The reverse-jinx is alive!

And your Montreal Canadiens beat a very good hockey team.

300 ws for Vigneault?

Not in this house. Amazing

1. Antho says:

We made it to the final four last year because of goaltending. These steal years come up everywhere;

Tampa winning the cup with khabi’s breakout year

Carolina with Cam Ward

I thought the canadiens were gonna steal with Halak

But in all fairness Washington could have easily put us away

2. king ddd says:

imo.. nucks are an overrated team with an overrated goalie. now the the question i wanted to ask. what happened to ERIC DAZE? last time i saw him play hockey he was named all star MVP. i always wanted him to play for the habs. Suddenly he disappeard. What happened to him?

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

3. matraque says:

Eller is now on the 4th line.

How about sending him to Hamilton… In the meantime, one guy is shining in St-Louis.

Deharnais is now at 15 points in 11 games i think.  Let’s call him up!

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

4. ZepFan2 says:

Well “baked Alaskan” equates to Sarah Palin for me.

I agree 100%. She’s definitely cringe-worthy.

————————————————————————

“Young people have seen that a team can play electrifying, fascinating hockey while still behaving like gentlemen.”

~Serge Savard~

The beta version of Line Scrambler v 3.0 is out, apparently it fixed the bug that kept Gomez and Gionta together. But you did miss Cammy-Gomez-Gionta.

6. fuhgawz says:

the media whore – any mention of her name makes me cringe

7. Castor says:

Though I have little hope for a win tonight, for goodness sake, we made it to the FINAL FOUR last year. And we finished 1st in the east three years ago. The team hasn’t gotten to the promise land since 93 sure but the last few years have had some good teams. Give some credit.

8. JohnnyCtheGreek says:

Ladies, size doesnt matter….Boone i thought you might enjoy this article that was in my city’s paper….YUP ROCHESTER, NY. http://rocnow.com/article/sports/2010101109006

GO HABS GO!!!!!

9. LizardKing1967 says:

two points….

1) Sign Bill Guerin at 500K

2) Habs did fine in the playoffs against the “top contenders” They’ll be fine tonight.

Jim-out. I BELIEVE!

10. G-Man says:

Had to laugh at the 7-0 for the Habs tonight after all that. Habs fans are schizophrenic.

11. ZepFan2 says:

What about Sarah Palin?

————————————————————————

~Serge Savard~

12. StevieRay says:

SHG line ….. slow….hesitant….gastritis

13. StevieRay says:

TSN2 in the Maritimes .. I think they’re carrying about 25 weekday games …GREAT !

14. Xtrahabsfan says:

What will it take to make a team run by ego maniacs  better? A couple of BIG TIME A$$ KICKINGS….Shame on C.H.owners and managment for not having the long term vision on building a way BIGGER Canadiens team (Ya skate faster and no one big avalible while they trade World best for nada!)And shame on them not to learn how important a Big Solid Defence is a must in the N.H.L. And Shame on them for letting a COACH like Boucher take off for Tampa. And shame on the Habs for the last 19 YEARS OF BLAH! And tonights score: Montreal 7-Vancouver 0…Go Habs

15. kirbhabs says:

Admitedly true about Pronger… though he tends to be an anomaly… and for what ever reason is allowed to get away with it.

I would like to see Gill more aggressive too, but really. He is tall and lanky, and not in his nature… so not going to change now.

16. Antho says:

I think carbozo gave JM his 4 combination locks to make the lineups xD

Does anyone remember how good moen-lapierre-pyatt was last year?

Vancouver’s game plan is going to be simple; get two guys in front of Price because Gill/Georges will not clear them and fire pucks at the net-its what 90% of the teams do against us. Anyone notice Gill was on for all goals last game?

Except tonights game is going to be physical and fast paced lookin forward to it!

17. StevieRay says:

Baked Alaskan !

18. Just A Guy says:

you forget which line he got promoted to.

huzzah!

19. cameronwalker89 says:

We have to get both LAPS, GOMER and GIO out of their slumps. So im all for shaking things up. But, once we find that winning combination god help Martin if he shakes it up again. (CARBO)

“The day you hear someone call me captain will be the day I buy a boat.”
    -The Flower

20. avatar_58 says:

Hopefully there’s more scoring and less “Gomezing” of the puck (backpass to no one)

21. mbplekfan says:

Lapierre’s reward for being terrible is a promotion. Funny how that works…

22. gmd says:

If you’re in BC it’s on Sportsnet Pacific.

23. cameronwalker89 says:

Out west here its on Sportsnet Pacific.

“The day you hear someone call me captain will be the day I buy a boat.”
    -The Flower

24. ZepFan2 says:

Apple or cherry?

Gotta go with the cherry.

————————————————————————

~Serge Savard~

25. Propwash says:

3-1 Habs. Thats my prediction.

26. fuhgawz says:

throw in a turn over or two as well

27. JIMVINNY says:

You mean a 3 on 1 the other way.

28. fuhgawz says:

is this game on TV anywhere other then RDS?? i can’t believe with the bulk of the Canadian teams playing tonight TSN is showing the Caps VS Rangers game absolutly stupid.

29. Antho says:

He should put spacek and hamrlik centered by Gomez ;)

There is a line making over 15 mil =)

30. Mr.Hazard says:

Sounds like downgoesbrown material.

31. StevieRay says:

I’m going out on a limb for tonite’s game and predicting …. ..Gomez won’t score

32. MikeMcLaren says:

Apparently Jacques Martin has picked up Guy Carbonneau’s coaching software: Line Scrambler v 2.0

How many combinations have we seen with the Gomez line this year?  Are there one of those microstat sites that keeps track of this kind of thing?  I really don’t even think I can do these by memory

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
    Moen-Gomez-Gionta
    Pyatt-Gomez-Gionta
    Darche-Gomez-Gionta
    Kostitsyn-Gomez-Gionta
    Boyd-Gomez-Gionta

Of all of these, there’s a glaring omission, unless I just missed it.

Why not try Eller-Gomez-Gionta?

33. Xtrahabsfan says:

Its not Gionta’s size …it the team Munckin problem and soft play.

34. Antho says:

I just hope the three goals are scored in the first period so they can actually play a game with a comfortable lead instead of waiting until half way through the second to start playing

35. Antho says:

Your points are solid but I still think they need to allow price to see shots.

They cant execute transition all the time because Hamr, Spak, and Gill cant make an outlet pass

When pucks get by Pronger and create rebounds, the guy looking for the rebound is face first on the ice before he can even wind up; here in montreal the same guy gets 2-3 chances wacking at the puck.

Gill is 8ft, he should be smashing people in front of price instead of standing in front like a pylon with a stick taped to it

36. Castor says:

I’ll be watching from the space between my fingers…on my hands covering my face.

37. habsforthecup says:

LOL i agree. THAT would be fair!
    – A

38. makka83 says:

you mean that pre-season is not enough to prove himself?

39. TripleX says:

I might volunteer to “accidentally” push him off.  LOL

The key to stopping the Canucks is to neutralize the Sedin twins, probably two of the best a cycling the puck down low.  Since JM has last change what will he do as part of his strategy to slow them down.  Chicago used big physical forwards to pound them in the playoffs.  Who do the Habs have?  Moen?

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

40. C3P1 says:

not having markov on the first power play is just stupid.  I don’t care how “badly” he’s playing, fact is andrei markov at 80% is a hell of a lot better than spacek at full strength.  The guy has averaged like .7 points per game in his career, with almost 70% of those points coming on the power play, and JM takes him off in? wtf is wrong with him? markov is one of the best power play quarterbacks in the league, period.  JM should go to the victoria bridge and jump off after that decision. mercy.

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

41. Harani says:

Cammi – Pleks – Kostitsyn but nvm mind these line. Renaud Lavoie says JM is back to the line from yesterday! YUCK!

“It must be love!”

42. Mr.Hazard says:

I agree with all of that.

Somehow, Halak always manages to excel in the statistical department. Playing behind the same team as Price last year, his stats were superior, and playing behind a completely different team this season, he is top 5 in every category. He even had impressive stats in junior.

As long as Price gets the job done, I’m satisfied. But the stats thing is peculiar.

43. TripleX says:

Mike Gillis the GM of the Canucks is now officially on Twitter.

@GMMIKEGILLIS

Somehow not holding my breath for JM or PG to go on Twitter.  :)

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

44. kirbhabs says:

Few Points.

1. Comments about our D can not clear the front of our net is a old concpet, this is the old NHL. Today all teams leave guys infront of their net due to it is a sure penalty.  It is likely correct that our D would not be able to clear the net if it were 5 years ago, but this is not a job criteria anymore.  Blocking shots and quick transition is… which is what we have.

2. To the point of 1, why do we not have a big Fwd able to go to front of the net?  We could easily be getting dirty goals… Gionta can not be the guy, goalies litterly look over him and he scores from 8-12 feet out… so do not put him there.  What about Schultz… could he have enough speed and talent to play up from for the 2nd line.  I really hope Laps has given up on him being the play maker… he could easily be the ugly man in front of the net, defelctions and dirty goals.

