TEAM win

No passengers.

And a VERY good night for Jacques Martin.

1. Plek-Andrew says:

24 cups!!!

Yes the Plekster is back after years of inactivity!

I’m sorry to stir the pot right away but I have to disagree with anyone who disagrees with me (lol) concerning Poutliot.

That man WILL be a superstar and has all the abilities to do so – size, speed, soft hands, great shot, good vision of the ice, youth.

He is a total package except for the fact that for some strange reason, he is ALWAYS FALLING!

Can someone PLEASE explain that to me?! Am I the only one who noticed that he hits the ground at least 5 times per game?

Confidence…. that’s what he’s lacking!

Remember how Plekanec’s confidence skyrocketed season after season? Look at him now; untouchable and wearing an A in last night’s game…

Let’s stay patient with Pouliot.

24 Cups, you’re right in saying that he was given first line duty without having earned it and so it is time for him to step up!

And I’d love to come to the summit! I haven’t been to the Bell Centre in close to two years but would love to go watch this team because for the first time in a VERY long time,

I’m proud of who the Canadiens are!

2. Plek-Andrew says:

Hey JF,

I’ve been busy with school!

And people generally disagreed with me because I was a cocky little pr*ck lol…

I’m wondering if I should go back to that? haha

3. Mike Boone says:

Your profile being “Pains in the Ass, based in Alberta”.

You know we luv ya, Timo!

4. JF says:

Where have you been all this time?  I used to enjoy your posts although I often disagreed with you.

You could be right about Ak46.  He looks much more involved than last year and he’s playing with an edge, which we never used to see.

I still think Pouliot could become a solid top-six although not a superstar.  He’s actually looked quite good so far, and apparently he’s taking his “demotion” in a better spirit than he did last year.

I’m not sure Eller’s ready for top line duty except in short spells.  That said, I’d like to see him up there tonight rather than Moen.

Price looks great so far.  The team needs to get him a few wins.

Wow – that’s quite a return to H I/O!

Eller is a solid prospect but he’s just in his first year.  Let’s not put this guy in a position that’s way over his head.

Pouliot will never be a superstar.  His ‘name’ wasn’t a factor in Minnesota and he shite the bed there.  He can be a top six guy but I’m starting to get fed up hearing about his lack of confidence.  What does he want?  He came in here and was basically been given a top six job without having earned it.  Time to step up.

I hope you’re right about Andrei.  This is his last kick at the can in Montreal and if he fails that means we got dick squat out of the best draft year in ages.

I’m not worried about Price.

We are a wildcard when it comes to winning the Cup.  I’m willing to play along in order to keep my sanity on this site.

P.S. Will we see you at the Summit?

6. scrowe21 says:

Pouliot is not a but I felt like he was playing with plenty of confidence so far this year, he’s hitting a lot, got a couple assists and a few scoring chances..Dunno why he got moved around. I hope this doesn’t screw him up even more… If anyone needs to pick it up on that line its our captain. He has been invisible.

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

Your problem, JT, is that you’ve answered the question thruthfully. No good can come from that.

8. pathockey1 says:

Thats a pretty good top 6

9. Plek-Andrew says:

Just a few thoughts from the Plekster:

Lars Eller should be given a shot on the first line. His speed, vision, agility and tremendous puckhandling skills should compliment Gionta and Gomez quite well. The only problem? Too much circling around and not enough shooting lol. Nothing that can’t be adjusted, however!

Pouliot NEEDS to re-gain his confidence. He is a superstar, without an ounce of a doubt, yet there is something blocking him from achieving his potential just yet… Could it be the pressure of having the name “Pouliot” in Quebec that’s hurting him? Hmm…

Andrei Kostitsyn is going to have a breakthrough season. I’ve never seen him play with such intensity and LOVE for the game. With his brother gone, and as hundreds have pointed out, there will be less distractions for #46 going into the season. I’m also starting to sense a revival in terms of his hockey sense… he finally HAS some! He seems to know where to go MOST of the time… In my opinion, he just needs to learn to position himself along the boards to support his teammates. All in due time…

Carey Price is concentrated. Forget talk of his skills; he is razor SHARP and focused like he once used to when he first broke into the NHL. Only thing left now is to see if the team is capable of minimizing shots and scoring more often.

