Who are we?

Mike_Boone

Gazette marketing stats wizard David Klimek has whipped up this profile of the Hockey Inside/Out community.

A couple of supplementary notes:

During June, there were 69,000 unique visitors to Hockey Inside/Out, up from 53,000 in June, 2010 – a 30 per cent increase.

Page views in June were 1,640,583 – pretty good for the dog days and up one per cent from a year ago.

June page views on HIO Mobile were 121,673, up from 78,719 – a 54 per cent increase.

As you read these words, Stubbs, Hickey, Mio and Boone are spending their bonus money on lunch at the golden arches. But we’ve told Patrick V. the cheque doesn’t cover ice cream.

1. weiweiss says:

hello,welcome to http://www.proxy4biz. com,i hope everyone will more like them because of there have more nice top goods and cheaper price in there,thanks

2. abhot says:

.http://voguecatch。 com
    Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now!
    Lv,Gucci,Prada,Coach,Chanel Women sandal is $30
    DG,JUICY,Lv,Gucci,Coach Hand-bag price is $35
    Polo,Locaste,Levis,EdHardy,Bape,Christan Audigier AF,COOGI Tshirt price is $12
    Jeans price is $34
    Paypal accept,Door to Door services!
    5 days arrive your home or you

3. gfdygthygtf says:

share with you a very good website

love ★★★

very good web

lets go★★★

4. coutNY says:

Mr. Boone, a few years back you were high on Trent Hunter. Now seemingly to be bought out soon would you still like to see him in Montreal? I personally think he may be a useful grit guy, but not sure since his injury last year if he has slowed down too much for the speed game Mtl plays? Inquiring minds want to know…?

5. gloveside says:

This is a mindset that drives me crazy – Steven says “since [Tim] Thomas is unlikely to repeat the season he had”. Why is it that we assume that Price and Subban et al will have just as good a season as last year but every other team’s players were playing over their heads and are unlikely to have such a good season again?

6. Habitant in Surrey says:

CBC News: Surrey mayor thrown from horse

“Surrey Mayor Dianne Watts was airlifted to Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, B.C., after injuring her spine in a horseback riding accident.

Watts fractured two vertebrae after being thrown from her horse on Saturday.

Laura Ballance, a spokesperson for the mayor, said on Sunday that Watts is in stable condition in hospital.

Doctors are performing a series of tests to determine the severity of her spinal injury, but not much more is known at this time.

I think that at this point we are just waiting for more details and information and then we will let people know as soon as we have it,” Ballance said.

Watts had been on a weekend vacation with her husband and two daughters at a friend’s cabin.”

…now, I know most of yews dun’t follow the goin’s-on in the burb of Vancouver, called Surrey …so, based on sum of yews lack of erudition, I taut sum of yews may tink Kamloops maybe right-round da bend frum Kalowna, BC …where Carey’s bestest friend Josh lives …and which lovely town hosts one heck of a neat rodeo…and yews maybe puttin’ 2 + 2 to make 31, as par for the course in HIO …so just postin’ to make certain yews nut tinking dis was our cummin season goin’ to Hell in a hand-basket

…DISCLAIMER: dis story has NUTTIN to do with Our wunderkind Cary Price …and is being used by Moi for malicious sensationalism ONLY !

…now, dun’t yawl feel much better ?

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

7. Steven says:

I was just at the Official Habs Forums(or whatever you want to call it) and it’s friggin unbelievable how many pessimists there are over there.

The general consensus for where the Habs would end up is between 7th and 10th. Despite our obvious improvements all around and a hopefully healthy lineup this year, they’re actually predicting we’ll finish LOWER in the standings!

I tell ya, some people don’t know when they have a good thing going.

• pat s says:

its the same team as last year with minor changes—cole, ok. where are these obvious improvements—they are minor changes-price needs to stand on his head again for the habs to make the playoffs.

• Steven says:

The obvious improvements rest basically with the addition of Cole, Markov, Gorges and Pacioretty(Since the latter 3 didn’t play the entire year). Pacioretty’s presence on Gomez’ line should provide him with a better season than last year, considering he was having a pretty good run with Patches on the wing(and, let’s face it, he can’t be any worse than last year) and the addition of Budaj means that Price will get more time off and likely have better performances when he plays. That seems pretty significant.

Even so, let’s say they only have minor improvements in place. How can you drop the team by a couple of notches in the standings and basically have them pegged as a team that will either barely make it or won’t at all when they have gotten even slightly better?

