Who else!

AK46

ON FIRE!!!

1. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Could be a three-way deal in the works.

2. byrneoNL says:

Halak was gone anyways. Habs couldn’t afford the contract and still fill other roster spots, and be under the cap. So in a sense, we got something for nothing. Even if it’s only a little something.   If the team didn’t have Price waiting in the wind, then I guess yeah they would have splurged on Halak.  But 4 mill a season I don’t think was going to be on the table no matter what. I could be wrong. If anything, I blame the Gomez and Hamerlik contracts on our inability to keep Jaro :)

Go Habs Go

3. C3P1 says:

@Boone and SF, one of my buddies who works for NESN tells me leafs are indeed primary trade talk partner for wheeler.

4. jbroderi says:

any game between the leafs and panthers!  haha

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

5. _Habsoloutly_ says:

PG could be shopping some bait around and seeing if anyone nibbles.

6. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Yes there’s usually a couple scouts in the stand’s for an NHL game,  not 13 including a teams GM.   Or maybe they all decided to meet in Montreal for lunch?

7. punkster says:

You’ll be able to count the number of listeners on the paw of a three-toed sloth.

8. thirdstone says:

I’m sure most of the scouts are there to see Phoenix.

9. SeriousFan09 says:

Wheeler to Toronto? Hey anything to make Phil Kessel happy I guess, still Wheeler’s the softest 6’5″ player in the game, can’t see TrucuBurke wanting him. Although if he was Russian and you examined his history, he’d be named a public enemy.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

10. punkster says:

Name a single NHL game that does not have a plethora of scouts in the stands?

11. C3P1 says:

This is a huge game for our confidence.  The coyotes are no pushover, they don’t screw around/  and Jovanovski scares me. he may be old but he can still bring it on the pp and piss people off with the best of them.  big one tonight

12. jbroderi says:

ANYBODY WANT A PEANUT??

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

13. punkster says:

And I guess I should modify my comment a bit. Physical play is important and this team doesn’t yet match up with others when it comes to that. However, playing smart and utilizing out speed and skill can go a long way in equalizing the balance. We do need more muscle and I am disappointed in OB as well as with the weak perimeter play of a few of the wingers. Maybe a trade would resolve this because we clearly do not have these types of players on Hamilton, do we?

14. byrneoNL says:

I thought we were talking about the HIO summit at Le Manoir (pictured in my avatar). I wouldn’t trash anyone’s car unless it had a Leafs emblem on it. We Newfies are more civil than that you know.

Go Habs Go

15. Keith says:

Alright Habs, lets grind those dirty coyotes to a pulp! GO HABS GO!!!

16. Rugger says:

I do not think that word means what you think it means

17. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Hmmm,  I wonder who PG is shopping around to have all those scouts.  Could be a trade a brewin.

18. Puck Bard says:

While I admire the Photoshop, Princess Bride is a very, very, VERY unfunny movie. IMHO

19. sidhu says:

Is Pyatt being showcased because he’s on the second line?  (Trying desparately to get the rumor mill going)

20. yathehabsrule says:

Coyotes aren’t that much better, but at least the Habs PK leads the league.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

21. JIMVINNY says:

Gotta put the lisp in, man.

“inconthieveable!”

22. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Man, really gotta work on that PP

1 for 24? 4.2% success rate? ouch. I know it balances out with a no.1 ranked PK unit but we need to score a lot more. Here’s to hope that the will Habs convert on their PP chances today.

23. yathehabsrule says:

Inconceivable!

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

24. yathehabsrule says:

If attendance isn’t an indication, how bad is it for the NHL in Phoenix when tonight’s Coyotes radio broadcast is on tape dealy, due to Monday Night Football?

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

25. yathehabsrule says:

Well said, sir.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

26. JIMVINNY says:

I’d do it to. Kovy, Gio, with Eller? I’d love that as a second line.

byrneoNL —Were you the one burning the cop cars in Toronto at the July Summit in Toronto.??

28. scrowe21 says:

Lol people were giving me shit and for some reason my post got deleted when I suggested Gomez+Prospects (Weber&Maxwell) +a couple draft picks for Kopitar,….but somehow Gomez and one pick for Kovalchuk is realistic? I dont get it.

but to answer your question, Yes. Although id rather try to get a real and big second line center to fill his spot since thats what we would need.

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

Defence is near best in the league now Dave. Just have to find a way to put a few more puck into the twine, is all.

We will get there.

Timo! bring your rain coat to the Summit with you, so we recognise you at Hurleys.

I can see the headlines now! Calgary,s own rides into town.!

Just having fun with you.!

31. byrneoNL says:

Is there going to be another summit? I had a great time at the one in July.  Too bad everyone went home so early.

But I guess for the HIO staff, it was still a work night.

Go Habs Go

32. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Hahaha, great work Mr. Boone!

I just watched Princess Bride a few weeks ago.

‘My name is Inigo Montoya…you killed my father…prepare to die!’

33. jbroderi says:

I would do it.  I think kovalchuk would thrive in the montreal system more so than NJ.  At least we will try to create turnovers and use speed.  I it is a really tough one to chew on though, but when you look at cap hits, I’d take kovy  II over gomez, even tough I am a gomez fan!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

34. byrneoNL says:

So I’m watching TSN Alternate Channel here.. channel 1402. Whole lot of nothing. I guess it was too much to hope for a pregame show.

I’m assuming it’s going to be the RDS feed, but with english commentators. I suppose it’s still possible I’ll end up watching the game on RDS anyways heh.

35. Just A Guy says:

Agreed, the only thing most fans were excited about when Rivet went to the sharks was the 1st rounder. Georges wasn’t fully appreciated until he had a full season with the habs (other then the observation that he was quite like one of those punching dummies, easy to knock over but always gets back up). So lets give it a couple of seasons like you say, see how Eller AND Schultz are doing, From what I have understood, Schultz might be a great acquisition.

This is a good team we are playing tonight. Nice that Doan is out, but we better bring our A game. And have they practiced the PP this week.?? We just have to get it working soon. Markov is not going to be the saviour for the PP, but will help.

All we need is 1 pp goal a game improvement to put up a lot of points in the standings. This team is much better offensively than they have shown. We are already at the top of the league defensively, 5th place at the moment out of 30 teams.

37. punkster says:

Well this is not a physical team, wasn’t built to be a physical team and I doubt it will ever be a physical team. Not their style. Now, that may not be appealing to some but that’s the way it is. Kvetching and moaning about lack of physical play from this team is a waste of time. I don’t understand why people continue to believe that they must be bruisers, goons etc to be successful.

38. TheDagger says:

You mean it’s not a fair comparison to judge between a kid who has played 14 NHL games to a guy who has played 335 games? Well I’ll be damned.

39. jbroderi says:

kind of an apples oranges thing.  That could be asked in about 5 years, and then maybe it would warrant a discussion, but now is too premature to even think about it!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

40. nightmare_49 says:

… The refs for tonight’s Pyatt Brother Showdown are Rob Martell and Denis LaRue.

Works for the HIO crew most of the time, so why not him?

Sadly Benny has been one of the more physical players on the team. (Sadly because it IS sad when Benoit Pouliot is one of the more physical players on the team)

43. Rugger says:

Only if the direction of the first was reversed.  Then I might think about a 15 year anchor, but doubt I would do it.

44. Chuck says:

If I ever Double Down, please slap me. Then pump my stomach.

45. Harani says:

Just out of pure curiosity?

Would you do Gomez and a 1st round pick for Ilya Kovalchuk?

“It must be love!”

46. Chuck says:

Must be a slow day in BC if you’re already looking to stir the pot.

47. punkster says:

I vote Benny. For now. And if it doesn’t pan out after a half dozen games then, and only then, Eller. Then if that doesn’t work out we pray for an early strike.

48. Bill says:

Hoping to see Pouliot or Eller back on the Gomez-Gionta line: and stay there for a solid couple of weeks. They bring the size and skill that line so desperately needs.

49. Mike Boone says:

So you figure at this point that’s a valid comparison, eh?

