No Pleks, no problem

Buffalo is terrible.

But Carey Price was excellent.

As was the PhD line.

1. _Habsoloutly_ says:

It’s also on TSN’s alternate channel #402 on Bell.

2. king ddd says:

first of all price is not to blame for the losses. second of all even if we had halak, the team wont win with just halak playing on his head. you need players to score goals, which is what we are lacking!

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

3. fuhgawz says:

is this game on anywhere but RDS?>

4. SLYDER says:

I know this is redundant….but

Jaroslav Halak in 2010

1.53 GAA

.940 PCT

7-1-1

6-0-0 at home

3 shutouts (Nashville, Pittsburgh, San Jose)

If he continues at this pace…

57-8-8…..24 shutouts

Maybe Pierre is building a time machine as we speak…

5. Propwash says:

Would anyone here take Ruff over Martin?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

6. smiler2729 says:

Okay fellow Hab fans, I/O staff, Summiters and even you freakin’ trolls, I am outta here. I have to get my stuff together for a weekend hockey tourney in Georgetown starting tonight…

Here’s raising a pint to me playing like Carey Halak tonight…

Here’s raising a pint to you guys in Buffalo at the HSBC, I’d be there too if I didn’t have a tournament…

Here’s raising six pints to all you guys in front of the TV blogging with Boone…

AND here’s raising a whole damn keg to Ian and all the lucky ones who get argue over everything Habs in person at Hurley’s.

CHEERS!

7. arcosenate says:

Wow, if Pleks ever did go down for and extended period the arse would be out of her in a hurry.

Hope all the summit boys and girls enjoy themselves immensely.

And the habs get all 4 points this weekend.

8. WarHero says:

Hey guys .. for those of you who want to see some of Jarred Tinordi:

Ottawa 67′s -vs- London Knights

Tonight: 7:30pm

Rogers Channel 22 (Otawa)

Online:

I’ll be live blogging the game. You can view the blog at: http://ottawa67shub.com/category/ottawa-67s/

Cheers,
    Anthony

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Fan hub & HockeyBuzz

9. hablifting says:

The suspension and penalty were terrible calls.  I think we will see fans and hockey people talking about this issue some more.  Thornton is in a no win situation there.

a) He lets Perron go by and the Blues score.  Coach/GM/Fans angry at him
    b) He hooks or holds Perron, see above
    c) He submarines Perron to ensure that no head contact is made, Perron blows out his knee, smashes his hip, his skate comes whiping up and cuts someone throat, who knows.  Shoulder to shoulder is the safest bet.

The NHL ignored Avery’s slash on Komi a few weeks back, look it up on Youtube.
    I have yet to see any comment on Downies attempt to “Mcammond” Willie Mitchell last night.

Can we not stick to suspending guys for CLEAR attempts to injure?

This blindside rule is complete garbage.  If you can’t keep your goddamn head up, go down a league, please.

10. smiler2729 says:

B. Bend and cartwheel him

or

D. Lay him out like an all-u-can-eat buffet.

Fundamental hockey rule: KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

11. gatorg says:

GO HABS GO!!!!  Friday night hockey = many many Molsons. Hard to call 2 games a rut. Habs will dominate. Time for Martin to call up tofill in the winger for G&G. Might wake up a few others while they are there even for a short time.  Give Markov a little time to get up to speed. Price is better than Halak. All is well in Habland.

12. _Habsoloutly_ says:

They should get Cournoyer’s auto on those teeth, it’ll boost the value.  =)

13. Mark C says:

Dags is SH% is well over 30% so far this season, there will be a regression to the mean.

14. forskis says:

Sports Switch:

I cannot believe that the NFL has fined the Patriots’ player for the hit on Favre that cut open his chin…it was a clean hit to the chest full-on that clipped his chin and not blindside to the head; all it was was an attempted QB sack…and very clean.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

15. Arrow77 says:

I don’t understand how Martin thinks. I thought it was time to reconsider the Gomez-Gionta and the Hamrlik-Spacek pairings. Now, he modify just about everything except them.

I have problem seeing a scenario where we win this one (a 2-0 shutout?) Who’s gonna score? Plekanec might not play and I don’t see Kostitsyn scoring on that line. Eller could develop chemistry with Cammalleri but that’s a lot of hope to put on a young player.

16. forskis says:

D’Ags is not the greatest of examples to use…he was given 2-3 years on the team to prove himself and did not…and he did not do anything substantial with the Blues last season…he finally has a good start and good for him but that it has nothing to do with the Habs since he was given plenty of opportunity here.

Blues fans only think the team was nuts NOW…they were still upset with having lost Eller…goaltending, as much of a question mark as it was going into the season, was the least of the team’s problems.

The team has not treated the fans horribly as you imply…some teases here and there with the appearance that they can almost make it over the hump…it happens, it is not for lack of effort.

“I am guilty of using elipses…”

17. kirbhabs says:

Thorton Suspended 2 games… I have watched the hit several times, to me it is a suicide pass.  Clean hit from the front and perron was looking down at the pass from the right.  True, shoulder to head, because it is 6’4” vs 6’0” not becasue he target his head.  If they keep calling these for suspensions, there will no longer be hitting in the game at all… then we will see more stupid fights of grown men hugging each other while punching shoulder pads and helmets… boy that will be fun to watch!

What should Joe have Done?

A.  Let Perron go by

B. Bend down and give an old school hip check and have Perron do a cart wheel

C. Nail him like he did

18. CBrady12 says:

you sound like such a loser…and look like one too

19. Xtrahabsfan says:

Have we not all figured out  what Max Pax has been saying is true,just look at what Dags is doing in St Lou and on the fourth line.Look at how they treated Halak all those years AND HOW THE FANS IN  BLUE THINK WE’RE NUTS! And look at how we the Fans been treated the LAST 19 FREAKING YEARS!

20. scrowe21 says:

And why would the fans boo Max?

21. Da Hema says:

I hope people don’t get too worked up over Pacioretty’s comments. If I knew him, I would have suggested he direct his comments to the Habs management quietly via a requested meeting rather than air it in the media.

That said, he should get out of the “first line/second line” hierarchy mentality. In today’s NHL, you pretty much must roll four lines. His concern should be ice time (which he will get) and having complimentary linemates once his overall game is at the NHL level. It sounds to me, from his statistics this year, that Pacioretty is making progress. If he can become consistent, his size and strong skating will make him a valuable forward for years to come.

————————

An important announcement from the Government of Canada:

Health Canada is reminding Canadians that consumption of the Toronto Maple Leafs has led to vomiting, fever, bloody diarrhea, dementia, and penile dysfunction.

22. _Habsoloutly_ says:

No need to be sorry, sh!t happens.  I already have all my Panther’s tickets for the season, got my two Habs games and a bunch of other’s.  Really getting stoked for the new years eve game here, my wife has to work so I’m taking my sister and her husband since they are vacationing here over Christmas.

23. Clay4bc says:

It’s the cap age though, Dave. Salary has to be considered now in player evaluation, like it or not (and I don’t like it, BTW). Gomez is fine at his salary before the cap, but after? Grossly overpaid for his contribution.

I’ve never had a problem with Gionta though…although I have a growing concern this season so far, I thihnk he’ll get it together.

__________________________

Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.

– Bertrand Russell

24. Clay4bc says:

Wow, what an intelligent rebuttal! I bet you worked on that one for weeks.

__________________________

– Bertrand Russell –

25. Clay4bc says:

First of all, he didn’t blame Price for the losses – didn’t even mention him in his post, actually.

Second…did we actually get better in scoring since last season? Eller’s 1 point the big difference?

