Tougher match-up for the Canadiens?

Philadelphia.

No doubt about it.

Bigger than Boston, way tougher, more scorers, better D, led by Pronger … and riding an amazing wave if they come back from 0-3.

Which I think they’re gonna do.

•  •  •

Fun question:

With which player(s) and/or member(s) of the coaching staff would you like to be watching the game tonight?

For me, Cammalleri, Gorges and Jacques Martin.

1. CharlieHodgeFan says:

What are you doing that you have to constantly repeat your worry about something collapsing?

2. HabsFanInVictoria says:

Add this to the many moronic comments you make.

3. zozotheclown says:

Is Philly this bad or Boston that good when facing elimination. I’m a little worried, but the Flyers look awful, probably thought forcing game 7 was enough, and Leighton does not look good. Time to book tickets to Boston, unless of course they blow a 3-0 series lead and 3-0 game 7 lead, that would be EPIC.

4. Tis Himself says:

They’ll have to double shift Begin for it to happen.

5. Tis Himself says:

That was a softie!!!

6. Danno says:

Like I said, we’re heading to Boston.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

7. Tis Himself says:

I have no doubt that Ryder will have a good game this evening. The real question is whether Steve Begin can neutralize it and then some like he did when the Habs played the Leafs in the final game of the ’07-08 campaign?

8. zozotheclown says:

A defensive team that wins with special teams and goaltending, sounds familiar…. Boston does look great playing with desperation though.

9. Danno says:

We’re heading to Boston.

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

10. WarHero says:

Perfect 🙂 Let’s hope we get a few key injuries 🙂 Nothing to serious … just enough to mis about 4 games or so, lol

————————————————————————

11. zozotheclown says:

Important first goal, if we play Boston are we the favorites? That would be new for an 8th place team.

12. Tis Himself says:

I still like Ryder!

13. Danno says:

Pounding each other!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

14. AH says:

For me, PK, Cammi, Gomez, Jaro, Moen and Muller. Totally agree with you Boone, as I posted on the other page; Pronger, Carcillo, Richards, Hartnell, Briere and Gagne = YIKES!! Bring on the Bruins, please!

15. HabsRadio says:

For me it would have to be PK, Gill, and Gomez – all three seem to be a riot.

Killing In The Name Of Gary Bettman! http://www.HabsRadio.com

===========================================================================
    Check out http://www.HabsRadio.com for a fresh take on all things Habs. Blogs, Discussions, and of course, the Podcast!

16. Xtrahabsfan says:

I want to see Subban kick Prongers ass,yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. CHsam says:

I’d watch with Guy Boucher and ask him to do running commentary

18. Treefingers says:

Go Bruins

19. dysonsphere says:

Sure, I will go along with that. Philadelphia is the more worthy opponent.

Bring them on.

As for the fun question:

Muller, Subban, Cammalleri

20. WarHero says:

Boston or Philly? hmmm …. Either is going to be tough (tonights game is going be quite rough I think) but if I had to choose, I would say the Bruins would be the tougher challenge due to goal tending. Add in the rivalry and it being an original six match-up on top of that and you have what could be a great series 🙂

My 3 would be:

Cammy, Gionta and Gill

If I could have a fourth, Muller would be the guy.

————————————————————————

21. Big Ted says:

Would rather face the Bruins but it’s not like we’ve had our choice of opponents all playoffs long so we’ll deal with whoever we get. If it’s the B’s, the game plan should be to exploit the D. If it’s the Flyers, it’ll be to get them to take bad penalties and pressure Leighton.

For me, game would have to be PK for his enthusiasm, Gill for his humor, Spacek for the entertainment value, and Lapierre for his candor. Who else looks surprised to score a goal? I imagine he’d tell it like it is about the refs and the Bruins/Flyers players.