve beaten you 2-1 or something boring like that…

I hate ‘em now too. What a dull game they play. Gary’s Southern Parity Plan for the NHL, oh yeah.

407. Propwash says:

Nashville seemed to clog everything tonight.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

408. habs365 says:

Some of the comments tonight…not hard to tell who don’t know much about hockey…get over it…every team plays bad once in awhile.

Listen to the Rocket.  But he’ll be pissed if they lose saturday.

A coincidence that Habs got shut out by a team that clogged everything and everybody?

Cammilleri was a spectator tonight. Useless game.

410. Chuck says:

Four great games, followed by what promises to be another great game on Saturday night. Perhaps they got caught looking ahead a little.

411. SeriousFan09 says:

I doubt they were caught looking ahead, Habs haven’t brought their A Game to the Leafs since the last one of the 08-09 season really. They don’t see the Leafs as a real rival anymore while the Leafs treat it like the SC Finals because it’s all they have now.

Don’t have a good feeling about the Saturday game, was hoping to pick up 4 points during the week to temper against a potential loss.

412. Kaptain K says:

You win some you lose some…

413. MathMan says:

I guess that’s the ticket.

414. duffy says:

Crap, now we have to play the RED HOT LEAFS.

415. Hockey Socks says:

Leaves burn when they’re that hot.

416. olematelot says:

Hot Leafs, now thats an oxymoron

417. HFX-HabFan says:

Nobody says “Weber” more dramatically than Houde.  We get to hear it more often tonight.

418. linp says:

We’ll trade our Weber with their.

419. C3P1 says:

im excited to hear…TOO TOO

420. PrimeTime says:

Credit Rinne and their D. Our scoring chances have not been pretty.

421. coachdoug says:

Oy yoy yoy!!! Preds are winning the battles…Habs need to get dirty next period if they want this one…

422. 21BIGGionta says:

nice benoit brunet impression

423. nick says:

Given the big games MTL has played recently, I get the uneasy feeling that they might be underestimating the predators a bit.

424. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

I agree. Nashville’s off to a slow start, but this is mostly the same team that put up 100 points last year in one of the tougher divisions. Plus, they pulled a major choke-job against the Leafs on Tuesday, so you know they’ll be focused better for this one.

425. chezbody says:

Don’t sweat the small stuff, this one is in the bank. AK gets 3 and gives his bro the Belurussian bayonet right where the sun don’t shine.

-If you’ve only got one day to live, come see the Toronto Maple Leafs. It’ll seem like forever……

426. 21BIGGionta says:

We might be, but i thnk the habs are handling it differently

427. MICP says:

Any idea of a link for those of us in the USA?

428. SeriousFan09 says:

Got the RDS Feed.

429. PrimeTime says:

time for a beer!

430. C3P1 says:

boone, whoever has fracophone-ish skills…

I need some help.  this video from the centenial game, brunet says something after about 5 players names, it sounds like “travais”…but I know this isnt a real french word.  what is he saying?

its like “gomez travais, cammalleri, travias,…”

travail means work

432. habs001 says:

nashville down to 11 forwards…we should win this game…it is very likely we will be life and death vs the leafs saturday

Big friggin’ deal. They lost. It happens. You can tell who are the adults and who are the children on this web site.

Any way we can contact Tony’s parents and get them to take away his Internet access when the Habs lose?

434. C3P1 says:

boone, whoever has fracophone-ish skills…

its like “gomez travais, cammalleri, travias,…”

435. RedLight says:

He’s just saying they are all putting in an extra effort. Travailler = To Work

You were likely confused by SK and ‘work’ appearing in the same sentence.

436. SeriousFan09 says:

If Subban is one of the guys talking to the press tonight, someone needs to ask him why he’s completely abandoned his wrist shot in the NHL.

437. Chuck says:

Wrist shots aren’t hip with the kids, dont’cha know. But then again, taking 10 seconds to wind up for a big slapper only to get it blocked ain’t cool, either.

438. rocketsglare says:

Thank you.

439. duffy says:

Hopefully this will get them pumped for Saturaday night.

440. SeriousFan09 says:

Going to watch Brendan Gallagher (#11 out there) in the WHL Super Series game with the Russian Juniors.