3. Our team gets pushed to the outside when we play Philly, Boston… and surprising Ott the other night.  But when it is speed against speed… we do well.  IE Was, Pits…. and hopefully VAN.  We have a good chance tonight, Van is not use to another team being able to skate with them or having speed sent upon them.  Should be interesting.

4.  I am living in Van and am going to get it tomorrow if our HABS do not pull off a win… so bring it tonight boys!!!

45. 21BIGGionta says:

I’m excited for this game tonight! Is it just me or has the last couple of games been really boring?

46. MikeMcLaren says:

I’d love to see what those notes are… would be a great satire piece for someone to do – Jacques Martin’s notebook retrieved from the Bell Centre trash.

47. SeriousFan09 says:

Never surprised by the Finnish Flash.

Thing is Guerin has been notably declining, the only thing holding Selanne back in his career has been health. He’d be in the Top 4 of all-time goal scoring if he hadn’t had knee issues in the first half of the decade that slowed him down. Right after knee surgery and rehab, he had 88 goals in his first two post-lockout seasons.

48. MikeMcLaren says:

When you say you’re not a fan of splitting our number one line do you mean Cammi-Pleks-Kostitsyn or Pouliot, Halpern, Darche? :)

49. matraque says:

Are you comparing the 2?

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

50. Ayan_SB says:

For some reason, I can’t imagine Lidstrom wasting his time on Twitter.

51. Ayan_SB says:

Crosby scored 51 goals last year to make for Guerin’s ineffiency. Who’s next, Chelios?

52. matraque says:

Nothing can beat a “ET LE BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Habs english coverage is horrible.

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

53. MikeMcLaren says:

Well, Teemu Selanne’s fifth in NHL scoring right now.

Did anyone think he had that in him prior to this season?  I took him in the 10th round in my hockey pool (and was subsequently arrested for theft!)

54. MikeMcLaren says:

Is Roberto Luongo an elite level goalie?

Is Tim Thomas?

55. Harani says:

Lines from practice (kind of makes sense although I’m not a fan of splitting our number one line)

Cammi – Pleks – Gionta

Brother Andrei – Gomez – Pouliot

Darche – Halpern – Lapierre

Moen – Eller – Pyatt

Markov – PK (LIKE)

Hammr – spacek

Gill – Gorges

56. MikeMcLaren says:

But as told to Don and EJ on today’s NHL Live, the best part of that for Bissonnette is that Lidstrom came up to him during the game or warmups and said, “Hey, I’m a big fan of your tweets, read them all the time.”

Paul Bissonnette says that’s the highlight of his career.

The guy’s just money.

BOOM

57. matraque says:

Signing Guerin is ridiculous…

He’s tired and cannot play anymore.

——

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

58. Jordio-oh says:

haha oh man, WHAT was he thinking?

I’m not sure if my friends and I have yelled louder at the tv all season (except for when the habs score).

59. Ayan_SB says:

“Pulling a Gomez” can also stand for having a breakaway opportunity and slowing down and turning it into a two-on-two.

60. Ayan_SB says:

I still have an Eric Daze McDonald’s hockey card, along with one of former Vezina winner Jim Carey.

Eric Daze bio on Wikipedia: Unfortunately, Daze ran into severe back problems during his career, which limited him to only 19 games in the 2003–04 NHL season. Even after three herniated disc surgeries in a five-year span, pain was still a problem in Daze’s back when he attempted to return to the Blackhawks in 2005.
    He quietly left professional hockey after playing a single period in
    the season opener for the Blackhawks that season. On March 20, 2010,
    Daze officially announced his retirement on the Comcast Sportsnet
    pregame show before the Hawks game.

61. Ayan_SB says:

I wish Stephane Auger was refereeing the game as well, then at least we’d have some kind of balance.

62. Ayan_SB says:

Speaking of Biz Nasty, he recently pulled a hilarious prank on Oliver Ekman-Larsson, his rookie teammate, and a very promising defenseman I might add. The Coyotes were playing in Detroit, and Bissonnette txted OEL (in Swedish) pretending to be none other than Nicklas Lidstrom, asking him if he wanted to hang out after the game. The rookie wrote back saying that Lidstrom is his idol and he would love to. Eventually he caught on to the fact that Biz Nasty was just yanking his chain.

63. SeriousFan09 says:

Best voting campaign ever, I can’t wait for some new YouTube attack ads.

64. Hockey Socks says:

I guess the prevailing feeling amongst most of us is that he hasn’t exactly had a very fair chance to try and prove himself at the NHL level. But I’m also in the camp that has very low expectations for Desharnais.

65. Antho says:

They do block shots don’t get me wrong but they also have a hard time clearing guys in front and also screen him themselves at times.

If you look at some of the goals scored on Price, there awful and all the teams are doing this.

JM just sits and makes notes instead of countering the other teams game plan. Teams always work back pucks to the points and there shots always find a way of making it to the net no matter how many ankles or earlobes the puck hits

66. Shiloh says:

I’m expecting a better game from Les Boys tonight. When a team wants to skate with us we get chances. When a team plays a smothering style we just spin our wheels. I think we’ll pop a few early and then it will be up to Price to bar the door. He’s playing much better this year – not yet up to the level of elite goalies like Halak, but well enough. He needs to steal a few for us.

67. kempie says:

It’s gonna be a long night.

68. Sakus Evil Twin says:

At what point point do you think people will realise that Deharnais will have a great AHL career and that the NHL just isn’t his bag.

No answers, just opinions. Bite me. Och.

69. andrewberkshire says:

70. Sakus Evil Twin says:

I’d settle for some genuine north/south play from Gomez. And that other thing…

A shot or two.

If Max is prepared to get his hands dirty and to stick his nose into the uglier areas that line is capable of doing something…

No answers, just opinions. Bite me. Och.

71. Bill says:

I’ll wait to see how the Habs match up against a serious contender before I shovel the dirt on. But obviously, their offense is weak, and three losses in four games suggests that other teams have adopted the predictable “stop the 1st line” strategy.

This would be a great time for Gionta to score a hat-trick and for Gomez to put up some good assists, to again state the obvious.

And regarding Price, I am happy so long as he’s allowing fewer softies, even if his stats aren’t as good as other years.

Full Breezer 4 Life

72. sholi2000.com says:

Any game day is a Great day!!!!

Go Habs Go

73. StevieRay says:

I check some stats yesterday at it shows Pricey as having faced 358 shots to date … 7th highest in the league … he’s a busy boy but playing great !

74. MikeMcLaren says:

As long as Paul Bissonnette is voted in as a starter, everything else is gravy. #VoteBizNasty!

75. Top Corner says:

ha ha ha , a blast from the past indeed, i forgot all about that guy  ….

76. MikeMcLaren says:

And Roberto Luongo has four games where he let in 4 or more goals.

Carey Price has none.

What’s your point?  If Price runs off 10 wins in a row are those disqualified from any discussion because they were consecutive?

What an odd statement.

77. TripleX says:

Why do I get the feeling the Habs are sitting on a 1-0 lead in the first period?????

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

78. Keith says:

WOW! A pp goal!!! Hamrtime!

79. habaholic68NJ says:

predictable late BS call

80. likehoy says:

lets trade spacek for goalie equpiment…cause price is going to need a new set with all the times he’s bailed him out

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

81. TomNickle says:

Good for Roman.

He was playing well enough without scoring, his best game of the year so far I think, nice bonus with the goal.

82. andrewberkshire says:

Too bad this wasn’t the game you saw live!

83. sholi2000.com says:

I know.  I had more fun a the pre game skate watching Carey shoot on PK in nets.  That’s what I call loose!

Can’t wait for the next summit.  lol

84. sholi2000.com says:

Good Night My Hockey Friends

85. RJB says:

Wow Carey looked awesome tonight!!

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    – Bilbo Baggins

86. Eliisa says:

Carey – you are the man! I don’t know if I have ever seen him work so hard, he made some key saves at the end. Canucks wanted it, Price wanted it more.

Work is going to be so much fun tomorrow!!

87. KamiDave says:

Neither team looked good… (aside from Price)  so muddled, .. a strange, fast, disjointed game. I’ll take it!

88. Larry says:

Team win. Love it. Two shutouts for Carey now, he was full measure tonight. I will have to watch again on Express.

89. Danno says:

I love when PK celebrates with Carey by giving him that low five stuff

90. SeriousFan09 says:

Carey seems to enjoy a workload, 14GP and I think we can say he just had his best game of the season.

91. twocents says:

Our goalie seems quite good and the team plays well as a unit.

92. vegas_habs_fan says:

It really doesn’t seem like Cammalleri has played well this year BUT you have to realize that without him tonight either of the two goals don’t happen.

I’m sure the goals will come.

As for Price, its great to see him shutout a team like the Nucks!

93. geo_habsgo says:

I’m happy Price didn’t get the goal. I don’t want him to realize how good he is playing. Last time that happened he went a season and half getting owned. Well he played alright last season but you get my drift.

94. Thrillhouse says:

I dunno, I think he’d look better if he grew his moustache a bit more

95. Danno says:

All hail the glorious System

96. SeriousFan09 says:

Same here, nice to see the team nice and loose with each other.

97. Danno says:

Post du jour! :0)

98. Matt_in_TO says:

Well he did say he wanted 82 starts this year.

