Thanks! We needed that

Beating Martin F. in his barn – and dominating the Devils.

Pretty good stuff.

And the Leafs can’t catch them.

1. gp52 says:

What i saw yesterday night was an exhausted new jersey team
    who made alot of turnovers and mistakes. Now its great that
    montreal is able to take advantage of another teams exhaustion and
    play a good game, but i wouldn’t say they played great( It was only 1-0 after 2 periods). Its more like they looked like they played better when compared to NJ’s poor play.
    We’ll see how good this team is when they play a well rested and hungry Chicago team on Tuesday.

2. jjpod says:

why are you referring to Martin Brodeur as Martin F ? its annoying with no explanation as to why

3. DLS HAB says:

The corner has turned! Darche had a super game. Benny skated very good tonight and he had some good hits. If he could start to pot a few his confidence would soar. If this kid puts on 10-15 pounds of muscle we have power forward number 2. I thought the top 2 lines are starting round into form. Overall a good team win on the road.

4. Habby says:

This was for that loss in October that hurt so bad.
    And the one in February that made us so sad.

Keep it going guys. I want to see a win in TO at the ACC! My first Habs game can’t be a loss. We can’t be eliminated from the playoffs before or after that game!

Go Hab go!

The drive for 25 is alive!

5. JohnBellyful says:

Congratulations, Habs. Well done. Take a bow, Gionta and Darche.
    My only quibble — and it’s just that because the team won — is the players still have a terrible time getting the puck out of their own end. There was at least dozen times when they were in a position to make the play but failed to do so, and it wasn’t necessarily because they were under a great deal of pressure.
    But this is a matter I’m sure the coaches are well aware of and will address before the next game. For now they and the players can savour a well-deserved win that we fans hope is a harbinger of more good things to come.
    (I wonder if they had a beer before the game.)

• punkster says:

This is the 3rd season in a row that they’ve had the same problems clearing their zone, however, this season they have been much better. They do not get caught in the corners as much, do not dump as many pucks in front of their own net as much and do not continually try to bank it off the boards or glass as much to clear. Oh they still do those things but I find myself less and less concerned about it. PK and Wiz have helped there. Tonight, yes they had trouble and you can see in other games (the Bruins game particularly) when the opposition presses them in the corners the Habs can sometimes cough it up. They don’t fold like they used to but they are susceptible.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• habstrinifan says:

Wiz has NOT helped there! He is actually very weak in this area, and one way of monitoring it is check how long his shifts are… and that’s because the puck is nottransitioned early enough for a line change.

Compared to P.K for instance, WIZ will have 11 shifts and P.K 13 and WIZ will have played least min and a half more. I followed the TOI/no. of shifts on TSN boxscore of the game.

• DLS HAB says:

I noticed D.D. seemed to be watching the play on one of those scrums in their own end.

6. WestHab says:

note to HIO lots of your fans still have no idea how to assign their avatar, it’s like a little dirty seceret. Please make it easier to see and execute. tanks

7. Bill says:

Carolina wins, so the Habs still need three points in their last three games to guarantee playoffs. Sure would like not to be worrying about that on the last game of the year for a change.

Mathieu Darche is a total frickin’ rock star from Mars.

Full Breezer 4 Life

• Your math is off, Habs hold all the tie breakers. We need 2 points to clinch.

• habs001 says:

with 2 points we would have 93…sabres would need to win 3 out of 4…rangers would need 7/8 points and carolina would need 4 wins..so 2 points will not clinch

• WestHab says:

Darche was strong but also credit to Gio for those sweet assists.

• habstrinifan says:

Darche has convince dme that if we can get any two forwards WORKING their butts off per game…. doesnt have to be same two game after game, and if JM recognizes who they are and plays them accordingly then they can pull the offense along with them.

Sometimes it can be Darche and DD and sometimes Eller and AK etc etc… but JM mustbe alert as to who is working rather than relying on Gomez Cam Gionta to lead.