I have to agree with everyone who thinks it’s foolish to conserve a 2-goal lead halfway through the game. There isn’t really much more I can add to that lol

Finally, a note of controversy;

The 2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens are a Stanely Cup contender this year.

Should Pouliot, Kostitsyn, Eller and Price find a certain level of consistency, who’s to say our offense is lacking in any sense?

10. scrowe21 says:

Only prospect they should consider throwing in that trade is Maxwell.. Spacek and Maxwell for Bieksa would be ok I guess.

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

“We thank you for your precious collaboration; it is greatly appreciated.
    Unfortunately, we have reached the number of participants your profile.”

12. Rugger says:

I tried to take the survey but couldn’t get past the first question, do you promise to answer thoughtfully?  This is an HI/O survey isn’t it?

13. Propwash says:

Took the survey…..whats all this stuff about giving away my firstborn upon signing up to HIO?! O_o

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

14. Chuck says:

Exclusionist pigs. Tell it that you’re from Montreal.

15. Chuck says:

I took the survey. (Mike, I’ll expect a pint from you at the Summit)

16. J.T. says:

Tried your silly survey.  It doesn’t want my opinion.

17. light_n_tasty says:

Keeping in mind you said “assuming it’s true”…

Yes, I would trade for Bieksa.  Any one of Spacek, Hamrlik, O’Byrne and a pick/prospect.  Ideally, it would be Spacek, because Hamrlik’s contract will be gone in the offseason anyways, and we would need to lose both Hamrlik’s and Spacek’s contracts to fit both Bieksa and Markov’s hefty new contract under the cap next season.

Bieksa is basically Komisarek, but faster, with skillz, and a shot.  So I guess not at all like Komisarek.  But he would be a great pairing with Markov, imo.

18. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

Ahhh.. and I apologize for not getting all levels of sarcasm 🙂

19. king ddd says:

who the hell is bieksa

20. matraque says:

CKAC talked with Gilbert… He was not invited.

Canadien en 5!
    Never go Full Retard

21. Habscore says:

Hey guys!! I’m in TO today, and was wondering, are the Leafs playing or will they show the Habs’ game on CBC or TSN?? Anybody knows? Thanks!!

22. Propwash says:

I’m going to Hurley’s to watch the game upstairs on the big screen.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

23. WarHero says:

Pretty much what most people think I assume, LOL!

24. RS says:

We’ve seen exciting flashes before. If he gives us 40 good games over the whole season, it will be progress. And I consider myself to one of his fans.

25. Chuck says:

I’m conflicted… the last time the Leafs got off to a 4-0 start, the Habs won the Cup. Does that mean that I have to root for them tonight?

26. SeriousFan09 says:

I’d say Eklund’s report means we have no interest in him at all and this trade is never going to happen, just like the Brule, Cogliano and Frolov rumours that he ran for 2 years straight before he pulled Bieksa out of his fat ***.

Bieksa’s nothing special.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

27. sidhu says:

Grandmaster B is not going?

28. scrowe21 says:

im just hoping he keeps it up..that goal was sick

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

29. sidhu says:

Valabik is big, but only had 15 hits in 23 games last year.  He’s softer than Chantal’s ____

30. WarHero says:

Per La Eklund:

“Kevin Bieksa has shown up to play this year and has a new lease on life recently playing with Dan Hamhuis, but last night another major source of mine told me the Canadiens WILL trade for Bieksa when Salo returns. “They love him and the Canucks are thrilled Bieksa is playing better so they can get more in return…eventually.”

Take what you want from it ….

For fun, assuming it’s true, what are your thoughts?

31. Chuck says:

Where are you sitting? And should I tell her that you call her Peggy?  🙂

32. danedmunds says:

going tonight… come say hi to peggy and i. GO HABS GO

33. WarHero says:

How come no one is talking about AK46?