50. punkster says:

In relative terms neither are a pimple on an elephant’s ass compared to the Patrick Roy trade. If yer gonna make trade comparisons make ‘em earth-shattering or go home.

51. Xtrahabsfan says:

So,WHO MADE THE WORST TRADE: a)  Doug  Wilson s trade involving Josh Gorges?

b) Gauthiers  trade  for Eller?

52. Rugger says:

I feel like I am reading the script to an insurance company ad.

Hope springs eternal in Phoenix (no word on whether Alexander Pope was a huge hockey fan or yearned to live in the sunbelt).

54. GrimJim says:

Can a Coyote suffer enochlophobia?

Can a werewolf live in a “No Pets” building?

55. Shiloh says:

Too bad the Coyotes are in such a dire spot – they’d do great in Winnipeg. Interesting how both Gretzky and Lemieux were supposed to end up getting a piece of ownership in lieu of salary owed. Lemieux eventually did alright but Gretzky is still owed 8 million – and they turfed him as coach to boot. should be a fast game – hope we score half a dozen.

Here is where we place this week in a 30 team league.

Goals Against—16,  We are in  5th place,   Last week we were in 19th place.

Total Points——9,  We are in 14th place,   Last week we were in  6th place.

Goals For——–17, We are in 26th place,   Last week we were in  11th place

Read Ian Cobb’s HI/O Blog

57. jbroderi says:

eller pots one tonight!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

58. Former Jets Fan says:

I think GG11 did a masterful job in combining Andre the Giant’s frizzy mop from the movie with AK’s signature bowl cut.  Her attention to detail is fantastic!

59. Former Jets Fan says:

Habs fans seemed to be the majority at Winnipeg Arena for Habs-Jets game back in the day too!  But when the home team’s playoff record consisted of more 3-1 series leads blown than 7 game series won (2-1) perhaps that’s not all that surprising.

I’m thinking Auld will get the second Islanders game.

60. jbroderi says:

The one thing we can all agree on with that hilarious picture is how much better AK46s hair looks!!!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

61. Cable Guy says:

Watch this video, friggin hilarious…….it has O’byrne and PK in it.

62. Chuck says:

A couple of seasons ago he was injured, not burnt out. Auld starts Friday, methinks.

63. sidhu says:

I lived in Phoenix and attended a Habs game there — there were hundreds, if not thousands, of us at the game.  I also attended a Wings-Coyotes game there, and the Wings fans seemed to outnumber the Coyotes fans 2-1.

That aside, I’m wondering when Alex Bald gets to start.  It’s wonderful Price is playing well, but we should know from a couple seasons ago that he can get burnt out/overplayed.

So GG line is still intact for tonight?

65. jbroderi says:

sounds like Eklund.  hahaha

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

66. punkster says:

Lunch hell. Peeler bars!

67. Xtrahabsfan says:

Tom,too be fair bro …if it was Price’s fault …you would say different?  :)

68. PrimeTime says:

blah blah blah

69. TomNickle says:

Yeah actually I would.  I was critical of him coming into the season.  The pre-season was very bad for him.  He let in a lot of goals that he should’ve stopped.

70. Wayne says:

Cute analogy but,.. Beslan is still a little fresh to me.

71. TomNickle says:

8 footer from the slot.

In this case I’m right, not in some cases.  In this one specifically James.

72. The_Salted_One says:

i was thinking the same thing. the kostitsyn of last season wouldn’t have been playing like that. he looks like a much better player so far this season.

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

73. TomNickle says:

And I should apologize.  I didn’t realize by that “Price was foul” you meant he put in a great effort.

Man you’re out of touch with reality.  When it comes to hockey anyway.

74. PrimeTime says:

Great hussle Turtleman!

75. Hockey Socks says:

Pleks is an absolute monster.

76. JIMVINNY says:

2nd time Pleks has made Whitney take a penalty while Phoenix is on the PP. Beautiful.

77. CBrady12 says:

Plekanec is one of the most complete players the canadiens have had in a looooong time

78. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

PLEKANEC!

WORTH EVERY PENNY!

79. SlovakHab says:

Pleks!!!

What a player, great hustle to draw another Whitney penalty!

80. Danno says:

Worth every penny that Pleky

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

81. CharlottetownHabbies says:

I don’t think that we’ve ever had our speed pay off this well in a long time, two games in a row….

82. Wayne says:

PLECKY is now officially a MaGuire Monster of the game so far.

83. Norm0770 says:

Worth every penny!

84. twilighthours says:

I sure hope there’s a plan for Eller.  Letting him languish on the 4th line hardly seems beneficial.

85. Hockey Socks says:

Subban has a bigger mouth than Lapierre.

86. hockeydoc says:

so many turnovers in the Canadiens defensive zone they could open a bakery.

87. JIMVINNY says:

Gio is starting to appear snakebit. Curse of the “C”.

88. Rudy says:

Is there anywhere I could find a video of the opening montage shown on the big screen at the Bell Center? I’ve heard it is so great, I’ve searched You Tube and can’t find anything. HELP!

“Start the season with a clean equipment bag and a freah bucket of febreze!”-CharlieHodgeFan

89. Wayne says:

Wow that Subban’s got some wheels, eh?

90. TomNickle says:

“Price pretty foul on that one”

James Toth, you either have a massive hate on for Price or know nothing about hockey.

When a player is alone in the slot with no coverage, they have 7, yeah 7 shooting options.

Blame the goalie on a goal where he was alone facing a pass into the slot against a shooter who has nobody covering him and all of the time in the world.

You need to become an avid golf fan if analysis is what you’re goal is.

Things moving too fast seem to confuse you.

91. Castor says:

It’s funny how, in that BELL commercial that Gomez shoots and scores. When does Gomez shoot and score?

92. punkster says:

Pyatt. Not ready for G&G.

G&G. Not ready for prime time.

93. habaholic68NJ says:

Why is Pyatt on the GG line>

94. JIMVINNY says:

Pleks got away with a big slash there.

95. avatar_58 says:

Is that Kostitsyn out there making good defensive plays and forechecking like a tank running over an orphanage?

96. JIMVINNY says:

Pleks HAS to shoot that. Andrei is going to net, and he had a lane.

And lepisto looked like he turned away at the last second there.

97. Hockey Socks says:

Nah, Moen wasn’t coming down that fast. He put his hands on Lepisto’s numbers and shoved him.

98. Wayne says:

Big black box in the middle of my stream,.. what’s with that.

99. habs001 says:

same story as last year…same handfull of forwards who score…the forwards who do not score are on the ice when the opposition scores or they take penalties…

100. ManApart says:

In some cases you would be right. In this case, Price was square, challenged, but went down and didn’t have his stick placed properly. The shot wasn’t a very good one and Price got about 40% of it, before it squeeked through the five hole. It sure wasn’t pretty if that’s what you are saying. Price threw his head back after the goal. He knew he should have had it.

BTW, I stated that Laps was also foul on the play, but you sensitive Priceboys only hear what you want to.

101. Wayne says:

It’s called the “law of averages”. It goes for any NHL team.

102. SlovakHab says:

Ok, he’s been living in Canada since 5 years old..

Give it back to the Swedes then.

103. ooder says:

have u heard samonov give an interview?

i was honestly surprised by how good his english is.. practically no accent

104. CharlottetownHabbies says:

He grew up in Toronto I think.  Bob Mackenzie talks about his kid playing against him in pee wee in his book.

105. Xtrahabsfan says:

SlovakHab ,I’m a huge CONSUMER OF THE BEERS in your area but haven’t had the one’s from Slovakia…what do you recommend? I’ve been drinking  Zatec and Czechvar and just love them …no hangover!

106. SlovakHab says:

Wolski’s interview – the best non-native speaker’s English in the league.

