They never quit

Furious third-period action.

But Craig Anderson stood tall.

1. showey47 says:

I hope boudreau makes it till after our game against them anyway.

2. petrov14 says:

Both teams retired #33…

______________________________________ Long live Captain Gionta.

3. andrewberkshire says:

Suit yourself. He’s listed as what I said on hockeydb.

4. Ed says:

I hope that Boone is listening. O’Byrne is actually 2nd in both categories. Maybe Boone meant that O’Byrne was 1st in hits & blocked shots per game.

5. Bill says:

I haven’t measured him myself, but he’s listed at 5’11, 179 on canadiens.com, which I assume is a reliable source for information on the Canadiens. In the Q, 15 goals in 31 games is actually merely decent for an NHL prospect. I don’t think calling him a “middle grade prospect” is being negative, but perhaps the difference is in what we consider “blue chip” to mean. To me it means something more than a definite NHL player. And unless either of us has a crystal ball, neither of us knows he’s a “definite” NHL player. There are probably lots of guys who had a resume like Bournival’s who never made the NHL. And you’re right, I refuse to develop huge expectations for major junior prospects, because most never make it and I do not like disappointment.

Full Breezer 4 Life

6. punkster says:

Now THIS is a compelling piece of info.

***Subbang!!!***

7. Hockey Socks says:

Habs will dominate tonight.

8. Castor says:

It was an apparent failed attempt at sarcasm.

5-1-1 would be freaking nice. I’m kind of guessing something like 4-2-1…

But let’s hope it’s 7 and 0!

9. B says:

JM Liles leads Colorado in

blocked shots

and Cody Mcleod leads Colorado in

hits.

10. andrewberkshire says:

I don’t think Boudreau will last much longer. Fired right after the Winter Classic I expect.

11. andrewberkshire says:

Bournival is 6′, 187lbs at 18, so he isn’t small. 3rd round in the deepest draft since 2003. 15 goals in 31 games, captain of his team at 18 is merely decent? Sounds pretty good to me. Defensive stud in that league as well. At 18 he was the final cut from the Canadian WJC squad for a tournament of 19 year olds. These are all solid signs that Bournival is a very damn good prospect. Maybe you’d prefer to temper your own expectations by being negative for no reason, but blue chipper to me means a definite NHLer, and from what I’ve seen of Bournival, that’s what he is.

12. C3P1 says:

I think they’re past that…but boudreau also is trying to lose, starting the same goalie that cost them the game last night in the 2nd game of a back to back lol

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

13. yathehabsrule says:

Both teams playing game number 33.

Hmmm who do we all know who wore that sweater for both clubs??

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

14. andrewberkshire says:

If the Caps lose to Ottawa tonight, they really suck.

15. OneTimer says:

you’re using the word “fan” loosely

16. Castor says:

Why so negative?

17. Habnofear says:

And how long will Hamrlik and Spacek (who has had many a bad games) play for the Habs at their age ? And how tired will they be at seasons end! And can Spacek even defend himself  or others…no I think not Mr Berkshire.

18. Habnofear says:

And how much are the contracts of Hammer and Spatch  per  7 or 8 million combined…..

19. Propwash says:

Wasn’t too long ago that everyone wanted him gone.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

20. BeachHabFan says:

i liked o’b, particularly the fact it gave us another set of knuckles besides moen. i wish he had subbed in a few more times and really wanted to see him in the conference finals last year vs philly. that said i’m sure playing with Liles isn’t hurting his performance and +/- (see: komisarek, michael, paired previously with markov, andrei) so no point rehashing it. i hope gauthier is planning on using the cap space he gained from the trade to acquire someone sturdy to back up moen (and cammy!) on bulk up our d.

“We need a goal – get me Gigomax!” – Jacques Martin

21. Bill says:

“blue chip prospect” is to retain any meaning at all, then it cannot be used to describe small centres drafted in the third round putting up merely decent stats in a soft league like the Q. Carey Price was a blue chipper. Bournival is a middle-grade prospect, maybe.

Full Breezer 4 Life

22. Mike MacPhee says:

And a Patriots win as well.  Enjoy

23. Mike MacPhee says:

Mr. Boone;

Soory my friend, but it is a sweet day when the Steelers lose.  Only sweeter – a Habs win.

CHeers!

24. punkster says:

It’s all part of a two stage disease common to the this region.

• Stage 1 is Wishwehadaphobia. Common symptons include whining and complaining prefaced by the phrase, “I wish we had (fill in name of player here)”. The player in question is usually an untouchable on some other team, in the middle of a long term deal, way beyond our Cap capabilities, whose best days are behind him or simply a plain dumb idea to begin with.
    • Stage 2 is Wishwehadntaphobia. Common symptoms include even more whining and complaining prefaced by the phrase “I wish we hadn’t got rid of (fill in name of player here)”. This player is usually some washed up, penalty magnet, over-the-hill, Cap sucking has-been or again simply a plain dumb idea to begin with.

***Subbang!!!***

25. Habnofear says:

The real question is WHY DIDN’T HE have a spot on the Habs and why couldn’t we have kept him for next year?

26. Habnofear says:

I’m glade you agree:)

27. Habnofear says:

Vick wants a dog! Unfreakingbelievable……………

28. Habnofear says:

Love Markov….but we all knew he was gonna get hurt.It’s like clock work!

29. andrewberkshire says:

You wanted O’Byrne to be the second line center? Just kidding Timo, I get you, but he wasn’t going to break into our top 6. And Bournival looks damn good.