• pat s says:

Easy, b/c the other teams(i.e buffalo) made improvements also. I just think we have the same team as last year, and if Price doesn’t stand on his head we will have a hard time making the playoffs.

I like Cunneyworth being assistant coach however. He was my type of player when he played. I also like Ladacouer.

• Steven says:

Hmm. I see what you mean, but I don’t think enough teams improved to actually make our Habs drop in the standings(or, at least, not the teams that would hurt us too much). Buffalo is one, but Boston got arguably weaker(especially since Thomas is unlikely to repeat the season he had), and I’m sure I could come up with even more teams that got weaker that could balance it out.

Regardless, I see your point. :)

• pat s says:

its going to be a battle that is for sure, i just can’t see the habs being a major threat with this lineup but i could be wrong and i’m sure i will have a thousand people come at me if i am wrong on this one

you make valid points

• Un Canadien errant says:

I think adding Mr. Cole to the lineup is the most obvious improvement, but what I’m really optimistic about is our defence. Having Mr. Markov and Gorges back is, again, an obvious improvement, even when tempered with the consideration that they’ll need to be eased back into the lineup as they rebuild their balance and confidence in their injured knees. What I’m really looking forward to is substituting Alexei Yemelin for Roman Hamrlik. As proud a warrior as he was, Roman was too far along in his career, he didn’t have the speed and strength to be effective anymore in his own zone. Mr. Yemelin and Weber have apprenticed long enough, they are ready to pick up a lot of the slack from Mr. Hamrlik and Spacek. We’ll have a younger, better defence corps, what we miss in experience we’ll more than make up in speed and energy.

———————————
        For my training camp surprise, I want the second coming of Mike McPhee. And maybe Kent Carlson.

• wall2bay says:

Barring major injuries (like last year). The Habs will finish in the top 4 of the conference. This team is at least 3 games better with Markov, MacPac and Gorges……..AT LEAST 3 games!!!

Not to mention, they’re at least 2 goals better in a 7 game series vs the B’s which that alone would is the difference from winning the season!

“I kind of feel sorry for players who never got a chance to be a Montreal Canadien” – Cammalleri

• Marc10 says:

Sad reality of the Cup drought… It brings out the pessimists. And they have a point… It’s been a while. But I don’t see how being incessantly negative can bring about a positive result. You’re either the 7th man, or you’re not.

I’ll give credit where credit is due in terms of positivity. Gillett and Boivin through their spectacular marketing managed to fill the barn and turn team support around (even though the team results didn’t immediately follow…) I remember watching Yashin and Alfredsson spank the Habs of years past in a half full building that was quiet like a tomb. The only time the fans spoke up was to boo their own team. Granted the team was crap, but it wasn’t a fun atmosphere.

Fast forward a couple of years and you couldn’t hear the announcer in the place – while the team was marginally better. Nowadays the vibe is so much better. Kovy’s magic season really helped and the crowd’s positivity in backing its own team has produced results. IMO, I give the crowd an assist on the comeback against the Rangers when they trailed 5 – 0 and I give them huge props for the Washington and Pittsburg series when they truly became the 7th man.

If the fans can push the scream button to 11 again this year, I think we’re in for a pretty sweet ride. I know the lads aren’t built nasty, but not backing them is simply not an option.

All in as they say and leave the negativity at the door. I’ll be the first one to stand up when we eliminate the Bruins – and we will. F*** negativity. All in.

“To be irreplaceable, you have to be different”.
      Andy Warhol

Go PK Go!

8. Un Canadien errant says:

I want to come back to the case of Nikolay Zherdev. He’s a scoring winger with decent size who should at 26 be hitting his career prime. Apparently he is committed to playing in the NHL this season. He’s an unrestricted free agent who earned $2 M last season.

First let’s deal with what it would cost the organization to acquire him: nothing. To plug him into the roster would not cost us any assets, which is a huge plus.

Second, can we afford him? Last season didn’t go well for him, he was benched on some nights and the Flyers tried to waive him to get rid of his salary. It’s reasonable to assume that he would earn no more than the $2 M he commanded last season, maybe even less. Additionally, he is in no position to ask for a long-term contract.

Third, what could he contribute? I see him as a scoring threat on the third line with Mr. Kostitsyn and either Lars Eller or David Desharnais at centre. A reasonable expectation from him would be 20 G 20 A. He could contribute on the power play. Most importantly, if one of the top 6 is injured, he would be an option to move up the roster, which would prevent us from situations like last year where Mr. Moen and Darche were miscast when Mr. Cammalleri went down.

