What a soap opera!

Two minutes from the playoffs.

Then 1:49 of PK in overtime.

And a shootout loss.

Moulson: Goal

Max: Save

Nielsen: Goal

Cammalleri: Post

Over

1. Mr.Hazard says:

That might be it right there.

“love cannot drown truth, Nefertiti”

2. ooder says:

the habs got rid off him because otherwise it would be waaaay to unfair for the other teams

——————

“I like what I’m seeing right now,” assessed Markov. “We’re not perfect, but we’re trying to be.”

3. JD_ says:

It was my first Lloyd film.

I was an instant fan.

4. J. Ambrose says:

The boys watch the girls while the girls watch the boys who watch the girls go by
    Eye to eye, they solemnly convene to make the scene
    Which is the name of the game, watch a guy watch a dame on any street in town
    Up and down and over and across, romance is boss

Guys talk “girl talk”, it happens everywhere
    Eyes watch girls walk with tender lovin’ care

It’s keepin’ track of the fact watching them watching back
    That makes the world go ’round
    “What’s that sound?” each time you hear a loud collective sigh
    They’re making music to watch girls by

Guys talk “girl talk”, it happens everywhere
    Eyes watch girls walk with tender lovin’ care

5. J. Ambrose says:

The great Harold Lloyd defaced

“Safety Last!” One of the all-time great silent comedies. Rivals Chaplin.

6. jbroderi says:

you can give pleks 6 ill a year then if you want to

“Do the day and let the day do you” JB

7. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

BGL was on that team as well

8. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

“7. No, he can watch like Jaro did last season.”

Right, because learning from last year’s mistake would be foolish. Go Spite Go!

9. G-Man says:

1. Definite maybe. 2. None of them-everybody’s being saying all season the West is so much better, so. 3.Detroit. 4. Montreal/Chicago, but then again I’m a delusional Habs fan. 5. Habs and Wings, yum! 6. Gomez. 7. No, he can watch like Jaro did last season. 8. Gomez. 9. Both, but if I had to choose…both, eff ’em both! 10. Anything can happen- it’s the playoffs, so Yes!

10. G-Man says:

You’re going soft, Timo. I expected your response to Q2 to be: All of them!

11. andrewberkshire says:

Unfortunately one of those two murdered Edmonton’s goalie!

12. mbplekfan says:

No, Guastad is at least 2″ and 20lbs heavier. Guastad is huge, Moen is not. Dont forget Kaleta he’s pretty big too.

13. 21BIGGionta says:

Happy Birthday Ol’ Giller

“Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.” -Plante

14. Danno says:

10) Yes.

The rest are details.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

15. 21BIGGionta says:

1) Yes

2) NJ

3) Vancouver

4) Caps-Vancouver

5) Chicago

6) Ovechkin

7) Yes

8) Cammy or Gionta

9)Philly

10) ….Probably not ..i hope I’m wrong

16. Big Ted says:

1) Yes. Islanders will be tougher than people think, but if we win, I think either Phi or NYR will lose.

2) Pit. Crosby and Malkin are hard to keep down for a whole series. Was, NJ, and Buf all have bigger weaknesses that can be exploited.

3) SJ. Big team, roughed us up in the regular season. Don’t know if it matters too much, a lot can change by the finals, and that’s a big if as to whether we even have a shot.

4) Pit vs. Chi (East will come down to was or Pit, West is more wide open between Chi, SJ, Van, and possibly Det getting into the mix)

5) Pit

6) Crosby

7) Depends on how the games are lost. If he’s playing well enough then I stick with him for the home games. a series is not lost even if a team is down 2-0.

8) Gionta. He plays hard, he goes to the net more than a lot of the bigger players.

9) Boston. Keep Chara and Lucic away from our smaller players, and wow is Mark Recchi not the biggest whining douche ever. That being said, if I knew Boston was seeded behind us, I’d think they’d have a better chance of pulling off an upset than philly behind Boucher, so that might help us get a better 2nd-round matchup if we both made it through.

10) Can we? Yes. A team needs to make it through the first round and then luck, momentum, and injuries start to play a role in every team’s fortunes. So any team in the dance can win it all, but the odds are not in our favor. Realistically, I wouldn’t bet on us doing that, but it’s possible.

17. Somethingwithhabsinit says:

1) Yes. I think we win and one of Rangers or Flyers lose tonight.

2) Pens.

3) Wings.

4) My final is Habs vs. Sharks and we embarrass ’em. The final I think will happen is Pens-Wings III. Try to get me to leave my living room at any point in late June if that happens. I dare you.

5) Wings.

6) I’ll have a tough time picking between Crosby, OV and Z-berg. I think Sid wins, though.