__________________________

– Bertrand Russell

26. JD_ says:

Unlike Flashy Smileypants Subban.

Still laughin’ at that one, despite the fact it routs my Poindexter Bentley Subban, PK’s little-known twin brother.

27. Hockey Socks says:

Any thought that Ruff will be fired soon should be waved off. The man won an Olympic gold medal this year and to suggest firing him before Regier even attempts to make some major roster moves is folly. The fact that Lindy Ruff has been the coach of the Sabres since Taylor Hall was still in diapers is a testament to his coaching ability and the fact that the organization believes in the coach above the players. He didn’t just “go dumb” at the start of this season. The only way I see it happening is if by the time the playoff picture is less cloudy, Buffalo is out of contention. I would see the Regier/Ruff tandem going out together rather than separately.

28. Keith says:

Didn’t one of Pleks missed games due to a suspension Boone? He’s a pretty durable guy.

29. Danno says:

Add my name to the long list of jealous people who want to be there too.

Maybe next year…

30. Keith says:

To everyone who’s going to the Summit…hope you all have a fabulous (Habulous actually lol!) time and I wish I could make it this year. I was there in 2008 and had a blast but I missed out on meeting Boone, Stubbs and Mio so when I attend the next one (hopefully I can make it) I will make it a point to introduce myself to them. Have a cold one for me boys and girls, and GO HABS GO!!!

31. WarHero says:

No Probs :) Just doing my Hably duty :)

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Fan hub & HockeyBuzz

32. Danno says:

Good stuff. Thanks Anthony!

33. JF says:

Glad Pleks is playing, but hope it doesn’t make him feel even less well tomorrow.  Nobody says what’s wrong with him.  The French media said he was “grippé,” the English say he’s “not feeling well.”  Hope it’s not something that could spread around the room, like a few years ago when the whole team had stomach flu…

34. Chorske says:

Maybe JM and Gomez are just not smiley people.

35. Chorske says:

Negative, Ghost Rider

36. WarHero says:

He was on the ice for the warm-up :) There is post on the main page.

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Fan hub & HockeyBuzz

37. Danno says:

Any word on if Pleks is playing tonight?

38. badangel says:

did they also suggest that O’Byrne sublet his apartment to Picard?

39. Mike Boone says:

Sorry about that. I fixed it.

40. Propwash says:

Me too, hopefully it lit a fire under Gomez’s rear end

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

41. TomNickle says:

Considering they’re the same people who started complaining and bashing them in the summer prior to them putting the Habs jersey on……..yeah.

42. Keith says:

So Gomer had “The Talk” with JM today eh? Let us all hope that it will produce results.

43. Propwash says:

Cool! I pick her up @ work on University for 8, then Ill beat feet to Crescent.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

44. punkster says:

I’ll be there before 8 I hope. But have to leave by 9. Short leash tonight ;)

45. punkster says:

Chris Boyle’s analysis will not change the views of those who simply dislike Gomez and/or Gionta for their contracts. They will continue to use dollars as their starting point for all arguments. No use arguing back until the Gs get up to speed again. While I would expect that to be soon I do not expect the anti-Gs to back off the whining. There are principles at stake.

46. Propwash says:

Im gonna try to make it to Hurley’s by the 2nd period. Hope to run into Punkster, and JD_ again! Ill be bringing my GF as well.

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

47. Danno says:

Which reminds me. Rogers sucks.

48. _Habsoloutly_ says:

The ticket deals in Florida link doesn’t work.  Takes you to a Canwest Web Access page.

49. nick says:

I know I’ve said this before…

Price – 2.75 to stop pucks.

Forwards – a collective 35 million to put the puck in the net.

Can’t win if you don’t score goals… So whats the bigger problem here?

50. _Habsoloutly_ says:

There will probably be an online feed for it somewhere.

51. fuhgawz says:

fawk

cjad it is — again

52. zozotheclown says:

New first line does it again!

53. Hagar says:

BENNY!!!!!!!!!

54. JIMVINNY says:

That line is really saving our bacon tonight.

55. Mark C says:

Where is Tony to remind us all what a mistake it was to sign Darche in June for $500K?

56. Keith says:

Glad the response is quick! Pouliot!

57. zerolegel says:

Pou-pou!

58. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Funny how all the scoring in this game has been by the 3rd lines

59. Xtrahabsfan says:

Our No:1 line Darche,Halpern and Polio…..

60. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

it’s true..people like to bash him for not being super talented but he works his tail off evey shift

61. JIMVINNY says:

I was one of those who would have rather seen White than Darche, but he’s certainly winning me over.

62. Mark C says:

I hear ya, White will be a fixture on this team real soon. Darche just makes a lot of sense as a 13th forward, no harm in pulling him out of the line-up at any time.

63. JIMVINNY says:

Right now, though, any of Pyatt, Boyd, and Eller should be out before him.  He’s producing points, which they aren’t.

64. Mark C says:

Yeah, he’s playing too well right now, but in general. When White gets called up it should be for good, not as a 13th forward.

65. zozotheclown says:

Its probably time to split up G&G, they’re just dying out there together. Maybe use Gionta with Cammy and Eller, anything to get one of the top 2 lines going.

66. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

just tuned in to the game, reffing seems to be in it’s usual craptacular state

67. twilighthours says:

Hard to believe that just happened.

68. Xtrahabsfan says:

Some Cris Lee type crap  going on in Buffalo….

69. TomNickle says:

I would say Gomez and Cammalleri because #13 will shoot the puck at the right times and hold it at the right times.

Gionta just seems to be making the wrong decision with the puck every time he has it.

70. JIMVINNY says:

Finally takes a shot, and totally misses the net.  Nice, gomez.

71. zozotheclown says:

Coach heard you, Ak46, Cammy and Gomez out right now.

72. Mattee. says:

Does gomez not have anything more than that off-speed snap shot? Come on man, let the biscuit fly!

73. topher5468 says:

Our Captain could not hit water if he fell out of a boat, terrible

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

74. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Missing Pleks big time! At least Halpern crashes the net. Gotta teach that to the rest of the team.

75. gumper says:

Waive him too. Down to the Dogs!

76. The_Salted_One says:

can someone remind Gionta that the logos on goaltenders jerseys are NOT targets for shooting the puck…    either he hits a stick in front   or hits the goalie right in the chest.

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

77. twilighthours says:

Markov brutal on that shift.

78. zozotheclown says:

Some epic fail D from all 3 guys in front of the net, well, all 5 guys really.

79. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

can’t even count the number of times I’ve rolled my eyes at Gomez tonight…..

80. The_Salted_One says:

third line again!!!   BENNY!!!!

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

81. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

BENNY!!!!!

82. Max_Hab_Fan says:

That has to be our best line..

83. Exit716 says:

Can Martin shorten the bench to two lines tonight?

84. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

And just like that, 3rd line in the clutch!

85. Danno says:

Super Chicken hatches a beauty!

86. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Bottom two lines are getting it done. Markov looks like he is missing training camp.

87. sidhu says:

What did PG say about the Max Pac comments?

88. gumper says:

Said he hadn’t heard them. Big whoop! Montreal press stirring the pot as usual.

89. TomNickle says:

Brian Gionta needs to play a game hungover.

He won’t be thinking as much.

90. gumper says:

Cammallari beginning to seem like a one-dimensional player. Without Pleks he looks utterly lost. Much more ineffectual than everybody’s current favourite whipping boy. I guess it’s better to be invisible than to be making mistakes while working hard.