Fourth, what of his apparent fragile psyche? Can we hope for him to mesh better with his teammates than he did last year in Philly or in seasons before? Based on what we can infer, Montreal’s dressing room seems to be a more supportive environment than Philly’s, where former resident-tool Mike Richards was captain and he and the caustic Chris Pronger were battling each other for control. In Montreal, Hal Gill was the ‘heavy’ with PK Subban last season, but his wry wit was understood by all to be humour and not meanness. PK was overjoyed when he was re-signed. Add stable as opposed to meddlesome ownership, and a cadre of Russian speakers to welcome a player who is reported to be painfully shy, and we may have an environment where he could finally thrive.

Finally, what if it doesn’t work out? What if he does upset the chemistry of the team, which I don’t underestimate as an important factor? The simple answer is that you let him walk after his one-year deal is over. If more drastic means are necessary, you let him go as Bob Gainey did with Georges Laraque. This example probably didn’t go unnoticed in the league, players will have taken note. We are not hard up against the cap like the Flyers were, they were trying to waive him to get that salary off their books. We have a cushion we can play with.

I’m not advocating this, I’m not trying to form a Zherdev faction like some did with Zenon Konopka, but I am curious to hear why this wouldn’t work. Everyone talks about toughness, I think we overlook that you win games by scoring goals. I’m always eager for the Canadiens to add talent, and had been favourable to us going after Alex Tanguay and Simon Gagné.

Of course, I was one of the naifs who thought Jaromir Jagr was a worthwhile risk, that he may have changed and matured, and commented that making him an offer was a ‘no-brainer’. Mr. Gauthier obviously is more plugged in than we are and is privy to information we don’t have. Just wondering if there are other considerations that I am missing in my analysis.

———————————

• hansolo says:

You make good points. Perhaps the lack of interest in Mr. Zherdev is because of stuff like this:

That can’t be attributed to the atmosphere in Philly. Perhaps the incident was overblown, as someone quoted in the article says, perhaps not. But whispers of that sort of behavior on top of rumors about work ethic might be enough for Mr. Gauthier to pass on Mr. Zherdev. We don’t need a head case in the dressing room. As Mr. Martin said last season, it’s a privilege to play in the NHL. It’s a pity that some players with undeniable talent don’t realize that.

• Un Canadien errant says:

hansolo, thanks for providing a big big piece of the puzzle. I don’t know how I missed reading about this event. Lazy and underperforming is one thing, an incident as described in that article is an order of magnitude worse.

I understand much better now how he is not being signed by a team needing some goal scoring.

———————————

• JayBee says:

Where do you put Desharnais…who the Habs seem to be big on? He can’t center the 4th line.

• Un Canadien errant says:

I like David, I root for him to succeed. I don’t think you leave a hole in your lineup for someone to fill however, I think you amass all the talent and assets you can and let them compete for icetime and to be on the proper line combinations. If we have a surfeit of talented scorers and they get bumped down to the third and fourth line, or if we have some excess we can trade away for assets in other areas of need, that’s all for the better.

EDIT: Also, let’s factor in that some injuries will occur, there will be opportunities on the Top 6 for DD and others.

———————————

• pat s says:

errant–another softie–that’s all that montreal needs—sorry about the grammar —i check other NHL teams and their blogs and habs/in/outl has the most posts that support soft players to the point where it is getting pathetic.

• Un Canadien errant says:

Pat, I know that Mr. Zherdev is not a rough and tumble player, he’s no Shayne Corson, but he does bring a skill set. I think we view some players as ‘soft’ based on the state of refereeing in the NHL. Mr. Gainey took the ‘Virage Vitesse’ in ’09 because he believed the NHL when it stated it wanted to favour speed and skill over grabbing and slashing and goonery. Unfortunately, the NHL is regressing to the mean as was evidenced by the Bruins run to the Cup, but there is hope now the head Neanderthal Colin Campbell has been ousted. Mr. Shanahan, while not above some overly physical play during his career, has proven to be open-minded and imaginative, with his Symposium during the lockout. If the Carcillos and Marchands and Prongers are reined in this season, we might like our lineup a lot better.

