Finally!

Not easy, of course.

Nothing ever is.

But big.

1. JIMVINNY says:

Nice play by Sopel. That’s a veteran move.

2. habstrinifan says:

The Canadiens are makinfg better zone clearances than we’ve seen during ‘ The Troubles’ … nice one Boone.

3. samTHEman says:

Wiz very MAB’esque so far. Why is he still wearing that grill?

4. JIMVINNY says:

Cammy’s shot is just not there. He must still be hurting.

5. sidhu says:

Last playoffs, that’s a goal by Cammy for sure.

6. JasonM says:

Comon Cammy.

7. Bill says:

The Troubles? Is that a reference to the tragedy of the Irish civil wars so soon after the infamous “Libya” post? Watch out Boone, or HIO will be awash in indignant tears again!!

Full Breezer 4 Life

8. habs001 says:

pouliot is 24 but his control over his body is like a 15 year old going thru puberty

9. habs-hampton says:

You know, I don’t think AK realizes how strong he is. He plays fairly physical, but he could be more dominant if he wanted to.

10. JasonM says:

Kostitsyn is a big boy

11. punkster says:

The only tank I see on this team is AK.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

12. JIMVINNY says:

AK is playing hard tonight.

If only Wiz could cut down on those brutal giveaways, he might be able to replace Markov.

• sidhu says:

I don’t know about replacing Marky — that’s not possible.

But I’d like to see Wiz on the right side of Marky, like where Souray used to play.

13. sidhu says:

Thoburn is a big guy, not an easy player to knock down.

14. larisalapointe says:

Booing has helped Gomez’ play. ???

And CA-REY!!

15. Keith says:

Wiz brain fart.

16. Passing looks much better, but unfortunately Benoit Pouliot is still Benoit Pouliot.

17. HabsFanInVictoria says:

I got Gionta scoring first!

18. Keith says:

Nice to see a little more urgency in the Hab’s game so far.

19. JIMVINNY says:

AK gave as good as he got on that sequence.

20. Kane tries to hit Hammer from behind and just bounces off. He’s a solid guy that Roman.

21. habs-hampton says:

anyone got a link?

22. SLYDER says:

Do we boo les boys for that or cheer for carey?

or pretend that start never happened

23. habstrinifan says:

Boone: 1P 20:00 I’m tense. You?

YES! I dont want to be sweating playoffs berth after weekend.

24. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Not even a minute in and they’re all over us.

25. Keith says:

I sure hope McCreary doesn’t stick it to us in his last game.

26. geo_habsgo says:

Streaming link if anyones interested:

27. JIMVINNY says:

Hopefully that ovation gets the Habs a little leeway with Mccreary.

28. go.habs.go says:

I gave up on them for the first time ever last week. With 8 minutes left. I’d never stopped watching before the final whistle before. Ever. I am not looking forward to a repeat performance. It would be more than I can handle.

29. Barts says:

Billy McCreary, class act.

30. ABHabsfan says:

Start the game with 6 attackers, get this done and we can all relax and just win games. Let’s go, Boys!

31. Classy ovation for a great ref.

32. sidhu says:

JM clapped? That’s the most emotion he may have showed all season.

33. kempie says:

This one’s going to be a real stick-sqeezer.

34. sidhu says:

BGL is a member of the media — for who?

35. SLYDER says:

just watched the Your Canadiens episode with Tom Pyatt – too bad he wont be in the line up to score tonight

CANT WAIT for a habs goal – the roof is going to explode…possibly with some sarcastic excitement

on another note…im sick and tired of the pleks cammy halpern line

put halpern back at center for christs sake

36. One of the people I’m against in my two battles for first place in pools is starting Pavalec tonight. C’mon Habs, do me a solid.

37. solomio says:

Mike I believe that should read tattoo’d not shampoed.
    Screwed, Blued and Tatoo’d.

38. So who’s your pick to score? I say AK46
    by mboone at 3/29/2011 11:07:31 PM7:07 PM

-Never thought I’d hear Booner say this.

39. Keith says:

So will the roof go off when or if the Habs score, or collapse if Atlanta scores.