107. habs001 says:

a solid win… the majority of our games will be nail biters unless we get scoring beyond the usual suspects…as long as we make the playoffs thats fine …the position in the standings will mean very little for this team as who ever we play the games will be like tonight….keep up the pk and try to improve the pp…

108. habs001 says:

as i mentioned before as long as the habs make the playoffs does it really matter what postion they are in and who they play.. because we score 2-3 goals most games a playoff series vs any of the other 29 teams would be very close…to only team to avoid is the flyers…finishing  1 or 8 has very limited value in todays nhl

109. C3P1 says:

and we are afraid of the flyers…why?  dont they have a cardboard box in the net these days?  they have nowhere to go but down, they’re inconsistent, and pronger is getting old.  lost gagne, briere is about as solid as an eggshell.

110. habs001 says:

111. _Habsoloutly_ says:

The reason the Toronto scouts are there is because Burke sent them to Montreal to see what a real hockey team looks like.

112. Harani says:

Pleky man!! Just when you think that’s it’s just a hot start. He’s wheeling and dealing out there. Enormous speed! So happy we have him with us!

“It must be love!”

113. scrowe21 says:

Gionta needs to stop taking slap shots everytime he steps over the blue line…i swear 90% of his shots are slap shots from way out

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

114. linp says:

It seems that Gionta’s shot is missing some speed and is badly placed. Only Cammi and AK’s shot are deadly. Plek’s shots are well placed.

115. showey47 says:

I agree chuck,it was a totally stupid play 200 feet from your own net with so little time left in the period.

116. Chuck says:

I’m still annoyed that Moen’s brain cramp put them in a tough position for a win, but 2 points is 2 points, and at least it wasn’t a conference game!

117. ooder says:

and to think some people didn’t want to resign the mechanic…

ha

118. win4ce says:

Who’s the new guy on the RDS pannel?

119. Former Jets Fan says:

Marc Denis

120. Born in a Bad Year says:

Can someone explain all the love for Picard?  He has got to be the softest player on the ice. He averages one hit and one blocked shot per game.  He is the defence version of Latendress.  There is no offence, his only goal was a double deflection.  He gets pressured off the puck way too easily.  Someone was blaming Pouliot for missing the zone clearance on the goal but it was only still in the zone because Picard had not gotten it out early in the possession and when the goal was scored he was trying to look busy behind the net.

I got back from a business trip late Saturday and watched the game at midnight.  When it got to the end of the second period and the RDS guys were all about how he had relegated O’Byrne to eighth on the depth chart, I figured I was missing too much and went to bed.  I had the Saturday game PVR’d and went back and watched the whole game again to try to figure out what I was missing.  I watched Picard out of position a lot.  I watched him go offside on the weirdest rush.  I watched guys like Eller, Subban and Halpern clean up his messes.  I watched Price save him a couple of times when he was weak on coverage and let the opponents shoot at will.  There is a reason he spent 73 games on the bench last year on a team far weaker on defence than we are. Even his hit that was featured on NHL.com video from the Ottawa game was a total miss.

There are still people on this board that blame the penalty on Subban for one of our losses.  There was a goal against in each of the first two games that were directly Picard’s fault from his weak play.

I just don’t get it.

Nobody has hit anybody tonight.

122. linp says:

But he is still better than O’Byrne, who threw the puck out of the ring with no one around him and let someone stole the puck from behind.

123. Former Jets Fan says:

He just saved a goal there!  And he absolutely laid out Neil on Saturday – not bad for giving up 4 inches and 40 pounds

124. byrneoNL says:

Edit: Thumbs down for no Digital 5.1. It’s being broadcast in stereo.

Go Habs Go

125. SeriousFan09 says:

Bryzgalov’s pretty impressive, I always thought Canada-Russia would have been more of a fight had Bryz started the match and maybe made a couple huge saves earlier to push his team onwards.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

126. PrimeTime says:

Great observation.  JM had a good game too. Thanks for posting!

Eller was playing well tonight so JM rewarded him by giving him more ice time and put him out there in the last minutes and OT. Eller then rewarded JM. Good players respond to good coaching.

How about that goaltending duel?

128. punkster says:

Well if they’d ever give Auld a chance he’d show you all. Why does JM keep him on the bench with Fat Whale wallowing around out there and giving up softies and letting in glove side shots and acting immature and smoking and drinking and…blah, blah. blah.

Sorry HH, I had a bit of a flashback there. The 60s ya know. Comes back at ya once in a while.

129. CBrady12 says:

Carey Price 1st in the NHL in Wins…I thought the kid couldnt win?

130. Jbird says:

Isn’t that nice.

John

New Westminster, BC

131. MikeL says:

I think it might be at the moment. I called Shaw and some d**chebag told me “if we don’t have it, we don’t have it”.

Great customer service. He gave me no information, basically acted like there was nothing he could do, and had an attitude to go along with it. I told him watching the Habs in English is number one on my priority list when it comes to TV, and Bell may be getting a call from me soon.

I’m steamin’.

132. habs001 says:

strange that nhl centre ice has the non hd version of the phoenix feed …but the hd channel that has the game description is blacked out by rogers…back to rds

133. avatar_58 says:

I just switch to RDS+CJAD

134. Castor says:

8 giveaways by the Habs? I’ll honestly bet that 5 of them were Spacek.

135. Bryan says:

I am really impressed by this Phoenix broadcast.  A bit too much stuff on football and the NCAA, but one of the better out of town broadcasts I`ve watched.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

136. SeriousFan09 says:

Agree, they actually give the Habs some respect in their broadcast. TSN and CBC could learn from that.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

137. Puck Bard says:

FEED! MY PRECIOUS FEEEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!  ATDHE ISN’T WORKING!!!!!!

138. Propwash says:

This one im connected to

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

139. ooder says:

well in all honesty the habs have been cutting down on the giveaways.. in the carbo days and even last year  that number would have been way bigger.

the coyotes play a very very well  structured game…

140. Former Jets Fan says:

Michel Langevin is his name I think, and that comment was WAY out of character for him, but I appreciated it too.

141. ManApart says:

You are very right about Pleks. You believe this summer there were some who didn’t want him. I won’t name names, but there was a pretty frequent poster on here who was trying to debate with me that Lombardi was a better option than Pleks.

142. HugeHabsFan says:

Will do. :o)  We had a chocolate for 14 yrs.  So this is the next generation. <3

……….. “Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!” I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE. Cammalleri: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien”.

143. showey47 says:

Datsyuk is much better in the faceoffs though,somewhere around 60% where as pleky is about 48%. Other then that they are very comparable players.

Ya Chuck, but there all falling this time of year.

145. linp says:

AK has a shot.

146. HugeHabsFan says:

Is this for real?  Where did this guy come from??  Sick goal – and THRILLED to see Kostitsyn has finally arrived!

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

147. Keith says:

I love that! AK46 throwing puck to the adoring fans!

148. SlovakHab says:

ANDREI ANDREI ANDREI!!

Quickly becoming a fan favourite. Loving it!

BTW, my 3 stars would have been:

3. Kostitsyn

2. Price

1. Plekanec

149. idle says:

AK46 = Search & Destroy!

150. Rugger says:

I do believe we now lead the east conference

151. SlovakHab says:

ANDREI ANDREI ANDREI!!

Quickly becoming a fan favourite. Loving it!

BTW, my 3 stars would have been:

3. Kostitsyn

2. Price

1. Plekanec

152. Habscore says:

WOW IM IN LOVE………………………………………………………………. YES HABS CAN!!

153. Shiloh says:

He’s the complete package when he plays like this. AK46!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

154. SlovakHab says:

ANDREI ANDREI ANDREI!!

Quickly becoming a fan favourite. Loving it!

BTW, my 3 stars would have been:

3. Kostitsyn

2. Price

1. Plekanec

155. punkster says:

Eller showing improvement bit by bit. He got hammered pretty good in the middle of the 3rd going in behind the Coyote net trying to body check someone off the puck. On the other hand he had two nifty shifts, one where he made a good play in the habs zone and the second setting up the winner. He’s not ready yet but he’ll get there. Good pick up.+++

156. Captain aHab says:

Man, will they please try Eller with Gionta? Gomez is just making bad play after bad play out there.

157. Ayan_SB says:

Keep praying to Brother Andrei folks.

158. Castor says:

hopefully they break their fists and shut up already! Carey was great again.

159. HugeHabsFan says:

I absolutely love your profile pic.  Is that your dog?