———————————

• pat s says:

Point taken but there is a fan base that needs to be considered. For example, if the flyers or bruins went with the hab’s philosophy with this speed and finesse bs, they would go bankrupt. NHL hockey is the best in world b/c of the combination of grit and skill–I love watching NHL hockey and I love watching the hard hitting, and yes a NHL fight is awesome–iti s part of our game. The sooner the habs realize and accept this part the better for us fans that want them to play this style. I can tell you, that I became a habs fan in the 70s but there is no way in hell I’d be going for the habs today if they played like this in the 70s and 80s. We had Lafluer but we also had Nilan, we had Shutt but we also had Robinson, To much pretty boy hockey in Montreal right now.

• Un Canadien errant says:

I grew up with the 70′s team as well, those were great years. We did have size and skill, but what we did have were talented players like Robinson, Lapointe, Langway, Lambert, Gainey who were big and tough. The size came along with the skill. Adding guys like Lupien and Bouchard was just a final touch, and those guys took a regular shift on defence. Same with Nilan later on, the team already had size, he was the cherry on the sundae.

Today we have a smaller group of forwards, and our defenceman can skate but we don’t have any bruisers back there. I think if we added a couple of bangers we’d have mismatched parts. The skaters would fly and leave our bangers behind and wouldn’t be able to count on them for offence. Also, those guys would be defensive liabilities and take dumb penalties.

As far as protecting our players, we’d find that the Lucics and Carcillos would do what they usually do, which is pick their spot and goon the small players but avoid the tough guys. We saw how Georges Laraque would make those guys run away, but cause s*** when he was on the bench.

I think we have the team we have, and we need to continue in the direction we’re headed. If we try to keep a foot in each boat we’ll fall in the water.

As far as the fan base in American cities, people used to say the same thing in other sports. Football was supposed to be for tough guys, it was about three yards and a cloud of dust. The forward pass was going to kill the game by taking away the physical aspect. Same in basketball, where connaisseurs would argue that team zone defence was an art form, and that the three-point line would ruin basketball. None of this was true.

Hockey has a chance to be the most spectacular and fan-friendly sport. The casual fan has a much better chance of falling in love with hockey than football or baseball, hockey is easy to understand, the rules don’t dominate the game. The speed and artistry, if it was allowed to flourish, would draw in a whole lot of people that nowadays catch a Devils vs. Wild game and conclude that hockey is basically boring.

Fighting is spectacular and eye-catching, but I liken it to an automobile collision. Just because it’s spectacular and everyone slows down to watch doesn’t make it a favourable or necessary thing.

Overall, whatever fans we lose due to dialing down the violence would be made up ten times over if we allowed Ovechkin and Datsyuk to soar.

———————————

• pat s says:

point taken–lets just see what happens i guess

Alouettes–worst tackling team in the league. Back to basics, and stop with all the penalties. Callvio had his poorest start in a long time, even the defense was off tonight.

Positive points. Mc Pherson got some playing time in.

They will be better for Hamilton on Friday. Trustman won’t take mediocer play lying down.

10. petefleet says:

The site needs to have an “offensive” or “obnoxious” button for each comment. It gets pretty bad lately.

Anyway, what’s wrong the Calvillo?

***Habs Forever***

• habsfansince91 says:

got hurt in the first half

• Everlasting1 says:

Hope it’s not serious. He’s poised in shattering more QB records, and a three-peat would be sweeet.

——————————————————————-
        “God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment: “How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Psalms 82:1-2

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• HabFab says:

TSN reports eye injury with blurred vision.

11. Sal says:

Unfortunately, I’m in the 55 and over section of the pie chart. On the bright side, the 70′s was an awesome time to be a Habs fan. For those too young to remember, you missed what may have been the best era of Habs hockey period. TO sucked. Ballard would provided years of hillarious entertainment. The Goiuns were were the Habs whipping boys. Cherry’s entire career has been haunted by his failure to beat the Habs. He carries a gigantic hard on to this day. Problem is, CBC gives the goofball a platform to spread his hate!!Sorry bout that, I digress. You get the point. So many great players. The Flower was king!

Just thought, given my place in the pie chart, that I’d reminisce.

Sal from the Hammer

• Habies says:

Greetings from the Monsoon of Myanmar/Burma.
      Finally, a post with some history and weight to it—- these seem to be dissipating on this board. It’s increasinly evident that there’s a lack of appreciation for these types of posts as no one replied before me– and for heavens sake, I’m 32 and sitting in steamy Yangon with sweat dripping from my forearms while typing through a plastic sheet on my laptop through an internet proxy portal to just access this site.
      Anyway, thanks for keeping it real, I wish I coulda seen those days – or at least have read more appreciation from them from the masses.
      Best,
      Matthew-

12. cuzzie says:

Ages 35-44 48%, 45-54 6%, doesn’t make sense.