40. CHsam says:

Georges Laraque will score

41. scrowe21 says:

I wonder how Maxwell will look tonight. Man Im glad we drafted him over Lucic…..

42. lemess says:

Pick to score?

Cammi – from the slot on a PP in the first – followed by a subtle fist pump – from DD (middle of a line change between powerplay units)

43. Keith says:

Where did all the comments go? Doh!

44. habstrinifan says:

“The Pleks-on-the-point experiment seems to be over.”.

Good! One of the most nonsensical moves of JM annd any poster WHO called for it.

A Power play point man must have more size than Pleks, a ‘longer stick/reach’ than Pleks and if he is gonna be a forward must be more of a puck-ragger than Pleks.

Pleks is a great great hockey player with industry and skill but he is NOT a puck ragger.

I could never understand PLEKS on the point and the many many calls for it. And I dont care how many people respond asking so “how many cups did you win?”… this move was more of JM reaching for answers by ‘overusing’ a player whose work and game he is fond off. He does this a lot.

• habs001 says:

in the long run hammer and marra will also not produce on the pp…they are too slow and have no agility to play pp point…

• habstrinifan says:

If among Subban/Webber/Georges and Markov you cant come up with a good 1st and 2nd point on the PP and bolster your defence with a huge stay at home defensively sound and tough D-MAN… then we have lousy talent or still lousy coaching.

45. Rugger says:

anyone find any live links yet? All the usual places seem to be striking out.

46. Da Hema says:

Laraques just tweeted that he is a pompous ass.

47. higginrs says:

WIZ from the point on a HUGE blast!

48. cheezboie says:

Gionta for the goal –
    Wish list for Habs 2011/12
    1. Get rid of Martin/Pearn/Gauthier! Muller? Pierre McGuire? Guy Boucher… oops…
    2. Gomez to the Bulldogs for 3-4million off the cap or any other team if they’ll take him.
    3. Resign the Wiz not Markov (younger, tougher, less injury prone).
    4. Sign at least one big body winger.
    (sub in player for ak46 if you can get a big winger that can bring it)
    Camm – Pleks – AK46
    Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gionta
    moen – eller – Palushaj/Dawes (34 goals in 58 games in the ahl)
    Darche – Halpern – White
    Pyatt
    Gorges – Wisniewski
    Gill – Subban
    Hamrlik – Weber
    Spacek
    Price/Auld

Gomez for captain of the Hamilton Bulldogs!

• habstrinifan says:

I would sign Markov and look for an upgrade on WIZ as far as toughness and stay at home defensive play. Let Markov/Subban/Webber handle the puck moving roles and get a real real solid hard-nosed HUGE stay-at-home D-MAN.

Markov may be older but healthy, he is way way better than WIZ.

Slump breaking goal P.K on the PP…. early. i said 2:50 period one before.. but i am rethinking between 2:00 and 7:00

• rob_c says:

This is EXACTLY what I want to see. 3 puck moving D. Im afraid what Wiz might fetch Im willing to see him go. Also Weber’s best asset may be how cheap he is towards the cap. He’s showed steady improvement and I feel confident with him in a 5-6 role. Glad someone shares the same thought process as me.

• rob_c says:

the only improvement on this team is NO Gomez. Pesonally Im not a big fan of that roster.. A lot of the veterans will be taxed another year. I really don’t see how thats an improved roster. Not a lot of depth. There will always be injuries. Don’t read to much into Dawes numbers in the AHL they mean nothing. ( Corey Locke, Daren Haydar)

49. habs001 says:

i hear the rangers signed a college player from alaska …maybe they need someone to tutor him and someone he can relate to…any ideas?

50. JFriedman says:

Laraque just tweeted to me that the players would rather have Muller as head coach…

• Ian Cobb says:

I just tweeted Laraque’s yellow stripe back, QUOTE ,you have no credibility left, and no balls to do your job that you were brought here for.

• habstrinifan says:

Just a question Ian… ignore Laraque whatever.. do you think though that if given a choice the players would rather have Muller?

I dont know how to answer myself cause it is so hypothetical a question but if I had to venture an answer I would say YES.

We Just finished a meeting with staff and coaches from two OHL hockey clubs prior to their play off game. Pertaining to head injuries in hockey. Great meeting, and I want to watch our game so will tell you more later.