91. JIMVINNY says:

I get what you’re saying, but Gomez is one of those guys who never looks like he’s working hard.  So when he’s making mistakes, and not being effective, he looks even worse.

92. ross says:

If anyone needs to get fired up about watching the game tonight, this is well worth the read:

Hoo-rah! Bettman should start passing that out on tracts in the sun-belt cities, to get the conversion started.

93. Danno says:

Thanks for that magnificent description of the game we love.

94. Max_Hab_Fan says:

double.

95. gumper says:

Yes, yes, oh yes!

96. Danno says:

PK needs to get a wood stick. These styrofoam ones just don’t cut it.

97. Harani says:

AWESOME Nike Sportswear commercial by P.K. Subban. LOVEEEE!

“It must be love!”

98. DearyLeary says:

Pretty cool.

99. tony d says:

On paper, our boys should win tonight if they work hard and finish their chances but I have a bad feeling. I’m guessing Lalime will work some Quebecois magic and stone our boys. If Pleky is sick, it handicaps our 1st line. Our D pairing is still questionable. I think the Sabres will win cause they’ll want it more and will want to end their slide. Hope I’m wrong.

100. JF says:

Unfortunately, I think I agree with you.  I saw some comments earlier to the effect that it was difficult to imagine our losing this game.  I can imagine it all too easily… a close-checking game in which we are kept to the outside, a couple of glorious chances missed, the powerplay firing blanks, Lalime stoning us… it could happen very easily; it just did against Florida.  Also, the Sabres are long overdue to win a game at home.  And Plekanec has been our best and most consistent player and a key to the penalty kill.

101. RGM says:

So nice you had to say it thrice!

But yeah, it would be nice.

102. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Would like to see Eller step up like Darche is doing.

103. Keith says:

Yes, get dirty Habs! That’s what it will take to win this game tonight.

104. Exit716 says:

Come on Jacques…it’s time to break out your patented “Patrick Lalime cost me my job in Ottawa” rant. Get the boys motivated.

105. kempie says:

LOL – it’s true

106. Shiloh says:

Nice work Benny!

(Got my hard hat on) – but really, Price was on his knees looking for nickels on the last Buffalo goal. His side-to-side movement is horrible when he’s sliding on his knees. He has to be quick – pop-up and move – he’s not good when he’s on his knees for a full 5 seconds.

Of course I’ll receive a barrage of criticism from many for daring to point out when Carey does poorly and for not appreciating how well he has played this year. He’s been a good goalie this year – very solid – but he shouldn’t slip back into old habits.

107. Exit716 says:

Exactly. That goal had nothing to do with Gomez having his back to his check.

108. JIMVINNY says:

I’m not going to berate you or anything, but I will point out that the puck was bouncing around in the crease, and no hab had any idea of where it was, least of all Price.  He was covering as much of the net as he could (post to post along the ice), and by the time the puck was visible to him, it was past him.

109. le_vrai_jacques says:

what he said, all of it

110. Sanchin Films says:

Question: If Martin murders Gomez, does his remaining salary count against the cap?

111. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Price is playing solid tonight. But the D seems to be running around.

112. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Thomas pulled for Rask to start the 3rd against the Caps……so he IS human :-)

113. king ddd says:

i was just wondering when we traded for gomez was brad richards available?

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

114. topher5468 says:

As I have been hard on Benny in the past, He’s playing real well and it’s because he worked hard. Nice going Benny

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

115. J.T. says:

Yes.  That’s considered circumvention of the cap.  However, if *I* murder him, it’s off the cap as it would be a crime of passion.

116. Keith says:

Hotdoging it isn’t he?

117. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Oh man, don’t go there. lol

118. habber86 says:

PK’s gotta sort out that chin strap. For some reason it’s always up around his chin/lips instead of you know, actually holding his lid on

119. The_Salted_One says:

THIRD LINE AGAIN!!!!!  WOW!!!

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

120. JIMVINNY says:

What a GOAL!!!!

121. sidhu says:

An outside shot scores!

The Samsonov offense works!

122. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

BENNY!!!!!! YOU ROCK TONIGHT!

123. linp says:

We have a new #1 line

124. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

I’ll be the first to admit I’m not used to praising Pouliot, but wow

125. gumper says:

Can Gio borrow Pouliot’s stick for the third?

126. zozotheclown says:

Wow what a line tonight

127. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Odd shot of the bench. Notice the huge space between Gomez and Gionta.

Pou Pou what a blast and Darche drives right into Lalime.

Love it!!

128. Danno says:

Did I say Super Chicken?

Sorry. I meant Super Duper Chicken!!!!!!!!!!!

129. joeybarrie says:

JM needs to put Pouliot up to the G+G line to help get them going………….

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

130. TomNickle says:

Hope not, Gionta’s a righty.

131. Sanchin Films says:

B-B-B-BENNY and the JETSSSSSSSSSS

132. kirbhabs says:

…. did Pouliot just wake up?  Sorry patches, could be waiting a while in the minors…  With Eller in the top six, the bottom six are able to gel!

133. Hagar says:

Poor Eller better not get comfortable with his top 6 role.

134. Keith says:

Now Benny’s smoking some shots! That’s a great line!

135. Shiloh says:

Benny even-up for LaSlowesse – it was a steal. Great shot!

136. gumper says:

Think it would matter right now?

137. RJB says:

Pou Pou!!! Love it! We don’t need Gui Latedontdress

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
    - Bilbo Baggins

138. thepriceiswrong says:

yes break apart our best line… thats why ur not the coach

139. habby state says:

I love crimes of passion.

140. TomNickle says:

Yeah, I’d like Pouliot to keep going.

141. quentin_stuckley says:

and 8 inches shorter.

142. Xtrahabsfan says:

I heard those teeth would self- clean  on every roadrunner take-off!

143. The McJuice says:

My Boone Fearless Prediction: Habs win, Markov is the first star, the power play is a factor (a positive factor, that is).

Burn the bandwagon.

144. gumper says:

Appearances can be deceiving.

145. habby state says:

you mean there are actually times that Gomez tries?

146. Castor says:

You know what sucks? The thing going through my head is “if anyone breaks losing streaks for teams, it’s the freaking Canadiens”

147. MNaslund26 says:

is there a live feed i can watch? at work. sigh.

148. WarHero says:

See my post below :)

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Fan hub & HockeyBuzz

149. Xtrahabsfan says:

Well ,just watched last nights hilights  “Blues vs Sharks” …THE BLUES  ARE HOT!!!! Flash in the pan  ,three shut-outs in 9 games Halak,eh!

150. Jordio-oh says:

do you have a job?

151. Propwash says:

Yep, Blues are doing really well.

Do you think Halak would have the same record if he was playing on the Hab’s current roster?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

152. MNaslund26 says:

thanks dude. do you know when it will be available?

153. WarHero says:

Usually as soon as the game starts :)

You can also try here: http://atdhe.net/index.html

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Fan hub & HockeyBuzz

154. JD_ says:

The way he’s playin’, I liked AK46 with GioGom late in the BJays game, as well. He was makin’ room and it just felt like somethin’ was gonna give.

In as much as it pains anyone to see a producin’ line like Pleks, Cammy & Co. get messed around with, Pleks is good enough to raise anyone’s game and, assumin’ he isn’t blowin’ chunks midway through the 2nd, good things could happen for the top 6.

Havin’ said all that, I also freakin’ dislike watchin’ the Habs playin’ teams drownin’ in negative karma. It’s like they’re some sort of topical salve.

155. TomNickle says:

Who just said put Pouliot with Gomez and Gionta?

The kid just scored his second goal of the night with Halpern and Darche and you want to yank him from that line?