- In Price We Trust

99. DearyLeary says:

I almost kind of wish they would play that anytime Price gets a star of the game.

He’s looking great out there. At the top of his paint, quick glove, lateral movement, imposing physical presence. He has all the tools and is using them well. He just looks very focused thus far. Great news for Habs fans.

101. Number31 says:

That was sweet! And Priceberg was totally aiming for the empty net. Maybe next time!

Nice to see the defensively tenacious OctoberHabs back (for now). Shutting down that powerplay was gold and scoring that powerplay goal was gorgeous.  My heart just stopped pounding though, had to walk off that win O_O

102. Propwash says:

LOL, that would be funny as heck, or if he wins another Molson cup.

103. Number31 says:

Someone told me they played it once when he made a huge save in an earlier game.

104. joeybarrie says:

I REALLY WANTED CAREY TO GET THAT GOAL.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

105. MikeMcLaren says:

I would just like to point out my sage fearless predictions made just before the puck dropped tonight:

Fearless prediction: The game is going to start 0-0 and the team who scores more goals will win.

Some folks on here think the Habs are so overmatched that they’re bound to lose.  I say that maybe they’ll score more goals today.

They play the games for a reason.  Any given day, folks.  Any given day.

It’s really more fun watching games with the belief that your team can win.  Honestly.

106. Danno says:

Great idea!

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”

I said something to Bill J this summer to the effect that we all hope we didn’t trade the next Hasek and hope that instead we kept the next Brodeur. The Habs had two of the best young netminders in the league. Whaddya gonna do? Even as good as Halak is keeping Price is what was done. No doubt this game speaks volumes to making that decision look like a good one.

108. Danno says:

If he did, he would only be one point behind Gomez in the standings

109. Vid says:

The gomez line couldn’t get a goal even with a clear path to an empty net…it was actually hilarious.

110. PrimeTime says:

Watching WSOP and enjoying Duhammel friens and family in Habs jersey’s….lol. No wonder the kid won. :)

111. Propwash says:

Earlier I said 3-1 Habs, but I’m perfectly willing to accept 2-0 :P

112. krob1000 says:

top of the paint was key from waht I saw…..if he does that it maximizes his size advantage…if he plays back in his net then he nullifies the fact he’s a big kid…..I really liked that he was square and outside the blue paint all night (d has to be trusted in that situation too)…..but when he does that pucks hti him in the chest….he backs up 3 or 4 feet and they find holes and even corners.

113. joeybarrie says:

GREAT REPLY………

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

114. avatar_58 says:

CAREY CAREY CAREY

115. ttglgohabs says:

Love that win!  P.K. was hungry tonight and mistake free.  Complete team effort.

116. SeriousFan09 says:

Markov’s back on his game as well tonight, imagine where we’ll be in 10 more games as he builds everything up.

117. Chuck says:

Thrillhouse. Hehehe.

Except that you should have it display as “Thrillhou”   :)

118. ttglgohabs says:

Gionta also looked like he had quick feet tonight…. I like the lines!!

119. ttglgohabs says:

Gionta also looked like he had quick feet tonight…. I like the lines!!

120. sidhu says:

Great game by Pricey.

I feel bad for AK46, he was doing well with Pleks and now he’s playing with a disoriented and disappointing Gomez.

I thought Eller had a lot of jump in the first, I was hoping to see more of him throughout the game.

Lapierre’s penalty was unexcusable, I’m wondering if he was younger or not French whether he would have been benched thereafter.  It was a penalty that deserved a benching.

Some folks like to make a play
    Skate the puck away like a D man should
    Hop it right to where its out of reach
    Or make a pass no good
    But I’m skating around
    On my own blue Line
    I’m in a New York state of mind

I’m not like other hockey stars
    they’re trying hard and I’m so routine
    I’m high in hockey’s terms under defensive schemes
    So what if I’m not competing
    And skate around and waste more time
    I’m in a New York state of mind

122. andrewberkshire says:

Excellent game, Price was outstanding, team defense was nearly just as good.

Who gets a a goal first, Gomez or Price?

123. sholi2000.com says:

I was going with Price.  Even with Bobby in nets :)

Great Game!

124. ttglgohabs says:

Cammy,Plecks and Gionta play well, let’s try  Gomez,AK46 and Halpern.

125. ttglgohabs says:

Cammy,Plecks and Gionta play well, let’s try  Gomez,AK46 and Halpern.

126. Propwash says:

I wouldn’t object to Gomez sitting out a game or two.

127. sholi2000.com says:

I was thinking how great Carey will be in a few more years, OH MY!

128. habs001 says:

price looked very solid…most of our games will be like today…we also blocked shots like in the playoffs…scoring will get better but we  will not be an explosive team as we have too many forwards that have no feel for goal scoring…looks like another low scoring game on thursday….while hammer and spacek are slow and have problems in their zone they are still better than picard and obyrn…

129. habs001 says:

gomez and 50 million (only molson $$$$) for stamkos lol

130. JIMVINNY says:

Dumbest f*cking rule ever.

131. CharlottetownHabbies says:

Funny how shots lead to goals…….

132. secretdragonfly says:

Chris F’n Lee!

133. Mattyleg says:

Good Gravy!

A PP goal!

Well I never…

—Hope Springs Eternal—

134. t1tan5 says:

And the worst rule in hockey strikes again.

He did a karate style soccer kick and sent the puck into the corner from the blue line. Highly creative. Wily like an old fox.

136. habfab14120 says:

I had to rewind my DVR to show that to my wife.

137. JIMVINNY says:

Great save.  I’ve seen that one beat lots of goalies.

The Habs get more chances short-handed than they do with the man advantage.

139. Habhopeful says:

Decline!!!!

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

140. RGM says:

Decline! Decline!

141. likehoy says:

NO!!! we have a pp, there goes our momentum.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

142. Propwash says:

WOOOOO POWERPLAY!!!!!

waitaminnit….

143. Danno says:

Lee hated to call that one. I could tell by his constipated rat-face expression

144. JIMVINNY says:

And there it is.  The momentum robber strikes again!!!  See that?  He did it on purpose, because he knows we got momentum from our PK.

145. RGM says:

MIRACLE ON ICE!

146. secretdragonfly says:

Woooooooo!!!!!

147. coachdoug says:

Hammer time!!!!!

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

148. likehoy says:

authority.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

149. Habhopeful says:

dont I look stupid…

150. Propwash says:

WOOOOOOO!!!!!! BOUT EFFIN TIME!!!!

151. habsfaninboston says:

Hammer Time!

152. The_Salted_One says:

a POWER PLAY goal???   wow!!!   finally!!

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

153. JIMVINNY says:

LOL!!!!  Hamr put everything he had into that one.

154. Bryan says:

HOLY CRAP WE SCORED ON THE PP

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

155. zozotheclown says:

All started from that creative Spacek keep in

156. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

ET LE BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! With 2 seconds left on the powerplay!!

157. punkster says:

Yep, these two D are too old.

158. C3P1 says:

they are leaving luongo out to dry

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

159. Danno says:

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo, doo doo

Can’t touch this.

It’s Hammer time!

160. JasonM says:

This rule needs to change. Seriously. It’s not even funny anymore.

161. t1tan5 says:

It’s not Chris Lee’s fault. It’s just a stupid rule. He HAD to call it based on the rules.

162. sholi2000.com says:

You can’t take those kinda penalties, and I’m not talking about Plecs!

Good period

163. Bill says:

Weird penalty.

Full Breezer 4 Life

164. Exit716 says:

What was the call on Plekanec by Rat Face Lee?

165. JIMVINNY says:

At least change the rule so that if the puck goes out at the other end of the ice within the confines of the side boards, it shouldn’t be a penalty.  It’s horsesh*t that a clear like that gets called delay of game.

166. VancouverHab says:

“Gomez just doesn’t know what to do with puck in the O-zone. It’s crazy. He’s a better player than this.”

Absolutely agree — what’s going on? Any chance you could ask the coach about this, Mike?

167. Aybara says:

I don’t mind the rule but I both heard and saw plek’s clear hit the glass. BS

168. JIMVINNY says:

delay of game for shooting the puck over the glass at the other end of the rink.

169. secretdragonfly says:

Delay of game, puck over the glass.

170. SeriousFan09 says:

Canes tore down the Bulin Wall, 4 goals on 8 shots before being pulled. Eric Staal’s got 3 assists, Skinner has a pair of assists as well, pool’s starting off pretty well for me tonight.

171. secretdragonfly says:

Agree, one of the more frustrating calls.

172. HFX-HabFan says:

The lads were ready for this one!  We’re skating tonight- Eller especially.  Did anyone else think PK looked a bit shaken up after making that diving play right before Pleks put it over the glass?

Big kill to start the period, and then time to grab the momentum right back, let’s get some more!

173. TorontoHabsFan says:

and mine’s going in the opposite direction :)

174. habs001 says:

this the type of period the habs have to play….right now the few goal scorers we have are in a slump…the other forwards are not in a slump they just dont have the skill set to be goal scorers at even 15 goals a year..

175. Danno says:

Laffs losing 3-0 to Tampa

176. Chuck says:

Lapierre with 3:49 of ice time. Gill leads with 7:33.