Stay Thirsty My Friends!

13. HabsFanNorway says:

I wanna thank all the Habs fans for their kind words under my post here on friday. Please join the norwegian hand chain against terrorism. Over 400.000 people have joined all over the world. I would love to see some canadien flags there!

Select the english flag up in the right corner.

• hansolo says:

HFN:

Please know we still grieve with you and the Norwegian people over this barbarous act. I lived through the FLQ crisis in 1970 and remember vividly how horrified I was then that terrorism (we really didn’t have a word for it in those days) could be found in my backyard. All civilized people have to come together at times like this, if only to show the extremists they can’t win.

It’s also important when we hear about terrorist acts not to immediately assume, before we know the facts of the case, that a particular ethnic or religious group must have been responsible. What also disturbed me on Friday was a comment made on this site that basically said: “All over a cartoon?” I can only assume someone thought this attack was in response to the controversial drawings of the Prophet Muhammad made in another Scandinavian country. I’m glad a law enforcement official in Norway quickly said this was your Oklahoma City bombing and not your 9/11 — not that that does anything to alleviate the pain and horror we all (but especially you in Norway) feel.

Rest assured I will visit that site.

• HabsFanNorway says:

I agree with you. Many people were wrong and blamed muslims. You are 100% right. This was our Oklahoma bombing in an even bigger scale. The largest amout of people killed by one man since WW2.

Thank you for your support!

• Everlasting1 says:

The Oklahoma City bombing killed 168. And it’s NEVER a lone perpetrator/gunman responsible in such attacks.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• hansolo says:

Whatever the numbers, both incidents were horrible. What is particularly heinous about this is how the gunman, disguised as a policeman(!), lured young people (kids!) to him by calliing out to them. They went to him thinking they would be safe. How twisted and deranged he must be…yet there are still lots of people like that walking around everywhere.

I am the father of 2 20-somethings and a 19 year old. If I lived in Norway, my oldest daughter could have been on that island, because she’s passionate about her politics and would have been drawn to events like that. It’s that type of connection that binds me to people who otherwise would be anonymous to me.

Puts our sometimes heated discussions on this forum in perspective, eh?

• Everlasting1 says:

A disturbing gutless massacre no doubt, but there is more going on than what is being reported.

——————————————————————-

“We don’t see things as they are, but as we are.” – Anais Nin

• habitual says:

I’m in, Norway. The silver lining in this atrocity is the strength through grace that Norwegians are demonstrating.

In solidarity.

• kempie says:

I visited and added myself & my wife & son. It doesn’t surprise but disappoints and saddens me that people would make such an ignorant assumption regarding the terrorist’s ethnicity and motives. I can’t imagine what you’re going through but I hope that you feel some solidarity with the folks on this forum and from around the world, and I hope it helps a little.

• Big Bird says:

I’d like to thank you, Kempie and HabsFanNorway for your comments especially in regards to jumping to conclusions with regards to a particular ethnic or religious group. I haven’t commented in here in a while but your posts (albeit non-hockey related) struck a chord. Thank you.

• Goderichab says:

Already done..should be a flag there now

I remember the dynasties…

• Peter Young says:

Both I and my girlfriend here in Los Angeles have signed on. Condolences to the people of Norway, particularly the victims and their families, and solidarity with all victims of terrorism everywhere.

• Clay says:

Thanks for the link, and condolences in this time of grief. Shocking events…

__________________________
      Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

Winston Churchill

14. Un Canadien errant says:

There has been some mention of Nikolay Zherdev as someone the Canadiens should target. Noted John Tortorella friend Larry Brooks doesn’t think much of Mr. Zherdev. Here is what ‘Brooksie’ has to say on the subject:

“I started to read an item the other day about what I thought was the best remaining free agents under 30 still on the market, but then I saw Nikolay Zherdev’s name and realized I must have misread the headline.”

———————————

That 1st pie is a farce. It adds up to 101%. Pfffft. Amateurs.

16. VancouverHab says:

I am mildly taken aback by the small percentage of members here who are in my own seasoned age bracket of 45-54.

That does of course explain why although I am right in my positions, so few people agree with me: those many younger than I are too immature and those elder are too doddering.