Seems like the kid has come to play this year. He was a bulldog in the Tampa game and that goal was a beauty 🙂

34. WarHero says:

Price 🙂

35. WarHero says:

You are absolutely right. Besides only Subban & Picard have 2-ways for the d-men, and it cetainly ain’t Subban that’s being sent down 🙂

36. Chorske says:

As was I. I apologize for not making that clearer.

37. twocents says:

Absolutely, when Markov is back, the six man D is solid.

38. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

I think JT was being sarcastic.

39. RS says:

I think you’re right. If all the D are healthy, somebody has to go to Hamilton. It’s most likely to be Picard.

Martin is giving him another game with the Habs before he heads to the AHL.

40. RS says:

Yes, if current D includes Markov.

41. Fansincebirth says:

Does anyone think our current collection of D-men is going to cut it for us this year?

42. Chorske says:

I’d rather have a guy who scores a point per game over three games, than who gets a hat trick in one.

Now all we need to do is find all the guys on waivers who have a point per game… and pick one. Preferably French. And over 6’2″.

43. Chorske says:

Hee. Verkakte has to be one of my fave yiddish words.

I think I already posted this, but I think O’Byrne is the new Chipchura. Occasional flashes of basic functionality, some frustrating steps backward, all of which lead to uncertainty as to whether the player is NHL worthy. With O’Byrne, I think if he were 6’0″ tall his goose would already be cooked. But he has that one magical attribute of being HUGE. It ends there, at least as far as JM is concerned. I don’t think O’Byrne willl get a regular shift in the lineup as long as JM is coach. Ergo, yeah, he may not be done, but he is in the oven.

44. J.T. says:

Now is the time to claim guys on waivers…while the Habs are sitting around the bottom of the standings.  I know Brunnstrom has been a bust, but he scored a hat trick in his first NHL game.  He’s got to have something, right?  A hat trick in your first NHL game is like starting the season 3-0.  Any team that does that is definitely going to make the playoffs, right?

45. RGM says:

Pretty crazy about Brunnstrom – he was a hot commodity only a couple years ago. When the 08-09 season began he was second only to Stamkos in terms of rookie hype.

46. mjames says:

Weren’t Martin St Louis and Marc Savard also on waivers at one time. Pierre, you never know.

47. Thomas Le Fan says:

Funny stuff from Down Goes Brown. How true, in most cases.

Moore was a nice find last year but honestly, does anyone think he will suddenly become a 30 goal scorer just to spite us? 15 goal scorers are almost the proverbial ‘dime a dozen’ and under the cap guys like Moore who have a good year may find themselves priced out of hockey.

48. SeriousFan09 says:

Thomas Vanek: no points and -4 over 4GP so far, I think we can cope.

– I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

49. Fant-HAB-ulous says:

I agree. I think JM is still doing try-outs for the 7th d-man. Markov is supposed to come back next Thursday, so why not give Picard a shot for one game. I don’t think it’s a knock on O’Byrne.

50. forskis says:

It is too bad OB has to sit tonight, but I do not think it is the end for him in the CH.  He has done alright so far this season and JM HAS to have noticed that.  Besides his occasional panic attacks, which will take time to get over, you do not notice him as much as before, and that is a good thing if you want to be a steady defenceman.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

51. Sith says:

That better be the last survey. 🙂

52. Chuck says:

Yeah… let the kid play!

M – Same goes for O’Byrne!!!

54. TommyB says:

The Aud was great for that.  You could arrive early to watch the pre-game warmup and stand right behind the visitor’s net.  Can’t do that in the HSBC.

55. megagoten says:

i’d rather give the ice-time to boyd and see if he can turn himself into something

56. HABSsince92 says:

Actually the ceremony might be pretty good tonight. I know that Henri Richard will be part of the ceremonies. Can’t wait for work to be over so I can get to HSBC! Go Habs Go!

Been a Habs fan since I was in 2nd grade and sat behind Patrick Roy at the Aud.

57. 21BIGGionta says:

I would rather have boyd and Halpern than Moore (even though Moore is a great player).

And any word on who starts in goal (99% sure its price but who knows?)