The Boston boos

CammallerigoalGame2

Ooh, they’re not happy in Beantown.

Who saw this coming?

1. tony d says:

Huge win…so nice to see our boys getting into their heads… Thomas and Lucy looked nervous out there. Gotta keep playing that disciplined game. Bravo les boys.

2. Propwash says:

Just got back from Hurleys, and MAN that was awesome! The Habs mean business, and Boston doesn’t know what to make of it. Strike early, strike hard, and watch them crumble at the seams.

3. The Juice says:

I’d rather a Bruin fan post on this site than this dude’s crap…

__________________________________________________________________________

“To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high!”

4. smiler2729 says:

Hey Boone,

I SAW THIS COMING!!

So did 3/4 of this place, I wanted the Bruins, a lot of us wanted the Bruins, not only cuz we’re in their head BUT you know after that EMBARRASSING soulsucking 7-0 loss, you just had to hope the Habs we’re going to flex their muscles against Boston the only way they can – BY BEATING THEM AT HOCKEY.

Et voila, coming home 2-0.

Well coached team, all on the same page, JUST BELIEVE… AGAIN.

“My second favourite team is whoever plays the Leafs”

5. ricardamundo says:

Line of the night for me: “Horton hears a Boo.”

Great game, great discipline, total team effort.

Rammed it down their throats. Go Habs … Les Canadiens sont la!~

6. Shiloh says:

I have to drive my daughter to Peterborough to start her new job at the end of April. If Les Boys are still playing, I may head up to Montreal – even to take in the game at Hurley’s. what am I looking at – 5 or 6 hours Peterborough to Mtl?

7. habsfaninboston says:

Just got home, turned TV on, and all I could say is WOW! Up 2-0.

8. filincal says:

If the opening faceoff crowd noise on Monday doesn’t make all our pending UFA’s give PG a hometown discount…nothing will.
    The Bell will be Bangin’ and our boys are going to need to control their emotions…don’t pull a Booin!

I BLEED BLEU BLANC ET ROUGE!!!

9. The Juice says:

Keep it cool boys…last 2 times Habs won 2 road games to start a series they lost (Carolina and NYR)…just saying…Game 3 is also a must win!

__________________________________________________________________________

“To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high!”

10. sidhu says:

Anyone have a link to the Cammy interview where his answers are very short, direct because of his focus? It was before game 1.

Bulldogs win their game 2-1 with Engqvist and Dawes scoring and now lead their series 2-0 against the Oklahoma City Barons.

12. Da Hema says:

I think Chara was faking it.

13. SBAH says:

Nice to see Les Boys win both games in Bean Town!

14. habs001 says:

monday huge game as the pressure will be on the habs…they need to play calm and not get too excited by the crowd noise and make mistakes…win monday = series over thursday and most important what they missed last year in the playoff is rest between the next series

• Steven says:

You really can’t ask for anything more than the two wins they picked up. That was excellent poise and execution.

But I agree wholeheartedly. They have to go into Game 3 with the same mentality and just take it to the Bruins again. They can steal this series from them now, but they’re still 2 wins away.

15. dhenry1234 says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

habs now have a stranglehold on the series. Bruins will have no idea what hit them when they go on the ice to the boos at the bell centre. We now have them right where we want them!

16. Fansincebirth says:

I ecstatic about being up 2 – 0.

We have to be very careful though not to let this go to our heads and think we have this in the bag. Same effort in Montreal is going to be required.

Welcome to the new NHL – NASCAR on Ice

17. JD_ says:

This just in: Baghdad Brad Marchand is reportin’ the Broonz fans weren’t booin’ the Broonz but, rather, simply demonstratin’ their displeasure that the 30-share sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) recently slipped a hair to close at 19,386.82 points, down 64.63 points or 0.33 percent compared to its previous weekly close.

Hurley’s Monday.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

18. Chuck says:

It’s obvious that the Bruins are just trying to avoid the embarrassment of losing a series after being up 3-0.

19. Chris79 says:

OH MY..!?!?!?! Bell is gonna need a new Roof, when the Habs go back home…!!

