Go Canucks!

4840435

Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images

Stop me if you’ve heard this before:
Nathan Horton scores to win Game 7.

Let’s be honest: The better team won.

And maybe that will be the case in the final.

•  •  •

Faceoffs were 35-26 Boston.

The team with the faceoff edge won every game of the series.

•  •  •

Anyone remember a playoff game with no penalties?

That dooomed the Lightning, because Boston was the better 5-on-5 team.

•  • •

Hey, props to Horton.

Came back from a big hit and an injury.

Sweet pass by Krejci, who was brilliant in this series.

I stand corrected, but Toronto just picked up an additional 2nd rounder from Boston due to the fact that the Bruins are in the final.

• otter649 says:

And The Leafs 1st rounder from Boston also dropped again to 29 or 30

• 24 Cups says:

Well said.

Kessel, Colborne, a 29/30th pick and a 59/60th pick

for:

Seguin, Kaberle (UFA) and a 9th pick.

If Boston grabs Murphy or Hamilton, they still win the overall deal although Burke really cleaned their clock on the Kaberle transaction.

• Jan_pronounced_Yan says:

It certainly seems like Burke got a lot for Kaberle, but it depends on who Burke picks in the draft. If he picks a couple of future plugs, then it’s not so bad a deal for Boston. Also, I’m not convinced Colborne is anything special.

• HardHabits says:

Kaberle had a very good game for the Bruins tonight and has been getting better as each series has progressed. He’s not a liability any more, that’s for sure.

• Duracell3 says:

He got market value, he was done in Toronto so getting about what was fair is fine from their POV.

• issie74 says:

HH It was about time Kaberle had a decent game,fans have been all over him and in his defense he has not been used to having to play in this type of pressure cooker environment. He has been brutal up to last night

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ya, Burke’s awesome. Let me know when his current team actually makes the playoffs.

2. mike3131 says:

Check this out…
    Vancouver beat Chicago in 7
    Vancouver beat Nashville in 6
    Vancouver beat San Jose in 5
    Can Vancouver beat Boston in 4?

GO ‘NUCKS!!!

3. HabFarmer says:

So retromikey why exactly should I cheer for an original 6? I mean it’s kind of counter intuitive. The longer you hate a team the harder it is to cheer for them for little more reason than “just because”. I dislike Boston, always have, always will.

Don’t like the Nucks either, but they’re at least not entirely despicable. And now back to the wine…… .

4. Curtis O Habs says:

Cam Neely looks like he has been eating well.

5. hansolo says:

Classy post-game interview by Boucher. Respectful of his opponent — too much so for me — but a classy, classy, guy.

6. Say Ash says:

By my math, Habs are no worse than the league’s fourth-best team and maybe the second-best. Same goes for Chicago. Of course, I’ve been into the Lagavulin since the first period…

• habs001 says:

talent wise the habs are not even a top 10 team in the nhl…

• 24 Cups says:

AS – We can rationalize all we want, but the facts state that the Habs didn’t make the top eight this year in terms of the playoffs. Splitting the difference, you could say we’re around 12th.

• LA Loyalist says:

Lagavulin is serious. Yikes! Try it with some shortbread cookies if you have any around. You’ll be surprised how nice it is.

Unfortunately, we are not 4th best, though we have a better goalie than either of the finalists. We need two more years of building and cutting out the bad parts and building a winning, disciplined culture that shows up regularly. We’re not that far out, but we are missing some serious bits.

7. _Habsoloutly_ says:

I hope Raffi Torres takes out as many Bruins scumbags as he can.

8. nova scotia vees says:

The Bruins are the cleanest team in the league..YEAH RIGHT.
    The fix is so in. Chara used his forearm to knock people flying…tackles in front of the Bruin net…and yet…not a call.
    And, I tape all games and check replays…so guess what. 3 times after the Bruins goal, Tampa called off-side. One was a dangerous rush with Vinny and the other key one was when they tried to shoot it in to get the goalie out. My replay showed clearley that they weren’t even close to being off-side. I have said it before and I’ll say it again. The easiest way to fix a game is with the linesmen. Throw people out of the face-off, etc.,etc.
    Even Cherry is griping about the face-offs. Go Vancouver

9. Boucher really coached an awful game.

10. hansolo says:

Well I would grant the better team won if Horton (for his water bottle antics) and the end-of-game gooning we saw after games 1 and 6, had suffered consequences of some sort — but they didn’t. Yes, Boston is a tough team (except for Krejci and Marchand, more workmanlike than artistic) and will give a good account of themselves. But I hope Higgins, Lappy (yes, Lappy), Burrows and Kesler get under their skin, that Bieksa gives as good or better than he gets, that the Sedins have room to move and that Luongo never has to stand on his head. I hope the Canucks do us all proud and bring the Cup home. Like Habsoloutly, I will also puke if I see Lurch, Lucy and Horton skating around the ice with Cup in hand.