You can watch here.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

Man, it’s been a while since I watched a live game while following the blog.

442. RedLight says:

Great headline, Mike. You’ve been especially on lately, aside from crediting the other team with goals they haven’t scored.

443. punkster says:

OK, so the number 4 team in the league is down by a single goal to the number 23 team in the league. Let’s not panic here. Let’s settle down, get some guys in Rinne’s face/space, get some shots down low on the net and bang in a rebound or three.

And for pity’s sake will someone please go out and get me a 6 of Boreale Rousse?

I hear ya man. My big fat cat is sleeping on me so I can’t go get a refill of my Captain Morgain. Cats are useless.

445. Harani says:

Thank God we don’t play them 4 times! Or even worse…6 times…Would be horrible! I’m not going to analyse this loss and dissect it and everything, it’s one game and I honestly think it was kind of a flukey one. Like the Columbus game earlier…ex-Habs kill!

On a more positive note, Habs are still the only team not to give up more than 3 in regulation. Still Impressive. Means you have a shot at winning every night!

“It must be love!”

446. SeriousFan09 says:

Flyers-TB already a 3-3 game with 6 goals in just 10 minutes of scoring!

Defence and goaltending not the focus of the match.

447. JIMVINNY says:

5 3 philly now.

448. Shiloh says:

Six goals in ten minutes of scoring? or ten minutes of playing?

449. PrimeTime says:

Ya but is Stamkos showing respect??

Now RDS is mentioning Breezer. Could it be the mother of all comebacks – Breezer and MAB signed by xmas? I mean, talk about a xmas present.

I never thought I’d say this but your schtick is getting old.

452. Wayne says:

Yeah, heard that too. It was about PK’s huge windup from the point which gives opponents time to block it or reposition for it. Carbo used Breezer quick snapshot as an example PK should try (or use) instead (I think).

453. habs001 says:

when you have 7 forwards in the line up that have 13 goals combined you will have many games like this …as mentioned many times as long as we make the playoffs it makes no difference where we finish,,,

I disagree. Since the Conference format was introduced only one team that wasn’t top 5 won the Cup, the 8th place over-all Penguins. The higher the Habs finish in the standings the better. Squeeking in and hoping for the best is not enough.

I am not including the 1995 Devils as that season was shortened, nevertheless they were 9th over-all.

455. habs001 says:

because of the lack of scoring talent we have we struggle vs teams like nashville,leafs…we match up better vs caps,pitts

It’s not becuase of lack of scoring talent… it’s because of lack of physical play by the top 6.

457. Fred D says:

Unfortunately a rather predictable game. If we have to lose, better tonight than against Philly the other night.

Hopefully this will deflate a few heads and get skates back down to earth—uh  ice, for Saturday.

Bright spot was Lars Eller. When he starts scoring, he will be a big favorite. I thought Benoit Pouliot had a few good shots; too bad they didn’t go in, but then nothing did tonight. Example: The shot that went through Rinne’s pads and trickled off to one side. That could have changed the complexion of the game, had it “trickled straight” into his net.

We had “gift goal” potential on numerous occasions and never “netted the fish”

Montreal continues to be the “team to beat” and the opposition is usually “up” for the Canadiens, necessitating a little extra motivation from our guys.

Good stuff Fred. This post is what a Habs fan is being about.

Trolls take notes!!!!

459. jbroderi says:

check out http://www.hockeybuzz.com

I guess we’re getting MAB again!!  what a joke that eklund douche is!

Weber is the right idea for now.  He liekly can do at least as well as MAB in the d zone, and with a little confidence, I think he’ll put quite a few pucks in the net on the pp.  Hard to justify taking Picard out of the line up at this stage, though.

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

460. sholi2000.com says:

Every time you click that site, he makes money.  It’s your time, use it wisely :)

They Call Me Shane

461. Keith says:

Computer acting up.Don’t know if I can get CJAD, it won’t load.

Maybe yell at it a little.

463. HabsMitch says:

Nashville looks pretty good out there. Solid shut down team.

464. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

If SK gets on the scoresheet for anything but a dumb penalty, I will be very very upset.

you know he will be trying very hard

466. habguy says:

we all know habs always lose to tight checking teams.

passing is awful, not sharp, didn’t show up for this game.

tonight they look alot like last year’s team.