17. FishOutOfWater says:

celebrate DMX is free!!

Stop Drop Shut em down open up shop

thats how ruff ryders roll

18. cuzzie says:

A more realistic profile of HIO posters should include Cup and Helmet size.

Stay Thirsty My Friends!

19. Goderichab says:

As many of hio posts are copied from the Gazette, it does not take a rocket scientist to see that “regulars” will overstay their welcome here as the Gazette now limits the visits to their site without subscribing…?
    As someone in Southwestern Ontario, I really don’t need to subscribe save for the Hab’s news. I can get this at hio but after clicking on the article, I get this green and white blob asking me to subsribe.
    Will this be altered at hio when the season starts?
    Help. I need “enbiased” (?) Habs reporting.
    Please!

I remember the dynasties…

• db says:

Once the text has loaded on the page, just hit the Escape button. It will stop loading the page and the script that puts that pop up there. Read your articles and enjoy!

I still can’t believe this still works… for every canada.com newspaper! It’s amazing Boone et al get paid at all!

20. HabFanSince72 says:

If you want to know how the gazette collects the demographic information, they are using Google Analytics. Most websites use this. It works in part by putting a cookie on your computer and collecting information about your browsing habits.

This explains how it works, and also how to protect your privacy if you want. One obvious source of error is that it tracks your computer, not you.

21. solomio says:

I see there was no need for a nimrod pie chart.

“I figure PG has one or 2 moves left to bring the Habs that extra step closer to perhaps being the best in the league.” – Einstein

22. DearyLeary says:

Apparently we have interest in Yashin. This also comes from Eklund’s mouth.

I’m relieved we have no interest in Yashin.

I used Bixi last night for the 1st time and I gotta say I love it. Thanks G-Man. Your hard earned tax dollars were well spent.

24. Lafrich says:

36% are women???? Not a chance.

• ProHabs says:

Last year, wasn’t 50% of the people women. So that means there is a drop in 14% of women on HIO. WHat is the cause of this. I am thinking it might be Timo’s charm.

• saskhabfan says:

Manapart was hitting on a couple of them and he got shot down big time,it made for absolute hilarious reading. Probably led to some of them leaving. Women,like men come here to discuss hockey. Not to get hit on buy some internet perv like manapart.

• HabFanSince72 says:

This is based on the 47,000 unique page visits per month, not on the minute subset of those visits that is from a contributor to the board.

• HabFab says:

Probably has more to do with whose name the internet service is in (mother,wife,girlfriend)!

25. PrimeTime says:

Surprised?? Of course….there is no basis of these stats being accurate. The measurement of readers and “hits” is easy to generate but the breakdown is hogwash! I say this strictly based on the info provided in the Commentariat profiles I’ve read. Unless random marketing surveys of an accepted sample have been conducted to formulate personal info as age, sex, and income can this info be considered accurate. I could understand if these were based on “projected” stats used from other customer surveys conducted from simillar marketing sources or surveys but then that should be declared in the publication. Any Marketing “wiz” can project income based on Age and Sex. Why not add a category of Family Size, # of Kids, etc….same calculation. All based on the premise that the Avg Age and Sex is accurate…..which I highly doubt. My guess would be the majority of the Community are 20-34 year old Males and Female only represent 10-15% of the total group.

“I took the tube back out of town
    Back to the Rollin’ Pin
    I felt a little like a dying clown
    With a streak of Rin Tin Tin

I stretched back and I hiccupped
    And looked back on my busy day
    Eleven hours in the Tin Pan
    God, there’s got to be another way

Who are you? Who, who, who, who
    Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa …
    I really want to know, who are you?”

The Who

• HabFab says:

Who the F#$! are you?

That song took on a whole new meaning in our family as I was finishing off my rendition in a bar when my eldest son’s future father in law joined us…a very nice quiet sober reserved serious gentleman!!
      Who responded with a bewildered “I’m Jim!”

• HardHabits says:

2.5M is very far from and way, way under 3M Mister Kay. Methinks you owe me two drinks instead of one. ;-)

• 24 Cups says:

A deal is deal, Dave. I will honour my bet as I am a man of my word (Just like Picard on Next Generation).

Two drinks, you say? You are always the rascal trying to push the envelope. I think one will do, especially in light of the fact that the bet was based on a long term contract being signed. Who would have thunk it.

Even so, a deal is a deal. I trust that you are still drinking Perrier.