F’ing braindead people man.

156. thepriceiswrong says:

there is an extremely high caliber of hockey analysts posting on this site

157. The_Salted_One says:

i agree!  why split up the only line thats scoring and putting on any pressure in the O-Zone tonight??

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

158. Hockey Socks says:

What did Gauthier say about Pacioretty?

159. Mike Boone says:

Claimed he hadn’t heard what Max-Pac said.

160. Hagar says:

Actually with the way the top 6 has been I’m not so sure Benny wants to leave his line.

161. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Only in Montreal are the top 6 the bottom 6 and visa versa

162. Max_Hab_Fan says:

The “3rd” line shows that hard work pays off.

163. avatar_58 says:

Poopoo isn’t playing like caca, unlike the rest of them

164. Danno says:

If only our PP wasn’t like caca

165. Mike Boone says:

Very sophisticated commentary here, guys.

166. king ddd says:

dang shouldve took halpern on my pool

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

167. Hockey Socks says:

Everyone whined about Garon getting traded when it happened. A washed-up geezer in Radek Bonk and a nobody goaltender in Cristobal Huet for the next great Quebecois goalie? We thought we got robbed..

168. Keith says:

Excellent period by Halps, Benny and Darche! Great checking line that can score. Or are they a scoring line that can check? I don’t know, but I LOVE IT!

169. Exit716 says:

They got Radek Bonk and Huet for Garon.

170. TomNickle says:

Brandon Dubinsky has the quietest 10 goals in the NHL.

171. twilighthours says:

I was sad that the Habs chose Theodore over Garon

172. mbplekfan says:

Its either a perfect night for G&G to break out or for Eller to get his first goal, or an ugly night of the Habs not scoring and highlighting the lack of effort of late from some players.

173. win4ce says:

RDS guy just said no Plek tonight..

174. Larry says:

Anyone remember the last time a hab had a natural hat trick? I am rooting for Benny tonight.

175. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Was it Ryder against the Leafs three seasons ago on the last game of the year?

176. leafs67_andcounting says:

Lalime tonight, possibly Leclaire tomorrow and Luongo on Tuesday. I don’t like this at all.

177. Chuck says:

At least it’ll be better than a triple-header against New Jersey.

Centre Hice: Road trip!

178. habs-hampton says:

I think most teams keep a Francophone goalieon their roster just for Habs games. I’m sure they all have at least one buried in the ECHL ready to be called up if needed. These guys all grew up worshipping the Habs and there’s nothing they like better than beating them.

179. JIMVINNY says:

LOL.  The jumbotron in the Bell Center is showing the buffaslug logo.  Isn’t that gone now?

180. JD_ says:

Last season, it was all PP, no 5-on-5 with largely primary scorin’ and a quiet secondary.

This season, the team’s movin’ to the other extreme.

Where’s baby bear, Goldilocks?

181. Hockey Socks says:

Eller scores his first tonight I say.

182. Hockey Socks says:

AK46 – Gomez – Gionta
    Pouliot – Eller – Cammy

That should be our top six. Frankly, it seems like Moen plays his best hockey on an energy line.

183. gumper says:

Ya gotta love a fresh sheet of ice. Turn the page, start over.

184. Danno says:

Moen to play with Cammy and Eller?

185. _Habsoloutly_ says:

Sweet poke by Spatch.

186. JIMVINNY says:

I think AK will be great for G+G.  He’s definitely deserving of attention, should take some off them.

Great sprawl by Spacek.

187. Hockey Socks says:

Ice seems wonky in Buffalo.

188. JIMVINNY says:

That looked like a slew-foot on Josh.  It’s not normal for a guy to go ass over tea kettle like that.

189. Keith says:

And the crapola calls start already.

190. Hockey Socks says:

Eller nearly decapitated Hamrlik.

191. JD_ says:

Note to Boyd: Lose the wind vane Stephane Richer ’86 special over yer upper lip.

192. JIMVINNY says:

So did Pominville.

193. JIMVINNY says:

Uh, hello….  It’s MOvember….

194. Hockey Socks says:

CA-REY! CA-REY! CA-REY!

195. Keith says:

Lots of Hab fans in Buffaler, loveit!

196. LizardKing1967 says:

OK SCREW YOU ALL YOU PRICE BASHERS> HE JUST STOLE THE GAME!

Jim-out. I BELIEVE!

197. LizardKing1967 says:

AND P.K. IS BECOMING A MAN!!!!

Jim-out. I BELIEVE!

198. JIMVINNY says:

Love it when PK steps up on guys.  And a PP out of it, too!

199. DearyLeary says:

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!  It’s like getting lost in an enchanted forest where everyone has a magical duster on their upper lip.  Makes me so happy.

200. avatar_58 says:

TERRIBLE hockey. No one has any idea who they are passing to, defense partners out of sync, Price the only reason this isn’t already 2-0. Christ.

201. kirbhabs says:

Nice hit by SUUUUUUUUUUBAN

202. JD_ says:

Unlike Pleks, Price is playin’ sick.

PK takin’ care o’ bidness.

203. gumper says:

Love Price, but wouldn’t Habs have to have won for your statement to be true?

204. Hockey Socks says:

Second PP unit sucks. Darche, Halpern, and Hamrlik? What are we, the Leafs?

205. JD_ says:

Boyd’s had it since the beginnin’ of the season.

If he wants to be charitable, he really should go bizarro.

206. JIMVINNY says:

LOL.  Beautiful.

207. avatar_58 says:

I’m lost on what the hell Martin is doing this game. I feel like I’m watching the pre-season, tryout nonsense

208. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Wow, that sequence was so terrible

209. Danno says:

TABARNAK!

210. JIMVINNY says:

Only Gomez could turn a breakaway into a 3 on 1 the other way.  WTF are these guys doing?

211. Keith says:

Saw that one comin. A very bad pinch!

212. Hockey Socks says:

All on Gomez. He had a virtual breakaway and he stopped skating. I don’t care how much you like playmaking, you can’t just stop on a breakaway. Absolutely no sense.

Poor Carey.

213. avatar_58 says:

Unreal, clear break to the net and gomez looks for a pass. You just can’t make this shit up.

Why am I even watching this

Oy, yo, yoy!!!

215. Exit716 says:

Nice. The $12 million duds decide to play fancy pants with the puck instead of shooting it, then the other waste of money Spacek gets hung up at the line and boom it’s in the net at the other end.

216. LizardKing1967 says:

Like I said….He stole the game!

Jim-out. I BELIEVE!

217. gumper says:

Nah. Gomer sees the trailer, and tries to feed him. How come Gomer is responsible for what Gio and Akost and Spach to afterwards? Gettin’ all over Gomer may satisfy the urge to crucify someone, but he can’t carry the can for the whole team not matter how much he’s making.

218. TomNickle says:

For it to be an odd man rush a defenseman must join the rush or get caught up ice.

Gee.  Without seeing which defensemen were on the ice who would you guess it was?

219. avatar_58 says:

Are you nuts? The guy in front was skating the wrong direction, and Gomez skates……to the side?? Why not go right in and shoot? You know, play hockey?

I’m sorry but normally I defend this guy and I can’t find a single reason NOT to shit on him for that play. Unbelievable. Darche could have made that shot.

220. Mark C says:

Bingo, a whole lot of blame to go round on that play. Gionta needs to take that shot.

221. Mark C says:

Gomez skates to the slot, waiting for Gio to shot. When the puck goes into the corner, Gio skates around the back of the net, Gomez does his job, by going to support AK46 on the strong side of the ice.