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

160. oshawahabsfan says:

AK with his best Bobby Orr goal, awesome!

161. ooder says:

guys i don’t think we lead the eastern conference.

we are in second

we have the same record as tampa but we lost to them.

however we beat the pens so we are ahead of them

162. HFX-HabFan says:

(je suis) ANDREI KOSTITSYN

163. twilighthours says:

Another sentence I never thought I’d write: I am actually loving Andrei Kostitsyn.  The puck-flip to the fans is great!

164. Chuck says:

And what do I see in the rear view mirror? LEAFS!

165. Danno says:

Le Frère Andrei est fier de porter La Sainte-Flanelle.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

166. Chuck says:

Great turnaround! Boone needs to put you on staff.  :)

167. Hockey Socks says:

Mr. October 2010

168. ManApart says:

Looks like we have a real first line, not since Pleks – Kovy – AK46 have I seen all 3 guys fly like they have been the past 5 games.

169. SlovakHab says:

W0000t!!

Nice!

170. Mattee. says:

Did anyone hear that guy on Antichambre? I don’t know his name but he told the rest of the pannel that they need to start being more positive. I could have given him a kiss.

171. Rugger says:

Believe it is point differential at this point in time.

Awesome!!!

173. SeriousFan09 says:

Awesome work, this deserves the Boone plug.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

174. Xtrahabsfan says:

No…that’s Newfie-Dawgs face:)

175. ooder says:

we are tied with tampa at 11 though.. unless i am missing something here

176. krob1000 says:

LARS ELLERS HOCKEY IQ IS OFF THE CHARTS…….I spent the whole game focussing on Pleks and Eller after todays little conversations…..what a treat! Pleks plays as close to mistake free hockey as you will ever see…..Eller….reminds me of a young Pleks….but bigger.  He is very smart away from the puck, has a very defensive opportunist mindset and has obviously been well coached.  He knows how to play away from the pcuk and made several of those subtle plays that it takes years to teach..those that can be….  For instance…check the replay on the GWG by Andrei, Eller goes to the net and he deflects the puck…BIG DEAL….but watch what he instinctively does….the Phoenix defender would have blocked Andrei’s shot or cleared the puck….Eller immediately whacks the guys stick giving Andrei the time….that …you cannot teach…that folks is the mind and instincts of a hockey player…..a real hockey player….do yourselves a favour and if you watch the replay of thsi game focus on Eller and Pleks whenever they are out there….and then do your best to teach your kids the same.  Pleks is obviously better at this stage than Eller but the kid can play.  I knew it already but tonight it really drove it home.

177. ManApart says:

Quite the opposite. That third period was maybe the best hockey I’ve seen all year. To win it in OT was very exciting.

178. sholi2000.com says:

The guy (Eller) is top 6 all the way, it’s so easy to see it.

They Call Me Shane

179. Rugger says:

Yes but we have a positive goal differential, they are even,  I said point difference but meant goal.

180. terrygain says:

Gomez skated hard tonight. He deserves to play with two skilled linemates for the entire game.

181. ooder says:

oh ok cool.. thanks for the update.. i didn’t know about that

182. HugeHabsFan says:

Too bad.  He’s beautiful.  My cousin had a Newfie and he was just an awesome animal.

We have a yellow Lab pup coming in a couple of weeks.  Can’t wait to get him.  Tried to talk my hubby into calling him Cammy, but it was a no go. :( lol

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

183. ooder says:

every game Eller makes some very good subtle plays.

even better he makes amazing non subtle plays.. now he is playing with non scorers so he’s not exactly racking up the points but he is very good..

it was nice to see JM put him out on the ice with 2 mintues left in a tied game and in OT

184. krob1000 says:

he has top line intellect…..I knew he was smart but today he made about half a dozen spectacular away from the puck plays….taking guys out, angling guys away so they aren;t even part of a rush agaisnt, covering for teammates, making space for guys, that whack of the stick on the last goal…..HOWEVER, Pleks is the MAN….seriously watch thatt game again and focus on the two of them….that game from Pleks was worth recording and selling to every kid in the world who wants to know how to play center…please watch the in an hour version and watch PLkes and not the puck…it was incredible….datsyuk and Crosby are the only ones I have ever intentionally focussed on like that and been that impressed and awed.

185. linp says:

For me, I was focusing on Jaroslav Spacek , who couldn’t win any puck along the board. It is good that Hamrik played a very good game and help Spacek out a lot.

186. SlovakHab says:

Sorry for that scattered triple-post!

My internet connection has been weird today!

Plex and Datsyuk are comparable. I hope Plex gets the nod for the Selke.

188. krob1000 says:

This year Spatch has played like he looks….and that ain’t bodin’ well

189. CharlottetownHabbies says:

Never understood why you’d name your hockey team after something that shrivels up and dies at the start of hockey season.  Just asking for trouble.

190. Harani says:

The Ekman Larsson kid is outta this world with his speed and skating. He’ll be good.

“It must be love!”

This is the first game that we have played this season, that we
    played the same way as in the play offs last year against
    Washington and Pittsburgh.

The whole team is buying into the
    total defensive system of J.Martin. The one part of our game that has
    to be picked up is of course our power play. Also we have to come up
    with a player to complement the G & G line from somewhere.

We
    are a much better group than last year, and we will be improving as we
    go along. This was a great hockey game by both teams. You can not ask
    for a better effort by two clubs. That was a hockey game!

We will peak at the right time this year.

192. BJT says:

Hey guys, missed everything past the first as I had basketball practise, but whats this about “Gorges off again. Scary”? Is he hurt? Playing bad? I find both pretty hard to believe… guy’s a rock.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

193. habaholic68NJ says:

Ian.  There are only two legitimate candidates for the spot on the G&G line.  Eller or Pouliot.  Personally, I like Eller but either one will do if Martin actually keeps the line together for 10 games.

194. SPATS says:

Hey Ian, just made it into Riverview, caught the 3rd and OT. We will surprise a lot of people this year, but not you or I. Watch for Cammy to go with gio and gomer. Eller will move up to Pleks line.

OOH AAH – HABS ON THE WARPATH!

195. habaddict_andy says:

Before the season started I said we would fight for the division title. I know it’s early, BUT right now we are leaders in our division. Now let’s win all three this week. Wouldn’t that be nice.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

196. vaya_ says:

he took a penalty, no injuries for iron man gorges.

197. BJT says:

Ok, good lol. I was worried.

Formerly known as Camel_Larry..
    ..”No more Looser on this teams!!” – Canadienboy

198. G-Man says:

Nice followup game to a perfect road win. No panic, just a lot of puck pressure and AK, Pleks and Cammi bagging important goals while Price shuts the door. Tough week ahead. Every 2 points will be huge in March.

199. habs001 says:

the problem with so many games that are tied in the third or one goal games you can win many of those but you can lose many of those also…the jury is still out if we will be a team that wins 3-4 in a row and also goes 3-4 games without a win…in a close game all it takes is one bad break or fluke goal..and if you play the majority of your games as one goal games you will also lose a fair amount of them…

Spats, now that might work.

So how long did it take from Victoria to Riverview.?

201. PrimeTime says:

like our last cup that made a Roy a legend?

Pouliot is a 3rd liner, just does not have the little extra needed yet.

203. Propwash says:

I’d put money on 5th in the East.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

204. Shiloh says:

Q – Why won’t they put an NHL team in Hamilton?

A – Because then Toronto would want one.

205. jbroderi says:

ha!  good one!

“I’ll take potent potables for 500, Alex” JB

206. Fansincebirth says:

Bazinga

207. Exit716 says:

Kostitsyn is arbitration eligible RFA.

208. habsoul says:

Walk year. 40+ goals and the Habs are forced to overpay. OK, I don’t care.

Price and Kosty will carry this team to the playoffs. Now if only the power play can get into gear.

==

Every time Scott Hartnell scores a goal, a stripper breaks a heel.

16 for 25

209. Max_a_million says:

If we don’t pay him, we will pay someone else to try and do the same thing.

Might as well pay him to score.

210. Bryan says:

That story on the arena was really touching.