Cherry was talking about how Price was as cool as a cucumber and all you needed to do was check his underwear for proof. Then he had to explain later that he meant that because there wouldn’t be any sweat. A few episodes ago it was the gerbil up his what.

I think somebody needs to hook up Pierre McGuire with Don Cherry, I mean for Coach’s Corner of course.

21. slapshot777 says:

Habs get no respect. I remember before the playoffs started TSN did their draft picks for the playoffs. Not one player on the Habs was picked. No one person gave the Habs a chance. Big mouth Mcguire was one of the big blowhards on TSN telling anyone who would listen how the Bruins were going to crush the Habs.

This is why when GM and coaching positions come up He is never considered. I bet we are getting RESPECT now .

Coming home 2-0 can’t get any better than that. Anyone who thinks the Garden was loud never been to the Bell Centre. The fans are going to blow the roof off the place.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

• DearyLeary says:

Same story last season. Good goaltending, keeping chances to the exterior, allow the keeper to see the puck and you’ve got a chance to win any game.

I can’t believe it, but there were precious few moments in the third where I was nervous. The boys played textbook road hockey again tonight.

Now we go home, where we were among the best in the league.

How ya like us now?

• Steven says:

Game 3 is definitely gonna be something else, but I hope the Boys don’t get too comfortable. They’re still 2 wins away from ending it, and better they wait till then before they go lax.

22. joeybarrie says:

Come on home boys, your up two nil and you get to play in a REAL rink where you can hear the fans.
    Hey Chara, better get some fluids, cause we can beat you guys by two with or without you…
    COULDNT BE HAPPIER RIGHT NOW.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

23. Rainrocket16 says:

This is just wonderful!!! Subban was very impressive at the final comments..” It’s all Business!!”

24. PrimeTime says:

Not over yet but history on our side.

“Extremism only serves one’s selfish desires”

25. Spartan117 says:

I think Cherry is going senile

26. Rugger says:

NESN just went there “game was over 5 minutes before it started when Chara was scratched”

27. Da Hema says:

Cherry blames Thomas for the Bruins loss tonight. Good analysis, you senile old fart. If it weren’t for Thomas, the game would have ended 6-1. Bring on Rask then, genius Don.

28. Old Bald Bird says:

Cherry wants the Bruins to play Task. Me too.

29. Shiloh says:

Well that was nice.

30. JD_ says:

I BELIEVE, BABY!

That was, well, dehydratin’.

Comin’ this Monday: BroonzMeltdown™ 2011 – Part III.

Be there.

31. jew4jah says:

karma’s a bitch (there’s your suspension past due)

chara = חרה

32. novahab says:

Eller was an animal tonight great trade wow did he play well.

Everybody raise your hands who thought the Habs would be returning to Montreal with 2 games in their pockets.

• pmaraw says:

i was praying we would, but i never thought it would happen. been saying all along that hope they learned from the two 7 game series, looks like they did, get em over early and stay healthy

34. Jim Edson says:

Gonna be intriguing to watch the Goons b_tch slap each other in the media for the next couple of days!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

35. PeriodPain says:

ALL BUSINESSSSSSS!!!!!

36. joeybarrie says:

ALL BUSINESS BABY…. THAT’S MY BOY. ALL BUSINESS….

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

37. Chuck says:

Gomez owes Price a big steak dinner with all of the trimmings for blowing his coverage on the back check and costing him his second straight shutout.

38. sidhu says:

Amazing interview by PK afterwards. Short, direct answers. “All business”

39. RGM says:

I will say it again….I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!

Carey Price is All Hart! http://on.fb.me/CP31Hart
    Support my playoff beard: http://www.beardathon.ca/english/RGM81/profile.aspx

40. Keith says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

2-0 Series lead!!!
    Goin down Gooins!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. PrimeTime says:

so sweet

“Extremism only serves one’s selfish desires”

42. habinypsi says:

1star: Price, 2nd Martin, 3rd everyone else

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
    Matt Groening, “Life in Hell”

43. Exit716 says:

Christ. Price should have had the shutout. Gomez owes him.

44. SlovakHab says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!

45. GOOOOO HABS GOOOO!

WOOOOOOOO!

2-0 GOING TO MONTREAL WOW!