If you would like to visit our PLAY IT COOL EDUCATION PROGRAM. Where we are working with former NHL players.

Click onto playitcoolhockey.com

52. ooder says:

hall gill… back hand.. center ice
    book it!
    ——————
    GWG = game winning gionta!

53. larisalapointe says:

Someone in a Habs’ jersey will score, several as a matter of fact.

“Mark my Words” lol

Ok, I am outta here. Watching the game on PVR later today.
    Have fun and play nice, folks.

55. Rainrocket16 says:

Gio will get the first goal!!!!

56. jew4jah says:

pk @ 5:44 on the pp

chara = חרה

I pick ma man Hal Gill!

58. tony d says:

I think it’s time for Sopel to bang one in…it’ll go off a Thrasher D

59. Keith says:

It starts tonight with a win! GO HABS GO!!!

60. larisalapointe says:

According to Andrew Ladd, after a lethargy of goals scored, the Habs are bound to explode with goals soon.

He should know and I wish it happens tonight. Might change the mood around here. : )

61. JIMVINNY says:

So now BGL thinks he’s a member of the media? Based on what? His inclination towards making up ridiculous s**t about the Habs?

• Clay says:

You’re so certain he made it up? How so? What evidence do you have for this assertion? Contacts in the room? Something like this?

__________________________
      The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

62. HabsFanInVictoria says:

In the last 10 years the Habs have been able to surprise us when we least expect it. I don’t recall many years that the Habs didn’t squeak into the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed. Barring a few unfortunate playoff results, they were able to surprise us with 1st round upsets (usually against Boston). Look at last season for yet another example.

My point is, this team can still surprise you, so don’t be so quick to cast judgment. A player like Gomez or Cammy (who have had less than ideal seasons) have the ability to make things happen at any moment and come through for us, when it counts most.

A real fan will stick with his team, and his players. I’m not saying to follow blindly, but to believe in what they can do. The current state of affairs regarding this losing streak, and the posts that have followed lately, have made me embarrassed to be a fan of this team. I always thought Canucks fan’s were fickle, but i’m starting to believe otherwise. Let’s stop with all the negativity and start being a fan again. The kind of fan that takes enjoyment in the team. After all, trashing them today and cheering for them tomorrow is eerily similar to being a bandwagon fan.

• JIMVINNY says:

I agree with what you’re saying, but prepare to be repeatedly lambasted and negative-thumbed for not being radically militant about change.

• rob_c says:

Besides observer I’m pretty sure we’re all real fans and we all want to see our habs succeed. Its tough to be positive when players are playing with their heads in their ass, the coaching is suspect, and you have Scott Gomez playing 20 minutes of useless hockey per game.

• Clay says:

Are you saying a real fan can’t hope for change? This team may indeed “surprise” like last season, but the last time I checked the point was to win the cup.
      As a ‘real fan’, that is what I want my team to do. And yes, a miracle run is all well and good, but I would rather them be serious contenders year in and year out.

__________________________

So what happens when “the event” starts? Boone’s face appears?

64. DearyLeary says:

Someone please explain what Paul Mara is doing on a PP unit. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen.

65. shuttle-lemaire-lafleur says:

Everyone….stay calm,sit back,put your feet up,enjoy your beverage….JM has it all under control…relax….the system will prevail…

66. Keith says:

My thoughts on tonight’s game are as follows…

SCORE A F***ING GOAL HAB’S!!!

Ben Maxwell scored his first NHL goal on Sunday night.

He wears jersey #49 for Atlanta.

68. New says:

Everyone picks on Gomez (including moi) but here’s a thought. Is it possible everyone else around him is so bad that it is dragging Gomez down, rather than the other way around?

• ooder says:

——————
      GWG = game winning gionta!

• HabsProf says:

Possible? I suppose, but I HIGHLY doubt it.
      1) Most other players do better once they are on someone else’s line.
      2) Many of his moves/passes have been inexplicable. In retrospect, watching in slo-mo, we can’t figure out what he was trying to do or why he passed it there. Why on earth would his linemate be able to figure it out on the fly while skating at 30+ km per hour?
      3) We’ve seen Gomez at his best. We have a basis of comparison. This just isn’t it. Something has changed.