177. linp says:

Spacek is so bad even MAB is better than him!

178. secretdragonfly says:

Guaranteed if I put him in my pool, he’ll go on a slide, so I’ll do you a favour and skip him.

179. gK_HabsFan says:

Goodluck!

It’s gonna be a close matchup!

-GK-

180. Exit716 says:

Gomez plays a vital role. Since he’s sucking, no one is noticing Eller’s long adjustment to the NHL.

181. coachdoug says:

I think Gomez is going to make AK46 a zombie again…he is having that effect on other wingers…

I think they need to try Youpie on the point with Markov….Unbelieveable how bad the PP is…I hear circus music the whole time…MAB where are you????

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

182. habs001 says:

i know lee is bad but if the call was correct on plecks could the posters explain why they are blaming lee for the call…

183. HFX-HabFan says:

I have Staal, Skinner and Ward.

Nice to see the Laughs looking rather listless on the road in Tampa.

184. novahab says:

Someone wrote on here Eller was a mistake I don’t think so he getting better and better and he should get sometime on the powerplay. Its just a matter of time he show flashes of whats to come. As far as Lee goes its the rule but wait for it the worst is yet to come from this crook.

185. 100HABS says:

PLEASE HELP:

I’m in Chile and never (almost) miss a game. How can i stream it? I’ve done it before on RDS but I just can’t seem to find it there… and don’t know if they’ll allow here…

186. SUMO says:

Agreed, Eller is a rookie. Be patient. The package of skill, size strength and speed. Hes going to be a good player.

187. SeriousFan09 says:

It is if Boston selects in the Top 5 again, can’t afford for them to keep getting stronger like that.

188. TomNickle says:

We’re pre-blaming Gomez for Kostitsyn falling back into inconsistency now?

189. Bryan says:

http://www.atdhe.net has both the RDS and the TSN links.

Bookmark that site.  It has every game.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

190. JD_ says:

Immediately after winnin’ the WSOP 2010 Main Event, Boucherville’s Jonathan Duhamel is piled on by Gomez, Gionta, and what looks like Gill. The crowd immediately breaks into The Ole Song. Skip fwd to 3:23.

Hab fans: We’re everywhere.

191. novahab says:

As far as the refs goes all NHL team crap on the refs to their bosses except the Canadiens. That is why all refs want to do Habs games all they have to do is give the other team the advantage and they will have a night with out hearing it. Molson you maybe the class of the league but you put the team in a hole every game .

192. Chuck says:

I know. We need the Leafs to be just good enough to finish out of the lottery.

193. vic says:

dominic moore 5th goal tonight

194. Jar Jar Binks says:

Meesa likein da habs playin a bombad first period. Gomee needa to shewta puck sum time. Meesa so happy Markee scor.

195. Just A Guy says:

I never saw a rule that said “I shall not shoot the messenger.”

I didn’t blame the ref, though, I did find it funny that Gionta laughed at Pleks.

196. coachdoug says:

No we…just me…no pre about it…If Gomer does not get out of this funk it will not be good…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

197. secretdragonfly says:

Not blaming, just vocalizing.  And five will get you ten that by the end of the game, there will be at least two bad calls (or non-calls), just ’cause he’s Chris F. Lee.

198. TomNickle says:

Has Cammalleri scored this year?  I read quite a bit of Gomez venom.  Richmond Hill Mike might need to change his nickname to Teflon Mike.

199. JD_ says:

Which inevitably means there’ll be a “2010-11 We Were Good Enough To Finish Out Of The Lottery” banner hangin’ from the ACC rafters next season.

200. Chuck says:

Somebody went to the effort of recording a video of a poker game?

201. Bill says:

I’m going out on a limb to say that when you have a high-priced line that isn’t producing, the solution shouldn’t be to break up the line that is. Kostitsyn was doing so well with Pleks.

Full Breezer 4 Life

202. JIMVINNY says:

Halpern still has way more points.  So what’s yours?

203. TomNickle says:

Haha.  My original comment wasn’t directed toward you.

204. JD_ says:

$9M for 1st, $5.5M for 2nd.

Makes for good action.

205. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Gomez venom?  The guy has played terrible, he just admitted it on TSN.  People have the right to critique his play, especially considering the cash he’s pulling in.

206. TomNickle says:

Kostitsyn can go zombie on his own.  I don’t think it’s fair to say that Gomez would be the cause.

207. 100HABS says:

Thanks Bryan. I was able to see hte game, although the quality wasn’t great, seeing CP’s shutout was well worth it!

Muchas gracias señor!

208. TomNickle says:

Are Cammalleri or Gionta going any better right now?

Nope.

209. Mark says:

Meesa thinksa yousa soundin pretty happysa betcha betcha!

210. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Very true, they’re also playing bad.  I never said Gomez was the only one playing like crap.

211. coachdoug says:

Well these guys called Centers have a little impact on how those other guys the Wingers play…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

212. TomNickle says:

That’s a pretty short sighted opinion.

Pouliot played his best hockey with Gomez this season.  Kostitsyn had gone a couple without scoring prior to being moved to Gomez’s line.

213. SUMO says:

Playing with Pleks, Captian Gio looks alot more effective……

214. CBrady12 says:

I dont get it, there are so many people who come on here spewing the same garbage literally all day long, then the game comes on and they are all gone…

215. MikeMcLaren says:

Well, we should all get it by now.  It happens every game.

Leading up to the game: doom and gloom.

During the game if the Habs are losing: “I told you so!  This team is awful.  I’m going to go cheer for the ____ instead, they know how to build a winner!”

During the game if the Habs are winning: “… …. ….”

It’s an easy visual to figure out if the Canadiens are winning a game.  If you scan up and down the live blog and don’t see Ali G, the Habs are winning.

216. notbigbird says:

Believe me, I’ve thought of this. I think it would work for both teams.

217. coachdoug says:

OK…Can we sit on this one goal lead????

Rope a dope JM…

Just sayin…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

218. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

I don’t even know what to say to that…

219. JIMVINNY says:

Nope, can’t hit a guy when the puck is in his skates, can’t have that.

220. Propwash says:

Whew…

221. SeriousFan09 says:

Philosophy holds that your special teams added up together are at 100% or over you’re doing fine.

I don’t think the guy who coined it considered that a team would strive for a 99% PK and a 1% PP efficiency.

222. C3P1 says:

if we got randy moss, would it help the pp? perhaps?

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

223. SeriousFan09 says:

Eric Staal has 4 assists against EDM and 24 Cups favourite player Samsonov has a goal.

224. twilighthours says:

JimV that was totally a penalty.  It was mentally weak on Darche to go after Burrows for a clean hit.  Obviously interference.

225. PrimeTime says:

LOL….I was thinking the same thing! :)

226. Malreg says:

How do you get a charging penalty if you only took a single step to hit the player?  Chris f**cking Lee, that’s how.

227. Bryan says:

Holy crap, Derek Boogaard has his first goal since 2005/2006, and just his 10th in his entire hockey career (including the juniors!)

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

228. Captain aHab says:

I’d like to see more of Eller and less of Gomer. Time to send him a real message.

229. Chuck says:

Did Lars Eller get more than a shitf that period? He’s only played 3:44.

230. temekuhabs says:

Man that Vancouver team is fast

231. linp says:

Are we practising any PP. Is that bad! They can’t even gain the zone.

232. secretdragonfly says:

Our PP sucks, Carey is God, Gomez needs to be taken out to the woodshed and thrashed.

233. Malreg says:

He doesn’t play the PP or PK at the moment, and most of that period was special teams play.

234. JasonM says:

Why is it that whenever we get the priviledge of watching Chris Lee do his job, without fail, end up the entire night cursing at him yet the past few games have gone by without much of a word to be said in regards to the Refs? Whyyyy

235. habs001 says:

pyatt tries every game ….he gets chances but has no goal scoring skills at all but gives an effort..laps is invisible …after the poor season but solid playoffs more was expected from him…

236. RGM says:

Very enjoyable game so far even with Lee doing his thing to get on camera. Habs are really tempting fate by taking all these penalties…

He got the penalty because thte other player wasn’t near or going for the puck. Darche’s play was to grab the puck. Penalty was warranted unfortunately.

238. linp says:

RDS just showed how lazy is Gomez. He lost the faceoff. Everybody skated back and he was the only one still in their zone coming back slowly.

239. habs-hampton says:

My 2 cents on the PP woes… SHOOT!!!!

Shoot from everywhere! There is no such thing as a bad shot!! I doesn’t always have to be from between the hash marks!

I think the last PP goal was Cammy. He just moved in from the half boards and wired it top shelf. Is that so bad?

You can’t tell me that shooting would make the PP worse!!!

240. novahab says:

I say that the Vancouver management make a call to head office after the 4 minute penalty and the refs heard about it. Lots of penalties they could have call on the nucks but nope. Why does this feel like we lose this in the third its going to take Price standing on his head to have any chance . Too many players riding the bus in this game we have one line playing and our d-man working hard.

241. Just A Guy says:

This just in: Derek Boogaard has scored.

242. Bryan says:

Because when Chris Lee is reffing, you suddenly begin over-analzying every call against the Habs.