46. sidhu says:

Lot of yellow seats, you call those fans??

47. habsfan74 says:

Wow what a dumb comment by healey.

48. Da Hema says:

Would the Bruins hire Don Cherry to coach their team again?

That would kill two birds with one stone! We wouldn’t have to suffer him on Coach’s Corner any longer, and the Bruins would have yet another in a long line of losers for coaches.

49. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Love this team!!! Great players, great coach and a great GM! Pretty damn good advisor too.

50. EricInStL says:

Back from Vegas, just a thought names have to be taken and retribution will have to be dished out next year.

Very impressed by the Canadiens.

I think Lucic is a half decent player, but jeez he’s like a zombie. I think Boston should play more of Thornton than Lucic.

Some late minute thuggery ?

51. Trisomy 21 says:

I can’t believe I just heard this on CBC..
    Regarding ler fighting off 4 Bruins:
    “He’s DANISH….. you buy that in a coffee shop”

52. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Recchi, time to retire dude. and keep your mouth shut when it happens.

53. NoTinFoilCups says:

What an asinine comment by Healy about Eller! What a douche!

54. sidhu says:

I think everyone is being too hard on Recchi, how many 40-somethings can play hockey full time and get a medical degree? He’s just amazing.

55. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Kiss your career goodbye Claude!!!!!

56. sidhu says:

Campbell, Thorton, Paille on with 2 mins left. What a class act.

57. Keith says:

Need to win this draw.

58. Bill says:

Are they targeting Subban’s head?

Full Breezer 4 Life

59. RGM says:

I love this team. Nothing but heroes tonight!

Carey Price is All Hart! http://on.fb.me/CP31Hart
    Support my playoff beard: http://www.beardathon.ca/english/RGM81/profile.aspx

60. pmaraw says:

marchand shoots like a girl

61. FormalWare says:

LMAO @ Boone: “Horton Hears a Boo!”

Habs: Possessors of the league’s best PK–now, and for the foreseeable future

62. Ian Johnson says:

Love it–Horton hears a boo…. I think he was poisoned by playing for such a mediocre team for so long…

63. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

Hockey is Bobby Orr. Hockey is Bobby Hull; Stan Mikita; Wayne Gretzky. Hockey is speed, finesse, skill and power. None of which has anything to do with mayhem. Hockey is being debased with thuggery, that your league not only condones, but encourages. -Alan Shore (The Practice)

this is my new signature .Like it?

64. VancouverHab says:

Clean win by Gomez on the O-Zone faceoff, & Gionta backchecks like a fiend.

65. JVF says:

So, Dr. Recchi, what’s your prognosis now?

• Da Hema says:

The world-famous proctologist Dr. Recchi will have to perform additional rectal examinations of the Bruins to provide an additional prognosis. He will gleefully to that too!

• JohnBellyful says:

Dear Dr. Rechhi,

I play competitive sports and our team is currently in the playoffs against a lower-seeded team. Incredibly we are down 2-0 series and have to play the next two games on their ice. Also, our best player took ill before tonight’s game and couldn’t play. What’s your diagnosis? Is our team choking?
      Mad in Massachusetts
      Mad,
      How the %&^$&*%# would I know? Do I look like a doctor to you? &*#^#@, do I even look like a player?

66. TheMock780 says:

Amazing just how effective the system we all hate during the regular season becomes at playoff time

67. Keith says:

Pyatt has played his best hockey in these playoffs, and Eller has been getting better by the shift.

68. Da Hema says:

Hey!

Has anyone noticed how awesome Eller is?

69. Jim Edson says:

Hey Boone,

Do they miss Chara more than the Canadiens miss Markov and Gorges?

Don’t think so!

———————————————————————-

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

70. zak says:

webber having a good game

71. I_SAY_FIGHT says:

I’ve never seen a chihuahua kill a Mastiff but this is close enough to it and I love it!!!! – funny

72. PrimeTime says:

what adjustments has Clod made??? What a f@kin chitty coach!!

“Extremism only serves one’s selfish desires”

73. habs001 says:

tremendous sequence by the eller line

74. sidhu says:

Pyatt has been solid tonight, unsung, not flashy

75. What work by Eller and Pyatt!