Pretty much everyone on the ice shaves the blame on that goal.

222. TomNickle says:

The bloom is off the Tim Thomas rose as it were.

223. Danno says:

It happens to the best of them. Maybe even HHCBN.

224. Propwash says:

Hurleys update: A good time is being had by all and I’ll post some pics a little later. They’re a bit dark due to being taken by my blackberry.

225. linp says:

Halpern’s line can hit well.

226. habby state says:

I think Gomer would look good on a line with Pac and White in Hamilton.

227. Xtrahabsfan says:

Buffalo sure has gone downhill ! This should be a Habs win ,Sabre’s don’t have a punch line no-more! Carey’s got to stay square and focused …no 3rd period goal by him ..2 pts

228. Danno says:

We need an interactive, live-stream video connection.

Looking at still photos of the table dances just doesn’t cut it.

229. avatar_58 says:

New theory – when Plek gets back re-attach him to Cammy and AK46 since they have the only sustainable chemistry. 2nd line in ice time? Benny + Halpern, with Darche/Eller/Whoever. Give less ice time to Gionta and Gomez, making them the third line.

Seriously. This is the THIRD or FOURTH game I’ve seen Darche go into hyperdrive skating. When’s the last time our “2nd line” did that? Halpern seems to be playing better at center than Gomez, and Benny is hitting the net unlike Gionta.

So yeah…

230. habby state says:

so halpern is making $500, 000 and has 5 goals. making 1/10th of what Gomer makes, yet he’s 10X the player Gomer is.

Gomer belongs in Hamilton.

worse than a 4th liner.

minor leaguer at best.

231. kirbhabs says:

WAS up 3-0… now tied BOS 3-3… crazy

232. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

man, those Caps really do NOT know how to hold on to a 3-1 lead >:-)

233. Keith says:

I was thinking to myself when WAS was up 2-0, they’ll blow it you watch and voila!

234. joeybarrie says:

I HATE WASHINGTON. They either LOSE to teams in our division, or take them to OT… Always giveing our division points….. Their goalie sucks……. 3 goals on 5 shots in the 3rd. 15 shots total.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

235. vic says:

Gill hamer @ spacek playing hug a forward tonite

236. avatar_58 says:

Watching Gomez it’s pretty obvious what his issue is – he reads the play too slowly. When he gets in a good spot he STOPS DEAD and then looks for a pass. The difference with Plekanec is he looks for the pass WHILE driving towards the net. If the pass isn’t there he shoots, causing a rebound if stopped and maybe a goal from Cammy/AK46. Without that ability to read on the fly and shoot when the pass isn’t there…….Gomez will never be anything but a good puck handler.

Fat good puck handling is when you can’t create a play

237. pmaraw says:

is bugs having a shit flip yet?

238. Bob_Sacamano says:

Halpern makes $600.000 and it´s less than 1/12 of Scotty´s Cap Hit. We still shouldn´t give up on him during this season but if he continues to play like that, he has to go next summer.

239. TomNickle says:

Is Spacek colour blind?

Seriously.

240. notbigbird says:

3P 20:00:What style of
    lead protection will we see? Canadiens should take a series of penalties
    because Buffalo is hopeless on the PP.”

A wish is a wish.

241. Johnny_D says:

hard to argue that call

242. zozotheclown says:

Price outplaying Lalime is the only reason we’re winning right now

243. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

Price looking good tonight as he has all season

244. Mrs.Price31 says:

Okay so guys, I can’t watch the game on RDS because of my s#!t service and I don’t have TSN so are the Canadiens doing….well?

“So why call her bad? From her, Kings are born”

245. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Travis Moen drawing a penalty. Now time to pad the lead.

246. Mark C says:

PP needs to get one here, put this one away.

247. kempie says:

So far they’re sucking slightly less than the Sabres

248. TomNickle says:

Jeff Halpern might be our best player not named Plekanec, Markov or Price.

249. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

What was Hammer thinking just then….

250. sidhu says:

Try Eller in front of the net on the PP… or try Gill!  ;)

251. Wamsley01 says:

LOL, doesn’t take much to do that :)

252. TomNickle says:

Really?

This isn’t new.

253. JIMVINNY says:

Methinks Rivet is one of those ex-habs who no one really misses all that much.

254. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

Just joined – what a play by Pyatt!

Loving the Darche-Halpern-Pouliot combo.

Halpern has been our 3rd best forward this season (so far after Pleks and Andrei)

255. Keith says:

Tommy Pyatt with some hustle and draws a penalty Rivet.

256. helluva habs fan says:

Too bad we can’t just take a knee on this PP.

257. gumper says:

Role players are playing like stars, stars are playing like role players, Price is playing like “the next one”.

258. gumper says:

I say try to punt it out of bounds.

259. sidhu says:

Trying the same thing and expecting different results….

How about splitting G and G??

260. pmaraw says:

I know what he was thinking, “how many double downs can i eat before i puke?”

261. Mrs.Price31 says:

This is GREAT

“So why call her bad? From her, Kings are born”

262. le_vrai_jacques says:

childish and rude. go to your room immediately!

263. CBrady12 says:

Ok dad…Lol

264. WarHero says:

You’re welcome :)

——
    Follow Anthony on: Twitter & Ottawa 67s Fan hub & HockeyBuzz

265. Xtrahabsfan says:

Habsolutely the best Goaltender in the World would still have 3 shutouts. Look,lets just face it we ditched the best pro Goaltender for giving us HOPE! And when Martins finished with breaking down Eller ,he’ll be sitting next to O’Bryne,White and Max Pac mumblings the the infamous Brando line “I could a been a contender !”

266. Propwash says:

Well, au contrere, Halak would have not posted 3 shutouts if he was backstopping the Habs these days. In fact, it’s totally possible the Habs record could be even worse. Think about it a sec.

Oh, and Eller has been doing pretty well, do you even watch the games by any chance?

Goalies in Montreal have two roles, netminder and scapegoat.

267. habsfansince91 says:

gomez should be benched for that crap

268. twilighthours says:

F******************************************CK.

Gomez and Gionta are F**************CKING brutal.  If Gomez had any balls he would have taken that puck hard to the net.  If Gionta had any confidence he would have just shot the puck.  Instead, it ends up behind Price.

F******************************************CK.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND Cammalleri misses the net.  F***CK.

269. kirbhabs says:

that was horrible all around… gomez open and does not go for it, gionta one on one and fans…. spacek weak on the line…

270. twilighthours says:

Thank god for Halpern.

The anti-Gomez.

I love that line.

272. The_Salted_One says:

and the third line gets it done once again!!

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

273. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Whoa! Just as I said to myself “this team isn’t connecting with ANYTHING tonight”…..

274. TomNickle says:

All on Gomez?

Perhaps defensemen shouldn’t join the rush when we already have a 3 on 1 advantage.

As a defenseman, you know if that puck gets turned over, you’re screwed.

275. habsfansince91 says:

maybe a forward shouldn’t skate to the side of the rink and look for a pass when he has a clear chance on goal.

276. Hockey Socks says:

That play could’ve been over in half a second if Gomez at least took a shot from the slot. There probably wouldn’t have been a push-back like that.

277. tony d says:

Gomez should be shot. WTF???? He’s on a breakaway and decides to go for a leisurely skate. Carey kept them in the game up till then. This blows.

278. Keith says:

Agreed, plus we were outshot all to hell. Gomer should join the Ice Capades ffs!

279. JIMVINNY says:

None of our shooter can hit the bloody net.  stop trying to pick the corners, and get it on net.

THANK YOU, HALPERN!!!