Also glad Kyle Turris is working out for our H I/O pool.  My sleeper’s coming to life!

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

211. Castor says:

For those who have Bell Satellite. THE TSN feed is 402. It has been about 3 minutes and I am already annoyed with them.

212. byrneoNL says:

I think it’s pretty good so far, except they are broadcasting in stereo and not Dolby 5.1. What is this, 1995? =p

Go Habs Go

213. Keith says:

Well Mike Johnson played for the Habs 4 seasons ago. He must be decent at least.

214. andrewberkshire says:

I’m thinking a 4-1 win tonight.

215. byrneoNL says:

I like Gomez’s new haircut. Same as the old haircut.

Go Habs Go

216. Chuck says:

Coyotes/Jets haven’t fared well here over the years. Let’s hope that trend continues.

217. 1010 says:

Anybody know where I can pick this game up on the computer?

GO HABS…

218. HFX-HabFan says:

Darche certainly gives a full effort but he lacks in hockey sense.

219. Keith says:

Spatch is looking really old right now.

220. PrimeTime says:

Bettman has money on Phoenix!

221. JasonM says:

Whole breakdown on that play was because of Darche’s turnover. Can we please call up White?

222. JIMVINNY says:

Oh Spacek, a hand in the chest would have been just as effective.

223. HFX-HabFan says:

Great work by Pleks to draw the penalty.

224. showey47 says:

bonehead play by spacek

225. Former Jets Fan says:

Phoenix won their first visit, and never since.

Winnipeg won a grand total of 0 games from the time Roy joined the Habs (his first game was vs. the Jets) til the time they moved to the desert.  “Haven’t fared well” is an understatement!!

As I posted below 26-3-2 all-time!  Utter domination.

226. HFX-HabFan says:

4 on 3!

227. showey47 says:

If picard stops in front of the net instead of skating through,he has a tap in.

228. Shiloh says:

Vernon Fiddled while Gionta burned.

229. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Didn’t think Whitney’s interference call was fair, but that there was a penalty

230. habsman-itoba says:

Watching this with the ESPN America announcers.  Ouch.

231. HFX-HabFan says:

Lifeless PP.  Boy do we miss Markov.

232. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Gosh…frustrating PP.

233. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Come on Benny, who are ya passing it to?

234. JIMVINNY says:

Bah. Our PP is BRUTAL. Pretty please, let Markov come back this weekend…

235. byrneoNL says:

I’m no coach, so this aint’ a shot at JM or anything. But ahhh, I notice that a lot of teams with PP success employ the following strategy: Put a big dude in front of the net. He annoys the goalie, and defensemen you see. He is also in a great place for rebounds and such. No charge, JM. No Charge.

236. Just A Guy says:

Was that Kostitsyn on the back check?

237. Bryan says:

Is there a justin.tv link for a stream?

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

238. JIMVINNY says:

Yep, and a smart play for a forward. Just knock the guy over.

239. habsman-itoba says:

I think Justin.tv got busted.

240. joe-hab-nuno says:

I know where you are going at, but where were our big guys when all those years were 1st and 2nd on the pp

241. PrimeTime says:

channelsurfing.net

242. byrneoNL says:

Busy winning stanley cups with other teams.

Go Habs Go

243. ooder says:

Bryzgalov = best waiver pick up ever.

a very good game, neither team deserved to lose

244. habaddict_andy says:

Phoenix looked like the team they were last year. They just haven’t been able to win as much this year so far.

245. SeriousFan09 says:

They led the league last year in SO wins with 14, some of that OT stuff had to start swinging the other way.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

246. habaddict_andy says:

14 SO wins! Good thing AK found the net. Can’t believe he’s our MVP though far.

247. TomNickle says:

I suppose that one was Price’s fault too eh James?

248. Keith says:

And Mr. Boone don’t forget. It’s the only way to fly ;-0

249. SlovakHab says:

That was a terrible penalty, Travis!

250. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Ouff.

251. C3P1 says:

holy mackrel…what a bomb…no chance

252. mastro18 says:

yeah Gill…

253. TomNickle says:

Now Moen with Gomez and Gionta.

254. TripleX says:

Down early and back in the net.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

255. JIMVINNY says:

It looks like they’re trying to defend their 2-2 lead. Oh wait….

256. win4ce says:

Why is Eller not on the Gomez line?!!? It’s driving me nuts!!

257. Xtrahabsfan says:

Did you see Carey’s head jerk like “Geese that allmost hit me in the head”…he had no chance! That how you score on Price….

258. Born in a Bad Year says:

3P 17.25  Picard ties up a stick saving a goal.   First great play I have seen him play.

259. TomNickle says:

With three players having feet in the blue paint and two of them wearing white jerseys.

260. RJB says:

3 guys infront of him, and one of them was Hal Gill, no chance to save it.

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    – Bilbo Baggins

261. C3P1 says:

down early? as in, down, after being in his butterfly, to stop a previous shot?

262. C3P1 says:

down early? as in, down, after being in his butterfly, to stop a previous shot?

263. ManApart says:

Price was screened on that shot, but the guy was crouched on his knees before morris even touched the puck

264. JIMVINNY says:

FFS. When a goalie can’t see a shot, the butterfly covers more of the net than any other position. If you can’t figure that out, you need to pick a different sport. It’s called playing the percentages.

265. TripleX says:

Price is a big boy the crease is his territory.  He has to aggressively defend his space.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

266. SUMO says:

Has anyone else noticed Benny is a pretty decent passer? Every game I’ve watched he hits the tape. Wonder why JM doesn’t put him down the middle.

267. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Gosh.

268. TomNickle says:

When you’re shorthanded that becomes much more difficult.  He can’t shove three guys out of the way to get to the top of his crease there.

269. Keith says:

God that’s a lame-assed call.

270. JIMVINNY says:

Not Good.

271. Former Jets Fan says:

Joel Bouchard made what I thought was a good point at intermission – Gomez makes so many turnovers that his linemates have to be able to quickly switch back to defensive mode, and play without the puck – attributes Eller probably hasn’t learned to JM’s satisfaction yet.

And with all these one goal games they’ve been involved in, you can’t trifle around with learning on the fly.

272. TripleX says:

Oh give it up dude.  No goalie is perfect and plays every situation perfectly, not even Price.

You seem to think Price is somehow beyond any criticism.  Why do you take everything personally?

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

273. JIMVINNY says:

What a save.

274. PrimeTime says:

I would love to see a tracking of the timeline of the critics posts during the course of a game…..always silence until a goal against. It’s hilarious!!

275. SeriousFan09 says:

FSN Satellite feed powered by same hamsters that run Habs I/O.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

276. TomNickle says:

But, but, but.  Jesus.

Never once have I seen you attack somebody’s play like you do his.  When did you ever once criticize Halak of being so deep in his net that he was in the laps of the first row patrons.

Never once did you criticize his inability to play the puck.

Never once did you criticize lack of willingness to challenge for position.

But I’m a pricebot or Gauthierbot or Gaineybot.

I look at the positive and the negative with all players.  When it comes to Plekanec and Halak, all you see are the good things, when it comes to Price and Gomez, all you see is the negative.

277. saskhabfan says:

another bad night for spacek,i think the only guy who has been schooled more often then spacek this year is manapart.

278. Chuck says:

Looks like the regular crew is here to criticize/blame Price with every little thing that they can, warranted or not.

279. Xtrahabsfan says:

We really need a player like Taylor Pyatt!

280. avatar_58 says:

No kidding. Were they saying Gorges interferred with Gill?

281. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

LOL yeah horrible feed.

282. Bryan says:

Glad it’s not just me with that haha

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

283. TomNickle says:

But what Bouchard didn’t say was that Gomez often gets quick takeaways where his linemates have to speed up to go in the other direction.

But Gomez’s name doesn’t have an accent with it so he’s garbage.

284. win4ce says:

Good point, but I’d still rather see him get a shot. Right now were just cycling through Moen, Pyatt and Darche. Eller played his best game against Toronto when he had skilled linemates added to more ice time. Hope he gets a shot at one point and if he is a defencive liability, then its a no brainer to get him off that line.