8. habs001 says:

the only way we can clinch a playoff spot before our next game is if the rangers get beaten in regulation at flyers sun and at home vs bruins mon…could happen

9. WestHab says:

this was just what the doctor ordered for antidepression. please refill prescription.

10. HalifaxHabs says:

Important Question to all:

When will playoff tickets go on sale online?

I scored 2 online last year for the Philly series and flew up from Halifax… this year I’d like to catch a first round game

11. Al aboo says:

“we are soooo much alike, we must be long lost brooothers”
    Darchee and gionta………

12. Rusty says:

This was like a carbon copy of a classic NJ game @ Montreal, but reversed. Couldn’t really believe how we dominated away and how frustrated the Devils were. The best thing: Lemaire’s frustrated look saying; “Hey, Jacques M, that’s my style.” Still makes me a little mad with the goal they got.

QUESTION: Where is the upload function for the little picture in this new system?

Rusty Stubb

• WestHab says:

you need to go to gravatar.com creat profile with them give them your “little picture” using the same email you use with hio. takes a few minutes.

13. habs001 says:

it was a solid win but some posters are rediculous…way over praising the habs…this is just a very small step…we were only leading 1-0 after 2…we were playing a team that played the flyers last night and their third game in 4 nights and we have been off 2 days…when the same thing happened to us earlier in the season i remember all the negative post vs the team that beat us stating it is a meaningless win as we were a tired team etc…you can love your team but please do not be a hypocrite

• _Habsoloutly_ says:

Debbie just called, she wants her downers back.

• And when the Habs lose on back-to-back nights, there’s a legion of posters saying that isn’t an excuse because they’re professional athletes. You can’t have it both ways. A win is a win is a win.

• blu3chip says:

Well, we have a lot of posters who bash the Habs like there is no tomorrow with one loss. They are pretty ‘rediculous’ too. I guess the two parties balance things out.
      Hypocrite is a strong word, it seems to be way over used these days.
      A lot of posters here are unhappy to night with Habs getting two points, and I’m just overjoyed.

• habstrinifan says:

Maybe the fatigue factor contributed to the habs win but I think what is excitiong posters is the waythe habs maintained their skating and did not sit back. I followed Boone’s blog it didnt seem as if they did base don his blogging. Then I watched RDS express and CBC after hours and I had also taped it. I liked how the habs maintained their attack.

• showey47 says:

The devils played 3 games in 4 nights but all at home.

14. filincal says:

“THE Sysyem” just got “SYSTEMED”

15. OneTimer says:

Lovin’ Gomez-Gionta-Darche. If they play like that in the playoffs, there’s hope.

16. slapshot777 says:

It’s about time that the Habs have a lead and smother the Devils the way they use to do it to the Habs.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high.

17. punkster says:

I really, really, really want to play the Bruins in the playoffs. First, second, third round, I don’t care when. I REALLY want a shot at them.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

• smiler2729 says:

Me too, those idiots were supposed to play us last season but blew a 3-0 series lead to Philly…. We woulda creamed ‘em and had some fun vs. Chicago in the Final.

Oh well.

“My second favourite team is whoever plays the Leafs”

18. Propwash says:

Boone’s reverse jinx is alive!

19. Shiloh says:

MacLean just announced on HNIC that the Habs are in. Is that official?

20. 4m3y2j says:

A STUD GAME BY GIO/DARCHE/PK/
    PLEKS/CAMI/BENNI STARTING TOO FIND THEIR WAY BACK
    ELLER AND DD AMAZING
    BEATING MARTIN F. BRODUEUR ?
    WAIT FOR IT……..

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

21. matrags says:

This team is making me Bi Polar …

22. topher5468 says:

Ya know, if the habs played like this and lost I could live with it, Its when they have no intensity and can’t put 2 passes together is when I get upset. Gomer may have played his best game of the year, I hope its a sign of things to come. He really competed hard tonight. PK, well hes been steady all year. And darche, awesome tonight

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

• Al aboo says:

agreed, they really looked pretty motivated and it made for a good game, also, Price once again, thank you, too bad they couldnt get him the donut…..god sleep tonight…

23. novahab says:

Don’t get to excited guys this team is still not in the payoffs. Jersey was a tired team and the Habs played hard and it was a good win . Strange that JL did not pull the goalie did he concede the game.