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

243. Castor says:

Don’t go getting optimistic Boone…

no seriously.

244. Castor says:

Don’t go getting optimistic Boone…

no seriously.

245. JIMVINNY says:

Meh.  The second he puts his stick down, he has possession of the puck.  As for being mentally weak, he was sticking up for a teamate that just got run.  I wouldn’t call that mentally weak.

246. likehoy says:

did anyone watch the intermission?

gomez lost an o-zone faceoff and he was the last man back…pathetic

lets put AK with eller and play them in the 3rd.

gomez is a black hole

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

247. C3P1 says:

at not only has he scored…he bombed a 50 footer top cheddar on caps wunderkid neuvirth

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

248. novahab says:

Any chance we can ship Gomez and Gionta back to NJ for Kovalchuk maybe if they go home they will play better and if Kovalchuck gets in front of this crowd maybe he will play better.

249. Malreg says:

The biggest problem with the powerplay is actually gaining the zone and setting up.

Once we’re setup I think it’s pretty decent, but my god, we spend 90% of every PP dumping it in, and watching it get dumped out.

250. likehoy says:

have you ever seen gomez shoot? now THAT’s a bad shot.

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

251. habs001 says:

good idea as long as they hit the net but this teams speciality is to shoot hard but miss the net

252. TripleX says:

We all know how hot and cold AK is and it is killing me that playing with Gomez we will lose the GOOD AK and get the BAD AK.   Please put him back with Pleks.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

253. SUMO says:

Also, look at where Gomez is losing the puck, at the blue line or around the neutral zone. These turnovers are killers and create pdd man rushes the other way. Carbo benched Kovy over these. Also with his speed, Gomez should be the first guy back.

254. Chuck says:

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut every now and then.

255. punkster says:

So Gomez may actgually score…at some point…in my lifetime???

256. habaholic68NJ says:

Don’t agree.  We are still not getting shots.  Desperately need a point shot to fix this PP.

257. Just A Guy says:

Is that the mantra when montreal goes on the power play?

258. C3P1 says:

lol

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

259. TripleX says:

Price stealing this game no doubt about it.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

260. Hagar says:

So we get a pp & I figure now’s as good a time as any to go out for a ciggie, come back and find out were up by 2. Dammit.

261. secretdragonfly says:

Go for another.

262. Just A Guy says:

crap, now I can’t use my urology joke.

263. RGM says:

Canucks games are always among the most fun of the year for me. Being a BC boy I got to verbally mix it up with more than a few friends back home. There was a good long stretch there in the mid-00’s that it was much less fun for me, but it’s back to an even keel for the time being. A win tonight means a lot of Facebook trolling for me tonight. A loss means many Facebook friends trolling me tonightl. LOL

Should be a good one, and hopefully a nice goaltender’s duel until Luongo chokes in the 3rd period…you know, like he tends to do when it matters most (Olympics excluded).

264. MikeMcLaren says:

Right there with you.  Like Gorges, Price and O’Bryne, I too am originally a BC boy.  And yes, there have been some lean years there and yes, all my friends from back home let me know about those.

265. JIMVINNY says:

That’s pitiful.  Nearly 6 full games between PP goals.

266. t1tan5 says:

This ice is horrible. Puck bouncing like a tennis ball.

267. secretdragonfly says:

Leafs losing 4-0

268. coachdoug says:

Really great to hear the crowd behind Carey…he deserves every bit of it

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

269. Chuck says:

Ha! Love how Price slaps his defenseman with his stick. “Get out of my way!”

270. Danno says:

Carey!

271. PrimeTime says:

Pretty low posterage tonight….too many critics busy eating crow, i guess.

Prejudice + No objectivity = No credibility. The result: Partisan warfare is on the rise, and truth is on the decline

272. SeriousFan09 says:

Put AK back with Pleks please, I’d like Pleks with a guy who can get something done.

273. The_Salted_One says:

from one knee usually   and celebrates with one awesome looking calm fist pump.   i miss those days…

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

274. The_Salted_One says:

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

275. twilighthours says:

The Gionta of last year would have one-timed that for a goal.

276. JIMVINNY says:

If that’s a better pass, and he can one time it, that’s a goal.

277. Propwash says:

Gio waited a split second too long

278. nick says:

You know Gomez’s play is starting to stink when you have Brunette calling him out…

279. Danno says:

Laffs losing 4-0 to Tampa

280. punkster says:

I still don’t understand why Laps is out there.

281. topher5468 says:

If only Gomez would work as hard as Pleky I wouldn’t be so hard on him, err, well maybe not as much

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

282. JIMVINNY says:

If that’s a better pass, and he can one time it, that’s a goal.

283. Propwash says:

Double

284. habs001 says:

a very solid game by price so far…he has good puck handling skills that we should be able to utilize much more to our advantage but he and the d dont seem to be on the same page many times

285. TripleX says:

Gionta looks pretty good with Pleks, but AK would have buried that last pass top shelf.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

286. habaddict_andy says:

Joel during second intermission “3rd they’re gonna start coming” referring to Canucks.  In your face Joel.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

This current line balancing act is good IMHHO. Both goals have come from defensemen.

288. Mattyleg says:

Doublepost

—Hope Springs Eternal—

289. Keith says:

Looking good still, keep it up!

290. Mattyleg says:

Wow, Darche is skating his buns off.

His understanding of the play is making him very useful.

Gets to where the puck is going.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

291. Propwash says:

Shut up with the olays! WAAAAY too early!

292. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

Benny has been doing such an awesome job lately, very nice to see

293. Wops says:

Amazing game by Pouliot. He looks so fast out there.

294. SeriousFan09 says:

Had a solid NHL-level strength and conditioning program in the off-season it seems, he seems more solid in phyiscal aspects compared to last season.

295. habaddict_andy says:

Good to see Gio looking way better.

296. mrhabby says:

i just get the feeling Habs are on a bit of a downward spiral right now with the G line not producing how long can they depend on the pluggers. Nevertheless, it should be entertaining tonight. the nucks have improved with there D and grit. Love to have some of those players. if we snag a point i will be happy.

297. Hagar says:

I’ll try it again on the next one.

298. twilighthours says:

Totally different Markov tonight.  He’s back to being a star.

299. scott9002ca says:

so are there gonna be any extra fights with the fans tonight?

300. Mattyleg says:

It really is funny how Gomer can’t do anything right.

That was amazing pressure, great passes by AK, and some shots, then #11 gets the puck and immediately shoots it into a Canuck and the play leaves the zone.

Beh.

—Hope Springs Eternal—

301. Propwash says:

CAMMY! Almost

302. secretdragonfly says:

Cammi is snakebit.

303. JIMVINNY says:

That better be 4.  He’s leaking all over the place.

304. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

well that was disgusting…we better come out of this with a power play!

305. Keith says:

That looked good linesman!

306. secretdragonfly says:

WTF!

307. Mattyleg says:

Hmm. Worrying.

Seems to be a lack of trust from one ‘type’ of player to another.

AK should have passed to Max there, but I don’t imagine he trusted him to put it in the net.

If it’d been Pleks etc, he’d have passed it.

Don’cha think?

—Hope Springs Eternal—

308. JIMVINNY says:

AK gave himself a pretty good shot.  He’s a sniper, not a playmaker.

309. CBrady12 says:

I disagree,it would have been easily broken up, he should have shot before the toe drag

310. RGM says:

I swear that Markus Naslund really had something in for the Habs. LOL

311. MikeMcLaren says:

Well I remember going to Habs games in the Pacific Coliseum where they had to worry about OUR Naslund!  LOL.  Those days were great because the Canucks totally sucked back then and Montreal just dominated them.

312. kirbhabs says:

I would take Lundqvist

313. novahab says:

Bullshit that is a headshot he should be gone and 5 minutes .

314. TomNickle says:

Haha, seriously?

315. SeriousFan09 says:

I think they finally fixed Benny’s skates.

316. JIMVINNY says:

What a dirtbag.  Then he shakes his head as if he doesn’t deserve the penalty.

317. Keith says:

What did I miss here?

318. t1tan5 says:

Oh man, the PP is so bad, it’s actually funny.

319. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

I guess Price wants to score too..lol

320. SUMO says:

TSN – Mike Johnson “You want Darche to be ok but you also want him to be bleeding” LMAO

321. PrimeTime says:

Price WANTS it!!

322. MikeMcLaren says:

Yep, my bad there – flipping between too many windows :P

323. TomNickle says:

Boy it sure would be nice if we same some compete from Cammalleri.

324. nickster13 says:

only lapierre cant hit an open net :P

325. secretdragonfly says:

Oh Carey, saved the day again.

326. Propwash says:

This is just pathetisad.

327. JIMVINNY says:

Oh yeah.  This PP’ll teach em.  They won’t mess with us….

/sarcasm

328. Bill says:

Canucks actually building scary momentum on this four-minute pk!

Full Breezer 4 Life

329. MathMan says:

They need to change who’s coaching the PP, is it Muller or did they change it to Pearn or what?

330. coachdoug says:

I hope this penalty is over soon…Martin should decline the penalty so we can stay on even strength…miserable

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

331. TomNickle says:

Cammalleri’s contract is a total albatross.  I can’t believe we have him under contract at that exorbitant pricetag for the next four years.