467. coachdoug says:

I actually don’t mind Benoit…I dropped my Center Ice last year to bootleg RDS through my computer since Center Ice always had the opposing team feed…

468. WarHero says:

Make that 5 – 4 Philly … 9 goals!!

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Live Blog & HockeyBuzz

Now, THAT’s respect. Respek!

470. icemachine says:

Did SK arrange to get the Habs skates filled with cement and the sticks weighted?

471. Hagar says:

I definitely think Stamko is gonna be worth every penny of 9 per playing for TB

472. andrewberkshire says:

Someone NOT named Stamkos actually scores for Tampa, 8-7.

473. habguy says:

it’s 1 thing to lose to a good team, but Nashville?

habs showing their true color tonight.

474. HotHabs says:

Just joining HIO now, but been watching the whole game.

Thoughts:

- Price show in the 1st

- Rinne show in the 2nd

-Habs forcing plays – lots of deflections and missed passes, but credit to Preds for pressure

-Subban is great, but could he take any more time winding up for a shot???  Could go for a Tim’s before that release!

- I like Picard.  Quietly holding the fort & watching the back door.

475. habs001 says:

2 more pp goals for leafs..we better be ready to kill 8 pp

It’s now 8-7 in favour of the TBL.

477. Hagar says:

Losing 3-1 to the Leafs. Jersey’s season is over.

And to think that Richards was part of team Canada while Stamkos wasn’t.

479. Matt_in_TO says:

Not a lot of respect being shown to the goalies in Philly tonight

480. 21BIGGionta says:

Yikes. Why is everyone giving up? a. it’s not over b. we’re not gonna win them all c. there will be off nights. and D. Chill Out.

481. coachdoug says:

Devils making the Laffs look good…

So Shelly pots a goal in the Flyers/Bolts scorefest…

482. Bill says:

Habs are ripe for a let-down game, this could be it. Still another period, though, and it if they can get in gear … they don’t want to lose at home to a crap team like this. How about Cammalleri ties it up and PK ftw!

Full Breezer 4 Life

Jersey’s done for the duration of that Kovulchuck contract.

484. Matt_in_TO says:

and yet Brodeur will shut us out

485. Wayne says:

On the contrary – false colour… ‘cmon, they were “lights out” last week and to me, that was the real deal. Game’s not over but if they lose, I’ll admit if they mail this one in ’cause they ARE kinda suckin right now.

Cammalleri is having a terrible game so perhaps it would be logical that he ties it up. See the logic?

487. PrimeTime says:

Jersey is a Mickey Mouse club

Preds have shut out the Habs for the last 5 periods.

489. linp says:

Eller passes to Moen. You know it is a waste.

490. andrewberkshire says:

Imagine if Eller had a couple linemates who could score. He’s created tons of chances tonight.

491. CharlottetownHabbies says:

My fantasy team woudl appreciate that box score.

OMG Gomez is useless.

493. coachdoug says:

Habs must be Swedes…got no Finnish…

How are we missing these open nets???

494. Wayne says:

Gotta admit, great coverage on Gomes there…

495. SUMO says:

That Gomez line gives me an ulcer.

496. JIMVINNY says:

Gomez misfires on another open net.

497. twilighthours says:

Does Cammalleri ever win a battle for the puck?  Not this season, it seems.

498. JIMVINNY says:

For such a tough little runt,  Tootoo goes down pretty easy.

499. HOGGIE says:

did i just see Georges make a save with his face?

Must be very challenging to cover Gomer.

501. JIMVINNY says:

Ryder+.  That’s all he is.

502. twilighthours says:

When I hear “Fransen” I think  “Johan Franzen.”  When I think  “Johan Franzen” I then think “Ryan O’Byrne falling down, getting walked around, and a goal.”

503. Chuck says:

To be fair, his stick was checked.

504. andrewberkshire says:

That’s a little bit ridiculous to say after a 13 goal playoffs.

Don’t bother with this troll.

HI/O member for: 3 hours 26 min

506. JIMVINNY says:

In terms of ability, it’s totally accurate.  He doesn’t carry the puck well, he sucks in the defensive zone, can’t play the PK, but has an unbelievable shot.  He’s essentially a better version of Ryder.  The epitome of one-dimensional.