24. HabFanSince72 says:

Do Ottawa ever suck!

Leafs scored. 4-2 now.

26. Aybara says:

This game goes out to that (profanity deleted) who was on here before boasting about how he bet against the Habs.

Never gonna see that 100$ again sucker.

27. Shiloh says:

I bought a Habs golf bag this week – really didn’t want to spend the summer hearing from Loaf fans. Thanks, boys.

28. Keith says:

Huge win! I’m happy! Time for a beer ;-)

29. punkster says:

Wow. So damn happy about this one. Complete game for a change. Very few mistakes. Crowding the front of the NJ net at times (could have done it more). Good work in the corners at both ends. I give it a 7 on a scale of 1-10.

***Subbang Baby!!!***

30. Clay says:

It’s nice to be the team that eliminates another one for a change.

__________________________
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions. ~Susan Sontag

31. yehaken says:

And the Habs eliminate the Devils from playoff contention.

32. topher5468 says:

Good F Off Devils, have a nice spring/summer.

“It’s not an obsession, It’s a way of life..”

33. Nahlsy says:

Best part: The Habs are the team that retires Brodeur by eliminating the Devils

34. larisalapointe says:

Sanity returns………Oh ye of little faith. ;)

35. HabsoluteFan says:

Buffalo takes the lead 4-3

36. Aybara says:

Bad ass block by PK

37. habstrinifan says:

Boone:Eller line out. Good. They’ve worked hard

Good Good Good! Boone make sure you praise JM HEAPS on this one so that it happens more often… even after a mistake. Getting Eller uber confident will help this team HUGE…. for the playoffs.

I think he will be a fearless battler in playoffs.

38. showey47 says:

how about we play some hockey at the other end of the ice for a while?

39. HabFanSince72 says:

Lemaire not pulling the goalie.

40. VancouverHab says:

Eller + Price for Halak: anyone make that trade?

41. Habitoba says:

Funny, looking at the Canucks/Oilers game, Oilers don’t even have as many wins as Vancouver have loses (overtime and regulation) and have lost only 2 more games than Vancouver have won. Talk about 2 totally different teams in terms of shittiness.

42. HabsoluteFan says:

Make that 3-3 between the Caps and Sabres

43. Montrealer2 says:

I knew those fools singing a soccer song would jinx the game,

“I’m not blind,I’ve just seen enough”

44. MathMan says:

It was the Desharnais line vs. the Devils’ first line.

It’s not a matter of “reverting”, it’s a matter of DD, Pouliot and White outright not being able to hang with these guys. Martin usually shelters them, but in a 3-0 game he takes some risks and gives these guys some learning experiences.

This is why, incidentally, JM doesn’t have DD trying to do Gomez’s job.

45. dhenry1234 says:

That shift where they scored is exactly the way habs have been playing as of late. THat kind of shit NEEDS to stop if we’re going far in the playoffs.

46. HabsoluteFan says:

CAR 4 NYI 2
    BUF 3 WAS 2

47. Jdub1985 says:

If the Habs were able to close out for Price – he’d have a good 15 SO’s by now

———

48. JIMVINNY says:

FFS!!! They just can’t keep the shutout going for Price.

49. Shiloh says:

I hate the Ole song – especially at inappropriate times. It’s a horrible song at any time…

50. Jim Edson says:

HAIL to the passive SYSTEM!

Who am I: Mohamar Ghadaffi or Gary Bettman.

51. VancouverHab says:

OK, I’ll get hatred for this, but DD has any strength by the boards, & that’s a simple clear & no goal.

This, ladies & gentlemen, is (in part) why he rides the pine as he does.