332. joeybarrie says:

The worst Powerplay I have ever witnessed. TRULY PATHETIC.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

333. JD_ says:

PP is like a UN peackeepin’ mission: No shootin’.

334. Chuck says:

Not to worry…. their Stanley Cup winner will come on the powerplay.

335. _Habsoloutly_ says:

worst PP in the NHL at work for you.

336. yathehabsrule says:

OK packed my hockey bag for tonight. Anything happen on that PP?

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

337. Propwash says:

Wow, pressure in the LAST 30 seconds of a 4 minute powerplay.

338. Keith says:

That is a horrible, horrible pp.

339. TomNickle says:

Muller.  Should let Markov coach it, he’s the only one who knows how to make a defender miss other than Gomez.

340. PeterD says:

Here’s an idea…don’t accept any more power plays…just say no thanks we waive the right to play on the PP…GAWD that was pathetic…

341. secretdragonfly says:

I’ve already got my vote in for Carey as first star.

342. Keith says:

Getting schooled really bad right now.

343. JIMVINNY says:

And the momentum-sapping PP continues to be the bane of our existence….

344. twilighthours says:

That whole shift of Van pressure because Max Lapierre sucks and can’t get the puck 10 feet to his blue line.

I’m starting to wonder if he might just be a horrible hockey player.

345. MikeMcLaren says:

Well, they are wearing blue helmets…

346. MathMan says:

Can’t believe that it’s the same gang who basically used the PP to keep themselves afloat last year.

Hope it doesn’t push them into doing something silly like signing MAB. It’s not going to help.

347. yathehabsrule says:

They should have suggested that at the GM meetings today.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

348. joeybarrie says:

NEXT POWERPLAY, I say we go out and get a penalty right away so we can play 4 on 4. I think that will help. ONLY WAY I CAN SEE…

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

349. Bill says:

Serious question: is Gomez washed up?

Full Breezer 4 Life

350. Exit716 says:

Muller is responsible for the penalty kill. Pearn is responsible for the powerplay. When Pearn was with the Rangers, they sucked on the PP as well. Last year was a fluke in terms of Perry’s PP proficiency. Don’t blame Kirk, blame the Martin crony for the ineptitude.

351. topher5468 says:

What does Scott Gomez and the Habs PP have in common, you guessed it, they both suck and cant score

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

352. MathMan says:

Lapierre was pretty much carried by Latendresse for the good part of his career. He’s not really all that good.

353. coachdoug says:

We’ll watch what we say about your boy…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

354. coachdoug says:

Nice to have you on HIO Mrs. Gomez…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

355. Malreg says:

Wow, that joke had so much potential but has to be the worst punch line ever.

356. rbby_habs says:

Great question!

Answer =   YES

Has he really done ANYTHING since joining the habs?

357. TomNickle says:

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.  Cammalleri isn’t hustling, he’s shying away from contact and he has no desire to win puck battles.

So how has his play been any different than Gomez’s?

358. linp says:

Lapierre can’t shoot an empty net.

359. coachdoug says:

Shutout!!!!….Nice win…Price looked awesome…good team effort tonight…

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

360. Keith says:

Shutout!!!!!

361. Danno says:

Carey baby!

362. Propwash says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who woulda thunk it?

CAREY CAREY CAREY !!!!!!!!!!

363. larisalapointe says:

And this is why I am a Pricebot Fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

364. Mattyleg says:

YESS!!

Price is just as good as Ty Conklin!

In your faces!!

—Hope Springs Eternal—

365. Chuck says:

Carey went for it. That would have been the icing on the cake!

366. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!! That win makes me sooo happy and even better that Carey got the shutout! He really deserved this one..to bad he didn’t score at the end!

CAREY!CAREY!CAREY!

367. PrimeTime says:

HAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHA

So many people WRONG!!!!!

Where are they????

368. CBrady12 says:

Honestly, never in doubt

369. novahab says:

Now that was a real shutout wow Price earned that What was that other guy’s name that played goal for us last year.

370. The_Salted_One says:

and an amazing save to cap it all off!

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

371. Bill says:

Love Price going for the goal, looked like it was going in too! Shutout, always sweet.

However, looks like JM has found a way to keep any of the forwards from scoring.

Full Breezer 4 Life

372. punkster says:

Can I have an AMEN???!!!

373. Antho says:

YEA CAREY!!!

Way to go JM your combination locks produced so many goals!!

374. twilighthours says:

Great, great win.  Gutsy effort all around.  My only complaints would be Cammalleri and seeing Eller stapled to the bench.

Otherwise, thoroughly enjoyable game.

375. habaholic68NJ says:

Price is a bum.  Can’t even score on an empty net.

376. RGM says:

It would have been the best ever if that shot at the end went in. Great game all around tonight. Lots of good stuff. How about that goalie, eh?

377. Propwash says:

Now, can we PLEASE put this goaltending thing to bed? It is not the teams problem, it’s lack of scoring from the top tier guys.

378. Xtrahabsfan says:

At the beginning of this Blog I called it Habs 7- Nucks 0

379. ShangaDoo says:

CAREY!

Man, it  would’ve been the ish if he scored an empty netter!

Does anyone know the number of shutouts Price has had in 1 season?

The way hes playing now…he certainly can get more than the current number he has now

380. JD_ says:

This Price kid looks promisin’.

381. PrimeTime says:

Ok.. Bring on the “good win but….”, Critics

382. JD_ says:

Sorry, PK, the site’s strictly secular.

I can, however, offer up a high-five.

383. Danno says:

Laffs blanked 4-0 by Tampa – final.

384. SUMO says:

Carey held a 1-goal lead over 2-periods then got an insurance goal. Full value for the shutout. He was solid and spectacular when he had to be.

Good game for Spacek and Hamrlik. For everyone who has criticized them, you have to give them credit when credit is due. Good solid D by the old guys.

PHD – Benny on for the last minute of the Game brings a tear to my eye. Halpern, I hope they sign him for 2yrs. What a player. Reminds me of Carbo.

Pleks line looked dangerous and Captain Gio looked like a new man on that line.

Gomez line looks ok. Its a work in progress but I wonder why JM didn’t give more minutes to Eller who had a bit of jump to his game tonite.

The PK was huge tonite.

385. novahab says:

I have to say the refs did not pull their normal BS in the third maybe just maybe Mr. Molson have been reading my comments and call the NHL head office like the other teams. We can still be the cllassy team in public but a beast behind closed doors. Oh yea a powerplay goal yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

386. PrimeTime says:

….and conveniently left out the rest od the post and all the others including” wait until they have to play a real team like the Nucks!”

387. punkster says:

Yes you did Stephen. Good vibrations man.

388. Matt_in_TO says:

Yeah, Laps should show him how it’s done.

- In Price We Trust

What makes you think he was talking about you? :p

390. Eliisa says:

How about a damn right b*tches?

391. HABSsince92 says:

Agreed

Been a Habs fan since I was in 2nd grade and sat behind Patrick Roy at the Aud.

392. Rugger says:

…The Canucks are more of a finesse team, not bruiser’s like the flyers and Bs, so it’s not really a “true test”.  Yeah, I expect we’ll be hearing crap along those lines soon.

393. wotever says:

Separation of church and skate, doncha know.

It’s just a game.

394. punkster says:

Now THAT beats JDs high 5 any day.

395. JD_ says:

Cautiously optimistic with gusts to conservatively hopeful.

396. punkster says:

Goal scorers? We don’t need no stinkin’ goal scorers.

397. twocents says:

Exactly, Rugger. And when we beat them it will be, “but we just squeezed it out” or “we had all the calls” or  “it’s just cause their goalie was terrible” or “Wait ’til next time”.

398. MikeMcLaren says:

AGREED!  So aggravating.  People can’t enjoy a win by a team they supposedly love?

Insanity.

I’m very proud of the team tonight.  No buts.  No nothing.  They got a huge win against a very good team with very dangerous players.

399. Chuck says:

I’ll go first.

Good win, but… Price can’t hit an open net.

400. sam says:

the empty-netter from the blueline, plus another empty net -from the crease!- a few seconds later :)

hope it makes the highlight reels tomorrow!

401. sholi2000.com says:

lol,

I agree, lets trade him!

402. sholi2000.com says:

Ah, I love this Site after a WIN!

403. kirbhabs says:

4 of those 5 wins are in a row… compare the stats again in 2 weeks.

404. MikeMcLaren says:

Roberto Luongo, “star” goaltender:

• Wins: 5 (18th)
    • GAA: 2.76 (34th)
    • SV%: .909 (33rd)
    • SO: 1 (Tie for 9th)
    • 2010-11 salary: $5.33 million

Carey Price, (fallen?) star goaltender:

• Wins: 11 (Tie for 5th)
    • GAA: 2.45 (24th)
    • SV%: .911 (28th)
    • SO: 1 (Tie for 9th)
    • 2010-11 salary: $2.75 million

405. Aybara says:

Price has only 7 wins, but this post still makes its point.

406. Propwash says:

Chris F. Lee?????

I retract my last prediction of 3-1 Habs, were DOOOOOOOOMED!