285. Former Jets Fan says:

wouldn’t Bouchard be more partial to players with umlauts rather than accents?

286. TomNickle says:

I think my comment got lost in translation.

I meant accents on the letters in the names.

If Gomez’s name were Lapierre, he’d be our mvp.

287. Former Jets Fan says:

Frankly, I agree with you too, and he’s having a great 3rd period so far, at both ends!

288. Former Jets Fan says:

I got it, I got it, but my joke (Joel spells his name with an umlaut, which I don’t know how to type) was lost too!

I don’t get to watch all the games (work nights), but I’ve always found him to be pretty fair and balanced in his analyses.  I am sure however, that there is an RDS directive to focus more on the the Quebecers than they might deserve, just as TSN seems to have a be-a-Leaf-apologist directive.

289. JIMVINNY says:

Why do you feel the need to make a qualifying statement when someone else says he had no chance?

290. TripleX says:

It is called a difference of opinion?  Which I think is the point of HIO?

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

291. Nina76 says:

AGREE RGB……….I cannot understand why the defence does not get them away from PRICE for heavens sake LOOK behind you Carey cannot see a thing COME ON GILL DO YOUR JOB GET THEM OUT OF THERE……….THey are low on the totem pole we should be able to beat them IF THE DEFENCE DOES THEIR JOB…………………HELP CAREY PRICE he is playing a great game

292. Former Jets Fan says:

A Devils blogger’s take on Gionta before the start of last season.  Hope it doesn’t happen here, but it’s what I’m expecting nonetheless.

293. johnolerud9 says:

who is the middle guy?

294. nightmare_49 says:

j – Benny.

295. arcosenate says:

It’s Princess Bride right?

Gomez is hilarious.

Incontheivable!

296. showey47 says:

yeah but he also played for the leafs.

297. JasonM says:

Benoit Pouliot will not score tonight.

298. tony d says:

not with that stash he won’t

“You killed my father… prepare to die..”

299. MikeMcLaren says:

Wait a minute!  So is THIS why you insisted that Alex Auld would be the Canadiens’ starting goalie by Christmas?

I’m on to you, Jason!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

300. punkster says:

Worked Saturday, let’s hope it works tonight :)

301. SlovakHab says:

Real Czech beers: Budvar, Gambrinus or Pilsner Urquell

Never heard or Zatec or Czechvar – probably some kind of an export brand?

Slovak beers: Zlaty Bazant or Saris.

302. avatar_58 says:

I expect a loss every night. It makes wins that much more fun

303. Former Jets Fan says:

Montreal’s record at home vs. the Winnipeg/Phoenix franchise : 26-3-2, with an average margin of victory of 5-2.

They might be hard-pressed to put 5 past Bryzgalov, but I’m expecting a decisive victory nonetheless.

304. HFX-HabFan says:

Dave Tippett got spanked in Montreal over the years (in his playing days with the mighty Hartford Whalers).

305. Keith says:

We gotta get a pp goal here! Comeon Habs!

306. Harani says:

I still think it’s worth trying AK46 on the point and Pouliot in front of the net. Do it Jacques!

“It must be love!”

307. TripleX says:

I would try Cammy since he has the one timer mastered already.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

308. JIMVINNY says:

All this game is going to do is make our PP % even worse, and probably our PK % as well, because Heaven knows there are going to be make-up calls, this is Bettman’s team, after all.

309. Matt_in_TO says:

How soon before Tippett loses it

- In Price We Trust

310. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Time to get the PP going.

311. linp says:

Jaroslav Spacek is so slow we should try OB instead.

312. SUMO says:

i second that suggestion.

313. Puck Bard says:

Said it in the first, baby. Time for a change.

314. JasonM says:

Waaaaay toooo fancy

315. Danno says:

Our PP is caca

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

316. C3P1 says:

why are they talking about alex auld? god rds pisses me off sometimes

317. ManApart says:

No MAB, no hope

318. TripleX says:

If we need MAB then it is truly hopeless.  :)

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

319. PrimeTime says:

pretty much how you critics like it so be happy :)

320. ddawwidd says:

Has anyone noticed the name on Gorges’ gloves? :)

321. Rudy says:

That’s hilarious. Why wouldn’t they fix that?

322. TripleX says:

Slow down!  Why are the Habs always rushing on the PP they have two minutes.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

323. habsperspective says:

This already has a low scoring feel to it, first team to score will have massive momentum.  Especially with the Habs inept PP.

324. OneTimer says:

OK so no goal on the PP, again, but is it just me or are Gomez’s turbospeed zone entries actually…effective… this year?

325. Chuck says:

Someone needs to slap the dude in the neon yellow shirt.

326. Matt_in_TO says:

I’m was just about the say the same thing.  I would hate sitting behind a punk like that.

- In Price We Trust

327. JIMVINNY says:

Why the hell was that icing waved off?

328. byrneoNL says:

What is with all the fancy behind the back no look passes to oblivion?

329. Castor says:

Way to beat the Habs: Keep taking penalties.

330. Keith says:

Working hard Habs! Loveit!

331. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

Kostitsyn is  a beast!

332. JIMVINNY says:

And… the inevitable even up call.

333. JIMVINNY says:

LOL. what a terrible call. He was already falling when Josh tapped him.

334. Danno says:

True. And I love the way he does his Magilla Gorilla immitation after he scores.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

335. Puck Bard says:

Spacek $3M, O’Byrne $1.5M? I’m sorry, I’d sit Spacek.

336. Xtrahabsfan says:

Taylor Pyatt  in a C.H. with his bro would work,eh…

337. OneTimer says:

Coyotes look like poo and Habs have looked sharp, but hey if we don’t cash our chances we won’t be the first team to be snakebitten despite playing better…

338. showey47 says:

obyrne 942,000 cap hit,spacek 3,833,000

339. Fire_Laraque says:

4-3, 5-3, 5-4, they can’t score in PP!!!!

340. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Alright period. Really frustrating to watch the PP. No excuse to have a 1 for 27 PP, just pathetic.

341. JIMVINNY says:

With how good we looked, they still outshot us. Some were good chances, too. How does that work?

342. Puck Bard says:

Carey keeping them in there.  Don’t lose patience with the lack of quality shots. Give them 10 – 20  games to find the timing. Way to go Price!

343. Puck Bard says:

Thanks Showey… I’d still do it!  :-)

344. sidhu says:

Enough with the Pyatt on the second line, and Darche is a total waste in the lineup.

Give Eller a shot to play the second line, otherwise it’s not worth having him play ~10 minutes/game in the NHL when he could be playing 20 in the AHL.

No shame in putting him in the A, we could then bring up White or Maxwell.

345. SeriousFan09 says:

I’m on the Fox Sports feed for the Coyotes and it’s surprisingly decent. They actually respect the Habs in their coverage I’m not quite sure what to make of this, an English-language broadcast that respects Montreal…

*Looks out window*

Odd, I was expecting the Four Horsemen.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

346. FSLN says:

1P 10:20: PP spends more time on the outside than the NDP in Alberta”

I would remind you Mike that unlike any other party not led by Stephen Harper, the NDP have a seat in Alberta!

347. HabFanSince72 says:

4 penalties, none of them legit.

Two good keepers.

Two teams with terrible PPs.

It could end 0-0.

348. linp says:

No one tries a one-timer during our PP. Tomas Plekanec, Subban and Cammi didn’t do it. Did they practice any PP? I don’t understand the coaching staff at all.

349. Caper says:

MArkov will fix that issue .

350. scrowe21 says:

AK has made some really good defensive plays.

Refs are retarded as usual.

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

351. linp says:

Darche is so slow compared with other players on the ice. You can recognise him easily.

352. avatar_58 says:

What are you talking about? That cash doesn’t automatically make the team better. Spacek is a much better D-man than Obyrne

353. JIMVINNY says:

Personally, I think nearly every shot we had was a quality shot. What we had none of were second chance opportunities in the dirty areas.

354. Puck Bard says:

Can’t watch his consistent stupid mistakes anymore.