280. Exit716 says:

Wow, Halpern and Darche make $1.1 million between them and they’re embarrassing the crap out of the French Immersion Student and the Mexican Alaskan.

281. Hockey Socks says:

Pays to go to the net… Gomez.

282. Keith says:

OMG Halps!! Worth EVERY PENNY he’s getting paid!

283. avatar_58 says:

F’in lol….this team won’t get anywhere if it’s the 3rd and 4th they rely on for goals. This needs to change NOW

284. Xtrahabsfan says:

Ya like I was saying before …the only problem Price has been making this year is over committing….Nice goal Halpern ,real nice pass Darche!

285. Sanchin Films says:

Glad they got that one back. I’m still hung up on the Gomez play. WTF was he thinking?!

286. Shiloh says:

Gomer – I’ve never seen that in 53 years of watching hockey – stopping on a breakaway. You are sucking big time right now. Halpern (from Darche) – beauty – and a combined salary of less than 1/7 of Gomer’s.

Apart from that he’s been freaking awesome.

288. avatar_58 says:

Yeah I think he could have had that one, but I’d have to see it again to be sure. Still – GOMEZ. Sorry but even a shot on net would have been better than nothing.

289. Exit716 says:

At least no one is bitching about the goaltending. It’s all about Gomez and Gionta.

290. habs4ever2894 says:

Starting to think that habs fans account for half of the NHL’s total revenue.

291. joeybarrie says:

First off the one who was looking for a pass was GIONTA……  He was the one to lose the puck and turned into a 3-1….. GOMEZ has given 3 gifts in the 1st period and no one could put it away.

HONESTLY such idiots blaming GOMEZ on everything…. He is playing well, and has given great passes tonight.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

292. Exit716 says:

I’m sure your hero would have stopped the shot and then scored after going end to end on the rush.

293. The_Salted_One says:

the sabers had SIXTEEN SHOTS!!!   ugh…  what happened to this habs team?   they have been AWFUL as of late! did everyone just forget hw to score? (exception: 3rd line)

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

294. TomNickle says:

Yeah, crazy Carey Price thinking that Mike Grier would shoot instead of coming in for a deke after he’d been fed with a pass that got through on a 3 on 1.

What was he thinking?

295. Keith says:

I hope Boone’s havin a few at Hurley’s if he’s there, he’ll need em!

296. linp says:

I really have more than enough from Spacek. He is so slow and he tried to kick the puck. WTF!

297. habs fan from stonyplain says:

who the hell passes the puck on a breakaway gomez has to be better and I love pk

298. Sanchin Films says:

Argh!! I’m going to be in Florida one week too early to take advantage of that discount tickets deal!!

299. Mattee. says:

Gomez turns left on a break away and goes with the drop pass. LOL.

300. linp says:

Among all our forwards, Halpern and Darche have the best chemistry.

301. habsfansince91 says:

i’m not one to blame gomez, but seriously, the guy has a clear chance on net and he decides to skate to the side and pass it. Yes, he didn’t turn it over but it wasn’t a very smart decision to look for the pass in that situation.

302. New says:

Gomez choked. Then he choked coming back. Pros don’t choke, so there is something wrong with the picture.

303. gumper says:

Amen brother. One of the worst aspects of human nature is the tendency to find a sacrificial victim to symbolically carry all the sins of the group, and sacrifice him/her to the gods for the good of the whole. Apparently Gomer’s the guy this year. No one else can possibly be held accountable for what was generally a weak first period. It’s all Gomer’s fault.

304. habby state says:

GOMEZ SHOULD BE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you ever seen a player on a breakaway, STOP??????????????????????????????

NEVER! EVER!  please remind me again why Gainey signed that piece of sh*****????

He’s without qa doubt the worst center and shooter in the league, yet gets paid the most!

he needs to be demoted to Hamilton IMMEDIATELY! I can’t watching him play and do nothing!

PG: have some balls and DEMOTE GOMEZ!

DEMOTE GOMEZ! BUY HIM OUT! I DON’T EVER WANT TO SEE HIM AGAIN!

best thing, is for Gomez to have a serious injury and out for the season. well at least we can hope for that!

DEMOTE GOMEZ! DEMOTE GOMEZ!

305. twilighthours says:

I’m not blaming everything on Gomez, but I will blame that play and every other play where Gomez sissied out instead of actually taking some contact or taking the puck into an area where he might get knocked down.  Any player worth his salt would have pounced on that opportunity to drive the puck to the net.

I thought Gomez was excellent in last year’s playoff run.  Right now he’s one of the worst players in the league, fancy passes or not.

306. New says:

Just about the first time I saw that. The other time was a stroke.

307. habby state says:

MORON!!!!!!!!!!!

308. amvanimere says:

I saw Vladimir Konstantinov get a breakaway in a game against the Oilers years ago. He dumped the puck in the corner and went off on a line change.

309. Mattee. says:

Tell us how you really feel buddy, we’re here for you.

310. The_Salted_One says:

agreed.  i just dont understand what he was thinking. but suban has been playing reletively well   as is markov, gill and gorges. but offensively, this team is in real trouble right now. so many players in real bad slumps right now, and i think its leading to a lot of bad decisions. so worried about not scoring, that they end up actually not scoring… EVER

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

311. habby state says:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

312. twilighthours says:

Please, it’s really simple: Gainey did NOT SIGN Gomez.

313. Mattee. says:

I laughed so hard. Very creative. Stupid, but creative.

314. thepriceiswrong says:

ever seen someone bobble the puck?

GET A GRIP LOL

315. gumper says:

Gomer’s fault. He should be waived.

316. habs001 says:

with so little offensive talent on the team most of our games will be like today…if we win posters will say we played very well if we lose the same posters will say we played crap…lapps looks lost in the offensive zone…

317. gumper says:

Now there’s an intelligent remark.

318. habby state says:

but he traded for that piece of crap!

319. habs4ever2894 says:

Anyone want to bring up Desharnais? We put him on the second line with Gionta and demote Gomez to the third line. I just know that if Desharnais plays legitimate minutes he will be a solid point producer, he has ripped up every league and yes m aware that this is the nhl and he is small but we gotta give him a chance!

320. Mike Boone says:

Tomorrow post-game

321. Big Ted says:

Gomez gave up a chance to go for a goal. Spacek missed the puck at the blue line, which is what led to the Buffalo goal. Gomez’s mistake may have cost us a goal for, but Spacek’s mistake DID cost us a goal against.

322. gumper says:

Finally, someone with a clear vision.

323. PrimeTime says:

22 hours,eh? how long until you are banished again??

324. twilighthours says:

I’m getting near that point.  The guy would play his guts out and would take any hit thrown at him.

325. Mattee. says:

So what you’re saying is… Gomez 4 Captain? Word.

326. Mattee. says:

So what you’re saying is… Gomez 4 Captain? Word.

327. Mattee. says:

So what you’re saying is… Gomez 4 Captain? Word.

328. joeybarrie says:

GOMEZ PASSED IT TO GIONTA.  WATCH THE REPLAY. GIO DIDNT PULL THE TRIGGER, GIO LOST THE PUCK. HE IS UNLUCKY. GOMEZ HAS GIVEN SOME GREAT PASSES AND NO ONE CAN BEAT THE GOALIE….

CANT STAND ALL THIS BLAMING ONE GUY. LOOKS REALLY REALLY DUMB.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

329. twilighthours says:

Gionta was on the first PP unit, Tony.

330. tony d says:

yeah I don’t know what Martin said to him today but it wasn’t motivational by the looks of it….he stinks out there.