27. Un Canadien errant says:

So we got the good news that Andrei was rehabbed and good to go, and that we had just signed him to a four-year deal, and we were all happy and cheering and laughing, crowding around him on the ice. The team feels real good, and so do I because we will be paired together this season. It’s a good match, he’ll be the puck carrier and he’s a righty, I’m lefty and I’ll cover him when he takes off. I never go much further than the opposition blue line anyway.

Last year was tough but we made it through somehow. Alain Moreau injured his knee right at the start of the season, and he tried to baby it and come back a couple of times, he played maybe five games all year, but without any success, he was not effective, and it hurt. He’s big and strong and has good offensive instincts, good in the corners, think Robert Picard if he had delivered on his promise, so it’s a huge missing piece.

So it was down to three of us on defence. Normand Chevrette is our captain and best player, he’s the tallest guy in the league but skates with elegance and deceptive speed, think Larry Robinson but with the temperament of Jean Ratelle or Jean Beliveau. He’s good defensively, but he’s so smooth that aspect of his game doesn’t really stand out, with his long reach he just pokes the puck off the opponent’s stick and he’s off skating down the ice with it. Jean Farly is his counterpart, shorter for a defenceman but he skates all day, he’s fast and smooth and effortless, think Bryan Leetch or Phil Housley. He has a wicked wrist shot and slap shot, so much so that our coach Mini tabbed him to take a couple of penalty shots during the season, even though we have some forwards with good scoring touch.

And then there’s me. I’m big and slow, kind of like Craig Ludwig but without his panache, and when I have the puck I zip it to my right where Jean or Normand can do something with it, or I bang it off the boards into the opponents’ end. This gets so predictable that whenever I do get the puck the opponent wingers skate over to the boards right away and body up on them, trying to block my flip, so once in a while I pass up the middle to a centre to keep them honest.

All season long we essentially roll with three lines and three defenceman. At first our coaches think this won’t work, that we’ll get gassed, so they put a forward on D but now we have a guy back there who doesn’t know what he’s doing, and our forward lines are all jumbled, and it’s not effective. We give up on the experimentation and find our gear. The three of us really pace ourselves, we have tonnes of ice-time so we can choose our spots to make the big hit or rush the net. The forward lines run like clockwork and Roger, the cerebral assistant coach, keeps on them to backcheck constantly to help us out. Jean and Normand Chevrette get most of the powerplay time, and I get to play almost the entire penalty kill shifts, that’s one facet of the game my ‘style’ fits well. We do surprisingly well and make it to the finals but lose against Plomberie Langlois, they just have more horses than we do.

So you can imagine how stoked we are to have Andrei back. Me and him talk about what we’ll do and decide that we’ll play our regular position, but switch up after the faceoff during power plays and he’ll play left and I’ll be on the right side, I’ll be ready for one-timers off his setups. My shot is Svobodian, with Gingras-esque accuracy, but I’ve been working on it all summer, banging pucks and tennis balls at a piece of plywood propped up against the garage door, I think I may surprise a few goalies. My dad is pissed at all the damage to the door though, I guess I missed the plywood a few times, and he yells at me pretty bad. I know Sidney Crosby didn’t get that kind of treatment for wrecking their washing machine, and Wayne’s dad used to flood a rink for him to skate on in their backyard every year, nothing was too good for him. This lack of parental support just may hamper my playing career.

Anyway, we have to stop celebrating because the season is about to start, the new Forum is packed for the first game and is rocking. We skate back to the bench and realize we kind of goofed because the doors haven’t been installed yet, we’ll need one per defenceman. The hinges are already up and I’m pretty handy with a toolbox, and I’m not on the first shift anyway, so I offer to put them up. The puck drops and I get down to business, but quickly realize that I can’t install six doors on one doorway and one set of hinges, they won’t be able to swing past each other for one, so I’m really stumped, but then realize that they’re not really doors, they’re more like tabs or toggles, we’ll flip them forward or back depending on who is on the ice, kind of like those ‘In-Out’ boards you see in offices, it’ll help us keep track. The toggles are about the size of draft beer tap handles, white with our name printed in red, and I will put them in vertical order according to our depth chart, which means I’ll be the fourth name down, but when I look up I realize Andrei is no longer on the bench, he’s on the ice, and now he just scored. Everyone is crowding around him and congratulating him. I’m a little sour that he didn’t wait for me, and that the coaches sent him out there without me, and now I’m really worried that I’ve lost my defence partner, and I’m looking at the guys on the bench to see who I’ll end up playing with, but now I wake up and I’m all wound up and it’s daylight outside anyway so I might as well get up, and can this darn season get going already? I used to dream of Elle McPherson or Marge Simpson or the breakfast waitress at the Wildwood, but this is ridiculous.