355. Puck Bard says:

And Yes, yes… I’ll take another chance on O’Byrne not dumping it over the boards.

356. Puck Bard says:

Little from the point was a quality shot, Jim.

357. dhenry1234 says:

anyone know a good live feed from RDS?

358. RJB says:

Can’t get anything going in the O-zone, need to dump the puck better. Coyotes are making a good pushback after that tying goal. Habs have played well though, need to get that momentum back!

– Bilbo Baggins

359. SlovakHab says:

Dear Brian Gionta,

please score.

360. HabFanSince72 says:

Pleks line has scored 10 of our 18 goals

361. Bryan says:

Does anyone have a feed that isn’t from PHX?

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

362. VJ says:

Adthe?? My feed is all going crazy too. I thought it was my internet connection. Where is the RDS feed?

363. Former Jets Fan says:

I don’t usually expect anything from a sports team I cheer for – save entertainment – but in this case (see my username), it’s a personal vendetta.

364. avatar_58 says:

I vote Benny grows out his hair and stache to achieve this look on the ice.

365. Keith says:

Now she’s picking up some!

366. JIMVINNY says:

That was a terrible shift.

367. HabFanSince72 says:

So are we still interested in Kevin Bieksa? I sure hope so.

368. Xtrahabsfan says:

Ok Carey …5 mins left,if you learned  anything from Jaro  do it now !Shut the door tight!

369. Keith says:

That almost looked offside to me.

370. Chuck says:

I’m glad that the dude in neon didn’t get that puck.

371. avatar_58 says:

I’m out of breath….

372. C3P1 says:

he’s the man.  him and marky on the pp would be sick.  cannon of a shot with a slick passer.  this team needs some toughness too

373. HFX-HabFan says:

Me too.  Unless he got it in the face.

374. MikeMcLaren says:

AMEN!!!  Sit the EFF DOWN!

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

375. Norm0770 says:

Why is JM looking for a different winger for Gomez and Gionta instead of a different centre for Gionta and Pouliot?

376. RJB says:

Yeah, Carey needed Jaro to tell him how to play, enough is enough, please stop.

– Bilbo Baggins

377. PrimeTime says:

Do you believe in cliches as much as the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus???

378. Castor says:

PYATT LAPIERRE AND ELLER…now that’s a third line right there

379. TomNickle says:

Eller on the ice with a minute left and single handedly gets the puck out of the zone.

Earning more trust, good for him.

380. RGM says:

Great third period. Let’s play some more!

381. TomNickle says:

Subban gets the OT winner.

382. HabFanSince72 says:

We’d have to send $$ back, and it would need to be a forward.

383. PrimeTime says:

So does the troll credit Price for …

…..Nope. Just was hoping for a fail..

Too bad :)

384. ooder says:

neither team desrves to lose

385. punkster says:

Bitch and whine all you want. Lay blame as usual. But this was a pretty entertaining game against a good team. And the Habs still haven’t got a second line going which also affects their 3rd and 4th lines as guys keep getting bounced around. Good things will happen for this team.

You mean like in the Bronze Medal game, Slovakia against Finland?

387. SlovakHab says:

I love 4-on-4 hockey!

And giving 1 point to PHX doesn’t really hurt us within the conference, so no problem so far. But would be nice to get 2 on the home ice.

388. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Man, I am only 16, but I feel like a heart patient right now.

Breath-taking hockey.

389. RGM says:

SAINT ANDREI DOES IT AGAIN!!!!!

390. TomNickle says:

ANDREI!!!

391. Xtrahabsfan says:

Jaro taught him good eh!

392. SlovakHab says:

WOOOOOOOt!!!!1111

393. C3P1 says:

MAGNIFIQUE1 EXCEPTIONNEL!

394. punkster says:

All Eller…all the time!

395. PrimeTime says:

Too bad Critics….better luck next game. See Ya!!!

396. RJB says:

ANDREI!!!!!!! YUSSS SIR

– Bilbo Baggins

397. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

ANDREIIIIIIIIIIIIII KOSTITSYN!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY LORD

ANDREI THE GIANTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

ANDREIII KOSTITSYNNN

AK46!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

398. ooder says:

wooooo!!!

ok no joke right before the goal i said JM should send out eller and ak46

399. RJB says:

We get it, you hate it when Price wins, thanks for coming out though!!! SEE YA

– Bilbo Baggins

400. king ddd says:

i guys big help please! i m leaving to toronto tonight. is there any way i can catch the game while driving (radio station) i mean ckac and cjad only works till like cornwall i think.

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

401. Gibson Classic says:

If you have a Blackberry download Nobex Radio companion…works great for listening to CJAD

402. B37zc says:

if you have 3G contract I guess you can use your cell to catch that radio online

403. matraque says:

If you have an iphone, you can use the Corus app.  You can stream CKAC from it.  Worked like a charm when i stayed in Vancouver and was in the skytrain or bus

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

404. Bryan says:

I love you

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

405. Rudy says:

Bless you!

406. ooder says:

no problem fellas :)

407. RGM says:

Fun first period – crowd seems a little quiet. It’d be nice if the PP would get them riled up!

408. C3P1 says:

yes to all of the above.  happened to bryz twice last season

409. Bryan says:

I think he doesn’t get the SO, but has a GAA of 0.00 and a SV% 1.000

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

410. Wayne says:

Light shed on meatbag tenderizing procedures.

Sorta liked that one…

411. punkster says:

Lots of suggestions to try Cammy or Gomez or AK at the point for the PP. Not even PK, who has a reasonable shot, has the goods there. And please…MAB? Not gonna happen people. Callup from Hamilton? Nobody there fits the bill. The main problem is the PP doesn’t have a QB. No rhythm, no fallback when a shot or pass doesn’t work and nobody in charge. Markov’s return will help but he doesn’t have the point shot either. Trade before Xmas.

Edit- not trade Markov…but a trade may be the only way to find the point shot we need.

412. TomNickle says:

Weber actually fits that specific bill perfectly.  It, unfortunately, would be the only time during a game that we could play him.

413. Geoff F says:

I think that pic makes Benny look like Doug Henning.

414. sidhu says:

FYI, our top 5 scorers in Hamilton:

7 Yannick Weber 6 5 4 9 -1 8 3 0 20

0.250

51 David Desharnais 6 3 6 9 1 2 1 0 18

0.167

19 Ben Maxwell 6 3 6 9 0 4 2 0 22

0.136

4 Brendon Nash 6 2 4 6 1 8 2 0 8

0.250

23 Max Pacioretty 6 0 5 5 2 6 0 0 21

0.000

415. yathehabsrule says:

My GameCenter feed froze, right at this moment.

Sorta sums up the power play strategy!

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

416. HFX-HabFan says:

Seriously, neon shirt guy.

417. Castor says:

eeesh. Spacek had the puck three times and every time it ended up on a Yotes stick.

418. Shiloh says:

I wouldn’t star in a campaign video against you Boone – I might help write it, but I would try to get Natalie Portman to star.

419. punkster says:

But that’s what I mean. He may have a point shot (the jury’s out on that one at the big league level) but we don’t need a one trick pony like MAB again, do we? No. Trade for someone who can play 15 or more minutes, has a point shot and can be counted on to play reasonable, text book D on a regular shift.

420. habsfaninboston says:

Did someone mention that AK is a beast?

WOW!

421. habsman-itoba says:

Booooo.

422. JIMVINNY says:

Wide open, in the slot, 10 feet out. Where’s the D?

423. Wayne says:

Laps crapped the bed on that one…

424. punkster says:

Honest question. What was Laps doing on that goal?

425. C3P1 says:

awful coverage. my mom could score from there

426. habsperspective says:

First win since 1996?

427. C3P1 says:

part of me thinks your joking, the other part, if you are serious, makes me want to vomit

428. sidhu says:

Pyatt on second line – fail.

429. duffy says:

It”s too bad this team cant play at home like they do on the road ,

430. ManApart says:

Laps, Price, pretty foul on that one. Could prove to be costly.

431. HFX-HabFan says:

Turris showing why he went third overall in ’07.