331. Mark C says:

Blame it all on Gomez. Where did Gionta go after failing to shot the puck in the slot? Thats right, he took himself out of the play by skating behind the net. Starts and stops Tony.

332. krob1000 says:

Where is the real play by play Boone?

Steve Kerley alone at the bar..hot bartender asks “is there ANYTHING I can do for you?”, SK24 circles back waits for Ian Cobb and Andrew Berkshire to join him, he hands a pint to Cobb…ooooohhh he bobbles it, Berkshire tries to corral the beer in the corner..A Sabre Fan reaches in and catches the falling pint starts to run away with it… Bugs leaves his comfortable position near the back of the bar by the blue sign to pinch in and lend a hand….but instead offers a foot? now the Sabre fan is running towards the door ready to make a clean getaway with the fumbled pint…..don’t worry serious fan 09 is guarding the net…I mean door…he won’t make it out…..serious fan? did you slip? what are you doing on the ground? ….bunch of sorry ass drunks!

333. Xtrahabsfan says:

He was thinking “Hey,this year I’m playing pretty good but I have to stop over committing myself !”

334. RJB says:

WHY ARE YOU YELLING!!! AHHHHH LOUD NOISES!

- Bilbo Baggins

335. TomNickle says:

No blame for Gionta for not pulling the trigger.

No blame for Kostitsyn being in the worst possible position as the third man on a 3 on 1.

No blame for Spacek pinching

And no blame for Hamrlik not taking away the cross ice pass coming back.

All Gomez’s fault.

336. joeybarrie says:

So you want Gomez to pass the puck, SCORE AND get back on a breakaway to save the day…. IDIOTS..

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

337. kirbhabs says:

why does price constantly chip the puck the their D on the line?

338. zozotheclown says:

Price is on fire tonight, too bad the team isn’t.

339. TomNickle says:

I’m pretty sure he was thinking that a player with stone hands who just got a beautiful feed on a 3 on 1 is gonna shoot and not come to the net and try to deke me.

But you seem to have the hockey iq of a marshmellow so I’m not going to continue this useless conversation.

340. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Pricey looked damn sharp there

341. joeybarrie says:

SEE now I sound like im bashing Gionta. I get so frustrated when everyone jumps all over Gomez and everyone else did great….

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

342. PrimeTime says:

Price already done more tonight than Halak in any of his shutouts!

343. Mattee. says:

All I care is that he makes the saves, and he’s been brilliant doing that.

344. TomNickle says:

That’s the way it’s been all season with the exception of their Pens game.

But don’t say that publicly or you’re a Halak hater and a Price fanboy.

345. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Nice to see Martin rewarding the 3rd line for playing a good game. Is Max Pac watching?

346. Shiloh says:

Couple of things:

My 19 yr-old daughter (big Habs fan) is watching the game with me tonight. During the last power play she asked, “Daddy – where’s MAB?”

Secondly, Boone is fond of the expression “brain-fart”. That implies a malfunction, doesn’t it? I would argue that a good fart can often be a necessary function. Just sayin’….

347. pmaraw says:

and a good way at getting the misses to move over in bed

348. punkster says:

Just back from Hurley’s and a brief stop at the opening night of the Summit. No arrests to report yet.

349. topher5468 says:

Buffalo PKers are very aggresive, need quick passes and to get the puck deep. To much presure on the point men

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

350. duffy says:

Could the PP suck any more ,Markov making a huge difference.

351. TomNickle says:

I don’t disagree but our defensemen can’t join the rush there, it’s just as braindead as Gomez not going to the net for a shot.

Why are those bums still together?  Maybe the answer is that JM doesn’t want to screw up two D pairings.

352. gumper says:

Fed the guy who’s supposed to be the sniper. The sniper goes wide instead of shooting, passes to AKost how sends a weak-ass pass to the blue line forcing the Dman Spach to make a decision to either pinch or fade, Spach makes the wrong choice, but of course, it’s all Gomer’s fault.

353. habsfansince91 says:

That’s true. That whole shift was just a total mess

354. zozotheclown says:

P-H-D

Pouliot-Halpern-Darche

Love the double entendre, I guess Halpern has a degree? I know Darche does, and surely it cant be Pouliot lol.

355. Mark C says:

Halpern spent 4 years at Priceton, not to shabby.

356. sidhu says:

Cammy can’t buy a bucket either

357. Keith says:

ARRGGGHHH!!!!

358. Shiloh says:

Yeah – they never appreciate the Dutch Oven.

359. habber86 says:

F Cammi… gotta get that scope focused in already enough is enough…

360. Thomas says:

Can’t believe Cammi didn’t pass that!! Moen was wide open!! Then he shot it right at the chest, curious choice methinks

361. Keith says:

Have a beer with the rest of us no nothings Mr. Boone.

362. king ddd says:

Rivet: what a stiff! Gorges AND a draft choice (Max-Pac)! if wouldve been sweeter had it been perron

.::DON’T MESS WITH THE MOENATOR!::.

363. JD_ says:

Cammy telegraphed the shot so much, you’d think he was gonna pass to the well-positioned Moen.

Wasn’t quite listenin’, but Joel Bouchard absolutely slammed MaxPac by sayin’ the guy will need a chair to skate in the NHL. Wow. Really hit him hard. Smashmouth TV journalism.

364. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

HOLY COW.

Gionta can’t buy one.

365. Keith says:

Can’t hit the broadside of a barn!

366. ajpursell says:

switching between TSN and MSN on gamecenterlive, it seems like they’re both calling for Buffalo.

367. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Wow… Gionta has to hit the net on that shot.

368. le_vrai_jacques says:

he meant a “niche” (not as in doghouse)

369. Keith says:

Pouliot blast! Thought he had the hatty!

370. JIMVINNY says:

SHOCKING!!!!

/sarcasm.

371. fuhgawz says:

monkey is off poo poo’s back … time to get king kong off of Gio’s ….. as for Gommer ….. well

372. pmaraw says:

gionta is gonna give us fits… until after the allstar break :o

373. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Well, as ugly goes, that was beautiful.

374. Keith says:

YES!!!! Grind it out hockey wins it!!!

375. Danno says:

They took the bull by the horns and won it.

Good job.

376. joeybarrie says:

BIG WIN. With Boston losing, almost worth 6 points………..

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

377. Harditya_CareyPrice says:

NOUS AVONS GAGNE!

Good win.

Halak might and I say might be the better goaltender today, at least statistically speaking, but there’s no way you trade Price. He’s going to be the better the goaltender. He was freaking awesome tonight.

My 3 Stars

Pouliot

Price

Lalime

379. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Sleep well and we do it again tomorrow. Do we see Auld? Will Pleks recover? Wait to find out!!

380. JD_ says:

Don’t step on my fabricated sensationalism built on the back of an intentional miscontextin’ of Joel’s use of the word “chaise”, man.

381. sidhu says:

Never in doubt!

382. avatar_58 says:

Huh? Why Auld, Price hasn’t lost a game due to soft goals. Sorry but it’s 100% Price or Martin is a tool. They can`t afford to give away points

383. Mark C says:

Great road 3rd period with a lead, 4 shots allowed.

384. Keith says:

PhD line? That’s pretty good!

385. helluva habs fan says:

Good win for the boys tonight. Things started off rough, but they got their heads into it, regrouped and played a solid second half. Credit to Carey for keeping the game from getting out of hand, old hat for him so far this year.

With Plekanec out, SOME other line had to step up. And one did.