507. andrewberkshire says:

Disagree completely, when he’s on his game he carries the puck fine. As for defensive play, not many snipers on the wing are defensive stalwarts.

508. Danno says:

Pyatt can’t buy it

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

509. ooder says:

man imagine if Eller played with guys who can score..

for sure he would have more then 1 point by now

——————

88 is the new 23

First he needs to learn to show some respect.

511. geo_habsgo says:

lol is it you who says this every game? maybe it’s just deja vu but I feel like i’ve read this many times before.

I do agree with you though. He’ll get his chance.

512. Shiloh says:

Two clear penalties not called – AK46 held and Moen hooked.

Never say never.

514. HabFab says:

HH, you may need to bring the tank out just to blow away the MAB / Breezer crowd.

515. habsruleworld says:

Eller is really making a strong impression tonight, I find he is having a great game thus far,

BoBo in Philly is getting lit up, 4 goals on seven shots, ouch,

516. WarHero says:

haha, feel bad for the goalies though.

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Live Blog & HockeyBuzz

517. GrimJim says:

I think Boone just nicknamed AKost: The Belarusian Bayonet

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline-plan wrapped helically around an axis?

518. ooder says:

heh no i just htink it’s a recurring theme.. eller makes a sick play to pyatt who can’t shoot for sh!t

——————

88 is the new 23

519. Shiloh says:

After Antechambre RDS had MAB on for a 10-15 minute spot the other night – sitting in a diner with what looked like onion rings on the table. Le P’tit Tigre was pushing hard for him as well. Besides the fact that he may be the worst defenseman ever, I worry about my friend Timo’s well-being should MAB don les tricouleurs once more.

What are you talking about? I am already planning MAB Welcome Back party at my house. Everyone (except  Boone) is invited.

521. avatar_58 says:

WHY is an irrelevant ex-1 year hab on RDS? Are they really that retarded with french players?

522. doug19 says:

Good idea bulking up with onion rings! They give you super human strength along the boards in the defensive zone!

523. doug19 says:

Good idea bulking up with onion rings! It also really adds to your speed so as not to be caught up ice on the PP when the short handed team breaks out past you!

524. Aerobiz says:

I’m gonna start makin’ T-shirts with the words “Chill-out” on the front and the number 31 on the back.

Gonna make a mint!

525. HabsProf says:

I posted this earlier on another story, but I like this so much I had to post it again.  As one other commenter (Johhny_D) said, this should be filed under the “it’s funny ’cause it’s true” category.

Barry Melrose on Carey Price:  “… and he’s playing in the most
    pressure packed place in the NHL.  And you could say Toronto is more
    pressure packed…  Toronto’s not more pressure packed because Toronto
    doesn’t win.  Montreal wins and they make the playoffs.”

Suddenly, my heart warms to Melrose.

Here’s the link.  He says this at about 1:00.

_____________________________________

They brought their f____ing toys with them!

526. Hockey Socks says:

Spacek looks like my mechanic.

527. SUMO says:

Gorges what a warrior.

528. J.J. of Turku says:

I think I need booze to watch this…

529. Hockey Socks says:

shutout

530. PrimeTime says:

They are playing textbook D against our #1

531. JIMVINNY says:

Price is playing amazing, but the D men are sure helping him out when he’s out of position.  Granted, it’s their fault he has to make all these amazing saves, so they kind of owe him.

532. andrewberkshire says:

Unbelievable what isn’t being called on Nashville right now.

533. C3P1 says:

aaaaand were back

534. linp says:

Subban needs to practise his shots.

535. ooder says:

ok.. who is the one who said that other then the penalty sheet he doens’t want to see sk on the scoreboard lol

——————

88 is the new 23

536. JIMVINNY says:

Eller got hooked, no call.

537. habs001 says:

i agree we dont want to squeek in but because the type of club we are …solid goaltending,solid pk, we give up low amount of goals but usually score 3 or less a game …who ever we play it will be a close series…right now we can beat any team in a playoff series but we can also lose to any team in the playoffs…we are still 2 years away from being a real elite team…

538. SeriousFan09 says:

The goalies in the SJS-DAL game know Subban is taking slapshots.