432. punkster says:

When he wants to be invisible he excels at it.

433. sidhu says:

Come on Pouliot, what was that?!

434. JIMVINNY says:

How does time make it easier for the goalie? It was a point blank shot from 10 feet out. That’s never weak.

435. Chuck says:

If Price commits to the 5-hole early, Turris picks a corner. NOT an easy save, regardless of what you think.

436. C3P1 says:

so the fact that someone was wide open in the slot has nothing to do with it?  like hes had some bad goals this year (ottawa, taornima) but that was not one of them.  that’s not his fault!

437. Wayne says:

Habs’ll win don’t worry. They drop into high gear soon.

438. punkster says:

Boone, if we had a scorer we’d have seen him on that line by now.

Trade!

439. avatar_58 says:

Gionta shot because he thought Pyatt wouldn’t handle the pass/shot. Without that confidence that line will continue to struggle. Even a 2 on 1 didn’t work.

440. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Really getting frustrated with the 2nd line.

It’s been 7 god darn games, do something already.

441. HotHabs says:

Habs struggle to score, both even strength & PP.  Gotta do something to stir around Bryz.  Very little pressure in front, almost no screening, nobody to pick rebounds when they’re there.

442. habs001 says:

most of our games will be like this ..no need to get upset…we finished 23rd in goal scoring last year and we will be in the same range this year…the team is made up with many forwards who have very limited goal scoring abilities…

443. PrimeTime says:

you hope, anyway….

444. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Pleck’y!!

445. Norm0770 says:

Gomez has to shoot from there not pass.

446. habsman-itoba says:

Yay!

447. HotHabs says:

about time!!!!!  good grief, now put in another just like that!!!

448. Bryan says:

Weeoooo!

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

449. avatar_58 says:

ANDREI BOBBY ORR KOSTITSYN!

450. SeriousFan09 says:

Eller does the gruntwork and Andrei finishes, beautiful game.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

451. Nina76 says:

Wonderful JT I have been wanting to say this for a long time I am tired of all the complaing alot of people should be coaches @ GM’s Give me a break….I have been a Hab fan for over 55 years @ always will be.You have the right to your opion but stop slam

452. Keith says:

AK46!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!111

WHAT A FINISH!!!!!!

453. HugeHabsFan says:

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

454. linp says:

AK has a shot.

455. Danno says:

First place Eastern Conference! Yes!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

456. Chuck says:

I think that Tampa would be first, by virtue of them having beaten us. But yeah… wooo!!!

457. JIMVINNY says:

Huh. Put Eller with a skilled linemate, and he gets an assist on the game-winner. Shocking.

458. terrygain says:

Astute. I am very impressed with Eller’s  skills.

459. sholi2000.com says:

Exactly. Can’t wait to see him top 6!

They Call Me Shane

460. darcy1 says:

and he was at the front of the net causing havoc on the goalie/dman to help get the winner… why isn’t he our 2nd line center ?

461. Xtrahabsfan says:

WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

462. JasonM says:

No free ale for you this year.

463. avatar_58 says:

Now THAT my friends, is a goddamn line!

464. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

TOMAS PLEKANEC!!

WORTH EVERY PENNY!

465. Matt_in_TO says:

I bet that was a set play…..

Pleks!!!

- In Price We Trust

466. punkster says:

If at first you don’t succeed….

467. Keith says:

Plecky!! with a second chance! 1-1!!

468. SlovakHab says:

Love that line!!

PLEKANEC!! woo

469. Danno says:

All hail the Turtleneck Man!

Sexy Plexy Rules!

Vive le Col Roulé!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

470. ManApart says:

Who else, brother Pleks with some help from his friends. He’s been flying all night. Note to Gomez, that’s how a first line center plays.

471. PrimeTime says:

wah wah wah!!

472. Matt_in_TO says:

Ah crap, a PP

- In Price We Trust

473. punkster says:

I’m callin’ it…PP goal!

474. Chuck says:

Man Bryzgalov sucked on that one!

;)

475. PrimeTime says:

Get back behind the bushes, trolls.

476. sidhu says:

AK – new player, let’s keep giving him one year contracts so it’s always a contract year :)

477. Wayne says:

Here comes a PP goal and the lead

478. HotHabs says:

could this be goal #2 for the Habs tonight and for their lowly PP?????  come on boys!

479. sidhu says:

That’s Cammy from the playoffs!

480. Hockey Socks says:

SNIPE

481. C3P1 says:

WHAT A SNIPE!

482. habsman-itoba says:

Beauty!

483. Wayne says:

LLLLLLLLLLLike a glove!

484. Bryan says:

CAMMMMMMMMMMMMY

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

485. Keith says:

Now that’s tha Cammy we all know and love!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

486. PrimeTime says:

THATS ALL ON bRYZ…..LOL

487. punkster says:

Bow to me!

488. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

CAMMMALLLERIIIII!

PP STRIKES MAN!

MIKE CAMMALLERI!

489. avatar_58 says:

HEY WEARING THE JERSEY WORKED! CAMMY!

490. Chuck says:

That’s why you can’t leave shooters alone in front of the goalie.

491. Danno says:

Burn rubber El Camino! Smoke show!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

492. SeriousFan09 says:

Beautiful rush by Subban, great zone control and then Cammy brings it home!!!

I love these guys.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

493. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

I thought we scored there for a second, but then I noticed the Coyotes only had 4 skaters on the ice…..

Wait…..what the…..!!!!!!

494. HFX-HabFan says:

Cammy = pure sniper.  What a laser.

495. Danno says:

NEVER take it off.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

496. Habhopeful says:

I concur!

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

497. coachdoug says:

Real nice win…if we can get that 2nd line going now…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

498. MikeL says:

Anyone know if the regional TSN broadcast is on Shaw Direct (Starchoice)? If so, is it in HD?

I don’t see it listed on TSN ALT, but I’m assuming that’s where it will be.

499. Mike Boone says:

It may be a Bell ExpressVu exclusive

500. Danno says:

That’s true. I didn’t think of that.  Not too shabby anyways!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

501. habsfaninboston says:

Finally a PP goal!

502. Puck Bard says:

Lovely to watch.

503. JIMVINNY says:

Vintage Cammalleri.

504. Matt_in_TO says:

I how Cammy celebrates when we scores.  Acts like he’s done it before and about to do it again.

- In Price We Trust

505. sidhu says:

Darche loses the battle on the halfboards.  Get Boyd in there….or the neon shirt guy.

506. habs-hampton says:

Did you see that power move by Eller with about 6 minutes left? very impressive!!

507. Max_a_million says:

Did you notice Eller’s minutes were up.  Eller was out there in the last minute of the game.  Eller was on the ice in overtime, and got an assist on the winner.  Has JM jumped on the Eller wagon?!?  I hope so!

508. PrimeTime says:

Note to jdub….Fans defend their team and players.

509. avatar_58 says:

BLAH can’t take penalties like that. The last thing they need is a tie game

510. Wayne says:

Time for some sound D so Carey can do his thing.

Go Habs Go

511. MikeMcLaren says:

Anyone else watching the Phoenix feed of this game?  Their color guy has the same tone and cadence of Murray Wilson.  It’s kind of creepy, actually.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

512. habsman-itoba says:

Creepy, but I like it.

513. Wayne says:

Ha,.. I was thinking the same thing and the start of the game.

514. Wayne says:

F-up at Bauer.

Proof Reader: Hmmm, Gorges? Must be a mistake. Don’t want to bother asking my boss to confirm with Habs Org. Yup, gonna make an executive descision here… Voila. Georges it is.

2 days later -

Proof Reader: Hey, What’s this pink slip doing in my pay stub envelope?

515. ooder says:

aaaahhh

there it is:

516. Rugger says:

Beautiful isn’t it?

517. SUMO says:

A very astute comment by Max_a_million

518. Fansincebirth says:

Will we see our backup goalie start a game this week?

It’s still early but I’ll savour the moment. Imagine when the PP gets going!

There’s a tough road ahead but this team looks like they’ll surprise.

520. ooder says:

it’s great… sometimes it’s awesome to be proven wrong