11. OneTimer says:

So let me get this straight…

The best 5-on-5 team in the league gets the first playoff game with no penalties in 21 years? I wonder who that could’ve benefitted!

F the Bruins!

Signed,

the world’s biggest Vancouver fan (for the next little while)

12. HNS says:

Hopefully Canucks will capitalize on their PP’s before the officials decide to hide their whistles up their arse. That was joke considering the way officiating is in the NEW NHL. Bettman eats it.

13. Keith says:

Looks like the CBC is rooting for the gooins. BIG shocker!

14. JayBee says:

Called the TT shutout

15. RetroMikey says:

Yeah baby as Dick Vitale would say!!
    2 ex-Habs coaches in the final.
    The Cinderella season is over for Boucher and TampaBay.
    Gotta root for Boston, an Eastern Conference team than a Western team.
    After all, it would be nice to see an original 6 team win it all.
    Let’s go Bruins!

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

• Tony McLean says:

Bruins suck. Go Canucks!

“Rebuilding since 1979.”

• SeriousFan09 says:

Bruins are a group of classless savages who put Cambell’s son on their team to fix the officiating and discipline for them. Their captain broke our player’s neck with malice and blamed him for it, than claimed he had no idea who was on the ice (like Norris Defencemen are prone to doing, forgetting who they’re matched against). They accuse our players of dragging the game under the ground while Marchand dives like an Olympic swimmer and aim for the heads of other players. Their goons pick fights with non-fighters to prove they’re ‘tough’. There is nothing about that team that is respectable.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
      SF09 on Twitter

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

amen

• mike3131 says:

Please post that on NESN or Bostonherald.com once they lose to the Canucks in 4 games…

• RetroMikey says:

Same old, same old comments are starting to bore the hell out of me and others.
        I bet you would love to have a Chara or Lucic on our team, who wouldn’t?
        Face it, we need more players like them on our team and perhaps we could be sipping the Dom Perignon and not Boston!

“We will win the Cup one day only with ? in the nets “

• mike3131 says:

Lucic scored a grand total of 3 goals through 3 rounds of the playoffs… 2 were in the same game. So no I wouldn’t want him on my team. Besides, if Gregory Campbell wasn’t on my team, Lucic would be suspended for most of the playoffs, anyway.
          I would never blame a loss on the reffs or officiating, but there are obviously politics involved with how Boston gets away with everything. If Gregory wants a Stanley Cup, Daddy will do what he can.

• SeriousFan09 says:

No I would not, a bully or a punk is a bully or a punk in my eyes. It doesn’t change when they put on a different jersey, the idea of Lucic SOILING the CH by wearing it disgusts me.

And my comments are boring? At least I’m more invested than MTL than the Bulldogs. Every call you made this year about a prospect being ready was wrong. You just talk about how the team is doomed and we should want to be like a bunch of classless punks.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
          SF09 on Twitter

• ari says:

are you really serious? you dont want lucic on your team.

• HardHabits says:

You have great knowledge, debate very well and provide astounding information on up and coming Habs prospects but you’re a bit over board vis-a-vis Boston. Take away their thuggery and they’re a very good team. They also look like they’re going to be very good for a few years. They are our adversaries but remember this in hockey, teams shake hands when all is said and done. What plays on the ice stays on the ice.

Boston has put together a great run and have built a solid team. The road to the Cup passes through them. Like it or not.

I have a lot of admiration for that team, as much as I love it when the Habs beat them.

• mike3131 says:

Lucic is a coward… plain and simple. Even Don Cherry admits it… ON NESN!!!

• LA Loyalist says:

Ah, no. If we had a thug like Lucy or Chara or Marchand I would be mortified. The problem is we have a tradition of excellence. Ruins have a standard of thuggin’…

• drivefor25 says:

Traitor!

Fan since ’71

16. vera says:

WHY OH WHY CAN I NOT POST MY COMMENTS……………2 MO> NOW

17. arrow says:

Horton hears a Hoo again! Lucky guy!
    I felt bad for Rollie the Goalie!
    Can’t wait for Vancouver to sweep the BRUINS!