I’ve always thought that it is a low-class move to take a veteran and pull a Souray/Redden on him, but it is starting to look like that might be necessary for next year or even the year after. This contract is an albatross around the team’s neck (engineer providing literary reference to prove he is not merely a quant-jock).

I was stunned at how bad the Gomez trade was at the time of execution and that was back when I thought he would be a 60-70 point man. It is unbelievably bad now.
      _____________________________________

They brought their f____ing toys with them!

• Bill says:

Somebody – forget who sorry – did a pretty good break down of how Gomez’s wingers produce less with him and more with others. So I don’t think so. Not to bash Gomez, but it’s a fact.

Besides, the number one centre is supposed to be the guy who raises the game of the players around him … isn’t he?

I really hope that he turns it around and has a GREAT playoff so we can start fresh. If he does nothing in the post season or – heaven forbid – the Habs slide out of the playoff race, it’s going to be hard for him to play next season.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• rob_c says:

Not possible my friend. They don’t come worse then Mr. Gomez.

• VancouverHab says:

Possible…even likely. Gionta is not scoring despite gilt edged chances. and before MaxPac went down — glory! Steady point production by the set-up winger, Gomez. Lose MaxPac and Gomez is supposed to do everything.

69. king ddd says:

OK! the thumps up thumps down thingy is officially starting to piss me off!

** Buck Fruins **

70. avatar_58 says:

So will Eller get any icetime tonight? I mean he had chances every time he was out there last game, but Martin INSISTED on using Plekanec and Gomez who couldn’t even make a decent pass.

Use players who are creating chances – REGARDLESS of how much money they make or how many years they’ve been playing please. Otherwise martin is simply banging his head against the wall.

71. Kristopher7 says:

First goal will be scored by Ron Hainsey.

Oh wait, you mean current Hab?

72. Mike Bone says:

Why do they keep putting Gomez on the first PP unit? Why? It’s beyond pointless at this point.

73. SeriousFan09 says:

How about something that worked on the point, like Subban-Wiz? JM’s personnel choices on the PP have been baffling of late.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu. Habs and Hockey.

74. tbovs says:

I have predicted this slump to circles….Boone….and have always got the same answer…this earrily looks like the centennnail season that saw the habs limp into playoffs and being swept in 4 miserable games. But alas that is why they play them cause this can be fixed. If you get one then you realize that … wait a minute…the effin puck does fit in the net…whoda thunk it!! (should have know that anyways cause the other team was puttin them in consitently). I guess it stems down to complacency and cofidence neither one is good for the other. The only way to fix this is to strip it bare i.e. simple game plan …. and execute…..dirty dirty like Chirstina Augilerra dirty goals are the norm. Do what ever you have to do to get the frist one and then let go of the sticks and pray for more. People in the media are ltalking end of days with this scoring slump. “could we have had this team all wrong…..is this the team we should expect… yada yada and yada.” No this team is the team who has over 40 wins and has a top 3 goalie in the league at the other end. They are good but need some swagger. Need to retrieve the mojo that the Bruins sucked out of their nether regions the other night. Just go a nd play a simple game and work hard. Things will change. Goalscorers just don’t forget how to score and same with playmakers and defencemen. The game is never forgotton…just the mental aspect needs to be treated and that is where the coaching staff comes in. JM is a very good coach and to those who think not….what would you like to do now…fire him and promote Muller 2 weeks before playoffs begin…..very smart indeed…opponents wouldn’t see that coming. Bold prediction … they will score tonight and win the game. They just need to put a solid MENTAL effort in. Solid between the ears for 60 mins and they will win. With all that carbon being squeezed I would check for diamonds in the training room…get the first one and the stress will be relieved.

75. king ddd says:

unlike most of you i think JM has done a fine job this year, however one thing that bugs me is why aren’t the wiz and pk paired in the PP? and why in the blue hell is P.K. on the second wave?

** Buck Fruins **

• t1tan5 says:

I agree. To keep this team afloat through all these injuries is really commendable. Although I disagree with some of his tactics, the results (last week notwithstanding) show how good of a job JM has done this season.