7) Yes. If Carey drops game 3, I’d go back to Jaro.

8) Goals – Gionta (I reserve the right to change this if Cammy heals up properly/snaps out of whatever it is). Points – Gomez.

9) I’d rather see Philly miss. I don’t want the B’s getting the better draft pick.

10) Are you asking my heart or my wallet? They have conflicting opinions.

18. Chris says:

Not exactly a rare turn of phrase at this time of year.  Any team that is out of the playoff race is a “spoiler” that is dangerous because they are “playing loose”.

19. ooder says:

hey guys I am not worried about the playoffs…

we have 1/3 of Edmonton’s Stanley cup run defense corp.. MAB and Spacek

——————

20. Chris says:

I’m with you regarding Washington and Pittsburgh.  With all the slumping and walking wounded players in the Habs lineup, I simply don’t think they have anything close to the horses to get into a run-and-gun with either of those teams.  And if they try to keep it close, I think they get knocked out in 4 or 5 games.  It is just a bad match-up as far as I’m concerned.  I know a lot of Habs fans think we can hang with Washington, and last year I would have agreed.  But Ovechkin, Semin, Green and Backstrom are a year older and wiser…the talent gap is just far, far too big to see us beating that team.

I don’t like the idea of New Jersey or Buffalo either, but those are definitely more palatable.  New Jersey also struggles to score and Martin Brodeur has not been himself the past two playoff years.  Keep Parise, Zajac and Langenbrunner in check, and they stand a good chance against New Jersey.

Buffalo is very well coached, almost never take a shift off and have a great goaltender who can steal a series.  Ryan Miller has come back to earth post-Olympics, but he can still turn it on at the drop of a hat.  Vanek has had an off-year, but could still be a difference maker in the playoffs.  I think Montreal CAN beat them in the playoffs, but it will require that the team really minimize its mistakes while taking full advantage of the few mistakes that the Sabres will make.

21. forskis says:

1)  I think the team will clinch tonight;

2)  Pittsburgh…the paranoid fanbase of the Habs vs. the NHL establishment, their #1 Star and golden franchise?  I don’t think so…;

3)  Detroit…Original Six matchup…brings up the ghosts of yesteryear;

4)  Washington vs. Chicago;

5)  Washington;

6)  Backstrom of WSH;

7)  Yes…when down 2-0 do something…;

8)  No one…it will be spread out quite evenly;

9)  Philly…karma;

10)  Sure why not, stuff happens all the time…goaltending wins Championships and the team has that in spades…it would not be pretty though…it would be Friday’s Philly game for 16 wins over the next two months…

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

22. habs_1993 says:

1) For sho!

2) New Jersey (seemed hard to beat throughout regular season

3) San Jose or Chicago

4) I would like: Habs vs. Kings (1993 again P: ) Realistic: Caps vs Hawks

5) Washington

6) Ovie

7) Depends on how Halak plays…..if he plays pretty soft…then yes

8) Gionta

9) Boston

10) Lets hope for the best

23. Smiss says:

1) No, I think NYR and PHI will both win as will the Habs.

2) New Jersey (I think we match up better against Washington)

3) Detroit (hottest team in the league, they’re healthy, and Howard >>>>> Osgood)

4) Detroit-Washington

5) Washington (They should go at least 3 rounds, and they’ll be more offensively productive in 3 rounds than most teams that go 4)

6) Ovechkin

7) Yes, depending on whether Jaro could of done better or not.

8) Gomez (Kinda going out on a limb here)

9) Philly (they’ll be more hungry to overpay for one of our goalies… and Boston has enough high draft picks as is)

10) Hehehe… ABSO-F**KING-LUTELY! Do I think we will? Of course not… but get our PP, Cammy and Pouliot back on track and we are a dangerous team IMO.

24. Smiss says:

Moen matches up pretty well with Gaustad does he not?

25. fuhgawz says:

from main page ……

some questions :

1) Do we clinch tonight?

2) Team in the East you fear to face the most?

3) Team in the West you fear to face to most?

4) Who is in your Stanley Cup final this season?

5) Your in a hockey draft what team are you loading up on?

6) Who is your top pick of the playoff draft?

7) Jaro starts the playoffs IF he loses the first 2 games do you go to Carey?

8) Who will lead our team in scoring during the playoffs?

9) Team you would like to see miss the playoffs the most Philly or Boston?

10) Can we win it all?

26. likehoy says:

well there’s the end of the game…4 goals for leo messi! barca will be stopped eventually

– Team Halak V.S. Team Price…Montreal Canadiens Fans are similar to 14 year-old Girls going through Puberty.

27. The Teacher says:

Gaustad definitely makes his presence felt in most games.