539. CharlottetownHabbies says:

That looked familiar eh?

540. HFX-HabFan says:

It’s not saying a lot for this particular game, but I’d have to say that Eller has been our most dangerous forward.

541. punkster says:

Someone has to teach PK how to shoot without the massive windup.

542. SUMO says:

Eller is everywhere. The points will come. He has to use his wingers better.

543. J.J. of Turku says:

Has P.K. still his stick up in the air?

544. joeybarrie says:

Just not going our way…….

545. punkster says:

Damn, he had him beat.

546. RJB says:

Pekka F. Rinne

– Bilbo Baggins

547. showey47 says:

I think he needs wingers who can chip in the odd goal.

548. punkster says:

Ouch…ugly.

549. andrewberkshire says:

Ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

550. Wayne says:

Spatch asleep AGAIN

551. Bill says:

Well that sucks.

Full Breezer 4 Life

552. JIMVINNY says:

WTF is going on?

553. joeybarrie says:

JUST PLAIN CRAP. Unlucky.

554. Hockey Socks says:

Hamrlik having a very forgettable game.

555. habsfaninboston says:

It’s just not our night.

556. showey47 says:

hey,review that

557. SeriousFan09 says:

Okay, it’s officially a repeat of last November’s Preds-Habs game.

558. t1tan5 says:

As good as Spacek and Hammer have been recently, they have been as brutal tonight.

559. C3P1 says:

jesus

560. Chuck says:

What was Spacek doing there… besides checking his man, I mean?

561. Bill says:

I am so confused by the review rules.

Full Breezer 4 Life

562. christophurrr says:

kick!

563. Matt_in_TO says:

Looks like it’ll count

564. twilighthours says:

No need for review. Incidental contact on the skate.

565. andrewberkshire says:

That’ll be called a goal, but the kicking motion is as distinct as Halpern’s that was denied last week.

566. SeriousFan09 says:

Hence the crisis without Markov, those two are getting worn out with the heavy minutes and tough assignments.

567. andrewberkshire says:

NOBODY understands that rule. You can have goals that are clear soccer kicks that are ruled fine like Bissonnette got against the Habs last year, because there was no “intent” to kick, even though nothing about intent is in the rule book.

There’s no comparison. Halpern tried to kick the puck to his stick, he just missed tapping it in. In this case the Pred player was putting on the breaks. No kicking motion. Goal is good.

569. JIMVINNY says:

LOL.  Sergei’s first impact in the game is putting him team on the PK.

570. Shiloh says:

Campbell will love that call. Five clear penalties not called – then SK, a guy the league has to hate, gets called for an iffy one.

Pierre Houde has a problem with the basic math – “it’s double the shots for the Predators, 8 vs 6″ :)

572. PrimeTime says:

Great goaltending at both ends of the ice

573. CharlottetownHabbies says:

Off topic, but why is Terry Crisp still wearing a poppy?

574. JIMVINNY says:

Some people wear them year round.  My dad does, in honor of his father.

575. J.J. of Turku says:

WHY? What was hmrlk doing?

576. Habbu says:

I think he stepped on his own skate and went for a little spin in the corner………….looked like something out of Ice Capades

577. coachdoug says:

Kicking motion…no goal

578. Wayne says:

Kicked it… betcha’s all. No goal.

579. JIMVINNY says:

This could come back. His leg definitely comes toward the net.

580. Bill says:

I thought it was ‘directed in’ now, not ‘kicking motion’??

Full Breezer 4 Life

581. Da Hema says:

Why do the Habs always seem to let these mediocre southern US teams come to the Bell Centre and win?

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

582. t1tan5 says:

There wasn’t enough evidence to conclusively prove it was a clear kicking motion. I’m not surprised the goal stood.

583. HabFanSince72 says:

Hamrlik and Spacek again.

Marky better come back soon.

584. Hockey Socks says:

Can’t give up now! This is where character has to pull through.

585. andrewberkshire says:

What a stinker of a game. It was bound to happen but seriously, what a stinker of a game.

586. CharlottetownHabbies says:

Didn’t realize that, always thought we were supposed to take them off at the service.