407. TripleX says:

2 SOG on a four minute PP????  Beyond pathetic…..killing this team.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

408. kirbhabs says:

Hiller Vs Sj or Price Vs Van… who would you play?

Oh…. and we are in trouble if Lee pulls his whistle out tonight for laughs…

409. C3P1 says:

lundqvist v was or price v. van?

i would go with carey for you

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

410. zozotheclown says:

So what do we do during practice? Do we even practice the PP? It sure doesn’t look like it… Killed our momentum that PP did.

411. habaholic68NJ says:

That was the worst 4 min of PP I’ve ever seen in the past 40 years.  What a momentum killer.

412. diehardhab says:

Kesler is one of my favourite players to watch and am looking forward to seeing him tonight. suggest you all take notice also! Kesler is exactly the type of player we are missing.

The torch be yours to hold it high!

413. JIMVINNY says:

Teams are soon going to start intentionally taking penalties when we have the momentum, just to take it away.

414. SeriousFan09 says:

No  muscle on one PP unit, no solid QB on the back end for the other means nothing’s going to happen.

415. helluva habs fan says:

I’m not one to openly question the coach’s thinking very often, but what the hell with Spacek on the first wave PP instead of Markov? This has short handed goal written all over it.

416. C3P1 says:

good to see people agree with me…see below, my friend

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

417. DearyLeary says:

You’re gonna post stats of one game to try to imply some kind of trend?  Lame.

418. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

how is that not holding or obstruction on AK?? Vancouver player had him in a headlock! not that our powerplay is working anyway….

419. habsperspective says:

Wheres Timo, do you prefer yelling at MAB for not holding the zone, or apparently the only missing cog on our PP, that has 3 goals this season.

Sign the petition bring MAB back!

420. rbby_habs says:

They’re being to fancy on the Power Play.  They need to keep it simple…dump and chase.

By the way – Gomez is useless.

421. SUMO says:

Pouliot is a sweet passer

422. Ali says:

wtf are you doing gomez??!??!!

423. habs001 says:

skinner rookie with carolina 12 points….pyatt,eller.boyd,lapps,gomez ,moen= 10 points combined…better be ready to win 2-1 or 1-0  tonight….

Stellar stats for those 6. I think Gomez just doesn’t want others to feel bad… it’s not like he couldn’t score 12 points by now if he wanted to

425. Chuck says:

Crummy passing from both sides. It’s like watching
    the Timbits scrum during intermission.

426. Exit716 says:

Since the Living Legend loves to crap on Price, is there any chance that the Living Legend can crap on St. Robert of Gainey for the Gomez trade? What a useless piece of crap.

427. Ali says:

survey: how many minutes would eller play for the rest of the game if he just made the pass Gomez made?

bonus: how many shifts will gomez miss because of it?

428. C3P1 says:

CA-RAY!

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

429. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

I have figured out how to fix the wee 3s problems…take the C from Gionta, it was better with no captain, make Gomez take back the number he was wearng last year, obviously Koivu’s old number has placed a curse on him and lastly Cammalleri needs to go back to living by himself. Living with his girlfriend is obviously intefering with his concentration on the ice.

There problem solved…lol

430. habsfaninboston says:

How the hell did they give up a 4 on 2?

431. JIMVINNY says:

Terrible change by AK and co.  Gave up a 4on2 the other way.

432. linp says:

Gomez is bad. This line gives up 4 on 2

433. SeriousFan09 says:

Why were guys peeling off for a line change with the puck going the other way? Doing that killed the Habs in an OT of the Canes-Habs series in the playoffs in 2006.

434. VancouverHab says:

“I don’t want to tell Mike Gillis how to do his job, but that is not a Stanely Cup D”

Pourqoui non? Quelqu’un doit.

435. Propwash says:

Here’s a joke…

How do you blow an odd man rush?

Pass to Gomez.

436. Castor says:

If Gomez gets the puck it’s about a 70/30 chance that the Canucks will have it in the next few seconds.

437. CBrady12 says:

The F**king ice is brutal…Molsons, if you care so much about hockey, is it necessary for the Bell Centre to LITERALLY be the busiest building in North America?

438. PeterD says:

maybe Gomez should go back to last years sweater number…I think the #11 is too much for him…He’ll never be a Koivu

439. twilighthours says:

Poor Andrei Kostitsyn.  He went from playing with Plekanec to playing with Gomez and Lapierre.  What did he do to deserve that?

440. Exit716 says:

The Molsons have $550 million reasons to keep the building busy and the bankers at bay.

441. punkster says:

Laps = Useless

442. habsfaninboston says:

Nice bonehead play Laps!

443. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

Lapierre, WTF!

444. joeybarrie says:

BENCH HIM…………..

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

445. JIMVINNY says:

That’s kind of a weak call.  They’ve been letting the canucks get away with a lot of that kind of thing so far.

446. Exit716 says:

I love those ticky tack calls.

447. Keith says:

A lazy-assed penalty to take Max!

448. PeterD says:

Bad breath ala Pouliot

449. Bill says:

But you KNOW, if he hadn’t got Gomez, Cammalleri and Gionta would never have signed, and Markov would’ve left, because Gomez is THAT good. I believe that is the usual dumb-a$$ response, isn’t it?

Full Breezer 4 Life

450. TripleX says:

JM doesn’t like it when a player escapes the doghouse and plays unexpectedly well.  Best to find a way to put him in his place, that means put him with Gomez.  AK is back to being AK.  Thanks JM.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

451. punkster says:

Chill please, both of you. First, Markov is nowhere near back to form as evidenced in his play since his return. (mobility appears limited). Second, we haven’t got another D who can hit the net so it doesn’t really matter who plays D on the PP (might as well play OB on the PP for that matter).

Given number of possible permutations it will happen eventually (OB on PP)

453. punkster says:

Likely. Just as long as it ain’t MAB.

454. yathehabsrule says:

So yesterday Martin was talking about the whole system needing to produce from start to finish.

Well the play begins with the faceoff, where the Canucks lead the league, while the Habs are 24th, with only Halpern over 50%.

Could be a long night for the Habs.

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

455. oshawahabsfan says:

Did TSN ever drop the ball on this one. An all- Canadian team matchup and they couldn’t air it, yet they have a Rangers game on TSN2. Who’s the idiot that composed their broadcast schedule

I think Auld should start.

457. wotever says:

I hate “fans” who bitch about the reffing but don’t understand the rules. This guy went nuts on Saturday after Subban hit Kelly into Price this weekend.

It’s just a game.

I don’t know… just cause we’re switching things around. Why not? You know, promote Lapierre, put Spacek on first PP unit, play Auld. Doesn’t it sound logical?

459. yathehabsrule says:

That whole former team ideal??

Not a bad suggestion, but he is 0-1, 4 GA .826 in his only start vs Vancouver.

BTW it was nice meeting you in various forms at the Summit this weekend. ;)

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

460. TB says:

Sadly enough those numbers are better than Prices

461. Ayan_SB says:

In case this hasn’t been mentioned yet, defenseman Dan Hamhuis returns from injury to play tonight against the Habs.

462. Ali says:

come on max….what a brain fart

463. CBrady12 says:

Too bad the QMJHL vs Russia game isn’t on tv tonight…would have loved to check out Leblanc who is HOT right now…

464. andrewberkshire says:

Is he playing? He didn’t play in the last game due to injury.

465. andrewberkshire says:

Drop the puck!!

466. sholi2000.com says:

I will never complain about our team!

Oilers down by 4 with 10 minutes left in the first.

467. SeriousFan09 says:

Jeff Skinner’s bringing it home in my ESPN pool, which really makes up for Shane Doan’s ****-poor season.

468. sholi2000.com says:

Ok, that’s a pretty picture.

Tres Cute.

469. C3P1 says:

@boone – cory schneider went to school ten minutes from where I grew up…he set every record in the book there

_________________________________________________

Avon Old Farms: 2007, 2008 & 2010 New England Division I Hockey Champions – #5

470. JIMVINNY says:

For all the gamers out there, COD:Black Ops is pretty sweet.

471. sholi2000.com says:

I wondered about Skinner for weeks when he was a FA in my hobby pool.  Well I waited too long. Now he’s on the first line and tearin it up Too Tall.  :)

472. Propwash says:

Well, The Habs can either get killed, or suprise everyone. It’s all up to them.

473. Bryan says:

Nice stache Carey!

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

474. secretdragonfly says:

Woo hoo, the reverse Boone jinx has been invoked!

475. Ayan_SB says:

I’ve been kind of unsure about the game since Infinity Ward, the company that usually makes the COD games weren’t part of this, but I’m hearing great things about Black Ops, maybe I’ll have to pick it up.

476. habaholic68NJ says:

Chris Lee.  Great.

477. Keith says:

Chris F-head Lee is it? It’s over(((

478. yathehabsrule says:

Nice shoutout by CJAD’s Rick Moffat to those at the summit on Saturday, and a special mention to yukonhab !!

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

479. secretdragonfly says:

That footage of Alain Vigneault and Benoit Brunet was priceless.

480. andrewberkshire says:

Can’t wait to kill some zombies as JFK and Castro.

