Of course it is.
But your Montreal Canadiens have lost six of their seven preseason games, the latest L a shutout in their own, increasingly restive barn.
The Canadiens have been outscored 28-14.
Backup goaltender Peter Budaj has not impressed.
The defence is a bit of a shambles … and Don Meehan, Andrei Markov’s agent, confirmed after the game his client will see doctors on Friday to assess the progress of his recovery from knee surgery that took place 10 months ago.
The Canadiens Top 6 looks set.
The Bottom 6 is still a scramble, with the picture clouded by injuries to Lars Eller (who will not play in the season opener), Ryan White and Travis Moen.
Scott Gomez and Erik Cole each had four SoG in the 4-0 loss to Tampa Bay.
The power play had its moments but took another 0-for … including a first-period 5-on-3 that lasted almost two minutes.
• Andreas Engqvist centred the fourth line, went 5-4 on faceoffs
• Meehan thought his other Russian D-man client, Alexei Yemelin, played OK. But the agent may be a tad biased. Yemelin played almost 21 minutes, paired with P.K., and had five hits to lead both teams.
• Josh Gorges survived a scary moment when his foot was pinned and Ryan Shannon fell on his surgically-repaired knee. No damage, but Gorges will continue to wear a brace.
• As Jacques Martin juggles players to find a third line that can score – a necessity in today’s NHL – David Desharnais and Andrei Kostitsyn were minus-3 and Brendan Gallagher may have punched his ticket for Vancouver … though there will be no cuts till Friday, if then.
• P.K. Subban played 23:46 and thrilled his adoring Bell Centre public again. But P.K. was minus-2 and made too many individualistic plays on the PP.
• Raphael Diaz and Chris Campoli were the only D-men who were not on for any of TB’s four goals.
• Trailing 3-0, the Canadiens had two shots on Dwayne Roloson (who turns 42 in 11 days) in the third period.
• MAB played almost 20 minutes and was plus-2. And Tom Pyatt nearly scored.
Martin said the Canadiens have “a week to go and a lot of work to do.”
When the coach alluded to “many aspects that need correction”, he declined to offer specifics beyond the Canadiens” “work ethic … and several other areas I’ll discuss with them.”