Go Canucks Go!

PK

18. zozotheclown says:

I’m actually rather impressed with Julien, so close to getting fired for a round 1 exit, and now the Bruins are 4 wins away from the Stanley Cup. He gets a lot of flak, on this site especially, but he had his guys ready for game 7, and they devoured the 1-3-1. Not that Boucher didn’t do a great job, but it was ALL Boston today.

Kudos to Burke for helping build this team, without Seguin they lose game 3 and are probably out by now.

On the bright side, I think Bos/Van will be a much better series, they just match up better, considering the depth on both teams. I figure Kesler would have destroyed the TB first line leaving Vinny to chase the Sedins all night, at least this way, the match up game is a little less obvious and more fun.

Go Nucks Go

19. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Tim Thomas reminds me of the Zach Galifianakis character from the hangover.

20. hansolo says:

“And a francophone coach”

Not to mention a former Montreal Canadiens coach..

Mr. Boone, will you be live-blogging the Finals?

21. JohnBellyful says:

The nightmare continues …
    And as if we need further proof, the 1-3-1-GOALIE PLAYS LIGHTS OUT stratagem has its limits: generates little offence and doesn’t prevent team from coughing up the puck repeatedly in its own end. Another lesson: winning face-offs is kinda important.
    I just hope Vancouver’s ex-Hab content is better than Bruins ex-hab content, and enough to tip the scales in the Canucks’ favour.

22. t1tan5 says:

Back to back years teams I hate make the Finals out of the East. Hopefully back to back years teams I hate lose in the finals as well!

23. 24moreCups says:

I wanted Tampa to win the series, but I think Boston, Vancouver will be more fun to watch.

GO CANUCKS GO!

24. Keith says:

Good, i hope that curses them. Curse, curse, CURSE!

25. CHsam says:

How was that icing at the end? looked to me like the dump happened after centre .. WTF of course to be expected.

26. HabFarmer says:

So Boston tries to steal Deetroit’s mojo with a Journey song?

Typical.

“No, I see. The monkey’s out of the bottle now!”

27. issie74 says:

Nightmares in technicolor tonight.

28. Mark C says:

Tampa didn’t seem ready for that situation, thought they were so well coached.

• saskhabfan says:

That’s what we heard all season from the boucher supporters. How apparently they always motivated,even though they were outshot in about 80% of their games in the playoffs and mainly relied on poweplays to win games. I wanted tampa to win,but they didn’t deserve to win. They should have lost in the first round to pittsburg who outplayed them for 6 of the 7 games.

29. Maksimir says:

Two words: F**k Boston.

30. Duracell3 says:

Watching MaB defend an empty net at the end, the memories all too vivid.

31. t1tan5 says:

I feel sick.

32. Keith says:

F.U. gooins! You’re going to lose to the Canucks!

33. SeriousFan09 says:

And the filth move on.

It must be nice to have Campbell’s brat on your team so favourable calls (or no calls at all) buy you playoff wins.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.
    SF09 on Twitter

• hansolo says:

I hope the odds even out at last and that the better team (Vancouver) does win in the Finals

• HardHabits says:

Sour grapes. You are more tiring with your Campbell’s conspiracy theories than I have been with tanking and size and grit.

Take a step back. Breath deep. Sigh. Focus.

That was a clean game. Not one penalty and deservedly so.

34. HNS says:

This site goes down easier than the Kardashian sisters.

35. sidhu says:

The irony, the guy that should be suspended by the league scores Boston’s goal.

What a joke of a league

36. king ddd says:

so reffs havent called penalty on both teams, so we would think they are being fair. but are they.? even if bruins get a pp they suck at it . and they are better 5 on 5. tb thrives on PP but they havent had one although they shouldve got like 5 PP’s

• slychard says:

bruin player can high stick a bolt players facw
      e in half no call would be made

Although wide open and fixed to a point the eyes did not register…

• slychard says:

Campbell NHL office directive.
      Bruins can’t score on the PP. Bolts score at will on PP. Don’t call any penalties during the game. Give them (them being US the fans) the illusion refs are letting them play. Bruins play (quasi better) 5 on 5 so at some point my son’s team should score a goal . Yes nepotisom works. Long hail bull.
      Although wide open and fixed to a point the eyes did not register…

37. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Guess I’m rooting for the Nucks to win the cup. Cuz if I have to watch the scumbags on Boston pass around the cup I’ll puke.