481. SeriousFan09 says:

Tired of paying for 4 hours of SP game. To hell with COD, I want a new Battlefield so I can have fun with vehicle combat again. Miss C4ing APCs and Tanks.

482. SeriousFan09 says:

Eric Staal having a guy who can keep up with him and play on his level is huge for Carolina.

Managed to slip him into another of my pools this afternoon, can’t believe he was left untended in one of my leagues.

483. Propwash says:

I never get tired of TF2

484. sholi2000.com says:

Only player to show up every single game!

485. MikeMcLaren says:

They play the games for a reason.  Any given day, folks.  Any given day.

Let’s see what they can do!

486. habsown says:

Ornskoldsvik is sick, i dont think hes quick, just a little tooth pick, give him a flick and he might just be a dic)<

487. thepriceiswrong says:

go away donkey

488. Propwash says:

Congrats Carey!

Seeing it’s a Molson Cup game, and the fact Chris Lee is coaching, theres some maaaajor bad juju goin’ on.

489. punkster says:

Price. Going for that John Holmes look.

490. win4ce says:

I know the stashes are for a good cause, but oh man are they ugly!

491. JIMVINNY says:

Lightin’ suckers up.  Go PK.

492. MikeMcLaren says:

What was the song that was JUST playing in the arena?  (French)  Anyone pick that up?

493. SeriousFan09 says:

PK loves to hit doesn’t he? Nice to see that kind of stuff from our D.

494. JIMVINNY says:

I get what you’re saying, but it’s the multiplayer that sells me on COD.  I skipped MW2, so I was set on this one.  What I’m sick of is paying extra for online play, so I got a PS3 last week.  Loving it so far.

495. yathehabsrule says:

You’re hearing things. :p

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

496. MikeMcLaren says:

Grrrrrrrrr!  It’s my quest – I’ll figure it out one day.

497. twilighthours says:

Please bench Lapierre until he becomes good at hockey.

498. Ali says:

mason raymonds doing his best gomez impression

499. The_Salted_One says:

Gill, what the hell are you doing…?

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

Having a veteran moment.

501. CharlottetownHabbies says:

Remember Laps in the Pitt series?  When do we get him back?

502. The_Salted_One says:

maybe during the playoffs?  im hoping sooner though

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

503. Propwash says:

Well, at least the PK is clicking.

504. likehoy says:

why is andrei kostitsyn on the fourth line?

what did he do to deserve to play with gomez and lapierre?

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!

505. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

Holy Moses JM called a timeout!

506. twilighthours says:

Anybody who thinks Gomez is overpaid should take heart in the fact that Plekanec is very underpaid.  What a player he is!

507. royrobin says:

I hate to exaggerate any one thing, but man is  Halpern’s faceoff ability  helping this club.

Faceoff’s Canuck home page with lots of team info and updates.

Vancouver’s official NHL website.

The Vancouver Sun’s hockey page.

The Province’s hockey page.

Nucks Misconducts (not updated for tonight’s game as of 9AM)

Vancouver breaks the bank in an attempt to win it all.

Vancouver manoeuvred to draft Tinordi this summer.

509. arcosenate says:

It’s such an easy problem to identify for the Habs, they have $13 million tied up in two guys that aren’t producing.  And it’s impossible to produce a solution to the problem, other than running them out there every night and giving them their minutes.  You can’t sit them, they’re veterans who know they’re not playing to the level expected of them, you just have to hope they can turn it around. They have had lots of chances, why Gionta suddenly can’t hit the net is getting pretty depressing at this point.

This team needs to get G & G going, there’s no way to make the playoffs without these guys doing their jobs, so let’s hope they find their games starting tonight.

510. RiverviewCanadien says:

Good post.

511. Jordio-oh says:

Well said.

512. JIMVINNY says:

NOT liking the number of odd-man rushes we always seem to give up.  That being said, everyone seems to be playing with some jump.

513. Keith says:

What? Gomer going to the net. I don’t believe it.

514. Ayan_SB says:

They’re actually saying Loo-urns.

515. JIMVINNY says:

That looked like a slew foot on Subban.

516. Barts says:

Fearless prediction: Lapierre on a line with A. Kostitsyn is not the answer…

517. JIMVINNY says:

MARKOV!!!!  THAT’S HOW TO PINCH!!!!

518. Keith says:

Marky!!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

519. punkster says:

He has arisen!!!!!!!

520. SeriousFan09 says:

3rd period, time for a classic JM shake-up-the-bad-lines?

521. Bryan says:

Woo!!!

_______________________________

The Habs are making me slightly less bi-polar.

522. Danno says:

The King is back!

523. SeriousFan09 says:

Markov getting back into it with a goal and the Habs laying the pressure on, solid game.

524. Keith says:

Almost another one!

525. JIMVINNY says:

Chrissy Lee is super excited when he gets to say “No Goal” to the Habs.

I actually like these lines.

Plex-Cammy-Gio

Gomez-Laps-AK46

Halpern-Darche-Pouliot

Eller-Pyatt-Moen

This is why JM is a coach and the rest of us post here.

527. Barts says:

Gomez really could care less.

528. CBrady12 says:

For tose ragging Prices mustache, November is prostate cancer awareness month and there is a campaign out to grow a mustache and support prostate cancer research its called MOvember…hes not going for the “coked out” look, hes supporting cancer

529. secretdragonfly says:

A dirty Gomez goal would be better.

530. secretdragonfly says:

Thanks, we know = the coked out reference was to John Holmes, not Carey.

531. punkster says:

No ragging. Well aware of it, as is Chuck.

532. CBrady12 says:

your welcome

533. Chuck says:

Even in a great shooting position, Gomez will still pass to a man who’s covered.

534. JIMVINNY says:

There was 7 canucks on the ice there.  That linesman HAS to call that.

535. yathehabsrule says:

Leafs already down 2-0 to Habs South

___________________________________________

Note the new digs! but yeah I’m still on Twitter!

536. Exit716 says:

Shoot the puck Gomez. If the stick breaks, the team will buy you a new one.

537. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Get your head out of your a$$ and shoot Gomez.

538. likehoy says:

I heard in NHL12, Gomez won’t have a shoot button

- I support Carey Price as the Number 1 Goalie!\

539. CBrady12 says:

Sorry, I really don’t know that much about male porn actors so I wasn’t sure what was goin on

540. topher5468 says:

I was just gonna say, Shoot Gomez, You beat me to it Mr Boone

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

541. Rob says:

Now THAT’s funny

The Montreal Canadiens: sporting the best AND worst fans since 1909!

542. topher5468 says:

There is just no other way to say it, PP sucks, its embarrassing

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

543. sholi2000.com says:

I’m going to start a First to Last pool for the Leafs.

Feb 4th Leafs last Place in the East.  :)

544. king ddd says:

is there any possible way to get kurtis foster from the oilers. he would really help our pp

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

545. CBrady12 says:

You know what I noticed, last season Gomez was mixing it up constantly, he would get in scuffles and even drop the gloves from time to time, this year, nothing, no intensity, no drive and obviously, no production….how does this happen?

546. TripleX says:
    1P 5:30:

Hammewr and Spatch against the Sedins? OK

I KNOW!  Could not believe it either….come on JM.

‘Cogito ergo doleo’

547. secretdragonfly says:

Love Captain Kirk’s ‘stache!

548. JIMVINNY says:

That was a Pouliot-esque bail by Price.  Yikes.

549. punkster says:

Puck taking some crazy bounces.

550. t1tan5 says:

I’ve noticed the Canucks shooting wide a lot. It’s definitely part of their game plan to try and make use of the lively boards here.

551. JIMVINNY says:

Slick work by Eller.  You can tell that he has skillz.

552. Keith says:

Eller’s looking sharp.

553. CBrady12 says:

And Spatch takes a penalty

554. SeriousFan09 says:

Boone: Possible to ask JM post-game why Eller is getting benched for nothing while Gomez is just a nightmare to watch at times?

555. TomNickle says:

#13 isn’t playing any better than Eller either.

556. _Habsoloutly_ says:

JM finds it easier to bench youngsters over veterans.

557. novahab says:

Bench Gomez in the third and play Eller send a message. wasn’t cCosby bench this year for a period.

558. topher5468 says:

Yes I have been hard on Gomez and deservedly so, but I never questioned his heart or work ethic until now. He needs to be benched and sent to watch from the preds box, like Kovy 2 years ago.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

559. coachdoug says:

Canes spanking the Oil…7-1 Ouch!

“Six more years…God Bless You Turtleneck Man!”

560. JIMVINNY says:

Right in the FACE!

561. Propwash says:

Plex is just such a stud

562. Rudy says:

Carey must be getting pretty frustrated with this team!

“Start the season with a clean equipment bag and a freah bucket of febreze!”-CharlieHodgeFan

563. matraque says:

Vancouver is a regular season team… Sure, they might win tonight, but they aren’t gonna win the Stanley Cup.

Montreal will win their 25th before Vancouver wins their 1st.

——

Canadien en 5!

Never go Full Retard

564. SeriousFan09 says:

Eller can move, needs to work with a finisher though.

565. secretdragonfly says:

Did someone sabotage the sticks?

566. JIMVINNY says:

Bah.  What do you think it going to happen with those two against the sisters?