386. topher5468 says:

Any win in Buffalo is impressive to me, good road win. Price continues to prove he is a # 1 but hats off to Benny. Maybe some of his touch can rub off on the pathetic Gomez and Gio

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

387. punkster says:

Sure, the competition wasn’t exactly top drawer tonight but nice to see them still winning with completely screwed up lines. Go figure. Still no luck for the Gs or Cammy but again not for lack of trying. More like the old adage of holding the sticks too tight?

388. Puck Bard says:

Liked Carey’s poise…

For you Westies who were April Wine fans, I have posted my thoughts about jamming with Jim Clench (RIP) on my blog:

RIP- Jimmy Clench

389. The_Salted_One says:

i think king kong is standing on gomer, gionta and cammy’s sticks.   im not gonna say they suck, cuz i truly dont believe that   but they do seem to be slumping quite badly.  they just need some confidence boosting goals to get them going again.   thats what i think anyways

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

390. sidhu says:

Weber with his 7th goal tonight.

Keep him in Montreal!

Sit Boyd or Pyatt, play 7 D tomorrow.

391. Puck Bard says:

Absolutely. That’s a game they have to win, (that in the past they would have lost)

392. Shiloh says:

Wow – you can tell all of that? How? Halak is playing like an elite NHL goaltender – and he has played that way for the past couple of years as well. Price had a great start to his career then slipped all the way down to where he was playing like an industrial league pickup. He’s been better this year, but the jury is still out on him. Let him have two or three great years and steal a couple of playoff series against offensive juggernauts – then we’ll talk.

393. JD_ says:

There was a bit of a selfish edge to the play on the top two lines tonight. Guys so desperate to shake the hex, they’re takin’ low-percentage shots rather than tryin’ to carry the play an extra step. For all I know, JM is tellin’ ‘em to just fire the puck as soon as they cross the blue line and good things will happen ‘n’ all that shiznat, Gio’s 1st period spaz-out excepted.

But, hey, secondary scorin’ and Price is playin’ like a winner. Two points in the bank.

394. punkster says:

You’re the William Boot for the new age.

395. punkster says:

So how many shots into the pads from Gio, Cammy and even AK did you count tonight? I couldn’t keep up.

396. J.T. says:

Just curious…why do you drop your “g”s all the time?

397. JD_ says:

I heard there was a bet in the Habs dressin’ room, somethin’ to do with findin’ out if the crossed sabres on the Buffalo crest are actually those little cocktail swords, you know, the ones that hold the olives in your martini, just lightly glued on.

Here. Let me add IMHHO. Of course it’s what I think. Halak is playing on a pretty stingy team as well. Halak and Thomas right now are generating early Vezina considerations. What I am talking about is Price’s play. He did slip in the past. Doesn’t matter. Today he looks great. Moving forward the trend looks good.

The bottom line is he kept the Habs in this game with huge saves. And it is his body language. He’s much bigger than Halak and plays a more complete game. Definitely better rebound control and puck handling. But I always liked Halak. I am just thinking that Price looks like he’ll fulfill his ceiling expectations. I always said last season that Halak hadn’t peaked and will get better. Neither has Price. Price also looks like he’ll be an elite goaltender if he isn’t already making a case as being one already.

399. JD_ says:

It’s an unconscious habit, probably borne of the fact that when I type, it’s in concert with how the text is bein’ pronounced in my head.

I was gonna add, I’ve been typin’ so bloody much and for so long, I don’t even notice it. When I write somethin’ formal, I typically have to go back and do a search-replace to pull them all back out.

400. notbigbird says:

Good question. It’s sure not to save work bc everything gets an apostrophe. So why JD_?

401. OneTimer says:

Good post Salty, I’m with you

402. linp says:

I find Lapierre is worse than Pyatt defensively.

403. TheDagger says:

Yeah really, I know the G&G line isn’t playing great but that’s taking it a little far.

404. nova scotia vees says:

Right on Shilo… I guess I just have a blind spot when it comes to Price’s brilliance.  Perhaps he is so brilliant that he is blinding me….OR perhaps Boone and others are sooo keen to pump him up that EVERY save is a beauty and every goal scored on him was “impossible” to stop.  Anyone else notice his brilliance on the second goal…again overplaying the shooter and ending up lying on his back while the Buffalo player put it into the “EMPTY” net.  As I said before…he gives up more “empty net goals than anyone I have ever seen.  I guess we should be thrilled that he is stopping shots that most good goalies also stop.  That’s better than last year.

405. JD_ says:

Someone’s on to me.

I’d say it’s less of a blind spot and more of a mental block.

407. The_Salted_One says:

why, thank you sir.  you are too kind :)

your friendly neighborhood Salted One

408. TomNickle says:

The result is the exact same if Gomez shoots and a rebound pops into the slot for the Sabres to turn it back up the ice.

409. RJB says:

Ole! Way to be boys!

- Bilbo Baggins

410. Puck Bard says:

A meat-and-potatoes win. I like it.

411. Habies says:

CORRECTION: Halak went to Priceton, Halpern went to PriNceton.

412. Mark C says:

Haha, nice catch.

413. ttglgohabs says:

Big win for the 3rd line.  I hope Beny lights it up!!  Price was solid, we miss Tom P. Next up?

414. habs4ever2894 says:

2P 19:30

Price is losing his puckhandling touch

But he got his stopping the puck back..

415. RiverviewCanadien says:

Don’t like the title of the thread, but love the PhD name. Brilliant Booner.

Crazy game, PP still sucks though, Markov is getting back to game.

Price is having a better time away from home. He is playing really tight on the road. I wonder if might it have to do with the fans at the Bell when he is scored on. Is it just me or does he shake it off better away from the ‘Faithful’?

Anyways, what the hell is up with the top 6? Pleks is the reason any of the top 6 have more than 4 pts. Unreal the snakebite of Gomez, Capt. Gionta, and Cammalleri. Eller did not fit in tonight either.

Pouliot…what can you say, Halpern, Darche…Lights out hockey.

416. gumper says:

Okay. Akost has a clear opportunity to pull the goalie off the post by faking the pass, but fails to do so and goalie makes an easy save. What as worthless piece of ___. Le’t put him on waivers or demote him to the Dogs.  Oh wait, he’s not making 7 mil.

417. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

Kaleta, always a class act

418. Habs Fan in Oil Country says:

gawd Kaleta is such trash..waste of a hockey player

419. Keith says:

That’s horseshit! I hate what the league has become.

420. Max_Hab_Fan says:

Wow… how did Gorges get a penalty on that play?

421. JIMVINNY says:

That’s total Bullshit.  WTF did Gorges do?  That’s a terrible call.

422. habsfansince91 says:

reffing at its best

423. avatar_58 says:

What the hell just happened? Reffing is such a joke these days

424. Chuck Chuck Goose says:

W.T.F.

Same ref who allowed Colton Orr’s goal last week……clearly needs to change his prescription eyewear

425. habs365 says:

So much for the 1st and 2nd line JM put together. I told you it wouldn’t work. Halpern as I was saying all along, the way he works the way he can score should be on the first line with, AK46 and pleks

put Cammalleri, with Gomez and Gionta on the second line and see who’s worth keeping come contract time, I think Pouliot with Lapierre and Darche would make a good third line

The fourth line could be Moen with Eller and Pyatt/Boyd

JM let them play together and leave them be, you just may surprise a lot of fans all the way to the playoffs lucky tonight Pouliot, Halpern, Darche And price came to play, just enough to get the job done, the first and second line you put together didn’t work…Read this and listen to a fan for once, we see more than you see watching the game you have to be thinking and making moves with lines and players that we don’t have to do, if you don’t try this against ottawa tomorrow night, ottawa will grab two points from you

Good Luck