38. Keith says:

Pull the goalie soon!

39. Sal says:

Tampa hasn’t really threatened anything significant. So I don’t like their chances. Hate Broons!!!! SHIT!!!!

Sal from the Hammer

40. MikeMcLaren says:

Horton should be suspended, not scoring potentially series winning goals in Game 7.

Throw a water bottle at a fan, you’re suspended… unless you play for Boston, i guess.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

41. Maksimir says:

Why must the Hockey Gods torture me so and heap favour upon the Infidel Bruins?

42. 4m3y2j says:

OH PERFECT-

BOONE’I’M AFRAID IT IS OVER’

DOES YOUR PESSIMISM HAVE NO MERCY?

43. saskhabfan says:

Boston walked right through boucher’s 1-3-1 and scored. Brutal.

44. Mark C says:

The 1-3-1 feels the pain. What will Guy the Great do now?

45. slychard says:

Although wide open and fixed to a point the eyes did not register…

46. hansolo says:

Julien looks apoplectic..don’t want him to have a stroke

47. nek25plus says:

These two teams suck…I feel cheated and exasperated!

48. hansolo says:

As much of a weasel as he is, I grudgingly have to admit Marchand can play

49. Keith says:

Go Seadogs Go!!!

50. saskhabfan says:

What is boucher’s in game adjustment? Make bigger eyes? He better do something pretty quick.His team has looked awful most of the night,especially on defence.

51. Keith says:

Like I said earlier. This game could go on for a while.

52. thorandresson says:

silly Boston fans chanting “we want the cup”, even if they win tonight, no way they get past Vancouver

53. punkster says:

Just back from the movies. Looks like a good one here.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

54. JayBee says:

Tampa playing like they have the lead.

55. HabFanSince72 says:

Nucks must be cheering for Tampa to steal it.

56. slychard says:

Marchand looks like a ferrett. Hate the guy. If I were a hab I’d smash his face even if off the rink. Dweeb looking and dweeb sounding. Yeah to see PK nail him was gratifying but to hear his weasel like response to that hit made me realize he is a smarmy coward hiding behind the NHL ( or the NBL National Bruins League) office. Someone blogged earlier we as hab fans might b sensitive to the Campbell situation because when his son played in Florida nothing like this season happened but let’s face it he had no chance to win in fla. I’m rambling. Nepotism. Remove it all from the game

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ya, but that’s a falsehood. It is a documented fact that Cambell was sending emails to refs about his son when his son played for the Panthers. Thats just an excuse that misinformed folk bring up in some half-assed way to defend Colin Cambell.

57. issie74 says:

That was my thought when I saw him receiving the Order of Canada.

58. RiverviewCanadien says:

Hedman, St. Louis, Stamkos, Lecavalier…great hockey players.

Franchise players.

59. habsfan0 says:

I think Boone is doing his Bob Cole impression tonite: “Bruins @ Lightning?”

60. habsfan0 says:

Roloson is in a zone for Game 7..unlike Carey Price

61. hansolo says:

“MAB is awful, eh?”

I guess the Goat does know a thing or two?

62. thorandresson says:

gonna miss Bob Cole

63. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Rolie the goalie is earning his pension tonight.

64. habsfan0 says:

I wonder who Jacques Martin is pulling for tonight?

65. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Everytime I see Marchands douchebag face I remember the night PK demolished him. Thank you PK.

66. habs001 says:

tampa looks like the habs today…losing draws ,out muscled , …minimal scoring chances…

67. JD_ says:

Thank god for Bob’s explanation of that play.

Like a beacon, a veritable lighthouse for all of us navigatin’ the stormy seas of the obvious.

68. slychard says:

Wait for a close game 3rd period b4 the NHL officials led by daddy Campbell start tilting the game on bruins way

69. hansolo says:

Stamkos with his nose busted dives to block a shot…can’t see Gomez doing that

70. _Habsoloutly_ says:

If not for Thomas the Bolts would be up 2-0 by now. Boston has major problems with speedy transition teams (like Montreal). If Boston does make it the Nucks’ will destroy them.

71. hansolo says:

With Stamkos out, gotta bad feeling about this…reminds me too much of Habs and their injuries. Hope he can come back.

OK, he’s back. Tough kid. Mr. Boone, is it time for the reverse jinx?

72. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Ouch. Hope the kid can come back.