———————————

28. habs001 says:

i still think it is hard to predict what ellers potential will be….will he have any offensive upside or will he be solid 3rd liner with checking abilities that scores around 10-15 goals…he is 22 right now and the most goals he has ever scored is 18 in one year between the ages of 16-22…..i am sure there are exceptions but i would think the majority of players who had these type of scoring stats prior to the nhl just became good nhl players but with limited scoring ability….

• JayBee says:

He’s got good vision and is a good passer. Looks like he has some pretty good playmaker potential. I didn’t like what I saw from him in terms of his shot. It’s wildly inaccurate and is nothing special. I don’t see him ever scoring more than 20 goals in the NHL. Luckily he’s a centerman so scorign goals is not the most important thing. If he can consistently pot 15-20 and put up 40+ assissts then I’d be happy. I don’t think he will ever be a 1st line center though. His ceilling is 2nd line center but I think he’ll end up being a solid 3rd line centerman.

• Mark C says:

There is one important element you are not considering, that is Eller’s age relative to the average ages of each league he’s played in. Eller was 21 in the NHL, 20 in the AHL, and was 18-19 while playing the SEL. He has been one of the youngest players on his team and in his league in which of his last 4 seasons. Naturally, this age difference has depressed Eller’s stats.

• saskhabfan says:

Wasn’t it you who also said the same thing about maxpac?

29. Blab says:

Well this year I enter the stratosphere of the majority. It’s sad to think I’ll be minority in two years… Maybe by then whinging by the impatient will have ended… but probably not.
    Rant: Look what the club has become since BG and stop second guessing our recent successes and failures. Who cares why we fell apart over the past twenty years. Are you in a position to create change? Probably not.
    We’re moving forward looking back only creates derision.
    We shall overcome!!
    Hey Hickey#5, Maybe colour code posters to know their age…
    Ciao

30. HABSGUARDIANANGEL says:

who are you???

rich,, hello look at those numbers.

85% make more then 40,000
    and one out of five more then 100,000

guys buy a a bear you cheap skates.

31. filincal says:

Do the stats mean that 36% of the profiles are females? I’m glad and surprised if this is true.

32. Jon Hackett says:

Good stats, the site is getting huge.

You can tell how important the site is now because it’s a lot of peoples’ source when it comes to verifying information on the Canadiens, it’s mine, anyway.

Keep up the good work guys!

33. Mike D says:

How do you guys know the income of HIO visitors?

- Honestly yours

34. Chrisadiens says:

Not sure if its possible but, ive always wanted to see a break down of users locations. Obviously anonymous and maybe by province/state?

Chrisadiens and HabFan10912, one of the few father son tandems on HIO.

35. jon514 says:

Mmmm pie….

“Let’s be clear on the facts…”

36. G-Man says:

A look at that graph explains the difference of opinions here. HIO life as a pie chart. It must be Sunday in July.

37. GenerationYHabs says:

38. habs001 says:

ak46 is a player that will produce 20 goals a season but so far in his career he has shown he is not a clutch performer in big games…

39. Neutral says:

shiloh-Habsfan29 doesn’t have a clue what he’s posting to say AK46 is lazy. a player who averages 46-47 points a year is lazy sick post…

40. Kooch7800 says:

Your key term though is on our team. Compare his hits to power forwards in the league and he is nowhere near. Cole had a 100 hits more thank AK last season.
    It is AK’s dissapearing act that make people call him lazy similar to an Alex Kovalev. So much talent that they expect a lot more production.
    If you accept AK has a 3rd line player I think he is very useful. To me he is not consistent enough for top 6. I think he could produce just as much as he does now on the 3rd line. I would love to see Ak, Eller and DD on the wing to see what they could do. I think they could be a real third line threat

41. habitual says:

Actually, he does. AK reminds me of another Russian, Vladimir Malakov, who on one night looked like a Norris trophy winner and on another looked like an usher.

AK is lazy. Or, if you want, inconsistent, a distinction without a difference. This is the guy who got first star, three times in a row last year, and then … what? Yes, he does hit. But he is supposed to be a scorer.